Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 52. Chapter 52

Al went into the office early due to having a conference call with the Governor. They spoke on the phone for over two hours before the Governor went into his next meeting. He asked Al to speak with state legislators. The Governor wants to make sure they understand that they need to back legislation on the floor.

Just as Al hung up the phone, it rang again. He answered it by putting it on the speaker because it's his secretary calling him. She is informing him that his first meeting of the day has been waiting for him or almost thirty minutes. He instructed his secretary to go ahead and show her in and turned off the speaker.

Martha walked in, as Al got up from his desk to greet her. They shook hands and Martha sat down. Before returning to his desk, Al and asked his secretary Shirley to bring in coffee, sugar and cream.

“Martha, first let me apologize for making you wait. I had a call that took much longer than I anticipated. I'm glad that you were able to find the new office without a problem.” Al sat next to Martha with his cup of coffee. “We are still moving in and getting situated. The reason I asked to meet with you this morning is go over what I need done on the store you will be taking over so we can formulate some plans.

You are walking into a mess that we inherited when we took over. When we bought out the franchises, we found a lot of things going wrong in the management teams in each restaurant. I don't know if it was because of the former owners or supervisors or both of them. But whoever it was trained these managers completely wrong.

We have are ready made some changes such as employee files are no longer being kept at the store levels and we have hired an HR manager that will take care of all the HR issues. She will have a small team here at the main office that will oversee all the HR issues that come up in the stores. We don't want anything to go wrong again.”

“I'm sorry to interrupt you Sir, but by you doing this, it takes away a lot of the power store managers have. I like to hire my own employees and if they don't work out, I like to know I can terminate them as well. Don't get me wrong, I give them as many chances that I can to get them trained. If you have an HR manager that will be doing that from now on that won’t work out for me.

You need to be in the store to see what is going on. Your HR manager is going to be here at the main office out of the loop of things. Then the employees will know that they can get away with a lot of things before we can even fire them. That really compromises the managers’ ability to manage.”

Al looked out Martha knowing what she is saying is correct. That is why he wants to get her into a supervisor position that will oversee all the managers, and she will eventually become the Vice President of Operations position. Just a few minutes of talking with her, he already knows that he has selected the right person for the new position.

“I hear what you are saying Martha. What do you recommend? We can’t have the same problems that we are having right now. We won’t loose our license to our restaurants because our new policies might hurt feelings.”

“What suggest is to keep the employee records here like you plan to do. Whenever a write-up or something gets added to an employee record needs to be sent to the main office within a certain amount of time. Let the store manager still hire, but when it comes to firing, we have to let the HR manager know before hand. That way she tells us that we are not opening the company for a lawsuit and following the laws.”

Al liked Martha concept and told her that he will go over the ideas with Jacob. They sat there talking a little longer about the store condition. Al went over what she is going to be running into when she walks in.

Before she left, Al went over things that he and Jacob have found that are totally again policy and good business practice. He didn’t tell her what stores or which managers were doing the wrong. He just wanted her to know to watch out for these items.

“One last thing Sir, who am I reporting to? What I mean is, do I report to you and Jacob or to the store supervisor?”

“Normally the store managers report to the supervisors. I don’t want the supervisor in charge of your store to feel like we are stepping on his toes.” Al sat down looking down at the list of the things they have found wrong.

“Screw that Martha! Like I said before, we don’t know who is at fault putting the policies that caused the old owners to lose their licenses into effect. You report directly to me and Jacob. I hope it’s not a problem reporting to Jacob!”

“Not at all Sir, I respect Jacob a lot! If I had a choice of teenagers to report to, I would select Jacob. He is wise before his years.” Martha walked back in and shook Al’s hand before leaving the office.

Jacob stayed in bed a little longer to spend time with Dewayne. He doesn’t want to leave Dewayne because he won’t see him again until tonight. He is not working today. That means Jacob and the guys are going to be eating at school today.

Dewayne had to pull Jacob out of bed in order for him to get going for the day. Jacob constantly stopped getting ready and rejoining Dewayne on the bed. Finally Dewayne got up and helped Jacob finish getting ready for school.

They walked down to the kitchen together and had breakfast. Dewayne walked Jacob to his truck and watched Jacob and the guys drive off to school. He gave Jacob one last kiss before Jacob left. Now Dewayne feels empty as he watches his boyfriend drive away.

Jacob ate quickly with the guys in the cafeteria. He needed to get over to the ROTC building for a meeting with Monica. Jacob wants her to be the new unarmed drill team commander. Because Jacob wants Monica in that position, Major Moore asked Jacob to take the meeting.

After he and Fierro met with Monica and gave her the news that they would like her to take over the unarmed drill team. Jacob and Fierro got called into Major Moore’s office. When they walked in, they found Major Moore, Sergeant Haney and several members of the battalion staff already in the office.

“Come in gentlemen. I need you all to hear what we just found out.” Jacob and Fierro walked in and stood in front of Major Moore's desk. “According to your training officer, command Sergeant major, and promotion and demotion officer, it was the executive officer that called the staff together for Loraine's board.

This is a big problem Jacob because it looks like your XO is trying to run the battalion and make you a figurehead only. I have not yet spoken with the rest the Battalion Staff. If they confirm what these three are telling me we have a problem on our hands.”

“By any chance are Loraine and the XO friends? I know that they are both on the unarmed drill team. I also know that they came up through the ranks together. It could be as simple as a friend trying to help out another friend.”

“Jacob, even if that is so, we can’t have that. We can’t have higher ranking officers sweeping things under the rug because the person at fault is their friend. So the answer to your question is, yes they are friends but that does not excuse what they did.”

Jacob stood there in front of Major Moore and the others. He wants to be fair and not demote another officer. He doesn't want the perception to get around that he is demoting anyone that speaks up against him. On the other hand, these two are not speaking up against him. They are in fact undermining command authority and breaking the rules.

“This is what I think we should do. We need to get the story confirmed. Once the other members of the Battalion Staff confirm the story, we will meet again. In the privacy of this office, we will discuss what will be the next steps to take.

Until then, we can’t have rumors floating around that we are discussing another demotion. I know that Fierro, you Major Moore or Sergeant Haney and I won’t discuss this with anyone. You other three can’t speak about what was discussed in this office. If a rumor starts to float around, you will be on the receiving end of the confirmation of that rumor.”

Major Moore agreed with Jacob and reaffirmed his promise, if what was discussed here today gets out. He is dismissed everybody just as the bell rang. Jacob walked out and headed straight to first period.

Loraine watched Jacob walked past her and down the hall. She can’t stand the sight of Jacob anymore. She started thinking that she really never liked Jacob. He walks around the ROTC building as if he owns the place. She'd never liked the idea that he got bumped up to Battalion Commander in his junior year.

