Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 48. Chapter 48

Jacob woke up the next morning before Dewayne, so he just sat on the chair watching Dewayne sleep. Still Jacob can’t understand what Dewayne sees in him. He is a year older than Jacob, and he loves Jacob.

Dewayne turned over to his side and opened his eyes. As he focused, he sees that Jacob is just sitting there watching him sleep. He stretched his arms out and smiled at Jacob. Dewayne pulled himself out of bed and walked over to Jacob. He knelt between his legs as he grabbed Jacob’s hands in his.

“You look worried about something Jacob. I know there is a lot on your mind and you want to deal with it yourself. I only wish that you would let me in. I want to help you when I see you hurting or worried. No matter what has happened to you in the past, I will never hurt you. I am here to stay as long as you want me.”

Jacob didn’t say word; he just pulled Dewayne’s hands up to his lips and kissed them. Jacob let go of Dewayne’s hands and leaned down till he reached Dewayne’s lips. They started kissing each other. They don’t care that they just woke up and haven’t got rid of their morning breath. They just want to be with each other.

They headed to the bathroom to take a shower. They decided to take a shower together in order to save time. Just like the last time, they jumped in and cleaned each other, spending extra time and paying special attention to their lower regions.

Both of them want to be with each other, but neither of them knowing that the other wants the same thing. So they finished up in the shower, dried each other off and headed back into the room naked. They stood in the middle of the room looking at each other, trying to memorize every inch of each others bodies.

Dewayne went over to the bag he brought with his clothes. Jacob felt bad that Dewayne is pretty much living out of a bag while he is here. There are empty drawers and plenty of room in the closet where Dewayne could put his stuff in. Jacob walked over to Dewayne and wrapped his arms around him as he started whispering into his ear.

“You need to keep several sets of clothes here. I know you live just downstairs, but I don’t want everyone seeing what a hot guy you are. So I don’t want to hear any objections from you. Please bring up some clothes and put them in the closet and drawers that are empty.”

Dewayne rubbed Jacob’s hands as they stood there. “I won’t argue with you. Before the day is over, I will bring some of my clothes up here. I just love it when other’s look at me the way you do!”

Dewayne turned around quickly and started tickling Jacob. They landed on the bed with Dewayne on top of Jacob. Jacob looked up at Dewayne with a star struck look on his face. Jacob is falling for Dewayne so hard; he can’t hide it any longer.

As Dewayne leaned in and started kissing Jacob, their naked bodies started to rub against each other. This is the fist time that these two are naked and in full sexual contact with each other. Both of them got hard quickly. Jacob’s hard cock is poking Dewayne in the lower stomach and Dewayne’s is doing the same thing to Jacob.

Both realized that if they don’t stop right now, they might not be able to stop themselves! So Dewayne got up from Jacob and helped Jacob up from the bed. They both got dressed, pushing their hard ons into their underwear, then their jeans.

As soon as they finished getting dressed, they headed downstairs to grab something to eat. Just as they got up to put their plates into the sink, the basement door opened and Chase, Alex, Matt, Tony and Alex's little brothers walked out. None of them really noticed Jacob and Dewayne as they walked to the front door.

Jacob walked into the hallway and started yelling out to the guys. “Hey guys wait! Where are you guys off to? Maybe Dewayne and I could join you guys?”

Chase and the others turned around to face Jacob. “I thought you were still asleep, and none of us wanted to disturb you. If you want to come, it is cool with us. We are not really going to do anything worthwhile. None of us actually has money to do anything.”

Jacob turned and waved Dewayne over. “Alex and Matt this is Dewayne, my boyfriend. Dewayne, this is Alex and Matt. They are good friends, and I know all of you guys will get along with each other.”

Everyone shook hands as they headed out the door. Since Jacob’s car is way too small to fit everybody, they decided to go on foot. Jacob started thinking as the others talked with each other that he needs to get a bigger car.

He interrupted everyone when it dawned on him what to do. “Look I love my car and I don't have any plans to get rid of it, but, and yes there's a but; I need to get a bigger car, so when there are more than four of us, I can pull out the bigger car.

So what I'm thinking is we should go to Mesa Ford and look at bigger cars and SUVs. I know they will make me a good deal because of my relationship with the owner. He is sponsoring some of the ROTC programs and the brigade.”

Everyone agreed with Jacob and started walking towards Mesa Ford. They all gave their opinion on what car Jacob should buy but the only one that Jacob wants approval from is his grandfather. If he doesn't get a car that his grandfather agrees that Jacob should get, he won’t buy it.

As they reached the car lot, Jacob walked over to the pay phone to call his grandfather. He explained to his grandfather what he's planning to do, and his grandfather agreed with Jacob. He also wants to go down and help Jacob get the best deal as possible. Before hanging up with his grandfather Jacob promised that he will wait until he gets there.

Jacob rejoined the others as they walked around looking at the bigger cars. They all agreed that the bigger cars are made for older people and not for Jacob. So they headed over to look at the bigger trucks and SUVs. Jacob walked away from the bigger trucks when they started looking at them because it reminds him of the truck he bought Joey.

Jacob started looking at the SUVs, but couldn’t believe the prices of them. They start from the strip down model twenty five thousand and on up. If he is going to spend that kind of money, Jacob wants everything in it. The SUV that has everything in it is almost as much as he paid for his house.

Just as Jacob walked away from the SUVs, a salesman walked up to him. Jacob waved him off as he spotted his grandfather walking towards him. Jacob walked to meet his grandfather halfway.

“Have you seen anything you like Jacob?” Al asked Jacob as they reached each other.

“I like a couple of the SUVs and trucks, but the prices grandpa. I do not feel right spending that kind of money on a vehicle. Some of them are actually more than my house was. Damn do they put gold in them or something to cost that much?”

Al started laughing seeing the look in Jacob’s face. Al patted Jacob on the shoulder as they walked back over to the trucks and SUVs. The same salesman walked over, but this time he went straight up to Al.

“Good morning sir, I see that you are interested in our trucks and SUVs. I can give you a good price on anything you see on the lot. We need to make room for the new models we have in the back already.”

“I am not the one you should be talking with. My grandson here is the one that is in the market to buy a new vehicle. We know the owner and that is why we decided to buy here. We know that he isn’t here, but can we talk with your manager.”

The salesman shook his head and walked off. Al walked around the trucks to see which ones actually fit Jacob. He saw a couple of them, but just like Jacob, he couldn’t believe the prices on them either.

“Jacob this truck here has everything, it sits six without a problem and we can install a cover over the bed of the truck that is removable. That way when it is cold you can put the cover on it and carry more people.”

“Yeah I like this truck and that SUV over there. Still grandpa, the prices on them are outrageous. I won’t pay for a truck that I paid for a house. These are Fords, why in the world are they so expense? I always thought Fords and Chevys were supposed to be for the poor and middle class people.”

Once again Al started laughing at what Jacob said. He can’t believe that Jacob has become so frugal with his money. This guy has enough money to last his entire life time. The way he isn’t willing to spend is showing Al how responsible he has become with his money compared to when he first got it.

The salesman returned with another gentle man. Right behind him walked up Mr. Dick, the owner of the dealership. Jacob walked past the salesman and manager right up to the owner. He reached out his hand as he started speaking.

“Mr. Dick, it is great to see you! I didn’t ask the salesman to get you; we just told him that we know you. You should be out enjoying these holidays.”

