Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,882
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. Just want to beat something or someone with a 2x4 after reading that chapter...
  2. centexhairysub

    Care: 6.2

    I truly hope that James and Casper, and hopefully Tasha have all cleared the air between them and not held back on any secrets. I truly believe that James means what he says, if Father hurts Casper, I believe that James and Tasha will do whatever they have to to hurt him. I don't think that Father will stay away from Casper, I am not sure that he would even if Casper asked him to; plus, I think he really wants to understand why his attempt to use his power on Casper caused him pain. Ray, Casper's father, deserves all the horror of this revelation. If he and his wife had been honest, maybe Casper would be in a completely different place, but then Hideyoshi would probably be dead... Excellent chapter, flowed well, and very well written.
  3. centexhairysub

    Cleanup Duties

    D'gar has patience and is willing to learn; that is an admirable trait no matter what the situation is. He and Herebeth have proven to be a steady and reliable team. This makes them a valuable addition to any wing. S'brin either isn't willing to figure out the issue or hasn't decided that his relationship with D'gar is worth the work of figuring it out yet. Excellent chapter and flowed really well; the tension was great during the ground portion of the thread fight. Really well done...
  4. centexhairysub

    Care: 6.1

    I do not believe that Casper fully understands what he is risking, at least not totally. That being said, it sounds as if Father had not come through that Hideyoshi would not have survived, and would that have been the best outcome, or course not. Does anyone really trust Father, no; but just as it was explained about why Father was tolerated by the authorities and others earlier in the story, that is why Father needed to do what he did to try and save Hideyoshi. Casper made the right call, even if none of us like it. Trust is earned, and it can never truly be fully earned and secure without honest and open communication; which no one in this group is really good at. What is Leanne? Is she even of this earth? Where did she go? I assume that because Charlie could make portals is why he was taken, but taken where?
  5. centexhairysub

    Embers 12

    Excellent chapter, flowed really well. I hope the cop at the other end had not sent any civilians down the way the mutts had to take... Glad to see they were able to hold the line against fire and save the houses.
  6. Not sure that the price of that favor may be worth even Hideyoshi's life, but I hope it was.
  7. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.17

    As I said in the last chapter; Caleb should have made sure she was dead. Never leave an enemy like her alive...
  8. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.16

    Damn, Leanne turned out to be more than I ever expected. Of course, i guess when you are powered by over 20 other beings and their energy that you are leaching and stealing from them, you do have some strength, just not of character or will, just a paucity of theft... Caleb kicked ass, but are we sure that this was enough?
  9. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.15

    So Caleb has joined in the fight; and not a moment to soon. I like how he handled 18. He needs to conserve as much of his power as possible for what is coming. Plus, he is going to have to take time to convince 23 that he really has a way out for them both. So very descriptive throughout this chapter; truly felt that power of this haunted forest...
  10. Well, Vincent had his first kill; I cannot imagine how hard that was on him. He will have to learn that sometimes there is no other choice; which is what will happen when he eventually faces Stefan. Although, he and his wolf cannot be in that kind of conflict during a fight with a stronger opponent. They almost got themselves hurt badly because they were not united in their outlook. If Kordell had not been so flawed in his thinking and behavior this could have turned out differently. Stacy is actually handling this so much better than I could have expected. I guess the fact that she was such good friends with Vincent and really does care about Dave has made it easier. I hope that Miss Elaine will help with her arrival.
  11. centexhairysub

    Chapter 14

    I think Will needs to realize that Connie is involved in a professional sport; and it isn't even the issue of hiding who he sleeps with but all the training and travel and auxiliary shit involved in it. Getting ready for a new season is a major undertaking. Will needs to realize that Connie may not be blowing him off but just honestly that busy... I just love any time spent with JP and Stef. Love how they interact with Will, they both care about him a great deal; although I do think JP understands Will more than Stef does, but he and Stef are still tight, blood brothers to the end. Plus, all those little things that show how much they still love each other, it is just sweet. Well, New York is always interesting, plus we will get to see JJ, everyone's favorite... LOL
  12. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.14

    I was right, all hell did break loose. Never disconnect the rage of love; hurt someone that another cares for and loves deeply and their vengeance can be terrifying. Honestly, I don't think the good guys had enough people on stand-by for this, they underestimated their foes, never a good thing to do.
  13. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.13

    I think that perhaps all hell is about to break loose...
  14. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.12

    In this instance, I was talking more about Jacqueline and Charlie. Charlie has been kept totally in the dark and therefore is not prepared for anything. Even if she could not tell him he will have to go through something horrible to come into his power; if he was aware of the wider would and her part in it, he might have been more prepared to deal with these circumstance.
  15. centexhairysub

    Heated Days

    That was some good advice. You can love someone and not be able to be with them, it just happens. We know that they stay together but some time apart might not be a bad thing as well. Well written and this chapter flowed beautifully.
  16. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.12

