Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 34. Chapter 34

MARIE’S POINT OF VIEW)

As I walked up to the house I heard someone yelling for me. I look around to see who it is. At first I don’t see anyone so I keep walking towards my house, and once again I heard someone yelling for me. I looked around and this time I saw I hand waving from a car. I looked hard to see who it is calling me. Then I realized who it is.

I walked over to the car with a big smile on my face. I haven’t seen my big brother Andy for awhile. I didn’t think I would see him until the wedding day.

“Hey sis I came by to speak with you for a minute. Do you have a few minutes to talk with your big brother?”

“Of course I do Andy! What is going on that is brings this urgency out of you?”

Andy got out of the car to sit on the curb. I joined him on curb just looking at him. Whatever it is that he needs to talk with me about he doesn’t feel like talking about so it has to be something important.

“Marie, you need to promise not to be mad with me!”

“I can’t do that unless I know what I am not to be mad about!”

“I am no longer living at Jake’s house and no, he didn’t kick me out. I left because Normal has a problem with Jake.”

“What do you mean Normal has a problem with Jake?”

“She doesn’t like the idea that Jake is gay and his living with his lover. She can’t get over the thought of having a gay brother in-law.”

“Then she needs to get over it. Not only is she marrying into a family that has a gay brother to her husband but he is going to the wedding and he is your best man. She needs to get over whatever it is making this hate.”

“Marie, it isn’t that easy! She has put her foot down telling me it is either us or Jake. I love Normal very much! I don’t want to lose her!”

“Andy she isn’t worth it if she is asking you to pick between her and your family. You know full well Jake has been in your corner on everything. And now you are saying that you’re soon to be wife wants you to choose? No one should make their family member do something like she is asking you to do!”

“Marie please understands where I am sitting right now. I want to keep both and I know how to do it. Just for right now I need to get married and then I can get her together with Jake on the same ground. Until then I need to seal the deal with Normal.”

I just looked at Andy not believing what he is telling me. I am so afraid of the next words about to come out of his mouth. I really am afraid about what he is about to say.

“This is what I am planning to do in order to get my family together with my wife. For now I am letting her believe she has won! I folded to her demand of not allowing Jake to come to the wedding and…..”

“Wait one fucking minute Andy! You are telling me you disinvited Jake from the wedding because he is gay?”

I got angry as hell. What is going on in my brother’s mind when he decided to do this shit?

“Marie please, settle down! That is why I am no longer living at Jakes house anymore. I love my brother to death! I just can’t have him at my wedding. After I get married I can fix all this.”

“Too late on that Andy! You just ripped out your brother’s heart by doing this. No Andy, this is wrong and I don’t care how you try to explain it. If you disinvited Jake, you have just disinvited your entire family!”

I still couldn’t believe what Andy just told me. I turned around to head into the house. Andy kept calling me, but I didn’t turn around. Until he fixes this, and what I mean fix, is by inviting Jake back to the wedding. I closed the door to the house with Andy calling for me. Let him go home to Normal and explain he lost his entire family because of her.

I stood at the front door not knowing what to do. I know Jake is hurting right now. I need to call him and check up on him. Also I need to call grandpa about this. I know Jake so well that he isn’t going to tell grandpa about what Andy did. It isn’t Jake’s style to do that.

I went to the phone and dialed my grandfather’s house. Only two rings later he answered the phone.

“Hello grandpa, this is Marie! How are you doing?”

“Doing good Marie, it is good to hear your voice! What do I owe this call from you?”

“Well I have some bad news to tell you….”

I sat there telling my grandpa what Andy just told me. He kept interrupting me as I was telling him. He couldn’t believe what Normal is asking of Andy, and that Andy is going along with it.

Once I finished telling my grandfather everything. I hung on the line with nothing but silence between the two of us. Suddenly he spoke up again.

“Your grandma and I are still coming. We already had this trip planned. Jake is going to have the downstairs apartment ready for us when we arrive. I am not going to even try to talk with Andy about this. I know if I do I am going to say something that I can’t take back. So I agree with you! We are not going to the wedding.”

I spoke to my grandfather for a few more minutes. Just as I hung up the phone my mom walked in the door. I know not to tell my mother on what is going on with Andy and Jake. That will just put fuel on the fire. It will work in my mother’s favor anyway.

We did a greeting as always. She headed to her room and I headed to mine. Once I shut the door, I stood there still stunned about what Normal has done. I met her, we ate several times together but she never struck me as a woman to have this kind of hate.

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

Here I am another night that I don’t know where Jake is at! I thought things are better now with him now that he worked through his demons. At least that is what it felt like in the restroom during ROTC class. I don’t mind drilling like that everyday during class.

Knowing something is wrong, I couldn’t stop pacing around the house. Jake not arriving at the house before me is something out of the norm. I understood yesterday, but again he seemed fine today. The guys kept trying to settle me down, but I know there is something wrong. I can feel it in the pit of my stomach that there is something not right!

All through dinner I just couldn’t eat at all. I couldn’t get out of my mind that there is something going on with Jake. What it is, I can’t put my finger on, but it is something.

I finally just decided to get into my truck and go looking for Jake at the school. He told me last night he ran around the track until eight or so. So I hope against hope he is doing the same thing. All these thoughts kept rushing through my mind.

(FIERRO’S POINT OF VIEW)

My mom started yelling at me to take Betsy out for a walk. I have so much homework I tried to ignore my mom but I had no luck. You can’t ignore her high pitch voice when she gets going. I finally just laid down my pen to take out my dog.

I whistled at Betsy to come. As soon as she heard me, she came up wagging her tail. She knows when I whistle, it is time to go out for a walk. I put on the chain and went out the back door. As always she sniffed every tree as we walked around the house.

Once we got to the street, she did the same. The only difference with these trees, she tries to pee on every one of them. I don’t know how she keeps in so much liquid to be able to pee on every tree, but she does.

It gets to a point I have to drag her along to get the walk done. As we reached the corner the look over to the track field and I saw someone, I think was a person, lying on the ground. At first I didn’t pay any mind to the person. It is late and all I want to do is get back inside to do my homework. So we kept walking down the road as usual. As we made our way back around, I realized the person on the field hasn’t moved.

I decided to go up to wake up whatever fool it is that fell asleep on the field. As I got closer and closer, I saw books and papers scattered all over the place. Then I saw what I think is a uniform tossed to the side. Now I am getting very interested about who this person maybe.

Betsy started barking at the person asleep in the field. The barking Betsy does is a high pitch bark that normally could wake the dead. But whoever this is didn’t even budge. I looked over to see if I could make out the face. Whoever it is is kind of rolled up in a ball of sorts. Just by the figure I know it is a guy lying there.

“Hey mister wake up and go home. It is getting pretty late. If you get caught here on school property after nine they will arrest you.”