“Jacob my boy, I didn’t know you are the one out here. It is great to see you as well. I wanted to thank you in person for sending over the trophies you guys won. It is good that you are going to state. It looks like I know how to pick the winning horse every time.”

“Yes sir, we got another chance at taking it all. You helped us get here and I will make sure that we wear you logo wherever we go when we are not in uniform. I was wondering if you were ok with the Thanksgiving parade.”

“Yes Jacob, I loved the banner. Thank you, after Thanksgiving, we got more business at all my dealerships. A lot more than normal and when they were asked what brought them in; they answered the banner from the parade.

I see you are in the market for another car. Thank you for coming to my dealerships as promised. I will give you any vehicle on the lot at my cost. You are a good guy to have in my corner of friends.” Jacob actually got embarrassed when Mr. Dick said that. His grandfather had walked up as they talked.

“I have been hearing a rumor Jacob; please let me know if I have been lied to. Several people have told me that you have gone into business here. In fact you didn’t start out small; you went big by buying all the McDonalds here in town.”

Jacob looked over to his grandfather before answering. “My grandfather here and I bought out all the franchises here. We are now the proud owners of the McDonald’s franchise here in El Paso.”

“Wow that is a very good investment. We need to get together and do some kind of promotion together. That way it will drum up business for both parties. You aren’t planning to take over the sponsorships of the ROTC programs next year, are you?”

“Right now since I am still in high school and attending the program, my grandfather here is taking care of all that. Mr. Dick, this is my grandfather Alfred Serna, grandpa this Mr. Dick, the owner of this lot and many others here in El Paso.”

Both of the men shook hands and walked away as Jacob rejoined Dewayne and the others. They found a truck that Jacob just fell in love with. It is a huge truck, with double wheels in the rear, long bed, the cab looks like it fits more than six, and fully loaded. Jacob looked at the price and walked away.

“Jacob you have a nice eye. That truck was a special ordered by a soldier, but the soldier got thrown out of the military so the bank wouldn’t finance him. Because of it being a special order, I can’t send it back. I have to eat the cost of that thing.

I will make you a great deal on it if you want. I will use the fifteen thousand the soldier put down on it and lost. I will also go ahead and knock off another ten where I don’t eat the cost of the truck. I’d rather break even than loose it all.

I guarantee it is worth the value on the sticker, and I can promise you that no one will have a truck like that. This young guy put a lot of extras in the truck that it normally doesn’t come with. Knowing you Jacob, this truck matches you.”

Jacob thought to himself, the sticker price is forty five thousand, subtract everything that Mr. Dick is willing to give him; he will only pay twenty thousand for the truck. Jacob walked over to Mr. Dick and his grandfather.

“What do you think grandpa? It brings the truck down to……”

“Jacob this is your choice and I will never tell you one way or another. I know what you will be paying for it. It is a great deal and if I were you, I’d jump at it. Again though, it is your choice on the matter.”

“Mr. Dick, you have yourself a deal. When you told me that you would make me a deal, you weren’t kidding about it. That truck is everything I am looking for and then some. My car is great when it is only four, but lately it has been more than four.”

“Let’s go ahead in get out of the cold and complete this deal. I am sure that any bank will pick up the financing of this truck. It is worth over double the amount we are going to ask them to finance for you.”

“I won’t need a bank. My grandfather taught me that if I don’t have the money to buy it, then I don’t need it. I will be paying cash for the truck. Well not cash, I will be paying by check. No one carries that amount of money around.

Mr. Dick smiled hearing that Jacob is going to pay for the whole truck without the need of a bank. They walked in and completed the paper work. Since they both bank at the same bank, they called the bank and transferred the money from one account to the other.

As they did the paperwork, the truck got taken to the back to get detailed and ready for delivery. As Jacob, his grandfather and the guys walked out of the business office, the truck is ready for Jacob to take delivery of it.

As the salesman showed Jacob everything the truck has while Al and Mr. Dick stood back talking. Once Jacob, Dewayne and the others loaded up in the truck, Jacob said his good byes and thanks. He headed out with his grandfather behind on him.

Al went back to the office as Jacob and the others just drove around the city. Jacob felt good in the truck; he couldn’t stop thinking that Mr. Dick was right. Jacob does fit the truck. With all the gadgets and the size, it gives him everything he is looking for.

Everyone got along with each other as if they have known each other all their lives. No one would know that they are from different walks in life. Alex has let his hair grow out, which makes him a very handsome guy and he covered his tattoos with his long sleeve sweater. He blends in with Jacob and the others.

After driving around, grabbing something to eat and just talking about everything they could think about, they headed back home. As they turned on their street, Tom and David are right in front of them. Jacob decided to play a joke on them. He drove right up to them and started honking at them. He knows that bothers Tom.

As Jacob passed Tom, Tom stuck out his hand and flipped off Jacob and the guys. Jacob slowed down and let Tom pass him again. Tom drove up to the house and parked. Jacob drove right behind Tom and parked.

Jacob and the others looked through the back window of Tom’s car and started laughing their butts off. Tom and David wouldn’t move they just sat in the car not even talking with each other. Finally Jacob got down and walked up to the driver’s side.

Tom looked over at Jacob as he walked up. He turned red and started laughing getting out of the car. David got out and started cursing at the top of his lungs at Jacob and the others. The others got out of the truck and walked up pointing at them laughing.

“Man Jacob you scared the shit out of me! You know that I hate it when someone tail gates me like you did. Then you slowed down and let me pass you and you parked be hind me. I almost shit my pants thinking that I might have flipped off the wrong dude.

Where in the world did you get that truck Jacob? It is a nice fucking truck! Is it yours?”

Jacob couldn’t stop laughing at Tom and David. By this time David made his way around the truck and started hitting Jacob. Not hard, just hitting him for scaring him and Tom. Jacob got control of his laughter enough to answer Tom’s questions.

“Yeah I bought the truck earlier today. I got tired of not having room for everyone. My car is nice, but small. In order to take everyone, we need to go in a convoy. This way, we only have to take out one car.”

David and Tom walked up to the truck and got in. They just looked around it, pushing buttons to see what they all do. All you could hear from them two is cool over and over again. David and Tom crawled out of the truck letting Jacob get back in to move it by his car in the driveway where Joey used to park.

After dinner, Al asked Jacob to join him in the study. They walked in, neither of them sat behind on the desk. This is Jacob’s house, but they see each other as equals when it comes to talking about business. So they sat down in the chairs facing each other.

“Jacob I spoke with Ana this morning and asked her to come aboard a lot quicker then we originally planned. Dewayne is already in the system as a full time employee and will get his forty hours a week at Taco Bell.

I need her at the Mesa store as soon as possible. That store is a mess and I can’t have it being run by the supervisor. I really don’t think I am going to keep any of the supervisors to tell you the truth. They seem to be the core of our problems.

So many mistakes have been found by our attorneys and corporate. Both of them are demanding for us to let them go. Doing so is the only way we can keep ourselves from lawsuits in the future. There are several other changes from hiring a HR manager to work at the main office. We sealing the old records and starting new ones under our ownership;” Al concluded.

Jacob replied; “We discussed this as we were buying the restaurants. If we have to clean house, then we have to clean house. I don’t like taking someone’s living away, but I won’t lose this business for anyone either.”

