Jump to content

Luz de Castilla - Summer of '22 Book IX 23. C. J. Boomers, Gen Xers, & Millenials

   (4 reviews)
Sub-genres: Adventure, Drama, Nautical , Spy

When Owen Liston is invited to join a Nature Conservancy delegation traveling to Havana, his husband, CJ Abelló, tags along. He claims there was no chance he would pass up the opportunity to visit Cuba. He may be planning on spending his time sightseeing and day-drinking, but changes are coming to the land of his grandparents. and he will find himself in the middle of events. CJ and Owen will be popular with American and Cuban government officials by the time the dust settles..

Copyright © 2023 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (16 members)

  • Action Packed 14
  • Addictive/Pacing 15
  • Characters 15
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 10
  • Feel-Good 7
  • Humor 14
  • Smoldering 1
  • Tearjerker 0
  • Unique 13
  • World Building 11

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Welcome
    • 2,559 Words
    • 3,334 Views
    • 64 Comments
  • 2. Day Drinking
    • 5,376 Words
    • 3,323 Views
    • 82 Comments
  • 3. Sightseeing
    • 6,051 Words
    • 3,211 Views
    • 40 Comments
  • 4. Scuba Diving
    • 6,617 Words
    • 3,484 Views
    • 67 Comments
  • 5. Farewell
    • 6,275 Words
    • 3,068 Views
    • 69 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Daddydavek

· Edited by Daddydavek

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Set in the Summer of 2022, this book in the CJ-verse takes us on a trip to Cuba.  The descriptions of the places and the people are up to Carlos' usual high standard and in a tightly written narrative he takes us along, meeting some interesting and powerful people, as well as a snarky one in Jay who is an ugly American in the touristy sense as well as in reality.

If you haven't already dipped into CJ's exploits, I heartily recommend you do so.  You will not be disappointed!

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
WolfM

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

As always with is writing in the CJVerse, or anything else he writes for that matter, Carlos gives us an exciting adventure as CJ and Owen travel to Cuba. Our favorite, young, Cuban-American character continues his collection of interesting people as he takes in the country of his grandparents.

  • Love 7
Link to review
pvtguy

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Seeing and experiencing a visit to a Cuba that can only exist in the CJ-verse is a wonderful journey.  CJ and Oz let us vicariously see a wonderful visit where they get to meet wonderful people, eat great food, and discover a find that will help propel Cuba into a brighter future.  As part of the CJ series of the summer of 2022, this both fills in some blanks and sets up the promise of more to come. 

As usual, a wonderfully crafted story by an amazing writer, Carlos Hazday.

  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Another fantastic entry in the life of CJ and Owen. We're currently dealing with the events of Summer 2022.

In this chapter of there lives, we find CJ and Owen off to Cuba.

We are treated to a wonderful tour of Cuba, fantastic diving and some amazing food.

Of course with all CJ stories, things are not that simple. We are introduced to secret agents, politicians and secret information.

A fantastic addition to the life of CJ, Owen and family. It comes highly recommended as do the other 23 entries.

  • Like 1
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..