Jump to content
    Dans La Nuit
  • Author
  • 2,053 Words
  • 1,302 Views
  • 0 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Starcrossed - 19. Chapter 19

When I got back from taking Billy home, Brody was in the kitchen snacking on whatever he snacks on between lunch and dinner. I walked over to him and we just silently stared at each other.

“So, what do you think of Billy?” I asked.

“He’s okay.” said Justin, still crunching on caramel popcorn.

“Just okay?”

“Okay, he’s pretty cool, I guess. It’s just weird to see you with him.”

“It’s not like I’ve had a plethora of girlfriends in the past and when I did have them, I never brought them home.”

“Okay, I see your point, but it’s still weird to see you two…together together, if you know what I mean.”

“Yeah, it was a bit weird for me too, at first. But…it feels right.”

“So, are you going to tell dad?”

“No!” I exclaimed. “Are you crazy?!”

“Come on. He our dad. He deserves to know.”

“I think I’ll just wait until I move out; when it’s safe.” I said.

“Do you really think that dad would be violent?”

“I don’t think. I know.” I said.

Just then, my phone vibrated in my pocket. I took it out and my entire body lit up when I saw Billy’s name light up the screen.

“Let me guess.” said Justin. I smiled and Justin rolled his eyes. “Didn’t you just see each other?”

I left to answer. “What’s up?”

Billy told me that he told his dad about New York. His dad wanted to celebrate by taking everyone out for dinner. This included Ace and Kendra. I asked if Justin could come and had to wait a few minutes while Billy asked his dad. It seemed like Billy had to negotiate a bit with his dad to let Justin go, and I felt really guilty for asking, but Billy said it was okay.

“But, mom’s gonna be here in a minute. She won’t like coming home to an empty house.” said Justin.

“We’ll leave her a note.” said Ryan.

Justin shook his head and agreed. I knew he wouldn’t be able to say no to a free meal. So, we changed into dinner clothes and wrote my mom a note. Then, I drove us over to Billy’s house. The front had two cars parked already; Ace’s and Kendra’s.

“Who are we having this dinner with?” asked Justin before we got off my truck.

“Well…Billy and his dad and his friends Ace and Kendra. They’re all like family.” I said.

“Cool, let’s go.”

We walked to Billy’s front door and Billy let us in. I introduced Justin to Mr. Snow and Ace and Kendra. Mr. Snow announced that we were going to an Italian restaurant called Gino’s. It’s Billy’s favorite restaurant.

When we went to get into the cars to leave, Justin and I went with Billy and Mr. Snow and Ace and Kendra rode in Ace’s car. Justin sat in the front of Mr. Snow’s car and I sat in the back seat with Billy.

We got to the restaurant and were seated almost immediately. I sat next to Billy who was at the end of the table. I sat on his left. Ace sat on his right, or across from me with Kendra right next to him. Justin was next to me, across from Kendra. Mr. Snow sat at the other end of the table.

The waitress came to take our drink orders. There was different types of sodas all around the table. The waitress had them at the table within the next five minutes. We looked at our menus and threw ideas of what we might order at each other. We all finally decided on what to order and the waitress took our orders. After she left, Mr. Snow got up to make a toast.

“Okay, this is to Billy and Ryan and to their amazing performance in Romeo and Juliet that got them invited to repeat the performance along side a professional theater company in New York City. And to Ryan and Billy, the best couple I know.”

I blushed and bit as I held Billy’s hand. Everyone clinked their glasses together and took sips of their sodas.

When Mr. Snow sat down, he looked across the table to Billy. “So, how long has this been going on between you two?”

Billy cleared his throat and gripped my hand tighter. “Since, since the night of your accident.” He looked at me and back at his dad. “He helped me get through the night.”

“Aww….” teased Ace.

The conversation jumped subjects a few more times within the next hour and a half that we were at the restaurant. It felt good to be in a positive setting with Billy without all of the tension that surrounds the controversy of our relationship. It felt good to be able to hold his hand and kiss his cheek in public. I even fed him some of the pasta I ordered. He smiled and let out a “mhmm”.

When we got back to Billy’s, Billy and I spent ten or so minutes saying goodbye to Ace and Kendra. I’ve become really close to the both of them as well. I’m not as close to them as Billy is, of course, but I’m beginning to think of them as more of family than friends as well. They’ve been great supports through this.

After that, I asked Justin to take my truck home because I wanted to be with Billy for a little while before I went back home. He gave me a little trouble as usual, but eventually left. I walked back into Billy’s house with my around Billy’s shoulders. We walked passed Billy’s dad’s who was working in his office and went into Billy’s room. Billy shut the door and we sat up on his bed.

We sat, silently. We didn’t have to say one word to know what each other was feeling. We were feeling comfortable and in love. I took Billy’s hand and weaved my fingers with his and he leaned his head on my shoulder.

