Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 20. Chapter 20

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

Finally a week before practice was over I started shooting the way I normally do. It wasn’t because things were getting better at home with Jacob. It was the long hard talk I had with Sgt. Haney.

He laid it on thick. If I didn’t find my way through what ever was bothering me. I was not only going to loose the Captain spot, but be off the team all together. He needed shooters he can depend on and don’t allow outside, personal things distract them.

At home Jacob was talking to me, but not the way we used to. He would say good morning and good night. We would talk when ever we ate, but not when ever we watched television program like we used too. We liked to pick apart movies or television shows finding and noting the mistakes they made.

We stopped having sex and including oral sex as well. The relationship was getting to a point that it was just a friendship of sorts. This time though I was determined to do what ever it took to get Jacob back.

When practice was over all I had to look forward to was the trip to Disney World. I loved the idea being in the most magical place on earth and be with Jacob. We were in our own room. The room was attached to another room where David and Tom would be sleeping. What separated the two rooms was a small sitting room with a television. I had no plans to watch television while I was there.

I kept trying to get closer to Jacob as the vacation got closer, but it wasn’t happening. I tried to hold hands with him or even kiss him, but he wasn’t returning the affection I was showing him.

The day arrived for us to leave and I was ready. When the plane took off, I knew Jacob was nervous. He was holding on tight to the arm rest. If he held it any tighter, he would have torn the arm rest right off of the seats.

The flight to Dallas was short. We knew it was going to be. The flight from Dallas to Orlando was going to be the long one. We arrived in Florida early in the morning. We had to catch the shuttle bus to the hotel where we were staying.

While we were driving to the hotel, I just kept looking at everything we were passing. I couldn’t believe the area. It was totally beautiful to say the least. It was also very hot and HUMID! Being from El Paso, we were used to the heat, but the humidity was another matter altogether !

When we arrived at the hotel, it was awesome. It is a two building hotel separated with a train that went through the buildings. We stood there just looking at the train going through the buildings before checking in.

Jacob went and got us checked in. The bell hop was dressed as Goofy. So Goofy got our bags and off we went to our room. When I went in, it was bigger than it appeared to be in the brochure. Goofy set the bags down and Jacob gave him a tip.

“We will take the room to the right, so David and Tom will take the room to the left. Chase you will be staying in the room with me and Joey on a roll-away bed. I am sorry for that Chase.”

“No reason to be sorry for that Jake. I’m just glad to be here. I just want to have fun!”

We all went into our rooms and set down our luggage. Jacob right away undressed and went to bed. It was one in the morning when we finally got settled in. I crawled into bed with Jake and put my arms around him. This time he didn’t push my arms away.

The alarm woke us up at six in the morning! We got ready and headed out for our first day. I soon found out that the trains and buses I saw everywhere were for everyone to catch to get to all parts of Disney World. Those who were staying at the hotels off the property could even get busses into the parks from the huge parking areas. They didn’t allow people to drive their own cars into the theme parks.

We discovered that there was a complete system of aerial trams, trains and busses that would get us to every part of Disney World. There was no need for having a car since we were staying on Disney property. If we were in one area, such as the Magic Kingdom and wanted to get to, say, Epcot, it was an easy matter to board one form of transportation or another to get there.

.

Disney World has its own police force and, I believe, even has a Mayor. I wonder if the Major was Mickey Mouse. Anyways, we started making our way down to grab something to eat before we went to the Magic Kingdom.

When we sat there getting ready to eat, I saw everyone in the place dressed up as a character of Walt Disney. I thought that was pretty damn cool.

We finished eating and started on our way to the Magic Kingdom. When I slid my pass in the scanner, it worked. I don’t know why I didn’t think it wouldn’t have, but I did. We were able to walk through the gate where some people had to stop and buy their tickets.

It was so cool when we walked in. It actually felt magical to me. I don’t know if it was the kid in me or just being there that made me feel this way. The place was crowded but I didn’t care. We stayed as a group and went all over the place. The rides we got on, Jacob did sit next to me.

When we got on one of the water rides Jacob sat next to me as well. As the ride started to go, Jacob reached over and grabbed a hold of my hand. I held onto Jacob’s hand with all my might. We knew where the camera was at. So when it was about to take the picture, we threw up our hands in the air.

The first day was fun as hell. It seemed that Jacob and I left our problems at home and just wanted to enjoy ourselves.

When we stopped to eat, we found that the food was VERY expensive. We realized, however, that since we are staying on Disney property, that getting food at reasonable costs wasn’t an option. Jacob commented that he was prepared for this and for us to get what we wanted and he picked up the tab for meals the whole time.

As we were leaving we saw the crowd lining up on the street. We just waited there to see what was going on. Before we knew it, we saw floats coming down the road. It was a parade with every Disney character ever created. It celebrated the most popular cartoon characters and movies Disney had ever made. The marshals of the parade were Mickey and Minnie Mouse, of course. We stayed watching the parade until the end. Fireworks were going off in the background as the parade wound down.

We didn’t get back to the hotel until almost ten. I can tell you this, when I got in the room I was dead of my feet. I took a shower and hit the pillow.

The next morning was the same as the morning before. This time we wanted to go to Epcot Center and see what it was all about. When we realized it was more of a science fair than anything else, so we decided to leave.

As we were heading to the gates, we heard other visitors talking about going ‘around the world’. We followed them to see what they were talking about. It was true. In Epcot; you were able to visit displays and rides from about two dozen countries from around the world. We had fun going around the world. We also found that there were many attractions to ride that we didn’t realize were there. I guess we should have taken more time to read all the brochures so we’d know what was available. I’m really glad we overheard the other visitors or we would have missed a lot.

By the time we got back to Magic Kingdom, we decided to get as much done there as we could. Some of the things were not as fun as others were. There is lots of the Magic Kingdom that is geared toward younger children.

The next morning we wanted to go to Ice World, but the gates were closed already. That sucked, so we decided to go to another water park known for having huge waves.

When we there, it looked fun. We all jumped in and just fooled around in the water. Jacob was getting further and further in. Then a wave came crashing down on him. At first we didn’t see anything, and then his swim trunks came floating to the top. Finally his head popped out of the water looking for his swim trunks.

We all started laughing at him. His swim trunks actually came off. Man was it funny! It just got funnier when he finally got hold of them and we were watching him trying to put them back on under the water.

The day went by fast and before we knew it, it was time to go. We headed back to the hotel. Once we were there, Chase, David, and Tom headed to the pool. I thought they had enough water for the day, but it looks like they didn’t.

Jacob and I were just sitting in the room watching television. Then he grabbed onto me and pulled me to rest on his stomach. We used to do this when we watched television together, but hadn’t done it in a while.

Before I knew it, Jacob was kissing me. Man, I missed kissing Jacob so bad. I didn’t want this to end. I wanted things to be like this forever.

