Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 5. Chapter 5

The way yesterday ended, kept me thinking. How can someone who has so much dislike of a group of people, and really never gave them a chance? Don’t get me wrong, just like in every walk in life, we have our bad apples. Still, don’t judge all, by the few. It looks like Brian wants to give Joey and rest of us a chance. At the same time I wonder if the peace among us, is like fools gold. Time can only answer these thoughts.

Well, what can be said, nothing more happened during the week. I was thankful for that. We had a weekend and a Monday full of events, that can last a lifetime. We stayed with our normal routine, walking to school and coming home. Just talking and enjoying each another’s company. I think though, Chase has figured out that Joey might be gay. He at times asks weird questions about Joey, when we are alone.

The only big change in our routine last week was that we never went down to Joey’s house, to do our homework or hang. It seems that Joey never wants to go home in the evening anymore. Of course I don’t push him out of the door. I try to keep him as long as I can. I love being with my boyfriend, just us together in my room, cuddling, feeling each other, just simply growing more and more in love with one another.

One thing I have found strange is, Joey’s parents really didn’t argue or push for Joey to come home early in the evening anymore. By the time Thursday rolled around, Joey started eating dinner with us and staying till it was pretty much time for us to go to sleep. I would normally walk him home around seven before. By Thursday it is more like ten or ten thirty.

I really think Joey’s mom felt more at ease with Joey at my house, than home with his father when she wasn’t around. Once again, I won’t argue with that; the more time for me to spend with my boyfriend, the better it is.

As we were walking home on Friday, after dropping Chase off at his street, I got a thought in my head, and so I asked Joey:

“Joey, what do you think about going to the football game tonight at the high school?”

“Ummm, do you think we will be ok there?” Joey asked with concern.

“I believe so! I think the days of Brian trying to pick a fight with you or me, are over. I truly believe he wants to be friends with us!” I said with confidence.

“Well, I think it would be ok. I will ask my mom if I could stay the night at your house, and we could go. But we can’t tell my parents were going to the game. Ok?”

“Not a problem and I will call Chase and see if he wants to go too.”

“Cool, let’s do it then!” Joey exuded with anticipation.

When we arrived at the apartments, we started to say our goodbyes in the laundry room at the corner of the building. What I mean by goodbyes isn’t the normal fist hitting, if you get my drift.

We walked in, checked to see if anyone was around, found no one, and we started to kiss. Joey just makes me hot, I mean really boned up. Put aside the thoughts that this guy is too hot to be gay, but he likes me, he wants me. We kissed and I started to move my hands under his shirt, moving up to his nipples. Then back down to his belly button, and played around with it.

For the first time since we’ve been going out, I decided to take it a little further. I started to move my hands further down till I reached his waist line, where his belt is. Then I decided to see what would happen, I moved even more down, and started to feel around his crotch area. I found what I was looking for. You couldn’t miss it. Joey was already hard as a rock, and he is big; I’d say by the feel of it, at least eight inches.

I started squeezing his cock through his Levis and Joey started to moan. I looked into his face, and his eyes were closed. I started kissing him even deeper and at the same time I was able to get a good hold of his dick. Each time I felt it and squeezed it, it jumped, and Joey was moaning like crazy. I kept squeezing his cock and playing with it through his pants.

We broke off the kiss, and just stood there looking at each other. His eyes showed nothing but love for me, I just melted. I gave Joey one more quick kiss, and he headed up to his apartment, and I headed home to mine.

When I got home, I started cleaning the house, doing my chores, getting dinner ready. I headed into my room, opened my socks drawer and pulled at the little money I had saved up. I counted it up; twenty four dollars. I figured this should be enough for tonight. Then the door opened; “Hey little bro, what’s going on? We haven’t seen much of each other for weeks now?”

“Not much! Andy, does mom know that you’re not going to school?” I said to my brother, Andy.

“No not yet. But I figure it’s only a matter of time until she will find out. Boy will she be mad. She moved here for me to go to school, and then I got kicked out of another school.”

“She won’t get it from me. Just promise, when she does, just let her yell, don’t argue back, please!” I pleaded.

“I promise little bro. I know I don’t make it easy for you. Mom’s mistrust of me makes her think you are going to turn out the same way. But Jake, you’re her little angel, you won’t go bad.” Andy laughed.

“I am no angel, trust me, Andy!”

“Yes you are. Our sister will screw up before you ever will; that I can promise you.”

“Andy, do you think we could hang this weekend sometime? I miss my big brother, and I need to talk to you about some things.”

“No problem Jake. Let’s hang on Sunday. Ok?”

“Cool, Sunday it is. Also is it cool with you that Joey stays the night?”

“If mom says it’s ok, but there’s something about that kid that gives me the creeps. Plus I hear he is gay, so you better watch it, he might want to turn you gay!”

Andy laughed walking out, then I heard the front door shut. I was going to tell him I was gay, that’s why I wanted to hang with him this weekend. I really wanted him to know Joey and that he is my boyfriend, but not anymore. I need to figure something else out to talk to him about on Sunday. But at this moment I don’t have time to figure that out. I have to get ready for this evening. Andy is the cool one of the family, more laid back than the rest of my family. So, he has this reaction about rumors of Joey, I know now that I can’t come out to him or the rest of the family. I must keep it my secret.

I decided to call up Chase and see if he was down to come with us to the football game. I dialed his number, it rang a couple of times, and he answered:

“Hello!”

