Jump to content
    Mark Arbour
  • Author
  • 5,607 Words
  • 9,057 Views
  • 20 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

HMS Valiant - 12. Chapter 12

A day early this week.

September 23, 1799

Portsmouth, England

 

The boat pulled up to the dock, and Granger hopped out and then held out his hand to help William. William’s governor and the four footmen followed them. “Jacobs, will you arrange for a post chaise to take Lord Ryde and these other gentlemen back to London?” Granger asked politely, using William’s title.

“Certainly, my lord,” Jacobs said.

“You will want to arrange for some food for the journey,” Granger said to the other men. He gave them some coins and sent them off. Granger then gave William some coins as well. “In case you want to buy something on your journey.”

“Thank you, Father,” he said. “And thank you for letting me sail with you.”

Granger smiled at his son. “I enjoyed it. I will be gone for a while, but I will try to take you to sea again when I get back.”

“I would like that.” Granger took that opportunity to point out the dockyard, and to talk about the ships that were being repaired or built there. William seemed interested, at least as far as Granger could tell.

“We’ve got a post-chaise here, my lord,” Jacobs said. The carriage clattered up to the dock.

“Thank you, Jacobs. Please see that Lord Ryde’s trunk is stowed,” Granger ordered.

“Certainly, my lord.”

They walked over to the carriage and found the other men had returned with food. “Take care of yourself,” Granger said to his son.

“You too,” he said, with a weak smile. Then Granger helped him into the carriage.

“Portland Place,” Granger said to the driver. He acknowledged Granger’s instructions, cracked the whip, and the post chaise sped out of the city, as such vehicles were wont to do.

Granger got back into his boat in a melancholy mood. He’d enjoyed having William with him, and that had distracted him from his problems with Caroline. “To the ship, my lord?” Jacobs asked.

“To Cowes,” Granger said. He decided that he might as well enjoy a bath.

“Aye aye, my lord,” Jacobs said. Valiant was anchored near his home, because they would use the reservoir there to stock up their water, and replace the water that had been less than pure. It felt strange to row past her without stopping.

They had arrived at Spithead yesterday. The guard boat had come by and delivered some letters from London. There was a letter from Lord Elgin informing him that he and his entourage would arrive on the 28th, and would be ready to depart then. There had also been a letter from his father, telling him how the King continued to talk about how much he had enjoyed the party aboard Valiant. But there was no letter from Caroline, Cavendish, or Arthur.

The boat pulled up to the dock, and Granger looked at the beautiful home that Nash had built for him. Perhaps he could acquire some more Greek or Roman artifacts to augment the sculptures he already had. That could possibly be the upside to this trip to Constantinople, one which Granger dreaded. He knew that Lady Elgin would be an infernal nuisance, and he knew that as penurious as Lord Elgin was, Granger would have to supply the stores for their dinners. He almost sighed out loud, an unthinkable gesture for Granger, especially when he was in front of his gig’s crew.

He realized that while he’d been quite adamant that he was going to wait for Caroline to tell him of her liaison with Treadway, not knowing was going to cause him endless internal agony. He had found himself guessing at what it was, and when he did, that only made him angrier. Since Caroline would not explain it to him, there was only one other way to discover what had happened. Or so he thought.

The gig tied up to the dock, Granger stepped ashore, and then turned back to Jacobs. “Please ask Major Treadway to join me for dinner. He should be here at 1:00.” That would give Granger a couple of hours to prepare for his arrival.

“Certainly, my lord,” he said. Granger strolled up the walk slowly, taking time to admire his beautiful home. Granger found Jenkins waiting for him, along with Winkler.

“Welcome back, my lord,” Jenkins said.

“Thank you. I have invited Major Treadway to join me for dinner, and then I will show him the baths. I have directed him to arrive at 1:00.”

“We will make sure both are ready for you, my lord,” he said, and went to attend to those arrangements.

