Jump to content
    jian_sierra
  • Author
  • 1,846 Words
  • 2,791 Views
  • 2 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Not A Kiss - 13. Chapter 13

Lee and Liam had to go back to the dorm a few hours later. Lee mentioned something about having a date. That came as no surprise at all, but I was curious whether Liam was going with him. I was about to ask Liam but then Cedric arrived.

“Ced, this is Liam, Lee’s friend. Liam, this is my roommate Cedric.”

They shook hands and there didn’t seem to be any friction between them like before. Liam probably wrote Cedric off as a threat because the guy was straight.

“Hi, Ced. I heard you have a date with Sam. Good choice, man. But if you ever decide to change preference, my brother here is a much better choice.” Lee said while giving me a pat on the back.

“Don’t mind him Ced. He’s just kidding. Ready for your date?” I asked while pointedly ignoring Lee.

“Yep,” Cedric said with a huge grin.

“Hey you two, Liam and I have to go. Enjoy your date Ced,” Lee said as he waved goodbye.

I placed a hand on Liam’s shoulder as he was about to go. He turned around and before he could say anything or even react, I gave him a brief hug which was finished as soon as it began. When I let go of him, Liam was smiling.

“Bye, Liam,” I said, which reminded him he had to go. He followed Lee outside and a few minutes later, I heard a car leave.

“What was that about?” Cedric asked.

“Nothing. Liam and I just have so many things in common. I think we can be good for each other.” I didn’t find it necessary to go into details with Cedric. How can I possibly explain to him what Liam and I have? I didn’t even know myself.

“You two going out or something?”

“As a matter of fact, we will,” I said.

“Hm,” Cedric murmured. I couldn’t really read Cedric that well. Must be because he was straight.

“Anyway, what are you going to do tonight?” he asked as the two of us went to my room.

“I don’t know yet. Most probably, just hang out with my parents.”

“Why don’t you come with me and Sam?” he asked eagerly.

“What? This is your first date and you want me to tag along?” I shook my head in disbelief.

“Sam’s your best friend, I’m sure she won’t mind. Besides, it would make me less nervous if you were there. I’ll owe you big time buddy.” He looked at me with what I called his ‘flirty’ smirk, which I found irresistible. How could I possibly refuse?

“Ok, but only if Sam agrees,” I finally relented.

Cedric took out his phone in an instant and quickly dialed a number. He kept his voice low so I couldn’t hear what he said but as soon as he hang up, he had a triumphant grin pasted on his lips.

“You’re going with us buddy. I promise you won’t feel left out.”

I was not concerned about being left out. The thing I dreaded was how I’d react when I saw Cedric with Sam. I had this horrible feeling I would be jealous.

********************

“Is that what you’re wearing?” Cedric asked while he looked me over. I was already feeling insecure especially since Cedric looked amazing as always. There was something in Cedric’s voice which made me want to go back inside my room to change.

“Yeah, something wrong about it?”

Cedric didn’t say anything but continued looking at me. I swear, if the guy wasn’t straight, I would say he was checking me out.

“Um, shall we go?”

It was only then that Cedric looked up to meet my face. He was smiling while I had a slight frown on my face. After we said goodbye to my parents, we walked side by side towards his car.

“Are you sure this is a good idea?” I asked.

“I already told you not to worry. And stop pouting, it makes me want to...” But Cedric didn’t finish what he was going to say. Instead, he shook his head.

“I know I’m making you crazy with all my worrying and I’m sorry. I just don’t want to ruin your first date with Sam.”

The two of us were already seated in his car. Cedric turned towards me and smiled.

“Just stop worrying please. I’m already nervous as it is. You’re here to help me relax, remember?”

I nodded and didn’t say anything more. Cedric started the car and we were on our way. I was surprised at first that we didn’t take the road going to Sam’s house but Cedric explained he received a call from Sam and she said to just meet her in the restaurant since she was somewhere in the vicinity with a friend. There weren’t that many restaurants in the city. The one we were going into was frequented by students since the food was great but the price affordable. Sam and I came here often.

We went inside the restaurant after some trouble finding a parking spot. The parking lot was almost full and so was the restaurant itself. I was glad Cedric reserved a table in advance. I really didn’t want to wait for hours.

“Wow, I think I should go into the restaurant business,” Cedric announced when we finally sat down.

“I reckon you can as you obviously have money,” I said, “but it’s not always like this here. The crowd only comes during Friday and Saturday nights.”

I watched Cedric as he looked around the restaurant. He usually seemed so laid back and carefree so it was a bit of a shock to see him appraise the restaurant like an expert businessman.

When he was finished surveying the restaurant, he looked at me. He fixed me with a penetrating gaze that I found myself blushing. Good thing Sam came to the rescue. Or so I thought.

