Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 13. Chapter 13

(JOEY’S PERSPECTIVE)

Jacob’s grandfather won the law suit and put the money in Jacob’s name. It was a bittersweet win, simply put, because Jacob isn’t with us. The only good thing is that the trial didn’t drag on for months.

As soon as the word got out at school that Jacob’s family had sued the School District and won, everyone wanted to know all the details. They came up to me asking if it was true. I told them yes, but didn’t tell them the amount. At the same time, they asked where Jacob was. For that question, I had no answer.

The aftermath of the law suit was first felt here at Newman High. Mr. Thomas was relieved from his position as principal of the school. I know if Jacob was around, he wouldn’t want anyone to lose their job because of him.

The judge was true to his word, he filed disciplinary action against District Attorney Sanchez the very next day. The rumor has it; he will lose his license to practice law. If he does, he would need to step down from his position as District Attorney. It is also being said; since the position of District Attorney is an elected position, he wouldn’t win the next election anyway. Who knows what will happen in that arena?

As the days were crawling closer and closer to winter break, I was bummed out. I had nothing to celebrate this year. Just like Thanksgiving, I had nothing to be thankful for.

Jacob’s grandfather left after Thanksgiving and headed home. He already was going to hit bad weather on the way. He wanted to be home with his wife for the holidays. Before he left, he called me and told me he will be back once Jacob returns.

The Friday before the Christmas break, I was taking a short cut across the field to the main building. I heard noises coming from behind the dugout. I slowly walked over, and when I turned to corner I was surprised with what I saw.

David was all over Tom, the football quarterback. Man they were going at it! I don’t think they even heard me. I knocked over the trash can as I was leaving. I didn’t want them getting caught by the wrong people. When I reached the end of the field, I looked back. David was coming around the corner of the dugout. He looked at me, smiled, and placed his hand to his ear making a sign of a phone. I knew what it meant. He was going to call me.

I wasn’t going to tell anyone at all. I just wanted to make sure no one else caught these guys. To be honest with you, these guys are a good couple together.

When school ended I rushed home. I needed to get home in a hurry. My aunt and uncle wanted to go out shopping. When I walked up the driveway, they were waiting for me in the car. I jumped in the back seat, and we were on our way.

When we got to the mall, I just hung out in the food court while my aunt and uncle went shopping. I got up and went over to the Wendy’s and ordered myself a number one with a Coke. I found a table, sat down and started to eat my meal. I noticed a few tables away a couple was kicking this bum away from their table.

This guy stank to high heaven and looked like he was crazy. Before I knew it, mall security was pulling this guy away. When they passed my table, the guys smell was even worse than before.

I felt bad for the guy; that’s no way to live. I finished eating, got up and threw away my trash. I walked over to FYE to look at the CD’S. I stood in the store listening to music until my aunt and uncle came and got me. They were finally done shopping. My uncle was carrying several large bags. I started teasing him:

“What, are you guys going to pay Santa Claus this year or what?”

“This is the first year we have someone else in the house except us. We want it to be a fun Christmas this year for all of us.”

“You guys don’t have to buy me anything. Just my being able to stay with you guys is enough.”

“No, we want to. You’re like our son now, we should spoil you. We haven’t even started shopping yet.”

My uncle laughed as we walked out the front doors of the mall. We drove down to the outlet mall on the far west side of town. When we got out, the parking lot was jammed packed with shoppers. Once again when we got into the mall, my aunt and uncle went their own way and I went mine.

As I was walking between the stores, I noticed another bum digging through the garbage cans. This style of mall isn’t your normal mall. It is built where the walkways between the stores, are in the open with no roof. As long as the bums don’t go into the stores, they can’t be forced out.

I sat down on the bench outside this jewelry store. I was looking in the window, and noticed the prices; fifty to seventy five percent off all the jewelry. When I looked at the sales price, I couldn’t believe my eyes. The lowest thing I saw in the window was for one hundred and fifty dollars, and that was a little pair of ear rings.

As I got up to get a closer look at the jewelry in the window, I was able to see the reflection of the bum in the window. I took a second and more focused look at the reflection. I turned around and walked over to the guy.

When I got closer to him, the smell was horrible coming from him. When he finally looked out of the garbage can, I couldn’t believe my eyes. “Hey Jacob is that you?”

He didn’t say anything, he just returned to digging out of the garbage can.

“Jacob, it’s me! Joey! Please, look at me!”

Again he didn’t do anything, but I knew as well he wasn’t digging in the garbage. I think he was going to try to wait me out. I wasn’t going to go anywhere. I walked even closer to him. His clothes were all ripped and dirty. The parts of his body I can see were nothing but skin and bone. His shoes were worn all the way down, he had tape around them. He had this old jacket on that looks like he took off another bum.

“Jacob it’s me Joey, I won’t do you any harm. Please look at me.”

Before I knew it, Jacob started walking away from me. I started to follow at a distance; I didn’t want to freak him out. He walked out of the outlet mall, across the parking lot, down to some sewer pipes. You had to bend half way down in order to walk in them. When we walked maybe thirty steps into the sewer pipe, it opened up. It was like a little room, you could stand up in it.

Jacob went over to the corner where there were some blankets and news paper on the ground. He sat down on them and curled up in a ball. I walked over to where he was sitting at, and sat down right next to him.

Jacob was rocking back and forth humming. At first I didn’t do anything, I didn’t know how he would react. Then I decided to try and get close enough to him and hug him. I started to get closer to Jacob, the smell was unbelievable. I had to stifle the urge to gag.

I wrapped my arms around him, and started to rock with him. I was humming along with him. He didn’t even push me away, instead he stopped humming. Then I heard him starting to cry. I couldn’t help it; I started crying along with him. He wrapped his arms around me, and started to cry real loud. I just sat there holding onto him, crying.

We stayed like this for a long time. Finally Jacob stopped crying, but he wouldn’t let go either. I held onto him so hard, I was afraid I might break him in half. I felt his bones of his back with my hands and his chest with my stomach. He didn’t have any fat or meat on him.