She followed Jacob down the hall thinking how she could get him back for what he has done. One thing she knows for sure is that the payback needs to hurt him not only emotionally, but physically. Loraine ducked into the women’s bathroom just as Jacob turned around. She quickly went into a stall and sat down to gather herself.

Jacob found himself, once again, daydreaming of Dewayne. He can’t stop thinking about Dewayne. Whenever he has nothing to do, his mind wanders to Dewayne every single time. He snapped out of it when his teacher called him up to the blackboard.

After doing what his teacher requested to do, which was underline all the nouns and circle all the pronouns in the three sentences on the board, Jacob was surprised he got every single one of them right. After that he didn't want to be caught daydreaming so he paid attention to everything his teacher is saying.

During the second period, Jacob got so busy with calculus, he couldn't daydream. Math is one of his favorite subjects, if not the one he likes the most besides ROTC. That explains his second elective in third period which is computer programming. You have to be good in mathematics in order to understand programming.

When Jacob walked into third period, he went right to work with his program of creating a game. He wishes he could work on the IBM computers instead of the Apple computers. Each of them has different languages in programming but he knows them both. On the IBM you can do a lot more then you can on the Apple Computer.

Jacob didn't even hear the bell ring. He didn't want to stop running the program, because he feels that he is so close to finishing it. The only problem he is having right now is the head of his characters are not coming out round.

“Hey Jacob, the bell just rang for lunch. You can complete your program tomorrow, but for now you'll need to go and eat.”

“I'm having a problem with getting my characters heads round on my program. I don't know what I have wrong in my program that's not allowing my character heads to be round.” Jacob looked up to see his teacher standing over him.

“I told you guys at the beginning of the year that circles are the hardest part of a program. Print out your program where one of the characters heads is suppose to be. I will look it over at and help you out tomorrow. For now, I am hungry, and I need you to leave so where I can go to lunch.”

Jacob looked back at the computer and printed a portion of the program that his teacher asked him to. After saving his work, he turned off the computer and left. All the way to the cafeteria Jacob kept thinking about his program. The only thing that kept coming to his mind is that there has to be something so small that he's not seeing it.

Once Jacob finished lunch he headed over to the ROTC building to work on the newsletter. Major Moore made it clear that he wants a newsletter out before they go to State. And then they will have a special newsletter printed if they win State.

Jacob finished up with newsletter and got out of the building before Major Moore or anyone else pulls him aside. Jacob thought that if there's anything they need to talk with him about, they can wait until fifth period.

As Jacob walked down the halls he heard people talking about Tom and his friends playing football during lunch. He actually felt bad that he wasn't invited. Jacob reached his locker couldn't help but feel that maybe Tom and the others might not consider him like part of the guys. He is cool enough to hang around with a not to ask him to play any kind of sports at school.

Now during fourth period history, they started a new chapter that Jacob could enjoy. He loves learning how our nation became what it is today. Most of all he likes the political part of our country and the three branches of government and how they work.

He figures in his lifetime no gay man or woman will be elected to take high office. They might get into a governorship, or become a congressman or a senator, but not president. Still, Jacob loves to learn about our first president and everything from there on.

The rest the afternoon went by very slow for Jacob. Maybe because Jacob is thinking too much of being with Dewayne and that is causing the day drag on. Plus, he isn't going to go straight home, because he promised Alex and Matt during fifth period that he will take them to report into their probation officer after school.

Jacob jumped out of his seat as soon as the bell rang. He walked out of biology class and went straight to his locker. After grabbing his books he needed to do homework he headed over to his truck. As he walked up to his truck, he finds Chase, David and Tom waiting for him. Shortly after he got into his truck, Alex and Matt walked up.

They got in and Jacob drove straight to Alex's and Matt probation officer’s office. Jacob kept looking in his rear-view mirror at Alex. He noticed that something is on Alex's mind. Whatever it is really bothering him to the point he’s really not talking.

Jacob got to the probation officer's office quicker then he thought he would. Alex and Matt got out and slowly walked to the office. Jacob just watched them as if they are walking to the death chamber. Then it dawned on him a conversation he had with Franseca about their requirements on being on probation.

He rolled down his window and called out to Alex and Matt to come back. As they walked back to Jacob, he pulled out his wallet. He pulled out a couple hundred dollar bills to give to Alex and Matt to pay for their fees.

At first Alex refused to take the money from Jacob. Once Jacob explained to Alex that this isn't just money he's given to him but a loan. Once the print shop starts to make money, Jacob told Alex that he wants the money back. That is when Alex agreed to take the money on the basis of it being a loan.

As soon as Alex and Matt walked off, Jacob turned to Tom and the others. “I have been wondering something lately and please don't take what I'm about to say wrong. Is there something that I am doing or that you guys are seeing that you feel that I am not part of the gang anymore?”

Tom looked at Jacob with a confused look on his face. Jacob looked at David and Chase and they also have the same confused look on their faces. Jacob started to think that maybe he is reading too much into them not inviting him to play football.

“Never mind, I don't think you guys understand my question. I have known you Chase, since we were freshmen in high school. David I met you when I first moved to the west side and started going to Newman. You Tom, I met shortly after that.

The reason I'm saying this is because I am the same person that I was when you first met me. Things have changed in all of our lives, but I don't think I have changed to the point where you guys can't approach me. I could be wrong on that. If I am, please let me know. Chase, I consider you my best friend, as well as you David and Tom.”

Jacob stopped talking and just looked straight ahead. He left Tom, David and Chase wondering what in the world he is talking about. It didn't cross their minds that Jacob found out about their football game and got hurt on not being invited. They just kept thinking that Jacob is thinking that they might do what Joey did to him out of the blue.

They sat there in the truck in silence until Alex and Matt rejoined them. They talked a little as they drove home, but not like they normally do. Once they got home Jacob went straight up to his room to start his homework so he can get it done before dinner.

While Jacob is upstairs doing his homework, Chase and the others went down to the game room to try to figure out what Jacob meant. The only two that didn't join them in the game room is Alex and Matt, but Dewayne did.

“I don't know about the rest of you guys, but I am freaking out on what Jacob said. Do any of you have any idea where all that came from? I don't have the faintest idea why Jacob talked the way he did after school.”

“Hey, you guys need to fill me in on what's going on. I was not with you guys at school when all this that you guys are talking about happened.” Dewayne looked as confused at that moment that Chase, David and Tom looked in the truck.

David explained to Dewayne what they are talking about. He told Dewayne about the question Jacob asked, and then took back. David further explained what Jacob said after he took back the question he had asked.

“Chase, you’ve known Jacob longer than the rest of us do. All three of you have known Jacob longer then I have. In the short time that I have known Jacob, I can tell you that he found out something and he's giving you all a chance to come clean. When you guys didn't come clean it actually hurt him more than what you guys originally did.”