“Hey there Chase! How’s it hanging?”

“Jake, doing good; how about you?”

“Nothing much here. I know you probably getting tried of seeing my face and Joey’s at school, but do you want to go and hang at the game tonight?”

“Hey, Jake, I never get tired of seeing good friends faces. Sure I would love to go to the game. What time?

“How about you meeting us on your corner around six thirty?” I suggested.

“Sounds cool, see you guys then.”

I felt good as we hung up. I went up front to finish dinner. We all ate, except my brother. I asked my mother if I could go, she said yes. I went to get ready and just as I finished, there was Joey standing at my doorway!

“Hey man, how long have you been standing there?”

“Long enough to see the prize I have wanted for a long time now!”

Shutting the door, Joey came up, rapped his arms around me. He started to kiss my neck, I moved my face to catch his lips to mine. As we were kissing, Joey’s hands moved further down my pants, and started to unzip me. I was in heaven as he put his hand into my fly, and started to play with my cock through my boxers. I was really horny, and Joey knew it. He kept pulling at my cock until I was about to climax. He decided to pull his hand out.

“It’s time to go, we don’t want to be late!” Joey said as he moved away from me.

“Don’t be a fucker, you can’t get a guy all horned up like this, and just leave. Now I am going to have a hard on all night!”

“Just as I planned!” Joey said with evil intent in his reply.
“Ass, I will get you back for this!” I mock threatened back.

Slapping Joey on his back, we walked out of my room. As we were heading to the game, it wasn’t cold yet, but nippy so there was no need for a coat or even a long sleeve shirt. While walking, I had to keep readjusting my balls and cock in my pants. Joey did a number on me, and he knew it, and enjoyed it.

Chase was waiting for us in the normal spot. He joined us.

“Man you guys, we are going to have some fun tonight!”

“I agree my friend, tonight we are going to kick back, and have fun!” I stated.

“So Joey who are you going for since these guys were asses to you?” Chased laughed.

“Our school of course; they may have been asses, some of them, but I won’t bail and go for the other team.”

“Cool, way to show school spirit Joey!”

As we walked around the school to get to the football field, I got closer to Joey, and placed some money in his hand. I didn’t want Chase to see I was paying for Joey, but I still wanted to pay for this night. It’s like kind of our first date.

Joey looked at what I have handed to him, he then looked up to me. He was about to say something, when I leaned in and whispered; “Tonight is on me, don’t worry about it.”

We walked up to the ticket booth, paid for our admission which was only two dollars for students of the two schools playing that night. We each grabbed a coke, hot dogs, and nacho’s, and found seats on our side of the field.

The Austin Panthers football team came running out to the field, ready to do battle. For a high school team, they are kind of big. Our enemy of the night was already on the field. Since both teams already did their warm ups, the game was on its way.

Chase, Joey, and I yelled when there should have been a foul on the play for the other team, or when a foul was called on us, no matter if it was right or wrong. By half time, we already had twenty one points to their three; we had the game well at hand. Plus my voice was horse. I couldn’t yell much anymore. Both marching bands played during halftime, which was kind of boring. Then the second half got on its way. We just creamed our competitors; we left nothing on the field. The final score was thirty eight to six.

We had tons of fun all through the game. At the end, we joined the crowd and rushed the field. The school hasn’t won an opening game in eight years, and then to top it all off, it was the second place football team of last year that we had creamed. My classmates and I had a reason to celebrate. We hope the rest of the year goes this way!

Joey and I reached my apartment almost at eleven, after dropping Chase off. This time we walked with Chase up to his house and we stayed awhile. We chatted about the game, but mostly played Sega Saturn, a race car game, which I sucked at playing.

‘Finally!’ I thought to myself, as I slumped into my bed. Joey came over, and sat between my legs and relaxed against my stomach. I reached around, reached his hands, entwined our fingers together and just sat there. I turned on the television, channel surfed, then settled on a movie on HBO. It was an action flick, I really don’t care for action movies, but Joey seemed to be enjoying it.

As the movie came to an end, I must have dozed off, Joey woke me; not on purpose, he was getting up. We selected another movie, and laid down side by side together as we watched the movie.

I looked over to Joey, with the light coming from the television, I was able to see Joey clearly. He was wearing a button down black dress shirt, it kind of fit him tight, tucked into his black jeans. I was able to see the outline of his cock through his jeans. As I went down his legs, beautiful to say the least, reached his feet, wearing a pair of black Nikes, which looked like white socks.

I moved onto my side, started to rub his chest. He looked over at me and we kissed. Joey can kiss, going from regular to French kissing and back. I started to unbutton his shirt and un-tucked it from his jeans. I started to kiss his neck, trying to leave him a love mark, moving further down his chest, kissing each of his erect nipples, sucking on each like an infant. I undid his belt, unbuttoned his jeans, then pulled his zipper down.

I played with his cock through his black boxer briefs. I love guys in boxer briefs. Joey was already hard as a rock. He started to moan, not loud, but I was worried, I didn’t want him to wake up my mother or sister. I went down to Joey’s feet, untied his first shoe, took it off then the other. I slowly pulled off his jeans, and tossed them to the side. There he was, lying on my bed, just in his white socks and black boxer briefs, with a hard on struggling to get free.