We got up and headed to our room. I locked the door and went to the bed. Jacob gently pushed me to the bed and started kissing me on the mouth. Then he made his way down my neck. It felt so good having him like this again.

He took off my shirt, I took off his. Then almost at the same time, we kicked off our shorts and threw them on the pile of clothes in the corner of the room. We got into the sixty nine position and without hesitation, started going down on each other.

I was hard as rock and so was Jacob. He was leaking pre-cum like an open water faucet. It wasn’t long before both us exploded in each other’s mouth.

It didn’t stop there! Jacob grabbed me and moved me to the top of the bed. Jacob must have had hopes that this would happen and he had brought lube to make things easy and right. He slowly went inside of me. As each inch of his dick entered me, I was getting closer to floating in the clouds.

He picked up the speed once I adjusted to him being inside me. Since we had just cum, the loving lasted and he made love to me for almost thirty minutes before he reached his climax again. When he was shooting inside of me, I was shooting all over my chest, face and abs.

Jacob slid out of me and when he did, I felt empty. He lay right beside me until we caught our breaths. He turned to me and started to kiss me again. We knew we had to get cleaned up before the guys got back.

So we hit the shower together and just couldn’t let one another go. I washed him up and he washed me. We kept kissing in the shower which made us hard again. I so wanted to go for it again, but we heard the door to the room open.

We got out of the shower, got dressed fast as we were able to. Right as we finished getting dressed, Chase was knocking on the bedroom door. I went over to unlock the door and went into the sitting room. The three guys just looked at us when we sat down.. Both of us had wet hair and that was an instant give away as to what had just transpired.

The three of them smirked and chuckled as they were looking at us. Then Chase turned on the television and we started watching this lame show in HBO.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

When I walked out of my and Joey’s room, Chase, David and Tom were just looking at me. First they looked at me then they looked at Joey. They kept going back and forth like that for a while. At the same time they were smirking at us as they were taking their seats in front of the television.

As the final day of our vacation was approached, we realized the vacation was coming to an end. Joey and I became even closer then ever before. We couldn’t be pulled apart no matter how hard anyone would have tried.

We tried to cover all of Disney World, but it was impossible. We found out it is over thirty miles in both directions. We needed more than a week to cover that much land. The last complete day while we were there, was incredible since we had left the rougher rides to the end.

I didn’t go on the roller coaster ride. That damn thing was going way too fast and flipping in all directions. I wanted to keep my lunch in my stomach. But I did go on the falling elevator ride.

This ride pulled my stomach to my head and back to my feet. Over and over again it did that to my stomach. It lifted us up, stopped, and dropped us a couple of stories. Then lifted us up again, dropped once again a couple of stories. But each time it dropped us, they dropped us further until the last time it pulled us all the way up and dropped us completely to the ground. I was surprised the ride dropped us the entire ways down. We stood there as the elevator was dropping us. Once again it took a picture of us as we were falling to the ground.

Every ride we were on, if the ride took a picture, we bought the picture; a picture for each of us to keep. We needed to be able to show others we were there and did ride the rides.

The day came for us to go back home. The flight seemed to me to be shorter and faster than the trip from home to Florida. I figure it was because I didn’t want to go back home just yet. When we arrived at the airport we took a taxi back to the house.

We all unloaded our luggage from the taxi and went inside. I just threw my luggage at the bottom of the staircase and went into the television room. Joey and the rest of the guys joined me. Joey snuggled up next to me with my arms around him. We turned on the TV to find something to watch.

We ordered pizza and sat there eating pizza and talking about the fun we had. We completely ignored the movie we had decided to watch. Finally around ten we were all exhausted from the trip. Joey and I headed upstairs and went to bed. We cuddled for a while and then I fell asleep with my arms around Joey.

The next morning David and Tom went home. Joey, Chase and I just sat around doing nothing the entire day. We did that for the rest of the summer we had left. There was only a week left of summer when we returned from our trip.

The first day of school came faster then I hoped for. Joey, Chase and I got up and headed to school together in the car. When we drove into the student parking lot, we found a parking spot I felt was safe to park the car. I was driving the car this morning; I know I didn’t have a driver’s license. But what the heck I wanted to drive the car that I purchased with my money. I realized that I was going to have to get focused on getting my license.

I dropped Joey off outside the ROTC building for practice. Chase and I walked to the main building for him to register for classes. I was told I couldn’t wait for him in the registration office, so I walked back to the ROTC building.

Right as I walked in, practice was being let out. I saw Joey walking towards me through the crowd. I didn’t see anyone else around that I knew. Joey and I headed off for breakfast. Chase met us down in the cafeteria.

When we grabbed out trays of food and I saw David sitting by himself. We went over to him to find out what was going on.

“Hey David, my man, what is going on with you? You seem to be bored out of your mind sitting here.”

“No I am not bored. I’m just thinking that’s all. Plus I haven’t seen Tom since this morning. He decided to go out with the football team instead eating lunch with me.”

“Hey, you knew the transition back to school was going to be hard. You picked a guy that is even harder than me when it comes down to revealing he’s gay. His is a football player that can’t be gay at any cost. So just be patient that’s all. He loves you and that is all that counts.”

“I know you are right Jake. It is just hard to being without him.”

We just sat there eating lunch and talking about our first three classes of the day. Ralph and the other guys showed up right after we finished talking about Tom. I just hope they didn’t hear anything we talked about.

The bell rang it was time to head to fourth period class. My and Joey’s was ROTC so we headed across the street. When we walked in the build we took a seat in the back. Right as we were taking a seat, Sgt Haney grabbed Joey.

I think he forgot that he was the Company Commander and he had to do roll call every day. He was nervous and you could tell. But he did get through it. I was happy for him. I know as the days go on, it will get easier for him up there.

Like every year, Sgt. Haney sat there in front of the class explaining what the class demanded. This year each company was bigger than the last year. The size of each class was almost enough to form a third platoon.

I just sat there listening to Sgt. Haney as he was explaining the concept of the class to the freshmen and Joey was filling out the attendance sheet to be taken to the attendance office. Once he was done with that, he handed the sheet off to a private to run it down.

Sgt. Haney finished explaining what the class was all about and formed the class outside in formation. We were a mess as we were trying to get the Company formed. We had too many sergeants but not enough platoon sergeants. We had two first sergeants but no drill sergeant. I figure the attendance office didn’t help out the program this year. I started wondering what the other companies looked like. I soon found out.

“Mr. Hernandez I need to see you in my office, please.” Major Moore called out.

I followed him to the ROTC building to see what was up. When we reached the ROTC building Major Moore spoke up.

“Jake as you can see this Company is all messed up. So far, all of my companies are like this. I need help here and I am looking at you for that help. I have never needed an Intelligence Officer before. It isn’t part of the Battalion Staff or any Company Staff.