All three of them looked at Dewayne as he got up and left the game room. None of them could figure out what has Jacob all up in arms. They stood there talking with each other until they were called up for dinner. Even then, they didn't figure out what Jacob is talking with them about earlier.

For the very first time in a long time, no one really talked all through dinner. The only time that they looked up from their plates is when they were getting seconds. Other than that no one looked at each other while they ate. Even Al, Virginia and Franseca figured out there is something going on between the boys, but decided to stay out of it.

Jacob and Dewayne went up their room after dinner. When they first walked in, they were as quiet as they were during dinner. The first, Dewayne sat on the chair and Jacob lay down on the bed. Dewayne got tired of the silence and decided to find out what is going on with Jacob. He got up from the chair and joined Jacob on the bed.

“This could be the one of those times that whatever is going on is none of my business. Still, I am very worried about you. Jacob, what are you so angry about right now? Tom and the others were sitting in the game room trying to figure out what you are trying to tell them.”

Jacob just sat there on the bed. Not even looking over to Dewayne. He didn't think that they would try to figure out as a group what he tried to say. They should've been able to figure it out without needing any roadmap to the answer.

“There is never a subject or an issue that is off-limits to you Dewayne. We are a couple and a couple discusses everything. So never be afraid to approach me about anything you are seeing, hearing or feel you need to talk with me about.

Now about today, at lunch they decided to wait for me to leave and then go and play football. They didn't even bother to ask me to join them. They didn't even mention it while we were eating that they were going to play football. That is what is bothering me. I am getting a feeling that they don’t want me around as a normal friend.”

Dewayne understands where Jacob is coming from. At the same time he needs to realize that these guys look up to him. Jacob has accomplished more already in his life than others will accomplish in their lifetime.

“I really don't think they were deceiving you in anyway. You told me many times that you need to go and deal with things in the ROTC building before school, during lunch and many times after school. They know that and more than likely figured that you were going to go to the ROTC building like you always do.”

“That’s the problem they assumed before asking me anything. I just mentioned it to them and didn't make a big thing out of it. Once I mentioned it that was it for me. I have no plans to beat a dead horse. As far as I am concerned, the matter is dropped.”

No matter what he says, Dewayne knows. Jacob has already made up his mind. He sees where Jacob is coming from and why he is feeling the way he is. They should have at least mentioned it in a random part of the conversation while they were all at the table.

“Those guys look up to you and never do anything on purpose to hurt you. With that said, I agree they should have mentioned it in the conversation. Just don't think badly of them. More than likely, they decided to do it after you've left.”

Dewayne kissed Jacob on the forehead as he got out of the bed. “I need to go down and get my laundry from the dryer before Franseca sees it. You know how she gets when we leave our laundry in the dryer.”

Jacob laughed and nodded his head in agreement. Dewayne headed down to the laundry room. As he started to fold his clothes, Tom and the guys walked in. At first Dewayne didn't hear him until they all had walked in.

“We are still banging her head against the wall trying to figure out what Jacob meant. I know you don’t like to discuss anything that you two discussed in private. But we need to know what we did wrong so where we don't do it again.”

Dewayne looked at Tom, David and Chase as they stood there in front of him with concernws looks on their faces. They want the answer to what Jacob is trying to say to them. He knows now that they didn't keep Jacob out of the loop on purpose.

“I don't know the details surrounding what you guys did during lunch, and I don't want to know. Jacob agrees with me that you guys didn't do it on purpose, but he found out about your game of football. You guys went out and played football and didn't bother to even mention that you have those plans while Jacob was eating with you.”

“Wait a minute. Is that what Jacob is trying to tell us? We decided at the last minute to play catch not even football. The only reason that we……”

“Like I told you I don't want to hear what happened. Jacob knows you guys didn't purposely keep him out of the loop. As far as he cares the subject is dropped. So don't keep banging your heads on the wall about this. Jacob has no plans of mentioning it again. And so you guys should just drop it as well.

I would like you guys to think of something. If you look from his point of view, it looks like you guys are pulling away. More and more you guys are going off and doing things on your own and that is fine. But you guys need to remember that Jacob doesn’t make friends easily. I know that is not your problem, but he has been here when you needed him. Also, you have your own lives to live. Just, if you plan not to be his friend, let him know now so he can just add it to the hurt of losing Joey.”

Dewayne gathered his clothes and walked off leaving Tom, David and Chase standing in the laundry room. When he got back into the room, he found Jacob already sound asleep.

He knows that Jacob gets tired a lot more easily right now because of his kidneys not working properly. He is lucky that he is able to do is much as he's been doing.
Quietly Dewayne put away his clothes before getting ready for bed. As Dewayne walked up to the edge of the bed, he noticed that Jacob had fallen asleep with his clothes on. He gently untied Jacob's sneakers, pulled them off and did the same thing with Jacob jeans and shirt. Before Dewayne crawled into bed himself he hooked up Jacob to his machine.

Major Moore sat in his doctor’s office to get his chemotherapy. He hates this time of the month, because once he gets his chemotherapy he feels like crap. In return, he takes it out on everyone else around him.

His doctor comes in to the office early once a month in order to administer Major Moore's chemotherapy. No matter how much the doctor keeps asking him to retire Major Moore refuses. Major Moore keeps telling his doctor that if he retires he will lose the will to want to live. His whole life has been somehow involved in the military.

“So tell me Joe, what is going on with your battalion right now?”

“For the first time in a very long time, I got a very good group of officers. The young man that I have running the battalion right now is going to go places in his life. I know he will never go into the military, because of who he loves. That is a big loss for our military. This kid could go as high as four-star general. That is how good he is.”

“It looks like you found someone that you can mentor. He can actually go into the military if he wants to. Just tell him not to mention who he loves. If they ask the question most will answer the question negatively even if they are.”

“You’re right on that, but they shouldn’t even ask that question. I served with men that were great soldiers and later I found out they are gay. Being gay didn’t make them lesser of a soldier. They were equal, if not better than many of us straight guys.

These poor guys and ladies are where the African Americans were when this nation was first created. They are considered lesser of a person because they love the same sex. That is wrong and we all know that. It is going to take a movement like we had to get them equal rights under the law. I really hope that happens in this young man’s lifetime. He deserves so much. This country is really shooting itself in the foot when they don’t want to accept something that can’t be changed and is out there.”

Major Moore talked with his doctor while he got his treatment. Once again his doctor tried to talk Major Moore into retiring. And once again Major Moore refused to retire. As soon as the treatment was done, Major Moore headed to school to start the day.

