Jump to content
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Jacob Finding His Way - 23. Chapter 23

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

Now that I am involved in football and Rifle Team, I barely have anytime on the weekends to rest. I do my homework from Friday during my free time on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday morning I am out rooting for Jacob when he runs in the track meets. I just do not know how much longer I can keep this up.

Monday came around way too quickly for my taste. Here I am dragging myself to football practice. I think I am going to have to quit one of the teams. It is just beating me up doing all these sports. I walked into the locker room and found the entire team in the locker room not suited up. I starting thinking we might not have practice this morning. I really hope so!

The coach walked out and stood in front of us. Right behind him is his assistants just looking on. He doesn’t look to happy and I really don’t know why. We just beat the team everyone thought was going to give us our third loss of the season. We really cannot afford to loose anymore football games this season.

“Ok guys since we have everyone here now.” The coach started talking looking down at me at the same time. “I am getting fed up with the way things are being handled in this locker room. I should have never allowed it to get this far. So some of the blame is on my shoulders because I am the coach of this team!

Every one of you is part of this team; equal to one another, no matter what position you play. But we are still having a problem with one of our team members. I looked on the sidelines last Friday night and saw none of the team talking to or even getting around Joey. Then, when we got back here that evening Joey, as he has done since he has joined the team, left as soon as we got here!

I don’t give a damn if he or anyone else on this team is gay. It makes no difference if someone loves the same sex, screws light posts, or just plain doesn’t date. Everyone will be respected. I am fed up with seeing Joey shunned when he walks in. You pussies won’t even suit up in front of him! This will end as of now!

I already went to the team captains and asked you guys to bring this team together. You guys are the leaders of this team. But as I can see you cannot lead the team because the team is not listening to you. I am assuming you talked to the team to end this nonsense.”

The coach looked at Tom and Justin and they shook there heads in the positive way.

“The team is either not listening to you two or you guys are the ones allowing this to continue. I really don’t care at this point, I am removing you two as team captains until you can prove to me and the other coaches you can not only lead this team on the field but off the field as well.”

They looked at each other, and then over to me. Both of them looked pretty angry. It wasn’t my fault and I didn’t ask for this at all.

“Now let me make this clear to the rest of you. If you refuse to dress out, shower, or give common courtesy and respect to all of your teammates equally, then you will be off the team. I do not care if that makes us lose a chance to go to state.

I am not doing my job as a coach if allow this to continue.”

He and the other coaches walked back into their offices. Then you heard the coach yell for us to leave. I got up and headed out the door. Followed by the other team members!

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

I rolled out of bed looking at the alarm clock on the end table. I couldn’t believe here we are Monday again and I am dragging myself into track practice. I am starting to think twice about joining track. I just keep telling myself it is because of how early I have to get up in order to get to practice.

Practice was quick this morning, and as soon as I showered up I decided to see if Joey is out of practice as well. I decided to head on over to the ROTC building because that where Joey and I decided to make our meeting place after practice. None of the teams were outside yet when I arrived. I walked around the building to go to the restroom. When I walked in, Joey was in there with one of the guys that were in the bed with him on Saturday morning.

The moment I walked in, they quickly moved apart from one another. When Joey looked at me, he was red in the face. I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. When I walked in there was no doubt in my mind they were kissing.

I walked up to the guy and just led it rip. I didn’t even realize I had him on the ground. I just kept slugging him in the face, the chest, and back to the face. I just couldn’t stop hitting him until Joey pulled me off.

I really wanted to punch the living day lights out of Joey right then and there too. The guy I was hitting ran out of there so quickly. I looked over at Joey then with tears starting to roll down my face.

“What the fuck is this, Joey? Why are you doing this to me?” I sat there asking him crying. I couldn’t believe how much it hurt.”

“I swear Jacob I was not doing nothing with him. I know it looked weird when you walked in. But come on Jacob, if I was doing something with him I would have locked the door.”

“You were leaning into him when I walked in. he was the same guy in the bed with you on Saturday. You keep telling me nothing is going on. But I keep finding you and this guy in weird positions. I love you so damn much” I sat there crying so much I could barely get the words out of my mouth.

“I will believe you whatever you tell me. Please, never ever cheat on me, Joey. If you fall out of love with me, just tell me. That would hurt less than the way I am hurting right now. I cannot stand this feeling of you not loving me anymore!” I was talking through my sobs.

By then Joey was crying as well. “I promise Jake, I love you even more than I could ever imagine I could love someone. I would never cheat on you or leave you. I am the one always worried about you leaving me!” Joey was saying as he came up to hug me.

We stood there hugging for a while until there was pounding on the door. At first I thought I heard the yelling wrong. I thought I heard the one pounding on the door police open up. Joey and I separated and washed up our face quickly. Then we opened the door.

Once the door was open I man came rushing in. He showed us his badge as he looked around the room. He finally spoke up:

“I was here at the school for a matter with the principal. As I was getting out of my car I saw a kid running out of this restroom. He wouldn’t tell me anything as I tried to get information out of him. I thought there was a fight in this room. So is everything ok or do I need to take you guys to the principal’s office?”

“Everything is fine, sir!” Both Joey and I said at the same time.

“Then why does it look like you guys have been in a fight in here? Look at your fist sir.” He pointed to my hands as he said that.

“I was the one that punched that kid. Joey and I are like brothers and when I walked in here I thought Joey was in trouble. I thought I was pulling that kid off of Joey. But Joey was helping him with something in his eye.”

“Well son you need to get the facts before you start fighting everyone. I better take you to the principal’s office. As soon as that kid is looked at by the nurse he will be joining us there as well.”

I left Joey in the restroom as I was being taken to the principal. We walked across the street to the main building. When we arrived at the office I was instructed to sit down in the seat in front of the main desk.

He went into the principal’s office. He didn’t come out for a few minutes. Then he came back out followed by the principal. The principal waved me into his office. I got up and walked in and sat down.

“Jacob, explain to me why you were hitting Marcio in the restroom?” The principal asked as he was taking a seat behind his desk.

“Sir, as I told that detective, I thought he was punching my friend Joey. When I walked into the restroom it looked like they were wrestling. I pulled him off of Joey and just punched him. I know I shouldn’t have done that until I found out what was really happening. I just couldn’t wait and see if he was fighting with Joey!”

“Jacob you have never done anything like this before and that is what surprises me. I need to do something about this. Normally, I suspend the one that starts the fight. Do you feel you should be suspended?”