Jacob let me go and looked up at me. He tried to talk, but at first, nothing came out. I think Jacob didn’t talk since he ran away. Finally he was able to get the words out of his mouth. It was scratchy and at first I could barely hear him.

“Are you going to tell my mom where I am?”

“Jacob she and your whole family are really worried about you. Your grandfather was down here for quite a while looking for you.”

“I don’t want to go home, I want to stay here.”

“Jake you cannot stay here, you just can’t. You’re sick, you need your medicine. You will die out here.”

“I can die at home as well.”

“You have nothing to worry about anymore. The DA dropped the case against that guy. Also your grandpa sued the City and School District. They won’t be giving you any trouble anymore Jake.”

He stayed quiet for a few minutes. Jake just looked at the ground. Then he finally looked up at me.

“I don’t want to go home Joey, please just leave me be and forget you even saw me.”

All of a sudden Jake got up and ran down the tunnel. I ran after him, but he was faster and knew where he was going in the dark. When I got to another place in the tunnel where I could stand up in, it was a fork of tunnels. I had no idea what tunnel Jacob went down in. plus I didn’t want to get lost in the sewer tunnels under the city.

I walked back from where I came and found my way out. I walked back to the outlet mall, and found my aunt and uncle standing at the car. They looked at me all mad.

“Before you chew me out, I found Jacob!”

They just looked at me with shock in their eyes.

“Where did you see him?”

“He was digging through the garbage in the outlet mall. I noticed him through the reflection of a window. When I got close to him and started talking to him, he walked away. I followed him into some sewer tunnels over there. About thirty feet in, there is like an opening of some kind. I think he sleeps there.

At first he just sat there on some blankets and news papers curled in a ball. I went over to him and hugged him. He started crying for a while, and then we started talking.

Jake doesn’t want to go home. When I told him everything is alright, but I don’t think he believed me. He bolted out of there. I tried to follow him, but I lost him in the tunnels.”

“Let’s get out of here, and get home. You need to call his mother and let her know” my aunt said.

“Can’t we stop by their apartment on the way home?”

“I don’t see why not. Sure, we will do that!” my uncle said in a determined manner.

We got into the car and headed over to Jake’s apartment. When we drove up, Jake’s mother’s car was in the parking lot. I walked up the stairs to his apartment. The last time I was here, Jake was being disciplined by his mom. I knocked on the door, and soon Andy answered the door.

“Hey Andy is your mom home?”

“Yeah she’s here. What is going on Joey? Is Jacob with you?”

“No he isn’t, but I just saw him though” I said excitedly.

I walked into the apartment. Ms. Hernandez was sitting in the living room watching television as usual. She turned it off and looked at me. “What is going on Joey, have you heard anything about Jacob?”

“Yes ma’am I have seen him….”

I told them what just had happened at the outlet mall just as I had told my aunt and uncle. As I was telling them, they seemed to be relieved in some ways.

“That’s all I know Ms. Hernandez, I figured I should come down here right away and tell you what I just saw.”

“Joey, do you think he still there right now?” Andy asked with a quiver in his voice.

“Andy I think he bolted for a reason. He doesn’t want to come home. Now since I know where he has been living, he will move on” I said.

“Can you at least show us where he was at?” Andy asked.

“I can do that if my aunt and uncle let me.”

“Please Joey ask them if you could show us.” Jacob’s mom implored.

I walked out side down to my aunt and uncle’s car.

“They want to know if I could go and show them where I saw Jacob at.”

“He won’t be there anymore, plus I don’t think he will go back there” my uncle stated with assuredness.

“I told them that, but they still want to go and see.’

“Fine, you can show them, but you are driving with us” my uncle stated, his lack of trust in Jacob’s family being apparent.

“Ok then, I will go up and tell them.”

After we all got the planned settled, we headed out. Andy and his mom followed us in their car. We got back to the outlet mall; we all got out and walked over to the sewer tunnels.

Andy and I walked in the tunnel until we got to where Jacob and I were sitting at. The blankets were gone, but the newspapers were still there.

Andy didn’t look to happy about it. We walked back out of the tunnels where the others were waiting. We told them what we saw. We said our goodbyes, and went our different directions.

That night David called me as planned. He explained to me about Tom and him, and how it needs to be a secret. I promised him that I wasn’t going to breathe a word about them. He kept Jacob’s and my secret; I will keep his.

I told him what had happened earlier that evening. He asked if he could come over. About fifteen minutes later, he was knocking on my door. We sat down in my room and I told him again what had happened.

“You know Joey, my dad works with the community dealing with these guys. He knows where they all sleep at in groups. If you want, I can call him and ask him where” David offered.

“Yes, please, could you do that for me? Jacob is in bad shape man.”

David went over to the kitchen phone and called his dad. He came back shortly afterwards.

“Ok I got a location where they all hang on the west side of town. I have my mother’s car, if you want, we can go and see if we can find him”

“Hell yeah! Thank you. David.”

“Not a problem. Let’s go!” David said moving toward the door. He was on a mission.

We headed to a part of town I have never seen. It wasn’t that far off of where I had seen Jacob, so we might have a chance. We drove up, parked, and got out with flashlights. We started walking around. I never knew there were these many homeless people in our town, I was surprised to say the least.

We walked around for hours, looking in every box and tunnel, no luck. I was about to give up, when I saw a figure slumped by a tree. I walked over and as I got closer, I recognized the taped up shoes and torn pants.

When I got close enough, I knelt down and put my hand on his head.

“Jacob it’s me Joey, please don’t be angry with me. I needed to find you Jake; I couldn’t leave you out here.”

Jake didn’t say anything at first. Then he took the blanket off of his head and looked at me.

“I am hungry Joey and very cold. I just don’t want to go home. I’m ashamed of myself.”

“You have nothing to be ashamed about Jake. I love you with all my heart, please just come home with me. I miss you so much, there hasn’t been a day that has gone by that I haven’t thought about you. I am so worried about you Jake, please come home with me. We will figure the other stuff out later.”

Jake just looked at me, tears rolling down his dirt filled face.

