Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,137 Words
  • 2,967 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jimmy & Richie - 5. Chapter 5

Graduation was on a Friday night, Saturday morning I packed, and we headed north to Grams and Gramps. I was excited. I’d start to work on the coming Monday and begin my relatively independent life. My father had to remind me I’d meet a lot of those fags and to stay away from them. I think that was why he agree to the apartment. He knew the dorms probably were filled with fags. I hated that term. I kept my mouth shut and focused on my new life.

Arriving at Grams and Gramps was always something. I heard them before I saw them, Frick and Frack came running up to the car. I sat watching them, they sat there waiting till I open the door. Rather than opening the door on the side were they sat, I open the door on the other side. That was a mistake. As soon as they saw the other door opening, they ran around the car and jumped on me. I was laying on the ground, looking into four eyes and two slippery tongues as they washed my face. I couldn't help laughing. Those dogs acted like puppies, and they were anything but puppies. Frick sat on my stomach while Frack liked my face. Then as if they were communicating, they changed places. At last, Gramps came to my rescue calling the dogs off of me.

Helping me up, “Those dogs really like you. They always have. Whenever you came to visit, they were your pals.”

Frick and Frack walked beside me, one on each side. I scratched behind their ears as we walked toward the house. My hand got licked, when I stopped, they would put their heads behind my hands. I concluded a long time ago, dogs are not dumb creatures.

“James, why don't you take your bags to your apartment. The door is open, while you’re gone, Gram and Miss Marie will fix dinner.”

It took me three trips to get it all in the apartment. I noticed when I entered with the first suitcase that the smell was different. The place was painted while I was gone. The living room furniture was cleaned and the TV was now a fifty-three inch TV. The bedroom had drapes on the window, the bed was made, and the bathroom utility closet had clean towels, soaps and shampoos. There was toothpaste and several new tooth brushes. When I came down for the next load, Gramps had a big smile, with his help, we were able to bring all of my stuff into the apartment in one trip.

“What do you think?”

“Gramps, I love it. It smells so fresh and the colors are right on. I know I'm going to love living here. You know if I go to work for you, I may never leave.”

“Your grandmother and I wouldn't have a problem with that. If there is anything else you need, let me know.”

“Gramps, do we have internet connection?”

“Yes, there’s a modem behind the TV. We better go, dinner will be ready soon, I have some papers you need to sign for employment at the plant. I have the approved copies of the papers you signed at Easter. Unless you want them, I'll keep them in the safe."

I put my arms around Gramps as we walked to the house for dinner. He would look at me and I was smiling. I was happy and I didn't care who knew.

"James, how do you like the apartment?”

“Gram, it’s perfect. I'm really going to like staying there." She just smiled. I knew she was happy for me.

Mom and dad left, I began to unpack. There was a phone call I had to make. I hooked up my computer and went on Skype. I rang the number on Charles's card. Soon a face appeared, it wasn't Charles or Brand.

"May I speak to Brandon please?”

Then I heard, “Brandon, it's for you.”

As soon as Brandon's face appeared on the screen, he smiled and started to laugh. “Where are you? I know you aren't home, Charles, come here.”

“Well, actually I am home, Brand. I'm now living with Gram and Gramps.”

“Really, tell me all.” And I did, about the apartment, about the job and about the car. "Does Dad know about the car?”

“No, Gramps told me to not tell him. Hi Charles, how are you.”

Charles had sat down besides Brand so I could talk to both of them. In answering their questions I told them about working for Gramps this summer, told them about Mike going to FSU and my new friend Richie. I guess I must have said a lot about Richie as Brand asked me if there was a little more than friendship there. I wasn't sure how to answer him. I liked Richie, he was easy to like.

“I don't know Brand, I never thought of Richie as anything else but as a best friend like Mike.”

“Didn't Mike have a girlfriend?”

“Yes, but I never had time for those type of relationships. My goal was to earn a high grade point average and then I started with AP classes. You always teased me about having my nose in a book.”

“Yea, I did. I think watching you study and getting excited about some book you were reading was what convinced me to be a teacher.”

“Brand, I miss you, I’d like to see you and Charles again. Can you come to Gramps?”

“I don't know, Jimmy. I don't want to be embarrassed again.”

“You won't be embarrassed. Gramps understands that we don't pick who we love, it just happens.”

"I'll let you know if we come over.”

“Please try.”

Signing off was hard to do. Brand and I have been close as brothers. He was always looking out for me. I love him, if he has found happiness with Charles, then I love him more and Charles just the same for making Brand happy.

