Jump to content
    CLJobe
  • Author
  • 899 Words
  • 2,008 Views
  • 1 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

the Scuffy - 13. Chapter 13

Thursday on the way home, “We have to stop at Grandmothers. I have to give the boys their clothes and sign some papers.”

“What papers?”

“The phone call I got from Grandmother involved Charles and Peter. She wants us to assume guardianship if anything happens to her. I said yes, I hope you aren’t mad at me agreeing without discussing it with you first.”

“No, I’m not mad at you. What else could we have done. It’s obvious you’re thinking long term.”

“Like what?”

“Adoption”

     

Arriving at Grandmothers, we were met by Charles, Peter was right behind him. I gave Charles a hug and while Glen was hugging Peter. Then I had a happy Peter jumping into my arms. “Hi guys, we have your clothes for tomorrow.”

Peter had to try them on at once. He dropped his shorts and put on the new blue ones. “They look great Peter, I think you are ready to go sailing tomorrow.”

“Kevin, this is Mr. Henley, he’s my attorney and has some papers for you to sign.”

Papers signed, “I’ll send you a copy as soon as I get them registered.” I gave him my address, we shook hands and he left.

“Grandmother, we’ll pick you and the boys up a little after three tomorrow. We have to go now as there’s a young man having a party at our house.”

“It’s my younger brother, Nicky.” Giving the boys a hug and a kiss, we left.

     

Arriving home there was Nicky sitting on the porch step, “Ready sport? Did you make dinner?”

We laughed, “I would’ve, if I had a key.”

“Glen, maybe we should think about that.”

“Let’s have sandwiches and we can have pizza later.” That is what we did.

About seven thirty, the first of Nicky’s guest arrived, a very attractive girl and then it seemed that the gates were opened as several more girls arrived. “Glen, no boys”

By eight there were eleven girls and Nicky, I opened the door and listened. “Nicky, this is a perfect place to have a party. Do you have music so we can dance?”

“I’ve got something better, how many of you have seen the new Star Wars movie? Would you like to see it?”

“Do you have it? It’s just in the movies this week.”

“Yes, Bob wants me to go with him Saturday.”

“Maybe we shouldn’t watch it then.”

“No, let’s watch it. Then I can tell Bob what happens. He always wants to pick the movies.”

I shut the door, “We should order the pizza for a nine delivery.”

“I’ll call the local pizzeria, how many should I ordered and what toppings?”

“I’ll ask Nicky” While Glen went to ask Nicky, I looked up the phone number of the pizzeria. “Nicky said to order three with pepperoni and extra cheese, one meat lovers and three vegetarian.”

“How about you, what do you like?”

“Meat lovers” I phone and ordered for a nine o’clock delivery.

We sat int he living room watching TV, the doorbell rang “Pizzas."

"Hi, I have the pizzas you ordered.”

“Give me one of the meat lovers and the rest you can deliver at the party downstairs.” I handed the pizza to Glen and showed him the door to the basement.

Before I closed the door, I heard, “Hey pizza boy”

Nicky came up for plates, “There are plates at the bar.”

Glen and I went back to watching TV with our pizza and beers. Cuddled together on the sofa, we forgot the time.

 

“I think the party will be over soon.” I no more said had that, when the doorbell rang.

When I went to answer the door, there was a kid with a cigarette, “I’m here to pick up Becky.”

“Okay, wait here and I’ll get Becky for you.” I hollered down, “Becky, your ride is here.”

A very attractive girl came up, “Thank you” She went to the door and I heard, “I wish you would stop smoking. You missed a good party.”

Within the next thirty minutes they were all gone except Nicky and the pizza boy. “Nicky you can clean up tomorrow. It’s getting late and five thirty comes early.”

Nicky and the pizza boy came up with partial pizzas boxes. Opening them I found some with one or two pieces.

“Kevin, this is my friend Jamie. I told him abut working on the boat, he’d like to go, can he?”

“He needs to get deck shoes and blue shorts. Have you ever worked on a fishing boat?”

“No, but I have fished with my dad.”

“Well, this will be a little different.”

“I’ve got to go, my dad will wonder where I am.”

“Wait, I need to pay you for the pizza.”

“Oh yea, here’s the bill” I paid him for the pizza and gave him a ten dollar tip.

Glen looked at me, “If he’s going to work the boat he’ll get more.” I watched Nicky walk out to the car with Jamie.

     

“Nicky before you go to school you can clean up the basement, then lock the front door, it’ll lock when you pull it closed.”

“Nicky, sleep in Kevin’s old room. I’ll call Mom.”

Showered, in bed, falling asleep I wondered what will happen with Nicky in school tomorrow, as I closed my eyes.

The introduction of a key crew member. With Jamie and the boys, Kevin's youth crew is growing,
Copyright © 2020 CLJobe; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 9
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Im so glad Kevin will be there for the boys but he really should have spoken with Glen first

  • Like 2
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..