Jacob found himself going to the computer lab after breakfast instead of the ROTC building. He can’t stop thinking about his program. He is so close on getting it done, he can’t think of anything else. He found the door locked to the computer lab when he arrived. Jacob waited a few minutes before he gave up and headed to ROTC.

When he walked into the building he found Major Moore in his office yelling at his drill team commanders. Jacob felt bad for Monica because she barely took over the team and she is being blamed for something that happened before she took over.

Just as Jacob sat down to start working on the newsletter, Major Moore called him into the office. Jacob got up and walked over to the office. He knocked before entering and waited for Major Moore to ask him in. Once Major Moore waved Jacob in, he excused the drill team commanders.

“Jacob I have spoken with the other members of the battalion staff. They confirmed the story we were told yesterday. Like I said yesterday, you can’t have an officer running around thinking that they can do a go around with you. If you let this slide, others are going to try the same thing.”

Major Moore looked at Jacob for the first time since he walked in. “Look I know you don’t like doing this part of your job. It sucks and it makes you look like a bad guy. No matter if you go into the military or run your own company, you will have to make these ugly decisions. It will eat at you for a while, but you will get through it.”

“Sir, isn’t there any way we can just write her up, instead demoting her?”

Major Moore walked around his desk and stood in front of Jacob. “Listen Jacob, I hate showing you guys this part of your positions. I hated doing it myself when I had to do it. You guys think I enjoy yelling at you and making your lives a living hell. I don’t like doing that. It bothers me every time I rip a cadet down in order to make that cadet realize he or she can be a lot more than they think they are. You have to do this part of your job.”

“I will go ahead and pull her out of the position and demote her to captain from major. I’ll move people around on the battalion staff and place Monica as a recruiting officer. That is the easiest position and it won’t take time away from her to get the drill team ready.”

“I am fine with that. We only have to promote one person so it doesn’t make a mess in our company formations. Now by demoting your XO to captain, she can’t take company commander because there isn’t one open. Decide what you are going to do there and let me know when you hand in your restructure of your staff.”

Jacob promised to have the restructure and what he planned to do with his former XO in Major Moore’s hands by the end of the day. Major Moore excused Jacob as he went back behind his desk. Jacob got up to leave, but turned around.

“Major Moore are you feeling okay today sir? You look whiter than a ghost. It kind of reminds me what I looked like when I was going through my sickness.”

Major Moore looked over to Jacob and smiled at him. “I am fine Jacob, thank you for asking. I am just fighting off this flu that is going around. I forgot that you are a cancer survivor. I really hope you stay free of cancer. I have been worried about you since you returned from the holidays. I have seen that IV in your arm Jacob.”

Jacob walked in and closed the door. For the first time Jacob and Major Moore sat in his office and talked about something instead of ROTC. Jacob explained to Major Moore why he has the IV in his arm. He thought that he had it hidden where no one could see it, but now that Major Moore mentioned it. Jacob can’t stop wondering who else has seen the IV in his arm and hasn’t said anything about it.

“Jacob you need to stop being so hard headed about telling your doctor about how you are feeling. You are one of the lucky few that can walk around saying that you are a cancer survivor. Too many lose their lives to that.”

They continued talking until Sergeant Haney walked in. Jacob thanked Major Moore and repeated to him that he will get all the changes to him by the end of the day. On the way out, Jacob shook Sergeant Haney’s hand.

To Jacob’s surprise, the morning flew by. The only class he wished went slow is third period. When he walked in he had hoped that his teacher looked at what he printed yesterday and gave to him, but he hadn’t. Jacob spent the entire hour trying to figure where in the program he went wrong.

Right before the bell rang, he did something in the program that actually worked. When he typed in the command run, the game started. As the back ground noises and music started to play, everyone got up from their computers and walked over to see what is going on at Jacob’s work station.

They all wanted to play the game that Jacob just created on the computer. Although it isn’t anything fancy like the original Sonic the Hedgehog game, it is pretty good for a first year high school programmer.

“Jacob, I didn’t have a doubt that you would find out where you went wrong. It works and your classmates are having fun with your game. You get an ‘A’ for this program! Great job Jacob!” His teacher patted Jacob on the back.

Jacob saved his changes to the floppy drive just as the bell rang. He grabbed his books and ran out of the class with a huge smile on his face. Just as he walked up to his truck, he found everyone waiting on him. They all jumped in and headed off to Taco Bell. Jacob can’t wait to tell Dewayne the break through he just had.

When they arrived at the restaurant, Jacob couldn’t believe the huge line. The line is actually hanging out the door. He looked at the people in the line and saw that they are high school students. The thing that Jacob doesn’t understand is what high school they are coming from. This Taco Bell isn’t close to any high school.

Finally Jacob and the guys got to the register and placed their orders. Jacob sees Dewayne working his butt off at the steam counter. Dewayne looked back at Jacob right when Jacob finished paying. Dewayne kissed the air and Jacob pretended to catch the kiss and placed his hand against his lips.

All through lunch Jacob and Dewayne stole glances of each other. A couple times they caught each other steeling those glances. They just smiled at each other when they got caught. Although Jacob really wanted to be with Dewayne, he knows that Dewayne won’t be able to join him for lunch. Jacob took one thing away from it all. He at least saw Dewayne, unlike yesterday he had to wait until he got home to see him.

Just like the morning, Jacob’s afternoon flew by. When he walked into ROTC, he handed Major Moore his restructure and what he plans to do with his former XO. Major Moore approved of the changes without asking Jacob to change something.

During history class, Jacob got more into what the teacher is lecturing. He didn’t know that the Constitution was signed during war. He thought the picture of our founding fathers signing the Constitution is accurate, but it isn’t it. In fact they never were in a room together. They came in at separate times and signed the Constitution.

As soon as Jacob got home, Alex and the others took off in Tom’s car to work. That reminded him about yesterday. How they seem to be pulling away from him and doing their own thing. Jacob told himself that they have their own lives to live and they should live them. He needs to stop thinking this way about them.

Jacob ran up stairs and changed his clothes. When he walked out of the bathroom, he found Dewayne half naked in the bedroom. Jacob snuck up on Dewayne and slapped him on his butt. Dewayne turned and started laughing as he pulled Jacob into him.

“Have I told you today how much I love you? If I haven’t, let me tell you that I love you so much I can’t seem to breathe when you are not around. Without a doubt in my mind you are the greatest thing that has happened in my life.”

They leaned in at the same time to kiss each other, but instead. They hit each others heads. They started laughing as they rubbed their foreheads. Jacob stole a squeeze of Dewayne’s dick as he walked back to the bathroom to comb his hair. Dewayne followed and as he wrapped his arms around Jacob, he stole the squeeze back.

