Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I am only a little Gypsy 1 - Reincarnation, does it exist? - 13. Chapter 13. Two years old; and my King of Butterflies.

First thing I did after going outside, was slump down and roll around and around in the amazingly soft blanket of snow! In no time, my snow-covered body looked like a little snowman, with a proudly beaming face and an enormous smile that unzipped from ear to ear. My inside remembered again that I once had been a 'little trapper boy' that used to do exactly those same things in the freshly fallen snow, until my loudly chuckling 'trapper Dad' called me to eat our breakfast. Now, rolling around in the freshly fallen snow felt again absolutely marvelous! After rolling around for some time, I finally scrabbled upright and first brushed the excessive snow out of my eyes, so that I could see again. Then, I grabbed a handful of snow, trotted towards our already enthusiastically playing and loudly cheering 'infants', and just joined them in their ferocious snowball fights.

Very much to my delight, all our infants immediately accepted me as being 'one of them', probably because I turned out to be really good at fighting our 'enemies'! Although I was still the smallest kid in our group, very soon, I also turned out to know exactly what I had to do, probably because my built-in 'little trapper boy' enjoyed the snow at least as much as I did, and therefore helped me dodge most thrown snowballs from our 'enemies'. Almost naturally, I started to dodge most of their attacks, so that they nearly couldn't hit me at all.

When I started to throw my own snowballs, my surprised looking infant friends had to find out that I was able to throw my snowballs at our 'enemies' surprisingly accurately, and I was also able to hit them with an unexpected lot of force for such a tiny kid! Now, I felt even happier to have trained myself in advance, by throwing small pebbles at a burning log in our glowing campfire. Feeling more than happy, I had the time of my life, until my Mom called me from out caravan door and I had to return home to eat her healthy lunch.

Immediately after I had devoured my Mom's healthy lunch and she allowed me to leave our table, I raced back outside, rejoined my friends, and resumed our ferocious games of attack and counter-attack. Very much to my happiness, from now on, I really belonged to our regular infants! Finally, they accepted me for who I was and for what I could do, instead of for my still diaper-clad body. Soon, they even forgot that my still too tiny body was not even two years old, and, of course, they couldn't know that I still wore a diaper underneath my brand new blue jeans that clearly and cleverly hid anything below...

Now that my infant friends weren't able to see my diaper anymore, all of them seemed to be truly happy to have their clever little Crown Prince in their midst, and they just accepted me as being 'one of us'! From now on, I was just the smallest kid in our group of infants, and only now and then one of them teasingly called me 'our little runt'. Unfortunately, during our cold and snowy winter, they never played their usual games of 'hide and seek', because the freezing winter weather was too cold to sit or lay still for a prolonged time. Again, I had to be more 'patient' until next spring showed up, before I would be able to partake in their usual summer games.

Finally, March the third arrived, and, this time, we celebrated my SECOND birthday. Again, my parents had decorated our living room with many colorful festoons and balloons. Again, my Grandma had baked a delicious birthday cake, of course this time decorated with TWO burning candles. All day long, all the people who adored me or who liked me very much, showed up in our caravan, to congratulate their little Crown Prince with being two years old. After sipping their nicely colored drinks, they soon disappeared again, to make place for even more people who wanted to congratulate me. Now and then, somebody brought me a small birthday present, making me blush and feel even more special, because I knew that our people were very poor, especially during our cold and snowy winters when nobody could find any work in a 'gadjo' town to earn some extra money.

During the few quieter moments, I always crawled onto my Dad's safe and cozy lap, to play 'octopus' against his broad chest and feel even more loved. Of course, I didn't even think about going outside and joining my infant friends to take part in their ferocious snowball fights. Today, I had to be home, in case any new visitors showed up to congratulate me! Besides, I still hadn't seen my Big Friend...

Finally, during the afternoon, Michail suddenly showed up in our caravan, this time accompanied by his girlfriend Felicia. Very much to my surprise, they also brought me a colored picture book that was showing all sorts of beautiful butterflies and their caterpillar babies! With eyes full of love, Michail explained that all the grownups in our camp had donated a little bit of their own spare money, so that he could drive to a gadjo town, of course without my always-curious knowledge, to buy me this special birthday present.