That night as I laid in my new bed for the first time, I let my thought drift to my conversation with Brand. Did I have more feelings for Richie than just being a friend? I loved to look into his eyes. They were hypnotic and seem to draw me in. He had a nice face and a great personality. He could make me laugh at little things. Then it dawned on me. I miss Richie, where I didn't miss Mike. As these thoughts went through my head, I fell asleep. That night I dreamt about Richie, being with him, talking and laughing, gradually taking his head into my hands, looking into his eyes and then placing a soft kiss on his lips. I woke up, my heart was beating a mile a minute.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 32
  • Love 16
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter! So happy Jimmy is away from his asshole father. He's with his grandparents, who are loving and accepting, and he's gonna get a chance to reconnect with his brother. Of course, then there's Richie! Can't wait to see how that plays out!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter. So happy to see Jimmy in his new apartment, with his grandparents who love him rather than his parents who dislike him. Hopefully he'll get to make friends with Ŕichie and reconnect with his brother.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
5 hours ago, GanymedeRex said:

Nice.  The extra detail made a difference.

thanks

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Yeah. I knew those hypnotic eyes were going to be the kicker.

As to the car, he's not going to be able to hide that German puppy forever.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment

Great chapter and I hope Brand and Charles come visit!  As for Richie, dreaming about him is an indication of more than a slight attraction....

On to the next chapter...

  • Like 4
Link to comment

There are 4-5 small grammar errors in each chapter, but I am not going to ruin my appreciation of an interesting story by harping on them. I have an evil reputation as being the grumpy old troll who lives beneath the bridge that authors must walk bare-foot across on their way to publication and nipping at their bare toes. But where I do that, I do it as a help, not as a criticism. Old, yes that is true (87), grumpy, no, I deny that.

Mister Will

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to comment

Oh what’s daddy dearest going to think that now that he has two gay sons, of course his wife will get the blame for mollycoddling those boys. So sad, she needs to leave him he is not worth the headache that he is. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 5/6/2020 at 7:04 AM, drpaladin said:

Yeah. I knew those hypnotic eyes were going to be the kicker.

As to the car, he's not going to be able to hide that German puppy forever.

true at least not to his brother

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/2/2020 at 12:40 AM, jaysalmn said:

Great chapter! So happy Jimmy is away from his asshole father. He's with his grandparents, who are loving and accepting, and he's gonna get a chance to reconnect with his brother. Of course, then there's Richie! Can't wait to see how that plays out!

Take a guess and I'll bet you will be right

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/2/2020 at 4:33 AM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. So happy to see Jimmy in his new apartment, with his grandparents who love him rather than his parents who dislike him. Hopefully he'll get to make friends with Ŕichie and reconnect with his brother.

He will make friends and reconnect with his brother

  • Like 2
Link to comment
15 minutes ago, Bft said:

Oh what’s daddy dearest going to think that now that he has two gay sons, of course his wife will get the blame for mollycoddling those boys. So sad, she needs to leave him he is not worth the headache that he is. 

she won't leave him.  there may be a slight chance he will change

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I try to remember to increase the size of the font when I reply or comment on a story – that is for MY benefit as these old eyes are more comfortable with larger type.

My comment on Bft's comment: It is a common trope that something or somebody is the cause for turning a person gay. That is BS! Whom a person falls in love with is a result of their genetic makeup – you cannot turn a person gay any more than you can turn a gay person straight. Those people, especially those religious nuts who claim they can turn a gay person straight, merely destroy a gay person's personality and end up with a mentally sick dishrag on their hands. 

Okay, end of rant!

Mister Will

Link to comment
On 6/9/2020 at 1:15 PM, Will Hawkins said:

There are 4-5 small grammar errors in each chapter, but I am not going to ruin my appreciation of an interesting story by harping on them. I have an evil reputation as being the grumpy old troll who lives beneath the bridge that authors must walk bare-foot across on their way to publication and nipping at their bare toes. But where I do that, I do it as a help, not as a criticism. Old, yes that is true (87), grumpy, no, I deny that.

Mister Will

This 83 grumpy said it's okay

  • Like 1
Link to comment
42 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

I try to remember to increase the size of the font when I reply or comment on a story – that is for MY benefit as these old eyes are more comfortable with larger type.

My comment on Bft's comment: It is a common trope that something or somebody is the cause for turning a person gay. That is BS! Whom a person falls in love with is a result of their genetic makeup – you cannot turn a person gay any more than you can turn a gay person straight. Those people, especially those religious nuts who claim they can turn a gay person straight, merely destroy a gay person's personality and end up with a mentally sick dishrag on their hands. 

Okay, end of rant!

Mister Will

You nailed it.I would pat you own your back but my arms don't reach top Brazil 😀

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..