Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 4,346 Words
  • 3,592 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lie of the Serpent - 5. Chapter 5

Chapter 5

 

Bryan woke to the alarm on his phone going off. Reaching across the warm body beneath him to the bedside table, he quickly turned it off. Wyatt grumbled as he buried further into the pillow. Bryan couldn't help but grin at how cute his boyfriend looked trying to hide away from the day.

He couldn't blame him though. After all, this was Wyatt's week off and he deserved to sleep in a bit. Bryan gently kissed the bare shoulder, making his way up the back of Wyatt's neck. The grousing quickly turned to a soft sigh of content.

"Hey, babe, I've got to head into work. Got that all day meeting."

"Umhmmm."

Bryan chuckled. Guess he should be glad he got that much of a response. He slid out of the bed, drawing the covers with him a bit. Wyatt let out an annoyed growl and yanked the covers back.

"If you're not staying to keep me warm, the least you could do is not take the covers with you," Wyatt mumbled into the pillow.

Bryan leaned over and kissed Wyatt's head. Soon, he'd be able to have this moment every single day. He loved how adorable and young Wyatt looked when he was sleeping. While they already spent several nights together a week, it wasn't the same as knowing the man you loved would be there waiting for you every single night in their home.

Wyatt rolled over, snagging Bryan's hand as he started to turn away to get dressed enough so he could head home and don one of his suits. He pulled Bryan closer, obviously insisting on a real kiss. Bryan obliged and leaned over, threading his fingers through Wyatt's bed-tousled hair. They shared a soft, gentle kiss before Bryan stood up.

"Have fun with my mother."

"Gee, thanks," Wyatt scowled at the reminder of what he had to do today.

"I promise she won't bite," Bryan teased.

"Not so sure about that," Wyatt muttered, flopping onto his back, more awake now. "She's pretty possessive of you."

Bryan rolled his eyes as he stepped back to finish dressing. "Yeah, she and my brother have always been that way, especially after dad died. It's hard for them to let someone else in, but they will. I promise you."

Wyatt nodded his agreement. "I can't wait to meet your brother. It sounds like you two were pretty close growing up."

A smile lit Bryan's face. "We were, even if we were several years apart in age. Eddie will love you too; he just needs to be reassured of how you fit into my life, which will be easier as my mom said, if we bring him to my—er, our—house for a visit once you are settled in a week or two."

Wyatt nodded. "Of course. I don't want him worried I'm going to steal you away from him or something."

Bryan let out a relieved breath that his boyfriend was so understanding of Eddie's condition. It was so easy to mistake Eddie's protective nature for aggression, especially when he was also such a big guy. Bryan had never had a reason to fear his brother, but plenty of other neighborhood kids did when they were young. Bryan had learned to be careful rough-housing and joking around with his buddies when Eddie was around. His brother often took their jokes and playful punches or wrestling the wrong way.

"I'll talk to you later." Bryan finished slipping on his shoes. "I have to hurry to get home to change. It really will be much nicer when you are moved in and we don't have to do this rushing back home to dress thing."

"I know, I know. I'm packing," Wyatt grumbled.

"Good. Hey, tomorrow's Saturday. I have all day to help you.

"Uh, huh," Wyatt's reply was muffled by the pillow he flung over his head.

Bryan chuckled at his antics. "Love you," he called as he headed out the door of the bedroom.

"Love you too." Bryan relished the way those words washed over him, making his heart flutter. Yeah, today was going to be a good day, he smiled as he headed out the door.

 

@@@@

 

Wyatt rolled out of bed shortly after Bryan left. While it was really nice not to get up at six a.m. this week, he still couldn't sleep in too long. In fact, if he didn't have to meet with Bryan's mother, he'd probably already be dressed and out hiking already to get a jump on the cooler morning weather.

Instead, he showered and dressed lazily before making some coffee and settling in to packing a bit before he needed to head out to the Turner Plantation. It wasn't long before he was going so crazy with the packing that he decided he'd walk through the park first and then grab a cab to Mrs. Foxgrove's at the cab stand on the far side of Marshall Park, rather than calling for a pick up.

