Jump to content
    craftingmom
  • Author
  • 2,937 Words
  • 3,571 Views
  • 25 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Lie of the Serpent - 19. Chapter 19

Chapter 19

 

"What did you do, mom?"

Bryan's pulse hammered in his throat. He'd known his mom was a bit zealous about her ideas of the perfect family. He'd heard dad fight with her about her desire to put Eddie in a home even when he was younger. Fortunately, his dad had won those fights, refusing to let his son go. She'd always seemed a bit embarrassed whenever Dad wanted to take everyone to the zoo or the movies or even just the mall. Eddie's innocent, childlike reactions to things that dad found endearing and Bryan found fun, usually mortified his mom.

But he'd never realized her delusions of perfection had become so encapsulated around him. Yes, he'd tried to be a good son, headed off to college, got a degree—all within his mom and dad's hopes and dreams. But he'd always believed they would encourage him no matter what he choose to do. His father had. But his mom... she'd been more vocal about hoping he picked the 'right' college, a good job, a sweet girl.

He just never dreamed her figment of perfection might include his love life. He'd known she wasn't particularly thrilled with him when he'd told her he was in love with a man, but this...this was something else entirely.

And suddenly every flash of conversation where she'd tried to comfort him, to tell him it would be alright, that she'd help him get through Wyatt's absence in his life—all of it hit him like a ton of bricks. She'd watched him cry, grieve, hurt, and she'd known all along what had happened to his love.

"Oh, fuck," he breathed when she just stared at him, her lips pressed in a tight line.

He backed up, turning for the stairs. "Eddie. Eddie will tell me. I can't fucking believe you dragged him into whatever you—" The words choked off in his throat, tears nearly blinding him as they flooded forth. "Eddie!" he yelled up the stairs.

"Out! Just get out of my house. You're not welcome here anymore!" his mother snapped, waving the blade frantically at him and pointing at the door.

"I'm not leaving without my brother," Bryan snarled. "I know you picked him up this morning. Dr. Neely told me."

His mother faltered. "He's my son! He's not going anywhere with you."

Bryan rolled his eyes at her, ignoring her words as he shouted up the stairs again. "Hey, Eddie, come on down, buddy! It's Bryan! I want—"

A crashing sound behind his mother caused both of them to jump as the pantry door slammed open.

Bryan froze, his eyes widening in shock at the sight of his huge brother stumbling out of the pantry among falling bottles, cans, and shattering jars.

"Oh my God!" Sarah's voice reverberated from somewhere behind him. He wasn't even aware of the sirens swarming closer.

His brother stood there, his blue eyes wide with fear and worry, tears streaking down his face. A blanketed figure was clutched in his powerful arms.

"How did you—? He was locked..." his mother stammered in shock.

"Bryan needs Wyatt. Wyatt needs help. You not help. So I help."

Wyatt.

OH. FUCK. Bryan's heart jerked as he took in his lover's limp form curled into his brothers chest. He could see blond strands and the pale edge of Wyatt's jaw peeking out from the blanket.

He finally managed to make his legs move and stepped jerkily forwards.

"Eddie's sorry," his brother gushed at him.

"NO!!!" his mother screamed at the same time, lurching toward Eddie.

Bryan couldn't seem to move fast enough. It seemed like his legs were stuck in concrete as he noticed his mother lunging toward his older brother and fiancé—with a knife in her hand.

"No! Mom!" he screamed, diving forward as fast as he could.

He wasn't even aware of doors around the house crashing open, or the shouts of police officers, or any of the other chaos erupting around him—all he saw was his mother aiming a knife at the two people he loved most in this world.

His brother's eyes widened as his mother swung a knife toward the man in his arms. Eddie instinctively jerked up the arm cradling Wyatt's head, causing his huge protruding elbow to slam into his mother's face, as he protected his bundle. Eddie cried out, staggering back into the wall, as his mother's flailing body caused the knife to slice into his arm.

