Jump to content

Over The Rainbow - Georgetown Book II 8. C. J. Boomers, Gen Xers, & Millenials

   (9 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Drama

CJ Abello moves on from his involvement in the 2016 presidential campaign. Follow along with him, Ozzie, Brett, Cesar, and the supporting cast as he completes his freshman year at Georgetown University and circumnavigates the globe over the subsequent summer.

p style="text-align:center;"> This is a work of fiction set in the real world.
Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.

Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is coincidental.

C A Hazday

Story Recommendations (13 members)

  • Action Packed 7
  • Addictive/Pacing 13
  • Characters 13
  • Chills 1
  • Cliffhanger 2
  • Compelling 5
  • Feel-Good 5
  • Humor 5
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 8
  • World Building 8

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Daddydavek

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

In the arc of a young man's life, his parents, his siblings, his friends and his lovers and the events in their lives help shape and form his character.  CJ has been through a lot, much of it wonderful, some not so much....  Every life has heartaches, reverses, or bumps in the road and a death is usually a significant one.  It forces us to confront our own mortality and realize that life is a gift which we too often take for granted. 

 

"Over the Rainbow" is a well told story of such an event in CJ's life with an exquisitely bitter-sweet ending which has a profound effect.  I encourage anyone who reads this review to take the time to read this story and experience the effect for themselves.

  • Like 5
  • Love 3
Link to review
FormerMember4

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

We see many changes in the life of CJ and gang in this continuing saga. CJ will make some life altering choices... deal with some loss. Through it all, he will travel his road with increased maturity, understanding, and honor.

Carlos continues this honest  portrayal of the many phases of life. Controlling your destiny and truth. While making tough choices, learning life lessons, and sometimes stumbling along the way.

  • Like 4
  • Love 1
Link to review
tabaqui

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

another great book in CJ's life with friends and family.

It has everything you want in a book and more

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
chris191070

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Another fantastic book in the continuing lives of CJ, Owen and there families. So true to life in events and descriptions of places visited. Other books need to be read first to understand the characters and the roles they. Be prepared for fun, laughter and sadness in this Book.

  • Like 5
  • Love 1
Link to review
WolfM

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Great friends, fantastic travel, and utter sadness. The continuation of CJ's life shows not everything does perfect for the rich and famous. I learned a lot about Israel and some places that would be incredible to visit. His return to Australia is bittersweet though. While they may be characters on a page, they've become people regardless, so be prepared for misty eyes.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
Toddten

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

As always a great story, this section of CJ's  life ended on a sad note, but it happens.   You keep the stories realistic and in life we lose people when we don't expect it to happen.

Life is not always roses there are thorns along the way to get to the rose.   

I feel Ozzie and CJ will be stronger due to the lose of Ozzie's sister.

I can not wait for the next chapters in CJ's life As Time Goes By, please publish as soon as possible I miss your writing when there are these breaks.

As I said before you are one of the most current and realistic writers of 21st Century Men who are Gay life.  You have a realistic approach to all ages, relationship styles, of the Gay Man in the USA in this crazy time period.  You do not sugar coat, but give a realist view of our lives, but how you write gives us hope.  Your story give us a feeling of we will overcome to be considered valuable contributors to our society.   We will not go back into the closet.

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 2
Link to review
Gary L

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Another powerful installment in the life of CJ and family and friends.  Parts of this are tough reading as the author shows us how his skills have developed since he started these tales years before. 
As an adult CJ starts to redraw relationships with the dads and Caesar, especially, is struggling to accept that  the independent grown man he formed with Brett, is actually independent.  
 

Overall, a great installment.  👏 

  • Love 2
Link to review
JR Tittle

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

It’s the story of life. Joy, happiness, contentment, sorrow to despair.  An excellent continuation of CJ’s story. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to review
Albert1434

· Edited by Albert1434

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

CJ is a product of his Father's love, His wonderful friends and of course Owen who has a powerful effect on him. We get to experience magnificent places with such vivid colors, smells, and wonderful people. Beautifully written with powerful dialogue, an amazing description which gives us clear and great visions of these wonderful places!

Read this story and you're going to love it as much as I have. :thankyou::heart:

  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..