With the weather looking a little bit uncertain, he grabbed his taupe trench coat with the maroon wool scarf he kept perpetually draped under the collar and his comfortable fedora that Bryan ragged him about. He didn't care if it did make him look like Indiana Jones, at least he wouldn't get soaked if it did start raining, plus the brim was wide enough to keep the sun out of his eyes and off his neck. He usually didn't need the dark sunglasses he kept tucked in one of the inner pockets.

The midmorning breeze was brisk and invigorating, making Wyatt mourn the loss of a perfect hiking day. Still, it was probably better to appease his soon-to-be mother-in-law and her desire to work on planning her son's wedding. There would be plenty of other days to enjoy the crisp, mountain air.

At this time of day, the park was full of runners, moms with kids playing at the playground, kids out of school playing basketball or a pick-up game of football. Wyatt saw several male students from his school playing football with a bunch of girls giggling and gossiping on the sidelines.

When they saw him, they grinned and waved.

"Hey Mr. Kinnon!" Angela called. "We heard you got engaged this week!"

He felt his face flush. Of course, it would already have made the rounds of gossip. The familiar anxiety of commitment rushed forward, and he felt his heart thudding in his chest. Drawing a deep breath, he smiled. "Yes, that's true."

"Oooh, congratulations!" several of the teens chirped, bouncing on their toes.

"Thanks. I'll see you in school Monday."

A few of them groaned and scrunched up their noses at the thought of returning to school already. Wyatt chuckled to himself as he waved politely. It must be a slow gossip week amongst the teens if his engagement was the hot topic. He hoped that his being dumped by Bryan didn't become the next hot topic.

As he meandered past the sports fields, he came upon the fountain where Bryan had proposed. He paused, briefly reliving the moment in his mind—Bryan's bright blue eyes dancing with hope and worry, his dark head haloed by the bright sun, his large hands wrapping around Wyatt's smaller ones. The feel of the leather band fitting perfectly around his wrist. Those words...

The sound of skateboards thundering down the wide park path jolted him from his reverie. He looked up to see Marc and his group of friends gliding toward him. He was pretty sure they were heading for the skate court. It had been one of the city's best investments to build a small outdoor arena with vert ramps, rails, and a couple half pipes to give the kids a place to practice their tricks without causing trouble by using benches and handrails or building makeshift ramps that were less than stable.

He headed back down the walkway as they approached, waving a greeting again as they rolled by.

Several of them called out greetings as they pulled up to stop at the fountain. He heard them talking about Stuart being late before he focused on making to the cab stand.

Wyatt cringed as noticed a familiar figure leaning casually against the base of the statue of George Cattlet Marshall for whom the park was named. Damn it. Again? What the hell were the odds that he'd be here? Had the asshole been stalking him? Why the hell couldn't the guy just get lost?

Wyatt continued walking, pulling his phone from his pocket to give him something to focus on in hopes of ignoring Darrin. From the corner of his eye he noticed his ex casually push himself away from the marble and saunter toward him. At one time, Wyatt had admired the sensuous roll of the man's hips as he walked. Now, it just irritated him to think that he'd been so enamored by the man that he'd allowed himself to be subjugated by him.

Darrin's eyes narrowed when he realized that Wyatt wasn't going to stop, was in fact blatantly ignoring his presence. The next moment, Wyatt felt the man's grip on his bicep, yanking him around to face him. Fuck, so much for avoiding a confrontation.

"You not even going to say hi now?" Darrin accused.

"Oh, Darrin," Wyatt pretended to suddenly notice him. "Hi."

Darrin just studied him for a moment, obviously not sure if Wyatt had been faking or not. Finally, Wyatt blatantly looked down at the hand gripping him. "You want to let me go? I've got somewhere to be."

"Where? Meeting with your boyfriend?" Darrin sneered.

"Actually, no. Unlike you, Bryan doesn't feel the need to govern my every move," Wyatt said, holding his ground as Darrin loomed over him.

The grip tightened on his arm briefly. "We need to talk. You need to give me a chance to—"

"I don't need to give you anything," Wyatt snapped, finally losing his temper and jerking his arm free as he shoved Darrin back a step.