I went back up, started playing with his cock again and it was still hard and was now leaking pre-cum through his underwear. I gently put my hands under the waist bands of his underwear, moved them down his legs then off altogether. As I was moving his underwear off, his cock snapped up at attention. That was what I was waiting for. I leaned in, grabbed his cock, and put it in my mouth, licking the head at first, making Joey moan and squirm with his legs going all different direction. I slowly went down on his cock, little at a time until I was finally all the way down and my face was in his pubic hair.

I started to go up and down, at the same time, following with my hand jacking Joey off. I came up after a few deep plunges and started to lick his cock down to his balls. I played with his balls for I few minutes, then turned my attention back to his dick. I started out slow, as before, then steadily increasing my speed. Joey was moaning louder and louder.

“I am going to cum, Jake! It’s cumming! I am going to cum!” Joey said, giving me warning.

I didn’t let up, kept going, then his first shot hit the back of my throat, then the second, third and fourth. As the rest flowed out of Joey’s cock, I couldn’t swallow it all, some actually leaked out of my mouth down his dick. I lost count around the sixth shot, it felt like a faucet was turned on. Finally, Joey stopped shooting and his dick slipped out of my mouth, and lay on his stomach. He started to calm down, his breathing coming back to near normal.

I moved up next to him, leaned in, and kissed him. I draped my arm over his chest, and laid down, falling to sleep. I was wakened when I felt something or someone tugging at me. When my eyes focused, I saw Joey down between my legs undoing my belt.

He had already removed my shoes, now he was unbuttoning my pants, and pulling them off. Joey looked up to me, smiled, and started to play with my dick through my boxers. Wide away I got hard, and Joey was happy. He pulled my boxers down and off, came back up and we started to kiss. He moved his down, kissing every inch of my body until he reached my dick. It was leaking pre-cum as if there was no tomorrow.

Joey placed my dick in his hand, putting his lips on the head, licking it, and then started going down. He took my dick in his mouth, started up and down, at the same time rolling my balls gently in his fingers. He started going faster and I realized it wasn’t going to take me long to cum. I was already horned up from earlier this evening. Before I knew it, I yelled at Joey; “Joey stop, I am going blow, I mean it, it’s about to……”

Right then, I shot after shot after shot. Just like me, Joey couldn’t swallow it all and cum leaked from his mouth down my dick. Once I finished cumming, Joey let go of my dick, and it rested on my stomach.

We rested for awhile, then Joey got up, put his underwear and t-shirt back on. He threw me my boxers. I got up, grabbed my towel cleaned up, put on my boxers, and grabbed myself a shirt to sleep in.

I crawled into bed and Joey followed. He laid with his back against my stomach, I brought my arms around him, and pulled him in tight to me.

“Joey, thank you! You don’t know how much this means to me.”

“No need to thank me Jake, I wanted to do this since the first day I saw you!”

“Do you regret that we did it?”

“Not in a million years! It was everything I thought it would be, and more.”

“Thanks!”

“Jake, do you think one day we are going to go further?”

“I believe we will, but we won’t worry about that until that time comes.”

“I want you to be the one Jake!”

“I feel the same, Joey. I want you to be the one for me!”

We fell asleep. I don’t remember the last time I slept this good. I was woken up by my mother screaming, at first I thought she caught me and Joey, but the door was still shut, and Joey was still sound asleep by me.”

I jumped out of the bed, put on a pair of shorts, and ran out of my room to see what all the yelling was about. My mother was angry as hell, yelling her head off. At first I didn’t understand what was going, then I finally understood her.

“Someone stole my car, damn it! Someone stole my car! Where the hell is the telephone at?” mom ranted throwing things around in the living room. When my mom gets mad, she doesn’t think straight She seems to like throwing things around. I grabbed the phone for her and handed to her. At that moment, she glanced over where we hang our keys, and hers were missing.

“Is Andy here Jake?”

“No mom, he didn’t come home last night!” I answered honestly.

“He took my car, that son of a bitch took my car! That’s it! I have had it with him! He doesn’t stay in school, he doesn’t do a thing around here, he is never home, and now he stole my car!”

My mom always wanted a sports car. Finally she was above water financially and she bought herself a new Camero. This is not a smart call when you have three teenagers in the house, but she wanted one, so she bought it. Still angry as hell, she picked up the phone dialing my brother’s friends.

I walked back to my room, Joey was already awake, dressed, and just sitting on my bed.

“What’s going on Jake?”

“My brother stole my mom’s car, and she is totally pissed about it!” I answered.

“Oh, do you think I should go home?”

“No way! I want to be with you. You going home won’t solve this problem.” I stated emphatically.

“I want to be with you too, but I think I will be in the way” Joey said with concern.

“You won’t. Just stay please! Your parents said you could stay the weekend. We never had that before and I won’t let this mess it up for us.” I debated.

“Okay!”

I heard my mom yelling for me.

“Jake!”

“Yes mom!”

“I just talked to a friend of Andy’s. He was with your brother last night, and told me where to find the car. Grab Joey, and let’s go.”

I ran to my room where Joey was waiting. I put on a pair of socks then my shoes, and we headed out. My mom isn’t a big woman, but she isn’t the size she was when she was younger either. A walk now and then might do her some good. We walked down to the middle school, and sure enough, there it was, parked in the parking lot.

“Jake, Joey and I will wait here by the car while you go up to Dan’s house and get my keys” mom ordered.