This person normally is used to put together plans of for the companies to follow. He or she would report to the Battalion Commander and no other. Let me ask you, in the two years you have been in ROTC, have you ever seen a First Lieutenant before?”

“Now that you mention it, no I haven’t. I thought that was weird that I didn’t see a cadet wearing the First Lieutenant rank” I responded thoughtfully.

“We don’t really use it in JROTC and the same for the master sergeant rank. I spoke with the DAI at lunch time and he recommended for me to use the open slot for an intelligence officer.

Your name came to mind and I offered it to the DAI. He looked over your folder and recommended me not to use the First Lieutenant rank but promote you to Captain. That way you will get the respect you deserve. So, to make a long story short, you are getting another promotion to Captain not to Second Lieutenant.

Once Colonel May sends me the official duties of this position, I will get them to you. But first I need you to fix my companies. Is there any question sir?”

“Just one I can think of at the moment. When I make the decisions regarding the formations, do I have to clear them through you before putting them into effect?”

“As far as any promotions to officer ranks, that is a yes. The reason for that is I need to clear those promotions through Colonel May, the DAI. However, any NCOs, I will leave that up to you sir.”

“Then that is it Sir, I will get right to work and start with this company first.”

I left the office with all the class rosters and each cadet’s rank. I looked over the roster for our Company and saw it was going to be an easy fix. With the other companies it was going to be a bit harder.

As I was sitting there, the Company came back in. I could see that Sgt. Haney wasn’t too happy with what was going on. Also, poor Joey he seemed more confused then the others. He came walking back to me to see what I was doing. “Hey bud what is going on? What did Major Moore need from you?”

“He was telling me about an open position” I answered.

“Oh cool. Does that mean you won’t be part of this Company then?”

“It looks like that, for now Joey, but who knows.”

Right as we were talking Sgt. Haney called for Joey. I looked over the class schedules and realized one thing. If the returning cadets were placed in the right classes, we had the right amount of ranking officers and NCO’S we needed.

So the first thing I did, I wrote down the overflow of officers and NCO’S in each class and their rank. Then fooled around with the class rosters and came out with a solution where there was no need for promotions or demotions. All had to do is speak with the registration office and see if I can change some cadets around.

The bell rang and Joey released the class. I didn’t have another class with Joey until sixth period. I took orchestra this period. The teacher came up to me at the end of last year to get me to join. He loved my voice and wants to see if I could sing.

I never thought that I could, but what the hell it doesn’t hurt to try. The first day of this class was boring as hell. I was so glad the bell rang for me to get to my last period class.

When I walked in Joey was already there saving a seat for me by him. I got over to him and sat down next to him. Just as the classes before, it was another period of explaining what was expected of us in the period. I have always hated first day of school, they were really boring.

When the bell rang Joey and I went to our lockers to put away our books.

“Hey Joey I will meet you at practice a little later. I need to go and see the registrar.”

“That’s cool I hope you plan to drop your fifth period class.”

He laughed as he walked away. I just ignored what he said and headed to the registrar’s office. I really don’t know how they would take it when a student walks in and starts asking to get some class schedules changed. When I walked in, there was a long line. I thought to myself I was going to be here all damn day but the line moved pretty quickly.

When I got to the front of the line I explained why I was there. The secretary sent me into the clerk’s office. I sat down and she looked up at me.

“Hello ma’am my name is Jacob Hernandez. I know this going to seem strange but I was given a position in ROTC this year by Major Moore. One of the duties in this position is to make sure the companies are formed with the correct compliment of personnel.

I don’t know how it was done in the past, but we have a mess this year. The promotions were done last year for all returning cadets. Now, as we started forming the companies, we have way too many officers in one class, not enough in the other. The same thing goes with the NCOs. So, I have broken down the cadet rankings and moved them around to fit the formations in each class.

I was wondering, if possible, we could fix this through your office?”

“I don’t see why not. It would run a lot faster if you had the students ID numbers.”

“I do ma’am right here.”

We sat there for about forty five minutes playing with the schedule of each student. Once it was done, we were able to move the students around to have the right amount of officers and NCOs in each class. The only change that was done to the student class schedule was the flip flop of classes we changed for ROTC. In order to do that, we had to play with several different students.

She gave me a new print off to take to Major Moore. The rest she was going to take care of herself. She even gave me a copy of each cadet’s schedule we changed to give to Major Moore to give to the cadets if he should see them first.

I headed back to the ROTC building to report to Major Moore what I had done. I really hoped I didn’t over step my bounds by doing this.

When I walked in, Major Moore was coming out of his office.

“It is niece to see that I gave you a higher promotion and you come in to practice even later. Don’t we have a lot of work to do besides getting the first issue of our newsletter out? You also have a lot of new duties to fill.”

“Yes Sir, I do understand all that. I was working on the personnel issues we have.”

I walked into Major Moore’s office and handed him his new rosters. I explained what I had done in order to fix the problem of our formations. I explained how I worked it out where we didn’t need to promote or demote anyone. Cadets have just been moved around.

He was happy with the end result and that I had taken the initiative to get it done. He told me he knew he had picked the right person for the position. Right then Sgt. Haney walked in.

Major Moore explained to him what was done to fix our problems with formations. Sgt. Haney was pleased as well. We knew for the next couple of days, the classes were going to be a mess. Until we had the right cadet in each class, there wasn’t going to be any attempt to form the companies.

When I walked out, I was expecting to see Joey. I was wrong. They were still shooting in the range. Major Moore called for a Battalion meeting in the large classroom. For the first time I saw this years Battalion Staff from the Battalion Commander, to the Battalion XO, S-1, S-2, S-3, S-4, and the Sergeant Major.

I was about to walk out the door when the Battalion Commander stopped me.

“You need to be in this meeting Jake. We have a lot to discuss and a lot of it is going to fall on your plate to do according to Major Moore.”

I walked back in and sat down. I never liked Loraine and now she was our Battalion Commander. The only good thing coming out of this is that it means this is her last year. She sat up there like a queen barking out orders. I just sat there listening to her.

I thought to myself that we are going to have another year that we are not going to have anyone promoted from our Battalion Staff to the Brigade Staff. There is no way Colonel May or the Board is going to promote Loraine to Brigade Staff. Our Sergeant Major is too young and only a tenth grader. She is smart, but still wet behind the ears.

I was pulled out of thought when Loraine was talking about the mess we had in each company. She was instructing her staff to be prepared to have some angry cadets. Then she turned to me and asked me to take over the meeting and explain the new programs we were going to start this year. At first I didn’t know what she was talking about, then I looked over to Major Moore and it dawned on me.

I got up and walked to the front of the classroom. This was the first time I stood up there as a leader. Plus I had to address the Battalion Staff at the same time. I was nervous at first, but as I started talking I wasn’t as nervous anymore.

“As Loraine said there is going to be some new programs put into effect this year. First of all, we will continue with The Flying Tigers. The newsletter was a success last year and we were able to use it as an effective recruiting tool.