For several seconds, I just felt too overwhelmed to say anything at all. Had all my beloved subjects been collecting such a lot of money; and had my Big Friend Michail been to a 'gadjo shop' or a 'market', especially for me, to buy me such a truly beautiful and splendid birthday present? When I woke up from my stupor, I first smothered my Big Friend with several big kisses, to thank him for buying me such a beautiful picture book. Then, I also dived towards Felicia and kissed her on her suddenly blushing cheek. Tomorrow, first thing in the morning, I would go outside and thank all my other subjects for their splendid birthday gift!

Happily, I retreated to our couch in our living room, and started to flip through the colored book pages that were showing all different kinds of butterflies and their little caterpillar children. Whilst flipping through the colored book pages, I suddenly found a colored picture in my butterfly book that looked EXACTLY like my fattened caterpillar friend had been, just before it hung upside down and spun itself into its sturdy cocoon! In total awe, I stared at the colored picture next to my caterpillar that showed a truly majestic butterfly that had already left its opened cocoon whilst spreading its enormous wings to the left and to the right.

With a suddenly choked voice and involuntarily shuddering from my spontaneously welling emotions, I asked my Big Friend to read aloud the accompanying description, while I tried to follow the words with my finger. From the accompanying description, I learned that this enormous butterfly is called a 'Monarch', and this enormous flying insect is one of the most beautiful species on our Planet Earth. Therefore, soon after spring showed up, my fattened caterpillar would metamorphose into what had to be the Absolute King of Butterflies!

While I nearly started to cry from sheer happiness, I first kissed my broadly smiling Big Friend repeatedly. Then, I also dived towards Felicia and again kissed her fiercely blushing cheek. This truly splendid picture book had to be the most valuable birthday present that I ever received! Starting tomorrow, my Dad or perhaps my Mom could help me read all those accompanying descriptions, until my bright brainiac brain would be able to read them all by myself...

Near the end of my very long and very busy birthday, our violin players showed up and started to play their most beautiful Gypsy melodies full of joy and happiness, because I still had to blow my two burning candles and to do my 'secret birthday wish' for the upcoming year. Only, even after quite a lot of deep thinking, I just couldn't come up with any secret wishes at all. I was already totally happy, and I was already possessing everything that I wanted, so what else could I wish for, to get during the upcoming year? After some more heavy thinking, I finally decided to wish again for a long and happy life full of lots of Real Love and Gratitude for ALL of us. Would my renewed secret birthday wish come true?

After whispering my secret birthday wish, I blew my two burning candles, everybody clapped, my parents kissed me, and I was sure I had again wished for exactly the right things. Now, I only had to wait for two more years, until I would be four years old and hopefully stay dry during the entire day, so that I could legally join our 'infants'! Or, could my tiny body decide to be a year earlier, perhaps because of my already extremely early brainiac brain? I absolutely hoped so!

That same night, my built-in 'little trapper boy' suddenly showed up in my dream, and promised he would help me become 'dry' during the day really soon! In my dream, I didn't believe him; because, according to my wise Dad, my tiny 'toddler' body would be still too young. Therefore, I just turned around and went on sleeping...

A few weeks after celebrating my second birthday, I was throwing snowballs with my 'infant friends', of course clad in my beautiful winter clothes with my still needed diaper beneath my blue jeans, when I suddenly felt an extremely urgent 'call of nature'! Of course, I had felt the same call many times before, but the feeling had always been too late to act upon it. Now, for the first time ever, I suddenly felt a strong urge to defecate BEFORE I pooped my still dry diaper! Hurriedly, I raced home, dived into our lavatory, jerked both my jeans and my diaper down, and let myself go with a deep sigh of satisfaction. FINALLY, my tiny toddler body had started to warn me in advance, although I was only two years and a few weeks old.

After I had defecated and urinated, I first took some toilet paper and meticulously cleaned my bottom. Then, I washed my hands with lots of soap, before I reattached my diaper and pulled my blue jeans up. Feeling proud of myself, I raced to our living room and jumped onto my Dad's lap at full speed. Enthusiastically, I exclaimed:

"DAD and MOM; today, I've pooped and peed all by myself, and my diaper is still dry! Finally, my toddler body has started growing up enough, so that from now on I am a REAL INFANT!"