Darrin's gaze darkened, his mouth open in shock before Wyatt registered the rumble of skateboards from behind him.

The scraping of wheels jerking to halt behind him apparently was enough to make Darrin think twice about whatever he'd been about to say.

"Mr. Kinnon?" he heard Alex's questioning voice. "Is everything okay?"

"Yeah, man, we saw this guy grab you and all—" Marc started, and Wyatt noticed a sharp edge to the boy's voice that he rarely ever heard.

"I'm fine, boys. Just a misunderstanding, that's all," he stated, his eyes never wavering from Darrin. "Right?"

Darrin apparently thought better of making a scene. "Yep." He shoved his hands in his jacket pockets, ducking back with a nod. "I'll see you around, Wy."

"Who was that guy?" Nick asked as soon as Darrin was out of hearing range.

Wyatt pinched the bridge of his nose exasperatedly. It was enough that he'd had to deal with Darrin again so soon, but to have his students witness it was too much. He'd known Darrin was smart enough not to cause a scene in the park, not with so many people around. But obviously, he hadn't counted on any of those people jumping to Wyatt's defense, especially not a bunch of kids.

Wyatt just shook his head. "Just some guy I used to know." There was no way he was divulging anymore of his personal life to his students than they already knew.

"I can see why you aren't friends with him now. He's a pushy shit." Marc glared in the direction that Darrin had headed.

"Language," Wyatt snapped out automatically, but it was only half-hearted. He was touched by the look of concern he read in the eyes of Alex, Marc and the others. Through their 'tough' facade, they were actually pretty sweet boys. He certainly didn't want them worrying about him. "Darrin's just... Darrin," he finally sighed. "You boys have fun at the skate park."

For a moment, Alex looked like he might say something more, but instead the boys grinned and started bumping elbows and fists.

"You know it."

Boards dropped to the ground again as they scurried off. Wyatt smiled, heading to the cab stand, glancing surreptitiously around in case Darrin was still lingering. But fortunately he wasn't. With a quick glance at his cell phone clock, he realized he'd be cutting it close getting to the Turner Plantation by eleven.

@@@@

 

Wyatt had the cab driver drop him off in the front of the mansion. While Bryan had taken him in the back door before, he didn't feel comfortable enough with Mrs. Foxgrove yet to think that would be acceptable. He tipped the driver, saying he'd probably need a cab ride home in an hour or two and the cabbie handed him a card to call when he did. He waved his thanks and headed up the steps to the front door. He stared at it a moment, wondering if he should knock or walk right in. What was the protocol? Technically, this was Mrs. Foxgrove's home. But it was also a tourist attraction as well. Giving up the debate, he knocked, figuring he'd error on the side of caution.

The door opened to the lanky gentleman that had met them before. Apparently, the man recognized him. "Ahh, Mr. Kinnon. So nice to see you again sir."

"Nice to see you again, Mr. uh..." Wyatt faltered. He'd been so nervous about meeting Bryan's mom three days ago that he hadn't remembered her assistant's name.

The man just smiled. "Lefebvre, but you can call me Simon."

Wyatt shook the man's hand, grateful for a friendly face. Damn, why was he so nervous?

"Simon. I'm here to meet with Mrs. Foxgrove. She told me to come by about eleven."

Simon nodded, turning to lead the way. "Yes, she told me she was expecting you. You made it just in time. In about a half hour, this building will be crawling with 5th graders."

Wyatt frowned. "But schools out for spring break."

"These are from Bolin County. They have their break next week, I believe," Simon stated as they headed through a door Marced private and down a short hall towards the personal living space of the Foxgrove family.

"Oh, okay, that makes much more sense."

They rounded the corner where Simon announced Wyatt's arrival. "Mrs. Foxgrove, Mr. Kinnon is here for your meeting," he said rather formally.

She looked up from her laptop. "Oh, Wyatt. So glad you could make it."

"Of course, ma'am."

She rushed around her desk, taking his arm and leading him to her small dining room. "It's Carol," she admonished again. "And here, let me take your hat and coat."

"Oh, thank you." Wyatt divested himself of his warmer outer layers, handing them over to his future mother-in-law. She laid the coat over one of the chairs and placed his hat on the table in front of it.