“Dan!” Sam almost shouted. I frowned at her but she didn’t care. She approached our table with a wide smile on her face. I was even more irritated that she’d dressed so casually. Cedric wasn’t wearing formal clothes but it was obvious that he made an effort to make a good first impression.

“Hi, Ced,” she said as she eyed Cedric. I think it was only then that she realized the difference in their level of clothing because her cheeks flushed pink.

“Hi, Sam,” Cedric said with an amused smile on his face.

I moved my lips close to Sam’s ear.

“What were you thinking?” I whispered, tugging on her shirt.

She turned her head so our faces almost touched.

“I’m sorry,” she said in a hushed voice for only me to hear. “I didn’t think this was going to be a big deal.” She seemed genuinely embarrassed that she was underdressed. To prove it, she placed a kiss on my cheek.

“Ced, I brought a friend. I hope you don’t mind. I didn’t want dear Daniel here to feel left out,” she said aloud to Cedric while she gently patted my cheek as she said ‘dear Daniel.’

Cedric’s face suddenly became serious whereas I immediately looked towards the front door of the restaurant. That was when I saw Joey coming inside.

“Sam!”

I was almost trembling in anger and Sam was looking at me with fear on her beautiful face. But before she could say anything, Joey finally arrived at our table.

“Hi guys.”

I didn’t look up. My attention was fixed on the table centerpiece, a vase of red and white roses with two aromatic candles on each side. I couldn’t help but look at Cedric. A large frown creased his forehead.

“Joey, this is Cedric. Cedric, Joey,” Sam said. Her voice had a note of hidden panic as if she expected me to start shouting at any second. I didn’t of course, but I thought about it.

Joey sat himself directly across from me.

“Dan, I... I asked Sam to take me with her. I just wanted to hang out like before. I don’t have any ulterior motives.”

My anger dissipated a bit when I saw Joey’s reaction. He looked genuinely sorry.

“Did you even stop to think that this night is about Cedric and Sam? It’s their first date!” I didn’t manage to cover the slight edge in my voice as I spoke.

“Ced, I’m sorry,” I said to the unusually quiet Cedric. “Your night is not yet ruined. I’ll go.”

“You’re coming with me.” The words were directed at Joey.

I got up and Joey followed. Neither Cedric nor Sam made any move to stop us. I turned and looked back at the couple just before I finally stepped out of the restaurant. The two sat as if frozen. They weren’t even looking at each other. Why did I agree to come here?

I slumped down on the sidewalk. I could feel Joey was behind me, but I didn’t care. I could keep on blaming Joey for everything, but I knew deep inside there was another feeling besides anger which raged within me. I was jealous. I wanted Cedric for myself. It was only bad luck on Joey’s part that he was there.

“Are you ok?”

“I’m fine. What are you still doing here?” I asked.

Joey sat down on the sidewalk beside me.

“Because I think you need a friend right now.”

“I’m sorry,” I said while looking at Joey. I suddenly realized how good he looked with the faint moonlight illuminating his face on a dark background.

He smiled weakly at me.

“Care to explain what that was about?”

“No,” I said.

“Can I venture a guess?”

He had this sad expression on his face which made me look away.

“I think you’re in love with your straight roommate. I also think that I waited too long to come back,” he said. The regret in his voice was unmistakable.

I didn’t say anything.

“I’m saying this as your friend, just let go. You’re in for a lot of heartache if you continue this.”

I sighed.

“I know. But it’s not as if I can just switch this feeling off.” I couldn’t believe I just indirectly said I was in love with Cedric.

He took my hand and held it. Somehow I didn’t get the feeling that I was being taken advantage of. Instead, I felt comforted.

We sat there for I don’t know how long.

“If this is your idea of a date,” I teased, “don’t expect a second one.”

“Oh, why not?”

“First off, the place is horrible. The seat is very uncomfortable. And where are the waiters? I’m starving.” which wasn’t far from the truth.

“Want us to go back inside to grab some food?” Joey offered.

Joey was already on his feet. I was getting myself up using his hand for support. He was still holding my hand when my phone rang.

It was Liam.

“You’re out on a date,” Liam said when I answered the call.

“How’d you know?” I asked puzzled.

“Because I can see you.”

Copyright © 2010 jian_sierra; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

Uh-huh... Things get heavy! I definitely would not want to be in Dan's shoes NOW.

 

I had no idea though, that he was in love with Cedric, but Dan must be really confused right now. He can love all the three boys in different ways - as long as he ends up with Joey. Just all I'm saying :)

Link to comment
On 04/01/2011 07:21 PM, Marzipan said:
Uh-huh... Things get heavy! I definitely would not want to be in Dan's shoes NOW.

 

I had no idea though, that he was in love with Cedric, but Dan must be really confused right now. He can love all the three boys in different ways - as long as he ends up with Joey. Just all I'm saying :)

Yeah, I totally agree. There are different kinds of love. But whom would he choose?
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..