“You should do whatever you normally do, sir. If you suspend me for doing what I did, that’s fine. I need the rest anyway from all the things I have been doing.” I said with a little twinge of anger in my voice.

“Jacob, I am not saying that I am going to suspend you for this. I just know I am not getting the real story here.”

“Look sir, I just left a rough track practice this morning. I am tired from practice and I jumped to a conclusion and took it out on the poor guy in the restroom. For that, I am sorry!”

“Fine; I know you are getting more involved with school activities besides ROTC. What you need to do is find a way to fix that problem where it doesn’t affect the rest of your day.”

“I know that I have to figure out how to fix my problems before it affects me in other areas of my life. I am going to tell the coach I am going to quit the team today!”

“Jacob, don’t go making rash decisions like this on a whim. Give it some thought before you do something like that. Just keep your anger in check from now on. You are excused.”

I got up and left the office once the principal told me we were done. I didn’t know where to go. I was getting tired of this with Joey. Every time I turn around there is something weird going on with him. He explains it away each time. I just don’t know.

I decided I needed to think about everything that is going on. I am drowning myself in after school activities and my relationship is hurting. I will drop everything before I loose Joey. So, I decided to drop track. I headed over to the coaches office in the main building to speak with him.

When I got there I knocked on his office door. He yelled to come on in so I did. As I walked in he looked up from his desk.

“Jacob, to what do I owe this visit?”

“Well sir, I need to speak to you about the team and me!” As I started to talk, the coach gave me his full attention.

“Coach I really do not belong on a track team right now. Look at me; I am tall and skinny with not much muscle or physical ability. Your team knows that and that is why they are giving me such a hard time right now.

You have a great team here and there are plenty of other students that are probably better than me. Here I am interrupting the fabric of your team. You have a……”

Right as I was talking the coached stop me; “Look Jacob I know you are adjusting with team practice and all the stuff you are doing with ROTC. When you get out into the real world you cannot just throw a fit whenever something bothers you or is not going your way. You have to adjust to whatever life throws at you. Life is never easy and we are always being tested.

I am not only a coach with the track team, but also I am teaching you guys a little bit about life. What you might experience when you leave this school rather it is college, the military, or the private sector, you cannot run away from the problems.

Look let me put this way, Jake. I need you on my team no matter what you think. If you do love the team, and I know you do, just keep trying to adjust and you will see all things fall into place. As long as you are happy with what you are doing, who cares what others think? Life is never easy, Jake.

So if you came in here to leave the team Jake, forget it. I won’t let you quit this team; not only because you are a good on the track, but to teach you that no one should be run off from something they want to do. You will come to find this to be true. Trust me!”

I just looked at the coach with a smile on my face. I was pretty happy with what he just told me.

“Ok then Coach, thank you very much, sir!”

I left and headed back to the main building for breakfast. I know I have to deal with this thing with Joey. But, for right now, I need to take a breather from the drama of Joey and this thing with the other guy.

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

I walked out of the restroom with Jacob and that cop. I couldn’t believe I actually got Jacob in trouble. He wasn’t arrested or anything like that, but he could get suspended from school for fighting.

I really haven’t made it easy for Jacob in the last couple of months. First, there was those things with David and Tom. He believed me and let it go. Last Saturday he walked into the room at my aunt and uncle’s house and finds me in bed with two other guys.

I never did anything with those guys. They were drunk and passed out in my bed. I didn’t want to sleep on the floor or couch in my own house. Just my luck, Jacob comes in and catches me with these guys. Once again he believed me. I was telling the truth.

So now I could understand why he got so angry. If I was in his shoes and saw what he saw when he walked in the restroom, I would be pissed as all hell. I would not have stopped at the other guy. I could only imagine what it looked like when he walked into the restroom.

I walked over to the range to begin morning practice. I just couldn’t think straight at all. I was so worried about Jacob. I just sat watching the new Rifle Team members practice and gave them pointers. That is the only way I knew Sergeant Haney wouldn’t see my mind wasn’t into it this morning.

I finished up Rifle Team practice with Jacob on my mind the entire time. I knew he was mad. I have never seen him that angry before in my life.

There was so much going through my mind I couldn’t think straight. I was walking to the main building for breakfast when I saw the head coach heading towards the ROTC building. He saw me about to walk across the street and waved me over.

“Joey can you tell me about the fight you were involved this morning in the restroom of the ROTC building?”

“Coach I wasn’t fighting, sir! It was the other two in the restroom. I was trying to break the fight apart!”

“That isn’t what I heard about the fight. It started with you as the main reason the fight happened. Look, I am defending you with the team and you go and do this and lie to me about it. I won’t put up with fighting on my team.”

“Sorry coach it will not happen again, sir!”

“That is right. It will not happen again. Joey, you owe me four stadium runs this afternoon at practice. If you get involved in a fight again, you will be suspended from the next Friday game.”

I looked at the coach like he was crazy. “Yes sir. I won’t allow it to happen again!”

“I already spoke with Major Moore about the fight. We agreed that I will do the punishment instead of him or the principal. We do not get special favors for this team, Joey. I just have a deal with the principal that if one of my guys gets in trouble, I can put out the punishment, Joey, please stay out of trouble.”

I chuckled as he finished speaking. “Yes sir. I will do the runs after school. Here I thought I got out of it with a slap on the hand.”

“Trust me, no one just gets a slap on the hand, especially those on this team and more so, you. You belong to two different groups we do not want it to look like you are being treated any different than the others.”

I actually thanked the coach and walked towards the building to grab breakfast Jacob and the guys were not there. They must have eaten already and headed off to their morning routines. I looked at my watch and realized it was getting late. I put away my tray and headed out.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

Today is the first day we were going to go to the other Battalions of the Brigade. We are to show them how to start the newsletters and everything else we have done here at our Battalion.

We decided to do two schools a day; one in the morning and the other in the afternoon. We laid out the schedule to Fierro and he gave it to Colonel May.

Once I got to the ROTC building they were waiting on me. I decided to take several cadets that already sat on the Promotion Board; one NCO and one officer. Fierro was going with us because he is the Brigade Commander. I also was told that Sergeant Haney had to go along as the instructor in charge.

We headed out in Joey’s truck to Irvin High School. When we got there, none of us had any idea where to park. So we decided to park in the visitors parking spot. Lucky for us Sergeant Haney has been to all the schools with his Rifle Team, so he led us to the ROTC building of Irvin High School.

It was actually not a building at all. When we walked up to it we thought Sergeant Haney was lost. He took us up a set of stairs on the side of the bleachers. We went down a hallway that led to two metal blue doors. Once we went through the doors it looked like an ROTC building, pictures and all.

