Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,339 Words
  • 1,853 Views
  • 13 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jimmy & Richie - 19. Chapter 19

I woke early, Nick and Rich were still sleeping. I crept out of bed, took a shower, casually dressed since we would be leaving in a few hours. Started breakfast, made coffee, set out glasses for orange juice. I don’t know what woke Rich. He came into the kitchen and looked at me as if to ask are you ok. I grabbed him and kissed him.

“Go get your shower while Nick is still sleeping.”

I poured myself a cup of coffee and started breakfast, bacon, egg omelets, and toast were on the menu this morning. Checking out the refrigerator, I decided to pack sandwiches along with the drinks in a small cooler Gramps had. I took the chips and cookies, putting them in a paper bag. While I waited for Nick to get up, Rich and I carried the suitcases and cooler down to the car. When we got back, we heard the shower and knew Nick was awake. I started cooking. Rich went and made the bed. Nick forgot to leave out a set of clothes to wear, so he had to wear his clothes a second day. We did take pity on him and gave him a clean pair of underwear, and that led to a clean shirt and socks.

After breakfast, and everything was clean, we headed to the house. I told Miss Marie that we had stuff in our refrigerator and for her to use it as it would probably be bad by the time we got home. I kissed Gram goodbye. Gramps had already left for the office.

Nick set in the back, and Rich sat up front and navigated. I could have used the GPS, but I think Rich wanted to ‘plot the course’ as he called it. When he was done and had made his notes, we handed the map to Nick.

“Nick, check the map and see if there is anything worth stopping to see. Also, check your phone and see if you can find a place to eat tonight. Rich, let him know where we’ll be when it’s time to stop.”

I let them figure out where we’d stop, but I knew we’d not stop for lunch, maybe a pit stop. I wanted to get as far away from Gramps as possible. That dream scared me.

Traveling with these two is fun. They make jokes or sing. They quibble over what sandwich they want. Usually, each takes half.

“We have a possible pit stop coming up. How’s the gas?”

“I could top it off. I’ll stop, we could visit the restroom and get some snacks.”

I was surprised at how much gas it took. I wonder how big the gas tank was. Nick and Rich went to get snacks as I went to the restroom.

“Did you guys leave anything for the next group that stops here.” They had a large bag full of chips and cold water.

We were back on the road. Nick said that the total driving time to Niagara was only five to six hours. Since we left in the morning, we should be arriving between three and four o’clock.

“Rich, call your dad and tell him we’re on our way and where we are now. Ask him if he can meet us for a late lunch or early dinner. Nick, call the Marriott Gateway on the Falls for a reservation tonight.”

Rich called his dad, and from the excitement in Rich’s voice, his dad was surprised to know we were on our way to see him. Then I realize we were in such a hurry to leave, we didn’t tell his dad we were coming.

“Dad said we’re a couple of hours out. He said to call him when we reach the Hard Rock Cafe. It’ll be on this road on the right side.”

“Did you hear that Nick? Goggle the Hard Rock Cafe and check out the menu.”

I half-listened to Rich and Nick talking. My mind was still at the meeting at the diner. I had no idea what I was starting when I mentioned the weight discrepancy. It’s incredible how one small detail could set off a major trauma. Russians, this is what movies are made of, not real life.

“Jimmy” “What”

“We were talking to you. You seemed to be a hundred miles away. Do you want me to drive for a while?”

“No, I’m ok. I was thinking about the Russians. This is the stuff movies are made of not reality.”

“It’s hard to grasp that it’s real. Was that what your dream was about last night?”

“Yes, I dreamt that the Russians were chasing me, and no matter how fast I ran, I couldn’t run away.”

After driving for an hour, “Jimmy, we should be coming up on the Hard Rock Cafe pretty soon.”

“We’ll pull into the parking lot, and then you can call your dad." About forty minutes later I was parking at the Hard Rock Cafe. Rich called his dad, he had a big smile on his face.

“Dad said for us to go and get a table. He’ll be here in fifteen minutes.”

