Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 2,339 Words
  • 2,379 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jimmy & Richie - 17. Chapter 17

I woke up to the smell of coffee. I slowly unwound my self from Rich and headed to the bathroom, took my shower. Finishing up, I went to the closet to get dressed. I was anxious to get to work and even more anxious to take Rich to the doctor's to remove his cast.

When I walked into the kitchen, Nick was sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal. "You're up early.”

“Yea, I was thinking about going to school here. If I do go to school here, I'd have to stay in a dorm.”

"Why, don't you want to stay here?”

"There's no room here. We can't share the bed, you and Rich need your privacy.”

"Before you get crazy thinking about that, you need to finish high school, get approval from your parents to attend Ohio State, get enrolled and then, only then, we'll solve the problem of you staying here or in a dorm."

"What are you guys so serious about?”

"Nick is thinking about imaginary problems.”

"I was telling Jimmy that if I go to State, I'll probably stay in a dorm.”

"Why would you want to do that? You could stay here with us.”

"He feels that we'll need our privacy. I told him when the time comes to make that decision we'd address that problem.” “

Yea, why haven't you fixed us our breakfast? There you sit taking care of yourself while Jimmy and I are waiting.”

Nick got up, grabbed Rich and gave him a noogie. "Sit down I'll get you a bowl."

I went and refilled my coffee cup and put two slices of bread in the toaster. Nick placed an empty bowl in front of Rich. "Well, where is the rest?”

"I just said I'd get you a bowl."

I placed the cereal box on the table. Rich went and poured himself a glass of orange juice and got the milk from the refrigerator.

"If you want to stay with us Nick, you have to do better than this.”

"Maybe staying in a dorm might not be a bad idea rather than serving the masters here.”

"You guys have fun, I'm off to work. I'll see you at lunch time." Rich stood and gave me a kiss as I was about to leave. I could get use to this.

As I drove up to the guard shack, my friendly guard was waiting for me, "Good morning sir.”

"Sir, you never called me sir. What changed?”

"Nothing changed I just thought I would surprise you since you drove in with the boss leading the way. I wasn't convinced you knew your way, but it looks like you do.”

"Well, thanks for the vote of confidence but 'sir' is too much. After all you are way older than me, so Jimmy is ok.”

"I think young man you better get going before I put you over my knee.”

I was chuckling as I drove to my parking spot. Going through my usual check in, receiving my usual comment about seeing the boss, I headed to Gramps office.

When I arrived Gramps secretary, Mrs. Watson, handed me a cup of coffee. "Go right in James, he is waiting for you.”

"Good morning Grandfather, do you have a new assignment for me today?”

"Actually I don't. I just wanted to chat and try and find out why you are being recruited by all of my staff. It seems that they all were impressed with you. I did look over the new purchasing agreement and approved it last night. How did you come up with your proposed change?”

"I wanted to see what type of purchase agreements other firms had. When I went to the library the only thing I could find were copies of government contracts. I thought that we could use one of the clauses in their contract. It made sense to me.”

"Well, it'll be part of our new purchase orders. I think we have become accustom to the way we do things and after a time we never look at the details. Never taking into account that times are changing.”

"Gramps, when are you planning on having that meeting at the diner?”

"Actually, we'll be meeting there for lunch tomorrow.”

"Gramps, I'd like to be there and I know that Rich and Nick would also like to be there. Just be sure you take the table in the corner by the exit.”

"I don't see why you couldn't be there. He doesn't know you and being a diner it wouldn't be unusual for kids to be there. Since you only will be here half day today, why don't you go to Personal and see if you can find something to do there.”

"Ok"

I headed to Personnel. The morning seemed to go very slow, I was anxious to get Rich to the doctors. At last it was twelve and I was ready to leave. As anxious as I was to get home to pick up Rich, I also knew Nick would be coming with us. It was like the Three Musketeers, one for all and all for one. As I pulled into the driveway, before the gates opened, Rich and Nick were standing there. They got into the car and we headed to lunch.

“There's a pizza place close to the doctors, how about we eat lunch there?"