"Have a seat," she said as she disappeared into the kitchen. "I figured we could eat while we talk about some of the plans. I hope you are hungry. I made a bunch of food." She came back in carrying a tray laden with sandwiches, pasta salad, potato salad, and fruit. "I wasn't sure what you'd like so I made sure to have little bits of different stuff. I, myself, am not a potato salad fan, but I know Bryan loves it so, I thought maybe you might..."

"Oh, you didn't need to go to all that trouble, ma'—Carol." Wyatt smiled at the effort she was making for him. "I'll eat just about anything."

She smiled pleasantly. "Is lemonade okay? I also have tea and—"

"Lemonade is just fine, thank you."

Wyatt grinned, wondering if she was as nervous as he was. He just needed to relax. She was just Bryan's mother. But he couldn't help the overwhelming need to please her.

She returned with two glasses, setting one in front of him. After they served themselves from the bountiful food and they'd eaten a bit with small talk about the weather and the tour of kids coming in, Carol set her glass down carefully and stared at him.

Wyatt's breath caught in his throat as it seemed like she was gauging his 'rightness' for her son. He figured the inquisition would start soon. Without Bryan to run interference, she could ask whatever she wanted now.

"So, Wyatt," she began, "you and Bryan really want to get married."

"Yes, ma'—" he cut himself off and cleared his throat. "Yes, we do."

She scrutinized him a moment before she forced a smile. "I'm sorry. I just... I just need to be sure... You know, it's hard for a mother to let her son go off on his own like this. And, of course, I'd imagined him marrying—"

Wyatt saw the brief flicker of sadness on the tall woman's face. She had still expected that Bryan would marry a woman, of course. What mother didn't have dreams of their sons marrying a nice girl and having their grandchildren? For a moment, Wyatt's resolve wavered. Bryan had always admitted to being bi-sexual. It was still possible that he could find a nice girl, someone his mother would approve of.

But Bryan wants you, he told himself as he focused on the soft leather embracing his wrist.

"I understand how you must feel," Wyatt finally said. "I'm sure when he was young you imagined him with a nice girl and having kids when he grew up. But I love Bryan with all my heart."

He could see the hint of tears in the edges of her eyes, but she smiled and covered his hand with hers.

"And there's no reason we can't have a family of our own," he added, appealing to the hope for grandchildren.

"Of course not." She grinned, apparently pushing back her worries and fears about their relationship. "I'm sure the two of you will make great fathers." Her hand tightened over his. "I just had to be sure that you wanted this. That you had no doubts. Bryan means the world to me. I'd do anything to protect him."

Wyatt smiled back. "I understand. And I admit, I've had my doubts," he said softly. "I don't know if Bryan told you about my previous relationship..."

Carol frowned at him, sitting up straighter as she shook her head.

"Well, I thought I was in love before, but Darrin wasn't the nicest of guys, just wanted someone at his beck and call, someone he could control. He's still a bit of an as—uh, jerk," he amended quickly.

"I'm so sorry to hear that. I can understand why you might be a bit reluctant. It's okay, if you and Bryan want to wait a little longer. The manor will always be here for you when you're ready."

Wyatt chuckled. "It did surprise me a bit when he proposed this week, and I did wonder at the time if I was rushing into it. But I know I'm not. Bryan is everything to me, and I want to be there for him always."

He watched the gamut of emotions run across Carol's face as she held her hand to her mouth to control herself. "That is so sweet of you," she finally whispered. She wiped at her eyes quickly, pushing forth a cheery smile. "Well, now that all of that's out of the way... How about we plan a wedding?"

Wyatt chuckled at the abrupt mood change, causing Carol to burst into laughter as well. "Yeah, why don't we work on that?"

She picked up several folders that had been lying on the tablet next to her. "So here's what we can do..."

Wyatt smiled as they shoved aside their lunch dishes and she proceeded to show him several examples of previous weddings held at the manor. His head was spinning with all the information and suggestions, most of which he figured he'd concede to whatever she desired. It was her son after all. After a few minutes, she suddenly realized that their glasses were empty and rose, taking both their glasses to the kitchen to refill them. Wyatt almost laughed out loud at the look of horror on her face that she'd allowed her guest's glass to be left empty. She certainly reminded him of a typical southern matriarch.