We were seated at a table. We told the waitress that we had one more coming, but we’d like some coffee for now. She brought us our coffee and dropped off four menus.

Nick looked at the decor, “Isn’t this a chain?”

“Yep, I think they have quite a few around the US.”

“The menu contains a lot of different dishes. I wonder if they have a combo plate that has a little of everything.”

“You might have to ask for it. It may be a special.”

We were looking at the menu; we didn’t realize Rich’s dad had entered the restaurant. All of a sudden, Rich lets out a yell when he realizes it’s his dad. Rich’s eyes teared up.

“I never expected to see you guys. What a great surprise, Rich, how is the arm?”

The arm is like new. Dad, I need to tell you something I have a boyfriend.”

“Are you happy?”

“Yes”

“Good, let’s order. I didn’t have any lunch today.”

“Is that all you are going to say?”

“Yes, what do you want me to say. Richie, all I ever wanted was for you to be happy. Goal accomplished.”

“Don’t you want to know who it is?”

“It’s Jimmy, I know.” Rich had a shocked look on his face, I was smiling.

He looked at me, I leaned over, “It’s all good. Smile” Then I kissed him on the cheek.

We ordered combo plates except for Nick, who ordered a combo plus appetizers. I’d bet he’d order dessert as well and I would’ve won. After putting all of his food away and snitching food from our plates, he ordered dessert. Even Paul, Rich’s dad, couldn’t believe the food Nick put away.

We booked into the Marriott for two nights. Our room had a view of the Niagara River, and best of all, it had two queen size beds. I looked at Rich, and he had a smile on his face, Nick went and looked out of the window, he didn’t see Rich’s smile.

That night was a hint of what the future would be like for Rich and me. Nick was glad he had his bed, although I wasn’t sure I believed him. Even though he was straight, I think he liked sleeping with us. That night as I took Rich into my arms, I knew without a doubt that if I wasn’t gay, I was gay for Rich and possibly only Rich.

Good night kisses are great, but even better is the love that passed between Rich and me that night. The world seemed right after Rich and I had satisfied our love. The snuggling and kisses that followed brought a calm that I hadn’t felt before. It was like this was what it meant to be in love and that, if not convinced before, Rich was the man for me.

 

A short chapter.
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 20
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. Jimmy should be worried if the dreams become a regular thing. The vacation has started, they met Richie's Dad.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

 It looks like the dreams and that whole situation will continue to be an issue.Richie was cute when he was surprised his Dad knew Jimmy was his BF.Come on who else could it have been?

  • Like 5
Link to comment
51 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Jimmy should be worried if the dreams become a regular thing. The vacation has started, they met Richie's Dad.

This vacation will help him to forget'

  • Like 3
Link to comment
22 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

 It looks like the dreams and that whole situation will continue to be an issue.Richie was cute when he was surprised his Dad knew Jimmy was his BF.Come on who else could it have been?

True. Seems parents always know something

  • Like 4
Link to comment
24 minutes ago, weinerdog said:

 It looks like the dreams and that whole situation will continue to be an issue.Richie was cute when he was surprised his Dad knew Jimmy was his BF.Come on who else could it have been?

Right

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
55 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Jimmy should be worried if the dreams become a regular thing. The vacation has started, they met Richie's Dad.

The vacation will be good for Jimmy. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
56 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Jimmy should be worried if the dreams become a regular thing. The vacation has started, they met Richie's Dad.

Richie is very close to his dad. After losing his mother, his dad was his only anchor.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
57 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. Jimmy should be worried if the dreams become a regular thing. The vacation has started, they met Richie's Dad.

A good break for Jimmy

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Using the map wad a nice touch. Many tech generation folks can't figure out how to use one, something I find very amusing.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
52 minutes ago, drpaladin said:

Using the map wad a nice touch. Many tech generation folks can't figure out how to use one, something I find very amusing.

New technology is good if you are able to integrate old knowledge

  • Like 3
Link to comment
34 minutes ago, mfa607 said:

Great chapter short and sweet! Thank you!

🙂

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..