Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 3,574 Words
  • 3,576 Views
  • 15 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lie of the Serpent - 20. Chapter 20

Chapter 20

 

"...an? Come on..."

"...let him go..."

"... be okay, Eddie... just..."

He felt a warm comforting embrace engulfing him as voices buzzed around him. He wanted to just bury into the warmth, but it tightened abruptly, almost hurting.

"...No, my brother..."

"...may need to sedate..."

"...he's just scared and needs..."

Eddie?

A sharp scent assaulted his nose. What the fuck? He jolted, snapping his head away from the offensive odor.

Bryan forced his mind to focus. His brother's deep voice resonated in his ear. He managed to blink, his eyes swimming to focus. "Eddie?"

"Bryan!" several voices shouted at the same time. But Eddie's face was the one he managed to focus on. His big brother was holding him, and the big guy looked frightened.

"W-what's going on?" he mumbled, squirming to get Eddie to loosen his grip.

Sarah was right next to him, as were a couple paramedics, one holding the ammonia tab that had just been used to snap him back from the fog. Sgt. Woods was hovering just behind them. "You passed out," Sarah said.

"Do you think you can get your brother to let go of you?" a medic asked. "We were thinking we might have to sedate him to get him to release you."

Bryan's eyes widened. "No, don't." He twisted in Eddie's arms. "It's okay, bro. I'm good. Let's let these guys check us both out, okay?"

Eddie nodded, allowing the paramedic to check over Bryan's vitals as well as his own.

"Your brother really cares about you," Sarah smiled at the two of them.

Bryan's heart swelled. "Yeah, he does. He's the best."

She patted Eddie comfortingly on the shoulder. "You are a great big brother, Eddie. I'm so glad to finally meet you."

Eddie smiled at the compliment as Bryan patted his thigh from where they were sitting. Bryan could see the fear lingering in his brother's wide blue eyes at everything going on around him. He had to have been terrified when I passed out, Bryan thought. The police, his mother, the noise, the paramedics... no wonder he'd latched on when Bryan had passed out. Bryan was just glad they hadn't had to sedate him.

A medic shined a light in his eyes as another checked his blood pressure. "It's going to be okay, Eddie. I'm here for you, okay?"

Eddie nodded, his hands clenching into fists as he controlled his panic. Bryan noticed Sarah continued to rub Eddie's shoulder soothingly and was grateful for her help. Eddie thrived on affection.

"Mama?"

Bryan gulped. "She's... she's gone to visit dad now. But I'll—" He was a little surprised to see a bit of relief in his brother's eyes. God, what the hell had his mother done? To his brother? To Wyatt? How had he not seen how bitter and controlling she was? How far gone she was?

"Good, mama be happier with papa than with me," Eddie said sadly.

Bryan gritted his teeth. "Mom loved you. She loved us both," he said with as much conviction behind it as possible. But really? Did she even know what love was? "And now it's you and me, okay?"

"And Wyatt?" Eddie asked.

Bryan smiled. "Yes, and Wyatt."

But his glance at the paramedic in front of him had his breath catching in his throat. The anxiousness in the man's eyes told him everything. His gaze darted to Sarah's watery eyes, then up to Woods. "Is Wyatt okay?"

He had no idea how long he'd been out, but it hadn't seemed like much or they probably would have shuttled him off to the hospital by now.

"They don't know yet," the sergeant said solemnly.

Bryan struggled to stand, but the paramedic next to him kept him from rising. "I need to get to him. I need to see him. I have to be there—" he choked.

Woods was already nodding. "The medics here are going to take you to the hospital—"

"Eddie stays with me," Bryan demanded. "He'd be terrified if he wasn't."

Both the officer and the medic nodded at him. "I think we got that. He can ride in the ambulance with you. We want to take another look at his arm too, make sure it doesn't need stitches."

Bryan nodded gratefully. "Good. Thank you."

"We'll meet you there," Woods stated. "We're going to need to ask you all some questions," he said, his gaze taking in Sarah, Eddie, and Bryan.

For several long moments, Bryan stared at the officer. "She really did it, didn't she?" he whispered, acceptance setting in. "My own mother."

Woods swallowed as he glanced around at the Crime Scene officers milling around, trekking up and down the stairs. "Yeah. I'm sorry, Bryan. I really am."