Second we will be putting into effect a Promotion and Demotion Board. It will sit, at all times, the Battalion Commander and Battalion Sergeant Major. The rest of the Board will be made up of the officers and NCOs of the cadet in question’s company. It will also have either Sgt. Haney or Major Moore and the S-1 as our Promotion and Demotion Officer sitting as well.”

I went into complete detail on how the Board will work and why we decided to put together the Board. I also told them this would eliminate a bias on the promotions and demotions in the past.

“And finally I wanted to comment on what Loraine said earlier. We won’t have to worry about angry cadets coming to you guys; more so to you, S-1. The first duty I was given was to fix this issue with the unbalanced formations. It has been taken care of without any cadet losing their rank or position. Just playing musical classes with a few of our cadet schedules worked it all out.”

I was finished and turn the meeting back over to Loraine. She dismissed the Battalion Staff and pulled me into the office with Major Moore and Sgt. Haney.

She strongly expressed her anger with me over shadowing her in the meeting. At first none of us understood what she meant. Then she explained that she felt should have been the one to tell the staff about the issue with the formations and how it was fixed; not me.

Major Moore stopped her right there and told her that she opened the subject without checking with him or her staff if the problem has been dealt with. Since it was and it was part of my duties, I was responsible to correct any misinformation out there.

We left the office and she was still angry with me. I really didn’t care. She was the one that put me on the spot. I didn’t want to go up there and speak to the Battalion Staff. She called me up so I did what my job was.

I met Joey outside and walked to the car. When we got there, Chase was waiting for us. I was so happy to see Joey, I wanted to kiss him right there but I knew I couldn’t. We got in the car and headed home. Once we got home, Joey and I went upstairs to change.

I couldn’t keep my hands off of him. I was all over Joey and he was the same way with me. We knew we had to stop because Chase was waiting for us to go and eat supper. I gave Joey one last, long kiss before we headed downstairs.

The next couple of days went by pretty quickly. David still wasn’t able to spend time with Tom at school. We started hearing that Tom had asked one of the cheerleaders to go out. I figure he folded to peer pressure.

Joey and I were adjusting to our new positions in ROTC. I tried to help Joey out as much as I could. He was thankful for all the help I was giving him.

On Thursday I was stopped by the track coach. He wanted to know if I wanted to join track. I was tall and looked like I could run. I told him I needed to think about it. I really didn’t know if my body could take that kind of pressure.

This seemed very strange to me. Since when do coaches of teams start stopping students in the hall to recruit them to join their teams? They must be in bad shape and in need of students to join their teams to do that.

At lunch time it was confirmed about Tom dating a cheerleader. Her name is Heather, and if I liked women, she was beautiful. Tom had his arm around her while he was perched up on the table and Heather was seated on the bench below him.

I looked over to David and you could see the hurt in his face. His heart was torn out right in front of our eyes. I really didn’t know what to say at all. I wanted to go over there and knock some sense into Tom. I really believe Tom has no common sense.

It was worse when Tom turned and looked at us and didn’t even blink an eye as if it was normal for any guy or girl to be going out with a guy and a girl at the same time. Tom turned back to the others and continued with what ever they were talking about.

It couldn’t be anything earth shattering! These are football players we are talking about. They cheat off whoever and whomever they can. I have heard they even have certain geeks doing their assignments for them.

We walked off to our little corner of the quad. We sat there trying to get David out of the bummer mood he was in. I knew there was no way we could do that. So I stopped the guys and just let David be in his mind. Let him think about everything that is bothering him. Then when he is ready, he will talk with us.

The bell rang which separated our group. We headed to our classes to finish off the day. Going into Friday, David was even worse. He told us that Tom hasn’t even called him at home all week long. I was feeling for him, but at the same time I was keeping an eye on him and Joey. I don’t want my worst nightmare to come true.

I invited David to stay the weekend with Chase, Joey and I. that way he wasn’t alone in his room thinking about what was going on. He agreed to stay and waited for us to finish practice in ROTC.

All we did through the weekend was just hung around the house. We knew if Tom was going to try to talk with David, it would not be on Friday. It was the first game of the season and he was a starter. What surprised me was he didn’t even try to talk with David the entire weekend. So I decided on Monday I was going to talk with Tom.

During lunch on Monday I excused myself from the group to speak with Tom. I found him with his football buddies and new girlfriend outside the main stairwell of the school. I walked up to him and patted him on the shoulders.

“Tom, can I speak with you for a few minutes please?”

Tom just looked at me as if I was scum. He then looked back to his buddies. He whispered something in Heather’s ear and let her go. We walked as far away from them where we thought we were out of ear shot of his friends.

“Tom, tell me what in the world is going on here? The moment school started you have stayed away from David as if he has the plague or something.”

“What, are you afraid since I figured out what I truly am and love that you fags are going to get into a fight over one another?” Tom spat.

“Don’t even try to go there Tom. You are not straight and you know it. You made love to David and we have the video to prove it” I shot back.

Once I said “video” his eyes just popped open. He looked scared that we were going to show it to his buddies or his parents.

“Don’t worry Tom we are like not you. We won’t use the video to blackmail you into anything. You just don’t just wake up one day and decide what gender you like. You have allowed peer pressure to affect your decision. And that is fine as well. You are the unhappy one not us.

Here is the tricky part though Tom: When you realize that you cannot make love with Heather without thinking of making love with David or some other guy, in your mind you will be in worse shape then you are now. What’s going to happen when you can’t get little Tom to get up when she goes down on you and you have to come up with some sort of explanation? Again you will be in trouble. All you can do while being with her is pretend you’re happy. You can’t be truly happy with a girl when you have to be thinking of a guy to get it up! That isn’t a life I would want at all for anyone.

Plus when you figure this entire thing out, it will be too late. David will be gone and he won’t be there for you as he has been in the past.”

I looked at Tom and just walked away. Tom had nothing to say when I finished speaking my mind to him. I found the guys in the quad just talking. I pulled David to the side.

“I know you don’t want to hear this, but I am going to say it anyways. Tom is gone and will not be coming back. I know it hurts like all Hell to hear this. You don’t want to hear this at all. We have had our differences in the last few months, but you are still a friend.

I just talked to Tom and he believes he is straight; not gay. The guy has a lot of demons to battle with inside of him. Even if he decides that he is gay and you stay waiting for him, you won’t get him completely. Those demons will follow him no matter where he goes because of the field of work he wants to be in.”

“I know that Jake, it just hurts a lot right now!”

“I know it does David and you know we are all here for you. I am just glad it happened sooner rather than later. Knowing you, you would follow him whereever he went to college. After college, Tom gets his dream and gets drafted into the NFL. Knowing you, you would drop your dreams to allow him to have his dream. Then he goes through this at any other time and leaves you stranded somewhere out there.