Whoever this is still didn’t budge. I got a little closer to him and gently with my foot started kicking him in the back.

“Mister did you hear what I said. Wake up and go home. I pretty sure you parents are worried about you.”

Still no movement at all from him! I kneeled down to try and shake him awake. That is when I noticed the blood on his face. This kid isn’t sleeping; someone beat the living shit out of him! I let go of Betsy to try and help this poor kid.

I looked down to try and figure out who he is. Still with so much dry blood I can’t make out heads or tails even if he is breathing. I gently placed my hand on his back to see if I could feel him breathing. It took a few seconds, but I did feel he was.

I moved over to his shoulders and gently started to roll him over. As I got him on his back and saw who it is. I actually stumbled back a few steps falling on my back hitting my head on the ground.

I quickly crawled back on my hands and knees. I can’t believe this is Jake lying here in the middle of the damn field. What in the world happened here? I started to yell out to Jake to try and wake him up.

“Jake, hey Jake wake up man, wake up!”

Jake didn’t budge an inch. At that point I figured to take some of the dry blood that is caked on his face off. I thought it might be blocking his breathing. I took my t-shirt off and started cleaning the best that I could. I looked around Jakes stuff and saw a water bottle. I went and grabbed it. Man I am thankful there is water in this bottle when I looked in it!

I started squirting water on Jake’s face. Within moments Jake eyes started to open. I put down the water bottle and held Jake’s head up.

“Jake wake up man, wake up please!”

All of a sudden Jake jerked from my grip. He crawled several feet away from me dazed and confused. I think he thinks I am the one that did this to him. He just sat there trying to get his bearings. At first I didn’t say anything. Then I waved my hand to catch his attention.

“Jake It is me, Fierro! I found you here lying on the field. I thought you were dead or a bum. Jake do you hear me?”

Jake looked at me confused at first. It looked like when he focused on me. He realized I wasn’t the one that did this.

“Fierro how long have I been here?”

“I don’t know Jake. I just found you here about ten minutes ago!”

Jake rubbed his head and tried to get up. He still couldn’t get his footing under him. He fell right back to the ground. He looked at me and spoke with cracks in his voice.

“Fierro, could you help me to my car? I need to get home before Joey starts to worry about me.”

I couldn’t believe he actually asked me that question. He can’t even get up. How in the world does he think he is going to drive? I tried to talk him down, but he wasn’t hearing it. One thing about Jake is that he is hard headed when he wants to do something.

I kept trying to calm him down in order for me to take him to my house. Jake wasn’t having any of that. He wanted to get into his car and go home. Just as I tried again to get him to go with me, I heard Joey yelling.

Joey had no idea what is going on here. All he saw is a bloody Jake that he needs to protect. Just as got to us, he threw me to the ground. I didn’t move an inch. Joey grabbed ahold of Jacob and held him. I heard him asking Jake over and over again what had happened.

At first Jake didn’t answer! All of a sudden Jake just broke down crying in Joey’s arms as he held him. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. The love these two have for each other is incredible. I never seen Jake cry in all the time I have known him. Now here he is crying like a baby in his boyfriend’s arms.

I walked up to Joey and Jacob. As I leaned down, I placed my hand on Jake’s shoulder. I looked at Joey and whispered to him.

“I found him like this here. He was out when I got here.”

Joey looked at me trying to read me! He figured it out that I didn’t do this to Jake. He shook his head as he turned back to Jake. They sat there in the middle of the field for awhile before Jake stopped crying. Then what he said stunned me to my core. Joey looked pissed as hell.

Joey picked up Jake to carry him to his truck. I followed them picking up all of Jake’s stuff. When we reached Joey’s truck, I threw all of Jake’s stuff in the back seat. Joey put Jake in the front, buckled him in, and then shut the door. He turned to me and threw me a set of keys.

“Can you do me favor Fierro?”

“Yeah anything, what do you need?”

“You know what car Jake drives?” I shook my head in the positive. “Can you get it and take it to your house please. We will pick it up later. Just leave the keys under the floor mat for me.”

I shook my head again in the positive as Joey got into the truck. He thanked me and drove off. I whistled for Betsy to come. I couldn’t believe this happened to Jake. More so from his future brother in law! What kind of person does this to another?

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

I couldn’t stop thinking about what has happened to Jake as I sped home. What the fuck do these guys think we are going to do? Take this lying down. If they think we are going to do that, they have another think coming!

I drove into the driveway fast. As I slammed on my brakes to the truck, you could smell the rubber of my tires when the truck stopped. As I walked into the house carrying Jake, Chase and Linda were in the hallway. I didn’t stop to say a word to them. I ran upstairs with Jake.

As soon as I got into our room, I laid Jake on the bed. I ran into our bathroom to turn on the water to the bath. I went back and got Jake from the bed to carry him into the bathroom. I stripped Jake out of the bloody clothes in order to put him in the bath. I cleaned him up the best as I could.

I redressed Jake in running pants and a t-shirt. At this point Jake started walking on his own. We walked back into the bedroom, straight to the bed. Right as Jake lay down, my mom walked in. She looked very concerned as she looked at Jake.

“Boy’s what is going on here? Who did this to Jake?”

Both Jake and I just looked at my mom as she sat on the bed. She started checking Jake out. It looks like there isn’t anything broke. At least Jake isn’t complaining of pain anywhere. But could Jake feel pain in his body if there is some? You know the pain meds he taking take pain away.

“Jake, mom, I need to go and pick up Jake’s car from the school. I will need to take one of the guys with me. Could you look after Jake for me please mom?”

“Certainly son, you don’t even need to ask.”

I walked out of the room to find the guys standing outside in the hall. They all looked at me as I walked past them. They all kept asking me as we went down the stairs what had happened. I finally turned around to give them a piece of my mind.

“This is what you guys kept telling me not to worry about. I kept telling you I felt there is something wrong. I kept telling you guys Jake is in trouble. ‘Oh no’ you guys kept telling me not to worry. Well this is what I get for listening.”

They just looked at me knowing I am right. One thing about me and Jake is that we formed this bond early on. We know and can feel when each other is hurting. When he was sick the second time and I was in Arizona, I knew something was going on with Jake that wasn’t good. Now this, I should have listened to my heart.

“Who did this to him Joey?”

“Jake told me it was Normal’s brother and several friends of his, Chase. They jumped him at the school after practice. I am going over to their house and kick his fucking ass.”

“Oh no, you are not going alone, I am going with you!”

With that, Tom and David joined in. I stopped David and asked him to stay and help my mom out. I didn’t want him to go because he is still getting over what he has been through. I couldn’t live with myself if I set David back on the work he has done.

