centexhairysub
Members-
Posts
11,872 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Forums
Stories
- Stories
- Story Series
- Story Worlds
- Story Collections
- Story Chapters
- Chapter Comments
- Story Reviews
- Story Comments
- Stories Edited
- Stories Beta'd
Blogs
Store
Help Center
Writing
Gallery
Events
Everything posted by centexhairysub
-
I think for the first time Klaus is starting to question whether his feelings for Jake are following the same path as those in the past. He is wondering if the time he is required to spend on this project will be enough to satisfy his needs toward Jake. Jake is starting to give into his feeling and admit to himself what he truly wants. He seems to about ready to start facing up to what his life would be out in the open, but he just isn't quite there yet. Love the scene where Jake throws the device out the window, as if he scored a victory over it and was vanquishing it in the end. Keep up the great work.
-
WOW, this was such a great chapter and we really learned so much. Hans would be a good friend for Jake no matter what. Hans obviously was truly in love with Klaus at one point and still cares for him deeply; and would probably fall back in love with him easily, if he ever really got fully over him to start with, which I doubt. Jake doesn't handle alcohol well and is definitely a virgin. If he wasn't sure that he and Klaus did or did not have anal sex, then he has never had it before... Jake wants Klaus more than he can admit even to himself. Klaus is a class act. He wants Jake but will not take advantage of him when he is inebriated. He wanted Hans at one point and cares enough not to want him to get hurt by the current situation. Klaus will win the battle but the war is still open to a decision.
-
Loved the visual of Jake getting a spanking while bent over a conference table in an office like this one. It was just hot and funny all at the same time, not an easy thing to pull off. Klaus was right to discipline him, you can't just wander around touching and making changes without consequences but he also recognized Jakes innate sense of how the new area should be laid out. That is something that few have and fewer really understand. Increasing the green space and make the store more accessible will increase the cost; but makes the livability factory much higher and can actually make the project more successful long term.
-
Loved this chapter, the writing and pacing were just perfect. I do think that Klaus understands Jake on a level that Jake does not even understand himself yet; have to wonder if Klaus dealt with family disapproval at one time in his youth perhaps. I think Klaus has a plan for Jake that is more than just getting him into bed. The chastity device may be to teach him some self control, although there are clearly other issues involved as well. I can't wait for the next chapter, is Jake perhaps going to find out exactly how well Klaus can function via a demonstration perhaps, will it be viewing only or some participation as well...
-
Really enjoyed this chapter, everything about it from start to finish. I don't think Klaus is nearly as bad as some of the others; I think he is use to getting his way one way or another, and I think he knows what he wants and why but some of his others feelings maybe obscured even from himself. Hans is an enigma, he clearly desires Klaus even if it is just the physical; but there was a touch of worry and caring about how Jake is going to deal with this that comes through, at least if did to me. I can actually see Hans as being someone that could end up helping Jake or at least being in his corner to a degree. Jake is a little to petulant for me, the charming side of it is wearing very thin. I know that most of it is coming from a place of insecurity and some fear but confront it don't try and use your mouth to get out of every exchange. And the bruises to prove it, hmmm..., this story may be even more to my liking... LOL
-
Another good chapter, I did find the pacing a little more choppy in this chapter however. I have to wonder why Jake is so self-deprecating, it is getting on the verge of being self-defeating in some ways. I have to admit that I work with youths and never like when they always find a reason to criticize themselves, sometimes it is a reflection of how they perceive others to view them and sometimes it is a ploy, either way, it is never a good thing.
-
This is proving to be an very entertaining story. I have to admit that I had already sort of figured out where part of this was going; but the writing was truly first rate. None of the three characters that we have been truly introduced to has proven stock, although Diaz could go that way if not more fully developed. Jake is truly interesting and Klaus is already multi dimensional at this point. Can't wait to see how they develop and interact.
-
A truly interesting start to this story; I have to admit that the idea of a Bruce Lee type rescuer in an Armani suit was just too good to pass up. Found the writing and pacing really enjoyable. Gave just enough information to start with to keep you wanting more; without giving up to much of the storyline. Can't wait to see where you take this.