He just nodded. He'd known his mother wasn't the most loving person, even with his father, but this... this was beyond not caring. It was... heinous and vile... and just... Fuck.

 

@@@@

 

Bryan paced the length of the small consultation room. It had been hours since they had arrived at the hospital and no one was telling him anything. Sarah was slumped on the table, resting her head on her arms. Eddie was drawing on some paper the hospital staff had been gracious enough to provide.

Sgt. Woods and Officer Lettman had already been there and gone, talking to each of them about what had happened. They'd questioned Bryan and Sarah individually, but Eddie wouldn't talk unless Bryan was in the room, so he'd been forced to listen to his brother tell the police how his mother had not only abused Eddie on several occasions when he was younger, but how she had used Eddie to help her attempt to murder Wyatt.

And that's what he'd come to realize: his mother had planned to kill Wyatt all along. His mother. And fuck if she didn't come close, according to the preliminary statements from the medical staff. If it hadn't been for Eddie, she probably would have. His brother had tried to help Wyatt, as much as he could without earning the wrath of his mother.

Bryan's heart broke when his brother appeared so confused by his mother's actions. He hadn't understood why she had kept Wyatt in 'time out' so long, or why she'd taken his clothes and not given them back, or why she hadn't taken care of Wyatt like she kept telling him she would.

Poor Eddie had no clue what his mother was really trying to do. When Eddie told the police about his mom needing help taking Wyatt 'to his home in the forest', Bryan felt his empty stomach roil. The image of his mother making Eddie carry Wyatt's dead body and dumping it in the woods was just too goddamn much.

His eyes blurred again as he remembered Wyatt's thin body, limp in his brother's arms. A damn chain dangling from his ankle. He'd barely been breathing. They suspected pneumonia and hyperthermia and dehydration, maybe even an infection from the wound on his shoulder.

His back thumped against the wall as he slid to the floor, his hands fisting in his hair. Oh, God, Wyatt, please... please be okay, he prayed. A choked sob wrenched from his chest. I love you so fucking much.

 

@@@@

 

He nearly fell over when the door to the small conference room opened. Bryan looked up to see a weary looking doctor staring down at him with a small smile.

"Mr. Foxgrove? I'm Dr. Phillips." He held out his hand, and Bryan scrambled to his feet.

"Yeah, hi. It's just Bryan," he said, taking the offered hand. He glanced around and noticed Eddie had stilled and Sarah was now sitting stiffly, eyes wide with hope.

"This is Eddie, my brother, and Sarah, my best friend." The doctor nodded pleasantly at both of them.

"I'm sure you're very anxious to hear about Mr. Kinnon..." They all nodded quickly, and Bryan knew he was holding his breath again. "And I wish I could give you better news—"

"Oh God, no..." he cursed under his breath, feeling like he'd just been punched in the gut, as Sarah's breath hitched and her hand flew to her mouth.

"Now, now, wait a minute," Dr. Phillip said quickly. "He's stable. At the moment."

"Shit, I thought—" Bryan breathed a sigh of relief. He'd been sure the doctor was about to tell him Wyatt had died.

"No, no, I'm sorry. I didn't mean it to come out like that." Dr. Phillips scrubbed a hand over his face. "I'm sorry, it's just been a long evening. Mr. Kinnon—"

"Wyatt," Bryan interrupted. Mr. Kinnon sounded so distant and formal. "It's Wyatt."

Phillips smiled gently. "Wyatt is still holding on, but honestly, it is touch and go right now. I'd love to give you more hope, but... He's really sick. He has a severe case of pneumonia, compounded by dehydration and hyperthermia."

Bryan just shook his head. He'd been hoping for better news, that Wyatt would miraculously be better when he got to the hospital. "What about his shoulder? He was bleeding—"

"That's actually minor compared to the real problems. A small infection had started in the wound, but we got it cleaned out. The antibiotics we've put him on for the pneumonia will help with that as well. But really, it's the pneumonia that has us so concerned. We did have to go in and drain his lungs, so we're hoping to clear out some of the congestion, and maybe get his lungs functioning properly. He hasn't been able to breathe well for a while I suspect, and therefore, his brain, his heart, and other organs were beginning to suffer from lack of oxygen..."