“Winkler, when the gig returns with Major Treadway, you may send it back to Valiant. If Jacobs wishes to remain, he may.”

“Thank you, my lord,” he said, then got a bit nervous. “Might we have a word in private, my lord?”

“Certainly,” Granger said. He led Winkler into his study, and shut the doors firmly behind them.

“Last night, one of the footmen with Lord Ryde had a bit too much to drink, and he was talking about a few things,” Winkler said nervously. “Jacobs shut him up right quickly, but not before he told several of the men.”

“And what did this footman reveal?” Granger asked curiously.

“This happened when you had gone up to Bridgemont, my lord, and Her Ladyship was still in London,” Winkler said. He was so nervous he was almost shaking.

“That would have been in April, if memory serves,” Granger said. He put his hand on Winkler’s shoulder to steady him, and led him over to the chairs, where they both sat down.

“That’s correct, my lord,” he said. “Her Ladyship had gone out to a party of sorts. She came home and was a bit drunk, and ordered that the baths be prepared.”

“She was just a bit drunk?” Granger asked.

“I suspect she was quite a bit drunk, my lord,” Winkler said. “Shortly after she arrived home, Lord Cavendish and Major Treadway arrived.”

It took all of Granger’s effort to maintain his calm façade. “And what happened after those gentlemen arrived?”

Winkler swallowed hard. “The three of them went into the room with the baths. Her Ladyship ordered that they weren’t to be disturbed, so no one knows what happened there.”

“Thank you for sharing that with me,” Granger said. His insides were boiling, but he remained cool on the outside. “I knew something happened, but I did not know what it was, and Her Ladyship would not share it with me.”

“Begging your pardon, my lord, but maybe she was too embarrassed to tell you,” Winkler said.

Granger smiled at him. “I suspect that is true. I think I will go upstairs for a bit. Please alert me when Major Treadway arrives.”

“Certainly, my lord,” Winkler said.

Granger went up to the solitude of his room and sat in a chair, looking out at Spithead. He saw his ship there, with the rest of the Channel Fleet anchored behind her. But he was too agitated to sit idly, and so Granger stood up and began to pace in his room, back and forth, allowing the physical effort to help defuse his emotions.

The footman had revealed the clue, and explained what surely must have happened. Caroline had gone out to a party, and somehow had ended up coming back to their home with both Cavendish and Treadway. She’d joined them in the baths, and had a ménage a trois with them. Granger let the fury envelop him, and increased the pace of his stride to help offset it. It was not as if he had neglected Caroline since he’d been home. If anything, he had been a more willing partner than she had. He’d gone to Bridgemont for a fortnight, but that was too long for her to restrain her desires? If this had happened while he was at sea, he would not be nearly as upset as he was. He had always assumed that the reason she had an affair with Prince William of Gloucester was because Granger was gone, and she was lonely. Yet in this situation, he was not gone for an extended period, he was only gone briefly, but she had still been unable to restrain herself.

His mind shifted to Cavendish, and his anger only grew. Cavendish was his best friend, the man he relied on both as a lover and a confidante. He had trusted Cavendish completely, and had never imagined that Cavendish would betray him like this.

Then the anger changed to despair, as Granger took an inventory of those whom he counted among his most trusted stalwarts. Despite all that he had done for Calvert, Calvert had blithely tossed him aside for another man. Caroline had betrayed him in the worst way, by scandalously cuckholding him. Cavendish had been her willing partner. John Travers was dead. The only two men whom Granger still felt a deep bond with, Lord Chartley and Somers, were in the Far East, half a world away. He had felt lonely before, and had chided himself for being dramatic, but he had been right. He was indeed alone.