“Let’s get you a good plate of food and a warm bed to sleep in. Please Jake, come home with me!”

Jake got up from where he was sitting and wrapped the blankets around him even tighter. We walked towards the car, David was waiting for me. When he saw me coming, he got out of the car. He went around and opened the passenger side door.

Jake got in, nothing was said the whole ride to my house. When we drove up to my drive way, Jake climbed out of the car. I thanked David, and he asked me to call him later. We bumped fist, and he was on his way.

I took Jacob inside the house. My aunt and uncle were in the den. They looked over and saw that it was Jacob and me. They got up and walked over to Jake.

“Jacob let’s get you out those dirty clothes and washed up. After you take a shower, I will have some hot food on the table for you.” My aunt told Jacob.

Jacob headed to my room, and started to get undressed. At first, he just stood in the middle of my room in just his underwear, or what was left of them. I took him to the bathroom where he could start taking a shower.

I went back to my room and took out a clean pair of underwear, socks, t-shirt, running pants, and shoes for Jake. I went back to the bathroom and placed them on the counter with a towel.

I headed back up front where my aunt was warming up some food for Jacob. She turned to me, and asked; “Are you going to call his mother and let her know you found him?”

“I want to, but he doesn’t want to see them right now, and I promised him I won’t make him.”

“Joey you need to call them let them know what is going on” my aunt said with a tone making it more a demand and leaving no room for further discussion.

I decided to call his grandfather first. I picked up the phone and dialed the number. It only rang a couple times when Al answered the phone.

“Hello Al, this Joey, Jacobs’s friend.”

“Yeah Joey, what is going on there?”

“Well to make a long story short, I found Jacob, sir!”

“You found Jacob and is he ok, Joey?” Al asked with a hopeful voice tempered with a touch of fear for what he might hear next.

“Yes sir, he is okay. He has been living on the streets as a bum since he ran away from home.”

“Does his mother know that you found him?’ Al asked.

“Yes and no sir. When I first found Jacob, he took off. I went over and told his mother and bother about it. We went back to where I saw Jacob, but he was gone. Another friend of ours’ father works with the homeless here. So he asked his dad where they all go in a group, and he told us.

So we headed out there, and Jacob was there. I got him to come home with me this time, but I had to promise him I won’t make him go home to his house.”

“Joey, you did a great job! Is it ok he stays with you until he is ready to go home?” Al inquired.

“That’s not a problem sir; he can stay at my house.”

“Thank you Joey, I will be calling you in the days to come. I will go ahead and call his mother for you.” Al offered.

“If it’s ok sir, I better call her myself. Just call her in about fifteen minutes and explain to her it’s best we now know where he is, and he is safe. If we force him to go home, he could leave again” I countered. “Just be sure she understands how unstable this situation still is with Jacob. One wrong word and he could bolt.”

“Deal Joey, you call Gloria up and let her know. I will follow up with her this evening. Joey, thanks son, for calling me and giving me such great news.”

I hung up with Jacob’s grandfather and went and checked on Jacob. He was still in the shower cleaning the months of dirt off of his body. It’s going to be a while; it looks like he hasn’t had a shower since he ran away.

I went back to the den and called Jacob’s house. Andy answered in two rings. He got his mother on the other phone. I told them what had happen and that I found Jacob again. He is now at my house and safe. I told them that Jacob didn’t want to go home right now, and we need to give it time.

At first Jacob’s mother was angry about it. She was accusing me and my family wanting to keep Jacob for the money. Then she settled down and realized what she was saying was wrong. She then gave into Jacob’s request, and just asked for me to keep her in the loop. Right before we hung up, she asked me to take Jacob to see Dr. Whitmore as soon as possible. I promised her I would.

We hung up, and I felt good about the whole thing. I walked over to the bathroom, and heard the shower go off. Several minutes later Jacob walked out of the restroom dressed and clean. I leaned in to hug him, he hugged me back.

I took him to the kitchen for him to eat. He didn’t eat a whole lot, but I was happy to see that he did eat. No one talked to him while he ate. Once he was done, he got up and thanked my aunt for the meal.

We went to my room, where he just got into my bed, and curled up into a ball. I turned off the lights, took off my shoes, and went and lay right next to Jacob. At first, I just lay down on his side, and then I heard him crying.

I curled up to him, and wrapped my arms around him. I whispered in his ear: “Everything is going to be alright now; I will take care of you. I will never let you go or lose you again, I promise.”

We sat there cuddled up in a ball until I heard Jake fall asleep. I sat there thinking about the way Jake must have been living this last six weeks. It had to be horrible to live in the streets like he did. I just kept thinking about it until I fell asleep snuggled up to my Jacob once again. I swore to myself that he would never again be away from me; that I would protect him with my life if needed.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

I couldn’t believe Joey had found me digging in garbage. I knew one day someone might recognize me, but I hoped it wasn’t going to be Joey. When we were in the tunnel and I felt him for the first time in since I took off, it felt so good. How I had missed his touch and being held in his arms. His embrace would always give me strength and security. That had not changed.

I just couldn’t hold it back any longer; I started crying like I was two years old. Joey never left me, no matter how bad I must have smelled, he stayed there hugging me. Then when he told me my mother and grandfather were looking for me, it freaked me out. So I just ran out of there. I knew there was no way Joey could stay up with me, not that I was faster, but because I knew the tunnels and he didn’t.

I lost him, so I waited awhile deep in the sewers. When I thought it was safe to out and get my blanket, I did. I decided to head over to where all of us hung as a pack. I found a tree and curled under it. There’s a code with the homeless; you don’t take what’s not yours or be in another’s space.

I was asleep when I felt someone’s hand on my head, and then I heard Joey’s voice. I just felt safe with him there. He asked me to go home with him. I was just tired of living in the streets and always being hungry. I agreed under one condition; I didn’t want to go to my mother’s house and he agreed to my one condition.

When I walked over to the car, I was surprised to see David there. I was about to bolt, but David didn’t say anything. He just opened the door for me, and I got in. All the way to Joey’s house, nothing was said.

