Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Scarlet F - 3. Chapter 3- That's a kiss?


I got my first stand of facial hair, my dad was so proud.

The two of us were standing at the bathroom minor gazing the small brown hair above my lips.

"You're starting to become a man." He smiled. "Next you're picking up girls left and right." He chuckled "Just like your old man."

"Picking up girls?" I asked.

I always knew dad that a way with women, I mean I had probably hundred half siblings running around. I knew of the two that were living in the building, Stacy, the smoker teen mom and Benny drunken criminal. I also heard I had a brother named Brian, but he lived with his mom and his rich stepdad in some mansion. I knew what picking up girls meant to him, but wasn't sure what that meant me.

"Yea, you'll definitely be a ladies' man, got the Esposito looks." He said putting his hand lightly on my shoulder and smiled at himself in the minor. Despite the going gray hair and beer gut, he didn't look half bad sober.

"Yea, you're about to enter a new world. Growing into a new body. And you gotta get a lot..."nice" feelings" he laughed.

"What you mean "nice" feelings?" I asked with a little laugh.

"Like when you kiss a girl your wiener is gotta exploded."

I grabbed my crotch tightly and stared at him "What?"

Dad laughed "No, no boy your wiener won't really explode, it will just...well feel like it."

"What?" I asked even more confused.

He paused as if he thinking about what to say "Son... when you and girls start kissing, touching, and whatever." He tried to explain. "You're going to feel like you in a dry desert and like you weak enough to faint."

He smiled like it was some great thing.

"Desert? Faint? How is that good?" I debated.

He dropped his head. "It's hard to really explain son...just kiss enough girls and one day you'll get it."

"So I'm supposed to like, really like like girls?" I asked.

Dad stared at me confused.

"Well yea..." he answered. "What else is there?"

***
Hi Brian, it's your brother James,
How are you? I'm good...well kind of...I guess. I'm starting to grow body hair? ...so that's cool. Do you have body hair? No, no that's a creepy question! I just...I'm curious about how you are. There so many things I want to know about you, so many questions I want to ask you. I would like to hear from you?

I slammed down the pen.

"Why am I doing this to myself?"

Benny was in jail...again and Stacy was busy with her kids. These were the times that even though I had all this "extended" family, I was still an only child. They were my siblings yet, they weren't. We grew up in three different homes, we lived three separate lives. The truth is that Brian was always my favorite, because I didn't know him. I knew what Benny was, a trash talking thief that only came to me when he needed something. I knew what Stacy was, a bitter bitch that didn't talk to me at all. Brian was the brother I got to dream about.
But not in a creepy way. I just wanted to imagine him as the big brother I've always wanted. Brian was the big brother that had no criminal record, no unplanned children, and no alcoholism. At least that was the dream Brian, I had no way of knowing different. He never wrote me, never came to visit, and never called.

***
The next day in class we watched this cheesy video about the "changes in our bodies."

I sat behind Matt while he cracked a bunch jokes. I had to laugh it was oldest, cheapest, most poorly made thing I had ever seen. I mean I've noticed changes (down there), I was growing hair, and I felt my voice getting deeper.

Mac didn't seem to care about anything of it.

"It’s all silly." He kept demanding as we sat for lurch

I couldn't really focus on what he was saying.

My brain was too busy thinking "He's cute."

I pulled a strand of hair out my face.

"Hi James." A brown haired girl named Jenny appeared in front of me giggling.

"Hi Jenny" I said casually pushing another hair out of face.

She giggled again.

"I was thinking that maybe we could go to the movies Friday?" She asked with big smile.

"Okay Sure." I responded.

"Great it's a date, here my number." she handed me a piece of paper and walked away.

"What was that?" I turned to Matt waiting for him to make some silly joke, but he looked more confused than I was.

"I think you just got a date." He said, “Wow.”

"Yea, wow." I laughed hopping to get to him to laugh too, but he didn't.

"You okay Mac?"

"Yea, I just can't believe you got a date."

He looked either hurt or angry or maybe both.

"Mac, what's the matter?" I asked putting a hand on his shoulder.

"Jamie...do you like girls? Like...interacting with them?" he whispered.

This is where it began. This is where I started lying to my best friend.

"Yea, what else is there?" I laughed.
***
We went into the movie theater. Jenny and I hardly touched and but we laughed a lot. It was nice, but it didn't feel like this "thing" everybody kept saying. I walked her home as we talked about little things like boring teachers and how they gave us too much homework.

As we stepped on her welcome mat she turned to me with a weird smile.

"I had a really nice time with you."

"Um... yea I did too."

"So?" she giggled.

"So what?"

"So are you going to kiss me?"