His mind had worked through the rage enough to calmly look at the situation. Winkler had said that Caroline had probably been embarrassed, and that was actually the only logical explanation for how she had behaved. If it had been a simple affair, she could have told him and he would have forgiven her. But this was no simple affair. She had evidently brought two men home with her and done God knows what with them. Just the thought of the three of them, in his baths, having sex, was enough to refuel the anger within him. No wonder Caroline didn’t tell him. It is likely he would have banished her to Bridgemont. It was a stunning error on her part, a gross lack of judgment. If this story got out, if the blabbering footmen spoke to others, she would be called a whore behind her back, and would be shunned. It was one thing for a married woman to have an affair. That could be overlooked. But for a married woman to entertain two men at the same time, when neither was her husband, was scandalous. Once again, Caroline had risked everything, her reputation and standing, and their family, to sate her desires.

Granger stood up and began pacing again. He had notable successes on his record and he had rewards to show for them. He was extremely wealthy in his own right, and not simply because of the property he had inherited or the investments Caroline had made; he was wealthy because of his own successes and luck with prize money. He had assiduously worked to be politically astute and to advance himself and, by extension, his family. Up until this moment, Caroline had been a reliable partner. But with this one encounter, she had thrown all of that into the air, put everything at risk. All that he had worked so hard to build, she would squander to satisfy her lust.

He wanted to believe that she loved him, that she cared about him, but he was unable to do so. She knew how close his friendship to Cavendish was, how much he relied on the young peer, yet she had still seduced him. Granger stopped himself, and with his fussy sense of justice, decided that he didn’t know exactly what had happened in the baths that night. She may not have actually had sex with either one of those men. That thought should have cheered him considerably, but it did not. Even if she had done nothing with Treadway and Cavendish, for her to have sequestered herself away with them was damaging enough.

He thought about the situation, trying to decide how to react to it, and just as he did when confronted with an enemy ship he must engage, he evaluated his strengths and weaknesses, and began to chart a course on how to solve his problem. The first thing he must do is to ascertain exactly what had happened in the baths, and that would have to come from Treadway. Once he had that information, there was really only one person left in England whom he could trust: his father. He would have to go to London.

The door to his room opened slowly, and he noticed Winkler peeking in. “My lord, Major Treadway is here, and dinner is ready.”

“Excellent,” Granger said, surprising Winkler with his mood. Winkler had expected him to be either morose or furious, which was not unreasonable since those were the emotions that had all but overwhelmed him for the past two hours. But Granger had a plan and a purpose now.

He descended the stairs and found Treadway in the foyer, waiting expectantly. It was impossible to ignore his amazing looks. If Caroline had succumbed to his charms, he would probably have been able to forgive her. “You asked to see me, my lord?” Treadway asked.

“I did. I am hoping you will join me for dinner,” Granger said, leading him into the dining room. “We have much to discuss.”

“Of course, my lord,” Treadway said, and his nervousness was quite pronounced now.

They had removed the leaves in the table to make it intimate, almost romantic. As soon as Granger and Treadway sat down, the servants brought in the food, and then left them. Granger acted as the good host, carving the roast beef and sharing it with Treadway, and commenting on the sauce that Lefavre had made to garnish it. They had a stunted conversation about inane things, one that left Treadway even more nervous than he’d been when he first arrived. It was inappropriate for Treadway to force the issue to the forefront, so all he could do was wait for Granger to do it, and Granger showed no signs of ending his torture. It was not until they had completely gorged themselves, that Granger opted to have the conversation he must have with Treadway.

“Let us enjoy a cigar on the veranda,” Granger said, leading Treadway out to the patio where they could see Valiant, and the rest of the fleet beyond her. A servant brought cigars, and helped light them, then he disappeared, leaving Granger and Treadway alone.

“Thank you for a wonderful dinner,” the major said, as he savored the tobacco.

“I am glad you enjoyed it,” Granger said. “I asked you here because I need you to explain your encounter with my wife and Lord Cavendish.”

Treadway stared at him, stunned and speechless. Granger said nothing; he just waited for the man to get his wits about him. “I am not sure I am the one who should explain things, my lord.”