Bryan's brain struggled to keep up with what the doctor was saying. Wyatt's brain? His heart? They'd been ready to shut down... "Oh, god." He clasped his hand to his mouth.

Sarah's sob behind him drew a compassionate smile from Dr. Phillips.

"I'm sorry. I know this doesn't sound good, but at least he's stable. We've managed to get his body temperature normalized, he's being hydrated, and he's on an oxygen tube to force enough air into his lungs until he can breathe on his own. It's really the best we can do. His body has been through a lot. It's tired and worn out, but he seems to be a fighter to have lasted this long." Dr. Phillips smiled softly. "I am cautiously hopeful right now. But even if he does...survive, it will be several weeks before he's fully recovered."

Bryan could only nod, his eyes glistening as he fought to hold them at bay. "Can...can I see him?" he asked brokenly.

God, he prayed they'd let him see Wyatt. What if it was the last chance he had to see him alive? What if—

"Yes, of course," Dr. Phillips said, and Bryan suspected the offer was made because the man also thought Wyatt wouldn't make it. To give Bryan a chance to say good-bye.

"He's in ICU. I'll take you there, but I can only let one of you in at a time. And you'll have to scrub up and wear a mask," he explained. "We can't take any extra risks right now."

Bryan nodded, glancing back at Sarah who waved her hand at him. "Go. I'll stay here with Eddie." She smiled encouragingly as she patted his brother's arm. Eddie had been watching the doctor carefully, and Bryan knew his brother sensed some of what was going on. He definitely knew that Bryan was sad as he frowned forlornly back at him.

"Eddie help?" his brother's voice asked.

Bryan forced a smile. "You already have, bro. It's going to be fine, okay? I'm just going to go see Wyatt for a bit. Will you be good here with Sarah?"

Eddie's blue eyes cast over to the petite redhead, and Bryan could have sworn he blushed as he ducked his head and nodded. "Yes. She's nice."

Sarah giggled, wrapping an arm around Eddie in a hug. "You're pretty nice too, big guy." She turned to Bryan. "Let me just grab us some hot chocolates before you go."

Bryan watched her bustle out the door.

"I'll wait at the nurse's station for you, when you're ready to go up," Dr. Phillips said.

Bryan nodded his thanks as the doctor stepped out. As anxious as he was to get up to Wyatt, he knew Eddie needed some reassurance as well. He pulled out the chair next to his brother, draping an arm over the broad shoulders.

"I know you're tired, Eddie. We both are. And I thank you for being so patient here. I'm gonna go see Wyatt for a few minutes, okay? And then we'll see about getting you back to the Home."

Bryan wasn't sure when or how the hell he was going to manage that though. Leaving meant he could miss... he had to be here if... something happened.

But he couldn't leave his brother here either.

Eddie's chin dipped dejectedly to his chest. "Don't want to leave."

"I know you don't, Eddie, but there's not really any place here to sleep..."

"Wyatt okay?" Eddie asked abruptly.

Bryan opened his mouth to say yes, but those soulful eyes staring back at him had been lied to enough. "I don't know. I hope so."

Eddie's big hand petted down Bryan's head to his cheek. "Wyatt say he loves you. He told Eddie to tell you."

Bryan nearly choked. "Thank you, Eddie. I... really needed to hear that."

Eddie nodded happily. "Good. Wyatt be fine now that he's out of 'time out'. Eddie always better after too."

Jesus, Bryan breathed. How much more could he take?

A throat cleared behind him, and he spun to see Sarah standing quietly at the door with two foam cups in her hand. "Hey," she smiled gently as she offered one cup to Eddie.

As she sat down next to his brother, Bryan rose. But she reached across and grabbed his hand. "Hey," she drew him back, gently squeezing his fingers. "You know, I have a few weeks of vacation saved up..." Bryan frowned as she continued, "How about I take a week, spend a night or two at your house? Then you know, Eddie could hang out at your place, I could get to know Eddie here a little better..."

Bryan's eyes widened as he realized what she was suggesting. "Sarah, you... you don't have to do that. Eddie's my responsibility..."

