Jump to content

The Light at the End of the Tunnel 3. Hybrid Journey

   (15 reviews)
Light Cover.jpg

Caleb Micco has been merely existing ever since his banishment from his Montana pack-- living in Texas, but refusing to become part of the pack willing to take him in. His thoughts are leading him down an ever-increasing dark path. Can a chance encounter with a local farrier make a difference in his life? Bigger question- can it make a difference in the lives of the hybrids stuck between human and wolf?

This is the third installment of the Hybrid Journeys series is not a stand-alone story. Spirit Wolves and Shadow Effect. MUST be read first. 
Copyright © 2023 kbois; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (48 members)

  • Action Packed 46
  • Addictive/Pacing 47
  • Characters 47
  • Chills 27
  • Cliffhanger 35
  • Compelling 40
  • Feel-Good 30
  • Humor 27
  • Smoldering 26
  • Tearjerker 30
  • Unique 37
  • World Building 35

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Danilo Syrtis

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

3rd and last book of the hybrids serie focused on Caleb.

As usual, our Cliffies Queen loves to make you do emotional rollercoasters along with cliffhangers 😆

Response from the author:

Oh, my loveable geek. I truly love making you suffer through the cliffies the most. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 12
Link to review
Mrsgnomie

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

This entire series was great, but Light was the best of them all. Everyone knows I have a soft spot for Caleb, but of all the characters, he truly has the best arc and the most depth. He went through so much, and in the end, he came through. Perfection looks different for different people. He was never going to be Alpha again, but I think he made out pretty good. 

A definite re-read, or first read if you haven't already. 

Response from the author:

Yes, we all know you and @84Mags have unequivocally claimed Caleb. Thanks for being an adequate editor 😘

  • Like 2
  • Love 11
Link to review
Howzat

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Lets get one thing straight - if you think you don't like reading shifter stories (you're wrong of course) then reading this trilogy will completely change your mind! Also, don't call them werewolves - they are wolf shifters!!

@kbois keeps stunning her many readers by her writing style, plot twists and the eponymous cliffies - you'll have to read the comments to find out all about them!

Don't start reading from this story - you must go back to book one of the trilogy or nothing will make any sense to you.

Response from the author:

I'm awed by the satisfaction my readers have derived from this series. It's readers like you who give me the drive to keep writing. Despite going MIA and giving us a scare, I'm honored to have had you along for this spectacular ride. Thanks!

  • Like 1
  • Love 11
  • Wow 1
Link to review
leeoeder

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

All anyone can say about this series is that you must read it!  You will will not be let down with this story, or anything written by kbois.

Response from the author:

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm happy you enjoyed the stories! ❤️

  • Like 2
  • Love 10
Link to review
Daddydavek

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

This final book in Kbois'  shifter series provides everything a reader could ask for including a happy ever after!

Shifters, wolves etc are not my usual preferred genre, but the excellent writing, wonderfully drawn characters, and exciting plot developments drew me in to this masterful series.  I highly recommend it.

Response from the author:

Into everyone's life some hot shifters must fall. Thanks for giving this a try. It's always satisfying to convert a heathen.

  • Like 1
  • Love 12
Link to review
Cane23

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Light at the end of the Tunell is the third and the ultimate book of the Hibrid Journey trilogy. It brings back beloved characters in their final confrontation against the evil lion shifter. Mainly focused on the Caleb, and his journey from fall to redemption, this is story of love, healing and victory of good. 

Without doubt a masterpiece and classic literature of GA, a fantasy world which @kbois has created is the place you will come back to read and reread. 

Response from the author:

You've been a welcome addition to the Krew! I'm so glad you found your way to this series and enjoyed it so much. 😉❤️

  • Like 1
  • Love 12
Link to review
akascrubber

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Well worth reading. This story will leave you very satisfied.

It has it all-love, passion, evil, individuals you grow to value and some to hate and fear, monsters,  shifters, magic, serious fighting, uncertainties, mysteries and several cliffies. You will truly enjoy the engaging, long ride to the end.

Response from the author:

Thanks so much. You're loyalty and dedication to the stories means a lot. I'm looking forward to whatever my next endeavor brings so I'll see your reactions and comments again!

  • Love 12
Link to review
weinerdog

· Edited by weinerdog

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

For any of you who might pass on this series because wolf shifters are not your thing please make an exception for this one,This author has a way of making any topic interesting.IMHO your best stories are character driven and on this aspect this author hits a home run (without steroids I might add)

Readers of this series will know what I mean here. @Mrsgnomie just had to be the first reviewer also😄

Response from the author:

Thanks to my favorite dachshund ever. You've made me snort-laugh more than anyone else. I'm glad you enjoyed the series.

