centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,870 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
Well, I may have to come up with a scorecard to try and keep everyone and their connection to everyone else straight. Dates would be nice, how long since the prologue has it been since this occurrence? This chapter flowed much better and the writing was very descriptive.
-
Okay, not sure how this is going to go; but enough of a mystery for me to at least move forward. Writing was good but the pacing wasn't smooth as I would have expected. Just enough of the background so you know sort of what is going on; but not really sure how the players revolve around each other. Could be the start of a grand adventure.
-
Okay, wow, I just don't even know how to handle this one. It is f&%#ed up on so many levels. Just when you truly believe you might have possible seen the worst of humanity, you realize you are not even close to that. The people that bred Caleb need to be wiped from the face of the earth along with all of their progeny. No one with their genes should be allowed to live. I truly do hope that James doesn't try to help Caleb and his partner on his own; this is one of those things that he needs to involve someone else to make sure everything is handled properly.
-
Chapter 12: Lurking Lycan
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 12: Lurking Lycan
I am going to be so pissed if anything really horrific happens to Dave or Stacy, still can't get a full read on her but... We still don't really know who the mister i am the big bad wolf is or what is real issue is; but I can't wait for him to meet some of the other Alphas in this area. I am so enjoying Cyrus, he is just really different from any other shifter that I have come across in any story. He is truly a breathe of fresh air. I almost feel sorry for Wagner, almost; but you know there just has to be something that is driving his behavior. Can't wait for the next update, let's make it snappy... -
I have to say that I had never paid attention to the blue box. I think I glanced at it once before and really focused on the deal about emailing your directly.
-
That is why all the warning about the monsters that your parents give you rarely work. The monsters never look like monsters. They are the boring guy in the cubicle next to you, they are the woman that always bakes all those delicious cookies for the PTA bake sale, they are the religious leader that you have been told to respect, they are the nice lady that delivers your mail; they look like everyone else, because you never really know what it inside of someone else's psyche. Great chapter....
-
Well, dragon or not; S'brin was being a total bitch. He has always been more proddy than most of the other greens but still. D'gar has never given him a reason to distrust him and his behavior is just rude. I had sort of wondered about J'rud once before but really did not realize his feelings went that deep. Well, M'rell and D'gar both have things to work out; a night away from their others might be a good deal. Chapter flowed really well, and loved the visit to the mountain lake.
-
At that, Caleb allowed himself another short chuckle, and closed his eyes. “Honestly, I was planning to kill you.” Okay, honestly did not see that coming. I never fully trusted Caleb but did not get the feeling that it was something like that. I mean, he felt he was stronger than James almost from the start, why not just try and kill him immediately and then move on? Did he think James was going to impart some life wisdom to him before his death? Totally feel like this was out of left field. Loved the normalcy of school; but Casper honestly should have knows that because of the attack and rape that James is not going to have a clear set of feelings about anything sexual, not even just liking Charlie. For an empath, Casper sometimes really misses what is going on below the surface. Can't wait to see what happens next....
-
I sort of thought after the last chapter that it might be the Father; but that would be way to easy of an out.
-
I don't know why but I feel like I would rather just kill myself than have James's grandparents find out that I was the one that raped their grandchild; jumping in front of a subway or off a very tall building would have to be a better way to go than letting them get a hold of you. Lewis really has no choice, but this would be a good way to get their protection and help the two kids that he cares about. Finally, thank you Lord, James and Peter had an actual conversation that conveyed something truly important with each other. They both had good explanations as to why they did not open up earlier; but so many things would have been easier if they had done so. So well done, can't wait to see what happens next.
-
OMG, we had Star Trek and Kardashian references all in one chapter; honestly, what more could anyone want. I love Star Trek, Lt. Nyota Uhura was one of my first crushes; well, never was sure if I loved her or wanted to be her... LOL. Have never understood the attraction or interest the Kardashians have entailed. They all annoy me. Loved how Joe was right about someone with power and pull being the one to arrange the transfer. Of course, the fact that are lycan is the primary reason that they were pulled so they could work with and protect Ethan and Aiden. Of course, with the lycan hearing, I am sure they all realize that Brandon made the Kardashian comment, and that really is not a great way to start this little get together. I am sure that there are lycans that don't appreciate Ethan and Aiden's abilities and positions; but have to wonder what issue Brandon really has with them. Wonderful update, and can't wait for that next chapter, gonna be some interesting introductions...
- 34 comments
-
- 16
-
-
-
I realize that both Casper and James have been through different experiences recently, but I agree, why suddenly feel that you can't trust each other... Just doesn't make sense to me. I realize that Casper may not want to name names but he could at least give an outline of what is going on to James and vice versa; especially since Casper now knows that Tasha is aware and that James has told his family about his abilities. Often it is the families that have a harder time dealing with a sexual assault on a child than the child themselves; of course the age of the victim and the severity of the assault may change that. Often the family feels ashamed that they could not protect the child or keep the child safe. James's grandfather did the right thing, although he got angry he left no doubt that his reaction was toward the assailant, not James. He assured James that he still cared about him and loved him; his use of humor actually was well done. Occasionally, and really more than people want to admit, the families can consciously or unconsciously blame the victim This can take many different guises, but is never right. No matter what the situation was, a victim never brings this on themselves, ever... I am going to assume by Hideyoshi's reaction, that the attack was not done of purpose to bring about James's ability; that awful thought occurred to me after the last chapter. Is it horrible of me to hope that perhaps the Father or one of his minions was in some way involved. Would love to have Hideyoshi take him on, see if he is really as strong as he is purported to be. I hope that James and Peter had more of a conversation than what happened in the actual chapter; going to assume there was a lot more said behind the scenes. Can't wait to see what happens next....