“Ok, I will be right back!” I said dutifully.

I started to walk down to my brother’s friend’s house, when I heard my mother call for me to come back. I hurried back, and she was sitting in the car.

“You don’t have to go, the keys are here. Get in, and let’s go!”

“Ok.” as I got in, Joey was already sitting in the back seat, “What about Andy?”

“What about him?”

“Where is he?”

“His friend didn’t say, and right at this moment I don’t care. He will show up sooner or later, and I will deal with it then.”

I just looked at my mom, and didn’t say a word. I learned a while back not to talk back to my mother. We were visiting back home in Wyoming, and I wanted to go see my step grandma but my mom didn’t. Through my anger, I called my mom a hypocrite, with in a blink of a eye, she slapped me across my face. Since then, I have never talked back to her.

“Boys, why don’t we go down and pick up breakfast at McDonald’s? Joey, do you think your sister coming over this morning?” mom asked.

“I really don’t know!” Joey replied

“Well, to be on the safe side, we’ll grab a plate for her too” mom decided.

“Thanks!”

“Yeah, thanks mom!”

She turned and looked at me, and smiled. We pulled up to the drive thru, ordered our breakfasts, and headed home. Sure enough, when we got home, Fran was there with my sister.

We sat down, and ate breakfast. Not another word was spoken about what had happened this morning. Instead my sister asked my mother if Fran could stay the night, and my mom agreed. We all finished, threw away our wrappers and plastic plates. Joey and I headed to my room to play Sega Saturn, and the girls went to my sister’s room. My mom sat down and turned on the television.

Joey is kicking my ass in the game, and I am enjoying it. Just to see him laugh makes my day and really makes me happy on a new and deeper level than I have known before. It was almost one in the afternoon when I decided to take a quick shower, and change out of the clothes from last night. Joey followed after me.

We decided to walk down to the middle school and just be together out of the eyes of others. As we walked, we saw a walk area between the buildings, isolated from viewing. So we went in, kissed, and just stayed in each others’ embrace. Joey seemed to be wondering about something; he has a blank look on his face.

“Joey what’s wrong?”

“Nothing Jake, I was just thinking, that’s all.”

“Thinking of what?”

“I much I have fallen for you, how I can’t go a day without seeing you, talking with you, just being with you!”

“Joey, it’s the same for me. I just can’t seem to breathe anymore without you. I think this is what love is, I think!’ I dared venture with the “L” word.

We both laughed, and then it got quiet again. Joey had the same blank look on his face, and I know there is more than he is telling me.

“Joey what’s going on, and be honest with me, please?” I asked.

“Jake, I am afraid of what the future holds. Where are we going to be a year from now, or even six months from now?”

“I am not planning to go anywhere! I will be right here with you. Nothing will take me away from you, Joey.”

“Thank you Jake!”

Leaned in and we kissed, and just stood there. We both were silent for awhile, and I hate to stand there in silence with anyone.

I looked at Joey, pushed him, and started to run from him. Joey gave chase, and we were almost neck and neck. I jumped on top of a concrete planter, wide enough for only one foot at a time, but I still was able to run on it.

I looked back, and Joey was still running on the sidewalk. As I was looking back at Joey, he started yelling, had no idea what he was yelling about, and right when I turned my head around, I fell down. Landing on my left side and slid a little bit.

At first I think I was stunned, I just sat still for a moment. Joey came right up to me, kneeled down, and starting touching me.

“Jake are you ok? You took a hard fall”

“I don’t know, I think I am ok!”

I started to get up, but when I went to use my left arm to help push up from the ground, a pain so bad started going up and down the left side of my body. I was in so much agony, I just flopped right back down.

“Jake what’s wrong? Did you break something?”

“Don’t know, my entire left side is hurting real bad. I don’t think I broke anything.”

“What I can see, you got some scrapes on your face, but doesn’t look like you have any bones sticking out” Joey observed.

Once again I tried to get up, and once again I couldn’t. Joey had to help me up. I was in a lot of pain. My arm felt like it had fallen off. I looked, it was there, just hanging limp, but there. I went to move my left arm with my right hand and it just hurt too much.

“Let’s head back to your apartment and see if your mom thinks you need to go to the hospital” Joey said, taking charge of the situation.

“Let’s head back, but don’t tell my mom anything. She is still angry about this morning, and I don’t want to upset her anymore than she already is!”

“Jake, what if it’s broken?”

“No bones are sticking out, so I don’t think it is.”

“It’s not necessary for bones to be sticking out for it to be broken. We must tell your mom in order for you to go to the hospital.”

“No Joey, we won’t tell my mom! We will go back, and just go to my room” I said emphatically.

We continued walking home silence. When we got in, my mom was still watching television. She looked up, said “hello”, and went back to watching whatever she was watching on television. Joey and I walked back to my room, went in and shut the door. I went over and laid on my bed, and Joey sat next to me. We were quiet at first, then Joey got up and went to the bathroom. He came back with a wash cloth, and wiped my face, getting rid of the dry blood that was on it.

I still was unable to move my left arm, and the pain seemed to be getting worse. No way I was going to tell Joey, he would demand I tell my mom, and I didn’t want that. She was already nervous about Andy and I didn’t want to load her down with another worry.

“Joey, everything is ok. I am fine. Turn on the video game and play”

“I am not in the mood to play.”

“Then let’s watch something on television!”