Bryan barreled forward, slamming in between Eddie and his mother, shoving her backwards. She reeled, as she stared at him in shock, trying to regain her balance. She stumbled into the wreckage of the pantry behind her, her feet slipping in the mess of shattered jars on the floor.

In the next second, Bryan realized the basement door was open and she was about to fall backwards, down the stairs he'd thought had been closed off forever.

"Shit!" He reached for her, sliding in the sticky mess on the floor. He tried to catch her as a box of mac & cheese slid out from under her foot and she disappeared into the darkness.

He heard her cry out as she tumbled. Then there was silence. Bryan felt his stomach heave as he stared down the steps to the crumpled figure of his mother, but heavy breathing and crying behind him dragged him back. He whirled to find Eddie sliding down the wall with Wyatt protectively curled against him.

"Put him down and back away!" an officer shouted.

"NO!" Bryan yelled, holding out his hand as he turned to see several officers with their guns drawn on his brother. "Stop! Eddie didn't do anything! He's just protecting Wyatt."

Bryan dropped to his knees in front of his brother, effectively blocking the officers. He vaguely heard orders being issued behind him. Sgt. Woods's voice boomed over everyone, sending officers down after his mother, and demanding paramedics. But Bryan only heard it all behind him in a buzz, his focus on the tearful face of his brother and the limp form clutched in his arms.

"Eddie? It's me, Bryan," he coaxed, his hand reaching for the blanket, urging his brother to release his protective grip.

"Mama said you needed Wyatt away to be happy," Eddie rushed, his voice rough with emotion. "Said she'd take care of him 'til she took him to his home in the woods. I... didn't know she..."

Bryan's hand tightened on Eddie's forearm as the words hit him. "It's okay, Eddie, she lied to us both. I know you didn't know what she was doing."

"I love Bryan. I want Bryan to be happy."

"Oh, God, Eddie. You have made me so happy," Bryan cried, pulling his brother's arm back. "You gave me Wyatt back. If it wasn't for you..."

Eddie frowned deeply, his forehead etched with sadness as he loosened his arms, Wyatt's head rolling back on his arm. Bryan gasped as his lover's pale face and bare chest were exposed.

"Think maybe mama didn't want Wyatt to come back to make you happy," Eddie said. "She made him sick."

"Oh, god," Bryan breathed, tears streaming down his face as he reached out to brush Wyatt's jaw. Fuck, he didn't even seem like he was breathing. And he was so cold.

"Bryan," a new voice interrupted, "let the paramedics in."

Bryan almost protested when Sgt. Woods pulled him back out of the way. Several EMTs dropped to the floor next to Eddie, gently coaxing his brother to release his hold. Bryan could only watch helplessly as Eddie handed over his fiancé to the medics, who carefully unwrapped the blanket.

He heard Sgt. Woods curse next to him as Wyatt's thin, dehydrated body was revealed. He cringed, his stomach wanted to rebel as he noticed his lover was practically naked, his mother having left him in only his boxers. He took in the scabbed over wound on Wyatt's shoulder, the way his lover's ribs and hips protruded...The clanking on the floor drew his attention to Wyatt's leg...

"Oh, shit..." he turned, glad the sink was nearby, because he heaved his breakfast into it. He felt a hand on his back, turning to see Sarah looking as green as he did.

Bryan didn't know half of what the paramedics were saying, but he understood their increasing worry as their voices became sharper, more alarmed.

A portable oxygen mask was strapped over Wyatt's face as a stretcher was dropped next to him. Bryan lurched forward to follow, but Sgt. Woods held him back. "Give them room, Bryan. You can meet them at the hospital."

He stared helplessly as his fiancé was rushed out the door with the medics yelling out stats. Bryan had the urge to rush out after them, but a heavy sobbing broke into his panic-fogged brain.

Eddie.

He turned to see his older brother, huddled against the wall, a paramedic attempting to clean and bandage his arm. But Eddie had his face buried in his hands, crying. Bryan's heart broke; he'd seen his brother like this many times growing up, when Eddie had gotten in trouble or thought he'd done something wrong.