Of course, my parents congratulated me abundantly with such an early achievement. Then, my Dad folded his safe arms around my tiny body and held me very close to his broad chest. Chuckling at seeing my still enthusiastically beaming face, he asked me:

"My so precocious 'Harry' son, again, you are making us very proud of you! However, are you absolutely sure that your tiny body will stay dry during the entire day from now on; or has this extremely early achievement been only a one-time happening?"

Suddenly feeling absolutely sure, I responded:

"Dad, my own inside assures me that, from now on, I will always stay dry during the entire day, because it will help me by warning me every time before I really have to poop or pee."

Still chuckling, my lovable wise Dad responded:

"Okay; from now on, I will always believe you and your helpful 'inside'. Therefore, you are now our own Real Big Boy!"

Smiling broadly, I wrestled my 'infant' body in between my Mom and Dad on our couch, where I very much enjoyed the happy feeling of being sandwiched in between the two people I loved most in the entire world. Both parents put their arms around me and around each other, and we continued our group-cuddle for quite some time. Again, it felt marvelous to be a growing-up kid in our secluded community, and to be cuddled in between my two lovable parents on our couch! That is, until my bright brainiac brain started to feel too impatient, so that I wrestled free from our shared sandwich. Next, I asked my Mom to help me shuck my still dry diaper beneath my jeans...

Unfortunately, my always-wary Mom immediately restarted to doubt again, because she hesitatingly asked:

"Are you sure you don't need to use your diaper anymore during the day? What if your so-called 'inside' doesn't warn you in time, so that you are involuntarily soiling your new jeans? Ultimately, your tiny body is only two years old, and I also don't want to wash your clothes because you are too stubborn to wear another diaper..."

Although I sensed my built-in 'little trapper friend' in my inside, I didn't want to reveal him to my Mom yet. Therefore, I responded:

"Mom, you have to believe me, because my inside is absolutely sure, and I can feel it in my guts as well! From now on, I will need to wear a diaper only during the night, when I am in a deep sleep or out of my body, so that my inside cannot wake me up in time."

This time, my Mom surrendered, and she even helped me shuck my still dry diaper underneath my clothes. To be honest, without the extra thick clothing around my belly and bottom, I felt much freer and also quite a lot more mature! Happily, I went outside and immediately rejoined my still snowball throwing 'fellow infants'. Although I was now very happy to be a REAL INFANT, I decided not to tell any of them about my still extremely early 'little-kid-achievement'. My new regular playmates just didn't have to know.

From now on, my built-in 'little trapper friend' always warned me in time, at least during the day, so that I never had to disappoint my parents' valuable trust in me. I always immediately went to our small lavatory when I had to go, and I needed to wear a diaper only during the night. My only bother was now that I still had to be even more patient, until I finally didn't need to wear any diapers at all and could join our 'minors' into our surrounding woods, to catch and roast my own edible animals, hopefully very soon...

A few months after celebrating my second birthday, SPRING showed up again, the too cold mountain wind became much warmer, and all the snow first turned into mud and then just disappeared. Happily, I trotted outside and immediately rejoined my OWN group of loudly cheering 'infants'. This time, I too was clad in only summer shorts, for the first time ever since my birth, although my tiny body was only two years and a few months old. Happily, my infant friends and I started frolicking around, chasing after each other, and enjoying the already warming sun on our bare bodies. Finally, our winter skins would lose their paleness and soon regain their golden tans!

Up to now, I had been very busy and therefore just forgot to think of my hopefully still metamorphosing little caterpillar friend in its sturdy cocoon. During our icy cold winter, it had only slept and slept, probably waiting until spring would show up. According to my Dad and my colorful picture book, now was the time for an enormous 'Monarch' butterfly to wake up, leave its opening cocoon, and flap away to find a mate and make new baby caterpillars...

Immediately when I thought of my sleeping little caterpillar friend in its hopefully still dangling cocoon, I was in a tremendous hurry, left my infant friends, and raced into our surrounding bushes to take a look at my metamorphosing caterpillar friend. Would it now leave its safe hiding place as a beautiful Monarch butterfly?

