Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

I am only a little Gypsy 1 - Reincarnation, does it exist? - 7. Chapter 7. Daddy, Mommy, Harry luvyou deawly too.

Waking up from what felt like a 'normal' sleep, I opened my eyes and looked around in what turned out to be my small sleeping den. Clearly, my Mom or my Dad had brought me home, undressed me, and laid me in between my pile of colored pillows while I was still deep asleep. Smiling inwardly, I realized that I felt much happier now, wearing only a diaper instead of that musty smelling Royal garment. I hoped I would never have to wear such an itchy thing again.

Unfortunately, my wet diaper started to feel itchy, so that I wanted to ask my Mom to clean me up. Only, because my inside felt totally happy and absolutely didn't want to cry, I decided to try to CALL my busy Mom who seemed to be working in our kitchen, according to the sounds of cutlery and rattling pans. Ultimately, my baby mouth had already been able to whisper the audible words 'sorry' and 'yes Mom'; so that I only had to make my voice louder, to be heard by my busy Mom in her kitchen.

Tentatively, I started to call her, by willing both my throat and my lips to form the audible word 'Mom'... Very much to my disappointment, although I tried to call my busy Mom over and again, my untrained mouth plainly refused to produce any audible sounds at all! What could I be doing wrong? Again, I tried to call my busy Mom, by moving my throat and my lips even more forcefully, but again my mouth refused to produce any audible sounds. I only had to swallow lots of excessive saliva, as usual.

Feeling frustrated, I stopped my endeavors and started to think this over. Why didn't my mouth want to produce those words anymore? I was sure I HAD been able to speak at least the audible words 'sorry' and 'yes Mum', because my surprised looking Mom had heard those words loud and clear, although I had only whispered them. Therefore, why didn't my audible voice want to talk anymore, all of a sudden? Clearly, I was now doing something wrong that I had been doing correct before! Only, what could I be doing wrong now, that I had been doing correct just a few hours ago? Perhaps, replaying my whispered words from my brain memory could help me find out how my baby mouth had been able to say those whispered words almost effortlessly?

Feeling more and more frustrated, I closed my eyes and started to recall how I had been able to whisper those audible words 'sorry' and 'yes Mum', by using both my mouth and my throat. One by one, I replayed all the events in my mind, hoping to find a solution. After replaying everything in my mind, my bright brain finally found out what had happened! It was now sure that I had mumbled those whispered words whilst, at the same time, I had heaved a deep sigh from frustration, because my inside had felt guilty! Fortunately, I also knew that 'sighing' meant 'breathing out'.

Feeling like a little explorer, I first took in a deep breath, and then I let both my throat and mouth form the word 'Mom' while I breathed out with a sigh. YESSS! Very much to my delight, my efforts seemed to be working, because my mouth really succeeded in making an audible sound that resembled the word 'Mhhommm'. Only, my sighed whispers weren't loud enough for my still busy Mom to hear me from her kitchen. How were other people doing that, talking with a loud voice without whispering? Again, I started to think; this time to find out where other people's much louder voices were coming from...

After some more thinking, at last, I thought I could have found the solution. Clearly, other people were using their 'vocal cords' as well, next to using their throats and their lips! Only, how in the world would I be able to do THAT? I was sure I too had those 'vocal cords', because a gadjo doctor once confirmed that they were extremely large and thus produced my strangely deep and sonorous sounding crying. Well, the doctor had been right, because I was really able to produce a very loud baritone 'crying' sound, next to a much softer 'humming' sound that always made my parents smile at each other.

Again, I started to think. What would happen if I could bring my loud baritone crying into my whispered words? Up to now, my loud crying had always alarmed my parents, even if they were outside and could hear me only through the open front door. Therefore, I was sure that my loud crying would set my vocal cords into enough action to be heard by my still busy Mom in her kitchen. I only had to cry loud enough whilst at the same time my throat and lips were forming the whispered word 'Mom'...