Instead of going in the truck, Jacob and Dewayne jumped into the car. Jacob fought with Dewayne over him driving, and Jacob won. Dewayne drove them to the furniture store where they could look at the bedroom sets together.

They walked in and went right to the bedroom sets. Several salesmen asked if they could be any assistance, but they said ‘not right now’. They looked at bedroom set after bedroom set. Not one of them they liked. Jacob couldn’t believe that his bedroom set is still on the floor, but the price is a lot lower than he paid for it.

Dewayne left Jacob to find a salesman to help them. Sometimes they keep furniture in the back room because they don’t have enough room on the floor to put all their furniture. Jacob kept walking around the floor while Dewayne went to get help. All of a sudden Jacob felt someone tapping him on the shoulder. He turned around a little spooked.

“I knew it was you when I saw you just pass right now. How have you been Jacob? It has been a very long time since I have seen you. Over two years now, give or take a month.”

At first Jacob couldn’t place the guy talking to him. Then he smiled and Jacob remembered him. He can’t believe that Jason actually recognized him after not seeing each other for over two years. They barely knew each other when he lived in the apartments with his mother his freshman year.

“It has been two years since we have seen each other Jason. It has been so long that I couldn’t place you at first. I am doing great Jason, very well! How about you, how have you been doing? The last I heard of you, you were about to tie the knot.”

“No that fell apart. She caught me cheating on her three days before we were to get married. I have a couple kids with the same girl, but we never got married. That has my mother up in arms. She wants me to get married and settle down.

The last I heard of you, you were very sick. In fact I heard that you had died. But here you are standing right in front of be looking very good. You know my mother didn’t like you. She thought you were gay and you were going to turn me gay. Thank god she never found out about what we did when I was drunk.”

Jacob pretended to laugh at what Jason just said. “Well your mom is right on one thing, I am gay. She is wrong on other other. I can’t turn her straight son gay. We are born the way we are and there is no question about that.”

“Wow, I didn’t know that you are gay. I thought you were experimenting like I was. I would have never gone that far with you if I would have known you liked me. No matter what you think of me, I am not an ass like that.”

“Don’t worry about that Jason. I knew that you’re straight and you don’t bat on my side of the fence. I liked you, like any teen does when they get a crush. You have a great body and you wore tight jeans that got me going all the time back then. The ladies that get you are very lucky just like I have been in my love life!”

“Don’t tell me you and Joey got together. That is the only gay kid I knew from our neighborhood. Let me correct that, I didn’t know him, I knew about him.” Jason sat down on one of the beds.

“Joey and I did get together and we are not together anymore. We broke up before Thanksgiving last year. He moved out with his mother and sister to New Mexico.”

Just then Dewayne walked up. Jacob turned to see Dewayne behind him. Without pausing or wanting to hide him, Jacob pulled Dewayne to his side. He grabbed a hold of Dewayne’s hand as he looked back over to Jason.

“I would like you to meet my boyfriend Dewayne, Dewayne this is Jason. Jason and I lived in the same apartment complex when I started high school. He lived with his parents in the apartment above my mother’s.”

They shook each others hands. Jason just kept looking Dewayne up and down. “You look a little older than my friend Jacob. If you don’t mind me asking, how did you guys meet? Jacob here is a nerd in school and you look like an athlete.”

Dewayne wanted to kick Jason’s ass across the showroom floor. He doesn’t like the way he is talking about Jacob. Even if he is a nerd, he wants Jason to show Jacob respect that he deserves. But he kept his arms to his side and spoke to Jason politely.

“I am older than Jacob by a little over a year and a half. I have already graduated from high school, so I didn’t meet Jacob in high school. We met when he walked into one of his restaurants while I was working. We fell in love which each other the minute we saw each other.” Dewayne using every ounce of power not to hit Jason!

“Cool, I never knew anyone that had a story likes yours that sound like you only see in the movies. Jacob I didn’t know that you owned restaurants. Which one do you own; maybe I have eaten in your restaurant and didn’t even know the little place is yours.”

“I am pretty sure you have eaten in my restaurants before. My grandfather and I equally own all the McDonalds here in El Paso. So when ever you walked into my little restaurant and ordered a Big Mac, you have eaten in one of my little places.”

Dewayne couldn’t help but smile as Jacob verbally hit Jason in the gut. Jason’s smile fell right off of his face when he heard the word McDonalds. You can tell he is trying to gather himself and figure out how to pull his foot out of his mouth. Just then the assistant manager walked up to Jacob and Dewayne.

“Good evening Mr. Henderson, it is great to see you again. I see you have met the other assistant manager of the store. Jason here can help you as much as I can. To show how much we value your business, we both can help you tonight.

Now though I didn’t think I would be seeing here this quickly after what you bought the last time. Did our furniture not last as we said it would? If something has falling apart before it should have, please let us correct that right now!”

“No, no, everything is great as far as your furniture. We are just in the market for another bedroom set for my room. The one I bought the last time I am giving to a friend of mine. In return I need a bed to sleep on!” Jacob started to laugh!

Dewayne kept an eye on Jason. He doesn’t like the idea that this guy is an assistant manager here. He talked down to Jacob and didn’t respect him. Now he has to respect him after hearing what he just heard.

“Okay, I understand where you are coming from. Now I have been told by this young man here….” the assistant manager patted Dewayne on the shoulder…. “you guys looked at the sets we have on display and nothing caught your eye. We do have several new sets that have com in, but are not for sale yet until we get rid of the stock we have.”

“With all due respect, I think they should buy from what is on the floor. The sets that are not on the floor are not ready for sale. You know we had a meeting about that just yesterday. We got to lead by example when it comes to saying what and what can’t be done.” Jason looked at the other assistant manager.

“That is fine sir and Jason, we can go elsewhere. There is plenty other furniture stores here in El Paso. They will be more than willing to sell me furniture when I come in ready to pay cash for the furniture. As you know, I will always return to the store that treats me right. Just ask Mr. Dick, the owner of Mesa Ford. He treated me right and I went back and paid cash again for another vehicle with his company.”

Jacob grabbed Dewayne and started to walk out. He doesn’t like throwing the fact he has money around, but Jason got under Jacob’s skin. Jacob liked the guy when he had a crush on him. Now that the crush is gone, he sees Jason for the person he truly is. A pompous ass who thinks he is God’s gift to woman and gay men.

“Come on Jacob we have helped you in the past. You have bought all of your furniture for your entire house with us in the past. We gave you a great deal then and we will give you a great deal again.” Jacob turned around to look at the egg on Jason’s face.

“Now why don’t you follow me to the back where I can show you the sets we don’t have on the floor. The mean time Jason here can look up the price for us. Then I can see what I can do with that price.”

Jacob and Dewayne walked with the assistant manager to the back. The second set they saw, both Jacob and Dewayne loved. It fits their style down to a T. Just as they started to walk to the front of the store, the owner of Ideal walked in.

