Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 999 Words
  • 2,079 Views
  • 4 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Peter Charles - 5. Chapter 5

The FBI is on Kev's tail

The coffee was on, OJ was in glasses when Glen and Kev headed to the workout room. “Nicky, see if you can round up all the kids for a six thirty meeting upstairs.”

Showers, dressed, “I think the boat needs a good cleaning. So today I want you boys to pack some clothes for five days, cleaning clothes, no dress clothes, be sure you take your fishing clothes. Glen is going with you and Nicky is going to take the boat out a few miles so you can clean it and maybe catch some shrimp and lobsters. As soon as you pack your clothes, Glen will drive you to the boat. I’ll see you on Friday as usual.”

“Why can’t you come?”

“Someone has to work to pay all the bills. I kissed Glen goodbye, hugged the boys and left for work.”

     

I worked till nine that night, I wanted to get ahead of the curve. I knew that Tuesday was going to be a very busy day. Getting home about ten, I wanted to know how the boys and Glen were doing. “Hey, how’s the fishing?”

“No fishing but the boys are doing some shrimping and lobstering.”

“Any trouble?”

“I think they are tracking us. A small boat has been seen about three miles off the bow. Nicky hit them with the light and they seemed to be heading towards us. He’s moving the boat further out, he wants to be about twelve miles out.”

“Good that’ll put you in international waters. If they want to board, ask them if they have a search warrant. If they don’t, deny them boarding, if they do, tell them it isn’t valid in international waters. Although that isn’t true, you can try and bluff. Glen, in the Captain’s cabin in the top drawer there is a small tape recorder. Tape everything and tell Ron to go to the secret place I showed him. If you have problem, call me and I’ll send the Coast Guard out. Be sure to get their names and any other information we can use in court. Also remember if they ask any questions tell them the you aren’t going to answer without a lawyer present. Prep the boys to say the same thing if they are asked any questions. Be sure to accompany them if they take a tour. Good luck”

I called Bob and filled him in. I’ll call Stewart from my office in the morning. The next two days I worked till nine, Friday I took off, did my workout and realized that missing a few days really made a difference. Taking the truck, I did some shopping, I filled one of the freezers with frozen food, I filled the other freezer with ice cream bars. My two old ice chests I filled with food that ice packs could keep cool enough. Now to get to my boat and that wasn’t going to be easy.

“Jim, I need a favor, the boys are out fishing, I stayed home, I had to work. Could I impose on you to taxi me out to my boat?”

“Sure that’s no problem, I’ll get the boys to load your chests on the boat.”

“Great, Jim, I’m going to run the truck back home. I’ll be right back.”

When I got back, Jim was talking to two guys in a suit. I waited till Jim started his motor, pulled in his lines, then I jumped on the boat. When they saw me, they started to yell, waving a paper in the air. Jim just kept going. “How far out are you.”

“Here are the coordinates. Nicky said luck is with us, the sea is like glass, swells two to three feet.”

“Do you fish this far out?”

“No, but close, usually about six to seven miles out. I think you’re fishing five miles out.”

“There’s your boat.”

If you looked hard enough you could see the bridge. Nicky must have seen us, we heard the horn. It didn’t take long as I saw the boys on deck waving. Pulling along side my boat, we tied Jim’s lines to the cleats on The Peter Charles. The boys were happy to see me as I got hugs.

“Boys, we need to help these guys to move our chests. Scott, do we have six lobsters?”

“Yea Dad, do you need them?”

Yes, give them to Captain Jim for him and his guys for bringing me here.”

There were smiles as Scott gave the monsters to Jim. “I appreciate the lift Jim. Be careful in going back.”

“We’re going fishing since we’re this far out.”

“Okay boys, let’s get this food into the fridge and freezer.”

I looked at Glen, he had a smile. “Missed you,” that was followed by a kiss.

“Dad, can we have an ice cream bar?”

I nodded yes “I missed you and the kids. The FBI were at the dock. I waited till Jim was ready and started to leave when I jumped on the boat. I left them waving a paper in the air. How did it go out here?”

“Listen” Glen turned on the tape recorder. I listen to the tape but it didn’t surprised me what I heard. “That’s their typical attitude, they operate like the laws don’t apply to them. Well, let’s get some fishing done.”

Net’s lowered, kids happy, everything as it should be.

“Kev, I know you have a way to get this load in without the FBI knowing.”

“Yes, we’ll go in at night, no lights, no horns. Jim will have the cannery drop off forty five tins at his boat. He’ll be there to help us unload, you and Nicky will take the boat out. I’ll notify you when you’re to come in.”

That’s what we did, it went off well. When the cannery came to pick up the tins, our two FBI people were there along with Bob and a few of his fellows.

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 23
  • Love 11
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Doing all this stuff to avoid the FBI.Their tax dollars are paying them.With every new chapter this story is getting better.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Great chapter. So the FBI have caught up with them but not been able to serve papers or find Rabbit yet. Interesting times ahead till the court case.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

First of all, another really good chapter! Thank you for that! As for how this chapter, and the story of Rabbit/Ron/Sam  makes me feel...

Ooh, let's see how many feathers I can ruffle before the day gets started and summer (in the northern hemisphere) begins.

First, just to be clear, (after all I am also an editor), I'm not a 'tree-hugger, Bernie friend, red hat wearer, right to bear arms  (although 'Right to Arm Bears' sounds like fun), or easily malleable person. I do vote because as my grandpa said "If you don't vote, you don't get to complain about government picking your pockets", but I choose person before party (first time) until they start to lie, obviate, and brown-nose to serve themselves over those (us) who pay their salaries.

 

FiBbIes (FBI), DOJ (Department of Justice -There's an Oxymoron), 'cops' and ALL other legal / quasi-legal entities, lawyers et al, who subvert the laws to serve their own (or their bosses) interests?

Well, if Kevin, Glen or the boys put the FBI overboard (in International Waters) , holding a bucket of chum and told them to swim to safety, would I be upset?

Really looking forward to (PLEASE, I'm begging :whistle:) another chapter or two this weekend. Especially if the boys celebrate Father's Day to honor Kevin and Glen!  

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Definitely interesting times ahead, the subterfuge was brilliant, let's hope they stay out of site for a few more days, till the court case

  • Like 3
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..