I was caught off guard. I didn't think about kissing her. But this was a date so it had to end with a kiss, right? I put on a fake smile.

"Well yea...babe."

I always thought using the word "babe" would make me sound cooler, and I guess it did.

I closed my eyes as we move on heads closer. The first thing I noticed was how cold and small her lips were. Then the taste of strawberry lip gloss. Maybe it was that bad taste made I stomach turn. I didn't know what to do so I just repeated what she was doing. She started moving her lips up and down, so I just followed along. She put her hand on my neck, so put my hands on her waist.

After the slowest second of the night, my eyes opened and I pulled away.

"Wow, you're a good kisser." she said taking a breath.

"I am? ...I mean yea...you too...babe."
***
As I walked home I thought about that kiss.

"That's a kiss?" I said to myself. "I mean I felt something, but I wasn't like was in a desert about to faint."

When I got home my parents were of course fighting.

Dad swung around the beer in his hand "I'm tellin you it's a million dollar idea."
"Jim..."

"Can't you listen? See I got this idea to invent something gives people a way to turn their lights on and off without getting up." He yelled slurring every other word. "...with clapping."
"Jim..."

"I even got a jingle. Clap on" He sang clapping his hands right in her face. "Clap off."

I started picking things that he had knocked over, including the glass pieces from the last beer.

"Jim it's called the Clapper."

"Hey that's a good idea for a name, the clapper.”

He turned to notice me "You support me son, right?"

I hated when one of them brought me into their fights. It was always a lose, lose situation.

"Well dad...maybe you shouldn't...I mean, it would take too much of your time any you job at car dealership."

My mom looked at me as if I was holding a bomb. "You shouldn't have mentioned that" she whispered.

"My job! To hell with my job."

"Another one? Dad you lose another job?"

"A man can't grow at some 9 to 5 job." His voice grew louder as another empty beer shattered all over the cheap carpet. "And a man mostly certainly needs his so called family to support him."
I tried to run for safely in my bedroom, but caught me.

"You trying to run boy." He yelled grabbing me by the arm to throw me against a wall. He stepped back, out of breath.

"Son" he slurred a second before passing out.

I stared at him sleeping for a second. Leave it to my dad to disappoint me even more. I turned away to go my bed. I laid in my covers re-thinking the night. I wish I could have gone to Matt's, but I was too tired. I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep into the dream world.

I found myself sitting in my seat in a classroom alone. I looked up at the chalkboard.

"Girls, Girls! Girls?" I read to myself. "What the hell does that mean?"

"Hey James."

I looked down to see Matt sitting front of me "How was your date?"

"It was Good Mac."

"You're lying to me," He was smiling at me; it made me feel like I was in pressure cooker. "Jamie I want us to stay like this forever."

"Me too, but.."

"There's another way Jamie."

"What?"

Matt grabbed my hand and put his lips on mine. I felt this warmth over my body and my muscles tensed up.

"Jimmy."

I opened my eyes, to see my dad standing by my bed.

"Jimmy"

I jumped up and stared at him nervously. I panicked wondering if he had heard anything from my dream.

"I'm sorry son."

Those were the words, the reason why I could never truly hate him, his remorse. He looked at my purple bruise on my arm.

"You're a good boy, you really are. I'm sorry I'm such a screw up... don't you ever start drinking. You hear me."

He turned away for a few seconds, blinking real fast then changed the subject. "How was your date boy?"

"Um...good"

"Did you get a kiss?"

"Um...yea"

"That's my boy" He cheered patting me on the shoulder and walked out as my mom walked in, with what else but the make-up kit.

She sat on the bed and ran her fingers through my hair.

"Morning baby."

I gave her my arm.

"So did you have fun on your little date?"

"Yea." I nodded.

"So, do you like her?"

"Want the truth?"

"Yes, of course." She giggled.

"Promise not to tell."

"Jimmy, I think we both know that I can keep a secret."

I took a breath "When we kissed I got this feeling..."

She started laughing "Oh honey, you're becoming a man. You're supposed to have that feeling."

"But it wasn't... it wasn't really a good feeling."

She paused and looked at me confused. "Well I guess she isn't the one for you. Oh well there is plenty of girls in this world." She chuckled.

That was all I could tell her. There was no way I could tell her about the dream, I couldn't even tell myself about it. It was crazy anyway; after all I didn't really want to kiss Matt.

And that is where it began. That is where I started lying to myself.

Copyright © 2019 Another Gay Writer; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 12
  • Sad 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Three chapters in and I've liked them all, that is the story, but you need to correct the writing, read through it. You've got autocorrect putting in wrong words and I have to re-write it in my head as I'm reading. The story is great, really good!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..