Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 2,728 Words
  • 2,966 Views
  • 21 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jimmy & Richie - 7. Chapter 7

The next two weeks seem to move slow. Have you ever notice when you want time to move fast, it slows up, and when you want it to move slowly, it speeds up. That doesn't actually happened, but that’s the feeling you get. I got an email from Richie stating that Brand had called him and told him when he would be picked up.

I cleaned the apartment, did the laundry, and went shopping. I knew we'd need snacks, and I had to provide breakfast and lunch for Richie. He would be here alone while I went to work. I wasn't worried about dinner since I could always go and get a pizza. I also knew Miss Marie would take care of us because Gram would make sure. I had great grandparents, I tried to show my appreciation the best way I knew.

The night before Brand was to arrive, Gram wanted to know about Richie. I told her I met him in school and he was a very friendly boy.

"Gram, wait till you see his eyes. I have never seen blue-green eyes like he has. They seem to draw you in. It's difficult to look away. I wouldn't say he’s handsome, but there is something about him that makes you feel comfortable around him. I like him very much, he’s smart, we like the same authors and the same music. He wants to be an architect, my guess is he'll be a good one.”

“You seem quite taken with this boy.”

“Yes, the way I talk about him you would think so.” I don't know and I don't know what will happen. For me this is like an adventure into the unknown. I know I'll not discuss this with my parents.

Saying good night to my grandparents, I went back to my apartment and to bed. I fell asleep quickly, no dreams and no wet sheets either. I showered, ate a light breakfast, and drank some left over coffee. Brand told me they should arrive about one. Being the weekend, I was glad I didn't work today or tomorrow. There was a knock on my door, I knew it wasn't Brand way too early.

"Good morning Gramps, want a cup of coffee?”

"Good morning James, no thanks. Your grandmother wanted me to remind you to come for lunch as soon as your brother arrives.”

“I’ll come with you now and thank her. I want to be there when Frick and Frack attack their car. I think Brand may have forgotten about them and I know Charles has never seen them. I'll sit on the porch when it get's close to the time they’ll arrive.”

"You can wait inside, we'll know because of the gate alarm."

I spent the next few hours in the kitchen with Miss Marie. We reminisced about the times I stayed there as a child. It was fun as I remembered the good times and the summer trouble I always got into until I found books. Then it was a quiet time as I’d take a book outside under the shade of a tree and read for hours at a time. Miss Marie would bring me glasses of cool lemonade while I read.

When you are reminiscing and not paying attention to time, it slips by. Soon I heard the gate alarm. Actually it was Frick and Frack that alerted me. I walked out on the porch as the gate swung open, the car moved through, the gate swung closed. As the car got to the front of the house, I could see the ears on Frick and Frack go up. These were strangers. I heard a soft growl.

“Frick, Frack it's ok. That's Brandon, you remember him.”

That seemed to work. As soon as the car stopped, Brandon got out and two dogs took off. Maybe families all smell the same. Soon the dogs are licking Brandon's face. He tried to hug the dogs, but they were jumping around too much. While Brandon was entertaining the dogs, I opened the other doors. I greeted Charles, and then helped Richie out, followed by Nick.

“While Brand is entertaining the dogs, head for the porch. Once you’re there, you’re safe.”

Nick and Richie made it but not Charles. He made the mistake of trying to help Brand. Soon he was the center of the dogs’ activity. Gramps came out, one yell, the dogs returned to the porch. They sat on either side of me like they were guarding an important person. I'm sure if an unknown person approached me, they would be on him in no time.

I introduced Charles, Nick and Richie to Gramps. Then when Gram came out, I introduced them again. Gram gave them all a hug, she figured out who Charles was and Richie, but we had to introduce Nick to her. Miss Marie came out to tell us lunch was ready. Brand hugged her as soon as he saw her, then he introduced her to the others as his nanny.

Gram told Brand where their bedroom was and Nick, Richie and I would go to the apartment. Brand picked up their luggage, Charles followed him. Nick picked his luggage up, I took Richie's two bags, they followed me to the apartment. We agree to be back for lunch in fifteen minutes.

I showed the boys the apartment. They made comments about only being one bed. Richie felt nervous while Nick wiggled his eyes brows.

“If any of you are nervous about sharing a bed, I'm sure Gram will have an extra room or two.”

After a few hems and haws, they agreed to stay in the apartment. Then they argued who was going to sleep in the middle. Richie had to sleep on his right side since he had his arm in a cast. Being the host, I told them I’d sleep in the middle.