After refreshing the beverages, Carol sat down ready to continue hashing out ideas from catering, to flowers, to music. Wyatt nodded a lot, sipping at the lemonade. It seemed a little sourer this time, but he wouldn't be surprised to find out that she'd just freshly squeezed the lemons when she'd gone in the kitchen. Over the next half hour, he found himself drinking just to avoid making an immediate decision. He'd nearly finished the second glass when she suggested they take a look at the various locations around the manor that would be optimal for holding the ceremony.

He followed her to the front hall, where the cacophony of a couple dozen talking children assaulted them. She grimaced. "Sorry, I forgot about the tour."

"No problem," he found himself wincing with the onslaught of a wave of nausea and a heated flush of dizziness. He eyed the children walking around, trying to shut out their noise as they blurred around him, as she pointed at the archway under the grand staircase.

"Well, anyway, some couples like to do it down here, framed by the double staircase," she said as she pointed. Then she point to the landing at the top between the two staircases. "Others like to stand up there and have their guests down here."

Wyatt nodded politely. It was lovely, but he wondered if she remembered their previous conversation where she'd mentioned using the gazebos outside. Of course, the abrupt nauseous feeling with really distracting him. "This is beautiful, but I think Bryan mentioned maybe using the gardens..."

"Oh, yes," she said, apparently suddenly remembering the conversation, and Wyatt vaguely wondered how much of the previous conversation had just been polite banter. Maybe she truly had thought a wedding wouldn't come to fruition. "Bryan always told me how much you like the great outdoors. Said you like to hike and camp, is that right?"

"Yes ma'am," Wyatt said before he could stop the ma'am from slipping out again. Fortunately, she didn't seem to notice this time because he stumbled slightly as they turned toward the doors. Damn it.

"Oh, honey, are you alright?" her soft voice called out.

"Yeah, yeah, sorry, I just..." he hesitated as a wave of dizziness washed over him. "I'm sorry. I think I'm just not feeling very well, right now."

"Oh," Carol looked at him sadly, "I'm so sorry. Can I get you anything?"

Wyatt shook his head which didn't help matters. Crap, it was probably something with the potato salad. Carol didn't look like she was feeling sick, but he'd barely eaten a couple bites. Of course, he could already have been infected with some bug before he even got here. It figures he'd ruin his future mother-in-laws plans with getting sick. Guess it was good he wasn't out on the trail when it hit him.

"No... I think I just need to get home now," he said, trying to keep his focus on the elegant woman in front of him. He fumbled in his pocket for his phone. "I just need to call a cab." Wait, he had a card somewhere...

"Oh, my dear, let me take care of that for you," Mrs. Foxgrove offered when she saw him struggling with working the phone. "Let's go back and let you lie down on the couch while you wait. I'll get you a cold rag or something."

Simon appeared next to them, but Wyatt couldn't really seem to focus on him. "Are you okay, sir? You look a little ill."

"He's not feeling well, Simon. I'm going to take him back to my place and call his cab. When it arrives, just have him pull around back."

"Of course."

"Come along, dear," she urged softly, obviously sensing his distress.

Wyatt smiled wanly at her, grateful for her help as she took his elbow and guided him back through the haze to the private living quarters. As soon as they were there, another wave of nausea swept over him. Wyatt groaned inwardly as he sank down on the couch. His future mother-in-law quickly closed the blinds for him, and Wyatt felt a pang of regret that he'd ruined the afternoon with her.

What the hell would she think of him now? That he was some weak, sickly guy her son needed to take care of? Damn it.

A cold rag pressed to his forehead, and she pressed two pills into his hand. "Here's some pain reliever. I called a cab, but maybe you should wait..."

"No, no, that's okay. I think I need to get home," he insisted, trying to fight the pain and dizziness warring in him. There was no way he wanted to stay here imposing on Bryan's mom any longer than he had to. And he'd be damned if he was going to vomit in front of her. God, he was so fucking embarrassed as it was. To have her playing nurse to him much longer would be mortifying.