  • Love 12
Link to review
chris191070

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

The 3rd and final chapter in the Hybrid Journey. Don't even bother reading until you've read the first two chapters.

This book focuses on Caleb and his redemption. But all your favourites feature as well, along with a few new faces.

What follows is the amazing adventure of Caleb, a fallen Alpha as he trys to sort his life out and atone for his mistakes.

This amazing will have you reading on in shock, laughing at times, crying at times and angry at other time.

This book and the trilogy are highly recommended.

Response from the author:

Chris, you are truly author's favorite reader. Even if you do have a bazillion cats. Thanks for coming along for this long-ass ride. I've enjoyed your race to the top of each page of comments. ❤️

  • Like 1
  • Love 11
Link to review
centexhairysub

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

It is a hell of a ride from start to finish.  This saga has it all.  The writing is first rate.  There are some amazing characters; a couple among my favorite on this site.  One in particular starts out as almost an afterthought; and yet becomes oh so important to the story and all the readers who came to love him.

You need to read the books in order, but start and you will not be able to stop.

Response from the author:

Yours is another review that I deeply appreciate. I know you don't hold back if something is not up to par and I'm so pleased I could create something that is worthy of your 5 stars. 

Thank you!😘

  • Love 9
Link to review
RainbowPhoenixWI

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This series, and especially this last book, is probably the best roller coaster ride you could find. A gripping story line and several stand out characters, even after the third reread(of the trilogy) it still pulls the heart strings and gets the blood flowing. Seriously, go back and read them all again, I know you missed something. 

Response from the author:

Thank you for ditching @astone2292 and jumping into my world. It's been a pleasure having you along and it makes me happy to know I've written something that makes you want to read it multiple times. 🥰

  • Love 9
Link to review
84Mags

· Edited by 84Mags

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

For purely personal reasons I made a decision to no longer write reviews. But when an author somehow reaches into your imagination and brings forth a story about your character, the one you somehow found yourself thinking and worrying about, the character you had to remind yourself wasn’t actually real, well, that deserves a review. This story isn’t solely about Caleb and his justifiable redemption. It is about hope, forgiveness, perseverance, and the power of uniting for the greater good to defeat evil. I mentioned in my final story comment that this series of three books should be published. They are creatively written by a very talented, inventive author. If you enjoy shifter stories, you will be completely enthralled. 

Response from the author:

I will miss you and @Mrsgnomie steadfastly defending Caleb’s honor. 

Speaking of honor (see what I did there?), I am the one who am honored to have your coveted review. It's always a pleasure to see how one or more of my characters touch a reader's heart and I'm so happy Caleb touched yours. ❤️

  • Love 8
Link to review
Doha

· Edited by Doha

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

Light at the End of the Tunnel is the 3rd part of The Hybrid trilogy, and I think, the best read of the three.

Engaging writing and well-developed characters deaw us into the story and before we know it we are players on the stage along with the characters. 

With some very high highs, and alarmingly low lows, Light will absorb you for hours and leave ypu gasping for more! A fantastic read!

Response from the author:

Thank you. I think it's every author's goal to draw their readers into their stories. I'm happy it worked for you. 

  • Love 8
Link to review
raven1

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

This is a wonderful story of good conquering evil, but even more importantly, of healing and rebuilding a future for the victims of evil. It is the pinnacle of the success of a wonderful series of stories, the Hybrid Journey.  Kbois has earned her title as a Promising Author, but in my opinion, she has produced stories well beyond the scope of that title. The three stories in this series all check off all the boxes in the Recommends.  These stories are not only highly recommended by a huge number of readers but also have a huge number of 5-star reviews. My only advice is to start from the beginning. I highly recommend this series of stories; no matter what genre you like, you will love these stories.  

  • Love 7
Link to review
mdm6303

· Edited by mdm6303

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

This trilogy is a true work of art! Woven together so simply and perfectly it appeals to be effortless yet that itself is the true sign of a brilliant writer! Creator of a woven tapestry of color that could only exist as he's created ....

The balance, of human/wolf  emotion, pleasure laughter, pain, fear and determination are all felt here with so much more. I cannot recommend this story strong enough.

I'd love to see this in a bookstore and purchase it for my shelves... 

 

Response from the author:

Thank you!

I don't have any plans to self publish but one never knows

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..