He dropped back to the floor. The paramedic silently pleaded for Bryan's help in getting Eddie to let him look over his arm. Bryan pulled at Eddie's wrists gently.

"Eddie, come on bro," Bryan urged. "We need to let this man fix up your arm, okay?"

"No, Eddie deserves to hurt. Because Wyatt and Bryan hurt."

"No, no, Eddie. You helped Wyatt and me." Bryan smiled as widely as he could. "You're my hero, bro! I love you."

Eddie looked up at him in stunned wonder. "But—"

"But nothing!" Bryan cut him off, nodding to the paramedic as Eddie loosened his arm and let it be manipulated by the man. Bryan leaned forward and tugged Eddie into a tight hug. He felt Eddie's free arm wrap around him, and Bryan buried his face in his older brother's neck.

"God, Eddie, I'm so sorry," he breathed.

"Why Bryan sorry?" Eddie asked.

Bryan choked. "Mom should never have used you like she did. I should have protected you better. It's my fault I didn't see what she—"

"Why did mama not like Wyatt? Didn't he make you happy?" Bryan could see Eddie still trying to puzzle out all that had happened. Honestly, he would probably never really understand because the fact that one person could intentionally hurt another like his mom had done to Wyatt wasn't something Eddie comprehended.

"Mom was sick, Eddie." It was all Bryan could think of to explain it. "She needs help."

They both glanced toward the pantry where their mother had fallen into the darkness of the basement. Several officers and medics were coming and going. Bryan realized that he hadn't seen or heard his mother coming up the stairs, and he remembered the image of her crumpled body at the bottom. His breath hitched.

He turned to find Sgt. Woods and Officer Lettman coming back up the stairs.

He looked up at them. "I...I killed her. Didn't I?"

Woods frowned down at him. "No, Bryan. You saved your brother and fiancé from a very unstable person."

His blue eyes gazed toward the dark opening at the back of the pantry. "But... but... she's dead, isn't she? I saw how she was laying..."

Sgt. Woods nodded solemnly. "Yes. She broke her neck."

Bryan breathed heavily. "So I did kill her."

"No," Woods insisted. "We all saw what happened as we came in..."

"Which reminds me, Ms. Demchik," Lettman turned to Sarah standing in numb silence behind them, "can I please have the phone you were videoing with?"

Bryan watched his friend drop a phone that looked suspiciously like his own into Officer Lettman's gloved hand, who placed it in a tagged bag.

Woods smirked at Sarah before he continued. "Carol Foxgrove attacked your brother, was aiming to stab your fiancé. You protected them when you shoved her away from them. It is not your fault she slipped and fell on the mess of sauces, cans and boxes on the floor."

"But—"

"Bryan! She tried to kill Wyatt!" Sarah snapped at him. "She stabbed your brother!"

"But I didn't want—"

Sgt. Woods squatted down in front of him, a heavy hand resting on his shoulder. "I understand how you feel. It's okay to be upset, but you can't blame yourself."

At that moment, paramedics appeared on the stairs, lugging a stretcher behind them. Bryan's fingers involuntarily clenched into his brother's shoulder as he noted the black vinyl bag strapped to the gurney. Fresh tears dripped down Bryan's cheeks.

His mother was dead.

He felt Eddie's large hand on his cheek, and Bryan saw the questioning look in his brother's face. "Mama punish Eddie now? For not listening?" Eddie's eyes shot to the basement. "Please no time out."

Fuck. Bryan heaved in a deep breath. "No, Eddie. No one's going to punish you." But then he wondered if the police would arrest Eddie for his part in Wyatt's abduction, and he cast his eyes back questioningly at Sgt. Woods. The officer shook his head, and Bryan sighed in relief.

A couple more officers ascended the stairs, walking over to their sergeant. "The floor seems to be extremely wet and there was a pitcher sitting down there. Kinda looks like water was poured over the floor, which is odd. There's a bucket that looks like it—"

The man cut himself off, glancing warily at the civilians listening carefully. "Oh, uh, do you want me to wait—"

Bryan thought for a moment Sgt. Woods was going to deny him being able to listen in, but finally the man just shook his head. "No, go on. They'll hear it soon enough anyway."