Lunch was as expected. Miss Marie was an excellent cook. Brand wanted to show Charles around as well as check out my apartment. I showed Richie and Nick my graduation present, they were impressed. Nick was a junior and had one more year to go before graduation. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do but said his dad and Charles were pushing him to be a lawyer, family business. Since Richie would be staying, I showed him where he could put his clothes. Being one-handed, I realize that I'd have to do this for him. Nick pretty much lived out of his suitcase since he would be leaving after a week. Knowing Richie was coming, I had made room in the dresser and closet for him.

“Richie, did you call your dad and let him know you have arrived. You should give him Grams phone number in case he needs to get in contact with you.”

“I haven't done that yet, can I use your phone or should I use your grandmothers.”

“Probably best to use my Grams. If he wanted to get a hold of you I may not be here. There's always someone at Grams."

We walked back to Grams with an escort. Frick and Frack were waiting at the bottom of the steps. As soon as we reached the bottom, they wanted to play. Richie watched as Nick and I hugged the dogs and scratched behind their ears. As we walked toward the main house, the dogs followed. We saw Brand and Charles walking up to the back door holding hands.

“They are always doing that. As soon as they are together, they hold hands.”

“Quiet little one, you are just jealous.”

“Little one, where did that name come from.”

“When I was younger, I was very short, he always called me ‘little one’. Then puberty hit and I think I grew an inch every night. Now, I'm still not as tall as Charles but I'm not little either. It seems some names stick.”

We chuckled, “Where did you go Brand?”

“I just showed Charles our secret place.” Nick and Richie looked at me.

“When we were kids and stayed here for vacation, we’d walk the grounds. Over that hill, there are a few trees and a small pond that is fed by an underground stream. The water is very cold, on a hot day it was the spot where Gramps would find us. We called it our secret spot”

“I'd like to see it.”

So with the dogs, I took them to the pond. Nick had to test the temperature of the water. He took off his shoes and socks, rolled up his pant legs, walked into the pond. We laughed as he quickly ran out of the pond.

“The water is really cold. I thought maybe it would be cool but it’s cold. I don't think you could swim in it. The water is too cold.”

“We never swam in the pond, but the water is very refreshing. We'd take our shirts and dip them in the pond, then place them around our shoulders or over our heads. On a very hot summer day, that felt nice.”

Now that Nick's feet were wet, he couldn't put his shoes on. “Nick, take your shirt and dry your feet. Then you can put your shoes back on. Walking back barefoot won't be nice.”

We waited while Nick dried his feet. I kept glancing at Richie, every once in a while I'd catch him looking at me. I still haven't figured out what it is about him that I find so attractive except for his eyes.

Supper that evening was something I missed. With Brand not being home, our suppers were very quiet. But tonight, they were anything but quiet. Richie explained how he broke his arm, Brand told us how he met Charles, seems like Nick was a mischievous student, and Charles was the one that bailed him out. Nick said he was an innocent bystander and never did those things Brand accused him of doing. Gramps told a few stories of his childhood and some of the mischiefs he got into. Grams just sat there, taking it all in. For the first time in a long while, I felt like supper was being enjoyed again. It reminded me of when I was a kid.

“Jimmy, show me your car. Gramps bought me my first car when I graduated, I'd like to see what he bought you.”

Nick and Richie stayed with my grandparents while Brand and I left to show him my car. Richie wanted to call his dad, Charles and Nick wanted to get to know Gram and Gramps better. It all worked out.

I opened the garage doors and showed Brand my BMW. “Nice car, but I already knew about the car. Gramps told me he had bought you the same model car he bought me. I wanted to just talk to you about the folks. I was hurt when dad asked me to leave.”

“I knew you were hurt, so where mom and I. I've never seen dad so angry. Mom said since he was Spanish it was an affront to his manhood. I thought that was just bullshit. From what I have read, I think he was more embarrassed because he may have had feelings for a man at one time. He's so macho he'd never admit to it. I'm not sure how he'll react if I'm gay also.”

“Are you gay?”

“I don't know. I have been reading about gays since I came here. I have never dated when I was in school, never felt the need and never felt any attraction to girls or boys. I had a lot of friends and Mike was my closest friend but I never felt doing anything sexual with him. In fact, I never had even given it a thought of being sexual with anyone. I figured I'd go to school and get my degree and then find a job. Eventually, someone will come along that would jump-start my sexual desires. Now since I've met Richie, there’s something about him that I find attractive. I'm totally captivated by his eyes, he's funny and smart. I know he's not the most handsome guy I knew, there’s something there that I don't understand."