We went to the Senior Army Instructor’s office. At this school it wasn’t an officer in charge. Instead they had two Command Sergeant Majors running the program. We introduced ourselves as we were invited to take a seat.

Soon after that, the Cadet Battalion Commander and some of her staff showed up. They introduced themselves to us and said what each of them will be doing; who was going to be the editor of their newsletter and etc.

We spent the morning explaining how each item works and where to go to get the things they needed to get the job done. We spent a little more time on the newsletter than we wanted. As the clock was ticking toward lunch we were getting ready to go.

By the time lunch bell rang they understood the basics of each item. To me it wasn’t that difficult to get done. We had it all written out, step by step for each item. All they needed to do was select the correct cadet to run or put together each program.

We headed out to grab some lunch before we went to our next school. We grabbed a bite to eat at the Taco Bell down the street from Irvin High School. I haven’t eaten Taco Bell since I quit last year. I was ready to eat the food.

Once we were done eating we took off to Burgess High School. This time we didn’t have a problem finding a parking at the school nor did we have a problem finding the ROTC building. Just the same as in the morning, we met up with the instructors first then the cadets that were going to be running each program.

Of course it was the Battalion Commander and his staff plus several NCO’S he had picked out to run the other programs we were there to show them. They caught on a lot faster and didn’t have as many questions as the cadets from Irvin High this morning. We joked around a lot more with them as well.

The afternoon went faster than the morning. One of the reasons I figure, was because we were not looking at our watches every five minutes. Once we figured they understood pretty much everything, we left. Sergeant Haney and the others had to get back in time for practice after school.

Joey didn’t speed but he didn’t drive like an old lady either. We got back to the school with twenty minutes to spare. On the ride back I told Fierro we should, in a couple weeks, after we visit the last school, bring down the cadets from each school and see if they have any problems. He agreed and was going to run it by the DAI.

(TOM’S POINT OF VIEW)

Once I left the meeting in the morning I was more upset than ever. I couldn’t believe I lost my captain slot on the football team. I did speak with the team about Joey. It wasn’t my fault they weren’t listening to me. So I decided to go back to coach and speak to him about it. I worked too hard to get my captain position and then get it taken away.

I was about to head in to grab something to eat, when I saw the coach talking to someone outside of the cafeteria. At first I didn’t know who he was talking to. Then he called the student by his name. Joey was out there talking with the coach and the coach wasn’t happy with Joey at all. He actually told him he will suspend him if the fighting continues. Damn, it will suck for us if the coach does suspend Joey.

I just sat there listening to the coach. Some of what he said hit home as he was saying it. I need to get my affairs in order before I start complaining about others. Once I heard the meeting coming to an end, I got out of there.

As I was walking to my locker I couldn’t stop thinking about everything the coach said and what my mother has been telling me. I have been a real ass about things and now I see it. I need to figure out a way to fix all of this.

When I reached my locker, Heather was waiting for me. I knew what I needed to do. As I walked up to her and she knew something was wrong.

“Heather we need to talk about us, right now. Please follow me where we can talk in private.” I grabbed onto her hand and we started walking down the hall.

We reached the music room. I looked in and saw there was no one there. Heather and I walked in and sat down in the seats. Before I could even say a word, she spoke; “Tom I know there has been something bothering you ever since we got together. At first, I really didn’t know what it was. Then I started hearing the rumors about you and those guys you keep picking on.”

“Heather please let me explain what…….”

Heather interrupted me as I was talking. “Tom one thing I cannot figure out why you cannot be honest with yourself. I see it in your eyes that you love him. You need to stop hiding it and just deal with it.

If your friends on the football team can’t accept you as you are, then you don’t need them. I will always be your friend no matter what you decide to do. Just don’t let those pricks on the football team tell you what to do.”

I just sat there stunned with what she had said. Everything she said was true and to the point.

“Thank you Heather for everything. I am sorry if I hurt you in any way! You need to believe me, I didn’t mean to do so” I said with true remorse.

“You didn’t hurt me when we really didn’t fall in love with one another.” Heather got up with a smile on her face.

We walked out together as if nothing was wrong. I know now that we are going to be friends for a very long time. I do care a lot for her as a friend. Now I need to find David and see if I can fix the next part of this mess I created.

I also decided I need to sit down with the football team and come clean with them. I don’t know how either of those things are going to work out. I can only hope it will work out half as good as it did with Heather.

(JOEY’S POINT OF VIEW)

After putting my stuff away in my locker I went back to the ROTC building. As soon as I walked in, I headed to the large classroom to meet up with the guys that are going to the other battalions to show them how to work out the new programs. All of us were there except Jacob and he is the main one. Finally he walked through the door.

“Hey guys ready to hit the road?” Jacob asked not really looking at me.

We all said heck yeah and we headed out. We took my truck because it actually fit all of us in the one vehicle. On the ride to our first school we just talked about everything except school. What surprised me the most is that Sergeant Haney wasn’t getting mad with us about not talking about ROTC!

I was getting a little upset with these cadets at Irvin High School. First it looked like they hated us being there. We didn’t ask to visit their unit, we were ordered to. If they didn’t want us to be there they should have taken the option of us sending them a guide. But all the battalions opted to have us there in person.

Second they seemed to ask the same questions over and over again. I think they realized it was getting under our skin. They were playing dumb, maybe they were actually dumb. Anyways, Sergeant Haney saw what was going on and stopped it in its tracks.

One of the cadets got up and left the room. When he returned he had one of the instructors with him. He and Sergeant Haney talked in the corner. Sergeant Haney came back to the group and the instructor left.

Finally it was time for us to go. We were happy on the ride to the Taco Bell. Once again though, Jacob really didn’t pay much attention to me! We placed in our orders, one at a time. We didn’t pay as a group.

As I was taking my seat next to Jacob I saw him going to the restroom. I got up and followed him. No one else saw us heading to the restroom together. Right as I got to the door of the restroom the door shut in my face. I heard Jacob starting to lock the door, so I knocked on it. He opened it to look out and saw it was me so he left the door open.

I walked in and locked the door behind me. I turned around and saw Jacob at the urinal doing his business. I walked behind him and placed my left foot on the wall with my back leaning on it as well.

“Jake are you angry with me?” Jake turned his head to look at me.

“No Joey, I am not mad at you. Why do you ask if I am?”

“Because you really haven’t given me the time of day all morning long, so I was just wondering!”

“No, I just have a lot on mind, that’s all.”

