Jump to content

centexhairysub

Members
  • Posts

    11,875
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by centexhairysub

  1. centexhairysub

    Embers 3

    Love the interaction between Brandon and Lucas, way too funny. I would think that you needed people that you trusted but also that made you laugh and feel comfortable to do what this group is doing. Have only been near a few large fires before; and know that I would never be able to do what this people do, the terror that is involved when looking at an out of control fire is overwhelming. Well written and flowed really well.
  2. centexhairysub

    Chapter 21

    OMG, loved everything about this chapter. So well written and the pacing was just amazing. I am afraid that the Empress and Lady Baiza will be in for a shock when their informants are updating them; perhaps Lady Baiza more than the Empress. The Emperor will have to act, maybe the Imperial Princes should visit their cousin the Marquis, have to wonder if the Empress would continue this attack with her own children there. Lord Revi will die, maybe not soon but in the end and very painfully. I truly don't understand the Empress, does she simply not understand what is truly going on? Can't wait for the next update.... Bravo...
  3. Was hooked from the first chapter, well written and the pacing was good throughout the story. Character development was first rate, although a few times characters just disappeared and you were never fully sure that happened to them. That said, you did care greatly about the main ones; shed more than a few tears on a couple of chapters. Ends rather abruptly, but a nice tie up for most of those you care about. Well done.
  4. Well, you did that well, until the last moment I really thought that Alex did not survive. Well written per usual, and the pacing truly was good throughout this story. Like others, I am left to wonder how they got out and what happened to Finn, perhaps he came back and saved Alex and Wesley and in doing so lost his life; but we may never truly know. I could see a second book easily with this one, but I do understand how hard that is to do sometimes. Congrats on finishing this one; had me hooked from the start. Bravo.
  5. Just truly loved this chapter; the various interactions were so well done. I can't wait to see Yakob and Miss Elaine do battle, even if it is just sparring. It is actually sort of good that Vincent had to back down from Lei. I think he needs to learn that as strong as he is becoming, their will always be someone just as strong or stronger that could be out there. The first section with Cyrus and Kaplan was truly magical. Kaplan's view on what happened and what the scars should represent was so amazing. Loved everything about how they both interacted and felt toward each other. Can't wait for the next update...
  6. centexhairysub

    Chapter 44

    On February 25th, 1801; there would have been less than 30 days until the assassination of Tsar Paul I, and the ascension to the throne of Tsar Alexander I. The discussion by Granger on what would happen mirrors greatly the 1st Battle of Copenhagen. The British crushed the Danish navy, although the British did suffer more damage than Granger suspected, after all, the HMS Elephant, Vice Admiral Nelson's own ship was so damaged that it ran aground after the battle. As Granger predicted, the Swedish navy did not come to the assistance of the Danish forces and Nelson sailed to Reval but the Russian fleet had already sailed out. He found out their that the dismantling of the League of Armed Neutrality was already in progress and sailed back to Copenhagen. An interesting tidbit, the Danes found out about the assassination of Tsar Paul I before they signed the armistice; this freed the Danes from worrying about reprisals from Russia and made it much easier for them to sign the agreement. The British did not find out about this until afterwards. George Granger is in my opinion one of the greatest literary creations of all time. Everything about him, his behavior, and even his idiosyncrasies is so finely attunded and written that it makes him almost irresistible. Just when I think this story can't get any better, it does... Bravo, Mark, Bravo...
  7. centexhairysub

    First Fall

    Wonderful chapter, just flowed beautifully. I guess it would be hard to replace someone, have to learn the quirks of the other dragons and riders that are use to flying with someone else.
  8. Truly appreciate the update but I believe we all understand with what is going on. Just hope that he continues to improve and we all await with delight any new chapter that we receive from you and your team....
  9. centexhairysub

    Embers 2

    Great chapter, but much like Brandon, I have never understood the use of rape as a joke in any fashion. Flowed nicely and well written, can't wait for the next update.
  10. centexhairysub

    Chapter 26

    OMFG, I cannot believe this is how you ended this chapter, I may have to hunt you down for this. I am so excited to see Kobe still alive, he was the one person from the first few chapters that I was hoping managed to survive that we did not know about. I truly hope that Alex and Wesley are able to survive, but if not, then I know that Mac will make sure that his plans are followed. So well done this chapter, just so well done.
  11. Oh, just crying for what Cyrus had to go through, to do something so horrible on what should have been a day of celebration and joy; I truly don't understand the hate that is within some on this planet.... So glad that both Cyrus and his animal felt they could share this with Kaplan. Both of them have so many hurts from their past, maybe together they can learn to fully move past them all. Vincent needs to make sure that he takes some time for him and his wolf, he should have let the wolf out by this time already. I know that he is very involved and truly loves Mace but he is a newly turned lycan and needs to be able to fully integrate that part of him with the rest of himself. Bravo...
  12. centexhairysub