-
An interesting start to this new story. I have to admit it was just enough for me to want to know more about what is going to happen. I would like a little more background on the individuals on the shuttle and what they are actually hoping to accomplish. Good writing but I did find the pacing a little choppy; not enough to cause any issues with enjoying the chapter however, just seemed to bounce a little. I do find that five deaths in such a small number in a small amount of time to be an unlikely occurrence; makes you wonder if the mission wasn't so secret and if someone may not be who they appear to be onboard. Can't wait to see where you go with this.
-
Chapter 24 - Jerry Comes Back, Part 2
centexhairysub commented on CarlHoliday's story chapter in Chapter 24 - Jerry Comes Back, Part 2
I may find this story dark; and honestly have had to take a couple of breaks from reading it because of that, but your writing ability can't be questioned. I don't have to like how a story goes or turns out to like the writing and process behind the story itself. -
Chapter 24 - Jerry Comes Back, Part 2
centexhairysub commented on CarlHoliday's story chapter in Chapter 24 - Jerry Comes Back, Part 2
Well, I truly did enjoy this chapter; but wasn't sure if I wanted to laugh or cry through most of it. I agree that Jerry seems to be coming back to his former self somewhat; but have to wonder if that is where it is going to end up... Keep up the good work. -
Chapter 23 - Mishief, and Playing Cupid
centexhairysub commented on Zenith's story chapter in Chapter 23 - Mishief, and Playing Cupid
Don't know how to get rid of the box, trying to do this on my phone and it just kept popping up... I really enjoyed this chapter. The terror of seeing ones child in danger can be unimaginable and this chapter really conveyed that. Just truly loved how all of that was handled from start to finish. I know people like Gabe that feel they have to get everyone around them into a relationship because they are happy and want everyone else to be; can be okay or very annoying. Keep up the great work. -
Another really good chapter, although a little short, HMMMM??? Pacing was good and it is good for their to be a little less danger in their lives for the moment. Understand how hard it is to forgive someone that has betrayed you, but you can't let their actions make your life miserable...
-
Chapter 23 - Runaway
centexhairysub commented on CarlHoliday's story chapter in Chapter 23 - Runaway
Well written and the pacing and word choice was excellent in this chapter. Can't wait to see what happens next; although a chapter or two with no disaster might be nice. Great job. -
Well, this may prove very interesting; I am almost sure that Tsar Paul was assassinated in March of 1801 and replaced by his son Alexander I. There is some argument still on how involved Alexander I was in his father's removal but there is no doubt that his taking the throne of Russia help lead Napoleon's ultimate defeat. Alexander I was the choice of Catherine the Great to succeed her, but she died before she could get rid of her son; now there was a practical woman. I don't know that anything I have ever read hinted at the involvement of the British in the assassination but I guess anything is possible. I love of Granger interacts with those that he has both served with and those he will serve with. His interaction with Roberts was just spot on. I don't think we ever saw the side of Gatling that Robert's is describing but then we only really had a limited view of him when he was much younger. I do think that Granger was right to keep Calvert and Gatling together. I have to wonder how Granger will get along with Grenfell, he does appreciate innovation but I don't think he will accept any insubordination. He handled everything with Spencer just right as well. I loved how Spencer reacted when Granger got the awards, and also how easily he understood Granger's reaction to them. I think that Daventry and Granger will work well together as they have in the past; the key there will be that I don't think the Granger will give an inch on doing something that subrogates his honor at all, while I think Daventry will for the right reason, King and Country and all of that. Can't wait to see where you take us with this; just truly superb work on this one Mark.
- 15 comments
-
- 17
-
-
-
Sorry, I still don't like how this played out; although JJ does not seem really as upset as I thought he would be. I think in some way Patrick actually got how easy it would be to really hurt JJ more than Will or Darius did. I do think JJ never even considered that Carullo could have been just asking him out, but I have to admit that there was nothing in how it was presented that made me think or believe that either. I do hope this gives JJ pause to reflect on how he truly feels about Carullo. I don't know if I like the idea of the changes to the roof top or not, it might be hard for JJ to live there with a constant reminder that he can't escape from, but in general it would be an interesting tribute. I am still pissed as hell at Will, Darius, JP, and Stef; I think they acted much more childish than JJ had been acting, sorry, I really do. Loved how the scene at Goodwell went; it was funny that Matt actually had maybe the only idea that would help Elizabeth overcome her issue while keeping her available to help in the upcoming fight. I do find it funny that Mary Ellen keeps going after her mother but it was her bringing her into Mary Ellen's fight with JJ that may have started most of this, or at least made it easier for whomever is really behind it. Well done, Mark, the writing as always was first rate.