“When I met Charles, I knew he was the one for me. I knew I was gay when I was in high school but had to keep a low profile. Maybe because deep down, I knew what dad's reaction would be. I used Nick so I could see Charles. Nick is not a trouble maker, I would trump up charges just so Charles would come and see me. Then at one meeting Charles got wise and accused me of trumping charges against Nick so I could see him. I confessed that I was gay and would like to date him, after dating for about nine months, we moved in together. That trip home was to let every one know that I was gay and I had a partner. I didn't expect it to be well-received, but I never expected the greeting I got. If I had known, I'd never have come home."

I just hugged Brand. I knew he was hurt when dad yelled at him. But I think he did what he had to do. Now it's out in the open, he can live his life knowing he's not going around anyone's back. But that doesn't solve my problem.

“Brand, what if I'm non-sexual? Maybe I'm the type of guy who never has any interest in a sexual relationship with a man or woman. Wouldn't that be strange?”

“I don't know anyone who has no sex drive. Maybe yours hasn't kicked in yet. Your nose was always stuck in a book. Have you never read any books where one of the characters was very sexually active or was going through the emotions of finding love? Certainly you have read Romeo and Juliet in class. That was always Mrs. Kelly's favorite Shakespearean play. I think she could recite the total play from memory.”

“We had to read that play as well. I never really got into it that much. I actually found it boring, but I did like some of his other plays.”

“Maybe I should send you some gay literature.”

“Don't laugh at me, you're the only one I can turn to.”

“I'm not laughing at you. I love you Jimmy and I'd never hurt you. Don't worry if you do or don't have any sexual desires. Once we leave and it's just you and Richie, you'll figure it out. Keep an open mind and see what develops. I'm just a phone call or Skype away.”

I hugged Brand, then as we were walking back to Grams, I met the guys heading to the apartment.

“Nick brought some games with him. We thought we could play them in the apartment.”

“Sure let's go." I went to the apartment with the guys while Brand went back to Grams.

“I think we can hook the laptop to the TV, let's do that. I'm going to make some tea, do you guys want any?”

“Are you making hot tea or ice tea?”

“Which do you prefer?”

“Iced”

I made a pitcher of iced tea while they hooked up the games.Taken three glasses into the living room, I sat on the sofa while the boys sat on the floor in front of the TV. I watched them play and kept looking at Richie. There was something there, I wanted to know what it was. What was the attraction, his voice, his mannerism what was it? This was driving me nuts, trying to figure out why I was finding him attractive.

“Jimmy do you want to play? You can take my spot.”

“No, I'll just watch. I never was any good at playing games. You go ahead and play.”

Maybe after spending some time with Richie, I'll be able to figure out what it is that baffles me.

“Guys, I'm going to bed. I'm not use to staying up late.”

I went and brushed my teeth, and got ready for bed. Since I was allocated to the middle of the bed, I knew I wouldn't be disturbed when they came to bed. It didn't take me long to fall asleep. I never felt them getting in bed.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 38
  • Love 9
  • Wow 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

20 minutes ago, NimirRaj said:

Nick cracks me up...though now I'm curious how old he is as part of me is suddenly wondering if he was just being humorous. He might have gotten some ideas from being around Charles & Brand especially with of their "showering". :lol:  It's cute but hard to relate to Jimmy as I can't imagine not knowing your sexuality because you've never had any sexual interest before and not understanding why you suddenly are attracted to someone. It's nice though that while he's confused about being attracted to Richie it's not because he has any sort of homophobia as the fact it's another boy doesn't seem to really faze him at all. I'm sure he'll figure things out as time goes by and if he were to tell this to Richie he would definitely see it as a compliment as how amazing would it be to discover you're the only person that someone finds sexually attractive?

Nick is a high school junior who will be a senior in the coming term. As for Jimmy, he was focused on grades and loved to read. It may seem odd today. But I'm sure there are young boys out there that are on a one track, learning versus playing. I knew a few in my younger days. 