“Great I just wanted to make sure that you are okay with it. I know it bothered you when you had to fire those two managers. Eventually you will get used to doing this and not let your heart get in the way. The meantime I will be here to get the dirty work done.”

“Grandpa I know this isn’t any of my business, but I am just wondering. What is going on with Tony? I moved Dewayne down there with him not thinking about the pending court appearances. I am sorry for doing that grandpa.”

“Don’t worry about that Jacob. It looks like I am going to become his foster parent. I am not asking for any money from the state and that is helping out a lot. I need to speak with Tony and have him move over into my home.

It is connected to your house and everything will stay the same. Just his room will be in my part of the house. That way when they come over and look at his living arrangements they will see that he has his own room.”

They both agreed not to do it for a couple of days. That way Tony wouldn’t think this talk was about him. Also they don’t want Tony to think that he is lesser than anyone else in the house, because he isn’t. Al just wants to make sure that the courts don’t turn them down on becoming foster parents.

Jacob joined the others down in the game room. He found them putting on the gear to play paint ball. Jacob walked over to see if there is any gear left over for him to put on and join them.

“Where are we going to play this at?” Jacob asked as he pulled over the vest.

“We figured just a friendly game in the back yard. There are plenty of places to hide behind since the wood and sheet rock is back there. Plus the pool where the cat fight was is going to be another good place to hide.”

Everyone started laughing thinking back to Christmas day when Jacob’s mother got into a fight with Alex’s mom. Jacob looked at Alex and started teasing him.

“You know that if and Matt didn’t separate those two, my mother would have eventually won. She doesn’t stand that tall, but she is one dirty fighter. Because of her willingness to fight dirty, she will win every time.”

“Your mother may fight dirty, but my mother doesn’t fight like a girl. She fights like a man. She doesn’t do this girly shit and pull hair, claw or bite. She goes right after the body and doesn’t stop until the person his down for the count.”

Both of the boys started play fighting around the room. Throwing jabs, but not hitting each other with the punch. As Jacob grabbed a hold of Alex’s neck, they started laughing as they hit the floor.

After playing several games of paintball, they headed back down to the game room. None of them had the strength to play anything else. They just sat down there talking. Dewayne pulled Jacob up in order to head off to bed. They said their goodnights as they left.

The next morning Jacob went into the office dropping Dewayne off at the Taco Bell to do his orientation. Jacob sat with his grandfather as he interviewed several candidates for the HR manager position. Not able to agree on a candidate, they called it a day.

On the way home, Jacob picked up Dewayne. As he drove up, he saw a smile on Dewayne’s face. Dewayne got into the car and kissed Jacob. After breaking the kiss, Jacob wanted to know what has gotten Dewayne so happy.

“Dewayne, I love it when you are happy like this, but I need to know why. When I dropped you off here a couple of hours ago, you were nervous. Now you have this grin on your face that makes me even happy.”

“I love everything in my life right now Jacob. I finally got a great boyfriend in my life. I have a job I know that I am going to enjoy. I am not afraid to go home to the ugly looks my parents always gave me. Instead I go home to you and the happiness in that house. Everything is just going good for me right now.”

Jacob leaned in and kissed Dewayne again. He put the car into gear and drove off. All the way to the house, Jacob and Dewayne held hands. Whenever the chance presented, they took it and kissed each other.

After dinner they just took it easy. They watched movies before heading upstairs. Jacob doesn’t want Dewayne to go down to the basement to sleep. He knows that eventually Dewayne is going to, but for now, Jacob is going to enjoy the nights he has with him.

“Hey I know you said your life is perfect right now, but I was thinking all evening. You have been out of high school for little over a half of a year. When I graduate next year, I plan to go to college. I am wondering what your plans are as far as that stuff.”

Jacob looked at Dewayne with a worried look in his face. He is falling for a guy that might not want to go down the same road Jacob is going. Jacob started to worry even more about it after hearing Dewayne this afternoon.

“You are the greatest thing that ever happened to me Jacob. I have been thinking the same thing. I decided to start taking several courses at community college next year. Just couple basics per semester that are going to be required anywhere I end up.

The only reason a couple is because I will be working still and I don’t want to take away from spending time with my hot boyfriend now I have found him.” Dewayne started laughing as Jacob started hitting him I the gut.

“Okay, okay let me get serious for a minute. When you graduate, I will have a few of my basics done. I am not the sharpest tool in the box and it takes me a little longer to learn things. I want to get ahead so when you get to that point, we can discuss it again.”

Although Jacob really didn’t get his answer from Dewayne that he wanted, he will leave the subject alone for right now. It seems to Jacob that Dewayne isn’t going to just settle working at a restaurant all his life. He wants more and he is not going to waste any time.

As they got undressed, Dewayne showed Jacob that he has moved some clothes upstairs into the empty drawers and closet. That made Jacob happy seeing that. They crawled into bed and went to sleep the minute Dewayne wrapped his arms around Jacob and their heads hit the pillows.

David and Tom on the other hand didn’t want to go to bed at a decent hour. All through the evening they couldn’t keep their hands off of each other. Once everyone started to head up to their rooms, they decided to go outside into the muddy pool and look up at the stars. During the winter months you can see the stars so clearly.

Once they got outside, headed to the pool and jumped down into it. Tom laid down one of the blankets he took out with him. Both David and Tom sat down and covered themselves with another blanket. They laid there on their backs looking up at the stars. Something in the air or just looking up to the stars got Tom and David even hornier.

They turned to each, with the light from the moon reflecting on each others face, they started kissing. As they pulled each others coats off, they felt the cold air hit them. Looking at each other they laughed and got up. Both at the same time rubbed their shoulders to try and get warm.

They picked up their jackets from the ground and quickly put them back on. Just as fast as they put on their jackets, they picked up the blankets and ran to the back door. As they walked in, they took off their shoes and left them at the door.

Tom ran up the stairs right behind David, grabbing at his butt. At one point Tom did get a hold of David’s belt loop, but David shook free. Trying to be as quite as possible, they ran into the room and shut the door behind them.

David got tackled by Tom right onto the bed. Tom looked down at David and started kissing him. Tom broke the kiss and helped David up from the bed. They stood in the middle of the room undressing each other.

Both undressed each other at the same time. They started by taking off their coats, shirts, belts and then their pants. Leaving them standing there in the middle of the room with just their underwear and socks on! They walked back to the bed; Tom gently lowered David down to the bed. This time Tom lay down beside David as they kissed.

Tom started moving his hand all over David's body. He couldn't get enough of feeling every inch of David's body. He felt the warmth of David's skin as his hands slid up and down David's chest and stomach.

Both of them know if either of them starts to lick or even touch their dicks, they would explode. Instead of going straight to David's dick, Tom decided to rim David instead. He put David’s legs over his shoulders and started rimming David’s butt hole.

As Tom stuck his tongue in and out of David's hole, David started moaning. His moans are getting so loud; he reached out for a pillow. He put the pillow over his face in order to muffle the moans. They don’t want the entire house to know that they are having sex.

Tom looked between David's legs and noticed that David is making quite a bit of pre-cum. He put down to David's legs and went up to start kissing David. Tom started kissing David’s neck, making his way up to David’s ear. Tom started to whisper into David’s ear.

“I want your cock inside me so bad right now; I can’t wait another moment. Please David; I need to feel you inside me.”