“I don’t want to watch television either. There’s no way you are ok. You took a fall out there, and you hit hard. I saw it, and now you are sitting here, telling me nothing is wrong.”

“Yes I am, I have a little pain, but that’s all. I think if it was broken, I would be in worse pain than I am.”

“Jake I am starting to get to know your faces, and this face you have on now, is the face of hiding something.”

“I am not hiding anything, please let’s drop it!” I said with a distinct edge of aggravation in my voice.

“I can’t if you’re hurt. Your mom won’t be mad with you. It was a accident.”

“I know it was an accident, but I can’t worry her with another worry or expense. We don’t have insurance, so she will have to pay for the visit. I can’t do that to her.”

We stood quiet for while. Joey got up from the ground, and sat between my legs, rested his back on my stomach. I put my right arm around him and we just sat there.

“Jake I know you’re in pain. Please, just tell your mom.”

“No, I don’t think it is broken, I really don’t think it is.”

“Then what do you think it is?”

“The pain is coming from my shoulder socket. I think I knocked my arm out of my socket. So can you help me?”

“Help you how?”

“By putting my arm back into my socket. It’s real easy. I lay down on the bed, my left arm hanging out, and you pull on my arm, out and upward.”

“Won’t you be in a lot of pain?”

“I am pretty sure I will be, but we’ve got to try.”

Joey got up from the bed and I laid down, with my face in the pillows, with my left arm dangling off the bed. Joey came up, grabbed on my arm, and without warning, pulled it out and up. The pain was shot up my arm so badly that I started yelling into the pillow, biting down on the pillow. Joey let go, and I just laid there for a few minutes.

I stood up from the bed, my arm was still hurting, but nowhere near the pain I had before. Now I can move it around. As I did move it, it hurt, except the pain was dull compared to what I was feeling earlier when I first fell on my arm.

“Jake, how does it feel?” Joey asked deeply concerned.

“Good Joey, thank you!”

To get Joey to settle down and change the topic, I decided to tell Joey how it was growing up in Wyoming. He always wanted to know, I just never wanted to talk about it. I always changed the subject, but this time I will bring it up.

“Joey, have I ever told about the small town in Wyoming where I was born?”

“No! Tell me, I have lived here all my life.”

“Well besides all the snow we got during the winter months compared to here, Cheyenne is a pretty small town. It’s the capitol of Wyoming. Right in the middle of town, is the Capitol Building.

The town is still set in the past. What I mean by that, each race lives on each side of town. We mix, but you can’t marry out of your race. We lived on the south side of town in a trailer. My mom owned a double wide, and it was kind of big with three bedrooms and two full baths. Our elementary school is across the street. Roseman Elementary School is one floor, with a play ground. The play ground had the letters of the alphabet, swings, colored tires in the ground, a jungle-jim, a teeter-totter, a sand box, and a tether ball court. But what I can remember the most was my fourth grade teacher.

Joey I tell you, he was the coolest teacher I ever had. He would walk into class on his hands. He would do everything to make class fun, but we learned. During Halloween we could go to the school, dressed up, and trick or treat through the classrooms. Each classroom had a theme. The ones I can remember were musical chairs and cake walk. My teacher walked the entire evening on his hands. I had a lot of fun that year.

It was the year right before we moved here. We moved the following August, a week after my birthday. The reason I can remember that is because that entire week we had real bad hail storms.

Small towns Joey, you do weird things in them. Even today it has a population of around fifty five thousand, where we have ten times that amount, over five hundred and fifty thousand.”

“That sounds fun, I didn’t have anything like that. I wish I did” Joey said reflectively.

“Yeah, it was fun I can tell you.”

Joey sat back down between my legs, and we chatted about growing up. How different it was in my small town to here. There were many differences, but some of our experiences were very much the same.

It got quiet for awhile, so I grabbed the remote control and turned on the television, found a movie on HBO, and we laid there watching it. We got bored watching the movie, so we decided to play Sega Saturn. I was only good at one game, and Joey put in a basketball game. I couldn’t figure out how to run, throw, or even steal the ball away. Man, did I suck at this game, as I did in real life!

My mom yelled for all us to come to eat dinner. Joey and I got up and headed to the den. I tried to be as careful as I could with my left arm. I sat down with Joey on my right, my sister and Fran across from us, and my mom at the head of the table. I served everything with my right hand., but I did move my left. Talk about being sore, it was, but I moved it so no one would ask any questions.

My mom saw the scratches on my face, and I explained them away with the truth; I fell. Lucky for me, today was my sister’s turn to clean up. So Joey and I went back to the room. We picked up the game where we left off. Joey was having so much fun teasing me and I wasn’t that happy about it!

With my arm still sore, Joey and I really didn’t do much the rest of the evening. We joined my sister and Fran outside, with make shift basket ball court, and played a couple of games. It was fun, but I had to sit out more than I was able to play.

When Joey and I went to bed, he crawled in last, where I was able to sleep on my right arm. We cuddled together, kissed, and mainly talked.

Before we knew it, the morning was here, and I was feeling a little down, I knew the weekend was coming to an end, and Joey would have to go home. I really wanted last night to be better than the night before. Due to my arm being hurt earlier in the day, we couldn’t do what I wanted and I’m sure Joey wanted the same thing.