"Okay. Well, the bucket looks like it was used for..." the officer shifted uncomfortably under Bryan's narrowed gaze. "You know, wastes. We think the suspect provided it for Kinnon to relieve himself, but it was mostly filled with blood and mucus. We think maybe, towards the end, he didn't need it for... it's original purpose... and—"

Sarah hissed and turned, holding her hand over her mouth again, and Bryan cursed under his breath.

"Yes," Woods agreed with his officer's assessment. "The medics seemed to think Kinnon might have pneumonia. He'd probably been coughing pretty badly."

"Yes," Eddie agreed. "He coughed. I told mama he's sick. She didn't care."

Bryan tightened his hold on Eddie reassuringly. "That's why you did so good Eddie. Wyatt needed your help."

The officer continued. "We also found a hole in the floor, looked like something had been recently pulled out."

Sgt. Woods's brows furrowed thoughtfully. "Kinnon had a chain around his ankle with a spike at the end, but I don't think Kinnon could have—"

"Eddie pulled it out," Bryan heard his brother declare.

Bryan felt the air rush out of his lungs. The chain. He'd forgotten about the chain in his worry over Wyatt's chilled, naked body. His mother had fucking chained his fiancé to the basement floor?! A wet floor!

"Oh, my God," he breathed, his head falling to his brother's shoulder.

Eddie's heavy hand patted his back comfortingly. "It okay. It was much looser now than before. Eddie stronger now."

Bryan's head shot up in horror as the words sunk in, and he sensed the officers change in attention. His brother was beaming at him proudly.

"W-what do you mean 'now'? Have you seen...it... before?"

"Yes, when Eddie in time out."

Oh, my God. Bryan nearly collapsed, he felt his breathing hitch, and his brain raced.

"Oh, shit," someone hissed out behind him.

"E-Eddie... did mom... put you...?" Bryan couldn't even finish what he was saying. His empty stomach lurched again as images of a younger Eddie chained to the basement floor assaulted him.

When his sweet brother nodded, Bryan felt the room tilt.

"Yes, in time out," Eddie stated, but then abruptly caved in on himself as if someone had reprimanded him. "But... mama always said not to tell. Papa would be mad..."

Shit. Shit. Shit. Bryan lurched to his feet as if he'd been slapped. "Oh, God... I... I can't believe..." he stammered. "How could she--?" He jerked to a halt. Wait. Time out? When Bryan had visited, Eddie had said Wyatt was in—"

"Fuck!" he snapped, his hands raking through his hair in frustration, causing Eddie and Sarah to both flinch at his sudden outburst.

"Bryan..." Sgt. Woods started, but Bryan ignored him as he turned back to his brother.

He forced himself to calm down, to not scare his brother. "Eddie, when I visited you this week, you said... you said mom... you told me... Wyatt was... in time out..." Bryan couldn't even get out the words. Three fucking days ago. Eddie had basically told him Three. Fucking. Days. Ago. where Wyatt was.

Oh...God... the room blurred... His love... his Wyatt... He'd let Wyatt suffer... fuck, he couldn't breathe... He'd fucking been here, talking to his mom... while Wyatt had lain naked on the floor... under him...

"Bryan!" Sarah's voice? Maybe... it was hard to tell... voices were muddied around him.

Wyatt... He had to find Wyatt...

Several voices shouted suddenly, including his brother's, but he couldn't figure out why as the edges of his vision darkened. He felt his body lurching as he grabbed for the counter to steady himself.

"Bryan—"

Wy...

               

Yay! Eddie to the rescue, like several of you guessed! And yeah, well, MD had to go somehow... Hope you all enjoyed the major part of the rescue. Still a little more to go... :)
Copyright © 2015 craftingmom; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 29
  • Wow 1
  • Angry 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

  • Site Moderator

Great chapter. What is better than a deranged southern matriarch with a knife? The guilty one has been punished albeit much too mercifully than she deserved. The true long lived horror that has lain hidden his entire life has just been exposed to Bryan and he is in shock from it all. I think we have some more to go yet in those hidden lies.