“I am quite sure that you should,” Granger said. “You were seen at my home with Lord Cavendish, going into the baths with my wife while I was out of town. The doors were closed, and the servants were banned from entering.”

“Who has accused us of such a thing, my lord?” Treadway asked, trying to deflect the issue by focusing on the whistleblower.

“It matters not who explained this to me, what matters is that the three of you were seen in an encounter which can only be scandalous. So, Major, I require that you explain to me exactly what happened behind those closed doors,” Granger said firmly.

“My lord, I cannot reveal that,” Treadway said.

“That is certainly your prerogative,” Granger said, his tone getting even more severe. “I will make my position on this very clear. I am leaving for London in the morning. If you are unwilling to be straightforward with me, and explain what happened, I will take this issue up with Lord Spencer, and I will ask that you be removed from Valiant. You are no doubt aware that His Majesty is not likely to look fondly on your actions. If Lord Spencer does not censure you to an adequate degree, I am sure that His Majesty would be willing to see that justice is done.”

“Surely you would not take this issue to His Majesty, my lord?” Treadway asked, horrified.

“I can assure you that I will,” Granger said. “On my travels back from India, through the Egyptian desert, my guide was another British officer who was banished for somewhat similar indiscretions. I am willing to wager that having you spend your remaining days in the army by shuffling around in some Godforsaken desert is well within my powers.”

“You can prove nothing, my lord,” Treadway said.

“Major, I do not have to prove anything,” Granger said. “The fact that you were seen in such a compromising position with my wife is damnation enough. I am sitting here, offering to spare you from oblivion, because I have been impressed with your abilities, but if I cannot trust you, I do not want you on board my ship. And if you will not be candid with me, I cannot trust you. Do you understand?”

“I understand, my lord,” Treadway said.

“What my wife does not understand, and what you evidently do not understand, is that by keeping this a secret from me, it burns in my chest, and the idea of what may have happened becomes a consuming wound for me. I must cauterize it, and seal it off. I am asking you to help me do that,” Granger said. “And in exchange for your help, I am willing to pledge that there will be no retribution directed at you.”

“You are giving me your word that you will forgive me for whatever transgressions I have committed, my lord?” Treadway asked.

“I am,” Granger affirmed. Treadway was thoroughly surprised by that, probably because he didn’t understand that he was largely unimportant in this whole affair. The big issues Granger had were with Caroline and Cavendish. Treadway was merely an accomplice, and thus easily dealt with.

“My lord, I must also ask you to treat what I am going to reveal, at least as it regards me, confidentially,” Treadway said.

“I am not sure I can do that,” Granger said, “but I can promise not to knowingly use what you tell me to harm you.”

Treadway didn’t like that at all, but he seemed to realize that he really had no choice. “Thank you, my lord.”

Before Treadway could tell his story, the door opened, and Winkler came out. “My lord, the baths are ready.”

Granger was at first irate that Winkler had interrupted him just when Treadway was about to explain what had happened, but the man was so stricken with anxiety, it may be difficult for him to do that on the veranda. The baths were much more relaxed, and it was much less intimidating for Treadway to speak with Granger when he was naked in a pool than when he was wearing his dress uniform with his various medals and honors attached to it. “Major, would you mind continuing our conversation in the baths?”

“Not at all, my lord,” Treadway said, and almost seemed relieved. Granger led him down to the bathing room, and they both vanished into dressing rooms to disrobe. Granger emerged from his room at the same time as Treadway, and could not help but take in Treadway’s handsome form. And when Treadway turned away from Granger to walk into the baths, and exposed his cute little ass, Granger had to hurry into the water lest he expose his erection. “These are truly wonderful, my lord,” Treadway said, as he submerged his body into the water.

“They are,” Granger agreed. “And now, perhaps you will explain what happened?”

Treadway nodded. “I was at a party, and was engaged in a conversation with Lord Cavendish. I had met him on various occasions, and he had always been pleasant to me.”

