Jump to content
    Cia
    • Signature Author
  • 937 Words
  • 1,430 Views
  • 12 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Ancalagon - 123. Chapter 123

Had this been a set up? The officer had brought me into a trap and delivered me to the Kardoval? I slumped to the floor, my body no longer my own to control but my mind whirred uncontrollably through the many different options of what went wrong.

How was this possible? Had I been duped or had Garjah?

It had to have been me. He was too smart, too well trained to have fallen for such a simple trap that he’d believe he had captured the Kardoval if he hadn’t. Had Timok even been with him, or had all that simply been a name drop to distract me from the story so I wouldn’t question it as much.

Damn it. I strained to move, to do something, anything to save myself. I couldn’t even blink away the tears that were pooling in my eyes and starting to drip down my cheeks, much to my fury.

Another burst of fire, and the officer who had brought me up landed in my line of sight, but his eyes were empty. He’d either been duped alongside me, or he’d been in on their plan but no further use to them.

The Kardoval were clearly not trying to remain the benevolent rulers in the eyes of their people anymore.

“Grab him and let’s go before Garjah finds us.”

 

Someone grabbed me and hoisted me over their shoulders. I hated the feeling of someone else’s hands on me, and they smelled rancid, sweat and something else bitter making me gag helplessly. My arms dangled, and my head throbbed. The lift dinged.

The roar filled the space. My ears rang, but I knew that sound. Screams and cursing broke out, and I noticed helplessly that there had to be at least five people here. Bouncer’s snarls were somehow louder than their shouts or the thuds of bodies hitting the floor.

Including mine, as I hit the ground in a heap. Sharp pain spiked through one arm, and my head slammed into the floor and bounced. Tears blurred what I could see, and a groan escaped me but I couldn’t make any other sound. Pain throbbed between my arm and head, and someone was shooting, and all I wanted to do was yell at Bouncer to run away.

He yelped, and I strained against whatever they’d put in me to immobilize me. I really, really hated this, and I wanted nothing more than to be able to move, to help Bouncer, to fight back. Focusing all my energy, I was only able to turn my head, scraping it across rough carpet.

Relief flooded me. Bouncer wasn’t laying on the floor dying from a wound from the shots I heard. He was standing over Mereval, one of her arms in his mouth and his claws dug into her upper shoulders. She was screaming, and he was pulling her over, ducking behind her body when someone tried to aim at him.

Then the lift opened again, and more people flooded the room. Cold fear that it was someone coming to help the Kardoval and finish killing us struck me first, but then I recognized one of the officers and one of the rebels.

The last person out of the lift was Garjah, and he went insane when he saw me on the floor. Lifting his weapon, he took out the two males threatening me and Bouncer with lethal efficiency and then he was on his knees next to me.

“Essell, are you okay?”

I couldn’t answer him, and that only made him more frantic.

“Essell!”

Tears flooded my eyes, and I blinked rapidly. Blinking. I stared into Garjah’s eyes, and blinked twice, as hard as I could.

“Essell, can you understand me?” I blinked again, hard. Garjah yanked me against his chest, both our breaths heaving as he realized I was not dying, and I realized I wasn’t about to be taken prisoner somewhere and tortured or something worse.

Bouncer came and pushed his head between us, his muzzle wet with fluids I didn’t want to think about. Then again, he saved me. If I could have, I would have hugged him tight. Garjah did it for me. “You saved him, didn’t you? Wonderful beast that you are, yes.” Garjah stroked him and scratched right behind his ear, and Bouncer closed his eyes and rumbled, leaning hard against us.

The room was chaos around us, but Garjah let his men handle it. Stuck in my body and unable to do anything else, I was glad he wasn’t letting me go. There was nowhere else I wanted to be until the drugs wore off.

 

“Well, that’s that.” Timok came out of the lift to where we were sitting down on the bottom floor.

I was still cradled against Garjah, feeling and movement slowly coming back to my body. “What?” I slurred.

“Bouncer killed the Kardoval,” he said bluntly. “Every last one of them is either dead from having their throats bit out or are dying from the poison of his claws.”

“That’s painful, isn’t it?” I said. That’s what Garjah had said, and why everyone was so afraid of him.

“It is.” Timok looked grimly satisfied. “They have confessed all their crimes, on record, before their end so we will have that when your outworlders come, though.”

I tilted my head, and it went too far, hitting Garjah on the chest. He grunted. “Why would they do that?” he asked.

“Because I wouldn’t give them any pain relief unless they did.” Timok was ruthless, even more than I even knew.

But it worked.

Copyright © 2020 Cia; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 30
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

On 2/15/2023 at 9:57 AM, drsawzall said:

What more needs to be said at this time...

“Bouncer killed the Kardoval,” he said bluntly. “Every last one of them is either dead from having their throats bit out or are dying from the poison of his claws.”

Though it makes Bouncer seem vicious at first glance, the real villains were vicious with anyone, civilians and military alike, if it didn’t self-perpetuate themselves to remain absolute rulers. So it is rather fitting that Bouncer cleaned up their world…indeed protective, but perhaps he enjoyed added pleasures given the liberty to rectify those that wronged his pack.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
On 2/15/2023 at 9:34 AM, scrubber6620 said:

Hooray!

Bouncer arrived first and killed eventually all the Kardoval. His poison painfully ended their lives. Garjah and his crew arrived soon after Bouncer and finished the fight and saved Essell who was not yet able to talk. Garjah and Essell were happily reunited.

Fortunately, the Kardoval confessed to their crimes on video tape --in order to get any pain meds. The people on the planet will know of their crimes.

After a warm reunion, what do Essell, Garjah and Ambassador Ases do next?

To infinity and beyond!

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..