“Share it with me and maybe I can help you out. That is what boyfriends for.”

“I know you can help me out and want to. We just got busy with this shit going to other battalions to show them what we have done. But they just don’t want to learn from cadets from another school.”

Right then someone was knocking on the restroom door. I opened the door to see who it was. Fierro just opened the door and came right in.

“Hey guys what is going on in here? Having another problem in another restroom?”

“No we are not having a problem!” I said with a little anger in my voice. “We were just talking about how those at Irvin High didn’t want us there.”

“Ah, don’t worry about them at all. You guys did what was asked of you. If they turned it into a joke and didn’t want to learn from you, then it is on them.”

Jacob and I shook our heads in the positive and walked out. We sat down at the table and joined in the heated talk that was going on with Sergeant Haney and the others. I just jumped in to give Sergeant Haney a hard time and he knew it.

Once we were done eating we headed out to our next torture of the day. When we arrived at the school it was looking up. We actually found a parking spot right off.

When we walked in it was all different here. The cadets wanted to learn and hear from us. The instructors were even nicer to us when we arrived. The afternoon went by fast. Before we knew it, it was time to go.

It wasn’t as if I was speeding back to school but I was going as fast as I could to get us back in time for practice. We already missed the lunch practice; we cannot miss the afternoon one as well.

We arrived at Newman almost twenty minutes ahead of the bell. We all walked into the office door, not the class room door. All except Jacob; he headed to practice with the track team.

I really wanted to talk more with Jacob before he left for practice. I knew we had a lot to discuss no matter what he said about not being mad. I need to be for sure he isn’t angry with me and believes me that was nothing going on this morning in the restroom.

Since Jacob headed to practice I decided to do my afternoon practice with the Rifle Team and then head over to football practice. I really wasn’t in the mood for either of the two, but it got my mind off of the problems I created.

Man, was practice harder today then it has been since I have joined the football team. Besides the four stadiums I owed the coach already the coach had the entire team run six stadiums. In total that afternoon I had to run ten stadiums. My legs hurt so bad I thought they were going to fall off.

Once I was finished running, I was put on the field. Still during practice the coach made sure I wasn’t tackled. I wasn’t wearing full padding during practice that day that I wore during the games.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

During practice I noticed Dr. Whitmore standing there on the side. He needed to talk with me about our last appointment we had. The coach allowed me to go up and talk with the doctor. As I was heading up to speak with the Dr. Whitmore, the coach followed.

I turned around and asked the coach; “What is going on coach? Am I in trouble or something?

“No Jake, I just want to hear what the doctor has to say, just in case Dr. Whitmore feels you need to quit the team due to health issues!"

We walked over to Dr. Whitmore who was sitting on the stairs of the stadium. I explained to him why the coach wanted to come. He had no problem with that. If we started talking about other things that don’t pertain to him or the program he would have to leave. The coach agreed to that.

“Jacob, the last time I saw you, your weight was getting better. You were weighing 178 pounds. Last week when I weighed you, you were down to 154 pounds. What worries me is that you might me sliding back like what happened a couple of years ago.”

I just looked at Dr. Whitmore when he was talking. I knew I was loosing weight I didn’t think I was loosing that much weight.

“Jacob what’s wrong? Are you sick and not telling me about it?” Dr. Whitemore asked with concern.

“No sir, I am not sick at all. I feel really good to be honest with you!”

“You know if the cancer came back we need to get in there before it gets out of control and we can’t stop it” Dr. Whitmore stated.

“I promise you Dr. Whitmore, I am not sick at all. I am just involved in a lot of school events, that’s all. I know I have to eat more and I am. I just can’t seem to gain my weight back.”

“Again Jacob, you need to come to me when things like this happen. I cannot stress enough to you about your system and how much different it is compared to others. We need to get you back up to around 180 pounds again” Dr. Whitmore stated.

“How are we going to do that doctor? Are you going to ask him to quit the teams he’s involved in right now until he gains the weight back?” The coach said with a worried tone in his voice.

“No, right now I don’t see that we need to make him quit any of the programs he is involved with. He needs to follow this diet to the fullest and drink more than just water out here during practice. PowerAde or Gatorade will do the trick for him and your other runners out here in the heat. Your meals should not be small but not large either; just more than three a day. The way you are burning through the fat in your body, you need to eat more.

Coach I need you to weigh Jake at least two to three times a week. I will weigh him the day of the track meets and make sure he doesn’t fall from the weight he is now and is gaining it. As long as he follows these steps, he can keep running.”

The coach looked happy when Dr. Whitmore said that. “I will be on top of this like there is no tomorrow. In fact I will be weighing all of my track runners at least twice a week along side Jake. That way I know they are in tip top shape as well.”

“That sounds like a good plan to me, Coach. If you need any help just let me know and I will try to give you a helping hand.”

With that we were done with the meeting with Dr. Whitmore. I shook the doctor’s hand and told him I will be calling him for answers to a couple of questions I have.

The coach already walked to the field when I turned and ran to Dr. Whitmore.

“Dr. Whitmore I know this is a weird question to ask, but I need to ask it. Do you do this with all you patients, sir?”

Dr. Whitmore just looked at me. “No Jake, you are the only patient I do this for!”

“Why is that, sir? Was I a bad patient when I was sick?”

“Jake you were not a bad patient; far from it. I just have been there through it all with you. You already know how I feel about you, Jake. You are my miracle patient from start to the end. Then to top it off here you are running track, beating the odds again.”

I smiled at him as he was talking. He has been the father figure I never had besides my grandfather. I love my grandfather to death, but this guy has sure been there for me. To top it all off, he doesn’t have to be checking up on me anymore!

“Jake you are a good person and you are going places; just don’t be your own worst enemy. Talk to me about your health. That is what I am here for, to listen!”

Dr. Whitmore rubbed my head and left. I ran back to the field right as the whistle was being blown that signaled practice was over. The team headed into the showers as I was running to catch up to them.

When I walked in, nothing had changed. The team was playing around. I joined in the playing as we headed to the showers. Once I showered, I got dressed grabbed all my stuff and my bag and headed out.

When I got to the ROTC building Joey was already waiting for me. Chase and David were waiting for me at the truck. I figure since David has been staying with us ever since he and Tom broke up, we have a new roommate.

I threw my bag in the back of the truck and we headed out. When we got to the house I was dead on my feet. I was barely able to get my ass from the truck, inside and in front of the TV but that was it. The guys were laughing at me but didn’t say anything.