Tom isn’t in a good place right now. I really believe he will never be in a good place. I like the guy and you two are great together. But it boils down to this; David, you are my friend not Tom. I care about you and again not him. That is why I am telling you this so you’ll hurt now and get over him.”

“I know you are right Jake. I agree with every word you are saying. I knew this day was coming since the end of last year when he told me about the guys getting on him about not dating. So I should have been ready.”

“You have us to lean on as long as you need. We are your friends and we about you. Then, when you are ready, we will do whatever we can to help get you back on that horse.”

“Thank you Jake, that means a lot coming from you” David said with deep emotion.

I wanted to hug David but didn’t. We just shook hands and went back to the group. David seemed to be a little bit livelier in the group than before. I liked seeing that. I also knew he was going to go through bouts of anger and sadness. We all needed to realize that and to be prepared for that as well.

Through all this, I needed to find it in my heart to trust Joey around him. I needed to believe in Joey’s and my love and the depth of the relationship we have. So that is something I have to work on myself.

That day in ROTC we were able to form the Company for the first time since the first day of school. What I heard was that all the companies in the Battalion were able to form with the right personnel in each.

While I stood there watching, Major Moore patted me on the back and waved me to follow him. When I walked into the office I saw that our first edition of The Flying Tigers was there. I was happy for that.

“Jake that isn’t the reason I asked to speak with you. I needed to talk with you about a very important issue that cannot leave this office.”

“Yes Sir, I understand.”

Major Moore shut his office door before he went to his desk. Once he sat down he started to tell me what was going on. I thought he was going to go back on the decision on my promotion in the unit. I come t find out some of the duties I was doing were suppose to be the S1’s and S3’s.

“Jake we have a problem right now in Unarmed Drill Team. The Drill Team Commander I picked isn’t up to par with what I need. I thought I might have promoted her too quickly through the ranks.

Right now, Loraine is still angry that I removed her as the Battalion Commander and put her in second command of the Battalion. It lost her a diamond (rank) and face. To top this all off, I replaced her with a tenth grader.

Now I feel the tenth grader isn’t ready for command of the Drill Team yet. What do you think, Jake?”

“Major Moore, through the couple of years I have been here, I have seen those that you have put in command of the teams. The members need to not only respect them but fear them at the same time. The Battalion Commander is trying too hard to make friends with everyone out there. That isn’t a Drill Team Commander.

Loraine on the other hand is feared by all and respected by her fellow Drill Team members. I think if you are going to need to replace the Drill Team Commander, you need to do an even swap. Put Loraine in charge of the Unarmed Drill Team and leave the Battalion Commander alone. Just let the Battalion Commander know that you want Brigade Staff.”

“I agree with you on that. I was thinking of putting Loraine in charge of the Unarmed Drill Teams. I just need to find a way to do it with out ruffling feathers.”

“I know I am not the one to talk about ruffling feathers after last year. When we had our talks, I always knew you were right and I was wrong. Not on content, but that you are the senior instructor. That is why I decided to join back up for another year. They have to come to that same understanding their minds.

Look Major Moore you have to make these decisions not us. What you need to know is one thing; I always respected you even when I was angry. They will always respect you, even when they are angry. I feel that is what it boils down to is that you didn’t get our respect by force but by us giving it to you. As you said many times, we have to earn the respect; not demand it” I concluded.

I heard during practice that afternoon Major Moore did the switch. Loraine felt she got her revenge on Susie who took the Battalion Commander position away from her. Susie on the other hand, didn’t seem to be too bothered by the change. I think she knew the team was going to be hers next year no matter what.

I tend to think what ever happens this year, putting her on the Battalion Staff and as the Battalion Commander completely ruins any chances for our Battalion to be getting any position on the Brigade Staff. I think what Major Moore is trying to do here is to give Susie a chance to get experience before the Brigade Promotion Board sits for next year.

We headed home plus with one extra passenger that evening. We got one of the extra rooms ready for David to stay in as long as he needed. Chase just finished cooking supper, when we finished getting David’s room ready. Chase called for us down to the dining room to eat.

As we were eating we started talking about the day. I kind of took over the conversation trying to figure what Major Moore was doing putting a tenth grader in the Battalion Commander position. I told the guys she had started out the year as the Sgt. Major and now Lieutenant Colonel. It is just weird.

“Jacob what is more weird about the whole thing is that Susie isn’t even been approved yet for Battalion Commander. They are still waiting on the DAI’s approval” Joey observed.

I just looked at Joey when he said that, I couldn’t believe that. How does Major Moore think he is going to get the promotion through Colonel May?

As we were talking the door bell rang. Chase got up and went to answer the door. I heard Chase calling that the door was for me.

I got up and went to see who was at the front door. I almost stopped in my tracks as the faces at the door became clear. It was the new District Attorney with some others in suits. I invited them and we sat in the den.

Joey came in and joined me and Chase in the den. Mr. Anderson, the new District Attorney, spoke first; “Jacob we apologize for bothering you during dinner and coming by unannounced. We need to ask you something that is very important.”

“Go ahead Mr. Anderson ask away.”

“As you know it has been a while since we have talked to you about Alejandro Garcia. He is alive and is sitting in county jail pending trial. We did everything we could to get him to plead out. We even were willing to throw out some charges to get him to plead out. Jacob he hasn’t taken any of our plea offers.

I feel he thinks he has the case won. Simply, in his mind he has all the witnesses scared to death of him, so none of them will testify against him in court. To top it all off, we cannot even find the two guys that tried to kill you at Wal-Mart. They have skipped town and we don’t even have a clue where they went.

Mr. Garcia has so many charges pending against him, if we could convict him alone on the charges for what he did to you, he will be going away for the rest of his life. What we do need Jacob, is for you to testify for us. Will you please think about testifying for us in court for?”

“I don’t need to think about it Mr. Anderson, I will testify for you. I am tired of running from this guy and his gang” I stated with firmness of conviction.

“Thank you Jacob you don’t know what this means. We have done a couple of things different this time. We rounded up most if not all of his gang members on charges. The ones we can not get our hands on is because they haven’t really broken the law. We are making their daily lives horrible. They want us out of their lives they have gone as far as saying so. They would not interfere with the witnesses or the court proceedings this time. Just we have to leave them alone.

I promise you this Jacob, we will not let up until the court case is over. We will be on top of this, not giving them a chance to breathe.”

“Thank you for that Mr. Anderson.”

“The first time we even get a sniff of something going south about you, we will protect you with everything we have. Your name won’t be added to the witness list that is given to the defense. We have already spoken with the judge about that.

The defense counsel isn’t happy about that. We have five John Doe’s and three Jane Doe’s listed as witnesses. We don’t want the defense to know the real names of our witnesses. In reality, it is just you.

So we are throwing in a lot of curve balls this time to make sure you are safe.”

“When is the court date sir? When do you need me to testify for you?”