Chase, Tom and I jumped into the truck. I know where Normal lives. I picked up Andy from the house several times. Believe it or not, it is on the side of town where Jake and I met.

On the way to the house, no one said a word. Once I turned the corner to Normal’s house we saw her brother and a couple guys sitting out on the front lawn. I drove right onto their lawn. Before they could even re-act, Tom, Chase and I were out of the truck.

The moment we were out, we attacked Normal’s brother and his friends. I wanted the brother and the guy’s let me have him. I don’t know where the strength came from, but I had Henry on the ground before he could blink an eye. I just kept hitting him over and over again.

“How does this feel you faggot hatter? This faggot isn’t going take your shit! You messed with my boyfriend! Any time you mess with us, we will come back at you even harder!”

I didn’t give Henry a chance to answer. Blood just started splattering all over my shirt and pants. All of a sudden I felt someone pulling me off.

“What the hell are you doing Joey? Have you guy’s gone crazy?”

“You actually defending what this asshole and his friends did?”

“I don’t know what you are talking about Joey!”

“Your bitch of finance sent her brother and his friends to beat your brother to within an inch of his life. They beat the hell out of him and left him to die like a dog!”

Andy just looked at me stunned. He turned to look at Normal. She didn’t budge from the front door of her house.

“Fuck it Andy, do whatever you want. I am telling you this! If you or this fucking family comes near me or my family again, I will not just kick your asses, I will kill you! You may not love your brother the way he loves you. Jake may not do a thing because you are his brother. But I am not hesitant to do so. Stay the hell away from us!”

With that Chase, Tom and I got back into my truck. As I pulled off the lawn, I looked back to Andy and his soon to be family. Boy did Henry and his friends get the shit knocked out of them. These hard core rockers actually got their asses handed to them.

(ANDY’S POINT OF VIEW)

I stood there watching Joey and the guy’s drive off. I couldn’t believe that Hector and Normal would get together and do this to my brother. Fine they don’t like him, but to beat him up to almost an inch of his life was something else altogether.

I turned around and looked at Normal standing at the door of the house. She didn’t say anything except to look straight at me. I walked over to her to see what she would say.

“Please Normal tell me what Joey said isn’t true!”

“You know fags and how they over state the facts. Yeah my brother with his friends went over and met Jacob at his school. They confronted him to let him know what he said to me isn’t right. But Jake spit in their face. They couldn’t let it go.”

“I took care of that Normal. I told you I did and there was no need for you to send Hector to do it again.”

“Fine I agree there! Still your brother could have just said sorry to me and it would have been done. Instead, like I said he spit in your soon to be brother-in-law’s face. Then to make things worse, he threw the first punch.”

I looked over at Hector to see if what Normal said is true. All Hector did is shake his head in the positive. I thought I knew my brother. He never picked a fight in the past. Even if he is pushed into the fight, he normally walks. I figure Jake is changing, and changing for the worse.

I walked over to Hector and the guys apologizing for what Jake did. Also asked them to just let it be for now! Don’t call the police or get revenge on my brother or his friends. Before I could complete the sentence Normal interrupted me.

“Oh no, you don’t ask that of my brother! I have already called the police and they are on the way. It is too late for your faggot brother and his friends.”

Just then several police cruisers drove up. They got out of the car and walked up to us. I looked at them scared for my little brother, but since he provoked all this, he deserves what is coming next. Let’s see if his money gets him out of this one.

“Those are the guys from the video! Arrest them!” one of the officers said to the others. He looked like a sergeant. Normal ran up to the sergeant demanding to know what is going on.

“Ma’am if you don’t step back, we will arrest you as well!”

“We called you to arrest someone else. They are the victims here!”

“Ma’am they are not the victims. They attacked a student at a local high school.”

“No you got it wrong. They went over to talk to him. He attacked them!”

“Ma’am we have video of them attacking this student. Three against one isn’t any odds for no one. The local schools installed camera’s since the shooting at the high school last year. We have it all on tape.

They are the ones that didn’t leave the student alone. He was leaving the gym when they called him. He tried several times to walk away but these guys didn’t let him. Instead they attacked him and didn’t let it go until the poor kid was down and out.”

Normal turned to me knowing she just got caught in a lie. Then she got a thought.

“Fine but you officers need to arrest the guys that came over here and beat my brother up as well.”

“Ma’am we don’t know what injuries are from the fight they provoked or what you said happened. These boys are the only ones that are going to be arrested.”

“Ask my Andy, he saw the whole thing.”

“No ma’am I will not. Look, your brother and friends chose to screw with the wrong family. From the grandfather to his grandson they are connected here in El Paso. They know my bosses and the district attorney. They made it clear what we need to do here. How did you think we got the tape so fast? Connections gets you places no matter where you live. Plus in my personnel opinion, I would have done the same thing if someone jumped my loved one or dear friend and then left him to die!”

Normal looked at the officer then over to me. I don’t know what she wants me to say or do on her behalf. They actually have tape of them beating up Jake.

“Andy, do something for my brother please!”

I tried to talk to the police officers explaining to them I am one of the grandchildren. In fact I am the oldest of the grandchildren. But the police officer didn’t want to hear it. He pretty much blew me off. It looked like he didn’t like the idea that Hector and the guys jumped Jake.

“Look I can override the decision of my younger brother. Just let us settle this between the families sir!”

“Believe it or not, it wasn’t your younger brother that made the call to my boss’s boss. It is your grandfather that did that. Talk to him and we’ll see then. More then likely nothing can be done here. Even if your family didn’t know the people they know, the arrest would have happened the same way, just a bit later.”

That is it; the officer didn’t want to hear any more. By the time they had Hector and his friends in handcuffs several more police cruisers drove up. By the time it was all done, there were four police cruisers in the front of Normal’s house.

When I turned and looked over to Normal, her mother had joined her on the porch. Both of them are crying! I don’t know what to do. All I know what Jake did here is wrong and I will let him know about it. A tape can’t show much in a dark field.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

I couldn’t sleep at all through the night. I am in so much pain, I could barely stand it. I already took my evening pain pills, but still the pain wouldn’t go away. I couldn’t lie on my stomach because it hurt. I couldn’t move my right leg, because it hurt really bad.

I felt Joey get up and quietly move to the bathroom. I looked over to the clock and saw it is five in the morning already. I decided to get up to get ready for school. I barely could move because of the shooting pain in my ribs.

I swung my legs off the bed, moved the covers off from my body. The minute I stood up, I fell right back to the bed. My right leg is hurting me. I looked down to my leg and for the first time I saw from my knee down it is huge.

Right away I covered my leg back up. I didn’t want Joey to see my leg like that and worry. It has to be sore or maybe ripped muscles. At least I hope that is what it is.

Joey walked out of the closet ready to head out. He looked at me, smiled, and gave me a kiss on the lips.