David and Chase decided to go a grab us dinner. We all voted for ribs so they headed over to this famous rib joint that was just built.

Joey and I sat on the couch watching a movie. I leaned into Joey and rested my head on his chest. He wrapped his arms around me. I looked up to him and he knew what I wanted. He leaned down and we started kissing.

As we were kissing Joey moved his hand down my stomach to my crotch. He started fondling my dick through my pants. I got hard the moment my Joey touched me. I just love his hands all over my body. I knew as he fondled, even through my clothes, he truly loves me.

He unzipped the zipper of my pants and put his hand into my crotch. He grabbed a hold of my dick and started squeezing it through my boxer briefs. At the same time I felt his dick poking me in my lower back. He was hard as a rock as well.

Through the kisses I started moaning every time he squeezed my dick. I was so hard I could explode any minute. My moans were getting louder and louder. I was pulling Joey’s head closer to mine as we kept kissing.

All of a sudden we heard a knock on the front door. It scared the both of us. Joey pulled his hands out of my pants as I jumped up. I zipped up my pants trying to hide my hard on. That was very hard to do since I was so damn hard!

I walked over to the front door and answered it. To my surprise Tom was standing out on our front porch. I just looked him up and down and then invited him in.

I looked over at Joey hiding behind the door frame of the television room. I laughed to myself because I knew why he was hiding. I am surprised Tom didn’t see the hard on I had in my pants.

Words cannot explain the love I have for Joey. I really do love this guy from the first moment I laid eyes on him. He was my dream guy and I got him. I know we have had our ups and downs through the last couple of years. But, we are still together and that is all that matters.

Why do I keep staying with Joey if I think he is cheating on me, some may ask if I ever were to tell the story of Joey and I. Also some may ask why in the world Joey puts up with a guy like me? We learned to live with each other and all of our individual faults.

I know for sure this guy isn’t cheating on me. I just think because he is so damned handsome, I don’t deserve him. No matter what, our love has grown so tight nothing could break us apart. As the old saying goes, ‘We are our own worst enemies!’

I was brought out of my daze by Joey calling out for me. I looked at him then over to Tom.

“Tom! What a surprise! Why are you here man? I don’t mean to be rude, but you are the last person I thought would come around these parts” I said with honest astonishment.

“I certainly understand your feelings about me Jake. I wanted to talk to Joey about the football team. The guys are out side waiting for me to call them in. When we arrived they were all stunned that you live on your own and in this house.”

“Tom I really do not feel like talking with the team tonight. Not after the day I had.” Joey said coming down the hallway toward the front door.

“I know you don’t want to, but they would like too. Please Joey, do it for me and the coach. We need to get this put behind us and get on to playing good ball.”

“Ok Tom, go ahead and get the guys and bring them in” Joey said in resignation.

Tom left to get the guys as Joey and I sat in the living room. I walked over to the front door and looked out the window. Tom was out there talking to the guys. I looked over at Joey and saw a worried look on his face.

I walked over to Joey and started to kiss him to make him feel better. It looked like it was working until we heard the knock on the door. Joey tensed up again and just went and took a seat on one of the chairs in the den.

I walked over and opened the door to let the guys in. I pointed toward the den directing them to where to go. As they passed me some looked at me and others didn’t. I walked into the den when last guy came in.

I sat down on the other chair in the den while the guys just stood wherever there was space to stand. I waited to see who would talk first. It was Tom who spoke up; “Look guys, the reason we are here is to settle the issue we have with Joey here. What is the real reason you guys don’t want to have Joey on the team?”

Pretty much all the guys spoke up all at once. All of them said it was because of the rumors that Joey and I were gay and that just freaks them out. If Joey wasn’t gay they would have no problem with him being on the team.

Then they looked over at Joey and just went at it, commenting on the rumors about Joey and the summer before freshman year. Pretty much all of them said if freaked them out.

“Wait a minute here guys!” I stopped them from talking crap about Joey. “You do not come into my house and speak ill about someone in this house. If you have a problem with that person; you also have a problem with me. It seems none of you have anything good to say at all. You know, you are all assholes. A simple adding up of the points Joey has made on the field for the team and the resulting winning record should be more than enough reason to be thankful for his being on the team. Instead, this crap is what he gets. You arrogant and ungrateful jerks don’t deserve to have Joey on the team. It looks like you guys cannot solve your problems. Yes, it is you guys that have the problem and you can’t deal with it. What the FUCK are you afraid of? If Joey IS gay, do you think you can catch it? Do you think he’d jump your bones? Well, I don’t see much here worth getting worked up over. It seems to me that none of you has your balls hung on very tight. I think maybe you’re afraid you might like it if some guy did put the moves on you. I’ve said my peace, so it is best that you leave now.”

I got up angry ready to show them the door. Tom stopped me before I could get another word out.

“Wait a minute here guys. Let’s just all settle down here for a moment. Jake is right. We are in his house and we need to respect Joey and Jake in their home.”

As I looked over at Tom, he looked really nervous; more nervous than I ever had seen him before. He was sweating and was swallowing a lot. He looked over at Joey and then the guys again before he started speaking again.

“You guys know me. Most all of us grew up together. We went through elementary together, little league together, and slept over each others’ homes. So what I am about to say may surprise you guys. I am not going to hide this from no one anymore. If you need to point fingers to a person that is gay, you need to point them my direction. I am and have been gay ever since I can remember.”

It was so quiet in the room you could hear a pin drop, it was that quiet. No one, I mean no one said a word. As I looked around the room all you could see is stunned looks on every single face of the football team.

Then Tom spoke up again. “Look, we have been in so many different sports together since little league as I said before. I never once made a move on any of you. I never once looked wrong at you guys as if I am lusting after you. When we are in the shower I never popped a boner or played with myself. When we went out drinking and partying I never made a move on you guys even when you were so stinking drunk you couldn’t walk two steps.

You respected me then, and I hope you still respect me now. I figure what I am trying to get at is this: I have been gay right along side of you guys and I wasn’t any different. Now. with you knowing, it shouldn’t make a difference either.”

I was completely stunned with what Tom just did. Still there was no movement or a word spoken from the others in the room. Then finally one after another spoke up!

“You’re right man. There isn’t any difference with you being either out, or being in the closet. I still respect you and I know I am speaking on behalf of the team. We still respect you and don’t feel any different about you.” One of the defensive ends said.

The rest of the team pretty much said the same thing. They all went up to Tom and patted him on the back and then hugged him. I thought this was so damn cool!