“The case goes to trial next Thursday. We will be calling you to the stand the following Monday. Keep in mind you might be on the stand all day long. Once you testify, Mr. Garcia has lost the battle. So he won’t be going after you any more.”

“You got it Mr. Anderson, I will be there.”

Mr. Anderson gave his thanks again and shook my hand. He took his team of attorneys he came with and left. The rest of the evening was quiet.

That weekend we mostly stayed around the house. We wanted to keep David’s mind off of Tom. I really don’t know if we succeeded, but we tried. Come Monday we went to school as usual.

The school week was going by way too fast. I did join the track and field team after all. I didn’t really think they would have me run in any of the meets. I just figured to do it to get my legs stronger. We practiced early in the morning on the track. The sun hasn’t even come up when we practice.

I was able to do track and field and all the things in ROTC. Major Moore wasn’t any the wiser. I really don’t think he could tell me I couldn’t do it, but I didn’t want to take any chances. Plus I was enjoying my new position in rank.

On Thursday, shit hit the fan. Major Moore was paid a visit by Colonel May from the DAI office. Man when the meeting was over, Major Moore wasn’t happy. He called me and the S-1 into his office. Sgt Haney was there too.

“The reason I called you guys in here is because there is going to be a shake up in the Battalion Staff. Colonel May denied the promotion of Susie. He did sign for Loraine to be Battalion Commander, but not Susie.

I don’t want Loraine to be Battalion Commander. I have my reasons. What I need from you two is who you think can fill that slot?”

We both look at each other surprised about what we heard. Then I was the first to speak to the issue; “To give us even a chance to get a placement on Brigade Staff I believe our best chances at this point is our S-4. Cadet Fierro is smart and respected. He is on the Drill Team and what I can see when he is in uniform he has been awarded with high ribbons.”

“I agree with Mr. Hernandez on this. Fierro is already a Major and is on the Battalion Staff. So he can probably get the promotion to Battalion Commander.” The S-4 agreeing with me was somewhat surprising.

Major Moore replied to what we said; “That is a good idea you two have. What are we going to do with Loraine and Susie now?”

“Well with Loraine keep her where she is. As far as Susie you could either give her the S-4, but I think it’s out of the question. So I think you should put her back as Battalion Sgt. Major. The position has not been filled yet. Plus it will do what you were hoping for. Give her more documentable experience before going in front of Brigade Promotion Board.” I said to Major Moore.

“Good thinking there, Jacob. I will need to speak with the cadets today before the rumors start flying.” Major Moore replied before dismissing us.

I walked out thinking why in the world Major Moore would even think of putting a tenth grader as our Battalion Commander. All together that was wrong.

By Friday the dust was thick in the air over the changes in Battalion Staff. Loraine was angry that she didn’t get back the Battalion Commander slot. She thought since she was the battalion XO, she would have gotten the Battalion Commander slot. Fierro was surprised he got it at all.

I on the other hand I was getting very nervous. Monday was coming faster then I thought it would. The weekend went by really fast. When Monday morning came around, I couldn’t even eat breakfast. I told the guys to go to school, I would be ok.

I really wanted them to go to school and be out of danger. I still didn’t know how safe this was going to be.

When I arrived down town I couldn’t find a parking spot. I finally drove into one of the garages that you either pay by the hour or the whole day. I selected the whole day. I didn’t know how long I was going to be in court.

As I walked down Stanton Street to the court house, I was getting even more nervous. My tie was blowing in the wind as I walked. Once I reached Oregon Street, I was able to see the courthouse. It is the only glass building our city has. The county jail stood right next to it. It was taller than the courthouse plus the damn thing was white. It freaked me out just looking at it.

When I walked into the court house, I had to empty out my pockets. Then pass through a metal detector in order to get to the elevators. I had to put my book bag through the scanner to be scanned.

Once I was through the metal detectors and grabbed all my stuff. I went over to the map of the courthouse. I found the courtroom was on the sixth floor. I took the elevator up to the sixth floor and as soon as I got off I was snatched up.

One of the attorneys on the prosecution team took me to a conference room. He told me I had to stay in here until I was called to the stand. So I stayed in the conference room about thirty minutes. Then a door opened on the other side of the room. A uniformed bailiff was standing there waving me over.

We walked down a hallway until we got to a door that led into the courtroom. I heard the DA call my name. The bailiff opened the door and led me in.

Once I was in the courtroom, I saw it was full. I looked over to the defense table and saw the look on Garcia’s face. He looked mad but at the same time defeated. I glanced over to the DA and he was smiling. I made my way to the witness stand and stood there to be sworn in. I was sworn in quickly and took my seat.

Before the first question was asked by Mr. Anderson, I looked at the jury. I have never seen a real live jury before today.

Mr. Anderson started; “Sir, could you please sate your full name for the record?”

“Yes my name is Jacob Hernandez!” I said with a shaky voice.

“There is no need to be nervous Mr. Hernandez. There is water there if you need it. It is going to be a long day and I will try to get you off that stand as soon as possible.”

“Thank you, sir!”

“Mr. Hernandez, may I call you Jacob?”

“Yes Jacob is fine if not Jake.”

“Ok then Jake it will be. Let me start by asking you about the shooting in late September two years ago. You were attending Austin High School then, isn’t that correct?”

“Yes sir, I was attending Austin High School at the time.”

“On the day in question, do you remember what had happened at school?”

“Yes sir I do. That day along with few others in my life, I won’t ever forget.”

“Jake can you please tell the court what happened that day?”

“On that day I was coming from my lockers after school to meet my friends in front of the school. We had a group that walked home together everyday. I was walking out the front door of the building heading down the stairs. I saw where my friends were at, so I was heading over to them.

As I was walking down the stairs, I saw a black car, with tinted windows, and small tires driving slowly down Memphis Street. What caught my eye was the how slow they were driving. Then the windows were rolled down and several guys popped out of the car windows and started shooting at the school.

I was hit so I fell to the ground as they kept shooting. The last thing I heard was yelling and screaming around me before I blacked out.”

“Did you see clearly the person or persons that were shooting at the school that day?”

“Yes sir, I did see one of the shooters clearly that day.”

“How did you see that shooter clearly in such a short period of time Jake?”

“It wasn’t a short period of time sir. They were driving really slowly down Memphis; I was able to see the license plate on the car. It looked liked they were looking for someone.”

“Objection, the witness has no idea what the individuals were doing in the car at the time they were driving by the school?” The defense attorney objected.

The judge; “Sustained, the witness will reframe from assuming facts that he doesn’t know about.”

“Jacob did you see what the people in the car were doing while they were driving down Memphis Street in front of the school?”

“As I said, the car had tinted windows on the side and back windows. They were going really slow enough I was able to see the two in the front seats. They were both looking at the school and scanning the crowd of students.”

The defense attorney objected again. “Once again the witness is assuming what the guys were doing in the car while they were driving down Memphis.”