Alas, the dangling cocoon was still hanging upside down from its sturdy branch and only slowly moving in the steadily warming breeze. Nothing seemed to have changed, and my metamorphosing caterpillar friend seemed to be still asleep. Or, could it be frozen to death during our icy cold winter? Feeling disappointed, I returned to my still sun bathing infant friends. Only, from now on, I felt nervous all day, fidgeted around, and nearly couldn't wait to take another quick look at my hopefully still metamorphosing 'King Monarch' butterfly. That is, IF it had survived our icy cold winter, and really would wake up from its hibernation as an enormous Monarch butterfly.

From now on, every single morning, immediately after eating my Mom's healthy breakfast, I stormed outside and first went towards my still slowly dangling cocoon, hoping that its metamorphosed butterfly would finally show up today. Impatiently, I stared at the still silently dangling thing, as if trying to urge its hibernating inside with my thoughts to leave its sturdy shelter and greet me NOW. Only, despite all my urgent thinking, still nothing at all happened. For several more days, nothing happened, until I started to feel more and more disappointed, and at long last even started to lose my interest. Perhaps, both my Dad and my beautiful picture book had been wrong, and my caterpillar had really frozen to death during our icy cold winter!

Feeling severely disappointed, I finally decided to try to live with the facts. Tomorrow morning, first thing in the morning, I would take the clearly already dead cocoon from its sturdy branch and then bury it into Mother Earth. After also putting a small wooden cross onto its tiny grave, I would try to forget everything about it, and just go on with my life as if nothing special had happened...

The next morning, I was still deep asleep, when a very warm and soulful sounding voice suddenly called my name! Feeling surprised, I woke up and sat upright whilst rubbing some nightly sand out of my eyes. Had really somebody called my name and woken me up? For a second, I looked around and listened for any unusual sounds, but my two parents were still asleep in their own beds and snoring. Perhaps, I had only dreamt about some unknown voice calling my name? Still feeling sleepy, I was already planning to reclose my eyes and then try to get some more sleep, when again the same very warm and soulful voice called my name! Only, this time, the unknown person just went on and also told me:

"My young friend, please wake up and go greet your butterfly!"

This time, my inside recognized the very warm and soulful voice of our Beloved King of Ancestors who always had been one of my dearest Cosmic Friends and who still resided in our own Timeless Eternal Realm! Was really my dearest Ancestor Friend trying to wake me up, so that I could go outside and meet my Monarch butterfly? Hastily, I jumped out of bed, chucked my fortunately still dry diaper, and quickly donned a few clothes. In a record time, I left our caravan and sprinted towards my hopefully metamorphosed little caterpillar friend, on my way shivering from the sudden morning cold on my still sleepy body. Would finally my beautiful King Monarch butterfly leave its already opening cocoon and reveal itself to me?

In our surrounding bushes, I suddenly stopped dead in my tracks and stared in utmost surprise at the still lazily dangling cocoon. This time, very much to my happiness, the top of the upside-down cocoon was already OPENING! Clearly, my King of Ancestors Friend had been right, and something unbelievable and absolutely wonderful was happening! Firstly, and teasingly slowly, the cocoon opened its top. Then, little by little, my now totally metamorphosed caterpillar friend showed up, this time looking like some strange and almost unearthly creature! Although I couldn't help hopping up and down from sheer enthusiasm, I also continued staring at the unearthly looking creature that slowly showed up from its still lazily dangling cocoon.

In absolute awe, I stared at the unbelievable spectacle of seeing my beautiful 'King Monarch' butterfly finally reveal itself to my very surprised eyes, in all its unearthly glory. First, it put two thin but very tall antennas up into the air and felt around, as if it wanted to test its environment. Then, it slowly unfolded two enormous butterfly wings that were also decorated with several shiny red, gold, and blue colors. Gasping at the unbelievable spectacle in total rapt, I involuntarily got tears in my already rapidly blinking eyes, while I nearly forgot to breathe from all my welling emotions. This enormous and absolutely splendid looking enormous animal, which once had been my little 'caterpillar friend', really was the Absolute King of Butterflies!