When I walked in, his aunt and uncle did everything they could to make me comfortable. I took a long shower, it felt so damn good! When I was done, I felt so bad on how dirty I left the bath tub. It was all black. I looked everywhere for something to clean it up with. I grabbed my old underwear and scrubbed down the bath. It wasn’t clean, but it wasn’t as bad as it was. In threw away the underwear, and got dressed.

As soon as I got dressed, I walked out and Joey was there waiting for me. He came up to me and hugged me. It felt so good to have his arms around me again, I hugged him back. I ate and headed to bed. I didn’t even ask where I was going to sleep. I just wanted to be with Joey, that’s all.

The sun shining into the room from the window woke me up. Joey was still wrapped around my body. I turned around slowly and looked at him, he was already awake.

“Joey, how long have you been awake?”

“Not for very long, I didn’t want to disturb you while you slept.”

“Thank you for everything Joey!”

“Not a problem Jacob, you are my boyfriend. I will walk to the ends of the earth for you.”

I smiled at what Joey said, it made me feel wanted.

“Let’s get up Jacob and grab something to eat.” Joey said.

“Ok!”

Joey said over his shoulder; “I threw away those clothes you were wearing when you came in. You don’t need them anymore.”

“That’s fine, we need to find a way to go to my house and get my clothes.”

“Don’t worry about that Jacob. For the time being, you can wear some of my clothes. We will pick you up some new socks and underwear when we go out.”

“I like wearing you underwear and socks. I know that your feet and body were in them before mine” I said with a knowing grin on my face.

Joey smiled at me, then leaned in and kissed me. I started kissing him back; I missed my Joey’s kisses. I really love this guy so much; I can’t even begin to explain it in words. Joey broke off the kiss.

“Jake we need to go in and see Dr. Whitmore. We got to get you back on your medications.”

“Okay Joey, we can do that. As usual, you’re right”

We went out to the kitchen and ate breakfast. It was good, but I didn’t eat much, I think my stomach must have shrunk. After breakfast we all got ready and headed out the door to Dr. Whitmore’s office.

When we arrived, I signed in, and sat down by Joey. About thirty minutes later, Dr. Whitmore walked in. He looked at his clip board, then, right away turned to where I was sitting. He came over to me; “Jacob my boy, where have you been? We have all been worried about you.”

“No need to worry sir, I’m still here.”

“Come on back where I can take a good look at you.”

When went back to one of the examining rooms. Dr. Whitmore changed into his white coat and came back in.

“Now let’s take a look here Jake. I can see you have lost a lot of weight; we need to fix that sooner than later. How are you feeling? Do you have any kind of pain?”

“I feel weak sir, and yes on the pain. All up and down my spine and back I hurt.”

“Well you feeling weak due to not eating properly. The pain can be fixed; we must get you back on the pain medicine. Also Jake I need to get you back on the rest of your medications.”

“Dr. Whitmore, I don’t have any money. I don’t want Joey’s family to have to pay for my medications. For right now can I get just the pain medicine?”

“Nonsense, you know you never had to pay for your medications before, and you won’t start now, even though you’re a millionaire.”

“What do you mean a millionaire sir?”

“You don’t know? Your grandfather sued the City and School District and won. They awarded you seven million dollars. Your mom and grandfather put it all in a trust account under your name.”

“I thought Joey was pulling my leg on that. I thought he was just saying that to get me to come home” I said incredulously.

“No Jake, he wasn’t pulling your leg at all.”

Dr. Whitmore finished my exam and gave me my results. He wasn’t happy with the weight loss or me not taking my medications. He believed that by putting me on a stronger doses right out of the gate and then lowering it back to the dose I was taking, that I should be ok.

After giving me stern lecture about keeping up with my health, he gave me my follow up appointment and medications again. I thanked him by promising him I won’t miss my follow ups and that I will gain my weight back. I walked out of the office, met up with Joey, his aunt and uncle and we left. It felt good having my pain medicine in my system again. The pain is finally gone. I have been in pain far too long now.

(DAVID’S POINT OF VIEW)

I couldn’t believe Joey found Jacob, and of all places, on the street. I am happy for the both of them. Maybe now Joey will get out of his perpetual crappy mood.

I was waiting for Tom to come over. We are finally being together for the first time since the party. I really wanted to be with Tom, I mean with him. My phone rang, I answered.

“Hey David it’s me Tom. I am outside in your drive way. Is it cool that I come up now?”

“Hell yeah! You didn’t even have to call!” I replied not being able to contain my excitement.

I ran to the door and opened it. Tom just walked up to it when I was opening the door. He walked in; I closed the door after him. He looked around my house, and then asked:

“David is there any one home right now?”

“No one will be home for hours. We have the whole house to ourselves the entire day.”

“Cool!” Tom said with a grin that revealed all that was on his mind.

We walked to the couch, I looked Tom over. This guy is hot, he was wearing one of those tight exercise shirts, the ones runners use when it’s cold, a pair of running pants, and a little snug in the crotch area, and white low top running shoes. Tom is just too damn hot to keep at bay.

As soon as we sat down, we were kissing, just crawling all over each other. First I tried to put my tongue in his mouth, but he put his in mine first. I didn’t mind. I would bite off his tongue if I could and save it.

“David I want you to make to love to me today! I want you to be the first one inside me, just be careful when we do it!”

“I promise to be gentle when we make love. I have wanted to do this for so long, you can’t believe!”

I slowly removed his shirt; I started kissing down his neck, and then licked back up. I went back down his neck by kissing every piece of bare skin. I reached his chest; I just went to town on his chest and nipples. He is built; I just love how cut this guy is. He is completely smooth all the way down his chest and stomach, only a treasure trail from his belly button down. Plus he has a six pack, almost an eight, and a “V” that one would die for. Tom has no fat on him, not an ounce.

I moved down to his waist band, untied the running pants. Went down to his shoes, took the left one off then the right one. I pulled his running pants off, and there Tom laid in all his glory. Just a pair of white socks and boxer’s with his hard dick popping out of the pee slit.

