Jump to content

Howzat

Members
  • Posts

    1,011
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Howzat

  1. Howzat

    Chapter 15

    @chris191070- see I told you!
  2. Howzat

    Chapter 15

    I think @kboismay have a slightly different view!
  3. Howzat

    Chapter 15

    You say that but I messaged my niece last Christmas Day at 8.20am to ask what time her kids had got up to open their presents, to get the response "They're still asleep!" The kids are 11, 6 & 5 so all of the age when they should be doing what me, my brother & sister used to do - wake up at 3am to open the presents and then go back to sleep! I was stunned to put it mildly.
  4. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    Mmmm - EDC! For those who don't know those initials, the third word (in this instance) is only 3 letters and rhymes with a strong alcoholic drink!! 😇
  5. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    Yes Alpha - bare's neck and averts eyes.
  6. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    They want everyone they meet to know "We Are Mates - Deal With It!"
  7. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    Please Miss (@kbois) - that wasn't me Miss! It was @Danilo Syrtis! 😇
  8. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    @kboisI did say I'd "try" to behave! Now suitably admonished and with that (very) small teaser for the next chapter given to us by the lovely @kboisI shall now go and stand in a corner (though as I live in a circular room that could be a bit of a problem!). PS I don't really live in a circular room!
  9. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    Ha! - Yes that would work! 😁
  10. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    Okay - will that be changing the snake back to a cat or introducing @Danilo Syrtisidea of "the snake ate the cat"? 😁 I'll try and behave - but I can't promise anything!!
  11. Howzat

    Chapter 14

    Have we really got to wait for the next chapter until Wednesday @kbois? I so want to see The Sentinels in action! This was a great chapter, with Seb springing a surprise on the council members (with Kellan is Reilly's lambda) winning his first two battles (the greeter who forgot "Alpha" and sorting the rooms out) - no doubt the member(s) of the Council who arranged that last little "faux pas" are now beginning to realise who they're up against (but not that they're The Sentinels - yet!). Is it Wednesday yet?????????????????? Three more sleeps to go!
  12. Howzat

    Chapter 3 - Cole

    @Bndmetlmost definitely not boring! Can't wait to read more.
  13. Howzat

    Chapter 12

    Just be thankful we don't have to wait a whole week (or longer) between chapters! A couple of days is nothing!
  14. Howzat

    Chapter 12

    Answering in order - hopefully, most likely and almost definitely! Well you've done it again @kbois, you keep knocking this story out of the park!. Some questions answered and a lot more raised! All I can say is roll on Thursday afternoon (UK time) for the next chapter in this superb story!
  15. Howzat

    CDMX • XIII

    I suggest you only watch the original cast version of YM & YPM (Paul Eddington, Nigel Hawthorne & Derek Fowlds) as the reboot done by the BBC was, to be blunt, not funny at all (they tried far too hard to get laughs)! I've watched (and re-watched) all of the original YM & YPM many times and they are still as funny now (and actually have a lot of resonance to the current political situation in the UK). Our then (1980's) Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, was a big fan of the series and even appeared in a short skit of YM (done for radio I think - though I'm sure there is a video of it, so that maybe on YouTube somewhere). Let me know what you think of the series.
  16. Howzat

    CDMX • XIII

    Or there's a version used at my niece's kids primary school - not clip-on but (just the tie from the knot downwards) on a piece of elastic, so CJ could just let it go and it would spring back in to place.
  17. I've only been with my current employer just under 3 years - I now get 28 days paid leave PLUS all of the statutory public holidays (varies between 8-10 days depending on which UK nation you live in), plus this year we all get an extra day for the Queen's Platinum Jubilee (celebrating 70 years since she ascended to the throne in 1952 on the death of her father George VI). See what you're all missing out on because you decided to be all independent!! 😁 That and free (mostly) health care at the point of use.
  18. As long as our current government don't continue with their privatisation by the back door!
  19. Howzat

    Chapter 11

    "Be patient" she says! 🥰 If we could be patient we'd leave reading the story until you've completed posting - but we can't because we're so hooked on what (and how) you have written. Love you @kboisxxxx
  20. Howzat

    Chapter 11

    Excellent chapter @kbois. At last The Sentinels are together (again?), though how they are supposed to work together to solve the mystery of the missing pups we don't yet know. No doubt Ben's special seeing powers will be in use somehow. I'm really looking forward to Monday!
  21. Howzat

    Chapter 10

    Well you did ask! Sultanas, raisins and currants are all types of dried grapes. Sultanas & raisins are soft sweet and juicy - sultanas (golden raisins in the USA) being lighter in colour and raisins being darker. Currants are tiny dried grapes (dark in colour) - known as Zante currants in the USA - having an intense, sweet & tangy taste. (These are different to blackcurrants and redcurrants which come from a berry producing shrub). Raisins are typically the largest of the three. Spotted dick (also known as "spotted dog" or "railway cake") is a traditional British steamed pudding, historically made with suet and dried fruit (usually currants or raisins) and often served with custard. Non-traditional variants include recipes that replace suet with other fats (such as butter), or that include eggs to make something similar to a sponge pudding or cake. Hope that helps!
  22. Howzat

    Chapter 10

    Interesting! So lots of plot twists & turns yet to come then?
  23. Howzat

    Chapter 10

    You Americans don't half mix up some weird concoctions!
  24. Howzat

    Chapter 10

    So many questions still to be answered which I know our esteemed author @kboisis no doubt just sat there laughing at all of our guesses, not letting on whether any of them are even close to the mark. The fact that Reilly's brother (and no doubt his father & brothers) is involved fills me with foreboding as to what they (or their masters!) are doing with the missing pups! Hopefully Kellan will be able to make contact with his father (and family) to warn them that BIG trouble is coming their way and to be ready to "Get Out Of Dodge" at a moments notice. Seb & Reilly, Kellan & Hunter and Ben & Zev - can't wait to see them meet and then start kicking some rogue shifter butt from Idaho to the moon and back! Roll on Friday!!
  25. Howzat

    CDMX • XII

    Owen nodded as he finished drying his face. “I know you, CJ. I don’t care how pissed you are at the Russians, you will not turn into Jack Ryan. You hear me?” “Yeah, yeah, yeah.” CJ was a fan of the Tom Clancy books, the movies, and the TV show based on them. “You forget Jack’s fictional. We aren’t. It’s not like we’re somebody’s characters in a novel.” Well, we all know that they aren't characters in somebody's novel! 'Cos we all know this is real life (that's right, @Carlos Hazdayisn't it?). CJ would make an uber hot Jack Ryan (or even his son - depending on which era you placed him in). Loving the extra chapters over New Year @Carlos Hazday- thank you very much and may I wish you (and all the readers) a very Happy New Year.
×
×
  • Create New...