“His Lordship is known for his cheerful demeanor,” Granger said, to encourage Treadway.

“Yes, my lord,” Treadway agreed. “At each of our encounters, our conversations became more, uh, intimate.”

“Intimate?”

Treadway looked down, away from Granger, then looked up at him, with apprehension apparent in his eyes. “My lord, it is difficult for me to discuss this.”

And then Granger understood what Treadway was dealing with, and what he was grappling with. He was trying to tell Granger that he was flirting with Cavendish, and that the attraction between them was not that of mere friends. He was flummoxed at revealing what happened that night not because he was embarrassed about what happened with Caroline, but because he was going to have to reveal that he and Cavendish were trying to seduce each other. “I understand,” Granger said soothingly, as he moved closer to Treadway.

“You do, my lord?”

“You are a very handsome and attractive man,” Granger said, flirting.

“I am not as attractive as you are, my lord,” Treadway said, his natural charm boring through the anxiety he felt.

Granger moved closer and closer to Treadway, who stood rigidly in place. Granger felt him flinch as their legs came into contact, but he didn’t move away. Closer and closer Granger got to the major, until he felt his hard dick jam into something, into Treadway’s pelvis, and at almost the same time, he felt something jab against his own midsection. “You are trying to tell me that you were attempting to lure Lord Cavendish into your bed,” Granger cooed, as he moved even closer, so now their chests were pressed against each other.

“Yes, my lord,” Treadway said.

“And you were worried that if you admitted that to me, I would think badly of you,” Granger said.

“Yes, my lord,” Treadway said breathlessly.

Granger reached down and gently grabbed Treadway’s cock, and felt him jump with both surprise and excitement. Granger gently stroked it, feeling its hardness. It reminded Granger of Calvert’s cock, only it felt longer than Calvert’s, and thinner. “Have I allayed your fears yet?”

“Not yet,” Treadway said, and then it was Granger’s turn to jump as he felt Treadway grab his dick.

Granger moved his mouth toward Treadway’s until their lips met, tentatively at first. But the passion built quickly, until they were engaged in a quite ardent embrace. Granger finally pulled away from him. “Now?”

“My fears are almost eased,” Treadway said, then turned around, offering himself to Granger.

Granger took Treadway’s hand and led him out of the large pool and over to the soaping tub. He bent Treadway over the tub and stood behind him, running his hand over Treadway’s amazing ass. God, it was beautiful, with cute little dimples etched in each cheek. Granger let his fingers trace down Treadway’s crack until he got to the major’s pucker, eliciting a loud moan from him. Granger smiled, and then followed his hand with his mouth. He kissed and licked his way down Treadway’s crack until he got to his hole, where his pucker throbbed in anticipation. Granger rimmed it with his tongue, then dove in, really working Treadway’s ass. Granger could sense the desire in him, and when it peaked, he guided Treadway into the soaping tub.

Granger sat in the tub, and guided Treadway down so he was squatting above Granger’s lap, facing away from him. Slowly, Treadway lowered himself, while Granger grabbed his hard cock and lined it up to Treadway’s hole. With a whimper, Treadway sat down, taking Granger’s cock fully into his ass in one long, smooth stroke. “Oh yes,” Treadway moaned. “Oh yes!”

Granger nuzzled Treadway’s neck as he slowly fucked him, letting his hands run all over Treadway’s torso, gently squeezing his nipples, and touching his abdomen in a light but sexy way. Lower and lower went Granger’s hands, even as his cock slowly slid in and out of Treadway’s hole, until he found Treadway’s cock. It must have deflated when Granger had entered him, but with a few strokes from Granger’s hand, it was fully hard again.