Okay, let's try this out immediately! First, I inhaled a very deep breath. Then, whilst forming the word 'Mom' with my throat and my lips, I exhaled and CRIED... Well, after hearing the pathetic sounding result that still echoed through our caravan, I nearly started to laugh at myself. This hilarious noise sounded more as if it would wake up our entire Gypsy camp!

Within a split second, my worried looking Mom came storming into my sleeping den. Quickly diving towards me, she scooped me into her arms and started to look my squirming baby body over from head to foot, as if trying to find any severe injuries or other damages... Of course, my worried looking Mom couldn't find anything to be concerned about, although she looked me over for a second time and even for a third time. That is, until she saw my sparkling bright blue eyes and broadly smiling face! At first, she looked confused, until she also sniffed the air around my still wet and itchy diaper. With sudden understanding in her choking voice, she admonished me:

"What the heck did you do, although you only wet your diaper? I thought you had fallen out of bed and broken at least several bones! Please, Harold, never utter such a terrible scream ever again. Now, come here, and let Mommy change your diaper and feed you."

Well, this was what I had wanted my 'Mommy' to do all the time. At least, she would now change my still itchy diaper and also feed me her yummy nourishment from her breasts. However, at the same time, I felt sorry for unintentionally alarming her like this, although I didn't know how else I could have used my 'vocal cords' properly. Clearly, I had to find another and totally different way of expressing myself, other than crying and whispering at the same time.

While my 'Mommy' carried me to our living room and started to change my wet diaper, I tried to repeat her newest word that I hadn't heard before. In my still inexperienced baby ears, her new name 'Mommy' sounded much friendlier than her old name 'Mom' did. Therefore, I took another deep breath and slowly breathed out, whilst at the same time trying to whisper my Mom's new name:

"Mhhhommmmy... Mhhommmy..."

Looking stunned, my Mom nearly let me slip out of her arms, whilst staring at my mumbling baby lips open-mouthed and in total surprise. Fortunately, she could rescue me just in time, by hurriedly putting me down in between my pile of colored pillows on our couch. Staring at my still mumbling mouth in total bewilderment, she first swallowed a couple of times before she exclaimed:

"Harold, you are TALKING! My dear baby boy, you really are a very special child! Just wait until your Daddy hears you..."

Of course, I didn't like my Mom calling me a 'baby'. Didn't she know that my inside was a Very Old Soul and only temporarily living in this tiny body? Just wait until, within a few months from now, I am able to speak properly! In the meantime, I started to try out my Dad's new name, 'Daddy', by whispering both words in succession:

"Dhhhadddy... Mhhommmy... Dhhadddy... Mhhommy..."

Very much to my delight, each time when I repeated both words, they sounded even better, until they started to sound like my Mom had spoken them, although still without the accompanying deep baritone voice from my vocal cords. How would I ever be able to mix my soft whispers into my too loud baritone crying, without alarming my still trembling Mommy? Would 'humming' be able to do the trick? Well, let's try this out, now that my Mommy was still around to see that nothing serious would happen with or to me.

I had already been 'humming' many times before, mostly because I had felt totally at ease and only wanted to expand my growing lungs without crying. So far, both my Mom and my Dad always started to smile at hearing my happy humming... While my Mommy retook me into her arms and powdered my sensitive parts, I started to hum, as I had done many times before. Only, this time, next to using my vocal cords to make those humming sounds, I also used both my throat and my lips to whisper my Mom's and Dad's new words.

YESSS! Very much to my delight, my mouth was now producing a still feeble but absolutely audible baritone voice! Only, I also still had to practice quite a lot more, before I would be able to say those words correctly. Happily, I restarted to repeat both words, over and again, whilst trying to say them louder and louder by slowly mixing more and more of my humming sound into them:

"Mhhommmy, Dhhadddy, Mhommy, Dhaddy..."

Nearly forgetting to put a fresh diaper on me, my Mom stared in more and more surprise at my now really 'talking' mouth. Clearly, she never thought that her 'little baby boy' would be able to talk properly at such a young age! Absent-mindedly, she took another diaper and put it on my happily wiggling bottom, while, in the meantime, I just went on with my finally successful endeavors to talk; although, at least for the time being, I had spoken only those two words.

