Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,003 Words
  • 1,871 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Peter Charles - 6. Chapter 6

“Are you Kevin Jackson?”

“Yes”

“We have a warrant for your arrest.”

“On what charge?”

“Harboring a fugitive”

“And who’s this fugitive?”

“A young boy named Ronald Smithers.”

“You’re mistaken, I have no boy in my possession with that name. Bob, can you handle this while I take care of my business.”

I continued to check the weights with the cannery. With all of the tins weighed, I added the cannery’s chit to the bank deposit bag. I called Stewart. “Now gentlemen, I’d like to go to my home, get rid of the fish smell and then my lawyer shall be here shortly with a warrant for your arrest on the charge of harassing a private citizen. He’ll also have a cease and desist order for you.”

“You can’t have a warrant to arrest FBI officials for fulfilling an arrest warrant.”

“You may be right, but I’m sure the newspapers would like to write a story about harassment of a private citizen on bogus charges. I can see the headlines now, FBI harasses citizen on bogus charges of harboring a child fugitive. Your call gentlemen, oh here’s my lawyer.”

I finished up and of course by this time a group had gathered on the dock. I looked and saw Uncle smiling, I knew he arranged the crowd. Then I heard him say, “We should contact the newspaper. This’ll make a great story.”

Then I heard Jim, “Yes, they’re always harassing private citizens instead of getting the real criminals.”

Then I heard Barney, “Mary is contacting the newspaper now.”

What great friends I have. Then the two men, “This isn’t over yet. We’ll see you in court.” When they left I thanked everyone for their support.

I went home, Bob followed me, I showered and then I delivered my fish. I contacted Glen and told him to bring the boat back late at night.

It was four am when I felt Glen slip in bed beside me. I just turned over, put my arm around him, a kiss and laying my head on his chest I went back to sleep. Morning came at five thirty, as usual, I knew Glen would still be tired so I tried not to wake him. It didn’t work, he got up with me, we did our workout, Glen was heading for our bed.

“The hearing is at one this afternoon. Have Ron, Charles, Peter and Scott dressed for the hearing, I expect our FBI men to be there. See you at twelve thirty at the court house.” A kiss, a slap on the ass, I was on my way to work.

     

I met Glen and the boys at twelve thirty along with Bob. Stewart was there talking to Ron, “From now on your name is Samuel Joseph Addison, there never was a Ronald Smithers, that was a name concocted by the FBI.”

The bailiff called us into the court room, our case was next on the agenda. When we entered the room, I saw Child Service’s present. “Stewart, is there a problem?” looking at Child Services.

“No, Child Services are here as a matter of routine. They need to be present for all adoptions and any functions that involve minor children. It’s just routine, no problems.”

While waiting for the court to be called to order, my FBI agents entered followed by an older man, whom I did not know. I looked at Stewart, “I don’t know who he is.”

The bailiff called the court to order, we stood, Judge Bronson entered the court, “You may be seated.”

The bailiff handed him some papers, which he scanned, then looking at Samuel, “Are you Samuel Joseph Addison?” I noticed the FBI sitting up when they heard the name.

The procedure followed pretty much the same routine that happened when we adopted Scott. Samuel accompanied the judge into his chambers, we knew to wait. The bailiff must have got a call, he went to the older man, whom we did not know, whispered something and the man followed the bailiff back to the judge’s chambers. I looked at Glen and then Stewart, they looked as confused as I was.

We waited almost an hour, when the three of them returned to the court room.

“Does Child Services have any comment or objection to the proposed adoption of Samuel Joseph Addison by Kevin Jaxson and Glen Schumer?”

“No, your honor, we approve of the adoption of the child known as Samuel Addison.”

“Since there are no objections it is the decision…”

“We object your honor”

“And who are you?”

“I’m John Landy and this is my partner Mathew Forester, we’re FBI agents. We have a warrant for the arrest of Kevin Jaxson for hiding a fugitive, one Ronald Smithers.”

“Do you see Ronald Smithers in this court room?”

“We think that’s Ronald Smithers” pointing to Samuel.”

“And how do you know that Samuel Addison is this Ronald Smithers? Do you have proof?”

“We only have a photo when he was very young.”

“So you really don’t have any proof. I have a legal birth certificate and DNA that proves beyond a doubt, that this young man is who he says he is, Samuel Addison. Therefore, your warrant is receded and void.”

“Your honor, in all sincerity, you don’t have the authority to rescind this order, it’s a federal issued order which would required a federal judge to rescind.”

The gentleman who we did not know, stood up, walked to the front of the bench. “I’m Judge Abraham Leeds of the eighth circuit court. I do have the authority to rescind this warrant that you have. If you wish to pursue this matter I suggest you contact your superiors before you proceed any further.”

The FBI men got up and left. Judge Bronson proceeded, “In the case of the adoption of Samuel Addison, this court approves the adoption. A new birth certificate will be available at the clerks office in two weeks. Court adjoined.”

 

 

 

Rabbit get's adopted, but I don't think the FED's are finished quite yet.
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 22
  • Love 14
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. The deception worked. Rabbit/ Samuel gets adopted. I don't think we've seen the last of the feds, or whoever is after Samuel.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
19 minutes ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. The deception worked. Rabbit/ Samuel gets adopted. I don't think we've seen the last of the feds, or whoever is after Samuel.

There was a discussion at the front of the restaurant,  Kev followed through and did sue the government. The money was put in a trust for Sammy

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Awesome chapter, a great way to screw over the feds, and so the family is now officially bigger "married couple" 2 adopted sons, 2 soon to be adopted and a brother in law to add to the mix , the crew is getting better and better

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Awesome chapter, a great way to screw over the feds, and so the family is now officially bigger "married couple" 2 adopted sons, 2 soon to be adopted and a brother in law to add to the mix , the crew is getting better and better

I don’t think they are finish increasing their crew 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, weinerdog said:

Interesting.Does anybody know of an actual case where an issue  like this has come up?

I don’t, I thought this was something that I wouldn’t put pass them particularly they screwed up. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..