    Chapter 27

    An interesting introduction to the archeology students, quite memorable for all involved. Well written as usual, but the flow seemed off a little bit with this chapter.
  13. This was a real meat and potatoes kind of chapter, we got to see some of the nitty gritty in fighting thread. We also got a glimpse of what life in a wing and weyr will be like at least initially. Flowed beautifully.
  14. centexhairysub

    Chapter 38

    OMG, even I knew immediately that whomever or whatever was in the woods was a distraction, can't believe that Jimmy fell for it. Maddie handled this better than I thought, honestly. Can't wait to see what happens next.
  15. Love how Ty handled the situation with Vincent and was able to help calm him down. Glad that he gave him a summarized version, maybe he can get through that before his visit. I think that Vincent handled the situation well, at least he did not go all Alpha and beat the guy to a pulp. So glad that Dirk is going to be able to find a connection to his magic, that is just great. These glimpses of what life is like for the others is really interesting. Hmmm, just wonder who this new big bad "were" is going to be, who's problem will he prove to be.
  16. Glad to feel that you found someone that you are comfortable having them help you, always a good thing. I find it weird that Stefano seems to be so obsessed with someone like Vincent. I find it very telling that he can't seem to stay away from him. I like the subplot with Cyrus and those in New York as well. Would not mind some background on Yakob, maybe a deep dive into his past with Stefano... Well written and just flowed wonderfully.
  17. I just love how a change of perspective or a different person's ideas can truly jolt someone into thinking about their ideas and how they do things. We all need that to make sure that we look at all of the points in any argument or decision. Can't wait for Vincent and Yakob to get more into the training and just what it truly means to be a shadow mage.
  18. What a truly delicious start to the new book in this series. I can't wait for it to progress. Love the peak in at Dave and his new girlfriend, Stacy. Great that she already knows Vincent. The training that Vincent and his wolf will receive from Yakob will greatly benefit them both, not sure about going with the anger, but let's hope that they all know what they are doing. Realize it would have been helpful for the wolf to have been farther along in his development, but can't help that. The good by and Lei and Elaine's was just so nice, true friends are hard to find and keep. Can't wait to see where this goes.
  19. centexhairysub

    Embers 1

    So excited to see a new story, who is the Alpha of the pack Brandon is in? Is this pack one that we have seen in your previous stories? Great set up for this one, a firefighter and going to Australia for those horrible fires they had. Good start on developing Brandon's story, what a horrible way to be introduced to your wolf; but also how horrible that no one claimed him from the start to help him knowing what was eventually going to happen.
  20. centexhairysub

    Chapter 9

    Truly a wonderful chapter, I just loved how well Will played the game, he reminded me more of Tonto then anyone else. She would have charged ahead just like he did to right a wrong. Will handed each person at the meeting from Strider to the Godfather just as they needed to be dealt with, that reminded me of JP and to a lesser extent Stef. He truly understands how to deal with everyone of the level they are at, and not in a dick or obnoxious way, just how they need to be handled. Can't wait for the family meeting in Australia, have to wonder who all is coming??? Keep up the great work, Mark.
  21. centexhairysub

    Lost Chances

    Glad they both got picked and in the same wing; but this chapter was just full of sadness for me. So well written and the emotions just flowed like my tears did for much of this chapter...
  22. centexhairysub

    Chapter 37

    Is there a dragon and a near by volcano to use for disposal of Fergus? I honestly can't believe anyone as stupid as him has managed to run a pack of any size for any link of time. I don't care how strong of an Alpha he is, stupidity is lethal and he has it in spades... Jada is honestly taking this better than I expected her to; I thought someone would have been slapped by now. OMG, I can't wait for them to try and explain this to Maddie, talk about a cluster f&%k... Excellent chapter...
  23. Oh My Freaking God, I loved this so much. We finally got the back story on what happened to Taran's brother, never realized he was there to witness it, how sad. Finally had the talk with Dad, never an easy item, and being who they are made it so much harder. But in the end Ronnie was there for Taran, and his dad seemed to actually listen and maybe tried to understand.
  24. An interesting addition for those of us that enjoy not just the Pern stories but fantasy stories in general. Well written and the story in general flowed very well. Character development was first rate and the writing evoked an emotional response from me on more than on occasion. Story had a little bit of everything that makes a fantasy story work; and was faithful to the Dragonriders of Pern series by the beloved author Anne McCaffery.
      • 5
      • Like
      • Love
  25. Always happy with an epilogue, I do like to have a tidy ending. LOL... I am glad that D'gar made and exception and let both of them stand; and really glad that both of the holder boys were able to impress a dragon. It was interesting seeing it from this point of view. Gave a different feeling, and I enjoyed it trememdously. I do hope you continue this sage, I will be watching out for anything new from you. Excellent work.
×
×
  • Create New...