Then turned to me and did the same thing. The next thing I was surprised about even more. They went over and hugged Joey as well.

I thought we had mended bridges before, not too long ago to be precise about it. It looked then, as it looks now, like we all are going to get along. Last time it didn’t last. Just as before, only time will tell. Once we return to school next week, we will see if they stick to what they said here tonight. For now, I will take what they have said at face value, but I will have my eyes and ears focused to see if it’s a façade or if it’s real. Time will certainly tell. Actions always speak more truly than words.

The atmosphere in the room changed hundred and eighty degrees. We sat there talking about anything and everything. The talk mainly centered on football and the school that that the team is going up against this Friday!

I heard the front door open and shut. I looked over and saw David and Chase walking in with our food. I completely forgot we had sent them out for dinner. I waved them over to the kitchen as we finished talking.

The next thing I heard took me totally by surprise. The rusher, the one I know was giving Joey the hardest time of them all, spoke up.

“Tom you need to stay and fix this thing with your boy over there. I can see you are still hot for him and him for you. Go over there and fix this thing between you two.”

I was just stunned to say the least. By the look on Tom’s face he was stunned too. Everyone agreed and headed out. I heard it said that Tom had gotten a ride with them so I told them I will make sure he gets home in one piece.

After they left Tom, just looked over at me pleading for help with his eyes. I got up and went over to the kitchen to speak with David. Before I could get one word out David was going at me; “What the hell is he doing here? You told me I was safe here from him and his friends. Then I walk in here and find them all here as if nothing had ever happened! Come on Jake ple…..”

I stopped him from going any further. “David you need to understand something. Tom did something I could never do myself. The guy has one fucking HUGE set of balls on him and you should know that.”

David just gave me a glare that could melt ice; “Well you know that because you have seen them in all their glory!

OK, I was getting pissed; “David, for once in your life, shut the FUCK up and LISTEN! He brought the football team over to talk with Joey. The coach made it loud and clear this morning this stuff needs to end between Joey and the football team. So Tom was being the leader of the team and he was doing what a good leader should do and make every effort to get the situation fixed.

When it wasn’t going anywhere, he finally just got up the nerve and told them if they were going to point a gay finger anywhere, to point the gay finger his direction.”

David’s eyes opened up wide as if he’d won the lottery or something.

I continued; “Look, he came out and told the guys he was gay and he wasn’t going to hide it anymore. So, David, he finally made the step you have been waiting for. Now, go and get him. Take him down to the game room for some privacy and talk your problems out. Don’t come back until YOU have YOUR problems fixed!”

“Jake he has said that before and you know that. I don’t want to get my hopes up as I did a week ago. Then it stays the same as before” David mused.

“I agree with you to a point, David, but, remember one HUGE thing is different now. Tom had never told anyone he was gay before. He kept that to himself and just us. Now he’s told the entire football team that he is gay. That is a positive step for you guys.”

“You’re right Jake, as usual! He’s never done that before. I will talk with him and see what happens now.” David said with a big smile on his face.

David just looked at me with that big grin. He then walked over to the den where Tom was pacing nervously. He whispered something in Tom’s ear. He followed David down to the game room. It looks like they are going to talk it out, finally, and get things resolved.

(DAVID’S POINT OF VIEW)

When we got downstairs to the game room Tom was just looking around. I forgot he has never been inside this house before. I told him to take a seat and we started talking.

Tom knew he needed to be the first to speak if this healing process was going to have any chance of working; “Before you say anything David I need to say this. I am very sorry for everything I have put you through this year. I know I told you I was never going to date anyone except you. I broke that promise to you just a few weeks after I made it. I don’t even know what was going through my mind when I did it. Ok; that’s just not true. I DID know what was going through my mind and it was bone chilling fear.

I do know this David; I love you with all my heart and I always will. Every time when I saw you at school, it hurt inside more than I can ever explain in words. I just wanted to go up and grab a hold of you and never let you go.”

“Why didn’t you do that then Tom? I have never stopped loving you. I just cannot keep getting hurt by you anymore!” David replied with his voice cracking with deep emotional pain surfacing.

“I promise you; I will NEVER hurt you again. I just came out to the entire team here tonight; right here in this house. Earlier today I told Heather I am gay. She knew it and wants to stay friends. Women; they seem to know everything.

My mom sat me down last night and talked to me. She told me to stop hiding from myself and be true to myself. That is a message I kept getting from so many, but I ignored it each time. My mom knows I am gay and has known for quite a while.

The biggest worry is gone now, David. The worry that I may be found out is gone now. I am finally free of fear and no longer have any reason or need to hide or lie, to anyone or to myself. I really, I mean REALLY love you David and I still want to be with you. I want you more then anything in this world” Tom said with total love in every word.

I just looked at Tom with tears starting to want to come out. I love this guy and I always knew he loved me. He just had to hide it from everyone including himself.

“Let’s do this Tom, for right now. Let’s start dating and getting to really know one another this time. That way we know when we do say we want to spend the rest of our lives together, we mean it and we know it’s right and real.”

Tom looked so damn happy. He jumped almost all the way over to me. We hugged and kissed for the first time since the trip to Disney World. I missed him so damn much.

We headed upstairs to find the others waiting for me to eat. We all separated the food evenly. That way Tom had some food to eat as well. We sat down in front of the TV and watched a movie while we finished eating.

Once we were done I leaned into Tom and he instantly put his arms around me. Joey did the same with Jacob as Jacob had his arms around Joey. Chase was the odd man out. I felt bad for the guy. We need to find him a girlfriend and fast.

As I looked over to Joey and Jake I saw something I could only wish Tom and I might have one day. Tom was looking at them too. They were just in their own little world as they sat there in front of the television.

Jake has his arms wrapped around Joey holding him in tight. Their fingers intertwined together as they rested on Joey’s chest. Every so often, Jake would lean in and give Joey a few pecks on his forehead. At the same time rub down his chest and stomach. They just looked like they belonged together. I clearly saw, in that moment, that I could never replace Jake in Joey’s heart at all. Joey and Jake truly love each other.

(JACOB’S POINT OF VIEW)

When I woke up I was in heaven. I had Joey with me in the same bed, all snuggled up. I looked over and saw I was about five minutes ahead of the alarm clock. I decided to give Joey a wake up call he wouldn’t mind waking up to.

I went under the covers and made my way down his sweet body. We always just slept in our underwear only; even during the winter when it gets a little colder.

I was kissing every part of his beautiful chest and stomach. I licked around his beautiful nipples and then inside his belly button. Joey moaned as I was licking inside his belly button. I could feel him getting hard under me.