I went up, and started going down on Tom. Inch by inch, his dick slid into my waiting mouth. Tom was going crazy, moving back and forth on the couch, he loved what I was doing to him. I looked up to Tom, his eyes were closed but he had a smile on his face.

I pulled off his underwear, and went back to work. At this point, my dick is trying to bore a hole through my pants.

As I was going down on Tom, I threw off my shoes, then my pants. I wiggled out of my underwear, and my dick shot out. I was leaking pre-cum like mad now, I couldn’t wait till I was inside Tom.

Tom was yelling now: “David please stop, I am going to cum man, and I am going explode!”

I let his dick slide out of my mouth and went down on his balls. I made my way to his cherry hole, throwing his legs over his shoulders. When I started rimming Tom, he started squirming more back and forth than before. I knew I had him at this point.

I pulled out the jelly, squeezed some on my fingers. I started to rub the jelly all around Tom’s cherry hole. First I put one finger in, going in and out. When I knew he was loose enough, I stuck my second finger in, doing the same. Within a few minute I had a third finger in opening him up.

Finally I knew he was loose enough for me to start. I pulled out a condom; put it on, and walked up to Tom. He was looking at me in lust, with begging looks in his eyes.

I whispered into his ears: “Tom I will be very gentle with you, baby. I want you to enjoy me being inside you as I did when you were inside of me!”

Tom just shook his head in the positive. I gently put my head of my dick at the entrance of his hole. I slowly pushed it in while looking at Tom. I told him to bear down like he’s trying to “go”. When my head barely got through, I stopped there so Tom could adjust. Once Tom adjusted, I started going in further and further. Every so often I would stop and let Tom catch his breath until I was completely in! I stood there with my dick all the way into Tom, allowing him to get used to me.

Once I saw in his face that he was ready to go, I went for it. I started slowly at first then, gradually picked up the speed. I was going at a good steady speed, and all I heard was moans and cries from Tom.

“Fuck me David! Fuck me good! Man does your dick feel so damn good in my ass! I don’t know what the hell you are doing to me, but keep doing it!”

I must have been hitting the sweet spot. David kept yelling for me to fuck him and do it harder. His dick is rock hard, leaking pre-cum like a volcano about to irrupt. I grabbed onto Tom, and threw him on his back on the couch. His legs were up in the air over my shoulders. I started to fuck him even harder.

He kept yelling and yelling in pure lust. He went down to jerk off his cock, but I slapped his hand away.

“I want you to have the feeling of cumming without you touching your dick.”

I knew he was almost ready to explode and so was I. I had him right where I wanted him. Before I knew it, I went all the way in deep and I exploded inside Tom. At the same time he erupted all over his stomach, chest, and beyond.

When I finally shot my last shot of cum into Tom, I fell right on top of his stomach. I looked up to him, he had his eyes closed. I started to kiss Tom on his lips, he opened up. We were in full making out mode.

When broke off the kiss we rolled off the couch onto the floor. We just stayed there in order to catch our breath. Once we did, we got up and went to take a shower and got dressed.

Before Tom left, we had a chance to talk.

“I enjoyed being with you today David. I can’t explain the feelings you bring out in me, but I do love you. I never thought I would love a guy the way I love you, but I do. You just let me feel things I have never felt before in my life.”

“I love you too Tom. I never thought I would find someone here at school to love. All I want to do is be around you all the time” I gushed.

“Wait, David. You know we can do this all day long in private, but we will never show our feelings in public! I thought you understood that for the first time we hooked up!” Tom stated in a somewhat harsh tone.

“What about all the times we made out at school? I asked. “ That was in public”

“That wasn’t in public David. We hid in corners to do that. We almost got caught the last time we did. We won’t ever do that again. If you want to be with me, it has to be the way I need it, or we won’t get together again!” Tom stated again with no gentleness in his voice or manner.

“I thought I made you feel good Tom! I just want to be around you all the time, I love you so much” I said.

“That won’t work for me David, and I thought you knew. Unless you can come to terms that you are my friend with benefits, we can’t see each other again” Tom said with finality.

Before I could say another word, Tom walked out the door. I followed him trying to explain what I meant. He wasn’t listening at all. Before I knew it, he was in his car and driving off.

I couldn’t believe what just happened. I just had the greatest sex ever, and I had go and screw it up by saying what I said. Why couldn’t I keep my mouth shut? I just screw things up, damn it. I did it with Jacob and now with Tom.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

When we left Dr. Whitmore’s office, we headed to Wal-Mart. Joey and I went down to the men’s department and grabbed several packs of under shirts, socks, and underwear. Then we started looking around the store until we met up with Joey’s aunt and uncle at the McDonalds.

We ate lunch there at the Wal-Mart McDonalds, and finished shopping. When it was time to pay, I realized I didn’t have any money. I didn’t know what I was thinking from the beginning. I didn’t want Joey’s family to pay for my stuff, so when they weren’t looking, I tossed the stuff out of the basket onto a shelf.

The lines were long, so Joey and I headed to the benches at the entrance of the store. We sat there talking, but never touching on the subject of the last six weeks. Joey’s aunt came out to where we were sitting. “Jacob, please excuse Joey, his uncle needs to speak with him. He didn’t get a Christmas card for his parents.”

“Not a problem ma’am, I will wait right here until he gets his act together.”

I laughed and pushed Joey off the bench towards his aunt. They walked into the Wal-Mart. Shortly afterwards they all came out laughing up a storm.

We got into the car, and drove to the Basset Center Mall. We all got out and headed in. Joey’s aunt and uncle had to do some more shopping, so we headed to the arcade. Joey started to play and asked me to join in.

“Nah Joey, my man, I better sit this out, my back isn’t doing too good.” that not being the main reason I sat it out, but one of them. I sat there watching Joey playing the game. I couldn’t believe I didn’t stay in touch with him. This guy is a walking dream, one a person would kill for. I still don’t know why he keeps sticking around for me.