Breakfast went by quickly, midmorning rolled around and Joey and his sister had to leave. Before they left, Joey and I said our goodbyes privately in my room. I was tearing up, as Joey was! We knew we would see each other the next morning. I was in love with Joey so that my heart ached when he wasn’t around. I never thought I could feel this way about anyone. Until now, I really thought I was going to grow old alone.

“Jake I don’t want to leave already!”

“I don’t want you to leaver either! I can’t believe the weekend is over already. I want to be with you every waking moment of every day. I know that sounds sappy, but it’s what I really feel!”

“It doesn’t sound sappy. I feel exactly the same way about you. But I know my mom won’t let me stay a week night” Joey lamented.

“I know, and I don’t want to dare to ask and ruin the weekends we have. Just promise me that you will be thinking of me, because I will be thinking of you, Joey!”

“Trust me; that is a promise I know I can keep. I’ll always be thinking of you. Look at us, talking like two old women, as if one of us is going away for months on end.”

We both laughed about that, hugged one another, and started to kissing. We didn’t break until we heard Fran calling for Joey. That was that. Joey walked out and went home. I sat in my room, really not wanting to do anything.

Sunday went by fast. Monday nothing really happened much, we did our normal routine as always. The entire week went about the same. Friday rolled around, and this weekend Joey couldn’t stay over, he had to go with his family out of town. I felt like somebody kicked me in the nuts and I expect Joey felt the same.

It has been a week since my brother Andy ‘borrowed’ my mother’s car without her permission. Up until now, none of us have seen or heard from him. I was getting worried. Andy has left the house before, but only stayed out for a couple of days, not for a week. I feel in my gut, something has happened.

The next couple weeks went by real fast. Our football team right now is four and o undefeated. We haven’t had a season begin like this in over a decade. The school was celebrating, thinking this will be the year. The Coach was right when he spoke with me those many weeks ago; he has a team this year that can win.

As for Joey and me, our relationship was getting even closer than I could even imagine it could have. We spent as much time together I was we could. I just love cuddling with Joey. He gives a feeling of security I have not felt from anyone in my life.

We studied together for the six weeks exams. I hated it, but Joey liked it. We both aced our exams. We studied together every evening. I was starting to worry if we were even going to pass the exams. Most of the time while we should have been studying, we ended up making out and cuddling with each other. I couldn’t help it! Joey wore clothes that just got me going. I loved how he wore his clothes. Jeans that were tight in the crotch, loose on the way down; shirts not tight, but not loose; just right for his body. He always wore clean shoes. I started thinking he had a brand new pair each day.

Finally the weekend got here after the exams, and we were grateful. Joey, as always, was going to stay the weekend with me. I was running late to meet Chase and Joey in front of the school, where we could walk home.

Something caught my attention, I really couldn’t explain it, but I looked towards the street front of the school, Memphis Street. A car was driving slower than usual. Then it happened, so fast, I really didn’t even catch what was happening.

Gun fire started ringing through the air, I just froze, and then I was on the ground. The firing continued for what seemed to me as a long time, but it was only a few moments. Then there was the screeching of the tires as it drove off. Then it went dark.

(FROM JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

Chase and I are waiting in front of the school for Jake. He had to get something he left in his locker that he needed for the weekend. I knew it couldn’t be homework since we just finished our weeks of exams, so there was no homework.

Finally I saw Jake walking towards us. Suddenly, he just stopped, and stood there. I didn’t know why he was just standing there, and just looking, but he was. All of a sudden gun fire, at first sounded like fireworks. I hit the ground fast, looked over where Jake was at, and I saw what at first looked like he just fell to the ground.

When the car sped away, Chase and I ran over to where Jake was at, and he was just lying there, lifeless! I didn’t know what to do, I right away, grabbed onto Jake, trying to wake him up.

“Jake, come on man, wake up, wake up please Jake, wake up.”

“Joey he has been shot, don’t move him, we don’t know how bad it is!”

“Chase, go get help please, go and get help. I will stay with Jake!”

“Ok!” Chase said as he ran into the school building.

“Jake, don’t you leave me now, fight this. You are a fighter Jake, please don’t leave me Jake. I love you Jake, I want you to be with me for the rest of my life. So fight Jake, PLEASE Jake FIGHT!”

I started crying, holding onto Jake, taking my jacket off of me, and pressing it against the gunshot in his chest. Then I noticed he was bleeding from his leg as well. I pressed down on that as well.

A few minutes later, Chase came back with a school security guard, he looked down, then talked on his radio.

“We have another student down, looks like two gun shots!”

“How bad is it?” Someone said over the radio.

“It looks like the student has lost a lot of blood, it’s critical, we need someone down here now!”

“Try to do what you can and we will get an EMT down there as soon as they get here.”

Moments later, ambulances started rolling up. Sirens blaring, other students screaming, girls crying, just people everywhere. Chase went running over to the first ambulance he saw, and came running back with the EMT’S.

“What do we have here? Are you both hurt?” the EMT quarried.

“No just Jake! He has been shot twice!” I said.

“Ok, please move back and let us take a look at him” the EMT said as he opened his kit.

I got out of the way, and they got to work. Before we knew it, they put Jake in the ambulance asking me to go with them in the back. I looked at Chase.

“I am going to go with Jake, can you please tell his mom what has happened?”

“Yes I will, take care of our friend!” Chase said without hesitation.

With that, I jumped inside the ambulance, and we were on our way. One of the EMT’S, started to ask me questions.