Granger’s encounters with other men usually involved a very physical merging, a very active fuck, and while he’d had sex where it wasn’t like that, with Treadway, it was just so much better. They went on for what seemed like hours, with Granger slowly fucking Treadway, aided by Treadway’s own movements, while Granger stroked Treadway’s cock in rhythm to his own thrusts. And while their bodies maintained a slow and steady pace, their mouths did not. Treadway moved his sideways so their lips met, then moved beyond Granger’s lips to his ear. “God, this is wonderful. You feel so good inside me.”

Granger moaned. “This is heaven.”

“I love feeling your cock spearing me,” Treadway said. He continued to utter words like that into Granger’s ear, in such a soft but urgent manner, the likes of which Granger had never experienced before. And even though their physical pace remained slow, Treadway’s words inflamed Granger’s libido.

“I don’t want to cum, I want this to last forever,” Granger said. “You feel so good, I want to stop myself, but I can’t.”

“Shoot your load,” Treadway urged, in his sluttiest voice. “Shoot your load inside me.”

“I don’t want this to end,” Granger said.

“Let it end,” Treadway said. “We can always do it again.”

Granger chuckled, then moaned, and then he came. And for all the restraint he’d shown when they were fucking, so now he all but lost it when he came. He drove his dick up into Treadway, lifting him up with his hips as he sated his desires into Treadway’s ass. When he was done, he collapsed back into the tub, and Treadway collapsed back with him, lying on top of Granger with his back to Granger’s chest.

Treadway made to stroke himself off, but Granger stopped him, and took over for him. He left his cock lodged in Treadway’s ass as he masturbated the handsome major to an orgasm that was just as intense as Granger’s. Treadway turned over so he was lying face to face on top of Granger, and they smiled at each other. “That was magnificent,” Treadway said.

“I thought so as well,” Granger agreed. They lay there, embracing, for only a few minutes, when Granger felt Treadway’s cock hardening against his. “Someone is a randy bugger.”

“Someone most definitely is,” Treadway agreed. He made to turn over again, but Granger stopped him, and pulled his legs back, asking Treadway to fuck him this time. Treadway lined his dick up with Granger’s hole, and then entered him slowly, in short thrusts, as if to make up for the fact that he hadn’t worked Granger open first. But Treadway’s cock was quite thin, so it really was no trouble for Granger to take him. He sighed with pleasure as Treadway began to slide in and out of him, and after a similarly slow but intense fuck, they had both achieved yet one more amazing orgasm.

Treadway all but collapsed on top of Granger, so intense was their experience, while Granger held him, savoring their physical closeness. “You are an accomplished lover,” Granger cooed, even as he kissed Treadway’s temple.

“I have never experienced anything as good as that,” he said sincerely, as he looked deep into Granger’s eyes so he could see Treadway’s sincerity.

“We are good together,” Granger said, as he stroked Treadway’s back with his fingertips.

But their intimate moment together faded, as they both remembered the subject that had initially brought them here to the baths together. Granger led Treadway back to the main pool so they could rinse off, and as they floated in there, it was time to continue their conversation. “Lord Cavendish had been flirting with me, and I thought I had a pretty good chance of luring him into my bed,” Treadway said.

“I think that you have a good chance of luring anyone into your bed,” Granger said, and ran his hand across Treadway’s cheek in an affectionate way. He allowed his mind a brief tangent to marvel that he was talking about Treadway having sex with Cavendish, something that would normally arouse intense jealousy in Granger, yet he didn’t feel that emotion at all.

“I am not alone in that regard,” Treadway said. “Cavendish told me that he had escorted Lady Granger to the party, and it ended up that we all rode back to your home in the carriage together. We were all quite drunk when we did.”

“Go on,” Granger said.

“I was going to take Cavendish back to my quarters, when her ladyship suggested that we may enjoy the baths. I’d only heard about them, and they sounded wonderful, so I encouraged Cavendish to agree. We went in and disrobed, and we’d gotten into the pool, just like this one. We continued to flirt with each other, and that led to discreet touching, which became less discreet.”

“Much as we just did,” Granger said, sensing that Treadway could use some encouragement as he told his tale.