In total awe, I stared at my beautiful King Monarch friend that for many months had been my little caterpillar friend. Up to now, I never thought it would be able to transform into something this wonderful and unearthly magnificent! Would my new friend allow me to touch it, as a greeting? Tentatively, I stretched my hand out towards it...

At that same moment, the unearthly looking body of my enormous King Butterfly shuddered, as if it tried to rearrange its enormous wings first. Then, after seemingly trying out a few tentative flaps, it suddenly rose majestically up into the air. After flapping up, it came down again, but this time it landed exactly on my outstretched hand! Sitting on my hand, my slightly trembling beautiful butterfly friend slowly turned around, so that it could stare straight into my eyes with its enormous orbs that seemed to be full of living facets...

Now, my Inside was sure that my former little caterpillar friend had recognized me, and it also wanted to greet me! Feeling deeply thrilled and still unable to speak from my welling emotions, I stared back at the enormous butterfly that was now sitting on my hand. This unexpected adventure was absolutely the most honoring sensation that I had ever felt throughout my entire young life! Slowly and reverently, I bowed my head towards my butterfly, in a feeble attempt to greet my former friend. At the same time, I thanked it in my mind for having been my little caterpillar friend for so many months, and for letting me see its wonderful transformation. Would it be able to understand my human thoughts?

Very much to my happiness, my still staring butterfly Friend first rose even higher onto its thin legs, and then it copied the same deep bow towards me. After bowing again for a second time, it spread its enormous wings out at full width and flapped a couple of times, as if trying to wave farewell to me! For several more seconds, we stared into each other's eyes. Then, my beautiful King Monarch friend flapped its enormous wings again, slowly rose high into the air, turned around, and finally flapped away; leaving me totally in awe and feeling deeply grateful. Yes, it HAD understood my human thoughts!

Slowly, my beautiful King Monarch Friend flapped away towards the already upcoming morning sun, until it disappeared behind the treetops and I couldn't see it anymore. While supporting my suddenly very heavy head with my hands, I slumped down on an old tree stump. Nearly sobbing from my still overwhelming emotions, I stealthily wiped my involuntarily welling tears out of my eyes. I was already MISSING my little caterpillar friend! Ultimately, it had been my little friend for many months, until it transformed into such an enormous butterfly, greeted me, and flapped away, probably to find a mate and make little baby caterpillars. Secretly, I hoped I would be able to find a new little caterpillar friend, perhaps within a few months from now.

Would our Beloved King of Ancestors still be around me? Silently, I thanked Him in my mind for waking me up just in time to go outside and greet my beautiful King Monarch butterfly. Almost immediately, I heard His well-known warm and soulful voice in my inside, this time responding to my thanks:

"You are welcome, my young friend! Soon, we will meet again, and then we will be able to talk some more. However, for now, you have to return to your parents and forget everything about me, at least until I will be able to talk to you again."

Almost immediately, my confused brain started to doubt. Could I have made my King of Ancestors Friend's warm voice up in my mind, perhaps because I had expected to hear such an answer sounding in my inside? I wasn't really sure... Nevertheless, thanking my Beloved King of Ancestors Friend certainly felt great! Feeling thankful, and this time also quite a lot humbler, I rose from my old stump and slowly sauntered home.

At home, I woke my still snoring Mom and Dad, by just jumping onto my Dad's broad chest and belly, as usual. First, I waited until they had rubbed the nightly sand out of their eyes. When they finally stopped yawning and were ready to listen to me, I had a truly unbelievable and absolutely amazing story to tell! Enthusiastically, I told them everything about waking up early, going outside, and watching my beautiful King Monarch butterfly reveal itself to me, land on my hand, bow towards me, and finally flap away, probably to find a mate and start making little baby caterpillars.

Surprisingly, I had already forgotten everything about the warm and soulful voice of my Beloved King of Ancestors Friend...

Did you LIKE this chapter? If so, please, pretty please, click on the little knob 'Like This'...
Thank you very, very much in advance, and I will commend you in my prayers!
Copyright © 2014 GypsyChronicles; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..