Joey played for over an hour, and then we headed to the food court. We grabbed a couple of corn dogs and lemonade’s and sat down. We started scoping out the hunks in the mall, just playing as if we were free men and they were all gay.

“Hey Jacob look at that hot one, what would you do with him?” Joey asked me.

“I wouldn’t do it with him!” I stated without a hesitation.

We both laughed and kept playing the game until his aunt came.

“Your uncle is waiting for you guys over at the doors we came in. Are you two ready to go?”

“Yes we are. We were just waiting on you two!” Joey said in answer to his aunt’s question.

“Joey you still have not done any shopping yet. You better get to it, or you might lose the lucky one in your life!”

“The lucky one in my life won’t tell me what they like or want. Trust me; if I buy what I think they want, I am probably wrong!” Joey said with a touch of frustration, talking about me yet not to me.

We both laughed again, then I slugged Joey on the arm. We walked towards the doors that we had come in. Standing at the entrance was Joey’s uncle. “Man do I hate the mall, and more so at this time of the year. Call me boring, say I have no life, but I don’t like being out and about. I like to be indoors with my feet up doing nothing.” Joey’s uncle grumbled.

When we got home, we helped unload the bags and got them in the house. After we finished unloading the car, I went to Joey’s room and lay down. Before I knew it, I was out for the count.

It couldn’t be more than a couple of hours when I woke up again. I think it is going to take some time for my body to readjust to the medications again. When I crawled out of the bed, I noticed on the end was a bag from Wal-Mart. I looked into it. I was instantly mad.

Joey’s family bought the stuff I took out of the basket. I didn’t want them to do that. I walked out of the room and found them in the den.

“Thank you guys very much for buying this stuff for me, but you need to take it back. I have no way of paying you back for them.”

“Nonsense, we are not taking them back. First of all you need them. Secondly your Joey’s best friend who needs them. And third, we promised your grandfather we would look out for you while you are under this roof” my uncle stated putting Jacob in an inarguable position.

I just looked at Joey’s uncle, and didn’t say I word. I couldn’t believe they spoke with my grandfather and made him that promise. I looked over at Joey and saw that he was on the phone. He moved his finger to his mouth, and then waved me over.

I walked over to where he was at, and heard the voice on the other line. Speaking of him, my grandpa, he was on the line with Joey.

“Yes sir we do understand that sir.

We will make sure of that as well.

No it is ok, he just woke up, and he is standing in front of me right now.

You too, sir. Great speaking with you Al, here’s Jacob.”

Joey handed me the phone, I was nervous. I wasn’t ready to speak with anyone yet.

“Hello?” I said somewhat meekly, not knowing exactly what I was in for.

“Jacob, how are you feeling? You had all of us worried about you!”

“I am doing fine grandpa. I saw Dr. Whitmore today, he wasn’t happy with my weight, but everything else was fine.”

“Good to hear that Jacob, I was worried. When do you plan to speak with your mom, Andy and Marie?”

“Right now I do not know when; probably sometime in the next week or so.”

“Jacob, please speak to your family. Put your mother’s mind at ease for me, will you?”

“Yes grandpa I will do so. You spoke with Joey and his family?”

“Yes I did Jacob; I wanted to make sure everything is going well with you.”

“I don’t want them spending money on me. I am already staying here and eating their food.”

“Jacob you don’t need to worry about that right now. We opened account under your name, and put the money from the suit in there. So whenever you want or need to, go down to a local branch of Bank of America and get your debit card.” Grandpa informed me.

“So it is true you sued those guys grandpa?”

“Yes Jacob it is true. They needed to be pulled down a notch or two. They were behaving as if nothing could touch them and they thought they could step on the little people.”

“I really don’t want to touch that money if I don’t have to!” I stated.

“Jacob you cannot have it both ways. If you don’t want them spending money on you and you don’t want to touch your money, then you should just pack up go home!” Grandpa said with not just a little snap in his reply.

“Right now I am not ready to go home grandpa, maybe in a couple of weeks, but not now.”

“Look Jacob I don’t know what happened in that house, and I don’t want to know. Your mom is doing the best that she can. Give her a break. I don’t want her worrying about you anymore; more so now that you have access to so much money” Grandpa asked.

“I won’t take off again grandpa, I promise. I just want to stay away from home a little longer, to get my head screwed on tight.”

“I understand Jacob, just please call your mother for me. Do whatever you want to do with Joey’s family. Just remember, don’t wear out your welcome with those nice people!”

“Yes grandpa, I won’t, I promise. I will call you in a couple of days to let you know how I am doing. I love you very much, grandpa.”

“Love you too, kid and God bless you. Good bye!”

“Good bye!”

I hung up the phone with my grandpa and fallowed through my promise to him. I called my mom right afterwards.

The call lasted almost thirty minutes. She understood why I needed to stay away a little longer, but made me promise to call her more. I also promised her, if I didn’t move back home by Christmas, I would stop in on Christmas day at least.

When I hung up the phone, it felt like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Joey and I headed back to his room; he already cleared out some drawer space for my stuff. We sat there talking, when we heard Joey’s uncle yell that David was here.

We went up front where David was standing in the hall. Joey waved him over to the room for us to hang. When we got back into the room, I noticed something was up with David.

“What is wrong David? You have a gloomy look on your face as if you ran over your dog or something!” Joey observed.

“If I tell you guys, you need to promise me you won’t say a word to anyone” David said in a hushed manner.

Joey and I promised. David then told us the whole story from when he and Tom first hooked up all the way through yesterday’s hook up. I understood why David was hurt, but he had to understand he was playing with fire. I wasn’t going to tell him that though, it would hurt him more than he is already hurting.

“David, he will come around if he meant what he said before you guys got into the disagreement.”

“You think so, Jacob?”

“Yes I do, and let me tell you why. He is scared, David, just like me. Remember when we first met, I didn’t want to tell you about me, but you figured it out because I talked in my sleep. But still I am not out, because I am afraid on what could happen.

Tom is a football star in a football program in Texas. If he is found out, it would be hundred times worse on him than any of us. He has to act and be seen as a man’s, man. That means doing things he doesn’t really want to do, like dating girls.

