Jump to content

Here Be Dragons, Charlie Boone! 23. Charlie Boone

   (8 reviews)

Charlie and his friends have gotten their business, Third Planet Inquiries, rolling. After a slow start, job inquiries have been coming in, and they have launched into solving unusual mysteries all over the planet and beyond. So when a man contacts them about investigating a house that refuses to be renovated, the guys are off on another adventure that will take them to the ends of the earth, and more!

Copyright © 2023 Geron Kees; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (14 members)

  • Action Packed 11
  • Addictive/Pacing 11
  • Characters 14
  • Chills 5
  • Cliffhanger 4
  • Compelling 12
  • Feel-Good 14
  • Humor 12
  • Smoldering 3
  • Tearjerker 1
  • Unique 13
  • World Building 14

Select Chapter
Table of Contents
  • 1. Chapter 1
    • 6,344 Words
    • 1,580 Views
    • 102 Comments
  • 2. Chapter 2
    • 7,060 Words
    • 1,168 Views
    • 40 Comments
  • 3. Chapter 3
    • 4,959 Words
    • 1,051 Views
    • 26 Comments
  • 4. Chapter 4
    • 6,521 Words
    • 1,037 Views
    • 31 Comments
  • 5. Chapter 5
    • 7,690 Words
    • 965 Views
    • 23 Comments
  • 6. Chapter 6
    • 8,956 Words
    • 987 Views
    • 27 Comments
  • 7. Chapter 7
    • 7,502 Words
    • 1,271 Views
    • 33 Comments

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

drsawzall

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Once again we are treated to an amazing work of fiction by one of the best authors to grace the pages of Gay Authors.

I don't want to give away any details of this incredible story featuring Charlie Boone and the gang, but know this...this ranks among the best of them!!!

Take a gander...you'll be delighted you did so!!! 

Response from the author:

Thank, Doc. You always make me feel better, and without any pills, too! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 7
Link to review
weinerdog

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

If you have read previous Charlie Boone stories what took you so long?(kidding) But if you have read past Charlie Boone stories then you already know how good this is going to be .

If you haven't read previous Charlie Boone stories with all due respect to the other reviewers who say it isn't necessary I believe you should read the first story and few other random ones first but trust me it will be a labor of love

Response from the author:

Thanks. I also happen to think readers would be better served to read at least a few of the first stories, just to get an idea of what the guys are all about!

  • Love 8
Link to review
Backwoods Boy

· Edited by Backwoods Boy

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

An outstanding addition to the Charlie Boone universe.  The best yet, in my opinion.  And though reading the others would undoubtedly be an enjoyable experience for anyone, this story doesn't require that - it only encourages one to do so through encounters with some of the more memorable earlier characters.

Response from the author:

Thanks, my friend. Hard to believe there are 23 of these stories now! :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 5
Link to review
Larry

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

  Though this is the 23rd story in the Charlie Boone series as in the previous episodes one doesn't have to read them first. The author give the background so one is caught up and can be involved well in the tale.

  This group of adventures have grown from young teens to young adults and the challenges have grown as well. 

 

   

Response from the author:

Thanks for the nice review. Hope you'll be back for the next tale! :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Link to review
wenmale64

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Oh My, What else to say...  The reviews below really say it all.  I will jump in and really encourage readers to read the Charlie Boone series from the beginning. While it is not required, the series builds from the first to the last. We are able to watch the boys grow into young men and learn some of the secrets of the Booneverse during their adventures.

Geron has again outdone himself with his ability to paint a story with words. The skill used to relate places, things, feelings, emotion and general surroundings with words, while allowing the characters to interact is absolutely amazing.

This story is a bit different as the guys are out on an actual paying job for their business! We learn some new things and meet some new people and *friends*. 

Please give this author a chance and read his works, you will not be disappointed!!

Response from the author:

Why thank you, sir! :)

 

  • Like 3
  • Love 4
Link to review
raven1

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

The Charlie Boone universe is filled with many adventures filled with magic and adventure.  This latest story is just as unique and wonderful as the others.  A haunted house is the latest challenge for Third Planet Inquiries, a company Charlie, Kippy, Rick and Adrian have set up to investigate paranormal activities.  The job is full of surprises and good humor that you will enjoy reading.  A stand alone novella, but I suggest you start from the beginning and watch the boys grow to be young men.  A must read, as are all the stories in the Boone universe.

Response from the author:

Thank you, my friend. I've watched my guys grow up with not a little bit of pride, myelf...er, myself! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
ReaderPaul

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is another fascinating story in the Charlie Boone universe.  While this can be read as a stand-alone story, and considerable enjoyed, it is helpful to have read some of the previous stories for additional background.  That said, if you have not yet read any others, go ahead and read this one.  You will then almost certainly want to go back and read many others in the series -- as in all of them.

Every story I have read by Geron Kees has been good.  This is no exception.  Charlie and Kip meet a potential client for their business, Arno Coldat.  After hearing his story of rooms in an old mansion which will not stay renovated, they and their fellow associates at Third Planet Inquires take the case and begin work.

Strange events happen.  The more they learn, the more they are aware of what they need to learn.  The culmination is a trip to South America, in which several things are explained.  Well worth reading.  Be aware, as with all of Geron's stories, this will inspire you to think, as well as be entertained.  This story inspires more thinking than the majority of stories by Geron, and it is very well worth it.

Response from the author:

I am always happy to hear you thinking! :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
chris191070

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

Welcome to the 23rd Charli Boone adventure.

We are treated to another fantastic adventure with friends old and new.

This can be read as a Stand alone, like the others but I highly recommend reading from the beginning to learn about all are amazing friends.

Bring on the next adventure.

Response from the author:

Thank you! I always appreciate your kind observations. :)

 

  • Like 2
  • Love 4
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..