Tom walked to the middle of the bedroom and got down to his hands and knees. David walked behind him. Using the gel that he pulled out he squirted some on Tom's butt hole and someone his dick. Once he felt that both of them were lubed up enough, David pressed the head of his dick to Tom's butt.

Without warning, David pushed his dick all the way into Tom. Tom clutched his teeth down tight, in order not to yell and wake up the whole house. David lay down onto Tom's back and started kissing the back of his neck.

He started at the same time fucking Tom. They have talked about having sex doggy style, but never did until now. They are both in the moment and loving every bit of it. This is the roughest sex, they have had!

As David fucked Tom’s butt, he pulled Tom’s head back. Placing several fingers into Tom's mouth for him to suck on, David started pounding even harder into Tom. Every time that David hit Tom's prostate it drove Tom up the wall.

David looked up to the ceiling of his bedroom, feeling as if he is floating. David removed his fingers from Tom’s mouth and pulled Tom against him. He started readjusting himself without letting his dick slip out of Tom’s butt.

Now David is sitting down on the floor and Tom is riding him. David wrapped his hands around Tom’s chest and pulled him into him. At the same time, David kissed up and down Tom’s back. Making sure he got every inch of bare flesh he can reach. He wanted to be inside Tom as much as Tom wanted David to be inside of him.

Tom continued to ride David, going faster and faster. They both started moaning at the same time. The moans started to get louder until Tom started to feel a tingle going up and down his body. He knows that he is getting close to his climax, so he slowed down but it was too late; Tom already passed the no return point. “David I love you man, I love you. You make me feel feelings that I have never felt before in my life when we are together. I am about to cum, I am…….”

Neither of them even touched Tom's dick, but that didn't matter. Tom started shooting his seed all over the floor. As Tom shot his load on the floor, he clenched his but cheeks tight around David’s dick, causing David to hit his climax.

David pulled out his dick from Tom’s butt as Tom fell to the floor right beside David. David started shooting his load onto Tom's stomach, chest and face as he stood over him. As soon as David finished shooting his last bit of cum, he fell on top of Tom.

Tom brushed his hands through David's hair as he rested on his chest. Neither of them had enough strength to say a word to one another. They couldn't believe the high they got as they had sex this time.

In past they loved they way they made love to each other, but this time. They took it to a higher level than ever before. They didn’t get too rough with each other, but just enough to make them feel something they have never felt before. This was a new level of passion they discovered. Now they know they can have this kind of sex without crossing over the line with each other.

David turned to Tom to see if he is still awake. He wants Tom to feel what he just felt. He wants Tom to be inside him just like David was inside Tom. But Tom had his eyes closed and softly snoring. David decided he will wait until tomorrow.

David got up and gently shook Tom awake. Both of them crawled into bed together. Tom went right back to sleep the minute he crawled into the bed. David made sure they are both covered with a blanket, before cuddling up to Tom and falling asleep himself.

Jacob woke up early again, and didn’t want to disturb Dewayne. Just like the mornings before, he got out of bed and sat down in the chair facing the bed. Jacob figured that he couldn’t sleep, he will do the next best thing and that is to watch Dewayne sleep.

Although he doesn’t uncover Dewayne, he loves looking at his face. He loves looking at Dewayne because in Jacob’s eyes, he glows. Jacob can’t get enough of every feature in Dewayne’s face. He is your typical hot Hispanic. From his head to his toes, Jacob can’t stop looking at this guy.

The thing that Jacob loves the most about Dewayne is when he smiles. He just loves when Dewayne smiles because it brightens any room they are in. He shows off his beautiful white teeth that Jacob can’t get enough of or talk about. Dewayne’s smile goes into these half dimples and his eyes brighten up even more as well.

Jacob got up from the chair and crawled back in bed with Dewayne. As he cuddled up against him, Jacob couldn’t help but caress Dewayne’s face. He started running his finger around Dewayne’s forehead, moving down to the tip of his nose, to his cheeks and then finished with caressing Dewayne’s lips.

“I would love it if you would place your lips on mine. I love it when I can feel you lips and breathe in your scent.” Dewayne spoke without opening his eyes.

Jacob didn’t know that Dewayne woke up so when he spoke, it spooked Jacob. Dewayne opened his eyes and smiled at Jacob. Jacob totally melted when Dewayne smiled at him. He slowly moved close to Dewayne and started kissing him.

“You know I love it when you smile Dewayne. You make me tingle all over when you smile. I really can’t do it justice when I try to explain it to you, but I love it. You are so hot; I can’t believe I have you. I can’t believe that you actually like me.”

Dewayne sat up looking angry with what Jacob just said. He looked over at Jacob trying to put his words together. He doesn’t want to say something that he can’t take back. Once he got his thoughts together, he spoke looking straight ahead.

“Jacob I can’t say it any other way than I have already told you. I know you went through a rough break up and I am not going to rehash that again. I truly do love you Jacob and there should never be a question why. You need to get through this period in your life and you will see why I love you.

I find myself lucky that you are giving me a chance. I never thought you would give me the time of day, but you have. We are building a very good relationship because we are taking our time. We are going to pass the test of time unlike what had happened with your last relationship. Jacob, I know Joey hurt you very, very deeply. Please focus on this; I am not Joey. I won’t hurt you. I love you with all my heart and soul. Please let my love for you shine without being in the shadow Joey’s actions have cast. Let me love you on my own merits. Give me that chance, please. It’s unfair to both of us to allow Joey to keep us from loving each other completely.”

Jacob moved behind Dewayne and pulled him between his legs until his back rested on Jacob’s chest. Jacob started to rub Dewayne’s shoulders before making his way down to his chest. Jacob looked at himself and Dewayne in the mirror on the dresser. Dewayne didn’t fight Jacob; in fact as he rested against Jacob, he closed his eyes.

They sat there together like that for a while before getting out of bed. They threw on running pants, t-shirt and shocks before heading downstairs. As they reached the kitchen, they found that they are the only ones in the house.

Tom and David took Alex and Matt over to the retirement center where they are doing their community service hours. Lorenzo and Ismail went with Jacob’s grandparents and Franseca to the grocery store to get a few things. This left Jake and Dewayne to fend for themselves to get their own for breakfast.

“I guess everyone has gone out. I don’t plan to cook anything, so let’s get dressed and head out to get some breakfast.”

Dewayne didn’t object to Jacob. Dewayne headed down to the apartment downstairs to get dressed while Jacob headed up to his room to get dressed. They met at the front door at the same time as if they had timed it.

Jacob took one look at Dewayne and became aroused immediately. Jacob just can’t get used to how good Dewayne looks in jeans. It is as if he gets them made special to fit his body. Jacob just wanted to throw Dewayne on the floor right there and have hot passionate sex with him.

Right as they started their way out, the phone rang. At first Jacob didn’t want to answer it, but he got a weird feeling in his gut that this is a call he needs to take. He walked back in and answered the phone.

Dewayne looked at Jacob from the front door. Jacob mumbled the name and just said yes, no or are you sure. He went from smiling to a frown. He thanked who ever is on the other line and hung up the phone. Jacob looked at Dewayne and smiled at him as he walked towards the front door. Dewayne felt something is wrong, but didn’t ask. Instead they headed towards the cars in the driveway.

Jacob unlocked the truck and got in. He looked around to see where Dewayne made off to and saw him waiting at the car. Jacob honked the horn and waved Dewayne over. Dewayne ran up to the truck, climbed in laughing at himself.