The owner didn’t even bother to introduce himself to Jacob and Dewayne. He asked to speak with the assistant manager that is helping them. Jacob watched the assistant manager walk to the office with the owner and Jason. He turned to Dewayne trying to figure out what they should do.

“I know that we might not find that set at another furniture store, but your old friend, well he is trying to do what ever he could to stop us from buying here. I say let’s give him the wish and let him lose this sale for his company. Let’s go to another furniture store that will treat us with respect.”

“You my handsome soccer player, you’re right let’s get out of here. There are plenty of furniture stores in this city we can shop at. We need to go now before they close though. I want to have the furniture delivered by tomorrow.”

They walked out of the furniture store and right as they got into the car, the assistant manager came running out. Right behind the assistant manager is the store owner. They walked up to the car and motioned for Jacob to roll down his window.

“I thought we had a set picked out for you. Let’s finish this deal and get the new set to tomorrow morning.” The assistant manager placed his hands on his knees trying to catch his breath.

“I don’t know what is going on in this store. The last time I came I didn’t have this problem. I got treated with respect and dignity way before you guys knew I had the money to pay for the furniture in cash. Today it is like a whole different store. I can’t shop at a store that is unwilling to treat me with respect.”

“Mr. Hernandez, I got called in to deal with you directly. I have a standing policy that whenever a customer like you comes back to the store to buy again I want to do what it takes to make the customer happy. I am sorry for walking past you and not introducing myself. I should have done that and I don’t want to lose you as a customer for that stupid mistake. We made you happy the last time, and that is why you’re back ready to shop with us again. We can make you happy again, just give us a chance.”

Jacob turned off his car and walked got out. Dewayne walked with Jacob back into the store to be greeted by Jason. His attitude has done a one hundred and eighty turn from when he left them earlier. The Jason that talked with Jacob is the Jason that Jacob knew.

After completing the deal and setting the delivery time for the next day, Jacob and the owner talked a little. Jacob got the owner to take his printing needs to Alex’s print shop. In return, Jacob will provide soft drinks for the cookouts they do every summer to get customers to come and buy furniture.

At the same time Jacob got the owner to give him the bedroom set at cost. That allowed Dewayne to pay for the entire set. Jacob loved the look on Dewayne’s face when he paid for the entire bedroom set out of his own money. It made Dewayne feel great, and in return Jacob felt great as well.

Before leaving Jacob told the owner he will be back to buy more furniture. He explained that he just bought his mother a house and more than likely she will be getting rid of her old furniture. He will return within a couple weeks to get at least a couple rooms of furniture. That pleased the owner that Jacob is going to return and buy from him.

All the way home, Jacob could hear in Dewayne’s voice and see it in his face how good he is feeling. Jacob grabbed Dewayne’s hand and brought it over to him. Dewayne stopped talking for enough time to lean in to kiss Jacob at the red light.

As soon as they got home, Franseca just put dinner on the table. Jacob, Dewayne, Lorenzo, Ismail, Tony and Virginia are the only ones home. They sat down to eat in silence like the night before. It wasn’t because anyone is angry with the other, but it was due to not having the entire group at the table.

Jacob helped Franseca clear the table and do the dishes. He helped her do the pots and pans, as she loaded the dishwasher. Franseca looked up at Jacob and saw the young kid in his eyes, but a worried look on his face that shouldn’t be on a teenager’s face.

“Jacob what are you, my sons age?” Jacob looked at Franseca and shook his head. “That means you are sixteen but going on forty. When are you ever going to slow down and be just a teenager? You know that you have the right to be a teenager?”

“I know Franseca, but if I don’t keep doing what I am doing, I will lose everything. My grandpa worked so hard to get me where I am now. I can’t let him down. He is depending on me to take things over when I graduate from college.

And now that my mom is going to move to the house behind my grandfathers, I need to be on my toes. She is going to do what she can to make my life a living hell. I don’t want Dewayne to get hurt by her. He got hurt already from his own parents. I love him too much to see him be put through the wringer by my mother.”

“I don’t understand why you asked your mother to move in so close to you if you felt this way. You could have bought a house anywhere in El Paso and tell her to move there. She doesn’t need to be this close to you if you feel the way you feel.”

“Franseca I think it boils down to one simple thing. She is my mother and I love her. I see she is trying to change with the help of my father. I am asking her to take me as I am, but what does it say to her and others if I were to move her to the other side of town and not open my doors to her. I need to believe that she is changing and I really hope she is.”

“For your sake and Dewayne’s I hope she is as well. I know your mother can change because she has changed towards me and my son.”

“Yeah, after you kicked her ass in the pool on Christmas!” Jacob started to laugh as he handed Franseca a wet pan.

“I rarely see you laugh like that Jacob. It looks good on you. You need to do it a lot more. Stop being an adult for awhile and be a kid. You have earned that right for all what you have done and gone through.

To tell you another thing Jacob, ever since I moved in here I haven’t heard anyone talk about your birthday parties. I have heard of the parties you have given for Joey and the others in this house, but never a story about your birthday. I never see you out having fun and being a kid. You can say it is none of my business, but what is up with that?”

“There is so much going on in my life right now, I don’t have the time to do anything like that. As far as my birthday, it would be shallow of me to throw my own birthday party. I am fine on not celebrating my birthday. Nothing but bad happens whenever I celebrate anything in my life.”

They finished doing the dishes in silence. Franseca didn’t have an answer to what Jacob just said. She has never heard a teenager give up on things like Jacob has so early in life. This is one thing she needs to talk with Al about. This year they need to throw Jacob a birthday party that others will talk about for a whole year.

Jacob started to leave the kitchen when Franseca stopped him. “Jacob before you go let me leave you with this thought. You are only sixteen and there is a whole life ahead of you. Don’t kill that beautiful part of you that loves life. I see it in you even when you try to hide it. It shines out of your baby eyes every time I look at you. You have so much to give, don’t give it all now.”

Jacob walked over to Franseca and hugged her. Jacob couldn’t help himself from asking why his mother didn’t say things like that to him as he grew up. Maybe if she had things wouldn’t be a hell of a lot different now, but who knows.

Although Jacob and Dewayne wanted to have sex with each other, they are too tired to do so. Jacob is emotionally tired and Dewayne is physically tired. They stood up from watching television for a while and headed upstairs. Just as Jacob shut the door, he heard the front door open and the voices of the guys as they walked in.

He walked over to the bed kicking off his shoes. As Jacob sat down, he pulled off his shirt and pants. He felt bad that he had fallen asleep last night with his clothes on and Dewayne had to undress him like a little kid. Of course Dewayne didn’t complain about it, but Jacob felt bad that he had to do it.