He told you that he loved you, and you make him feel things he never felt with anyone else before. Let him settle down, and that love will bring him back to you. When he does, don’t put pressure him into making a decision he can’t make. You will be asking him to give up everything he knows and then some. Putting that kinds of demands on him would poison any chance of a relationship lasting any real amount of time at all.”

“That is smart advice Jacob, but I also wonder. Do you think he will ever come out of the closet for me?” Dave asked, daring to hope.

“I can’t answer that for Tom, I just can’t. Let’s say he is a really good football player, gets drafted to play college ball, then into the NFL. In that reality he will need to lead a life where no one can screw with him. Having a gay relationship would, again, poison that kind of career. You say you love him. If that’s so, you will want what is best for him, even if that means you can’t have him just the way you want to. Do you love him enough to take a back seat and let him become all he can be?

We no longer live in the forties, but times haven’t changed enough yet for us. Look, unless you live in San Francisco or some parts of Denver or even Canada, we really can’t be living in the open for fear of being put as second class citizens or even worse.

I really believe the whole reason things are the way they are right now about us, is simply people don’t understand us. Putting it another way, they are afraid of the unknown. What they don’t understand, they freak out about. They run or, even worse, try to destroy the unknown and unfamiliar.

So, until people really open their eyes and accept us as equals, things will never change. They need to understand this much; it’s none of their business what happens in the bedroom next door or across the street. They will keep on living no matter what. No matter if it’s two guys or girls making love to one another. But, they don’t see it that way.

Look at me going way off the subject. Look, just have his back and be there for him. If he truly loves and cares about you, he will come around. If this is real and he is ready to live his reality, then everyone around him either needs to accept it, or fuck off” I said, finishing my ‘sermon’.

“You’re right, Jacob, I will take your suggestion. I will wait for Tom, and if he comes back to me, I will stand by his side, and in the background if necessary, until he is ready. And, in answer to your question, yes, I do love him enough to want what is best for him and his success”

We started playing Sega Saturn until it was time to eat. David stayed for dinner, watched a movie with me and Joey, and then headed home.

(ALEJANDRO’S POINT OF VIEW)

“Hey essay how’s it hanging? Getting used to your freedom man?”

“What you think dumb ass, of course. I’d rather be out here than in County any day of the week.”

“Well then you have a problem man! I just heard something from one of our homey’s that live on the west side of town!”

“What is that?”

“That guy that we tried to axe, well he is back. It won’t take long for the District Attorney’s office to reach out to him!”

“Then we will need to reach out to him first, don’t you think?”

“Yeah I do. We will need to do it different this time though!”

“Let’s head into the house, homey and speak about the ways we could handle this problem!”

I got up and headed into the house. I thought this kid was gone for good. Why in the world did he come back? Now for sure I am going to have to take care of him and soon. I can’t allow the D.A. to find out he’s around and give him protection again. If that happens, I am going back in and there’s no way I going back in. He must be put out of the picture.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

Once David left, Joey and I sat in front of the television in his room. We started to cuddle as the movie went on. I loved being in his warm embrace. It was like home to me, being with Joey.

“Hey Joey, what do you think about that money my grandpa won in the law suit?”

“I think you can do anything with it. What I would do with it is invest it wisely. That way it will last you for life. Grandpa already has it in a Trust the Bank manages, but you still have control. Grandpa just wanted to be sure that nobody messes up or takes what is yours. Ya know, he loves you so much and he wanted to be totally sure you’d be taken care of, no matter what.”

“Heck Joey, I don’t plan to go out and buy a mansion and two hundred thousand dollar cars. The way I see it, I didn’t need it before, so I can forget about now since it’s in the Trust.”

“That is a good idea, just talk to the people at the Bank who know how to invest money. Just don’t invest in the stock market; it just isn’t a stable investment.”

“You’re right. It is something to think about, though.”

We returned our attention to the television and finished watching the movie. After it ended, we went to bed, cuddled and started making out. I didn’t feel like sex at this point. I simply didn’t feel very attractive right now. I never felt like I was a catch to begin with, like Joey or David, I was just simple.

I was already a skinny guy to start with, not much meat on the bones. Add to being sick and loosing the weight I just did; now I am just bones. I was never built, but I had a swimmers kind of build. That is pretty much gone now. I just didn’t feel attractive at all.

I’m just waiting for Joey to give up on me and dump my dumb ass. I feel it will be soon, I don’t know why, but I do. Maybe the looks he his giving me, or just a coolness I am feeling when I am with him. I think I have lost him, and it is my fault.

We slept together in each others’ arms. When I woke up the next morning, Joey was already gone. I didn’t feel him get up. He must have done it very quietly.

I got up and put my fingers through my hair, threw on a pair of running shorts and a t-shirt. Headed out to the den where I found Joey and his aunt and uncle sitting there talking. They looked up to me, and Joey’s uncle waved me in.

“Jacob! Good morning! Please, take a seat. We need to talk with you.”

I took I seat on the couch on the other side of the den from where Joey and his family were sitting. I looked over and waited for his uncle to continue.

Joey’s uncle started speaking his mind; “Jacob, we love having you here with us, just we do not have the room to keep you here. Joey’s room is pretty small for the two of you. We spoke with Joey, and he feels bad about slipping up and telling us something he feels it wasn’t his place to say.

So please do not get mad with him. It was an honest slip up. We have known that Joey is special, and we love him for that. Now he has found someone he loves and wants to spend the rest of his life with. That’s where he slipped up. He told us about you two.

We won’t breathe a word about it to a soul. Whenever you are ready to tell people, then that will be completely up to you. It isn’t our place to do so” his aunt interjected.

“Thank you very much. It was just a matter of time before someone close to us was going to figure us out” I said with a sigh of relief in my voice.

Joey’s uncle continued; “With that said, we have a plan to fix the overcrowding situation here in the house. We started years ago remodeling the garage into a private apartment for visitors. We just never finished laying down the carpet and turning on the water to the bathroom.