“It was nothing like what we just did,” he said to Granger, and the intensity of his words and expression surprised Granger.

Granger smiled and kissed him, stopping when it got too heated such that it may derail their conversation again. “We will have to see if we can improve upon perfection when we are done talking.”

“I think if it were any better, it may just kill me,” Treadway joked. He was so engaging, with his smile and cute dimples, it was all Granger could do not to fuck him right there and then.

“But what a way to die,” Granger mused, making them both laugh.

“Indeed,” Treadway said, then got back to his story. “I helped Cavendish move over to the soaping pool.” Cavendish needed help moving about once he removed his prosthetic leg.

“And you got in the soaping pool?” Granger asked.

“No. Instead of getting in, he bent over, asking me to enter him, which I gladly did. We changed positions, such that I was on my back, with Cavendish on top of me, with his back to me, and my cock buried in his ass.”

Granger swallowed hard at that vision, at the thought of Treadway fucking Cavendish with Cavendish’s big cock rising into the air like an obelisk. It was stunning to him that a vision like that did not send him spiraling into a jealous rage, but rather inflamed his body to such a degree that it was all he could do to restrain himself from fucking Treadway again. “That must have been an incredibly erotic sight,” he said seductively.

Treadway swallowed hard. “Evidently Her Ladyship thought so too. We had not known that she had followed us into the baths until that moment, when she appeared in front of us, naked.”

Granger stared at him, stunned. “You did not know she was in the room?”

“I did not, and I quizzed Cavendish about it later, and he said he was not aware either,” Treadway said, then continued with a new purpose, as if determined to finally complete his story. “We froze, as you might imagine, but Her Ladyship walked up to us and reached out to stroke Cavendish’s member, which had lost some of its rigidity. With her hand, she solved the problem, along with some slow prodding from me.”

“I shouldn’t wonder,” Granger said, but now he was irritated.

Treadway swallowed hard, sensing the change in Granger’s mood. “She asked if she could join us, and we were all so inflamed, none of us said no. So while I continued to slowly fuck Cavendish, Her Ladyship squatted over Cavendish and took him inside her.”

“I can see where you had no choice, really, but to agree,” Granger allowed, a futile attempt to ease their discomfort.

“None of us had much endurance, and the coupling was brief but satisfying,” Treadway said. He looked at Granger, the guilt evident in his expression. “After we were done, it was as if we all realized how wrong it was. That, and we were a bit more sober. We rinsed off, then I dressed quickly and left, hailing a cab to take me home.”

“Thank you for explaining that to me,” Granger said somewhat coldly.

“You promised you would not be vexed at me about this,” Treadway said, and seemed devastated that Granger was suddenly cold about this.

“I did, and I am not,” Granger insisted.

“I do not mean to question your word, my lord, but I think it would be only fair for you to offer me some additional assurances.”

Granger caught on to his playful banter. “And what form may these assurances take?”

Treadway moved up behind Granger and guided his thin cock back into Granger’s hole. “This works.”

“Yes it does,” Granger said with a grin.

Copyright © 2017 Mark Arbour; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 58
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 6
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Story Discussion Topic

You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

WOW, what a chapter, this explains so much. Caroline and Cavendish are both probably horrified by what happened and neither of them has the guts to tell George. I am still not sure why Arthur has disappeared unless he was made aware and just doesn't feel he can get involved. Treadway really is inconsequential in all of this. Granger may enjoy him on the trip but his involvement in the three way just isn't the real issue.

 

I am shocked by Caroline. This is just so far out of character that I don't even know how to explain it except to wonder how intoxicated she was. I am not sure how Granger is going to resolve this but he needs to settle things with both Caroline and Cavendish before he sails if at all possible.

 

This was some truly first class writing and plotting both....

  • Like 4
Link to comment

While the explanation was beyond titillating, the scene with Treadway was damn hot!

 

George does seem to bring out the "randy" in his cohorts....