“What is his name?”

“Jacob Hernandez, sir!” I answered.

“How old is he?”

“He’s fourteen I think, maybe fifteen.”

I am so nervous and scared, I can’t think straight at all. I just want Jake to be fine. I wish this didn’t happen. Why, when things are going good, is it that something bad always happens?

“Son, please focus, we need you to answer any of the questions that you can.”

“Yes sir!”

“Now, do you know if he is allergic to anything?”

“As far as I know, no sir.”

“Any past problems with his health?”

“The only thing I know he has had problems with, is his stomach, that’s all.”

“What about his stomach?”

“He couldn’t keep food down in the morning, but we think it was due to having PE right after breakfast.”

I tried my hardest to answer as many questions as I could, but there are so many I don’t know the answer to. We arrived at the hospital, and they rolled Jake into the emergency room.

Right away the doctors looked Jake over, told me he needed surgery right away. Since I wasn’t a family member, they made me go out to the waiting room and wait. They would come and tell me what was going on after the surgery was done.

As I got to the waiting room, I looked for the pay phones, found them in the corner. I called Jake’s house, and his sister answered.

“Marie, is your mom home yet?”

“No Joey she isn’t, but she is on her way.” She was crying into the phone. “Is Jake ok?”

“I don’t know, they had to take him into surgery right away.”

“Joey, please tell me that my brother is going to be fine.”

“I can’t say, Marie. He is hurt real bad” I said honestly.

I heard a horn in the background.

“That’s my mom. We will be down to County as fast as we can, Joey.”

“Hold on Marie, we are not at County. They had to take him to Providence; it was the closet hospital to us” I told her.

“Ok Joey, we are on our way. Please find out what you can.”

We hung up, and I went and took a seat. I was still trembling, couldn’t believe what has happened. We are in high school, minding our own business, but still get shot. You hear about this in the news, but in cities like New York or Dallas, but not here.

Before I knew it, I felt someone tugging at my shoulder, I looked up, Marie and Jake’s mom already arrived.

“Joey have you heard anything else son?” Jake’s mom asked.

“No ma’am; they took him into surgery as soon as we got here.”

“Look at you Joey! You have blood all over yourself. Let me go and check in and see if I can find something out. You go and clean yourself up. I promise we won’t do anything without you Joey” Jake’s mom said with authority and assurance.

“Yes ma’am” I replied almost by remote control, it seemed.

As I entered into the poorly lit restroom, I just stood in front of the mirror, totally numb. I couldn’t believe what has happened. This was to be a weekend of enjoyment, now it’s a nightmare.

I went into the stall, and sat down on the toilet. I just sat there with my head between my hands. Then I just broke down, started crying. I was crying so loud, any one that walked by the restroom would hear me. It had to be a good five or maybe even ten minutes before I decided to pull myself up.

Went back over to the sink, looked at the mirror, seeing Jacob’s blood smeared on my face. I looked down at my clothes, also stained with Jakes blood. What was once white and blue is now mostly red. I splashed water on my face, using paper towels to clean the blood from my face. I knew better than to even try to clean the blood off my clothes. I know it won’t come out.

Gathering myself as best I could, I looked in the mirror once more, brushed my hair back, and took a deep breath. I walked back out to where Marie and Ms. Hernandez are sitting. As I approached them, Ms. Hernandez looked up to me. I could see she was still crying, Marie holding onto her hand.

Sat right next to Ms. Hernandez, and asked.

“Ms. Hernandez, have you heard anything yet?”

“No Joey, they still don’t have any more information. All they know is he still in surgery.”

We just sat there in quiet, then a set of uniformed police officers walked in. They went over to the nurses’ station. They were pointed over toward us. They walked over and introduced themselves.

“Hello Ms. Hernandez. We just have a few questions for you.”

“Go ahead, I really don’t know anything, I was at work when I got the call.”

“Do you know who we can we ask? Who was there when this happened?”

“Joey was, this young man.”

“Joey, do you mind coming over to the corner where we can talk with you?”

“If you don’t mind, I would like if you talk with him here. I promised his parents I would take care of Joey.” Jakes mom stood.

“No problem Ms. Hernandez. Joey, can you tell us what happened? What did you see?” one of the officers asked me in a gentle, caring way.

“Yes! Chase, another friend of ours, and I were waiting in front of the school for Jake. He had to go and pick up something from his locker. As Jake was walking out of the building, gun fire went off. I just hit the ground, when I heard the car speed off, I looked over to see if I could find Jake. He was lying on the ground.”

At that moment I was getting choked up, like I wanted to cry.

“Chase and I went running over to him, he wasn’t awake, I could barely see that he was breathing. At that point, I saw that he was shot in the chest so I pulled off my jacket, and pressed it against Jakes chest. Then I saw blood coming from his leg, I reached down and tried to stop the bleeding with my hand.

“I told Chase to go and find help, he returned with a school security guard. Shortly after that, the ambulance arrived, and brought us here.”

“You didn’t see the shooters?”

“No sir, I didn’t.”

“You said they were driving a car, did you get a look at the car, and who was in it?”

“I all I saw before I dropped to the ground was that the car was black; that’s all.”

“Did you hear them say anything at all?”

“They did say something, they were yelling as they were shooting, but I didn’t hear what they were yelling about, sir.”

“Ok, that’s fine, Joey. That’s all we need for now.”