“I need to get used to you having this monster. I hate to agree with an old man like the owner of the car lot, but I will. You look great in this truck Jacob. It fits your type more than your car.”

“Thank you Dewayne, I like the truck more and more every day. I had planned to wait until later to tell you this, but now is as good as time as ever to tell you. I know you are going to say no, but please, hear me out before you say anything.

Your work isn’t close to the house. You need to take a bus to get to work, and I don’t want you to do that. Since I am out of school right now, I can drive you and pick you up from work, but I know you don’t want that. Plus you are planning in the fall to start taking a couple of classes at community. So you are going to need some kind of transportation to get where you are going.

What I am trying to say is, what’s mine is yours. I want you to use the car to get to work and to college or wherever else you need to go. I don’t want to worry about you every day using the public transportation. You are my boyfriend and I want you safe.”

Just as Jacob finished talking, they drove into the parking lot of Denny’s. Dewayne couldn’t respond to what Jacob just said. He just nodded his head as he leaned in to kiss Jacob before they go in to eat breakfast.

They didn’t talk about anything serious during breakfast. In fact they teased each other more than anything else. Also the entire time they crossed their feet under the table. They couldn’t hold hands or show any other kind of emotion to each other than that.

After breakfast they headed out to the movies. Unplanned, they sat through several movies before going home. Jacob and Dewayne wanted to spend time with each other without anyone disturbing them. Again they couldn’t do what they wanted in public, but while the lights were off, they held hands through the entire movie.

They didn’t walk back in the doors of the house until a little after four. When they got home, everyone else had been waiting on them. They just looked at Jacob and Dewayne as they walked through the door of kitchen. All were wondering where they had been all day and why didn’t they invite them to go.

“Where have you been all day Jacob?” Gloria asked the question everyone is thinking.

“Look, I woke up this morning and found no one here. So Dewayne and I went out to get something to eat and just hung around. Really it isn’t anyone’s business other than that. None of you told us where you went and I didn’t ask. So don’t ask me to report all my moves to you.”

Everyone looked shocked at the way Jacob jumped down his mother’s throat. It doesn’t look like Jacob liked to report in and they didn’t mean it to come across like that. They turned and minded their own business.

“Jacob you mother didn’t mean anything by what she asked. She was just worried about you and Dewayne. We got here and no one knew where you were. They got home and didn’t even find a note from you. We just got worried and that is all.”

Jacob didn’t answer his father. He walked out of the kitchen and out of the house. He jumped into his truck and took off leaving Dewayne and the others just sitting there. They all just looked at Dewayne for answers.

“He was happy until he walked in here. None of you said ‘hello’ before asking ‘where were you’. I am the new one here, so forgive me. I don’t know why he acted the way he did, but I also know he is a teen going through a rough patch. You all seem to have forgotten that.”

Al got up from the table and walked out of the kitchen followed by his wife. He popped his head back in waved Dewayne to follow him. They walked over to his study on the other side of the house. This is the first time that Dewayne has seen this side of the house. He and Al walked in and took a seat.

“Should I be worried about Jacob? He seemed to have bounced back way to fast from what had happened to him. I just thought it is Jacob being Jacob. He is a very strong kid, but I know he is hiding something. He never jumps down anyone’s throat like that.”

“Sir, I don’t know what to tell you. We woke up and headed down for breakfast and didn’t find anyone here. So Jacob and I got dressed and headed out. We laughed and had a lot of fun together today. We watched several movies and then came back home.”

“Think Dewayne, it could be something simple that set him off. He saw someone, something got told to him or something brought back memories. Something that he doesn’t want to bother you or anyone else about. Jacob is a hard headed person and he likes to take care of things on his own.”

Dewayne sat back into his chair and looked over the day. Nothing jumped out at him. They had fun with each other all day long. He turned and told Al that and got up to head to his room and then he remembered something. He turned around as Al started to get up.

“Sir I just remembered something and at the time I thought something was wrong, but just dropped it. As we were leaving this morning, the phone rang. Jacob came back in and answered the phone. Whoever was on the other end wasn’t delivering him good news.”

“Why do you say that Dewayne?”

“Jacob walked over to the phone with a smile but almost right into the phone call he looked sad and worried. He would only say ‘yes’, ‘no’ or ‘are you sure?’. He hung up and tried to play it off, but I felt Jacob got bad news.”

“Thank you for talking with me Dewayne. Please keep this talk between me and you for now. I need to see who called him. I really hope Joey or his family didn’t reach out to him for help. Jacob might not have the strength to say no to him.”

Al and Dewayne walked out of the study. Dewayne headed to his room as Al checked the caller ID. He found it had been cleared, so he went over to the kitchen to check the caller ID there. That caller ID was not cleared. Al went through the calls and a name jumped out at him. He wrote down the number and cleared the caller ID.

Al walked back to the study and sat down looking at the number. He didn’t want to call the number because knows what the news is. He turned around in his seat and picked up the phone. He dialed the number and waited to hear the voice he doesn’t want to hear.

“Hello Dr. Whitmore, this is Alfred Serna, Jacob Hernandez’s grandfather. I understand you called this morning and spoke with Jacob. I am just wondering what the conversation was all about between you two this morning.”

“Good evening Mr. Serna, yes I spoke with Jacob this morning. When I left the office yesterday, I took home work to do over the weekend. Update records with test results that I got earlier that day. When I came across Jacob’s, I needed to call him. I have gotten so close to him I needed to get with him right away. But as far as what the test results are Mr. Serna, you need to speak with Jacob on that.”

“No I agree with you on that, but Jacob has me listed on all of his paper work that you can give me any information. I am just worried about my grandson. I know whatever you told him this morning wasn’t any good news.”

Al heard Dr. Whitmore going through the folder. “You are right, I am sorry about that. I am used to Jacob being on his own on things like this. Anyways, as you know I test Jacob’s blood count every time he comes in.

Jacob told me that he has a pain in his gut that his pain pills are not getting rid of. He thought this pain is being caused because of worries, but I didn’t want to take any chances. So I ran extra test to be on the safe side. I just got them in and I don’t like what I am seeing with these tests.

Several things from his blood count, blood pressure to his pain he described to me has me very worried. I want to see him on Monday at the hospital, but he said ‘no’. He doesn’t want to go back into the hospital again.”

“Dr. Whitmore has his cancer returned?”

“Mr. Serna without the other test I want to run I can’t say one way or another. Every thing I am seeing is indicating that that is a possibility. Still I won’t know until I run a battery of tests on Jacob. Those tests can only be done at the hospital.”

“Thank you for letting me know. I will sit down with Jacob and get him to go in for the tests. He is my grandson and I will do whatever it takes to keep him on this earth Dr. Whitmore.”

“Mr. Serna you need to understand it needs to be his decision to come in. If he is forced and if my concerns are right he will go through a lot more than he did the last time. He needs to be ready for that, not be forced to deal with it.”

Al agreed with Dr. Whitmore and hung up the phone. He got up from the desk and couldn’t think straight. Why does Jacob want to keep this a secret? He needs his family to get him through this.

He walked over to kitchen and sat down for dinner. Everyone talked and played around with each other at the table. They had no idea that something more than Jacob acting out is going on with him right now.