"Hey." She stopped him with a tug on his arm. "You're my family, Bryan. You and Wyatt. And now Eddie. Let me do this. It's something I can do to help you and Wyatt. He needs you."

"Fuck, Sarah," he breathed out in a rush, grabbing her in his arms. "I don't know what I would have done without you."

"Just... just go take care of him, okay?" she whispered hoarsely, and Bryan could tell she was ready to break down again.

He squeezed her tightly, kissing the top of her head. "Thank you."

"Yeah. Now go," she said, wiping at her eyes as she playfully shoved him away. "Eddie and I have some serious games of Tic-Tac-Toe to get to."

Bryan chuckled. "Okay."

And he stepped out the door to find Dr. Phillips.

 

@@@@

 

"Dad?"

Nathan sighed heavily when he heard his son's voice from the darkened living room as he closed the front door quietly. He'd hoped his teen might already be asleep since it was after one in the morning, but then again it was a weekend. He stepped around the corner and found Marc blinking at him blearily from the corner of the couch.

So he had been asleep.

"Hey," Nathan greeted his son softly, rubbing his own reddened eyes.

He could tell even in the dim light streaming from the kitchen that Marc was studying his face carefully. "Soooo, late night, huh?"

He chuckled. Subtle. Nathan walked over and perched on the edge of the couch. "We found him, Marc."

His son shot off the couch. "Really?"

Nathan smiled wanly. "Yes."

"And he's okay?" Marc asked hopefully.

Nathan pursed his lips. "He's at the hospital."

"And that's good, right? He's going to be fine."

Nathan shook his head. "They don't know yet," he said, his heart breaking at the hope sliding from his son's face. "He... he was in pretty bad shape."

His son floundered, obviously searching for what he wanted to ask first. "What...what happened?"

Nathan shook his head, but he knew it would be all over the news soon, if it wasn't already. "He was kidnapped, held by Bryan's mother in her basement."

"What?!" Marc gasped.

Nathan only nodded, offering only the vaguest of explanations. "She wasn't ...sane," he finally said.

"But...what...why...?" Marc stuttered.

Nathan gathered his son in his arms. There was no way he could explain the mind of a woman who could hurt not only her own sons that way but someone one of them loved as well. "Some people are just...hateful, Marc. You know I can't say much right now. It's still an open investigation. But just know this: Mr. Kinnon is safe at the hospital now, okay? Just pray for him to get better."

Marc nodded quickly, surreptitiously wiping at his eyes. "Yeah, yeah." He pulled out his phone.

"What are you doing?"

Marc held up his cell. "Texting the guys to let them know."

Nathan chuckled. Of course he was. "Don't you think it's a little late for that?"

His son looked at him like he was crazy, and Nathan just held up his hands. "Okay, okay, I get it. Sorry. I'm heading to bed for a few hours. I've got to get back in early."

"Dad," his son's voice stopped him, and he turned. "Thanks for telling me."

Nathan nodded, kissing his son on the head before collapsing in his bed to the beeping sounds of text messages coming in on his son's phone.

 

@@@@

 

Oh...Jesus. Bryan's heart stopped as he stepped into the sterile room behind Dr. Phillips. His love looked so small and pale under the white blankets of the hospital bed. Bryan's eyes swept over the machines surrounding Wyatt, machines that were keeping him alive. The beep of the heart monitor resonated loudly in rhythm with the whoosh of the breathing apparatus forcing air into Wyatt's lungs.

Bryan shifted nervously, the rustle of the hospital scrubs seemed to echo in his ears. He'd been asked to scrub up to his elbows with antibacterial soap and slip on what looked like a surgical gown over his clothes. When they had handed him the paper mask, Bryan's nerves had ratcheted up another ten degrees.

But now...there he was. Alive, at least.

Bryan hesitantly stepped forward as the doctor moved to the opposite side of the bed, his eyes soft and sympathetic. Bryan reached out, wanting to touch the man he loved but hesitated, glancing warily up at Dr. Phillips.

The man smiled gently and nodded. "It's okay. You can touch him. He's only been conscious a couple times so far."

Bryan slowly touched Wyatt's cool hand lying on top of the blanket. An IV was attached to his other hand along with other wires snaking out from under the sheets. Bryan wrapped his hand around the slender fingers, holding on tightly. He hadn't realized he was crying again until the mask felt oddly damp on his cheeks.

