Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 499 Words
  • 2,770 Views
  • 27 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jimmy & Richie - 32. Chapter 32

Epilogue

Ten years have passed; there have been many changes, good times, and sad times.

Rich has tenure at Ohio State and has earned a well deserved reputation. He has consulted on several projects, receiving recognition as a premier architect. I’m still in love with him and he with me. We did make a trip to Europe, thanks to Gram and Gramp. A graduation gift, but as great as it was, nothing beats home.

Rich will tell you his most significant achievement is the home he designed for Mike. It was the home he first designed for us.

Rich’s dad and Miss Marie are married. Rich is very happy for his father. He designed a cottage for them, which was built on the other side of the pool. I don’t think Gram would let her get too far away from her. They are happy, and so are we as we continue to enjoy Miss Marie’s cooking.

Nick is married, Alice became his bride when he returned after receiving his law degree and passing the boards. Rich designed a home for them. Nick’s dad gave them the land as a wedding present. After being married a year, they had a son, which they named Richard. Rich is now referred to as Uncle Rich.

Watching the love being shown upon Little Rich, we decided to adopt a child. We are now the proud parents of a three-year-old boy named Angelo. He occupies Nick’s old room. His mother died in childbirth, and his father couldn’t care for the child. The authorities said the father has left the country and abandoned the child. That, I’ll never understand.

The child is cute and has begun to copy Rich. I watch as Rich sits in our office at his drawing table. Angelo sits in a chair beside him. We bought him a small table, and that is his drawing table.

Frick and Frack have passed on. They lie quietly at the pond. Gramps missed them, so three years ago, we acquire Frick and Frack juniors. There must be something in a Great Dane’s genetic code. These dogs act exactly the same way as the original dogs. Angelo calls them ponies. He has tried to ride them but gets his face licked instead.

My dad died of a heart attack. Brand and I were sad; although he was cold to us, he was still our father. Mom was lost, so we sold their home, and she came to live with Gram and Gramps. We chuckle when she tells stories about living at the house and reclaiming her old bedroom.

Gramps has semi-retired. I am now the president of the company, and he remains the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The car comes for me now, but many days Gramps rides with me. We still maintain an office for him. We share my secretary.

Life is good, Rich and I are happy with our extended family. Our future is bright and full of love.

 

I thank all of those who have enjoyed the story of Rich and Jimmy
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 21
  • Love 30
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



1 hour ago, Hugsly said:

Thank you for a great story.

Thank you for reading

 

12 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Thank you for sharing this great story!😍

Thanks, I'm glad you have enjoyed it

  • Like 2
  • Love 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, Daddydavek said:

Thanks for writing and sharing your story.   It is sad that Jimmy's  and Brand's dad was so caught up in his homophobia that he couldn't reconcile with his boys. 

I think a lot of parents come to that realization, for some it is too late

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
16 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Thank you for sharing this great story!😍

Thanks 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, RoyKing said:

Thanks for a wonderful story!

Also anxiously waiting for your next one! 😉

It's on the board.

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

I guess I missed I playing catch-up with the story but what year is it here?Ten years have passed and still gay marriage isn't legal yet.Sad that Jimmie's dad died without reconciling.

Maybe you do  a story about Angelo when he becomes a teen.I'm there

You must remember this is the creation of a story teller, years have no significant in the mind of an old, old, man

  • Love 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
12 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Thanks for the wonderful story of Jimmy and Richie.

Thanks for reading it. 🙂

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Nice wrap-up and an enjoyable read.

It was sad Jimmy and Brand's dad was never able to accept them, but it happens too often in real life.

Something was niggling at me throughout the story and I realized today it was Miss Marie. It wasn't the character, but the name. My mother's secretary's name was Miss Mary. She was a small, bird-like woman who, despite her size, was indomitable. I hadn't thought about her in a long time.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Thank you for a very sweet story.  It was a great read.  I like the boys very much, and I'm glad they found happiness.

  • Like 1
  • Love 3
Link to comment
2 hours ago, CLJobe said:

You must remember this is the creation of a story teller, years have no significant in the mind of an old, old, man

Nice epilogue!

As for "...an old, old man", the saying "you're only as old as you feel", comes to mind. These days, after 9+ weeks in Covid19 quasi-lockdown I think we're all feeling older (among other feelings). 

You can:

A• lie down until the 'old' feeling goes away;

B• wait for Happy Hour (it's always 5pm somewhere);

C• grab two 25 year -olds to support you;

D• All of the above ;-p

Waiting for your next tome.

Tony

 

  • Haha 5
Link to comment
25 minutes ago, Gary L said:

A nice story with v good characterisation.  Thank you!

You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed this story as much as I enjoyed writing it.

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I think we need a part two......Love to see a double wedding of the two brothers getting married to their partners, maybe more children, and life with the raising of children of gay men.

Edited by pondman
  • Like 2
Link to comment

An amazing story of love and warmth shared by everyone ... except one "he was cold to us." It's sad that those who exclude are the one who truly miss out on life and in the end aren't missed when they're gone. I so luv'd Gram and Gramps - they opened their hearts and their home and built a strong family of love around them that included everyone. Personally, I think Nick still missed sleeping with Rich and Jim after the addition was put on ... I know I would have! 🥰

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Chris L said:

An amazing story of love and warmth shared by everyone ... except one "he was cold to us." It's sad that those who exclude are the one who truly miss out on life and in the end aren't missed when they're gone. I so luv'd Gram and Gramps - they opened their hearts and their home and built a strong family of love around them that included everyone. Personally, I think Nick still missed sleeping with Rich and Jim after the addition was put on ... I know I would have! 🥰

I bet you would have. Thinking about that, I  =hink I would have as well.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

He has done it, again.  CLJobe has penned a very engaging story of Rich and Jimmy.  As always for him the real strength is in the endearing characters and their very normal, real-life situations and actions.

Thank you, CL for you hard work!

Dave

  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
1 hour ago, DaveinLA said:

He has done it, again.  CLJobe has penned a very engaging story of Rich and Jimmy.  As always for him the real strength is in the endearing characters and their very normal, real-life situations and actions.

Thank you, CL for you hard work!

Dave

You are welcome Dave. Thanks for the support.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Bft

Posted (edited)

 A nice wrap to a lovely story, it was great to see everyone settled and happy doing what they loved to do. 

Edited by Bft
  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..