“Ms. Hernandez, we would like to speak with Jake as soon as he is able, if that’s ok with you?”

“Yes it’s ok, but why would you want to speak with my son?”

“Witnesses said your son may have seen the make and model of the car, and if we are lucky, the plates.”

“That’s fine, when he is well enough to talk to you, I will call. Do you all have any idea what all this is about?” Jake’s mom asked.

“Ms. Hernandez, the bits and pieces we have been able to put together at this time, it looks like a turf war. Basically, it is a gang fight. This time they grabbed guns to fight it.”

“My son isn’t in no gang, he is a straight “A” student and doesn’t cause trouble. Why did this happen to him?” Jake’s mom asked in a combination of anger and confusion.

“Ms. Hernandez, we know your son isn’t in a gang. In fact, the principal has spoken very highly of your son. I think he was just at the wrong place at the wrong time.”

“Thank you officer, if you need anything else, please let us know.”

“We will ma’am, thank you for your time, and hope all comes out well for your son.”

The officers left and we sat there in silence, still not understanding why or how this had happened. A nurse walked up to us, and told us we had to go to the fifth floor. Jake was still in surgery, but the doctor wants to speak with Jakes mom.

We took the elevator up to the fifth floor, and checked in with the nurses’ desk. We sat down, and waited. Maybe an hour or so later, the doctor finally came out. It now has been almost five hours since Jake went into surgery, and we still don’t know what is going on.

“Ms. Hernandez?”

“I am Ms. Hernandez.”

“I am Dr. Mitchell, your sons head surgeon. I came out to let you know what is happening with your son.”

“Ok, please let us know what’s going on. Is my son going to be ok?”

“Ms. Hernandez, you’vd got to understand, when your son came to us, he already had lost a lot of blood. He was shot in two places. The leg was a through and through, we patched that one up.

Ms. Hernandez, what is taking a so long is the gun shot to his chest. First we couldn’t find where the bullet landed. It wasn’t a through and through, it bounced around in your son’s chest. It hit many organs, which we are still working on. One of the organs that we are very concerned about and working on is his heart. The bullet went through his heart.”

Jakes mom started to cry, Marie held onto her hand, trying to console her. I wanted to cry, but I held it together.

“We finally found the bullet, which is lodged into is spine. Besides the work we have to do with several of his organs, his heart is a main concern, but now we also have to worry about his spine.”

“What are you telling me Dr. Mitchell, my son is going to die?”

“Ms. Hernandez, I want to prepare you for the worst. No one has ever come out of surgery with this much damage. The other side of it is, Ms. Hernandez, no one has made it this far on the operation table. Your son is a fighter, he wants to live. It’s touch and go. As soon as I know anything else, I will come out and inform you. Just be prepared ma’am. It’s critical, and he has more of a chance of dying on the table than surviving.”

The doctor left, Jakes mom kept crying, Marie hugged her, trying to get her to stop crying. I knew it was bad, I didn’t know it was this bad. I was mad, but I was hurting more than anything else.

I went into the restroom, locked the door. I stood in front of the mirror, I just couldn’t hold it back any more and I started crying. As I turned around, I started punching the wall, over and over again. I couldn’t stop crying.

When I finally find someone I can be myself with, that I love so much, I can now loose him. Why is this happening to us? We haven’t done anyone wrong, done anything wrong, but we keep getting the short end of the stick. Why?

I stopped crying finally, cleaned my face. When I left the restroom I walked over to Marie and Ms. Hernandez, we sat there in the waiting room, holding onto each other, leaning onto each other. I was numb, couldn’t think straight. It looks as if nothing matters anymore.

TO BE CONTINUED…………..

{Hey guys, I just finished up my fifth installment of the story and I hope you are enjoying the story. I am having fun writing the story about what I went through. It is bringing back very good memories. I have been getting very good feed back of the story so far. I will try to post one or two chapters a week, but if I get busy, please understand. In case I do get busy, I will do my best to get at least a chapter out a week. If you want me to send you an e-mail when I post the next chapter, let me know. I have started a list of e-mail addresses, and I will send out a general email when I post. Be assured, your e-mail address will be kept private.

I hope you keep reading the future installments. It is based on my life in high school, just the names are changed, but the location is pretty much the same. Remember, this story is more about finding true love, than anything else. Sex will happen here and there, but not as frequently as in other, more sexually oriented stories. This is, after all, reality. In real life orgasms don’t happen three times an hour ! Keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy, please e-mail me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks! I have a home page for you to see what the characters look like or what the places look like. If you want to walk in their shoes, please go to: http://jacobmillertex.com/}

EDITOR’S CORNER:

It sure looks like Andy, Jake’s brother is headed down the wrong path. I’m betting he’s going to lose a lot unless he changes his behaviors. Jake’s mom is a no nonsense lady who doesn’t do well with bad behaviors.

Joey and Jake seem to have found the “real thing” with their love. Now, just as they get things moving in a good direction, it might all be gone. Will Jake survive the gun shots?

I expect that there’s a lot of surprises, twists and turns coming in the future chapters. Stick around with Jacob and me and see what unfolds.
In the mean time, thank you for reading, be open to love and being loved. Be safe.

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 10
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Interesting story so far, how will the shooting affect the situation at home? Is Joey going to be stopped from sleepovers with Jake. Has this shooting anything to do with Jakes wayward brother? 

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..