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
2 hours ago, NimirRaj said:

Nick cracks me up...though now I'm curious how old he is as part of me is suddenly wondering if he was just being humorous. He might have gotten some ideas from being around Charles & Brand especially with of their "showering". :lol:  It's cute but hard to relate to Jimmy as I can't imagine not knowing your sexuality because you've never had any sexual interest before and not understanding why you suddenly are attracted to someone. It's nice though that while he's confused about being attracted to Richie it's not because he has any sort of homophobia as the fact it's another boy doesn't seem to really faze him at all. I'm sure he'll figure things out as time goes by and if he were to tell this to Richie he would definitely see it as a compliment as how amazing would it be to discover you're the only person that someone finds sexually attractive?

Nick is a junior in high school (one year until he graduates).

  • Like 4
Link to comment
3 hours ago, CLJobe said:

Nick is a high school junior who will be a senior in the coming term. As for Jimmy, he was focused on grades and loved to read. It may seem odd today. But I'm sure there are young boys out there that are on a one track, learning versus playing. I knew a few in my younger days. 

 

I always suspected the really smart students with the high GPA wasn't distracted with BF/GF issues.And they weren't all nerds some of them were athletes and cute.One trait they all seemed to share was they were all quiet Jimmy seemed to fit that somewhat.Speaking for myself noticing someone hot was always a big distraction for me when it came to school work.I remember thinking at the time these smart guys must never think of these things I'm thinking otherwise their GPA wouldn't be as good.

Every chapter keeps getting better and better

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 5/5/2020 at 10:00 AM, NimirRaj said:

hard to relate to Jimmy as I can't imagine not knowing your sexuality because you've never had any sexual interest before and not understanding why you suddenly are attracted to someone.

I find it strange, as well, since I became aware that I was attracted to men at age four.  Even at that age, I knew it wasn't something to tell anyone about!  Things were only just starting to improve by the time I entered college.

But hey, if everyone knew themselves well and had no qualms about revealing themselves, half the stories on this site could never have been written, lol!

Despite the foregoing, I really like this story.  Jamie is a great kid, and I look forward to seeing what happens as the story progresses.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

My uncle and my grandmother had me figured out by about age five; or so my uncle told me, many years later.  Most of my gay friends knew their orientation at similar early ages.  But the oldest was a guy who was 26 when he finally put it all together, with the help of a therapist.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, Daddydavek said:

Interesting discussion comments.  The chapter was too!

thanks

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 5/5/2020 at 9:38 AM, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. So Richie arrives safely at Jimmy for his stay.

 

I do not trust Nick

  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
Link to comment
7 hours ago, pondman said:

I do not trust Nick

Nick is a nice guy, he's a few years younger than Jimmy and Ritchie. There's no duplicity here.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

I am pleased that Brandon and James  have reconnected as they were both close when Brandon was at home. I want to know what model  and colour the Beemer is? Car enthusiast here needs to know these details 😄 I also have a white 2020 320 petrol model, I sold the diesel 320 because diesels are frowned upon in the UK due to NOX emissions, some inner London councils are charging diesel car owners more to park their car, it’s just mad.

3 teenage boys in a bed what could possibly go wrong? 😂🌈 It’s almost as Nick is a chaperone for James and Richie

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Everybody knows Frick and Frack were a comedy ice-scating duo in the 40's. But three points if you know their nationality! No fair googling!

Mr Will

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
3 hours ago, Will Hawkins said:

Everybody knows Frick and Frack were a comedy ice-scating duo in the 40's. But three points if you know their nationality! No fair googling!

Mr Will

 

I don't know their nationality but I would bet it was European and if I had top take a guess there, the obvious being the Nethwerlands but I think I would lean toward Scandinavia.  I'll go and check 

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Ehet were Swiss. But the language they poke as German. Switzerland is a strande country, depending on where you are in that little country, you may speak German, Italian, ir French.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
On 5/22/2021 at 4:19 AM, Bft said:

I am pleased that Brandon and James  have reconnected as they were both close when Brandon was at home. I want to know what model  and colour the Beemer is? Car enthusiast here needs to know these details 😄 I also have a white 2020 320 petrol model, I sold the diesel 320 because diesels are frowned upon in the UK due to NOX emissions, some inner London councils are charging diesel car owners more to park their car, it’s just mad.

3 teenage boys in a bed what could possibly go wrong? 😂🌈 It’s almost as Nick is a chaperone for James and Richie

One is straight and sleeps back to back so no poking.

Link to comment
27 minutes ago, Will Hawkins said:

Ehet were Swiss. But the language they poke as German. Switzerland is a strande country, depending on where you are in that little country, you may speak German, Italian, ir French.

I did go and check. That would have been my third choice

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..