"No problem, honey," she said. "You just sit tight, and I'll get you when the cab gets here."

"Thank you," he sighed. "I'm... so sorry... about this. I don't get... sick often. I don't know..."

He felt her patting the back of his hand softly, her voice seemed so far away. "Oh, don't you worry about it, dear. It happens to everyone. Just rest for a few minutes and I'm sure you'll feel better soon."

"Thank you," he said again, feeling his head buzzing. Maybe he could just close his eyes and rest for a few minutes.

Copyright © 2015 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 30
  • Wow 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Administrator

I had a feeling it was going to be Bryan's mother that was the reason for his disappearance. It seems she really is a mite overprotective. Poor Wyatt and Bryan. I hope it isn't too long before they're reunited, but I have a bad feeling that it will be. Great chapter, CM.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I don't want to think I'm right, but I'm suspicious of Bryan's mother. I just can't shake the feeling that something she did (on purpose) is behind his sudden illness. I hope for both Bryan and Wyatt's sake, I am wrong.
On a happier note, I loved seeing (in my mind's eye, of course) Wyatt's students come to his defence during the altercation with Darrin.

Link to comment

Oh dear, I guess mom meant it when she said she'd do anything to protect her son. But really? Poor Wyatt can't catch a break between this and Darrin. Bryan will probably think it's Darrin....good stuff!

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

I was feeling a little bad about suspecting Carol of slipping Wyatt a mickey until I saw everyone else was thinking the same. Poor Wyatt and poor Bryan too. What a bad way to plan a wedding.

Link to comment

Uh-oh! Does Mommie dearest have plans for Wyatt? Her knowing about his slimy ex could serve her well. But I guess we'll have to wait for the next chapter to know...

Link to comment

Oh my goodness! I think Bryan's mum definitely has something to do with his disappearance. But I also think Darrin is going to be the one everyone is suspicious of!
Can't wait to see what happens next!

Link to comment
On 08/10/2015 11:45 AM, Valkyrie said:

I had a feeling it was going to be Bryan's mother that was the reason for his disappearance. It seems she really is a mite overprotective. Poor Wyatt and Bryan. I hope it isn't too long before they're reunited, but I have a bad feeling that it will be. Great chapter, CM.

I can see Bryan's mother has become number one suspect now, hehe.

Link to comment
On 08/10/2015 11:55 AM, Reader1810 said:

I don't want to think I'm right, but I'm suspicious of Bryan's mother. I just can't shake the feeling that something she did (on purpose) is behind his sudden illness. I hope for both Bryan and Wyatt's sake, I am wrong.

On a happier note, I loved seeing (in my mind's eye, of course) Wyatt's students come to his defence during the altercation with Darrin.

I'm glad you enjoyed Wyatt's students jumping in. I like to think that teens would be a little protective over their favorite teachers.

Link to comment
On 08/10/2015 12:33 PM, Defiance19 said:

Oh dear, I guess mom meant it when she said she'd do anything to protect her son. But really? Poor Wyatt can't catch a break between this and Darrin. Bryan will probably think it's Darrin....good stuff!

Thank you! Darrin is definitely suspect number one.

Link to comment
On 08/10/2015 12:57 PM, drpaladin said:

I was feeling a little bad about suspecting Carol of slipping Wyatt a mickey until I saw everyone else was thinking the same. Poor Wyatt and poor Bryan too. What a bad way to plan a wedding.

Yep, you are not alone in suspecting Carol, especially since he's feeling ill after meeting with her.

Link to comment
On 08/10/2015 07:39 PM, Puppilull said:

Uh-oh! Does Mommie dearest have plans for Wyatt? Her knowing about his slimy ex could serve her well. But I guess we'll have to wait for the next chapter to know...

Well, we do know mom doesn't care much for her son's relationship with another man. And knowing about Darrin can certainly be used in her favor.

Link to comment
On 08/10/2015 08:39 PM, Kjamieson said:

Oh my goodness! I think Bryan's mum definitely has something to do with his disappearance. But I also think Darrin is going to be the one everyone is suspicious of!

Can't wait to see what happens next!

:) Everyone will definitely be suspicious of Darrin...