 

Eddie is a real hero. He came bursting through that pantry like the superman he is. Wyatt was brought out of the basement much more dead than alive. I suspect it will be touch and go whether he survives He needs to survive. He has a wedding to go to.

Link to comment

Red Letter Day. And not for the blood and all that. No, today, we get a rescued Wyatt, which is the best think I've clicked on in a long time. It's been very hard all these weeks watching a character we like hurting like that. So, thanks very much for this chapter. Poor Eddie and Bryan. They have to cope with some serious emotional injury now, and while they may look more or less put together on the outside, it could take a long time for them to heal on the inside. And once Wyatt recovers, I'm afraid he'll have a very, very hard time trusting Bryan - or anyone - ever again. Perhaps the wedding will be put off...indefinitely. Oh, dear.

Link to comment

Sweet, gentle Eddie! Not so clueless after all. Poor Bryan feeling all that guilt, both for not getting the clues right now and also for missing what was happening when they were young. And yes, MD is probably better off dead...

Link to comment

Brilliantly written chapter...just made the emotions run the gammit...tears, anger, happiness, shock, love, anxious....you hit them all!!! :2thumbs::heart:

Link to comment

At Last! Or is it Ding Dong.. MD is no more.

 

Eddie is indeed the hero here, as is Sarah, who has it all on video.
I feel for Bryan, who finally realizes how many clues he missed, the scope of his mother's evil, and how far back it reached. Of course he passed out, who could even begin to fathom all of that.
Now to deal with the aftermath. The emotional repercussions for Wyatt, Bryan and Eddie are going to be huge.

Link to comment

Excellent. I was worried that Mama might hurt Eddie so I'm relieved that he's okay. Eddie may be mentally challenged but he's not stupid, he knew what needed to be done and he did it. And Mama really did need to die. Those three men need to recover in peace, they don't need that reminder hanging around in jail or an institution. Slipping on a box of macaroni and cheese to die in the basement where she tortured others was a perfect way for her to go.

I actually think the boys will all be able to trust each other even more now. Wyatt knows that Eddie wasn't the one who did this and that Bryan was looking for him the entire time. Bryan knows that Eddie wasn't the one who did this and that Wyatt didn't leave him voluntarily. Eddie knows that Mama hurt Bryan and Wyatt, and all he wants is for Bryan to be happy. Now Bryan can be, thanks to Eddie. Bryan will have to deal with some major guilt: not only did he inadventantly kill his mother, but even more, he never realized how his mother had treated Eddie. Personally, I think his concern for Eddie will outweigh any lingering guilt over Mama.

Link to comment
  • Site Administrator

Ding dong the bitch is dead... I can't say I'm sorry to see her go. I hope Wyatt makes a full recovery and Eddie gets help to deal with the abuse he suffered at MD's hands. I've been wondering about Bryan's father's accident and if it was truly an 'accident' or more of MD's handiwork. Anyway...great chapter. I look forward to the next chapter.

Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

So happy to see MD get her just desserts! It is poetic justice, I think, that she met her end in that basement. My hope is that she is stuck there for eternity - going to Hell is to good for her. :angry:
Eddie, such a sweet soul, it is so awful what MD put him through.
Bryan, Wyatt, and Eddie have a long road ahead of them as they deal with the aftermath of MD's treachery. I think the fallout will be immense and their journeys will be different and yet, they will be the same. One thing I am sure of, they will be there for each other. :yes:
With MD dead, some questions may go unanswered...Like did "Papa" really die by accident?
Awesome chapter CM. Thank you!

Link to comment

Yay for Eddie - boo for MD. Unlike all your other readers, I didn't want Mommy Dearest dead! I wanted her to suffer! In the big house! With Big Mama as her cellmate! :D

 

Seriously though, I definitely would have liked to see MD suffer. Torture would have been good. But at least she can't hurt anyone anymore.

