Jump to content

Summer 1. C. J. Boomers, Gen Xers, & Millenials

   (10 reviews)
Genres: General Fiction
Sub-genres: Coming of Age, Rich Boy

At fifteen, CJ moved to the District of Columbia when his step-father discovered the teen was gay and banished him from their Miami home.

In Washington, living with his biological father and his partner, CJ blossoms thanks in part to the guidance provided by his father’s gay friends.

p style="text-align:center;"> This is a work of fiction set in the real world.
Names, characters, places, and incidents are products of the author's imagination or are used fictitiously.
Any resemblance to actual events, locales, or persons, living or dead, is otherwise coincidental.
 
Copyright © 2015 Carlos Hazday; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (20 members)

  • Action Packed 16
  • Addictive/Pacing 19
  • Characters 20
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 9
  • Compelling 9
  • Feel-Good 9
  • Humor 10
  • Smoldering 6
  • Tearjerker 8
  • Unique 11
  • World Building 12

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

JeffreyL

· Edited by JeffreyL

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

If you only read one story on GA make it this one. It is the start of the journey of a pretty special family and their friends. CJ's stepfather finds out CJ is gay and kicks him out. Mother does not protest. CJ ends up moving in with his gay father and his partner. It sounds like the plot in many stories about gay young men, but this story rises above. Carlos Hazday's writing is very readable, and he has created an amazing young man in CJ! It is not all rainbows and sunshine as he settles in to a new way of life. His father's and their friends help him on his way to adulthood.

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
chris191070

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Great start to CJ's adventures.

  • Like 6
Link to review
Mikiesboy

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Didn't really know what to expect when i began to read about CJ. There were some things i struggled with and discussed with Carlos. I appreciate his openness and willingness to listen and respond.

 

All in all, i enjoyed Summer. It's engaging and a read i'd happily recommend.

  • Like 6
Link to review
WolfM

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This story hits close to home for me, gay teen kicked out after his secret is discovered. Carlos takes something that can be devastating for any child and turns it into a beautiful family relationship. Not everything is smooth sailing, but that only adds to how good this book is. A definite must read, and no, I'm totally not bias at having worked with Carlos on several books. :)

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to review
JR Tittle

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

I’m not a big reviewer on much of anything, however, this storyline struck a chord with me, and I feel compelled to write. 
 

The events from beginning to end of CJ/Summer left me wanting for more. In my humble opinion, that’s what a good story should do.
 

It made me reminisce about my former home in Alabama with Doc’s storyline, and made me relate to him more than anyone else. It made me angry at CJ’s parents for throwing him out at such a young age, and happy that he found a forever home with his dads...and made a bunch of new forever friends in the process. It also made me laugh when CJ kicked the phobic biker’s tail and took names to boot, and made me feel proud when he stood up for his family and friends. Long story short, the folks in CJ are relatable, not fantastical. 
 

I’d say overall, it’s a fabulous start to CJ’s adventures. 

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
astone2292

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

After finishing the last chapter, I'm left in a state of flabberghastation (if it's not a word, I don't care. It exists now). 

What a ride! "Summer" is the newest additions to my personal "must read on GA" list. 

  • Love 3
Link to review
Albert1434

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

This is just a perfectly written story! Well thought out with wonderful dialogue and great description. I just love this story it is a perfect read and most enjoyable. I am sure that if you read this story you're going to love as much as I have!

  • Love 4
Link to review
Pup Cameron

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

I found this series after seeing @Carlos Hazdaylisted as the editor for @WolfMand figured it would be a good read. I wasn't wrong. We meet the MC after he gets booted from his home. Fortunately he has his father to take him in. This is a great read and something you'll want to come back to over and over again. The fact it takes place in my home town and the realism of the setting makes it all the better. If you're like me, you probably don't log in much while reading, but stories like this are worth it just to comment or review.

  • Love 4
Link to review
adriaan

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

When starts the following story about cj

  • Like 3
Link to review
Doha

   1 of 1 member found this review helpful 1 / 1 member

Summer is a story of a group of friends, all male and all gay. Enter CJ, the 15 year old son of one of the men. The story follows their lives through the summer of 2015.

Well-written, this tale had me laughing, crying, fuming and turning to the next chapter. A fabulous read and the start of a long and entertaining series. 

A fantastic read!

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..