Pizza is a magic word for Nick. So I headed to the pizza shop, we bought a large pizza, Nick ate more than half. He probably could eat another couple of slices if any where left.

"Are you anxious to get that cast off?”

“Yes, it itches like crazy but there's no way I can scratch it. That’s the first thing I'm going to do scratch, scratch and scratch.”

"While you're in getting that remove, I'll go to the drugstore on the corner and see if they have anything for the itching."

The doctor's waiting room was empty. The receptionist noted why we were there and told us to take a seat the doctor would be with us in a little while.

“Nick, you stay here with Rich. I'm going to go to the drugstore. I'll be back in a few minutes."

When I came back, ”How long has Rich been in with the doctor?”

"He just went in a few minutes ago. They said it wouldn't be long.”

"Do you remember the equipment we installed at the diner last week?”

“Yes”

“Well, tomorrow we're going to have lunch there. Do you think you could invite your girl friend? I want you and her to occupy one of the booths, I'll ask Rich to occupy one and I'll occupy one. I want to force Gramps and this guy to select the table we wired. If they see a lot of people and that table being slightly isolated, I'm sure that is where they'll choose to sit. I want to also put some music on, make a selection that's nice but not too loud. Soft romantic music for you and your girl, it'll give the guy some confidence that the music will drown out his voice and he won't be suspicious. I don't want him to try and play music from the Juke box at his table.”

"And you are paying?”

"Yes, I'll pay."

Nick took out his cellphone and called Alice inviting her to lunch tomorrow. They chatted while I picked up a magazine and started to scan the articles.

"Jimmy, she said she'd go, I told her we'd pick her up.”

"Good, with the normal crowd that should be enough. I just need the manager to not let anyone sit at that table. Or maybe I'll tell Rich to sit at that table and then when I come in he can join me. It'll depend on how crowded it is."

Rich came out with his arm in a sling, no cast. "How does it feel without the cast?”

“I almost hit myself when he took the cast off and I raised my arm. The extra weight of the cast was gone and I didn't compensate for it. The doctor gave me some cream to use to help with the itch.”

"I bought some cream as well. It won't take too long before the arm will feel normal and not itch."

I drove home, Rich kept rubbing his arm. "The skin is all wrinkled.”

“Yea, but it'll be normal in a few days. Tomorrow we're going for lunch at the diner. Do you remember the equipment we installed?”

“Yes"

"Well, tomorrow we're going to have a live test."

That afternoon after I change from my suit to shorts and a t-shirt, I looked at Rich's arm. It wasn't so bad. I rubbed some of the cream I bought on his arm and he said it helped with the itch. I'm not sure if it was the cream or me rubbing that made him feel better.

"Let's go for a walk. Nick do you want to come?”

“ Where are you going?”

"To the pond”

"Ok, let me change first.”

“We'll meet you outside.” This gave me a chance to give Rich a kiss in semi private. I wasn't totally sure if Miss Marie or Gram were watching.

Nick joined us and we walked to the pond, Rich and I held hands. "I can't wait to find that one person for me. You two make me jealous, not that I'm jealous of you two but jealous that I have no one to share.”

"Nick, you still have the last year of high school to finish. You may find someone this year and she might change you so that you won't want to go to State. Take it one step at a time, maybe you won't find anyone till college and you and I know that there are a lot of girls in college."

The pond was situated among trees in a quiet spot. It was a great spot to relax and think. I sat down on a grassy bank, Rich sat down between my legs and pulled my arms around himself. Nick sat besides us, he looked like he was dreaming. “

Where are your thoughts Nick?”

"I was thinking that this spot is so relaxing, the breeze on the trees rustling the leaves, the quiet lap of the water as the wind moves over it and the peace knowing I'm among friends.”

"Wow Nick, I didn't think you were poetic. That's beautiful, maybe there is a side of Nick we haven't seen Jimmy.”

"I'm sure there’s a lot to Nick that we haven't seen. But we will."

Nick just smiled, his mind was away again. Looking at his face, he looked content. I liked Nick, he is and will be a good friend. I hoped he'd be able to go to Ohio State. We sat there for what felt like hours and in reality it was only one hour. I got up and the rest followed, "Let's go and see what Miss Marie has for a mid-afternoon snack."