 

Poor Eddie. He had to go his whole life being put in a damp, moldy basement CHAINED to a fucking bed or whatever it was he was chained to.

 

What a wicked witch/bitch (thank you Val and Defiance! :D). How can one person have so much hate inside them that they would do things like this to their own flesh and blood?

 

Excellent, nail-biting chapter, Mom! :)

 

Now on to your A&M shorts. =)

Link to comment
On 09/24/2015 11:47 PM, drpaladin said:

Great chapter. What is better than a deranged southern matriarch with a knife? The guilty one has been punished albeit much too mercifully than she deserved. The true long lived horror that has lain hidden his entire life has just been exposed to Bryan and he is in shock from it all. I think we have some more to go yet in those hidden lies.

 

Eddie is a real hero. He came bursting through that pantry like the superman he is. Wyatt was brought out of the basement much more dead than alive. I suspect it will be touch and go whether he survives He needs to survive. He has a wedding to go to.

Wyatt is definitely still just hanging in, so there's certainly more to go. I'm glad you enjoyed the confrontation with MD!

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 11:48 AM, Lisa said:

Yay for Eddie - boo for MD. Unlike all your other readers, I didn't want Mommy Dearest dead! I wanted her to suffer! In the big house! With Big Mama as her cellmate! :D

 

Seriously though, I definitely would have liked to see MD suffer. Torture would have been good. But at least she can't hurt anyone anymore.

 

Poor Eddie. He had to go his whole life being put in a damp, moldy basement CHAINED to a fucking bed or whatever it was he was chained to.

 

What a wicked witch/bitch (thank you Val and Defiance! :D). How can one person have so much hate inside them that they would do things like this to their own flesh and blood?

 

Excellent, nail-biting chapter, Mom! :)

 

Now on to your A&M shorts. =)

Hehe, I can see wanting her to suffer more. I think her dying at Bryan's hands, so to speak, is rather ironic since she was 'doing it for him'. So glad you enjoyed it!

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 10:13 AM, Reader1810 said:

So happy to see MD get her just desserts! It is poetic justice, I think, that she met her end in that basement. My hope is that she is stuck there for eternity - going to Hell is to good for her. :angry:

Eddie, such a sweet soul, it is so awful what MD put him through.

Bryan, Wyatt, and Eddie have a long road ahead of them as they deal with the aftermath of MD's treachery. I think the fallout will be immense and their journeys will be different and yet, they will be the same. One thing I am sure of, they will be there for each other. :yes:

With MD dead, some questions may go unanswered...Like did "Papa" really die by accident?

Awesome chapter CM. Thank you!

Yes, most definitely her dying where she caused others so much pain is poetic justice. They do have some healing to do, which is why we have a few more chapters even though Wyatt has been 'rescued'. Thanks so much for reading and reviewing!

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 04:52 AM, Valkyrie said:

Ding dong the bitch is dead... I can't say I'm sorry to see her go. I hope Wyatt makes a full recovery and Eddie gets help to deal with the abuse he suffered at MD's hands. I've been wondering about Bryan's father's accident and if it was truly an 'accident' or more of MD's handiwork. Anyway...great chapter. I look forward to the next chapter.

Now I'm singing that song in my head :)

I've been trying to figure out how to deal with Bryan's father's death. I think it's going to have to be one of those things that's a suspicion, but can't be proven...

Thanks so much for reading and reviewing!

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 04:29 AM, revelinblue said:

Excellent. I was worried that Mama might hurt Eddie so I'm relieved that he's okay. Eddie may be mentally challenged but he's not stupid, he knew what needed to be done and he did it. And Mama really did need to die. Those three men need to recover in peace, they don't need that reminder hanging around in jail or an institution. Slipping on a box of macaroni and cheese to die in the basement where she tortured others was a perfect way for her to go.