We sat there for about a half an hour and then I turned my head down to him and he looked up at me. Our lips touched and, for some reason, it was like kissing him for the first time.

***One Month and two weeks later***

I watched New York City pass by through the tinted windows of the limo that Mrs. Drake sprang for to take us to the hotel that would be our home for the next three weeks; the length of our winter vacation. I’ve never spent Christmas anywhere other than home. I’m looking forward to spending it in New York City, but I’m looking forward to spending it with Billy more.

I was also thinking about whether or not I should come out to my dad on Christmas. He couldn’t get violent in a hotel room where he would have to pay for anything that he broke. So, technically, it was the perfect time to come out.

Our hotel wasn’t too fancy, but it wasn’t a dump either. It was just walking distance away from the theater company. Mrs. Drake showed us our room and then left us alone to get situated. Once she was gone we celebrated by running to the bed and diving onto it together, ending our dive in a kiss on our sides.

As we kissed, I stuck my hand through the back of his jeans, feeling the curves of his ass. His warmth felt so good on my cold body. When we stopped we looked in each other’s eyes.

“We’re in New York City.” said Billy, smiling his thousand watt smile.

“I know. I can’t believe it.” I responded.

“I love you.”

I blushed. No matter how many times he says that to me, it always seems like the very first time. I took my hand out of his pants and I pulled him closer to me and looked into his blue eyes.

“I love you too.”

He smiled and then turned around so his ass was in my waist. I wrapped my arm securely around him, on his arm, and put my hand on top of his. He turned his head up to look at me.

“What’s that I feel?” he asked with a mischievous tone.

“I can’t help it if you turn me on.”

I kissed his neck and he giggled in pleasure. We were about to started to make love, but a knock came to the door. Billy grunted in frustration.

We got up from the bed and I adjusted my hard on. We straightened ourselves out and walked to the door. It was Mrs. Drake.

“Hello Boys. I just wanted to come and ask if you need anything or if you wanted to get anything to eat.”

“I think we could eat something.” said Billy.

“Okay, well, I’ll meet you guys down in the lobby in fifteen minutes.”

I closed the door. We got our coats and walked down to the lobby. When we got there, Billy seemed really impatient.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“Nothing, do we really have to wait here when we’re in fabulous New York City?”

“What are you talking about?” I asked.

“Let’s go outside and wait.”

“It’s freezing, we can’t wait out there.”

Billy started to run outside and I followed him. “Billy wait!”

I ran out to the sidewalk he was there smiling at me. “Come on, Ryan. Live a little.”

The street in front of the hotel was empty and silent. Billy ran into it and before I could respond, I saw him fly into the air. Sheer terror fell over me. It was a car. He landed on the top of it and rolled backwards until he hit the street again. Tears fell from my eyes as I heard the big thud that he made when he hit the street again. What was only seconds seemed like forever. I felt like I was watching the person I loved being tortured forever.

I ran out to the street and slid to the ground to pick him up. He was bloody and unconscious. The driver of the car stopped, got out, looked at us. He couldn’t get into his car fast enough and speed off. I yelled in his direction, but he was gone. My entire body shook as I held Billy in my arms. I found myself calling his name and trying to wake him up. I knew he was a live because I could feel him breathing, or trying to breath.

His eyes fluttered open and I could feel excitement flooding through my body. His bright blue eyes looked up and me and he struggled to smile. His smile was weak and quivering.

“R-Ryan…” He stuttered. “Wh-What happened?”

“Shh…Don’t talk. The ambulance is on it’s way.”

“I-I love you…s-so much.”

I saw a tear drop onto his lips and I wiped my eyes.

“I love you too, Billy.”

He smiled his quivering smile again and…and that’s when it happened. I felt the life flow out of him.

“No, no, no, no please Billy. Stay with me.”

My tears and my running nose fell all over his lifeless body. I heard the sirens coming from afar. I picked his body up and brought him close to mine. His face was in my chest and I held him. I held him tight. I didn’t want to let go. This, this can’t be it. I don’t believe it.

* * *

The paramedics arrived and I still had Billy in my arms. I stood aside as they tried to help him, but the look on their faces confirmed my worst fear.

I stood beside Mrs. Drake on the sidewalk. She put her arm around me. She was one of the few women that I knew that was taller than me.

“He’s gonna be okay.” she said.

“No…he’s not.” I said, crying.

The head paramedic walked slowly over to us. He took his hat off and looked at us sadly.

“I’m sorry. We did everything we could.”

I fell into Mrs. Drake’s arms and felt like I would never stop crying. I wasn’t hysterically crying, I just needed someone to hold me. I didn’t want to believe that he could be dead. He was only eighteen years old.

Copyright © 2011 Dans La Nuit; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..