When we entered the kitchen, Miss Marie was busy prepping vegetable for dinner. She stopped and came over to give us a hug. "I guess you came here for a snack.”

"Well, if you have anything that you want to get rid of we'd be glad to help." Miss Marie laughed and went to the refrigerator. “You know Miss Marie, it's your fault since you're such a great cook. Your snacks are only beaten by your dinner desserts.”

"I swear James, you could talk a person out of money. You haven't changed over the years, you still have a golden tongue."

Nick and Rich laughed, but quickly sat at the table as Miss Marie put a piece of pie and a glass of milk before each of them. For the next fifteen minutes, it was so quiet you could hear a pin drop. "Thank you Miss Marie, can we help with anything?”

"Yes, Richard, you can peel these potatoes."

Nick and Jimmy looked at Rich rubbing their noses. Miss Marie saw them, “Jimmy, you can peel these carrots and Nick, you can wash these pots for me.”

There were only two pots and Nick was finished before Rich and Jimmy. The boys really didn't mind helping, there was nothing for them to do otherwise and they'd do anything for Miss Marie.

Dinner that evening was very quiet. Gramps's mind was on his up coming meeting. “Gramps, just remember to take the quiet booth by the door. We'll all be there and try to occupy more booths so as to force you to select that booth."

That night the boys discussed how they would manage to insure that the table by the door would be available. Nick was happy Alice was going with him and Rich told him they would make sure he had some privacy.

Getting ready for bed, the boys were a little excited and nervous about the next day. They found it hard to fall asleep. Jimmy was excited for a different reason, now that Rich had his cast off, he could lay facing Jimmy. Quiet kisses caused an explosion below the belt line. Slowly two hands reached that area with the intent of making sure that all was taken care of appropriately. Rich looked into Jimmy's eyes, slowly he raised his head till his lips met Jimmy's. Jimmy was lost in the sparkling eyes of Rich and slowly realized that there were two lips on his. He pulled Rich in close and began to lick his lips, Rich opened his mouth and engaged in a tongue battle that resulted in another climatic explosion down south. Rich got out of bed, went and got some paper towels to clean up. "I'll do laundry in the morning."

Totally satisfied, Rich cuddled in Jimmy's arms, with his head on Jimmy's chest, he fell asleep. Nick was in dream heaven thinking about Alice and didn't realize what happened with Jimmy and Rich.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 27
  • Love 10
  • Haha 2
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. Jimmy is well liked in the job. Jimmy and Richie are getting closer together. We are all ready for the meeting at the cafe, Gramps seems a bit worried about it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
27 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Jimmy is well liked in the job. Jimmy and Richie are getting closer together. We are all ready for the meeting at the cafe, Gramps seems a bit worried about it.

ethical people will always worry when they meet a crook. Think Jimmy explained how it would be handled if it was a true error. Now Gramps isn't sure what will happen

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

The meeting should be interesting. I know eating establishments have security cams but one thing I would  have looked into if I were Gramp and Jimmy  is to see if was only to use equipment designed to listen in on private conversations.At their business yes but at a public diner could be a problem.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
11 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

The meeting should be interesting. I know eating establishments have security cams but one thing I would  have looked into if I were Gramp and Jimmy  is to see if was only to use equipment designed to listen in on private conversations.At their business yes but at a public diner could be a problem.

A problem for Gramps but not for the CEO. I have a feeling it will turn out okay for Gramps.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 5/13/2020 at 5:57 PM, weinerdog said:

The meeting should be interesting. I know eating establishments have security cams but one thing I would  have looked into if I were Gramp and Jimmy  is to see if was only to use equipment designed to listen in on private conversations.At their business yes but at a public diner could be a problem.

Jimmy went and bought and installed all of the security equipment, it was covered in a previous chapter 

Link to comment
41 minutes ago, Bft said:

Jimmy went and bought and installed all of the security equipment, it was covered in a previous chapter 

when he was finished he only left the camera hooked up to the tv and recorder

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..