-
OMG, this chapter was just too perfect. I do wish that Tasha had thought to tell James about the marks being visible. But I damn sure would not want to be the person that did that to him; if anyone in his family ever figures out who the person was. OMG, just had a horrible thought, did someone do that to him on purpose to cause his powers to manifest? Damn, I had never even thought about that... Can't wait for the next chapter...
-
OMG, only George would manage to get f&%(ed by a future Tsar of Russia while pretending to be feverish hiding the Tsarevich in a coffin style bed.... Winkler has been around Granger way to long, he is staring to rub off on his. Love that Winkler's first reaction was to make the Tsarevich presentable. The idea of getting the fever was really inspired. At that time in history something like that would truly cause a panic, especially if anyone like the Tsar had even a remote chance of being exposed. This chapter was truly inspired. Can't wait to see what happens next. At least we know that Granger will have good relations with the next Tsar. Bravo...
- 22 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
OMG, so loved this chapter; of course would have been better if James had said something so his grandfather would have realized it was him but.... The fight was great, a little blood, a little mayhem, but neither suffered to much damage before James ended it. Well, like Casper, Caleb must have had a really negative experience with his family. Truly hate that, why can't families actually care about each other, why???? Excellent chapter.
-
Not sure she will but hope that Tasha mops the floor with Caleb. I am so over these people, adults, teenagers, kids, et al; that fail to be upfront. I know, there is a reason, but get over it. I don't think that Caleb really is dangerous to James, if he was, there would have already been repercussions from James being as trusting as he is. One hell of a battle about to be fought, can't wait for the next update.
-
Chapter 11: Beginning Brawl
centexhairysub commented on astone2292's story chapter in Chapter 11: Beginning Brawl
Yakob was completely right, you have to know hot handle the pain to know what it is really like in a real fight. Even if one is mostly with magic; there could always be physical pain involved and until your body knows how you will react to it; you can't know what you can and can't just do. Impressed with Dirk, was a hell of a fight. Wagner may have done untold damage to his own future, maybe he will get a chance to move past it and redeem himself, we will see. Can't wait for the next update, keep up the great job. -
I am sorry, but to me at least; Casper's feelings are all completely valid. I understand fully how he feels about his parents. You want to care for them because, well, they are your parents; but they have done something to you that no matter why they did it; their actions are truly unforgivable. I never thought about the fact that everyone in the family would speak Japanese so well, it would be easy to forget that Casper doesn't; and who doesn't want someone to cook, if he is any good at all they would all love Casper to do that, I am sure... Well, unless they actually like the icky freezer dinners... LOL. I wish Casper had gone ahead with his statement on James; I am so annoyed that everyone seems to want to hide something that they really should not be hiding. This chapter flowed really well.
-
Thank God, anyone but that ass Z'los. Although I do really like R'feem. This chapter was sweet and sad in equal measure. I am glad that Zalna has someone like D'gar to talk to; they were friends almost from the first. Being holder bred, she would naturally have a harder time; but she has always appeared to be more than most think she is. Knowing the future, the conversations between D'gar and S'brin are especially hard. This chapter was just full of emotions on so many levels. The writing and pacing were first rate.
-
Bonus Chapter Three: Doctor Sharpe.
centexhairysub commented on Rhythminthemind's story chapter in Bonus Chapter Three: Doctor Sharpe.
Hmmmm, let's see, who was that flying child; oh, that's right it was Peter's son..... -
A really delightful story that was well written with excellent pacing. Interesting characters that developed nicely and grew as the story did. A few nice twist and turns that kept everyone guessing. This story kept to the basic werewolf narrative with a few minor detail changes. Anyone that enjoys that type of story or this genre will enjoy the story.
-
A fitting conclusion, although I would handle a book two quite well. I felt as if most of the issues were resolved or smoothed out. I do wonder how you transfer the property and stuff but that is totally ancillary to the main issues that it really isn't even important. I have to wonder what will become of the twins, glad they did rename them. And Jada, will she find love? Oh, there is so much that could still be out there waiting to be mined and perfected. Truly a lovely story from start to finish, writing and pacing were always excellent. Did find the flow disjointed a few times but never enough to make a difference. Can't wait to see what you do next.
-
Strangely enough, I don't believe that Caleb is really a threat to James or the others, but don't think I trust him at this point either. No matter what has already been said, I just don't understand the total refusal of James to tell his parents. It doesn't make sense on any level. Can't wait to see what happens next.
-
Who was with Casper that pushed him toward James? Who is Caleb? Was it Caleb outside James's window? OMG, so many questions??? So glad that we now know that Tasha, James, and Casper are all relatively okay. I wonder if James's grandfather will realize that Tasha is calling James's phone? Okay, I want a directory of characters when you introduce new ones... LOL.
-
Great chapter, so descriptive and full of energy. I would think fighting a fire in an area like that would be unbelievable hard; plus throw in all of the eucalyptus trees and wow, just a recipe for disaster. The story I heard onsite for the three sisters matches the first one more than the second one; but both were fascinating. Keep up the great work.
- 31 comments
-
- 14
-
-