“Thank you for everything you did for me last night handsome! I know I have said this many times, I love you so damn much!”

“I love you to Jake! Don’t ever make me worry like that again.”

I nodded my head in the positive as Joey walked out of the room. I don’t know how I did it, but I got myself out of bed into the shower. I wiped the steam from the mirror to see for the first time what I look like.

To my surprise I actually only have a few scrapes and bruises on my face, nothing really major. It felt like I went through ten rounds with the heavy weight champion. All I have is pain in the ribs and right leg. Not bad at all.

Somehow I got myself dressed, downstairs and into my car. I find by not really thinking about the pain, it doesn’t hurt. I think that means nothing is broken; just bruised that’s all.

By second period I couldn’t stand the pain anymore. The pain is so bad right now, I started shaking, and tears started rolling down my cheeks. I know there is something really wrong with my leg and ribs. I asked the teacher if I could see the nurse.

I noticed when I walked into the nurse’s office that there was no one there. The nurse knew who I was because I still come down during lunch to take my afternoon meds. She took one look at me and knew there is something really wrong.

While she helped me to the bed, she asked me what is going on. I gave her the short version on what had happened last night. She had me remove my shirt where she could look at my ribs.

“Jake what is wrong with you? Look at the color of your rib cage. Of course you have broken ribs. How in the world did you sleep with broken ribs? Let me see your leg!”

I tried to pull my pant leg up, but my leg got so fat. It barely got past my ankle. I then tried to pull my pants down. Once again my right pant leg didn’t go past me knee.

“Jake I can’t even see your leg. But if it is this swollen, it has to be broken. You have been walking on a broken leg. Jake I need to get you to a hospital to get x-rays of both your ribs and your leg. I hope you don’t love these pants. They are going to be cut off.”

“Ma’am, could you please get Joey Alvarez from class please?”

The nurse looked at me for a few seconds before she walked to her desk. A few minutes later she came back.

“Joey Alvarez isn’t in his second period class. He got pulled along with all the football players. I called your house and no one answered. I need to get you to the hospital Jake, is there anyone else I can call for you?”

“No ma’am, there is nobody else. I will go ahead and wait here for you to get Joey for me.”

The nurse didn’t like the idea, but accepted it. The bell rang releasing second period. Soon Joey will be in his third period class. It didn’t take long for Joey to show after the tardy bell rang. Just the look on his face told me he wasn’t happy at all.

“Jake what in the hell are you thinking? Haven’t you learned from the past not to hide from us when you are hurt or sick? What you’ve done is just plain stupid!”

He turned to the nurse letting her know he will be taking me to the hospital. We took my car since it is lower to the ground than his truck. All the way to the hospital Joey didn’t say a word to me. Even as we sat in the waiting room, he didn’t say a word.

When they finally took me to get x-rayed I couldn’t believe the tech. He kept turning my legs all sorts of directions. If it wasn’t broken yet, he finished it off. When it came time to x-ray my ribs, the Tec did the same thing. I came out of x-ray in more pain then I did going in.

Sure enough I have three broken ribs. All they can do for me on that is wrap them. My leg is a different story though. My lower leg is broken in three different spots. They casted my leg and gave me more pain pills for the pain.

I felt a lot better when we left the hospital. The pain is there, but no where near what I had. Joey and I decided to grab lunch and then head back to school. Although the pain pills I took made me drowsy, I didn’t want to miss my afternoon classes.

After school I made my way to the track to let the Coach know the bad news. As I walked into the Coach’s office, he knew already. He just looked at me and shook his head.

“This is my fault Jake! I completely forgot last night I had you out there running. Not only did you get hurt because of that, I also might have hurt your chances in track.”

“No Coach, this only means that I am out for the rest of the season. I will be back next year even better than I did this year.”

“Well Jake I know I preach a team isn’t one person. But in your case without you, we are also done for the season. You are too valuable to this team to loose you like this.”

I walked out of the Coach’s office feeling bad for the team. I don’t think the team is done for the year. There are great runners on our team that can take my place. They will be able to go where the Coach wants to go this year.

(GRANDPA AL’S POINT OF VIEW)

I am sick and tired of getting these phone calls from El Paso. What in the hell is going on down there? First my daughter can’t let go that she has a gay son. Then she tries to give Jake a hard time because he is helping out with his older brother. I would be a proud parent if I have a son like Jake. I am a proud grandparent for having a grandson like Jake.

Now I have to put up with Andy. His mother shut him out but his brother never did. This is how he repays those who truly care for him? No one, woman or man, is worth holding onto if they bring this much misery into a family.

My wife knows I am steaming mad right now. She also knows there is really nothing she can say to get me to settle down right now. Then she surprised me.

She suggested for us to move our trip up. We can close off the house here in Cheyenne for the cold months and spend extra time in El Paso with the family. I just looked at her when she suggested this. All I could do is go up and hug her.

By Thursday evening we had the house closed up, mail forwarded to Jakes house and the car packed. We decided to leave at three in the morning on Friday in order to drive straight through to El Paso. We should get to El Paso late that evening. It’s been awhile since I have driven nine hundred miles in one day, but I can do it.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

The only good thing having the broken leg and ribs is getting babied. The minute I got home everyone wanted to do things for me. They smothered me all week long. By Friday I couldn’t be happier because of football.

Joey played another great game. I am thinking he might make a go at this football thing in college as well. He could actually get a scholarship to college on it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he did. He is that good.

Joey decided not to go the party after the football game. Instead he came straight home and joined me in front of the television for the night. I love him for doing that. This time I am the one that leaned against Joey with his arms over my chest. It felt weird being the one on top in the cuddling. But due to my ribs; Joey couldn’t lie down on my chest.

I actually dozed off there in front of the television. I haven’t done that for awhile. I figure my body is still trying to get used to the medications I am taking for my ribs and leg. The next thing I knew, Joey shook me awake.

“Hey babe let’s go up to bed now! You look like you’re very tired!”

I shook my head in the positive. I got up, and then helped Joey up from the couch. We said our goodnights to everyone. I stripped along side Joey! We both got into bed together! Same as it was downstairs, Joey cuddled up against me.

Just as I started dozing off, someone knocked on the door of our room. At first it sounded far away. I actually thought I was dreaming at first. Then it started coming clearer and clearer. I jumped up in my bed once I realized it isn’t a dream.

“Yeah who is there?”

“It is me Jake, Beth! You need to come downstairs for moment please. There is someone at the door that needs to speak with you.”

“I will be right down Beth, thank you!”

I sat there rubbing my head wondering who in the world would be asking for me at this time of night. I looked over at the clock and saw it was just a little after eleven. I grabbed a pair of running pants and a t-shirt to put on. I looked over at Joey, poor guy, he is still sound asleep.

