Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 641 Words
  • 1,709 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

the Scuffy - 14. Chapter 14

When I slept alone, five thirty was never considered early. I normally woke before the alarm went off. Now it’s painful to get out of bed with Glen at my side. The only thing that motivates me now is our showers after our workout. Paying tribute to the porcelain god, brushing our teeth, we start out morning routine, Orange juice, coffee on, work out, showered, dressed for work and then breakfast.

“It’s not going to take Nicky longer than fifteen minutes to clean up down here. The plates and glasses he can put in the dish washer, run the vacuum and he’ll be done.”

“Here comes sleepy head.” I poured him an orange juice and coffee. “Nicky, we have to go. You can make your own breakfast. Be sure to tell Jamie what he needs to work on the boat.”

“Are we gong to stop for breakfast?”

“No, Marge will provide some egg sandwiches and coffee, I’ll treat.”

“Let’s go” We heard the vacuum as we left.

“Glen, how responsible is Nicky?”

“Although he’s my brother, I think he is very responsible , why?”

“I was wondering if we should give him a key to the house.”

“You know you don’t have to do that, he already loves you as a brother.”

“I know but he could have dinner ready for us when we get home.”

Glen started to laugh. “Remind me to get the banks for the boys.”

    

“Marge, we didn’t have time for breakfast this morning, how about two of those breakfast sandwiches with that special sausage. And of course my coffee. Glen you want coffee?”

“Yes, black with a little cream.”

Getting our breakfast and coffees, I leaned in and gave Glen a kiss. I heard Marge laugh.

     

Friday was routine, lunch at the Deli, Glen went shopping for the boat, and then we were on our way home. “Did you get the banks?

“Yes”

"Did you get a key made for Nicky?

“Yes”

“Good, let’s go fishing.”

Driving home, “Are you planing on having fried chicken for dinner tonight.”

“Yes, the kids will like it and I like it.”

“You’ll need to get more than just fried chicken.”

“That little place just down from the dock will make fired chicken with potatoes and coleslaw. I bought it there once before and it was good.”

“We should get dressed and head out as soon as possible. We need to stop for the boys.”

“We can pick up the boys, I’ll call in for the food so it’ll be ready when we get at the dock. I think I’ll take Peter with us, he can sit and watch out of the cabin’s window.”

     

Arriving home Nicky was sitting on the porch step. “Glen, give him the key. He could be dressed and ready to go by the time we get home.”

I added more ice to the ice chest. “Nicky, let’s go.”

I drove to Grandmothers, “Glen, look at the living room window.”

Glen laughed as we saw Peter with his nose pressed against the glass. Stopping the car and before we opened the car door, there was Peter waiting for us. “Ready to go Peter?”

“Yea Dad, I got my shoes on and my pants. Charles has to put his shoes on.”

“He looks okay to me. Charles ready to go?”

I got a hug and so did Glen. “Grandmother, do you want to go for a little boat ride, I’ll have Glen drive you home? We need to get fuel and water so it’ll be a short ride.”

She got her sweater, locked up the house, Charles helped her into the car. Didn’t need to help Peter, he had gotten in as soon as we opened the door.. “Let’s go fishing.” Yea, yelled Peter.

     

The boys are excited. Their first fishing experience
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 26
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..