You two still are going to high school, so we don’t want you to pick up jobs. It is too hard to do both. What we want to do is to finish that room up, and let you two live in it. But it will be under some conditions.”

At this point Joey moved over to where I was sitting and grabbed my hand. We sat there together holding hands in the den for the first time in front of someone else. I felt so relieved and more in love with Joey than ever before.

Here I was thinking he wanted to break up with me, but it was the opposite. He was trying to figure out a way to tell me he misspoke to his uncle and aunt. I finally spoke up and asked.

“What are the conditions in order to stay in the apartment?” I asked wanting to know just how the game of life had to be played.

Joey’s uncle, holding up one finger began the list; “First that part of the house will have an entrance into the main house, and a private entrance from the outside. We do not want you guys bringing people over at all hours of the night. Respect yourselves and the place in which you live.

Second, you guys need to not only stay in school, but keep a grade point average of at least three point five or higher. You can join any sports you want, just don’t let sports interfere with your studies.

Third, you guys can go to parties, but only on Fridays and Saturdays during school year. Then during the summer we will talk about it on a case by case basis.

This one is for you mainly Jacob: You grandfather thought about you and made sure you will always be taken care of. He won the law suit for you and put all the money in trust under your name with no restrictions. Money changes people, I hope it doesn’t change you, I really don’t think it will. All the same, while you live here, you have nothing to worry about. Ann and I have good jobs, and good savings. We can support you and Joey. So we are asking you not to spend that money until you’re in college, or later if possible. The Trust at the Bank has already put the money in investments. You need to talk with them and take an active and informed roll in the management of the funds that are your future.”

It was Joey’s aunt’s turn to get her points in; “And finally, we want you guys to eat meals with us. That’s dinner in the evening during the week, and breakfast and dinner during weekends. You guys will have your own kitchen in there. It’s small, but adequate enough.”

Joey’s uncle picked up the conversation; “Those are the restrictions we have. I believe it won’t be hard to do or live with. We want you guys to have your privacy and yet we want to be near enough to watch over. If you can live with the restrictions, the place is yours.”

“I can live with them, but what about my mother? I don’t think she will let me stay here forever.”

“We have already spoken with her; she had no problem just as long as you visit her through the week and some on the weekends. She loves you very much and wants you to be happy” Joey’s uncle informed me.

“Then I have no problem, and thank you Mr. and Mrs. Alvarez.”

“I also have no problem with the conditions. As long as I can go to bed with my Jacob every night, I am a happy camper” Joey said with more than just a touch of glee in his voice.

“Then it is set. We will call in the needed people to finish the job in the next couple of days. Hopefully it will be ready before Christmas!” Joey’s uncle stated indicating that this meeting had been concluded.

Joey grabbed my arm and we headed over to the door the leads into the garage. It wasn’t bad at all in all honesty. When you walk in, there is a little sitting room that leads into a very small kitchen. The kitchen can only fit one body down the narrow aisle. On one side sits the stove and the other a little refrigerator and a double sink. On top are cabinets and the side that has the stove has shelves as well. As you walk over into the sitting room, there is a door that lead us into the bedroom. All and all, it’s a pretty cool set up. I think when they bought this house it was a two car garage and they added more to one side of the garage. The roof evens out at about ten or so feet in the bedroom.

As we walked through the garage, or now the apartment, Joey and I were making plans as to what we could do with the place. We both agreed on one thing; a king size bed in our bedroom; nothing smaller.

(ALJENDRO POINT OF VIEW)

I couldn’t believe that kid actually had the balls to show himself again. I went by his apartment where he lived, but he never came in or out. Then another buddy of mine told me he was staying at a friend’s house right now. I wonder why he’s staying there.

When I got home, the gang was already there. I knew it was time to make a plan on how we were going to get rid of this problem once and for all. I got out, greeted my homey’s and headed to the yard where we meet in a shed.

“Hey Alex, we need to take this boto out once and for all. We cannot have him walking the streets and us hiding away like some kind of trash!”

“I agree and that is why we are here. We tried to take him out before, and the dude has like nine lives or something. We must come up with a plan that will get the job done right this time and not come back to bite us.”

“I say we just take him out and the family he is staying with. We cannot let this stand much longer.”

“None of us wants to go to prison. So we must do it smart and right this time.”

“How then, Alex can we do it right this time?”

“I don’t know right now, that’s why I need you guys’ help. I think we should send the hit out to another group. That way it doesn’t come back to us.”

“We will put our heads together and come up with a way to get rid of this problem.”

We all sat there in the shed discussing ways of taking out this witness. One thing did come out of this; we need to so it soon and get rid of him once and for all.

TO BE CONTINUED………..

{Now that Jacob is back and he and Joey are looking like they are going to set up housekeeping. Will their relationship grow stronger or by living together and really seeing each other in the light, they call it quits? David is in love with Tom and by the sounds of it, Tom really does love David. Will Tom see his way through and go back to David? Or is their relationship doomed? Alejandro, the shooter that got released from County, knows that Jacob is back. Will he succeed before he is thrown into jail once and for all? A lot has happened since Jacob and Joey first met. It looks like they are getting stronger though. There is a lot to answer in the chapters to come. Stick around and keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks! I have a home page for you to see what the characters look like or what the places look like. If you want to walk in their shoes, please go to: http://jacobmillertex.com/}

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I feel sorry for David over his relationship with Tom, but his comment about hoping now that Jacob had been found it would get Joey out of his crappy mood grated on my nerves. So now Jacob and Joey not only have a so so friend to rely on but Jacob is in danger again because they think he’ll testify against this gang member. I guess in retrospect if Jacob had testified and pointed out the ones that attacked him he might not be in this situation but with their connections he was probably correct in the danger to his life if he had testified. This poor kid can’t catch a break.

Link to comment

David and Tom atre in the same position as many sports men and women who are gay. They are scorned and abused by so-called "straight" people. Even this week, a soccer player was abused by spectator players from the opposition team members. Welcome to bigotry 2022 Australia, will it ever stop.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..