Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 1,195 Words
  • 1,982 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Peter Charles - 36. Chapter 36

Glenn finds out just how wealthy Kevin, and now him, are

“Jamie, ask him”

“Ask me what?”

“Kev, my girlfriend has a brother, he isn’t being mistreated, he’s being ignored. The family dotes on his sister, they love him, that you can tell, but he is sort of playing in the out field, if you understand. If you would let him work the boat, I’m sure he’d appreciate it and his self esteem would be better. Playing second fiddle is not the best place to be in a two fiddle orchestra.“

“You’re all full of hyperbole’s today. Been reading again?”

“Okay, when can he start and does his parents know.” Jamie ran to the Wharf, return with a boy about fourteen.

“Kevin, this is Rusty.”

Charles walked in, “Hey Rusty, you coming with us?” Rusty looked at Jamie who looked at me.

“Yes, Charles, Rusty is coming with us. Give him the tour.”

“Both of you knew I’d say okay.”

“How do you know that?”

“He’s dressed as one of us.” They both laughed.

“Here comes Paul.”

“Hi Paul, did you think we would leave without you?” He smiled, I waved to his dad, he honked the horn and drove off.

“Dad, brought me over, he’s on his lunch hour.”

“He needs to bring you over on Thursday night, then you can go crabbing Friday morning with the boys.”

“If there is no one else, we can get going. Nicky we need fuel and water. Might as well empty the waste tank as well.”

“Wait” There was Steve ruining for the boat.

Nicky blew the horn, Steve ran faster. “I thought you’d leave without me.” “

Never, we’re just getting ready to go, I‘d wait for you or at least Scott would make us wait for you.”

He went below, and changed into his uniform. I looked at him, “Did you keep your uniform on the boat.”

“Yes, it was okay to do that.”

“Yes, it’s a good idea, watch next week all of the boys will have their uniforms on the boat.”

We were ready to go, Glen had retuned from taking the truck back, I gave him a kiss to the boys booing us. “Okay boys, let's go.”

Then I heard, anchors up, bow lines in, stern lines in. a blast on the horn, and Nicky headed for the refueling station. The boys were either on the bow or stern as we pulled into the fueling station. “Every time you come here, you have more boys. I think I’m missing something.”

“You aren’t missing anything, I’m the one who takes care of your needs.” I started to laugh, Dean was a little jealous, everyone knew that. Poor Alex, no fun away from Dean

“You got that wrong Dean, I’m the one that takes care of you. You’re such a spoil sport. Now he won’t give us any fish.”

All of that was said in jest, the boys laughed. It was Charles, “Don’t worry Dean, I’ll see that you get some shrimp. Of course, you could have lobster if you let Alex come with us.”

Now everyone laughed. “Another joker” he handed me the voucher to sign.

“Alex, we need to unload the waste tank as well.”He showed Nicky where to dock the boat, hooked us up and started the pump.

“The city wants to move the tank away from the dock area. They are afraid of a leak into the sea.”

“Where are they going to put it?”

“They were looking at that place by those hills.”

“That won’t happen unless they want to go to court.”

“Why?”

“I own that property. Do you see that trickle of water falling there on that far hill? I own all that way from my home.”

“They will claim it as public domain.”

“I’ve got that covered as well. Don’t worry, they just need to make sure this tank doesn’t leak and they can do that by covering the metal with fibre glass, like my boat.”

Glen heard my conversation, “What are you going to do to prevent them from doing that?”

“I’m going to build small homes on that land and rent them out.”

“Small homes, what’s a small home?”

“You haven’t been keeping up with the magazines I get. They are homes that contain a bedroom, bathroom and a room that is a kitchen and living room. Big enough for one person to live comfortable and easy to take care of.”

“Who will rent them?”

“Well, I have a feeling once the Wharf turns into an inn, certain captains may find they need to move, I’m also thinking of Robby’s mother. She cleans, she can clean our home and help Mary with cleaning as well.”

“Marrying you feels like I’m being drawn into a being a humanitarian. Where do these ideas come from?”

“They come from my dreams, I get ideas on how to help people. Somehow I knew about Shawn before it happened. I had a feeling that something was going to happen that we’d be involved with. Now this idea came to me last night when I was thinking about the boys.”

“You know you’re lucky we can afford these plans of yours.”

“I never gave that a thought. It seems whenever we start something, the money is always there. Which reminds me, I sold some stocks yesterday are bank account is growing.”

“Dare I ask how much?”

“You can check it on your cell phone. Just call up our account.”

I watched as he did this, “You got to be kidding! This is a mistake.”

“No, it’s right.”

Glen sat down, he looked at his phone and then he looked at me. “There is another account that I use which you don’t have on your phone. It’s our investment account. When I buy stock it comes from the investment account and when I sell stock, the investment account is made whole and the rest is deposited in our accounts.” I began to get worried about Glen, he was as white as a sheet.“Glen, please breathe.”

“Kevin, I have never seen this much money, I can’t visualize it. I’m scared.”

“Glen, relax. The money is real and we’ ll use it for the good of our boys and other people. We’ll have fun helping people. You’ll see, we’re in good hands. Glen, what’s wrong, your face went blank?”

“What did you say?”

“I said to relax we’ll have fun helping people. Now I need to call John Adams, he needs the work.”

“How do you know he needs the work?”

“I don’t know how, I just know he does.”

I took out me cell phone and called him. “Hello John, I was wondering if you had time for another project?… Yes, the office and bedroom are fine, it turned out perfect. John, are you familiar with small houses?…. yes exactly. I’m fishing now, can we meet on Tuesday, I may have a project for you.” …yes, I’ll see that you get some fish.”

“Can you take off Tuesday for our meeting with John Adams?”

“Sure, I need to go and lie down. My head hurts.” I gave him a hug and a kiss. “I love you. I’ll call you for dinner.”

Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 15
  • Love 13
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Great chapter. More boys join the crew. Glen finds out his and Kevin's wealth and it gives him a headache, it got to be alot of money to do that.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, chris191070 said:

Great chapter. More boys join the crew. Glen finds out his and Kevin's wealth and it gives him a headache, it got to be alot of money to do that.

It is, Kevin received a large sum when his parents were killed. Working in an investment firm, he was able to watch the market. His investments in his friends are paying off. He has been wise with his money, and it has grown as a result of that. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Great chapter, it seems that soon they will either need a bigger boat or a second one, I hope that the money is not a problem

  • Like 2
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mrbossmant said:

Another great chapter

Do you mean Tiny homes instead of small houses ?

probably.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
1 hour ago, mikedup said:

Great chapter, it seems that soon they will either need a bigger boat or a second one, I hope that the money is not a problem

Money isn't the problem . With  seven cabins they can sleep 14 and more if two bunk together. And I think Kevin is timing to fit another bed in each cabin.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I am happy to read about someone with money who uses it for the good of others. Even better Kevin has never acted "rich." Love these guys; love this story! Thanks. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
9 hours ago, JeffreyL said:

I am happy to read about someone with money who uses it for the good of others. Even better Kevin has never acted "rich." Love these guys; love this story! Thanks. 

A pet peeve of mine, I think people with money should the more active in supporting others. I don't count giving a check once a year to an organization, that's like paying an electric bill. Get involved with the people on a one to one basis. That is what Kevin and Glen are doing.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..