I looked out of the covers and saw that Joey had a big smile on his face but was still asleep. I went back to what I was doing. I grabbed a hold of his dick and started squeezing while it was still in his boxers. His dick just felt right in my hand as I held onto it. I saw that he was leaking a lot of pre-cum. It was soaking through his underwear.

I went back down to the waistband of his underwear. I slipped my hands between the waistband and his skin. I pulled Joey’s underwear away from his body, allowing his hardened cock to pop up.

I looked at his cock all hard and leaking pre-cum. The head glistening with the wetness of his pre-cum. I pulled down his waistband of his underwear to allow me free access his dick and balls.

I gently grabbed his dick, it jerked as I held it, getting even harder. I went down and licked the head. Joey moaned again as I licked the head of his dick. He was enjoying what I was doing even though he was still asleep.

I then went down on Joey’s dick a little at a time. I was taking inch by inch down until I had his entire dick inside my mouth. I loved the feeling of his pubes rubbing against my nose. The moment I started to bob up and down Joey’s dick, I heard him moaning. Then about the third time as I was going down on him he woke up and got into the action.

“I would love to be wakening up like this every morning babe. Man does this feel so good. I thought I was dreaming but now I see I wasn’t” Joey said in a low, growling tone.

I kept bobbing up and down his dick. I have gotten to know my lover well enough to know when he is getting close. His toes curl up, his body tightens, and then his moans just get louder.

“Man Jake I am about to cum! If you don’t stop and pull of I will be feeding you a milk shake for breakfast!”

I just started going up and down fast then as he spoke. I wanted his milk shake so bad I couldn’t wait much longer. I didn’t have to wait much longer Joey before was spilling it out.

“Damn, Jake! I am going to shoot, I am shooting now. Damn your mouth feels so damn good. I am shooting……”

Joey shot four strong shots that hit the back of my throat and another three that hit the roof of my mouth. I just took every thing he was willing to give me. Once he was spent, I started to allow his dick to slip from my mouth. As his head started to exit, I started licking around it. I wanted every last drop of my lovers cum and then some.

Once I was done cleaning him up, we got up and headed to the shower. We jumped in and cleaned each other up. I love soaping Joey’s body up. I start behind with his neck then work my way down his back. Cresting every muscle in his back until I get to his bubble butt! I soap his butt up and spread his butt cheeks to clean in between them. I let the water rinse all the soap off and then I make sure the promise land is clean.

I separate his butt cheeks again and start to lick the rosebud. As I ensure his rosebud is clean I get my tong even deeper into his rosebud. As I sink my tongue in, Joey starts to moan and grasp for the wall. He doesn’t even have to touch his dick. About five minutes of me playing inside his rosebud, he shoots.

Once he shoots and comes down from his high I turn him around. I soap up his chest and play with the muscles on his chest. Start to soap up his stomach as I go down. I soap both feet then both of his legs. I leave the most important item to the end; his dick and balls.

I soap up my hands first then start soaping up Joey’s balls. As I am there cleaning his balls, Joey gets hard once again! I start to clean up to Joey’s dick with my soapy hands. I move up and down, leathering up his cock as I do it. Within seconds, Joey starts non-stop moaning and then shoots again.

I finish washing his dick once again and he stands under the shower head to rinse off. I knew we didn’t have enough time for Joey to do the same thing to me. Oh man, did Joey really want to return the favor. I as well was very hard and the only way I was going down was by release of the pressure build up.

Joey went to his knees and engulfed my dick. I was so damn horny, just his mouth sliding up and down my dick was bringing me to my climax. Then on top of all that, Joey was playing with my balls with his right hand. His left hand has a soapy finger up inside my butt. When his fingers were going in and out, it threw me into a different level.

“Joey I am going to cum man, here it comes…..”

As I started to explode, Joey wrapped his mouth around my dick. He drank it all; none of my sperm came out of his mouth. I just fell against the wall of the shower trying to catch my breath and footing. Man this felt so damn good, I just slid down the wall onto my butt on the floor of the tub.

Joey helped me up and rinsed off. Got out heading to the room to get dressed in a hurry! Since today was a uniform day and we had to be in the officers’ meeting, we had no time to waste. The moment Joey put on his uniform, my dick went hard again. Jeeze, will that EVER stop?

We went downstairs to grab something to eat and drink. As we entered the kitchen the guys were all standing there, including Tom. They just looked at us with big old smiles on their faces.

“Just don’t just stand there with those stupid smiles on your faces! Let’s get going before we’re late to practice!” I said grabbing the truck keys.

The whole way to school Joey and I had to put up with the teasing from the guys. It was in BARELY good taste and with love and humor. I loved Joey so much I didn’t care about the teasing at all anyway.

As we got out of the truck, Joey looked over at me and smiled.

“What’s with you, Joey with this big smile on your face like the guys? What? Do I have cum still in my hair or something?” I said while taking off my hat, running my fingers through my hair.

“No Jake I just noticed the Lieutenant Colonel rank on your shoulders. This is your first uniform day as Battalion Commander. It makes it all official now with you wearing them.” Joey looked at me again with that big smile.

We walked into the ROTC building and everyone snapped to attention the moment we walked in. I looked around and saw the Staff in the front as always.

“Stand at ease, ladies and gentleman. Take your seats.” I was commanding as I put my stuff up and walked to the back of the classroom.

I was followed by the Battalion Staff to the office. We went in and got our briefing from Major Moore and Sergeant Haney along with the Battalion Staff. Colonel Fierro was there just as an observer.

We walked out of the office to the front of the class room. Once again the officers stood at attention as Fierro put them at ease and then told them to take their seats.

“As you all know I was promoted to Brigade Staff so I no longer run this meeting. I know we have had several changes in the Battalion Commander slot this year. This change is the last one. You can tell your cadets in the companies that our Battalion Commander is Lieutenant Colonel Jacob Hernandez and will be so for the remainder of the year.”

The classroom broke out to applause as Fierro finished introducing me to the Battalion officers. I walked up and took my place as the Battalion Commander.

“Thank you all for the warm welcome to the position. I want to let you know nothing that has been put in place will change since I was the one that worked on most them.” The class broke out to laughter!

“This morning we will cover only a few things. I know many of you have to get to breakfast, like me, so we will hurry the meeting.” Again applause for what I just said. I hated sitting through a long, dragged out meeting that covered items over and over again.