I walked downstairs to see who needed to speak with me. We I reached the bottom stair I yelled to Beth!

“Who needed to see me Beth?”

“They are in the den waiting for Jake!”

I walked over to the den. I stopped in my tracks to see there standing in the den my grandparents. I went up to both of them to give them a hug. I am so happy to see my grandparents here. Whenever my grandfather is here, I feel so safe.

“I wasn’t expecting you guys for at least another month and half!”

“We decided to close the house up down in Wyoming earlier. We wanted to beat the snow down here. You know once it starts snowing up there in Cheyenne, freeways start getting closed off and I needed to see my grandson. You can’t seem to catch a break at all Jake. I need to get stuff here straightened up.”

I just looked at my grandfather pleased that he is here, but at the same time afraid. When he comes in to fix something that he thinks needs fixing, normally people are in trouble.

“Since we are earlier we can stay on the couch for the mean time!”

“No you will not grandpa. Beth and Fran have already moved into their house. Not all the furniture has been delivered yet. But at least the furniture for their bedrooms has. So the apartment in the basement is empty. Just give me a few minutes to make sure it is cleaned up for you guys.”

Right then Beth walked into the den.

“Jake don’t worry about the apartment downstairs. Fran and I are taking care of it right now. Spend this time with your grandparents. I will come up and let you know when it is ready.”

I thanked Beth as she headed back out of the den. I looked over at my grandparents to offer them a drink and something to eat. They only wanted juice. When I got back to the den with their juices, my grandparents were already sitting on the couch.

“Jake where is this nice guy we keep hearing about? I met Joey before, but not in the context of him being part of our family!”

“That is true! The last time you were down here, Joey and I were not together. Then when I went up to get Jeremy, Andy went with me.”

My grandparents shook there heads. I explained to them that he is in bed already asleep. He played football earlier this evening I explained to my grandparents. They didn’t seem to mind. They will wait till morning to meet Joey.

Chase and David are still awake so I introduced them to my grandparents. My grandfather took to them as if he knew them his whole life. After an hour of talking, my grandfather realized the time. He got up to unload the car, but Chase and David stopped him. They refused to let my grandfather lift a finger.

So Chase and David unloaded my grandfather car and they took the luggage downstairs to where my grandparents are going to stay for awhile. While that was happening, I showed my grandparents the house.

We peeked in to see Jeremy. My grandpa likes what he has seen so far. He really loved the study when he saw it. As we sat in the study, I noticed that I was yawning a lot. I was already tired when they arrived. Now I am even worse. My leg is started to hurt again on top of it all.

After taking my grandparents down to the rooms, I hugged them and said goodnight. I asked them to please sleep in for once. But knowing my grandpa, that isn’t going to happen! As I walked out of my grandparent’s room, I had a big grin on face.

I crawled back into bed with Joey. Automatically Joey put his arms around my chest and pulled me close to him. This time, the minute my head hit the pillow I was out.

The next morning the smell of breakfast woke me up. I crawled out of bed slowly. The minute my feet hit the floor, pain shot up and down my body. I hurried and grabbed my pain pills to take a couple. I sat on the edge of the bed for awhile.

Joey must have gotten up earlier, because he wasn’t anywhere to be seen in the room. Once the pain settled down, I got up, dressed, and headed downstairs. I found my grandfather sitting in the den talking Joey’s head off.

I walked into the den to save Joey from my grandfather.

“Good morning grandpa, how did you sleep last night?”

“Very well Jake, thank you for asking! Joey joined me for coffee this morning. We have been talking ever since.”

I walked up to Joey and patted him on the shoulder. I know by the look on Joey’s face he thought I was going to kiss him. Also the look on my grandfather’s face is a look of surprise. I leaned down and kissed Joey good morning.

“Jake this is your house, so don’t change the way you act with Joey. You guys make a excellent couple. I am proud of both of you.”

Right then Beth walked in to let us know breakfast is ready. Out of respect to my grandfather, I asked him to sit at the head of the table. My grandmother sat on the other side of the table. We filled in the table on each side.

During breakfast we talked to my grandparents like normal. What I mean by that is you know how we act differently around our parents and grandparents. We change the way we talk, the way we act when we are around them. With my grandparents it is different. We can be ourselves with them.

After breakfast my grandfather asked if we could talk. I had no problem with it so we went into the study. Along the way Joey got asked to join us.

Just like I do when I am talking with someone in the study, my grandpa sat behind the desk. Joey and I sat down on the couch facing the desk.

“Jake the reason I asked you and Joey to come in here is because we need to talk. There is a lot of things going on here that are really bothering me. I am the oldest in this family, so it rests on my shoulders to fix a lot of this.

Tomorrow I have asked your mom, sister, and Andy to be here mid-morning. I hope that is ok and you guys have no plans already!”

“No that is fine grandpa, we will be free!”

“Ok now let me take this time to get with you and Joey. This is your house, both of you. I see you have two other boys staying here with you. I don’t know what has happened in order for these two boys to be under your roof.

I always think of the evil in a person. That is just in my nature boys. I really hope these are true friends. Not those types of people that see a bank and try to milk it as long as they can. You know there are people like that out there Jake, and you have a big heart.”

“I know grandpa this looks confusing to say the least. Let me give you some back ground that brought David and Chase to our door step. First…..”

I sat there explaining to my grandfather about Chase having to leave an abusive household. How he was treated at home and all. Also at first Chase refused to let us take care of him. He wanted to go to work, but we didn’t let him. Schooling is more important. Even now Chase doesn’t ask for anything.

With David I told my grandfather it is a little different of a story. I told him about his father and the set up we have with him. I never lie to my grandfather. So I told him that I have been saving the checks his father has been sending for his college.

“That sounds all good in my eyes Jake. You are a good, caring young man. I just don’t want anyone talking advantage of your big heart.

Now I have been looking over your bank statements. Your spending is completely under control since the last time we spoke about it. But I see this huge purchase you just done this month. What is this purchase about Jake?”

“Grandpa I purchased, with the help of Joey, a house for Beth!”

“Oh I see. I have no problem with that at all. You need to show me where this house is. I need to know if you got a good deal on the house as well.

Now I need to talk with you about what I am going to talk about tomorrow. I don’t know what is going on with your mother and brother right now. I raised your mom the best way that I could. Ever since her mom left her, Mary, and Dan in the park and never came back, I believe she got her the worst.

Still I did what I could to do things right for my children. I don’t want to go into detail about this with you Jake. I am not going to make excuses for your mother either. One way or another, things are going to be dealt with tomorrow.”

“Yes grandpa and thank you for everything!”

“Jake you are doing a great job. I feel though you are missing out of your teenage years. I need to help and fix that now before it is too late!”