“Your honor the car was going slow enough for the witness to see in the front window and saw what they were looking at. I am not asking the witness what he thinks they were looking at, but what he saw they were looking at.” The DA stated to the judge.

The judge thought about the objection for a few moments. “Objection is overruled. The witness can testify to what he observed the people doing while they were in the car and out of the car.”

“Jacob can you tell us what happened as the car drove by the front of the school once again?”

“Yes sir, as they approached the front of the school, the windows to the passenger side and back door were rolled down. Then two guys crawled half way out and started shooting at the crowd of students that were there.”

“Did you see any of the shooters that were in the car that day?”

“Yes sir, I did; the one in the front passenger seat.”

“Is that person in the courtroom today? If so could you point him out to the jury?”

“Yes sir. He is here in the courtroom today.” I then pointed to Alejandro out to the jury.

“Let the record show that the witness pointed to the defendant.” Mr. Anderson replied.

“How certain are you it is this defendant that was shooting at Austin High School?”

“One hundred percent certain it is the defendant, sir. I saw him clearly through the windshield of the car and again when he crawled out of the passenger side window.”

“Ok Jacob, thank you. Let me now take you further into time. Is it correct that you were stabbed at a local Wal-Mart after Christmas last year?”

“Yes sir I was.”

“When you were shown the video of the day at Wal-Mart, did you recognize anyone from the video sir?”

“Yes sir I did.”

“Who was it that you recognized in the video?”

“The defendant was the one I recognized from the video following me around the store.”

“Let the record show the defendant was with the two youths outside of Wal-Mart that stabbed Jacob in the store.”

Mr. Anderson put on the tape that showed Alejandro talking to the two guys that stabbed me in the store. Then he showed several videos of him following me around the store while I was shopping. The courtroom was quiet throughout the playing of the video.

“Jacob let’s now take you even further in the future. Last May you were walking home from your friend’s house. Was there someone in the street with you that night?”

“Yes sir there was.”

“Did you know you were being followed that day or night?”

“No sir I didn’t know I was being followed at all.”

“When did you know there was someone behind you Jacob?”

“When I heard someone ask me to turn around to face them.”

“What happen next when your heard the request?”

“I started turning around Then I heard some yelling, I couldn’t make out. Then several gun shots went off.”

“Did you recognize the person that was behind you and asking you to turn around?”

“Not at first I didn’t. When the gunshots started going off, I was tackled. I looked over and just saw a set of eyes looking at me. Then when I got up and saw the guy be rolled over I did.”

“Who was it that was being rolled over?”

“The defendant was the one outside my friend’s house that day.”

“Did you see a weapon of any kind around the defendant when he was being moved?”

“Yes I did sir; I saw a pistol of some kind.”

“Well Jacob I thank you for your testimony here today and being as truthful as you have been with us.”

The judge sent the court to break for lunch. I was walked back to the conference room. I sat there for a few minute then Mr. Anderson walked in. He asked me if I wanted something to eat. I told him yes. He sent one of his attorneys to get us both some lunch.

“Jacob you did do a great job today. I didn’t want to ask you too many detailed questions. I found that if the testimony is kept short, the jury can follow it. I just want to warn you about this defense attorney.

He will go after you and try to mix you up. He will start out really nice then get meaner as he asks the questions. He likes to smear the witness and try to make him or her look guilty. He is good at what he does.

All I want you to do is keep it simple, don’t get mad. Just tell the truth of what happened on the days in question. Don’t try to make it more then what it is. If you do that, you will get through the cross. Please don’t get nervous up there.”

I agreed with Mr. Anderson on what he was telling me. Our lunch came and we ate. Shortly after we finished eating the court was called back into session. I was escorted back to the witness stand. Then the judge called for the defense attorney to begin his cross examination on me.

“Jacob I would like to also thank you for being here today. I know it takes a lot guts to be here in court today. Let me take you back to the shooting at Austin High School. You said with out a doubt it was the defendant you saw in the car that day? With all the bullets flying around, you being hit, and students running around, how could you be that certain it was my client?”

“Well, to begin with, the students didn’t start running around until the first shots were fired. I saw your client in the car as they were driving really slowly down the street and as he crawled out of the car window.”

“But you didn’t actually see him do the shooting did you Jacob?”

“I didn’t actually see who he shot at, no sir. I did see him with a gun in his hand and shooting it.”

“Your honor can you instruct the witness to answer only the question he is asked?” The defense attorney said to the judge turning to him.

“Mr. Hernandez you will only answer the question that is asked of you.” The judge instructed me.

“Ok Jacob, once again, did you see if the defendant actually shot anyone?”

“No I did not, sir.”

“You stated in a statement you made to police months after the shooting you saw the car and could pick it out. You were being shot at, at the time. How could you be one hundred percent sure it was my clients car that was used in the shooting?”

“Again the car was driving down Memphis Street very slow. I probably could have walked faster then the car was driving. I was standing on the top of the stairs when I first saw the car coming down the street. I saw it as clear as day. It was black, with black tinted windows all around, small tires in which the car was lowered down, and it was a Oldsmobile made in the late eighty’s. Also because it was driving very slowly, I was able to take down the license plate number.”

“Jacob that is quite a bit of information you got and remembered. How long was it from the time you saw the car and the shooting started?”

“It was probably around two to three minutes, sir.”

“Was it more like two minutes or three minutes?”

“It was closer to two minutes then three minutes, sir.”

“In two minutes you were able to look at the car was driving down the street, see the guys in the front seat, get all the detail of the car including the license plate number and look for your friends. You must have some kind of super powers, sir.”

“Objection your honor, the defense isn’t asking a question but instead making his closing argument.”

“Objection sustained, the defense needs to ask a question. If you have none, then sit down.” The judge replied.

“Sorry your honor, I just find it awfully hard to believe you were able to see what you said you saw in only two minutes. Are you sure that you are not making some of this up today?”

“I am sure about what I said to this court today.”

“How can you be so certain about that Jacob?”

“If you had been shot and almost died, you will remember the day that you almost lost your life. I sat in a hospital bed for months remembering every second of that day. It kept haunting me and still does.”

“Ok then Jacob lets go ahead and move on. How do you know if the defendant was involved in the stabbing at Wal-Mart?”

“I wasn’t for sure at first. All I knew was he was in the store following me. Later I found out through the police that he was named as the one that ordered the kids to stab me.”

“Objection you honor, the witness put facts not in evidence. The evidence the witness just said was not allowed to be used in the court.” The defense attorney said.

“Your honor the defense attorney opened the door with his question. The witness had no idea what evidence was and wasn’t allowed in court.” Mr. Anderson replied.

“Side bar please gentlemen.” The judge requested to the attorneys.

“Look you asked the question sir, which then allowed the evidence in. I can not un-ring the bell you rang. Now since you put the evidence in play, the prosecution can put it in evidence for the jury to see.” The judge was telling the attorneys at the bench.

