Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Scarlet F - 6. Chapter 6- Covering up my imperfections

Dad only came home that one night that mouth. He came home drunk mumbling under his breath. I manage to stay hidden while he finished and dropped about two or three more beers.

"Jimmy honey." My mom said sweetly. She shut the door and sat down on my bed next to me with the make-up kit. "Your dad passed out on the kitchen floor. Are you okay?" She smirked.

I sat up and saw her beaten up face, "Mom?"

"Yea honey?"

"Do you ever get tired of this? Why do we always have to do this?"

I stared at me for a second, "Do you know why women rely so much on their makeup?"

"Yea, yea to cover up," I smirked.

"It’s a little more than that...babe if you cover up your imperfections long and hard enough...it can make yourself believe that they're gone."

                                                                                                                                                                                              ***

I had a dream that I was lying on Matt's bed. He was on top of me kissing. My body was reacting to his body and his body was reacting to mine. It felt so surreal.

"Faggot." I then heard a deep voice say. I looked over and saw Joey standing next to the bed.

I clearly hear it, but Matt and I didn't stop kissing.

"Faggot." Beanie appeared next to him.

But we kept going.

"Faggot." Benny appeared to next him.

But we kept going.

Then I heard a deep drunken voice "Faggot."

That's when I stopped kissing Matt. I looked over and saw my parents standing before me. I quickly pushed him off me. Matt looked at me like he didn't seem to notice the other people in his bedroom.

"Jamie, what's wrong?"

Everybody gathered around me. My dad grabbed me. I felt his hands growing tighter around my neck. I felt my breathing decreasing and all I could see was white.

"Faggot." They all said.

"No, I'm not," I screamed opening my eyes.

My body shook breathing heavy. As I tried to maintain a steady breath I felt tears going down my face.

That was the moment I knew I had to do something. I felt had to change myself. I felt had to fix myself.

I remembered what my dad said, "kiss enough girls and you'll get it".

I took a deep a breath and got out my black notebook, "One, I dream of kissing a guy. Two, that guy is my best friend. Three, my father (and everybody) is telling about dating girls. Four, I get along fine with girls but I feel strange kissing them. Five, I don't want to end up like my parents. Six, I'm too confused to figure out numbers one through five."

Then I remember what my mom said the other night, "If you cover up your imperfections long and hard enough...it can make yourself believe that they are gone."

I turned to a clean page.

I must cover up.

I must cover up my imperfections.

I must cover up with so many layers.

Maybe if I wear enough layers, I'll forget my bloody skin.

Maybe if I wear enough layers, what is good will become bad and what is bad will become good.

Maybe if I wear enough layers, they will become my new skin.

Copyright © 2019 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Sad 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..