I let the staff members each go up and cover their points first. They did them quickly, except Loraine. She seems to love to be a Grinch [Jacob, how nicely you put that! ED.] and scold the unit. I need to talk with her about that sooner rather than later.

“Ok; now that we have been told what we have been doing wrong, let me brighten up the morning. First of all, Major Luevano said, next week is the DAI inspection. We don’t want to worry our cadets to death about it. Let’s give them positive feedback and work with them on the trouble areas. I find the more we scold the cadets several things happen.

They actually get worse rather than better. They quit the program before they get the taste of or truly understand what we officers have to deal with. Also, the word spreads around campus that the program sucks.

Let’s not forget where we came from. We all started out as the scared private not knowing our face from our butt. Let’s guide them and teach them in what needs to be corrected. I know we will pass the DAI inspection with flying colors.

That is all for this meeting. By the looks of the clock we are getting you out in plenty of time to get breakfast from the cafeteria. Major Luevano; dismisses the officers.”

After Loraine dismissed the officers and she headed back to the out toward the office I asked to speak with her. We walked into Major Moore’s office to speak. Major Moore and Sergeant Haney stayed because they had too.

“Major Luevano I needed to talk with you about one item. The rest of the Battalion Staff was positive with the feedback they gave out to the Battalion. It seems you always need to talk down to the officers or any other cadet for that matter.”

“Let me stop you there Jacob” the Major interrupted. “We are not running a daycare center here. Everyone decided to join the program knowing full well what the program was all about. I am leading them, not coddling them like you do.” Loraine spoke with hate in her voice.

“Luevano! You wait a minute here.” Sergeant Haney spoke up as he stood up behind his desk. “Whenever you address a superior ranking cadet, you do not talk to that cadet in the manner in which you are talking. Further, you never call the superior ranking cadet by his or her first name when they are talking with you about an issue that needs to be solved.”

Loraine looked over to Major Moore for support but she didn’t get it from him. Instead he agreed with Sergeant Haney.

“Look, Major Luevano, all I am trying to say here is there is a right way and a wrong way to talk to our cadets. Talking down to them or at them isn’t it. We respect them and tell them what we need to have done. At the same time we do not do it a scolding manner either.

You are a great officer and leader in this Battalion. I am confident that you will lead our Unarmed Drill Team to victory once again this year. We don’t see eye to eye on much of anything. That has to be irrelevant. I need to be able to know I can depend on you as my XO, and that you will run the Battalion the way I say it will be run. If that doesn’t work for you, then, that will be you; not on me and I will react accordingly.”

All Loraine did was shake her head in the positive and she was dismissed. Major Moore and Sergeant Haney told me I handled the situation correctly.

“You give the cadets the feedback you need them to know to fix things that aren’t up to par, but at the same time, give them positive comments. That way they don’t leave the talk as if it was nothing but bad news. That is why, Jacob, she didn’t fight you when you talked to her with respect and yet let your expectations be clearly heard. She will do as you request of her. Now I know, without any reservation, I picked the right Battalion Commander to take over.” Major Moore said before dismissing me.

We only had one school to visit today. Since every one of us are in the afternoon classes we needed to be back to run the inspection of the day.

Just like yesterday, we piled in Joey’s truck and headed over to Austin High School. Joey and I are looking forward to visiting our old school. Joey drove straight to the school and got a parked right away.

Once we got out of the truck, we had to head to the main building to get to the ROTC building from where we were. It was their uniform day as well. You could see cadets walking around the front of the school.

Fierro stopped several of the cadets to put on their hats since they were outside. He even stopped several cadets because they didn’t bother to salute as they passed us.

One of the cadets actually was giving shit to Fierro when he instructed the cadet to wear his hat. The cadet didn’t see the rank on Fierro’s shoulder or thought since we didn’t belong to this Battalion, we couldn’t say anything to him.

As we were dealing with that cadet, one of his officers walked up. She was as stupid as the cadet Sergeant was. I couldn’t believe they thought they didn’t have to listen to the Brigade Commander! Now I know why the other cadet didn’t listen from the beginning.

As we stood there trying to get them to understand the rules of wearing the uniform the crowd was getting bigger. It seemed they were just looking for a fight no matter what. They had no idea what we were talking about, but they were rooting for a fight.

I looked over and saw Sergeant Haney’s face. He looked worried. The crowd of students was getting bigger by the minute. The funny thing is, the gathering students probably would have been the ones that wanted to fight the students in uniform ordinarily. This time they wanted cadets to fight one another.

I went up to the guys to pull them away. I started getting the feeling it wasn’t safe anymore. By the time I got up to Fierro it was too late. Someone from the crowd threw a punch and connected on Fierro’s face.

Before I knew it, everyone was trying to get into the fight. I was trying to pull the guys out of there. Fierro was pretty much in the middle of the fight and I couldn’t get to him. Each time I tried, I was pushed further away.

When I thought I had him, someone grabbed me by the shoulder and pushed me to the ground. As I saw the fist coming at me, I moved……….

TO BE CONTINUED………………..

[ Hey there, readers! Don’t you just LOVE cliffhangers? Our esteemed author is getting very good at crafting them!

Jake and Joey seem to be maturing in many ways, but very importantly, they are gaining vital relationship skills. Perhaps they will pass some of that wisdom over to David and Tom to help them avoid some of the same bumps they have suffered through.

I hope you are enjoying the story as much as I am enjoying editing it.

I’d enjoy hearing from any and all of you when you e-mail Jacob. He keeps me “fed” with your e-mailed comments, of both kinds. Like Jacob, I ignore flames. Comments, constructive criticism and suggestions are always welcome!

Keep those e-mails coming ! ED]

{It looks like once again the football team buried the hatchet with Jacob and the guys. But doesn’t this sound like how things happened before? Just a week ago, outside the bowling alley they did the same thing. Let’s see if they stay to the truce this time. Man it looks like Tom really grabbed onto his balls! He told the entire team he is gay and didn’t even look back at all. I really hope, once again, that the football team is true to their word. Jacob and Joey are just getting closer and closer to one another. Will there be something in the future strong enough to break these guys apart? What in the world happening here at the end of the chapter with Jacob and the guys at Austin High? Didn’t anyone of them get hurt real bad? When Jacob was finally tackled and the first punch was thrown did it connect to Jacob? It seems students will be students, always wanting a fight. There is a so much to answer in the chapters to come. Stick around and keep reading the future chapters, and enjoy! Please email me and let me know how I am doing at jacobmillertex@aol.com, Thanks!}

Copyright © 2014 JacobMillerTex; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 4
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

There are no comments to display.

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..