Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 960 Words
  • 1,522 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Peter Charles - 7. Chapter 7

Lunch was very interesting, the boys talked about fishing, Scott asked for some paper and a pen, he drew The Peter Charles, Glen and I looked at it, it was a perfect pencil rendition. Judge Bronson looked at the drawing, comment on Scott’s skill and mentioned to Judge Leeds that he was having a dinner party on Tuesday for about ten guests. Glen almost choked when he heard that. The meaning was quite clear, he needed enough fish for ten people.

I was tempted to ask what the menu was going to be but thought better about that. Sammy was happy, he was smiling and chatting with Scott and Charles. Peter was sitting between Glen and I and eating from our plates. The waiter brought a small plate with silverware and set it in front of him. Glen told him to take what he wanted and put it on his plate. He’d rather eat from our plates.

Before leaving I again thanked Judge Bronson and Judge Leeds for helping with the FBI. When we walked out of the restaurant, our two FBI agents where waiting for us. I saw Bob get on his phone and soon a police car just happened to be patrolling the street in front of the court house. Stewart went and said something to them. He took out his note pad and began to write something, he was very serious when he was doing this. Then he took his cell phone and phoned someone, I could see his face getting a little red, he was now angry. Judge Leeds saw this and immediately headed in that direction. Glen and I stayed back and watched. Soon a police car came and escorted the two FBI agents into the car and left. Judge Leeds proceeded to the court house, we left. I knew that Stewart would tell us later.

     

With the adoption of Samuel, we return to some semblance of normality. Now I needed more than ever to enlarge the house. Charlie, my construction friend just completed the two bedrooms and bath in what was the attic space above the garage. Glen order four sets of furniture like we ordered for the fourth bedroom which was now occupied by Andy.

“Glen, I was thinking of adding onto the house. If we extend the garage back toward the shed, we could add additional bedrooms on the top floor, on the ground floor we could add a room for the freezers and refrigerator plus extend the showers. What do you think?”

“It probably wouldn’t be a bad idea. We seem to be growing unexpectedly. Things are happening without any planning look at what has happened over the last several months, we've added Andy and Sammy to our group. Why don’t you get Charlie to draw up some plans and see what he can come up with?”

“I’ll do that and I’d also like an office. I’ll talk to Charlie.”

     

Sometimes events happen that almost seemed prophetic. Thursday at work Bess informed me that Mr. Donaldson would like to see me right after lunch. Mr. Donaldson was my direct boss, so I couldn’t say no. This will give me the opportunity to tell him when I’ll be taking my vacation.

I had lunch with Glen at the Deli, Amy chatted about going to college in the East, she wanted to get away from her parents, “I want to be a little independent and that won’t happen here. My mom wants me to go to college here so she is setting me up with local boys hoping I’ll find someone and stay.”

“I can’t blame your mom, the University here is a good university.”

“Yes, but I want a little freedom.”

“Speaking of college, Nicky starts this fall.”

“Yes, and he has a birthday in a couple of weeks.”

“We should tell the kids and I’ll take care of a birthday gift for him. In fact we should post a birthday calendar.”

“That’s a good idea, what do you have in mind for Nicky’s birthday present.”

“I was thinking of giving him my old car but then I thought he’ll need something reliable for going back and forth from college. So I thought one of those new Smart cars would be good for him. They’re small, two people max, and very good on gas.”

“But they are expensive.”

“No, I can get them at cost.”

“How?”

“I own forty percent of a Smart car dealership.”

“You never mentioned that. What else do you have an interest in?”

“I have a fifteen percent interest in Paul’s barbershop, I have a twenty percent interest in Javier’s clothing store and now he wants me to invest in his sister’s store for women.”

“Is that all? And the sports store?”

“No, I have stock in the company that owns his franchise. Glen, I have invested with friends, these people wanted to go into business, they needed a little extra. I gave them a deal, I would loan them the money at a low interest rate or they could give me a percentage of the business.”

“Fifteen or twenty percent is one thing but you’re the major owner of the car dealership.”

“The men who own the remaining sixty percent are college buddies of mine. They didn’t have enough money, they were short the forty percent needed. I gave them the same deal, ergo I ended up with forty percent and I am a silent partner. And before you say it, I do all of the bookkeeping for them. That is why I need an office.”

“One of these times, you and I need to sit down and discuss all of our financial undertakings.”

“We will, after August sixteen.”

Kev is smart, don't divest financial information until the ring is on the right finger.
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 10
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Awesome chapter, more drama with the FBI but I suppose it is Very good to have friends in very high places, especially those who do not take crap from anyone, I wonder what his boss wants

  • Like 4
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, more drama with the FBI but I suppose it is Very good to have friends in very high places, especially those who do not take crap from anyone, I wonder what his boss wants

You can bet is has nothing to do with the job

  • Like 4
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Awesome chapter. More drama with the FBI, hopefully we've seen the last of them now.

You have, I used them to highlight some of the tricks the government uses to the detriment of children

  • Like 4
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..