As we left the study after my grandfather finished. I felt bad that he had to come all the way down here to fix the mess we have made. He wanted come down and just relax with the family over the winter months. Now he is here fixing everything.

Joey nudged me as we got to the bottom stairs. I looked at him and he had this big smile on his face. What the world is he smiling about I wonder.

“Joey what is up? Why the push and now you smiling at me?”

“Jake aren’t we still on for the movies today?”

I shook my head to positive. I forgot we planned to go the movies last weekend. Since it is just the two of us, it didn’t take long to get changed and ready to go out the door. I told Beth and my grandparents we are heading out.

The traffic wasn’t half bad getting to Ceilo Vista Mall. But what surprised me the most is at the theatre there wasn’t a line. I looked over Joey with a surprised look on my face. We normally have stand in long lines at the theatre. Today though is different, and no it wasn’t closed.

Joey and I decided to watch “Point Break”. The reason behind that is Keanu Reeves. Both of us think he is hot. We figured he has to be hot running around on the beach in shorts or the tight surfer suit on.

After getting our drinks and popcorn, we headed to get our seats. When we walked in, it surprised me how empty the theatre is. We have a pick of almost any seat in the place so we decided to sit in the middle in the top row of seats.

The lights dimmed and the previews started. All through the previews Joey and I made out. Both of us couldn’t keep our hands off of each other. It made it easier for us because the theatre is empty pretty much.

The moment the movie started I was not disappointed by it. Just looking Reeves got me all hard. This guy is damn hot. I just couldn’t help myself. I reached over to Joey’s leg. Within minutes I made my why up his leg to his lap. I kept my hand on his lap for a few seconds until I found my way to his dick.

I started to get Joey hard through his jeans without taking my eyes off the screen. I know Joey started to enjoy it because he is getting hard. He made his way over to my lap playing with my dick getting in the spirit of things.

There we are, Joey and I just playing with each others’ dicks while watching a movie at the theatre. There are only two other couples in here with us and they decided to sit a lot closer to the screen than we were.

I started to hear Joey’s breathing change. I know when Joey is about to cum. I didn’t want him to cum right then and there. So I let go of his dick to give him a chance to come down from his approaching climax.

I looked over at Joey and I knew he isn’t happy with me at all. He has told me many times he doesn’t like it when I stop right when he gets close to his climax. I like it because I can make him last longer and he begs for me to let him cum.

Joey got up from his seat, which surprised me. I thought I really got him mad this time. But instead he actually got onto his hands and knees, and then made his way between my legs. He looked up at me and smiled this big smile.

Without hesitating, he undid my belt, then the button to my jeans. He has my zipper down before I could straighten up in the seat. I sat there with my eyes closed as Joey went down on me. I couldn’t believe how good this felt. I don’t know if is because we are in a theatre and anyone can catch us, or I am just horny as hell. Whatever the reason is, I like it and I know that Joey is the main reason this is so hot to me.

I put my hands through Joey’s hair as he bobbed up and down on my dick. Joey got his hand between my legs. I knew what he wanted to do, but there isn’t enough room in these seats and with the cast on my right leg and bandaged ribs, I couldn’t move lot either.

Joey gave up trying to access my hole. Instead he decided to take me in. When he isn’t sucking on my dick, he has my balls I his mouth. Either way, he has me going crazy in the seat. I was moaning like crazy!

I didn’t care if the others in the theatre heard me now. I just love the way Joey is making love to me in the theatre. I started to shake, letting Joey know I am about to cum. He didn’t let go or slow down giving me head.

“Handsome I am going to cum, pull off, I am going to cum!”

Joey didn’t pay any attention to what I just said. Instead he started going down on me even harder. I love the way it feels when I start to shoot. As the cum makes it way through my dick, and blasts it way onto the scene, Joey took it all, not loosing a drop of my cum. I shot at least four or five really strong shots of cum down his throat.

Once I finished shooting, Joey didn’t let go of my dick from his mouth until it slipped out. Still Joey stayed between my legs looking up at me with a big smile on his face. I know I can’t get on my hands and knees to return the favor to Joey.

He got up to sit back down next to me. I looked over to him, and still he has the same smile on his face. The only difference is that he is playing with himself. I pushed away his hand, lowered his zipper. I didn’t have to search for his dick, the minute I put my hand into his zipper, I found it.

Joey’s dick kept jumping each time I put my hand around it. I couldn’t keep him down. I really wanted his dick into my mouth so bad. I just told myself ‘damn it all’. I took my hand out to undo the button to his jeans.

I separated the flaps of his jeans in order to have room to work with his dick. With all my power, I bent over the arm rests to get his dick in my mouth. It hurt like all hell, but it is worth it the minute Joey’s dick got into my mouth.

I started bobbing up and down on his dick. I love the taste of Joey’s pre-cum. It is the sweetest liquid ever to go across my tongue and down my throat. As I sucked Joey’s dick, I played with his balls. Joey’s balls are so damn smooth and perfect.

I couldn’t get down into his lap to take in his balls. I tried my hardest, but the arm rest between our seats and the pain in my ribs just didn’t allow me to. Within minutes though, Joey started whispering in my ear.

“Babe I am going to cum! Please babe let me cum in your mouth!”

It wasn’t even seconds from him warning me that he is about to cum when he did. He shot load after load down my throat. Joey’s cum is even sweeter than his pre-cum. I wanted to have his cum down my throat so bad where I could taste it.

Both of us sat there in our seats for the remainder of the movie catching our breaths with our zippers down. Once the credits started to roll, both Joey and I straightened up. By the time we got out of our seats, you wouldn’t have a clue we had oral sex.

After we left the theatre we decided to go out and eat. We wanted to be by ourselves. Joey knows how I love ribs, so he took me to my favorite rib joint. We fooled around as we ate dinner. Joey just brings out the best of me all the time. He knows what makes me happy when ever I am feeling down.

(GRANDPA AL’S POINT OF VIEW)

I decided to take a walk around the neighborhood. I needed to clear my head about all the things I have been finding out about all what has been going on here.

Beth filled me in on a lot of the fights that I didn’t know about and the times my daughter comes down just to argue with Jake, threatening to pull Jake back to her house to throwing things around in the kitchen.

I couldn’t believe that poor David got raped and then tried to kill himself because of it. From Jake breaking all these records in track and field, to Joey now holding some new school records in football, this is great news.

There is good news mixed up in all the bad news. The bad news though out weighs the good news. I need to not only fix all this here, but at the same time make sure the fix holds. I just don’t know how I am going to do this.

I walked for about an hour before I called it quits. I figured out a solution to all this, but I need to speak with my wife about it first.

Just as I walked up to the house, Joey and Jake pulled in. The boys greeted me as we walked in. They seem to have had fun on their date. I like seeing my grandchildren happy living their lives. Jake is the happiest of all my grandchildren.