Link to comment
On 08/11/2015 06:38 AM, flamingo136 said:

Rut Ro.....the plot thickens......great chapter !!!!!! :) Mike

Yep, it just gets more intense from here... :)

Link to comment

Nicely done chapter! And, like everyone else, loved the protective students, as suspect mother-in-law of a nasty setup! But, with Simon there, how can she get him out of the house--unless he's in on the plan? And is Darrin plotting with her?
what a well done chapter?...now, where's the next one? (Grin)

Link to comment
On 08/12/2015 07:30 AM, Robert Rex said:

Nicely done chapter! And, like everyone else, loved the protective students, as suspect mother-in-law of a nasty setup! But, with Simon there, how can she get him out of the house--unless he's in on the plan? And is Darrin plotting with her?

what a well done chapter?...now, where's the next one? (Grin)

Very good questions! and actually, I'm thinking of posting the next chapter early...

Link to comment

Oh, dear. It looks like the bottom just dropped out on poor Wyatt. Life goes from wonderful with petty annoyances to straight down the dark funnel hereafter? This seemed like a particularly good chapter, and left me understanding more than earlier - at least, if the conclusions I jumped to are correct. And if I were Bryan, I would be freaking out very soon.

Link to comment
On 08/14/2015 04:33 AM, Parker Owens said:

Oh, dear. It looks like the bottom just dropped out on poor Wyatt. Life goes from wonderful with petty annoyances to straight down the dark funnel hereafter? This seemed like a particularly good chapter, and left me understanding more than earlier - at least, if the conclusions I jumped to are correct. And if I were Bryan, I would be freaking out very soon.

Good timing, I just posted the next chapter! So you can see what Bryan thinks! Things are going to start moving a bit, with different POVs popping in as well.

Link to comment

I must tell you Mom, I had anxiety throughout this chapter. A red flag went up when Mommy Dearest practically ran in the kitchen to refill the "lemonade". Poison lemonade no doubt. I was actually waiting for the line when Wyatt wasn't feeling well.

 

What a BITCH!!!! :devil:

 

Ok, now I need to review the next chapter (read them both late last night on my phone. lol). :)

Link to comment
On 08/15/2015 01:59 AM, Lisa said:

I must tell you Mom, I had anxiety throughout this chapter. A red flag went up when Mommy Dearest practically ran in the kitchen to refill the "lemonade". Poison lemonade no doubt. I was actually waiting for the line when Wyatt wasn't feeling well.

 

What a BITCH!!!! :devil:

 

Ok, now I need to review the next chapter (read them both late last night on my phone. lol). :)

hehe, guess either it was pretty transparent or you guys just know me so well...:)

Link to comment

Brilliant chapter!

 

Those teenagers are just wonderful, they clearly care a lot about their Mr. Kinnon :boy:
And Carol clearly hates the idea of her son marrying an other man, but going as far as poisoning Wyatt, that's horrible. She's probably found Darrin and they have planned this together :huh: Poor Wyatt :/

Link to comment
On 10/09/2015 02:34 AM, Suvitar said:

Brilliant chapter!

 

Those teenagers are just wonderful, they clearly care a lot about their Mr. Kinnon :boy:

And Carol clearly hates the idea of her son marrying an other man, but going as far as poisoning Wyatt, that's horrible. She's probably found Darrin and they have planned this together :huh: Poor Wyatt :/

hehe, so now you know why she wanted to talk to Wyatt without bryan...:)

Link to comment

Omg! She put something in his drink! That hag! I've been worried about the mom since the beginning. Something just seems off about her. Xoxo Robin

Link to comment
On 03/05/2017 12:42 AM, Rambling Robin said:

Omg! She put something in his drink! That hag! I've been worried about the mom since the beginning. Something just seems off about her. Xoxo Robin

She definitely doesn't care for her son having a relationship :)

Link to comment

I knew it !!! Mommy is anything BUT a wonderful mother..She drugged the lemonade !! And just what were those pills she gave him ? She is a possessive,crazy psychopath who will do anything to keep her son from being with a man..Maybe a women too if she thought she was losing control..As much as I think Darrin is an asshole.he is going to be the first one blamed and this time he's innocent.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..