"Fuck, I'm sorry," he said, sniffing slightly.

Dr. Phillips just nodded in understanding. "It's okay. I'll give you a few minutes. Then I'd suggest you take some time to get some rest. He's going to be out for several hours, and I know he'll want you here when he wakes up."

Bryan nodded, unable to take his eyes off of his fiancé, his pale face, gaunt cheekbones, his honey lashes resting against his cheeks, the rasp of the ventilator in the background.

As the doctor exited, Bryan leaned closer, carefully draping his free arm over Wyatt's head and brushing back a stray wisp of hair from his forehead. "God, Wyatt, I missed you so fucking much," he whispered. "I pray to God that you can forgive me, that you don't hate me for what my mother did. I'm so fucking sorry. You have to get better, okay? You have to fight this. Because I can't live without you."

He lifted Wyatt's hand, pressing a kiss to it through the mask, not wanting to let go. He didn't know how long he stood there, just staring, holding Wyatt's hand, but eventually a nurse stuck her head in.

"Mr. Foxgrove?" He turned to her voice. "Dr. Phillips said it might be a good time for you to go get some rest."

Yeah, rest. Like he'd get much rest. But his heavy eyes betrayed him, and he knew he wanted to be there when Wyatt woke up, so he just nodded.

Offering another kiss and squeeze, he brushed his fingers against Wyatt's cheek. "I'll be back soon, okay? I need to take Eddie home, but I'll be back. Just hang in there for me, okay?" He would have sworn he felt a twitch in Wyatt's fingers, but that was probably just wishful thinking. "I love you, babe."

Copyright © 2015 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1
  • Sad 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I weep. with joy for Wyatt's rescue; with sorrow at Bryan's pain; with grief for the destruction of Bryan's childhood; with happiness that Bryan and Wyatt might have a true family of people who care for them. This assumes Wyatt recovers sufficiently to appreciate any of this. And I smile for the Woods, father and son, who actually talk to each other. Thank you for the light in this chapter that will overcome the darkness that shadowed everyone in this story.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

Out of likes, so will do that later - for now :heart: :heart: :heart:
After Parker's amazing review :thumbup:, I'm not sure what to say.
I'm just so glad it's all over and the threat (MD) is gone so that everyone can start putting all of that horridness behind them. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to heal from her machinations, but I do believe they will be able to move forward and be happy.
I too like the close father-son bond that is evident between Nathan and Marc. I see Bryan, Eddie and their dad having the same sort of relationship as N and M. Quite the juxtaposition against MD, Bryan and Eddie's relationship.
As always, another wonderful chapter CM. Thank you.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

I work with adults with developmental disabilities, so Eddie really pulls at my heartstrings. He's such a gentle soul and the thought of what MD did to him turns my stomach whenever I think about it. Bryan's anguish really comes through, and you're realistically portraying the long recovery period. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. I want an HEA where Wyatt and Bryan get married and they offer Eddie a choice between staying in his group home or living with them. He seems to get along really well with Sarah too, so it's nice to see that budding friendship. Another great chapter.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

The crushing reality that your entire life has been lived with lies and deceit is a devastating thing to face just by itself. Bryan has that resting on him in addition to Wyatt's condition. I have to say this chapter conveyed all the nuances of Bryan's thoughts and feelings exceptionally well. It all rings very true as if it is really happening.

 

The harsh realization that Eddie will not miss Carol is an indication of how horribly she abused Eddie when he was a child. I think that cuts into Bryan as deeply as what has happened to Wyatt. He will torture himself for not seeing it for a long time. Sarah is everything you could want in a true friend during this trial. Keeping Eddie close by will help Bryan and Eddie both to begin the long road to healing. I hope it will be possible for Eddie tostay with them instead of returning to the Home. It would have been what Bryan's father desired. The Home was a Carol solution.

 

It is truly a miracle Wyatt is still alive given the length of time and the conditions he endured. He had a strong will to live and I can only hope that flame only burns brighter now he is receiving care. Hopefully with Bryan's love he will make a full recovery. They both have so much to live for now. A wonderful chapter CM.