They crawled into bed at the same time. Jacob reached over and hooked up the machine and turned it on. He thought that ever since he has been on this machine, he has been getting tired a lot quicker. He turned off the machine and didn’t hook up the IV. Dewayne looked at Jacob with a stunned look in his face.

“What the hell is wrong with you Jacob? This machine is keeping you alive until either your kidneys start working on their own or you get a transplant. Either way I won’t let you stop getting better. I won’t loose you because you are hard headed and refuse to listen to your doctor. You made me a deal and now you are breaking that deal!”

Instead of arguing with Dewayne, Jacob just hooked up the machine and turned it on. Dewayne set back down and relaxed when Jacob did that. Jacob grabbed a hold of Dewayne’s hand and pulled Dewayne into him.

“You know what I want us to get once all the construction is done?” Jacob looked at Dewayne as he shook his head to the side. “I have always wanted a dog, but my mother never allowed us to have one. I want a couple inside dogs that will curl up at our feet and be there at the door when we get home wagging their tails.”

“You know that I am excited every time you come home. I can pleasure you in ways that dogs can’t.” Dewayne leaned in and started kissing up and down Jacob’s neck.

They landed up in a full make-out session, both of them feeling out each other’s bodies, inch by inch. They both pulled away at the same time knowing that if they don’t stop now, they won’t be able to.

Dewayne curled up against Jacob, wrapping his arms around him. Fighting with each other that will get the last word in by saying I love you over and over again to each other until Jacob nodded off to sleep. Dewayne followed moments later.

The next morning Jacob and Dewayne slept in. They didn’t need to get up early because neither has to go to work or school. But their sleep got disturbed when they got woken up with someone banging on their bedroom door. Jacob called out to who ever are knocking on their door to leave, but they didn’t. Jacob gave up and invited the person in.

“Jacob my mother just told me that you are going to have your new furniture delivered today. We are not ready and I been trying to tell my mother that I should stay home and help you. You need my help right Jacob?”

Jacob looked over at Alex as he stood at the door. “Alex you should listen to your mother and go to work. Dewayne and I will handle the moving around of the furniture. Don’t worry; we won’t look through your stuff when we move things around.”

“No Jacob that is not it at all. I want to help you guys get my furniture out and this set in my and Matt’s room. It is way too much work for you and Dewayne to do on top of moving your furniture in as well.”

“Alex the delivery people from the store set up the furniture in the one we want it in. The only furniture we are going to move around is this set and what is in your room. That is not a lot of work to do. Go to work and enjoy learning to run your own company.”

With hesitation, Alex agreed and left Jacob’s room. Jacob turned and looked at Dewayne. They are both wide awake now and decided to just get up. They already have a lot of work to do and they should get started on it.

Jacob got out of the bed first, followed by Dewayne. Jacob started to walk to the bathroom when Dewayne called out to him. Jacob turned around to see what Dewayne needed. He felt like an idiot because he forgot to unhook himself from the machine. If he would have walked another three or so steps, his IV would have been pulled out!

As soon as they washed up they both threw on sweats, t-shirt and their running shoes. Jacob and Dewayne went down to eat breakfast. They ate quickly in order to start moving the furniture around.

Al, Jeremy, Tony and Andy Sr. stuck around to help Jacob and Dewayne. They split into teams clearing out rooms. Al, Andy Sr. and Tony went to clear out Alex’s room with Franseca overseeing their work. Jacob, Dewayne and Jeremy went back up stairs to clear out the furniture in their room.

Since Jeremy really didn’t understand what is going on. Jacob took him into his room and asked him to color in his books for awhile. He walked into Dewayne’s and his room to help out Dewayne to clear out the drawers.

Once they moved all their clothes and personal items into the closet, bathroom or one of the other rooms, they started to take the furniture down to the back door. The part that Jacob thought would be easy, landed up to be hard; the mattresses. Once they moved out the last piece of furniture, Franseca walked into the room and started to clean it.

Dewayne walked over to Franseca’s house to see if they are ready to move in the furniture from their room while Jacob stayed upstairs helping Franseca clean the room. Right when Jacob turned off the vacuum, the door bell rang.

Jacob went down to see who is at the door. He opened it to see Jason standing there with a clip board. Jacob couldn’t believe that Jason is standing out there with the delivery crew. The last time a manager didn’t come with the delivery crew. Jacob got pulled out of thought when Jason started to talk.

“You should know the process we do here. We will unload the furniture from the truck and you will inspect it before we take it inside. You will look at it again when it is set up in the room that you want us to set it up in. If there is any damage we will either fix now if we can, or send a crew out to fix it.”

Jacob nodded his head at Jason. Jason walked over to the moving truck and told the guys to start taking down the furniture. Jacob walked to the back door to see if Dewayne is there. Just as Jacob walked into the kitchen, Dewayne waked in the back door.

“You are not going to believe this Dewayne. Jason is actually out there with the delivery crew being all smug. When we bought furniture from the store last time a manager didn’t come down with the delivery crew. Why do you think Jason is here?”

“That’s easy, silly! It’s you! The guy says he’s straight and has had several kids, but come on. That guy is not only a closet case gay, but he wants you. I don’t know what happened in the past between you two and I don’t care. I have you now and he doesn’t. There is no way he will ever take you from me!”

“You don’t even have to think that Dewayne. I would never leave you for anyone, more less that guy. Why don’t you go and look at the furniture and watch them as they set it up. I will help my grandfather and the others set up Alex’s room.”

At first Dewayne objected, but Jacob wouldn’t hear of it. Dewayne went out to look at the furniture as it got unloaded from the truck while Jacob help set up the old bedroom set in Alex’s house. By the time they finished setting up Alex and Matt’s room, the moving crew and Jason had set up the furniture and left.

Jacob sat outside in the back yard by himself. He knows that he has never loved Jason. He was just a cute, older guy that got drunk and let a fourteen year old suck his dick. He never wanted Jason like he wanted Joey and now Dewayne. He truly loves Dewayne and wants to be with him the rest of his life.

He can only hope that this is the last he sees of Jason. One thing Jacob remembers about Jason is when he wants something; he doesn’t stop until he gets what he wants. It doesn’t matter whom he hurts or runs over along the way. He always gets what he wants. Jacob started to hope that Dewayne is wrong about Jason being a closet gay.

Dewayne walked out to see where Jacob is at. He called out to Jacob when he didn’t see him anywhere. Jacob walked around the pile of wood and walked up to Dewayne. Jacob promised himself right then and there that he won’t allow anything to come between him and Dewayne. He loves Dewayne way too much for that to happen.

Jacob met Dewayne halfway to the back door. They looked into each others eyes as they leaned into a kiss. Jacob held onto Dewayne tight as they walked into the house together knowing that this is his soul mate for life.