-
Ah, the unabridged joy of parenting and adopting a six year old with issues that you and he will all have to come together to figure out and work to overcome. Really good chapter, can't wait to see where you go with this new part of the story. I was really happy to see that you included bringing in the art work from Dane's heritage. It is so important for us all to understand where we come from; so we can know where we are going.
-
Black Widow (Story Discussion)
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
Okay, first of all I am going to state that while I work extensively with adolescents and have numerous nieces and nephews, I have no children of my own. I once again respectfully disagree with this. If JJ had disciplined Maddy, I think you would be more inline with my thinking but he did not. He stopped her from running around a busy kitchen, which honestly she could have been hurt in; was that JJ's motivation no, but still I don't see how this was wrong. I would never think twice about stopping any child in my extended family from running around any of hour family kitchens, nor would any parent of said child have an issue with it, I asked this morning. If he had spanked Maddy, or even made her stand in the corner, then I would agree those actions would not be for JJ to take. But no kitchen, not even one are efficiently as I am sure any kitchen in a house owned by JP and or Isidore is really a safe play area for a small child. I cannot tell you how many times I have put my hands on a small child in my family, usually on the shoulder, and marched them out of a kitchen. I just don't see where this is an issue at all. Now, if it was a child that I was not related to; I would probably get a relative to take the child out of the kitchen unless there was a issue where time or safety did not allow that. I think this statement sums up so many of my feelings on this; if the actions of Will, Darius, JP, and Stef were in any manner constructive I would not be having as big of a reaction to all of this. But I honestly feel that they have all regressed back to kindergarten and are fighting over who gets the bucket in the sandbox. The problem is that JJ because of his history is more susceptible to the negative impact this may have on him than others in the family. Okay, I got some feedback that I could just not label something abusive or cruel and not explain my reasoning so as quickly as I can here it goes. Some I an not going to rehash as I already feel I have done before; but one of the biggest reasons that I find this abusive and cruel is the loss of JJ's identity and safe place once again. JJ has a history of sexual abuse and self harming. In addition, he lost his mother's involvement in his life when her mental issues overwhelmed her; he then lost both her and Robbie when the towers fell; then he lost his career that he had given up any semblance of a normal life for by suffering a debilitating physical injury; and then he lost his first love, and yes, others in this family seem to fall in and out of love and lust on a daily basis but JJ seems to require a level of emotional and psychological attachment to those he cares for before he can get really involved and this makes the loss harder on him than some of the loses suffered by others in his family. JJ truly seems to be the forgotten child in his family. Other than Claire, Matt, Will, and Stef no one seems to ever take any interest or makes any effort to get involved in his life in any meaningful way because they actually want to. When he was sexually abused by his coach, his family stepped in but honestly, when Michael was taking all the photos of him naked, most of the family just tried to sweep it under the rug. I know some will disagree with this but I want written proof of any sustained interest that any others have ever really taken or tried to involve themselves in his life. And I will give you that each of them; Claire, Will, Matt, and Stef had made an effort at times; but few of the instances have come across as being out of love and familial caring. JJ has set himself up in New York. He got back into school, and is trying to carve out a life for himself outside of skating and his family. With Claire and Stef's help he was trying to make a place for himself in the fashion world. I find nothing in his actions that indicate he was trying to make himself feared by anyone; yes, maybe admired but then is that not a basic need that most of us have. He had chosen Bellona as his surrogate loco parentis without the legal obligations and as his mentor. He was forming an important bond with her in order to establish his place in the very closed and insular world of high fashion. But the actions of Will, Darius, JP, and Stef have truly ripped all of this away from him, once again he has suffered a major loss of security and happiness. The fact that they pulled Bellona into the scheme means that no matter what happens, JJ will never be able to fully trust her again. JJ is smart enough to realize that part of the party scene could not have occurred without her assistance. He has once again lost one of the few adult figures in his life that meant something to him. Even if the issue with his family resolves itself; the rupture that JJ will have with Bellona will never fully go away, he will always be looking out for when she betrays him again. Plus, as with any insular community like the high fashion world, there are few if any secrets. People will find out what his family pulled and this will always taint JJ's place in their world. So once again, JJ will have to recover from losing another important relationship with an adult that really mattered in his life, plus will have to realize that no matter what, his place in the new life that he was trying to make for himself with be forever tainted. I don't know how you could call this anything but cruel and abusive. -
Really did enjoy this chapter, sex and religion always causing some interesting conversations and debates. I actually do like talking about and exploring religion of many varieties. I just don't like it when someone can't have a conversation and share ideas without feeling that they are being attacked or their own belief system is under attack. The path to God has many twist and turns and no one way to reach the end.