 

I actually think the boys will all be able to trust each other even more now. Wyatt knows that Eddie wasn't the one who did this and that Bryan was looking for him the entire time. Bryan knows that Eddie wasn't the one who did this and that Wyatt didn't leave him voluntarily. Eddie knows that Mama hurt Bryan and Wyatt, and all he wants is for Bryan to be happy. Now Bryan can be, thanks to Eddie. Bryan will have to deal with some major guilt: not only did he inadventantly kill his mother, but even more, he never realized how his mother had treated Eddie. Personally, I think his concern for Eddie will outweigh any lingering guilt over Mama.

:) You are absolutely right. Bryan is actually the one who would probably have the most trouble, especially with his guilt. But he does have Wyatt and Eddie to be more concerned with now. Thank you so very much for reading and reviewing! I'm so glad you are enjoying the story!

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 02:12 AM, Defiance19 said:

At Last! Or is it Ding Dong.. MD is no more.

 

Eddie is indeed the hero here, as is Sarah, who has it all on video.

I feel for Bryan, who finally realizes how many clues he missed, the scope of his mother's evil, and how far back it reached. Of course he passed out, who could even begin to fathom all of that.

Now to deal with the aftermath. The emotional repercussions for Wyatt, Bryan and Eddie are going to be huge.

Yes, Eddie is the hero! As many of you suspected he would be. :)

There is still a bit of recovery to go, especially for Bryan who is burdened with guilt, which is why there is still a few more chapters to go.

Glad you enjoyed MD demise and Wyatt's rescue!

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 01:14 AM, Onim said:

Brilliantly written chapter...just made the emotions run the gammit...tears, anger, happiness, shock, love, anxious....you hit them all!!! :2thumbs::heart:

Thank you, thank you. :)

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 12:59 AM, Puppilull said:

Sweet, gentle Eddie! Not so clueless after all. Poor Bryan feeling all that guilt, both for not getting the clues right now and also for missing what was happening when they were young. And yes, MD is probably better off dead...

Glad you enjoyed Eddie's role in Wyatt's rescue! Bryan will definitely be reeling from guilt, but I think it will help that MD is dead and not lingering around even from prison.

Link to comment
On 09/25/2015 12:06 AM, Parker Owens said:

Red Letter Day. And not for the blood and all that. No, today, we get a rescued Wyatt, which is the best think I've clicked on in a long time. It's been very hard all these weeks watching a character we like hurting like that. So, thanks very much for this chapter. Poor Eddie and Bryan. They have to cope with some serious emotional injury now, and while they may look more or less put together on the outside, it could take a long time for them to heal on the inside. And once Wyatt recovers, I'm afraid he'll have a very, very hard time trusting Bryan - or anyone - ever again. Perhaps the wedding will be put off...indefinitely. Oh, dear.

:D So glad you enjoyed Wyatt's rescue! I know many were awaiting this day with great anticipation. There's still some healing and recovery that needs to happen, especially with Bryan and his guilt. So stay tuned!

Link to comment

I'm glad Carol is dead, it'll be easier for Eddie to get over this all. No wonder Bryan collapsed, he hasn't been eating or sleeping properly since Wyatt went missing. Wyatt will need a long time to recover from this ordeal, and so will Bryan.

Link to comment
On 10/10/2015 03:01 AM, Suvitar said:

I'm glad Carol is dead, it'll be easier for Eddie to get over this all. No wonder Bryan collapsed, he hasn't been eating or sleeping properly since Wyatt went missing. Wyatt will need a long time to recover from this ordeal, and so will Bryan.

Yes, there was no way the emotional and physical toll of the week and the confrontation wasn't going to affect Bryan. He was at his limits before he even walked in.

Link to comment

Yes !!! Eddie is a hero..Mommy Dearest got off way to easy..But at the same time the song The Wicked Witch Is Dead from the movie The Wizard Of Oz popped in my head..I think Bryan now realizing how she even treated Eddie when he was just a child has driven home just how evil she really was and now his emotions have gone into overload..I'm ready for a HEA now or at least I hope for one..

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..