Several times Dewayne looked over to Al and knew that he found out what the phone call was all about. Now Dewayne is worried because Al wouldn’t even touch the food on his plate. He pushed it away as he walked out of the kitchen.

Jacob walked in after everyone had eaten and made their way to the TV room. Al walked out to see Jacob walking in. He called out for Jacob to speak with him in private. They walked into the study not saying a word to each other. As they sat down, Jacob spoke.

“I am very sorry for acting the way I did earlier. I know I need to go and apologize to my mother and father. Before I go to bed, I will apologize to them.”

“Forget that for right now Jacob. You do need to apologize to them, but let’s talk about the phone call you got this morning. I looked at the caller ID in the kitchen and called Dr. Whitmore after you left. He told me what he told you this morning.”

Jacob mentally kicked himself for not clearing that caller ID before leaving. “I have no plans for going back into the hospital for any test. The only reason I have this pain is because I am tired and worried, that is all. I am not sick again grandpa, I am not sick.”

“Wait a minute Jacob; I am not saying that you are. You just need to make sure that the pain you have is only caused by stress. I know that you have had a lot of that lately Jacob, let’s just be for sure that is what is going on with you.”

Jacob got up to walk out of the study when his grandfather grabbed him. Jacob turned to look at his grandfather and just broke down. He started crying in his grandfather’s arms. He started mumbled to his grandfather through his tears.

“I am tired of being sick grandpa; I am so tired. If I go back in the hospital I am afraid that I am not going to come out this time. I don’t want to be sick anymore grandpa, I don’t. I am not going back into the hospital and no one can make me. If it is my time, then so be it. I don’t want to spend my last days unable to be with my family and Dewayne.”

Jacob broke free and wiped his face as he walked out of the study. He headed upstairs to his room. He shut the door and locked it. Dewayne ran up after Jacob, but Jacob wouldn’t let him into the room. Dewayne went back downstairs to see what is going on.

Al walked out of the study not knowing what to do. He knows one thing is for sure, Jacob needs to go in and get the tests. He can’t do it alone and his family needs to be here to help him along the way.

As Al walked over to the TV room, he couldn’t hide it any longer. He couldn’t hide the fact they saw Jacob get mad earlier and what just happened. Everyone looked at Al as he walked in wanting to know what is going on.

Al stood at the door and looked at everyone. Dewayne walked in looking at Al wanting answers from him. Al looked across the room into everyone’s face. From his friends to his family they all looked very worried. He cleared his throat before he spoke.

“I am going to tell you guys something because I need your help. When I tell you that I need your help doesn’t mean after I finish talking here that you all rush up to Jacob’s room. After hearing me out, I will tell you what we need to do.

Jacob got a phone call from Dr. Whitmore this morning. As you all know Jacob goes and does a monthly check up with him. Jacob told Dr. Whitmore about a new pain that he hasn’t had before. It got Dr. Whitmore worried so he ran more tests than normal.

He got the results it they are pointing to Jacob being sick again. He asked Jacob to see him at the hospital on Monday to run a battery of tests to get the answers one way or another. But Jacob is refusing to go. He told me that he doesn’t want to be sick and he isn’t sick. He thinks it’s stress and I hope that is what it is.

Dr. Whitmore told me that it has to be his choice to do this. He can’t be forced because if his cancer returned, this time it is going to worse than before. He needs to want to get better and get through this.

So what I need you guys to do is be here for him. He knows that I know and that more than likely I am going to tell you guys what is going on. If he mentions it to you, talk with him; don’t go any further than he is willing to go. Support him and hopefully he will decide to take the tests. If he talks to you, do more listening than talking.”

The room went dead quiet after Al finished talking. They all thought Jacob was venting, they never thought he is going through this again. Everyone looked at each other trying to see if figure out what to do next.

Dewayne walked out and headed back up the stairs. He started banging on the door of Jacob’s room to let him. Jacob got up and unlocked the door. Dewayne walked in to see Jacob walking back to the bed. He didn’t say anything to Jacob, he just followed him.

They sat down on the bed together not saying a word. All of a sudden Jacob started crying again. Dewayne grabbed him and held him tight. He didn’t say a word to Jacob, he just held Jacob in his arms.

Jacob cried himself to sleep in Dewayne’s arms. Dewayne slipped his arms under Jacob’s legs and picked him up. He laid him down on the bed and undressed him. Dewayne got undressed before getting into bed with Jacob. He pulled the covers over them. He wrapped his arms around Jacob under the covers and pulled him into him.

“Whenever you are ready to talk Jacob I am here for you. No matter what the tests show, we are going to get through this together. I am not going to lose you now that I have you. Trust me Jacob; you are going to beat this.” Dewayne whispered into Jacob’s ear as he brushed his hand through Jacob’s hair.

The next morning Jacob and Dewayne headed down for breakfast with the others. As they walked into the kitchen, everyone just looked at Jacob as he sat down, but no one said a word to him. They went back to what they were chatting before Jacob walked in.

All day everyone tippy toed around Jacob, because they didn’t want to say the wrong thing that might anger Jacob. His mother and father arrived mid-day surprising everyone.

As the day went on, everyone noticed that Jacob is acting the same. It’s as if he was not given the bad news that he received the day before. They hung around the house in the morning and then went to the mall to full around in the afternoon.

They had to get home early to allow Alex and Matt time to pack. They have to go back to the detention facility the next morning. Pretty much after dinner, everyone went their own direction in the house.

Andy Sr. and Gloria stayed late talking with Al about Jacob. By the time they called it a night; they were no closer on figuring out how to get Jacob to go to the hospital. When they left they felt worse than they felt when they started talking about it.

Jacob woke up and got ready as quietly as possible. He wants Dewayne to get a couple more hours of sleep before heading into work. After he got ready, Jacob leaned in and gave Dewayne a kiss before walking out of the room.

As soon as he got downstairs, he found Alex, Matt, Franseca and Alex’s brothers waiting for him. They said their good mornings as they headed out the door. Jacob left the car keys for Dewayne and he took the truck keys.

They drove to the juvenile detention facility talking about how it sucked being locked up for the New Years. Jacob parked and waited in the truck for Franseca and Alex’s brothers to come back. He figured it was right to give them some privacy to say their good byes to Alex and Matt.

About ten minutes later, Alex, Matt and the others walked out of the building. Jacob got down from the truck to see what is going on. Why are they coming out with their suitcases and bags when they are supposed to report back in today? Before Jacob could ask what is on his mind, Alex spoke up.

“You are not going to believe this Jacob! We screwed up the days. We are not supposed to come back until Wednesday morning, not this morning!” Alex said raising his hand for a high five.

They all got back into the truck laughing about the screw up they all made. On their way back, they stopped and grabbed some breakfast. Before sitting, Jacob called the house to see if anyone else wanted to join them. Al answered and went to ask, when he came back, he said everyone wanted to join them.

Twenty minutes later, the clan walked in and joined Jacob. Even Dewayne came along to have breakfast with them before going to work. They joked at first and than started talking about what they are going to do for New Years. They all agreed to be at the house together and ring in the New Years this evening.

As they finished eating, Jacob got up and patted Dewayne on the shoulders. They head to the bathroom to be alone. The minute the door shut, Jacob and Dewayne started to kiss, unable to keep their hands off of each other.

“I am going to be able to ring in the New Year with a great boyfriend. I can’t wait until you get home.” Jacob whispered to Dewayne as they looked at each other.