TO BE CONTINUED…………………..

WRITER’S CORNER:

{Wow man! In this chapter I threw in an oldie but a goody from Jacob’s past! Before I get there welcome back everyone. I am glad that you guys came back for another great chapter of Jacob Finding His Way.

I let you guys in on a lot in this chapter. One of the plots I wrote in this chapter I had not planned to do so, but a reader wrote me about it. In chapter 22 of Shadow of My Father, I gave away a plot in this story and I completely forgot about that. The reader pointed out to me that in that chapter I wrote a conversation between Colonel May and Daniel Sr. on why Major Moore is the way he is. He asked why I haven’t explained it in this story.

Well I wrote it in this chapter and I hope I answered it. We all now know why Major Moore is the way he is. He has terminal cancer and is living on borrowed time. He doesn’t want to retire and live out the remainder of his life with his wife and kids. He said it again in this chapter why. He feels if he retires he will die. This program is what is keeping him alive in his mind.

In real life this instructor did die of cancer three years after I graduated from high school. None of us knew he had cancer. None of us knew that he was sick. At times he was a dick, but at times he was a gentle person. I am trying to portray that gentle side of him now. I looked up to him and he was taken way too soon. Major Moore I hope you are resting in peace and did enjoy your life here on earth.

We found that the XO is the one that called the Battalion Staff together without letting Jacob know. She has lost her position because of that. Jacob doesn’t like doing the bad part of his position but I agree with Major Moore, it comes with the job.

Loraine isn’t going to go away quietly. We saw that in this chapter. She wants to hurt Jacob because of what she has done. Do you all think that Jacob is going to get hurt from Loraine? Or do you think Loraine is going to drop it after she cools down?

I really like the character I have created in Dewayne. He is just right for Jacob. This guy is strong and independent. Continues to show that he isn’t with Jacob for his money, but because he truly loves him. I like it when Dewayne felt so good when he paid for the entire bedroom set. Jacob tries so hard to let Dewayne be a man that helps support their lives.

Franseca is trying to look out for Jacob. She took time out and spoke with Jacob on Friday night. I agree with her one hundred percent. Jacob needs to be a teenager. There is plenty of time for him to be grown up when he should be a grown up. Right now he needs to enjoy his teenage years. They go by far too damn fast if you ask me.

Now to my twist in the story! Who remembers Jason from the first couple of chapters of Jacob? Once Jacob moved away from central, we all thought that he left those guys behind. I have said so many times not to get used to things being easy for Jacob. I always think of something that will throw the story into a tail spin.

Jason re-appeared and is out for blood. Do you guys think Dewayne has hit the nail on the head with Jason? Is he a closet case gay and likes Jacob? Or do you think he is just out to destroy anyone that is happier than he is? Jason is totally different than the kid that liked to play basketball, get drunk and let whoever is around suck his dick. The answers to these questions will be answered in the chapters to come.

Finally one last thought on the chapter. I have Alex and Matt in this story as well. Plots are open with them, but will continue in their story. So if you have not read “Beneath the Mask”, you will need to start now or you will be lost. A lot of the plots that are open in this story about them won’t continue in this story.

As always I can go on and on about the open plots in the story! If I do that, I can actually write several more chapters. There are so many plots that can take a turn at anytime. You might think it is going to go one way, but is lands up going another. Don’t miss out on anything, or you will be kicking yourself for it.

I keep saying over and over again don’t forget about Chase. He will be spending time between two of my stories. I am giving that away, but look for him in “Beneath the Mask”. He is going to come back full and what is happening in his life will stun you.

There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Stick around and keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}

EDITOR’S CORNER:

 

AH HA ! Jason~!~ I often wondered what happened to him and now we know. What in interesting twist and so true to real life. It’s strange how someone from one’s past can just appear out of nowhere. I’ve had it happen in my life, sometimes as much as three decades later when someone pops back into my life. I’m glad to say that those that have done so have been welcomed reunions. I’m not so sure that Jason is going to not cause some trouble. I’m not worried about Jacob and Dewayne…they are solid and they have already spoken about Jason. Dewayne is aware and will be on his guard. This time, should Jacob get in a tight situation, he has a boyfriend that will deal with the trouble head on!

Martha seems to be a force to be reckoned with! She had no problem in letting Al know that his HR plan went too far and that it was a deal breaker for her. She’s got the strength to do the VP of Operations job once she gets her foot in the door. It looks like she will help Al and Jacob keep the business on the right track.

Dear, sweet, loving, caring Franseca! She loves Jacob as another son. Her quiet counsel and the occasional maternal hug feed Jacob on a level that he hasn’t known even know there was a hunger. Franseca also found out more about Jacob’s relationship with his mother. She respects and admires Jacob for his high moral standards and his wisdom and insight into the complex dynamics involved with his mother.

I predict that Loraine will cause trouble, albeit briefly. Jacob has matured and has gained a strength that will serve him well when the trouble comes about. Loraine just might get carried away with her revenge plot to get in deep enough trouble to find she’s out of the school she’s in and having to complete her education in a special school for troubled students and trouble makers.

Major Moore has been a prick toward Jacob on many past occasions. We now get a glimpse into what makes the man tick and realize that, as is often the case in real life, people react to reasons and circumstances we might not be privy to. Jacob knows there’s more to Major Moore’s story than a “flu bug”. Jacob will get it put together in pretty short order.

If you are like me, you wait anxiously for the next chapter of each of Jacob’s stories. Don’t forget to write and let both Jacob and I hear your thoughts and reactions to the stories.

Until next time,

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I like Martha she knows her stuff and is respectful to Al but won't be pushed around. She will be perfect for the VIP position. Francesco is a sweetie and gives Jake that little bit special warmth he doesn't get from anyone else. Jason is a putz what can I say lol.

Link to comment

You know I thought Jacob was overreacting about feeling like the guys were pulling away but I don’t like the revealation that none of the guys, including Joey, ever planned a birthday party for him. I mean he may have told them not to but he doesn’t give any indication of that. It reminds about how it wasn’t just Joey but none of the guys helped him when his mom showed up even when she was violent, it reminds me how when Greg initially showed up at his house Jacob. looked at the guys and noted they wouldn’t be any help like usual, etc... They could have helped stand up to his mother at various times and if the guys had forcefully escorted Greg out Jacob might not have gotten violent with him. His friends seem fickle sometimes especially the time they sided with Joey giving Jacob the silent treatment despite saying that Jacob was in the right. 

 

Jason is worrisome. Jacob never takes a break and I hate how stubborn he is about his health. He’s doesn’t want to die yet he’s often making a suicidal choice when it comes to medical treatment.

Edited by NimirRaj
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..