Link to comment

Well, as Reader said, I can't beat Parker's review. =)

 

I relied heavily on my Kleenex throughout the chapter. The whole realization that Eddie lived a little of what Wyatt went through (but of course not to that extreme), really threw Bryan (spelled his name wrong in my last review, sorry!), for a loop. He wasn't expecting his own mother, his own flesh and blood who bore he and Eddie, to be such a conniving, cold-hearted MD.

 

When the doctor came and told Bryan, Sarah, and Eddie Wyatt's condition, it was amazing to think that he was even alive after all that suffering. So he might have brain damage as well as heart damage, and God knows what else. But Bryan loves him so much, he'll be there for him no matter what.

 

Sarah is a godsend. What an amazing friend. Smart too -- good thinking about being able to hang out with Eddie while Bryan is taking care of Wyatt. This way Eddie gets to stay with Bryan. I think that's where he should stay -- with Bryan. We know Bryan has been all for that for a long time -- it was just MD who was against it.

 

Another excellent chapter, Mom! :)

Link to comment

MD is simply not allowed to win, so I'm going to believe there's a HEA for all. Bryan is bearing the burden of what she did to him, Eddie and Wyatt. That's a lot to bear and he will need Wyatt, as much as Wyatt will need him. So Wyatt has to get better, Eddie will probably be better off living with Bryan, and the three need a fighting chance to put the shattered pieces of their lives back together.
Officer Woods did good, and he's a great dad to boot. He needs a date with an equally smart and fearless lady. Yes, Sarah. She deserves something great for being more than a best friend to Bryan, and now a friend to Eddie. Then they can all be the family they deserve to have..

 

A sad, yet wonderful chapter CM.

Link to comment
On 09/27/2015 01:55 AM, Parker Owens said:

I weep. with joy for Wyatt's rescue; with sorrow at Bryan's pain; with grief for the destruction of Bryan's childhood; with happiness that Bryan and Wyatt might have a true family of people who care for them. This assumes Wyatt recovers sufficiently to appreciate any of this. And I smile for the Woods, father and son, who actually talk to each other. Thank you for the light in this chapter that will overcome the darkness that shadowed everyone in this story.

Thank you. It is time for a little hope after putting everyone through such torment for the last 15+ chapters. :)

Link to comment
On 09/27/2015 02:20 AM, Reader1810 said:

Out of likes, so will do that later - for now :heart: :heart: :heart:

After Parker's amazing review :thumbup:, I'm not sure what to say.

I'm just so glad it's all over and the threat (MD) is gone so that everyone can start putting all of that horridness behind them. It's going to take a lot of time and effort to heal from her machinations, but I do believe they will be able to move forward and be happy.

I too like the close father-son bond that is evident between Nathan and Marc. I see Bryan, Eddie and their dad having the same sort of relationship as N and M. Quite the juxtaposition against MD, Bryan and Eddie's relationship.

As always, another wonderful chapter CM. Thank you.

As with many of my stories, the characters often need time to heal, not just physically but emotionally and mentally as well. This time its more Bryan who has the most healing to do, I think. I might need to go back and add a bit about Bryan, Eddie and their dad's relationship, maybe in a flashback or something.

Link to comment
On 09/27/2015 03:00 AM, Valkyrie said:

I work with adults with developmental disabilities, so Eddie really pulls at my heartstrings. He's such a gentle soul and the thought of what MD did to him turns my stomach whenever I think about it. Bryan's anguish really comes through, and you're realistically portraying the long recovery period. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a good outcome. I want an HEA where Wyatt and Bryan get married and they offer Eddie a choice between staying in his group home or living with them. He seems to get along really well with Sarah too, so it's nice to see that budding friendship. Another great chapter.

Eddie is definitely a lovable character. I wouldn't be surprised if I use him in some prompts in the future :). Nathan and Sarah will make a cute couple, now that the 'case' is over with.

Link to comment
On 09/27/2015 06:57 AM, drpaladin said:

The crushing reality that your entire life has been lived with lies and deceit is a devastating thing to face just by itself. Bryan has that resting on him in addition to Wyatt's condition. I have to say this chapter conveyed all the nuances of Bryan's thoughts and feelings exceptionally well. It all rings very true as if it is really happening.