For a moment, I had to stop talking, because my Mom took me onto her lap to feed me her yummy nourishment. Hungrily, I drank and drank, until my stomach was filled to the brim and I had to burp lots of excessive air out. At last, my still surprised looking Mom laid me down on our couch in between my pillows, before returning to her kitchen with my wet diaper in her hands. Of course, I first kicked all those colored pillows-in-my-way onto the floor, because I wanted to have some more freedom. Next, I wrestled my tiny body around and pushed my head and shoulders up against the backside of our couch, until I sat upright and could overlook our living room.

All the time, I just went on speaking my words louder and more properly, until they started sounding more or less as my Mom had pronounced them. Still not feeling satisfied, I went on trying to speak many other easy sounding words; unless my still too untrained throat and tongue weren't able yet to pronounce them correctly.

Half an hour later, my Shaman abilities sensed a very well known aura that entered our caravan and clearly planned to be home early! As usual, I started to hop up and down from happiness. Although, in my over-enthusiasm, I nearly tumbled off our couch, I regained my balance at the last moment and quickly scrambled upright again. Within ten seconds from now, the grownup I loved most in the entire world would return home!

Enthusiastically, I exclaimed:

"Mommy? Daddy home eawly!"

Showing up from her kitchen, my Mom stared at me with an even more surprised face, while she asked me:

"Really? Is Daddy already returning home, this early? I still don't understand how you always are so sure..."

Ten seconds later, our front door opened, and my Dad entered our caravan. After shucking his shoes, he stepped into our living room and first kissed my Mom. Then, he looked at me, and smiled broadly at seeing my already brightly sparkling eyes and over-enthusiastic face. Offering him my happiest smile, I immediately started to repeat his new name that my Mom had taught me:

"Daddy, Daddy, Daddy!"

At hearing my deep baritone voice saying 'Daddy' for the first time ever, my Dad stopped dead in his tracks as if he couldn't believe his own ears. For several seconds, he only stared at me, as if feeling paralyzed and no longer able to utter any audible sounds at all. In the meantime, he opened and closed his mouth, thereby resembling a still living fish that my Big Friend Michail once brought to us to prepare it for dinner, and that obviously craved for oxygen... Finally, my Dad came stumbling towards me while he stuttered:

"My so extremely special son, are you really already calling me 'Daddy'? Has your Mom taught you how to say this word?"

Enthusiastically, I bobbed my head up and down, to let my Dad know he was right and that I really had copied my first audible words from my Mom. Then, I started to demonstrate even more new words; of course trying to pronounce them as correctly as I could:

"Daddy, Mommy, house, home, eawly, I, me, Hawol..., Hadol..., Harol..., Harol...th..., Harol...p..., Harol...k..."

Feeling frustrated, I fell silent. Why the heck didn't my mouth want to speak my own name 'Harold' correctly? Of course, now that I could say all those new words, I also wanted to be able to say my own name! Only, my untrained little mouth and tongue just didn't seem to understand how to couple the word 'Harol' to its following 'd' without making me splutter and produce lots of unwanted saliva...

Feeling severely disappointed, I retried to say my own name, but, again, the word that left my mouth didn't sound as it should be. Clearly, my baby mouth wasn't able yet to pronounce my own name, 'Harold', correctly, without breaking its tongue over the too difficult 'd' sound at the end of my name. What should I do now? Of course, I still wanted to be able to say my own name correctly!

Again, I tried to say 'Harold', but again my baby tongue refused to pronounce the too difficult 'd' at the end of my name. Feeling more and more frustrated, I looked at my Dad, but he just let me do my own things, as usual, and only smiled reassuringly. Next, I looked at my still stunned looking Mom, but she only stared blankly at me, clearly feeling way too surprised to be of any real help.

Still feeling frustrated, I stopped my attempts and fell silent, so that my clever brain could take over. Clearly, I had to train my still way too unwilling tongue a lot more first, until I would be able to say my own name correctly. Only, couldn't there be an easier way to pronounce my own name, at least for the time being? I just WANTED to be able to tell other people my own first name properly, now that I was able to speak all those other words more or less correctly! Although my clever brain thought and thought, by mulling over every single possibility, it just couldn't come up with a solution.