“I would call in sick if it was not my first day of work. But you know it is not right of me to do that. Trust me when I say that I will be looking at the clock every second wishing that I am at home with you.”

They kissed each other one more time before heading out. Jacob wanted to pay, but Al took care of the bill when he was in the bathroom with Dewayne. Jacob and Dewayne walked out of the restaurant wanting to hold hands, but they just touched fingers. Jacob walked Dewayne to the car. Once Dewayne started it, Jacob leaned in and gave Dewayne one last kiss before he drove off.

After getting everything they needed to ring in the New Years, they headed back to the house. They figured to laze around because they are going to be up late into the night and into early morning. They want to be wide awake to ring in the New Year.

Jacob noticed when he turned onto his street several cars are parked on the street near his house. He parked his truck, and everyone started to get out. Jacob got down and instantly recognized one of the guys while he was still getting down from the truck.

Al parked his car in his driveway and walked over to Jacob. As he walked over, he noticed the worried look on Jacob’s face. This is the main thing that worries Al; Jacob worries about way too many things for his young age. That is why he keeps getting himself sick. He worries about everyone else.

Jacob and his grandfather met Mr. Anderson halfway up the side walk. “Jacob and Mr. Serna, I am very sorry to disturb you today. I got called in to deal with this. I decided to come straight over here and see if we can figure something out. Is there somewhere we can talk in private? I will need Alejandro and Matthew present with their parents.”

Jacob looked at his grandfather as he answered Mr. Anderson. “Why don’t we go on in and talk in the study. No one will bother us there.”

As they walked in, Jacob saw Alex behind him and waved Alex to follow. He also asked Matt and Franseca to join them. They walked straight into the study and closed the door. They didn’t come out for almost two hours. Once they did, Alex and Matt had huge smiles on their faces.

Mr. Anderson shook Al, Jacob and Franseca’s hands and left along with the others that came with him. They all headed down to the basement, acting as if nothing happened. One thing is for sure; whatever happened is obviously good news, not bad.

Dewayne walked into the house right in time for dinner. They all sat down to eat dinner in the dinning room instead of the kitchen. They needed the bigger table because Jacob’s entire family and Franseca’s family are there to ring in the New Year.

As soon as they finished eating, everyone pitched in to clean up the dinning room and kitchen. They didn’t want Franseca to be the only one cleaning up such a huge mess. As soon as every dish and spoon got cleaned and put away, they headed to the TV room.

Everyone sat with their significant other as they watched television. Every so often, Jacob would glance over to his mother and father. It looks like they are going to give it another try by the way they are acting tonight.

Jacob glanced over and looked toward Marie and Greg. They look like they are getting closer as well. Chase, Jeremy and Andy Jr. are the only ones without a significant other. Jacob decided to help out Chase to get another girlfriend just as long as she isn’t another Linda or Normal!

Jacob thought about the fact that this would be the last holiday they could plan on having Andy, Jr. with the family with his impending report date for his enlistment in the military.

Jeremy seems to be adapting well to larger gatherings of people. Nobody ignores him. Everyone consciously involves Jeremy whenever they can when he is around. Jacob feels that all the loving people that are in the house have helped Jeremy to come more out of his shell.

Ten minutes before midnight, Franseca, Gloria and Virginia got up to get the wine. They came back with several plates of snack foods and the wine. For the younger kids they brought soda for them to drink.

The count down to end the old year and ring in the New Year started. Once the ball on the television dropped, everyone grabbed their cups and toasted in the New Year. Al poured everyone another cup of wine and made a toast.

“For the first time in this family we have everyone together to ring in the New Year. This might be the last time for a while to have everyone together. Some of you are going to take different paths in your lives. I wish you all the best down your chosen path.

We all had a lot happen in our lives in the last year. We did big moves that we didn’t think we were going to do the year before. We all had life changing moments in our lives this last year. We haven’t allowed any of those changes to get us down. We picked ourselves up and moved on. We got stronger whenever we went through hard times.

Let’s all raise our cups and make a promise to one another. No matter what happens in the year to come, we will always be here for one another no matter what. No matter if you are going through a good part or a bad part in your life, we are here for each other. I love each and every one of you in this room and I know you all feel the same.”

They hit cups in the middle of the room and drank. They took turns hugging each other and wishing each other a Happy New Year. Once everyone did their round around the room, they sat back down and ate the snacks from the table.

By three, everyone started heading off to their own rooms. Jacob and Dewayne went up the stairs holding hands. They crawled into bed together wanting to do more than sleep, but decided it is best to not rush it. Dwayne wrapped his arms around Jacob and both of them fell to sleep in each others arms.

Jacob jolted awake with pain on his side. He crawled out of bed and walked over to the bathroom to take some pain pills. He tried to lie back down, but the pain wouldn’t go away so he decided to try to walk it off. Whenever the pain doesn’t go away with pain meds, it sometimes goes away when Jacob tries to walk it off.

After several hours of walking around, the pain didn’t go away. He sat down in the den that way he didn’t wake up Dewayne. Jacob lost all track of time when he heard the phone ringing. He grabbed it as quickly as possible. He didn’t want it to wake up anyone.

Jacob jumped up from the chair when he heard the other voice on the other end. He never thought he would hear from this guy again. Not the way he left things that is. Now here on the first day of the New Year he is calling.

“Hello, um, hello Jacob, this is Joey. Please do not hang up on me. I know I deserve that, but please do not hang up on me.” Joey just heard sniffling on the other line. “I am sorry for calling you, but I want to meet with you if that is possible. Also if possible, away from the house, with no one except you and me this morning!”

Jacob finally spoke. “Where do you want to meet at Joey?”

“I am thinking up Mesa Street at the Chevron gas station, in thirty minutes. If that is okay with you Jacob?”

“I will see you there in thirty minutes alone. You better be alone, because if you mother or uncle is with you, I will drive right by.” Jacob hanged up the phone on Joey.

Jacob walked up stairs and got dressed without disturbing Dewayne. He sat on the edge of the bed looking at Dewayne. He wants to be with Dewayne more now than ever. He also knows that he needs to get rid the ghost of Joey. Until that happens, he can never be completely happy with Dewayne.

He jumped into the car and drove over to the Chevron. He noticed a guy talking with Joey and then head over to the bench. Jacob figured it isn’t any of his business and drove up behind Joey’s truck. He got out and met Joey halfway between the two vehicles.

“Jacob thank you for meeting me. I know you and I know that your mind is telling you this isn’t a good idea. Thank you for ignoring that and still coming down.”

“Look, you called me to meet and I am here. What is it that you need or want? You left me over a month ago, and I haven’t heard a word from you. I am putting my life back together finally.”

Jacob started to cry as he choked out the last words. He tried not to show that Joey is still hurting him. That he really misses him, but he is moving on. It would have been better if Joey didn’t call or ever come around again.

Joey is torn wanting to grab a hold of Jacob and hold him. He wants to console the guy that he fell in love and hoped that he was going to spend the rest of his life with. But instead that was not in their cards.

“There is nothing I can say to you that will ever explain what I did. So I am not going to try and tell you what happened. Maybe, one day these emotions will no longer be there and we can talk. If that day ever comes, I will tell you everything that happened that made me make the decisions I made.

I just want you to know that I love you so much Jacob. I never fell out of love with you. Through the years I know that I hurt you so much. You always gave me the benefit of the doubt, no matter what was before you. I never deserved you, and I want you to know that Jacob. I never deserved you in my life.”