 

The harsh realization that Eddie will not miss Carol is an indication of how horribly she abused Eddie when he was a child. I think that cuts into Bryan as deeply as what has happened to Wyatt. He will torture himself for not seeing it for a long time. Sarah is everything you could want in a true friend during this trial. Keeping Eddie close by will help Bryan and Eddie both to begin the long road to healing. I hope it will be possible for Eddie tostay with them instead of returning to the Home. It would have been what Bryan's father desired. The Home was a Carol solution.

 

It is truly a miracle Wyatt is still alive given the length of time and the conditions he endured. He had a strong will to live and I can only hope that flame only burns brighter now he is receiving care. Hopefully with Bryan's love he will make a full recovery. They both have so much to live for now. A wonderful chapter CM.

thank you, so glad you enjoyed it. There's definitely a lot of healing still left to do, for everyone. Bryan's the one who's probably going to take the longest to recover, but he'll have Wyatt, Eddie, and Sarah to help support him.

Link to comment
On 09/27/2015 10:42 AM, Lisa said:

Well, as Reader said, I can't beat Parker's review. =)

 

I relied heavily on my Kleenex throughout the chapter. The whole realization that Eddie lived a little of what Wyatt went through (but of course not to that extreme), really threw Bryan (spelled his name wrong in my last review, sorry!), for a loop. He wasn't expecting his own mother, his own flesh and blood who bore he and Eddie, to be such a conniving, cold-hearted MD.

 

When the doctor came and told Bryan, Sarah, and Eddie Wyatt's condition, it was amazing to think that he was even alive after all that suffering. So he might have brain damage as well as heart damage, and God knows what else. But Bryan loves him so much, he'll be there for him no matter what.

 

Sarah is a godsend. What an amazing friend. Smart too -- good thinking about being able to hang out with Eddie while Bryan is taking care of Wyatt. This way Eddie gets to stay with Bryan. I think that's where he should stay -- with Bryan. We know Bryan has been all for that for a long time -- it was just MD who was against it.

 

Another excellent chapter, Mom! :)

I did briefly consider not having Wyatt make it, but I rarely have stories that don't have a HEA, and I just couldn't do it. I think I would have set off an uproar if I'd done that, hehe. Sarah has definitely been a rock for Bryan, so I had to make sure she had a little HEA too!

Link to comment
On 09/27/2015 01:26 PM, Defiance19 said:

MD is simply not allowed to win, so I'm going to believe there's a HEA for all. Bryan is bearing the burden of what she did to him, Eddie and Wyatt. That's a lot to bear and he will need Wyatt, as much as Wyatt will need him. So Wyatt has to get better, Eddie will probably be better off living with Bryan, and the three need a fighting chance to put the shattered pieces of their lives back together.

Officer Woods did good, and he's a great dad to boot. He needs a date with an equally smart and fearless lady. Yes, Sarah. She deserves something great for being more than a best friend to Bryan, and now a friend to Eddie. Then they can all be the family they deserve to have..

 

A sad, yet wonderful chapter CM.

:) Thank you. Bryan definitely wants Eddie to stay with him, and Sarah helping out while he's at the hospital is such a relief. Nathan and Marc depict what Bryan and Eddie probably had with their father, a loving relationship.

Link to comment

Another great chapter!
Sarah is such a good person and a wonderful friend. Eddie and Bryan will be fine, and hopefully Wyatt as well.
Earlier there was a hint that there might be some interest between Nathan and Sarah, I think they'd be a great couple :*)

Link to comment
On 10/10/2015 03:19 AM, Suvitar said:

Another great chapter!

Sarah is such a good person and a wonderful friend. Eddie and Bryan will be fine, and hopefully Wyatt as well.

Earlier there was a hint that there might be some interest between Nathan and Sarah, I think they'd be a great couple :*)

Glad you picked up on that hint of interest. Sarah and Nathan would be a good couple...:)

Link to comment

The prognosis for Wyatt's recovery doesn't sound good,but I have faith we will see a HEA..Anything other than that and the evil Witch wins..I also want to see a HEA for Eddie too and have him get out of that facility and live with Bryan and Wyatt.,Sarah has been a Godsend to everyone..I see a possible future for her and Sgt.Woods..And I love Marc and all of the other students of Wyatt.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..