Then, seemingly out of the blue, another idea came to mind, as if somebody else was imprinting it into my brain! For a second, I thought I sensed my King of Ancestors Friend around me, but I wasn't absolutely sure. Nevertheless, it looked like my baby brain suddenly came up with what could be a temporary solution, at least for now. My mouth and tongue had already been able to pronounce those new words 'Daddy' and 'Mommy' without any problems; so... yes, why not? Okay, let's try this brand new idea out immediately!

With a naughty smile on my again beaming face, I looked up at my parents and asked them:

"Mommy, Daddy... I Harry?"

This time, both my Mom and my Dad were looking like gasping fishes out of the water! For quite some time, they remained silent, clearly unable to utter any more sounds. Until my Dad shook his head, first smiled at me, and then trotted towards me and scooped me into his strong arms. Enthusiastically, he embraced my baby body, in the process nearly crushing my tiny ribs. Well, I absolutely didn't mind and just waited until I would be able to breathe again; although my worried looking Mom seemed to fear for my life and therefore tried to take me over from my Dad's arms.

My Mom's worried action seemed to calm my Dad down considerably, because he suddenly looked a little bit guilty, next to still looking very proud. After releasing some excessive pressure from my tiny ribs, he told me:

"My dear 'Harry' son, you are the most intelligent and precocious young child that I've ever seen in my entire life! From the moment when your Mom told me she was pregnant, my inside knew already that you would be at least one out of a million! How old are you in reality? According to our calendar, you should be only three months old. Yet, you are already understanding every single word that I am telling you, you are already sitting upright almost effortlessly, and now you are also talking to us and coming up with a workable solution for pronouncing your still too difficult first name. Therefore, from this remarkable day on, I am absolutely convinced that you are the fastest developing child in our entire universe. And, my precious 'Harry' son, both your Mommy and I love you dearly!"

With a happy smile on my proudly beaming baby face, I looked at my two lovable parents and told them:

"Daddy, Mommy, Harry luvyou deawly too."

Again, both my Mom and Dad were looking like gasping fishes out of the water. Again, they remained silent, clearly unable to utter any more sounds. Then, my Mom started to cry from happiness, while she took me over from the arms of my still proud looking Dad. For quite some time, she stared into my eyes, as if she tried to understand who or what her 'little baby boy' could be in reality...

Whilst staring back into my Mom's bright blue eyes, I tried to send her a message, but, again, she didn't pick it up. Of course, I could have used some more power, as I had already done before, but I didn't want to force her too much. After all, she WAS my mother, and I really loved her dearly, with REAL Love! What if I unintentionally damaged her too insensitive human brain?

Yet, I tried to send her my message again, although this time slightly more forceful:

"Please, Mom, stop worrying about me, because, very soon, you and I will sit together and have a real conversation. In the meantime, just bear with me and with my sometimes too stubborn behavior..."

Clearly feeling frustrated, my Mom shook her head a few times, as if she tried to deny her unexpectedly upcoming thoughts. Obviously, she had picked up at least some of my words, or she had heard my deep baritone voice in her inside, but she still didn't know what to think of it... Looking confused, she sat me down against the backside of our couch, next to my Dad, so that I could sit upright and look around. Without saying another word, she just turned around and entered her kitchen, probably to start preparing our next meal.

Now that we were alone, my Dad bent over towards me and scooped me into his strong arms. Only, this time, he seemed to be a lot more careful not to crush my tiny ribs too much, although I still didn't mind. Feeling totally safe in my Dad's strong arms, I looked up at him, and smiled broadly at seeing his sparkling dark brown eyes that were radiating Pure Love and Happiness towards me.

Yes, my lovable Dad and I absolutely were kindred souls!

Did you LIKE this chapter? If so, please, pretty please, click on the little knob 'Like This'...
Thank you very, very much in advance, and I will commend you in my prayers!
Copyright © 2014 GypsyChronicles; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..