None of us stayed up late. A couple of the boys were not in the house when I called it a night. Jake went up earlier because he started to hurt. He needed to take the stronger pain pills he told me. I know whenever he takes those pain pills, he is out.

The next morning I got up before anyone else in the house. I made coffee as I waited for the boys to get up. Soon after I got my first cup of coffee, Beth walked in. Just as the day before, she started working on breakfast. I can see why Jake likes her.

Before I knew it, the boys came down to join us in the kitchen. One by one made their way to food. I found it nice to see these young kids treating Beth like the mother hen and she treats each of the boys as if they were her own.

Soon after breakfast my daughter and granddaughter arrived. Soon after they arrived, Andy and Normal walked through the door. Once I saw they had arrived, I directed everyone to the study. I am ready to lay down the law with the family.

(ANDY’S POINT OF VIEW)

When I hung up the phone with my grandfather, I was shaking. I know I am in big trouble. First he is here and that isn’t a good sign. Second he demanded my presence tomorrow at Jake’s house. He didn’t sound happy with me at all.

Normal walked in just as I hung up the phone.

“So what did your grandfather talk to you about Andy?”

“He didn’t say much on the phone. He asked, not ask, he demanded for my presence tomorrow at Jake’s house.”

“Blow it off Andy. You don’t need to jump whenever your family says jump.”

“No Normal, you DO jump when ever my grandfather asks you to. He came into town a lot earlier then he had planned and he isn’t happy having to do so.”

“You are going to be married in a couple of months. You don’t need your grandfather or any of your family anymore. I don’t see why you feel you need to with the way they treated you in the past.”

“It was just my mother and no one else. I chose not to call on my grandfather or bother for help. So it is not their fault. I hope you got it straight this time, Normal.”

“What do you call having my brother arrested? Your grandfather is no family of mine. If you plan to marry me Andy, you will just blow off this meeting.”

“I not going to blow off this meeting with my grandfather and you are coming too. Enough of this Normal; Hector screwed up and I was stupid enough to believe you. So be ready by nine in the morning to head over to Jake’s house.”

With that I walked out of the living room back to our room. I couldn’t believe my grandfather came up here this quick. He has to be mad.

The next morning I had to pull Normal out of the house almost kicking and screaming. One thing you don’t want to be with my grandfather; that is late. We arrived at Jake’s house right on time.

When we walked in and I saw Jake for the first time since I left here. I couldn’t believe what Hector and his friends did to him. He has a broken leg. Damn how stupid could I be, believing Normal that Jake started it all?

I made my way to greet my grandparents. I introduced Normal to them, but they pretty much gave her the cold shoulder. My grandfather didn’t waste any time. He directed us to follow him to the study. We all followed him into the study knowing this is going to be what they call a ‘come to Jesus meeting’.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

As the day before, Joey and I sat on the couch together. The rest of the family filled in the open seats around the desk in the study. My grandfather sat behind the desk. It didn’t surprise me that my mom spoke first.

“Dad this is a meeting for family only. Joey should not be in this meeting!”

“Glorie, why shouldn’t Joey be in this meeting? He is part of this family as you and I are. I will not hear another word about that again from you or anyone else in this room. Joey is my grandson simply put and he is Jake’s better half.”

No one said another word. In fact the entire room is dead quiet. I can tell my grandpa is angry and is ready to set the record straight here.

“I am just going to get right down to business. I will am going to work my way down from the most recent things to the later items. I don’t like having to come down here and be the hard ass of the family but it’s obvious someone needs to do it.

Andy I don’t know what has crawled up your butt. If you uninvited your brother to your wedding, you uninvited your entire family. I’m even more upset for the reason I understand you did it. If you choose to continue to do this, you are no longer part of this family. Do you understand me Andy?”

“Grandpa I want to marry Normal. You of all people should understand this. It is going to take time for her to get used to having a gay brother-in-law.”

“Bull shit Andy, bull shit. She sends her brother and others to jump your brother at his school. What the hell were you thinking young lady when you did that?”

“Sir I don’t like being talked to like this!”

“Well ma’am, I don’t like getting a call about a woman that couldn’t swallow her hate and orders her brother to beat my grandson up to inches of his life. I promise you this Normal, I am taking the reigns on this and I will make sure your brother and his friends are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law for what they have done.

Andy, you have almost two months to think about where you stand. If Normal here can’t get over her hate of Jacob and Joey, then you don’t need her in your life. If you choose her side, and keep your brother out of the wedding, you are no longer welcome inside this family. You will have consciously decided against your family. That will include you being taken out of my will and any other family will.”

“Yes grandpa I will speak with Normal about this.”

“Now Glorie, enough is enough with you. You signed over Jeremy to Jake and me. That is it; I don’t want to hear you taking Jake or me to court over this again. We are going to make the decisions regarding Jeremy from here on out.

Whenever you come into this house you will respect the house and all those who live in it. I was told by the others, not Jake or Joey, about your visits here. I will not go through those with you, but it will end. Respect Jake as your son.

I know you don’t like the idea your son is gay and is living with his partner. Get over it damn it. If I hear anymore about you not respecting your son or son-in-law, you will also be cut out of my will. You also need to remember the roof over your head is by the grace of Jacob and Joey. Do you want to return to the cramped living of cheap apartments? Keep behaving the way you have been of late and that can be arranged.

You guys need to understand this; I don’t like threatening you on this level but it seems I am not getting through to any of you any other way.

Let me make this plain and simple here. We live like a family, love each other as a family, or get the hell out of this family you seem to hate so much. But remember this, you can choose your friends, you can choose your wife or husband, but you can’t choose your family. Look around in this room everyone. This is your family. Let’s start acting like a family from now on.”

Everyone looked at each other. For the first time I think my grandfather actually got through to my mother and brother. At least I hope so.

“I don’t like coming down here after hearing everything I have been hearing. I understand we are going to have our family disagreement, but nothing like what is going on here. CBS or ABC could make a soap based on our family. Family Hernandez it will be called. We would have the more viewers than any other soap on television. Let’s stop acting as if we are starring in our own soap here. Let’s live like a regular family.

I am going to be here for awhile. If while I am here and things don’t improve, I will take whatever action is needed to fix the problem. If I have to buy a house, I will, and move here to live. You all know how much I dislike the summers in El Paso!”

We all just sat in the study not saying a word. As I looked around I saw the look on the faces of my family including Normal. No matter if I like it or not, Normal will soon be part of this family. I need to get used to it.

Still no one moved from where they sat. My grandfather just looked out to all of us. Then my mom spoke up to break the silence.

“Dad I have noticed you had something to say to each of us except Joey and Jacob. I know they are not clean here today either. I don’t like being talked to in the fashion you did in front of my kids!”