-
Black Widow (Story Discussion)
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
I honestly would prefer that you do actually kill JJ off if this story arc is going to continue in the same manner. I would rather him get back to the condo, swallow a bottle of pills, get into a warm bath with sharp instrument and actually end it all; in real life I truly believe this situation could lead to a resolution like this. I totally disagree with methodwriter85; I think this is extraordinarily cruel and abusive behavior, as a therapist; I would honestly advise a patient to get as far away from any family member that did something like this. If you don't want him to kill himself; then maybe have whomever the Black Widow is try and kidnap him and he get killed in the attempt. Either would be preferable to what is happening now for me. -
Black Widow (Story Discussion)
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
Sacrilege!!! -
Black Widow (Story Discussion)
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
The problem is that Will is never as honest as he wants others to be; if he was, he would have told Dally about him and Buzz before he did anything. You know at some point, someone is going to say something and how will Dally feel about hearing it from someone other than Will. -
Black Widow (Story Discussion)
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
I am sorry, but I can find nothing in the last two stories that would even imply remotely that JJ is still in therapy or even really had any after leaving the hospital for cutting himself. And I can tell you that you don't have to be in therapy to get any type of medication in the world of doctor shopping today, and we all know how good JJ is at shopping. -
Black Widow (Story Discussion)
centexhairysub replied to Mark Arbour's topic in Mark Arbour Fan Club's Mark's Topics
OMG, I feel like I am in a scene from the Godfather! I have spent the last few days re-reading the last two books and I just don't feel that JJ has acted like a total douche. I just don't see where anything you all are referencing is really born out. Yes, JJ is rude to Carullo; but once again, I don't think it is because he is being snobby. JJ likes Carullo, can't figure out how to relate to him plus has to see a parade of guys sleep with him including Will, Zach, Brad, and that skanky guy that Brad slept with previously. Yes, he has been rude to Will on the phone; but he was upset about Buzz, then found out that Will had told everyone that he gave Buzz and blowjob, and worse yet, was not good at it. I am sorry, but I think that Will's behavior the last two stories has been as bad or worse than JJ, period. I think part of the problem is that some people are partial to Will and just cannot admit that he does anything wrong. The fact that he looks older, and sleeps with anything that stops long enough for him to insert part A into part B, regardless of who is inserting their Part A into Part B; makes some feel he has to be given more leeway. I completely disagree with the idea that JJ should not have stopped Maddy from tearing around the kitchen screaming; did JJ do it for the right reason, maybe not; but that does not change the fact that she was acting badly and if you don't start getting a child under control at that age, you never will when they are a teenager; been there and done that. Sorry, but Will got played by Maddy badly with that situation. In the end, I and everyone else have to defer to Mark as this is his creation, and if he really sees JJ like this then whether that has been communicated in a manner that we agree is irrelevant. Am I liking how this is going, HELL NO... After reading the last few stories again, I just don't feel that JJ's behavior has warranted this type of reaction at all. Honestly, in the real world, I truly believe it would be cruel and abusive but this is NOT the real world, it is a magical place brought to us and designed by Mark; and we have to hope that there is a plan somewhere that will explain this sequence. -
Chapter 20 - Dane and other family
centexhairysub commented on Zenith's story chapter in Chapter 20 - Dane and other family
Between Alfy and Patsy, the guys should have it much easier with Dane than they would have otherwise. It is amazing what a friend and dog can accomplish. Great chapter, can't wait to see where you go from here...