Jacob turned away from Joey and really started to cry. He started to think that he made the wrong decision on coming down here and meeting with Joey. He is barley moving on, and Joey is opening wounds that are not even closed yet.

“Please Jacob; I am not here to hurt you anymore than I have already. I just can’t keep going on without talking with you…..”

“Fuck you Joey, fuck you! You have always thought that everything and everyone is here for you. No matter what you do, you are the innocent one in everything. You were never the innocent one. In fact you were the one that caused everything, just like now. You kicked me to the side and walked off for no reason at all. Fuck you Joey, just fuck off!”

Jacob started to walk towards his car when Joey grabbed a hold of his shoulder. Jacob knocked off Joey’s hand and continued walking to his car. As Jacob got in and started to close his door, Joey grabbed a hold of the door.

“If you don’t move you fucking hand, I will close my door with it in it.” Jacob stuttered with tears rolling down his cheek.

“Jacob I am not here for me only. I know now that I was in the wrong on everything. After I came back from my parents’ in Phoenix, I made mistake after mistake with you. I should have never come between you and David. You two would have been a great couple together, but I loved you too much.

You will always be my first love Jacob! No matter who we get with in the future, you will always be the one I measure everyone against. Jacob, you will have my heart always. I know you can’t forgive me right now, but I hope, in the future, you be able to forgive me.

A day doesn’t go by that you are not on my mind. Every time I close my eyes Jacob, I can only think of you. I want you to know by leaving you that day, has put me in a prison; a prison that I have built and sentenced myself to.

I am just trying to make things right. I didn’t come down here hoping that you take me back. I know I have lost you forever. I just hope that one day we can try to become friends. I love you Jacob and will always love you.”

Joey let go of Jacob’s door and shut it. Jacob started his car and drove off unable to control his non-stop crying. He couldn’t see clearly due to the tears rolling out of his eyes, so he pulled over onto a side street to collect himself.

He sat there in his car looking straight ahead. All of a sudden, he felt the pain on his side get even sharper than before. He crunched over the stirring column holding his breath, trying to get rid of the pain on his side. Finally, the sharp pain went away, leaving only a dull pain the Jacob could handle.

He started the car and headed home. He started to feel a lot lighter every mile he got away from the gas station. Once he drove up to the driveway of his house, he felt as if the weight of the world has been lifted off of him. Even the dull pain on his side is gone. He got out feeling a lot better than he felt when he left this morning.

Jacob walked up to his room, got undressed and crawled into bed. He backed his body up against Dewayne’s. Then he pulled Dewayne’s arm over him like a blanket and laid his head down on the pillow. Within a few minutes Jacob went to sleep.

TO BE CONITNUED……………..

WRITER’S CORNER:

{This chapter went through a lot of time, but again a lot has happened in this chapter as well. Keep in mind that this story is connected with my other three stories. Some plots are started here and are finished in the other stories or vise versa.

The paint ball games that they got suited up for in this chapter will be played out in Beneath the Mask chapter nineteen. Also a couple of other plots started up in this chapter, but will be played out in the other stories.

Also after a lot of thinking, I decided to do something for the first time. At the end of this chapter is a meeting between Jacob and Joey for the first time since they broke up. This meeting happened in real life and we did argue on our first meeting.

I originally wrote this meeting in chapter five of Regrets and Heartaches and didn’t have plans to put it in this story. After talking it over with Rick, I decided because of this meeting, Jacob is able to fully move on. It needed to be in both stories in order to explain why both of the boys moved on finally. I won’t always do this, because I don’t like repeating myself. But this meeting had to be the exception to this rule of mine.

Now let’s get down to the basics of this chapter. I dropped a lot in this chapter that you guys might not like. Towards the middle or end of this chapter we have Jacob talking with Dr. Whitmore. Now none of us really know what is going on with Jacob, except me. You need to read on and see if his cancer returned or is it something else.

Don’t assume that I have said in the past these guys are going to go to college and Jacob is going to be fine. A lot can happen in the next year and half before college. Remember, we all thought that Jacob and Joey were going to stay together, but look what happened.

I really do believe after the meeting with Joey, Jacob is going to be able to move on. Be assured the relationship between Jacob and Dewayne is going to heat up. They are going to go further than just kissing and looking at each others’ naked bodies.

Tom and David are so close right now; there is nothing anyone can do that will separate them. But, there is something that is going to happen in the future that is going to change their relationship completely. I just hope it won’t cause them to break up in return.

Tony is going to move over to Al’s side of the house. That will leave Dewayne alone downstairs in the apartment. When will these two guys stop dancing around it and just move into the same bedroom? They sleep most nights already together, they should just have one room with all of their stuff in it!

Alex finally got accepted by Jacob’s friends and family. It took time, but it happened. Now they are all hanging out with each other and that is good. Still, a lot of things can happen in the future with Alex, Matt and his family. Tune into Beneath the Mask to see. I have plans for that story that will surprise each and every one of you.

It has been awhile since we heard about Chase, and we really didn’t hear much in this chapter. He isn’t gone; he will be back full strength in the chapters to come along with Marie and Greg as school starts. I lot of things are going on in Jacob’s life right now, there is just not enough time to cram it all into one chapter.

As always I can go on and on about the open plots in the story! If I do that, I can actually write several more chapters. There are so many plots that can take a turn at anytime. You might think it is going to go one way, but is ends up going another. Don’t miss out on anything, or you will be kicking yourself for it.

There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Stick around and keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}

EDITOR’S CORNER:

Things seem to be moving at a very fast pace for all the characters. There never seems to be a dull moment.

While Alex and Matt’s arrival was viewed by most of the extended family with deep doubt and trepidation, they were quickly accepted based, not on the past, but on their own merits. They quickly proved to be just ‘regular guys’ and Jacob’s entire extended family brought them into the fold.
I wonder what the meeting with Mr. Anderson, the D.A., was all about. Our evil author put a new twist on a cliffhanger! Oh, I let him know as soon as I read about the meeting but not finding out what it was all about, that he is truly evil to the core! Now, where and when are we going to get the answers to that question?

Jacob seems to have had some closure regarding Joey’s leaving him. The hurt and anger Jacob has harbored finally found a way to be vented. I hope that it is the start of true healing for Jacob so that he can get back to living his life without a ‘ghost’ from his past haunting him. Perhaps his being able to confront Joey face to face will allow him to quit looking back and allow Dewayne to get into his heart. Jacob had his trust in people hurt badly and it takes time to recover from that.

Our author amazes me. As you all know, I edit three of Jacob’s four stories that are all being written concurrently. How he keeps track of all the goings on with each character straight between the stories is incredible.

I’m a bit behind in editing. I was beaten down for two weeks by a killer summer cold. I have never had a simple head and chest cold knock me down the way this one did. I suspect one reason that it hung on as long as it did was the fact I couldn’t miss work. I went in four to five hours each weekday. I had no choice seeing as my job is running a new program at a school and I had no substitute I could call in. In real time, Labor Day is this upcoming weekend, so I will have three days to get caught up.

I hope everything is good and wonderful in each of your lives.

Until next time,

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Wow the nerve of joey did he really figure he could just walk back into Jakes life as if he never left. Now Jake has to deal with another medical scare man I knew the good times were too good to be true.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..