    As I said last chapter, with all those others to draw on, Leanne is going to have so much reserves it is crazy. I still can't imagine that she would be able to actually kill Hideyoshi but you never know, and if she does, we know several people that will be more than pissed. Once again, the lack of honestly and communication within families have put so many in danger, I truly believe that no matter what the situation, that is never the way to go...
  17. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.11

    Ah damn, I never thought about the fact that besides draining the slaves to keep them compliant; Leanne and the other masters would be able to call upon their power to supplement their own. I know that Hideyoshi is strong; but if Leanne can pull from over 20 other people with power; he may have wished that he had additional backup as well. Do none of these parents know who any of their children's friends are? It just seems weird to me. Plus Jacqueline works with Peter; don't you think that with both of their kids going to the same school; they would have some idea they knew each other and were friends? I can't wait for the next chapter, I can't wait for 23 to come face to face with Caleb when he tries to rescue her. Keep up the great work.
  18. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.10

    Well, we know that whoever this Leanne is she knows who the Toranaga family is and the threat it would represent to her and her associates. Leanne does not really appear to me to be the boss or even near the top; she comes across as upper mid level management. I am surprised that Caleb would have trusted her about 23, surely he would have realized that she would not give both of them up that easily. And we still don't know how 23 is going to react. I hope that Charlie is going to be safe, do not think that James will react well if he isn't. And still want to know who is the target that 23 was sent after. Granny got some game.... Leanne makes it sound like she is really the one to fear...
  19. centexhairysub

    Embers 11

    This chapter was just a delight from start to finish. Even the yelling and fighting was so over the top soap opera that it really worked on several levels. Loved the dialogue and the pacing; both were first rate. Can't wait to see what happens next....
  20. centexhairysub

    Chapter 48

    History has through the years been one of my great passions. I truly believe that if we don't understand the past; we can never make a workable future. That being said, Mark has a true gift. He obviously loves history as well; but he has the talent and drive to create real art with his knowledge. So, while I will continue with my comments and blasts on occasion, let's all thank Mark for the real joy he has brought to our lives with his talent...
  21. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.9

    Glad Tasha got there in time to help get James home; I know that we shouldn't really fully trust Caleb, but I do. I hope that this works and James giving up that much magic was for the best. I hope that his grandparents were able to get to Charlie, but still want to know who 23 was going after. I sort of wondered at one time if it wasn't Bex, but how would they know yet if she was going to come into her powers or not. I hope that Caleb is able to harness this power and free himself and 23; but I also hope that we find out who his masters are and they get their asses spanked big time.
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 48

    I am starting to try and figure out which crown head of Europe that Granger will not have slept with before this saga is done with??? Loved the chapter; although there were rumors then and still to this day about how much the British Ambassador and British government was involved with the assassination; no definitive proof either way has ever been offered and accepted. Most historian at least tacitly agree that the Tsarevich had to been aware of the plot before hand, if not to kill his father at least remove him from the throne. The Tsarina did make a play for power; but it was not long lasting or even seemingly full hearted. Granger and his men are thankfully free to leave the palace and go back to the warm embrace of the Stroganov family. He also made sure that Daventry understood that he needed to be elsewhere when the new came out. I honestly wonder how Granger manages to keep everyone on the straight and narrow so to speak. Well done, Mark, another wonderful chapter to the story.
  23. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.8

    I had a horrible idea when I heard the name in the last chapter that it was James's friend from school. I don't think his last name was ever mentioned just Charlie. I don't know who these people think they are; but I have a feeling that they just bit off more than they can chew. Caleb might have an issue fighting back at them but James and by extension Tasha, Casper, and James's family will not. After what happened when she was younger and having her first partners dead body dumped in the bed next to her and left there all day when they tried to escape; you do understand why 23 feels and acts the way she does. She is in her own best way trying to protect Caleb. That being said, I have to wonder who the young girl is that she is being sent after. OMG, I cannot await the coming battle over this...
  24. centexhairysub

    Aid: 5.7

    Ah, so now we know why at least one group wanted the bird like creatures. Well, interesting conversation to start things off with; and some good background on the elven culture in this story. You can almost understand James's reaction when he found out, the need to lash out at something, anything... So, how will this new character be drawn into our group; you have to feel that is what will happen: or is Charles Vance the Charlie that James's likes from school? If so this lady better be ready for the repercussions coming down the pike... Can't wait for the next update...
  25. Well, Stacy will never forget this date.... I am glad that Vincent was able to get there in time to save Dave and make sure that Stacy was not exposed to anything else; but that conversation is going to be a doozy... Vincent needs to let go and allow his wolf to take charge in this instance. Although, I do worry about how much energy it took for them to get there from New York that fast. But I still can't see this Alpha being strong enough to take Vincent. Plus Vincent should have extra power still left saved up in the bracelet. Kordell has arrest for domestic violence, usually the mark of a coward that hits someone that is not capable of actually fighting back. We need the next update pronto, although I don't doubt the outcome.
×
×
  • Create New...