“Ok please take your seats. The defense council objection is overruled. The jury can consider the testimony the witness just said.” The judge was instructing the jury.

“Jacob did the defendant stab you at the store that day?”

“No sir he did not.”

“Now let me take you to the shooting of my client. You stated that you were leaving a friend’s house, is that correct sir?”

“Yes sir that is correct.”

“Are you sure of that Jacob. Remember you are under oath here.”

“I am, sir. I am sure where I was of the night your client tried to kill me again.”

“Isn’t it true you were not leaving a friend’s house, you were leaving your lover’s house?”

“I am sorry sir, I don’t see what that has anything to do with your client trying to kill me” I retorted.

“It has a lot to do with it. If you lie about whose house you were at, what is stopping you about lying on the facts of this case? So let me ask you once again, who’s house were you leaving that evening Jacob?”

“I was leaving my boyfriend’s house.”

My voice started to quake as I answered the question. I felt every eye in the court room on me. As I looked at the jury, I felt they were measuring me as a human.

“Why did you lie to the court on whose house you were leaving Jacob?”

“I didn’t feel I was lying to the court. No matter if it was a friend’s house or my boyfriend’s house, it is still the same. Your client came up behind me and tried to shoot me in the head.”

“It matters a whole lot. If you were lying about your being gay, what else are you lying about Jacob?”

“I don’t see my being gay as an issue here. Straight or gay, a set of eyes sees and ears hear the same thing. Bottom line your client tried to kill me three different times after he shot up the school.”

“Objection your honor, the witness is stating facts not in evidence.” The defense attorney said to the judge.

“Objection is sustained. The facts of the case are only two attempts on the witness life. No more then that. There is no other evidence that is being considered about the other attempt on the witness life.” The judge replied.

“Jacob now knowing that you are gay, we don’t know if it was someone else that wanted to kill you because that you are gay. That night when someone tried to shoot you, are you still sure it was my client?”

“Yes sir I am sure it was your client. Whether he was trying to kill me to keep me from testifying or because I was gay, it is still the same. It was your client who tried to kill me that night outside my boyfriend’s house.”

“Objection your honor, the witness is stating he was almost killed by my client because of a hate crime. He doesn’t know why the shooter was trying to kill him.” The defense attorney, once again objected to the judge.

“Your honor it wasn’t the witness that put that out. In the defense’s own question he stated the hate crime language. The witness was only answering the statement the defense attorney was stating”; said Mr. Anderson to the judge.

“The objection is overruled. Will the defense attorney move on from the witness’ way of life? It has nothing to do with this case.” The judge stated.

“Then I am done with the witness your honor.”

“Thank Mr. Hernandez for your time you gave this court today. You are excused. The court is now adjourned until tomorrow at nine in the morning.”

I walked out the same door I came in. Alejandro gave me a look as if I should be watching myself. I went back to the conference room where I was waiting at before court this morning. Mr. Anderson walked in with a smile on his face.

“Jacob you did a very good job today. He didn’t get you on anything up there on the witness stand. I am sorry about him bringing up your personal life in public in the courtroom today. I hope he didn’t get you into something you didn’t want to be in. This case isn’t in the news. So I would not worry about it being broadcast all over the city.”

“Thank you, sir. It wasn’t your fault what the defense counsel did” I offered.

As we shook hands I was leaving. I wanted to get out of there before the crowd. Boy was I wrong. As I was trying to catch one of the six elevators, there was a line of people waiting as well.

When I finally walked out of the courthouse, I headed back down to the parking garage. The elevator to where I parked my car. So I decided to take the stairs.

As I walked out the door on the fifth floor I saw a strange group of people hanging around the floor. They didn’t look like they were looking for a car, but for someone.

So I decided to walk over to the car and get out of there.

I thought I was safe when I went. None of the guys were looking when I decided to head to my car. At least I thought that. There was a guy in the corner I didn’t see. He yelled out to the others, and before I knew it, they started running after me. I started running back down the stairs to get to the bottom. By the time I got to the third floor entrance, I fell down the next set of stairs. As I was getting up, my ankle was hurting. I looked up and they were almost on top of me.

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

I was kind of nervous all day during school. I really didn’t know what was going on with Jacob in court. David saw that wasn’t myself and tried to keep my mind off of Jacob and his being in court.

Chase kept glancing at me and David. I think he was being protective of Jacob and my relationship. For the first time since the fight this summer, I was alone with David. We really weren’t alone, but just without Jacob around.

Chase jumped into what we were talking about here and there, but kept quiet most of the time. Most of the morning was dragging on. Finally lunch was here and I met David and Chase in the hall before heading down to get our lunch.

As we sat there eating lunch, Tom and the rest of the football team walked in. Tom was all over Heather. It kind of got me hot under the caller when I saw that. I looked over to David and saw he was looking to. I knew if David didn’t stop looking there was going to be trouble. Sure enough the football team saw David staring at them.

They walked over to where we were sitting out and surrounded the table. Tom even got into the thick of things.

“What the hell is the fag looking at?” one of the line backers said hitting David’s head. I got up and spoke in David’s defense.

“Why don’t you guys just go back over there and mind your own business. David wasn’t doing anything to you.”

“Don’t get me started on your faggot ass. I know the story about you and your old school. I see now all faggots do hang out together.”

The same linebacker said. All the rest of the team started laughing including Tom. I was getting even matter seeing Tom laughing with them.

“You guys are so damn stupid! You can’t even see some of you are faggots as well.”

Right as the last word left my mouth, I was thrown against the table. Two of the linebackers had me pinned down. The rest of the guys at our table jumped in. Once David and the rest jumped in, the rest of the football team came to their friends’ defense.

Other students were shouting and throwing food. I was trying to get loose from the hands of the linebackers. The rest of my friends were fighting their own battle. I finally got loose and started slugging it out. All my eyes could was red.

TO BE CONTINUED……………

{It looks like Joey and the guys are not going to take it anymore. They are fighting back. How is this going to end? Will the football players beat the living daylights out of Joey and the guys? Look at what is going on down town with Jacob. Who in the world is chasing him down the stairs in the parking garage? Is he in trouble or not? Will Tom come to realize he is gay and can not hide it from people? Has he lost David all together? Jacob finally went and testified in court. But his personal life was brought out in court. Mr. Anderson said it wasn’t news, or was it? There is a lot to answer in the chapters to come. Stick around and keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy!

Please email me and let me know how I’m doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Your e-mails are the only “pay” that an author (and editor ED.) get for their work. Thanks!}

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Tom is so weak, hiding who he is is understandable in one sense but to get involved in hurting the person he professed to loving, is beyond callous.

Link to comment
2 minutes ago, Lwj said:

Tom is so weak, hiding who he is, is understandable, in one sense but to get involved in hurting the person he professed to love, is beyond callous.

 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..