“Sorry about that Glorie, but your behavior warranted the talk in front of everyone. You never had a qualm about degrading and disrespecting Jacob in front of others. You just got a dose of your own medicine. I need to ensure everyone understands this way of living is over and done with. As far as Jake is concerned I spoke with him and Joey last night. The concern I had to speak with the boys about is the way they spend money. That hasn’t a thing to do with the general talk we had here today.

All this hate is being targeted at Jake and Joey here. It will stop. They are young and deserve to enjoy their teenage years. I can’t be worried all the time what is next with Jake. He will not see the inside of a hospital again for any reason.”

With that everyone agreed with my grandfather. I think my mom and brother did in order to get out of there. It bothered me, but I am used to it. Marie stayed to spend time with my grandfather. My mom, Andy and Normal left as fast as they could when we left the study.

(GRANDPA AL’S POINT OF VIEW)

“Ok Beth we need to see this new house of yours that our kids bought for you!”

Beth face got red when I spoke up. I didn’t mean to embarrass her, but I have heard about her house. I just wanted to see it; that’s all.

Beth took me and those that followed out the back door of the house into the yard. We walked across to the wall that has a small part knocked out. This part is enough for someone to walk through to get to the house behind Jake’s.

To say I am surprised the house is this close is an understatement. The house is a little bigger than mine back home and it is a nice one. I like the idea that the house is right behind Jake and Joey’s. That way Beth doesn’t have to drive or walk a long ways to get to the boys home.

As we walked back to Jake’s home, I stopped at the wall. I looked at the boys, Jake, Joey, David, Chase, and another I have not met yet.

“Hey why don’t we do this to the yards? First…..”

I sat there explaining to the boys that we should knock the entire wall the separates the two house out completely. That way it is one huge yard. That way no one will get hurt, going from one house to the other. Then I pointed to the yard.

I showed using my fingers on putting in a pool with a Jacuzzi. That got the boys all excited when I said that. I also explained to Jake that there should be a walkway built from Beth’s house to his; one with walls and a roof. That way if we choose to walk across to the other house in our underwear we can without the worries of the neighbors seeing.

That got a laugh from the boys. We went in and started drawing out plans on what we wanted done. On Monday I will start calling for the best price to get it done right. The boys volunteered to do some of the work, but I thought it best for a company to do it.

As the boys and Linda started watching a movie, I decided to take a walk. My doctor told me I need to walk even if my knee bothers me. So I decided to walk around the block. I didn’t realize how big this block is until I made it to the end. I decided to just head on back.

I looked at the homes on the block Jake and Joey live on. All of them are nice and big. I believe Jake got the biggest home on the block. Or it could be just where it sits, in the middle of the block. The street that Jake and Joey home is on curves in a circle. Their home sits in the middle of the curve. That is why it seems to be the biggest of all the homes here.

Just as I passed the home at the side of Jake’s, I saw a for sale sign. I sat in front of the house just looking at it. It is a nice two story home.

A thought raced through my head right then. It would be perfect me and my wife and I could be here to ensure everything gets corrected with my family here. I can’t do much all way in Cheyenne if things explode once I leave. At least if I am here, I can watch over my family, more so my grandsons who need it the most right now; both Jacob and Jeremy.

I decided to go and see what the asking price of the home is. I decided to knock on the door to speak with the owners of the home. I dodged the sprinklers as I walked up the walkway. I love the smell of fresh cut grass being watered for the first time.

Just as I walked up the walkway, I heard screeching brakes coming from my grandson’s driveway. I turned around so quickly I tripped over the hose that crossed the walkway. Before I could see who was driving up to my grandson’s home. I took a header straight into the sidewalk.

I laid there in pain from landing right on my side. I turned to see if anyone from the house was out. What I saw stunned me even more then the fall.

TO BE CONTINUED………………

{It is about time someone in this family put their foot down. I agree with grandpa Al, enough is enough. Jake can’t take much more in beatings or hate from his own family. He is already going to have a hell of a time with the public in general because of who he loves.

Jake and Joey’s relationship looks so strong right now, nothing can break them apart. Do you think Joey is truly done on cheating on Jake? We know Jake believed whatever Joey said because he loves Joey with all his heart. Nothing anyone can say or do will change that for Jake. Like the old song goes, When a Man Loves a Woman, but in their case, When a Man Loves a Man!

A show of hands here, how many think the talk between grandpa Al and the family is going to change the minds of Gloria and Normal? I don’t know, I suggest you stay tuned to find that answer.

In the next chapter something is going to happen with Chase and Linda. They have been in the background too long. I know you all have been wondering about them. What do you think it is going to happen there?

I know I have said this in the past, but let’s hope it comes true this time. Leave poor Jake alone and let him live a normal life as possible. Man, there is so many plots open it is hard to keep up with them. From Jake’s grandpa thinking about moving to El Paso to David and Tom getting stronger, and the family unit seems to begetting stronger as well! Let’s hope that when needed, everyone can lean on each other for support in this family that has been built out of shattered lives.

So many twists and turns in this story, we don’t know if we are coming or going anymore! Stick around there is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Stick around and keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}

EDITOR’S CORNER:

Twists and turns, Jacob says…and he conveniently forgets to include mentioning those annoying cliffhangers! Now, I have to wait too. I have caught up with our revered author. Usually I can at least look into the next chapter and see the outcome of the cliffhanger so I can sleep~!~ No such luck THIS time. Harumph!

Andy is being a P-whipped ass! What does that….woman… have over him? It’s got to be more than the power of a hot woman! I was so hoping Andy was getting his head squared away, but it seems such is not the case. Will he forsake his family? If he does, he’s really in for a rough time. I can’t see any advantages to marrying into Normal’s family.

I think that every family needs a solid head. I think that until Jacob has age to add to his maturity, Grandpa Al could be the buffer to keep things on track. Jake’s mom isn’t done yet, I get the feeling. Grandpa Al is going to have to “spank” her bad to get her in line. That’s my guess anyway.

I probably shouldn’t write these notes and let Jacob see them. I sometimes think he takes my thoughts and switches things around just to be able to laugh at me. Now that I’m caught up with his writing he has more of a chance to do just that. I’m mulling over how I can fix this…..

I’m always glad when any of you write to me, same as Jacob. Editing is a lonely job and your “cards and letters” help break the boredom!

Until next time, seek happiness by giving happiness and love to others. Giving happiness and love away is the only things in life that, when given away, makes you richer.

“Daddy” Rick

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 5
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Andy needs to grow a set of balls, but since he is letting Normal tell him what to do don't see that happening. Grandpa sure put his foot down and hard, wonder if it did any good. I can just imagine the reaction of the family when they realize that grandpa will be moving in beside Jake. Talk about keeping a close eye on him.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..