 

More Please!

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Whoa...did not expect the Cavendish twist in the Treadway revelation. So now what's with Arthur (yeah for me on getting his name right this time, I hope :huh:). Happily stunned by the Arbour Awesomeness, thanks.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

I agree with everything in centexhairysub' s review. This was a great chapter and explains Caroline's reluctance to be forthcoming to George. I would go so far as to say that a drunken Cavendish is not really to blame either, although I am sure that he feels incredibly guilty and probobly feels that he has betrayed George. To me, this is all on Caroline and I wonder what she will have to say for herself...if she gets the chance, considering George's anger. It truly is shocking behavior on her part and I wonder if there was a motivation behind it, or was she really really drunk. At any rate she certainly failed in her duty to protect her husband from such a scandal. Thoroughly enjoyable...amazing revelation...great job Mark...thanks ...Gary

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Caroline is truly the slut. She should be embarrassed, but she should know that trying to ignore it hoping it will just go away is the worst possible way to deal with the situation. It is easy to see why Freddy can't face George.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Truly some hot material. I think you probably melted some keys on your keyboard with some parts of this. No wonder it took so long to craft. You'd go back to reread what you had written and uhm . . . got distracted. lol

Caroline is as hot and randy as George. Provided he can silence the footmen I think he will have to be yet forgiving again. He has a long voyage with Treadway to get over it. Provided Lady Elgin can be mollified

Well done.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 05:57 AM, centexhairysub said:
WOW, what a chapter, this explains so much. Caroline and Cavendish are both probably horrified by what happened and neither of them has the guts to tell George. I am still not sure why Arthur has disappeared unless he was made aware and just doesn't feel he can get involved. Treadway really is inconsequential in all of this. Granger may enjoy him on the trip but his involvement in the three way just isn't the real issue.

 

I am shocked by Caroline. This is just so far out of character that I don't even know how to explain it except to wonder how intoxicated she was. I am not sure how Granger is going to resolve this but he needs to settle things with both Caroline and Cavendish before he sails if at all possible.

 

This was some truly first class writing and plotting both....

Thanks! I think we still have to see how Caroline and Cavendish react, so we can try to figure out what it motivating them.

 

It is worth noting, though, that Caroline has been her own person for a long time. George got back from Paris, and suddenly she wasn't on her own, and in charge of everything. That may or may not have contributed to what she did, but it would be perhaps understandable as an act of rebellion.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 06:20 AM, Daddydavek said:
While the explanation was beyond titillating, the scene with Treadway was damn hot!

 

George does seem to bring out the "randy" in his cohorts....

 

More Please!

Thanks!

 

George rarely overlooks a 'hot guy opportunity'. ;-)

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 06:23 AM, Miles Long said:
Whoa...did not expect the Cavendish twist in the Treadway revelation. So now what's with Arthur (yeah for me on getting his name right this time, I hope :huh:). Happily stunned by the Arbour Awesomeness, thanks.
I'm glad you liked the chapter!

 

It's hard to say why Arthur is not around. Then again, he's not the most stable of people under normal circumstances.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 06:24 AM, Headstall said:
I agree with everything in centexhairysub' s review. This was a great chapter and explains Caroline's reluctance to be forthcoming to George. I would go so far as to say that a drunken Cavendish is not really to blame either, although I am sure that he feels incredibly guilty and probobly feels that he has betrayed George. To me, this is all on Caroline and I wonder what she will have to say for herself...if she gets the chance, considering George's anger. It truly is shocking behavior on her part and I wonder if there was a motivation behind it, or was she really really drunk. At any rate she certainly failed in her duty to protect her husband from such a scandal. Thoroughly enjoyable...amazing revelation...great job Mark...thanks ...Gary
Thanks for the review!

 

The irony is that Caroline is really behaving no worse than George, who has certainly has his share of threesomes. The problem for Caroline is that society was much more unwilling in that day and age to accept a woman who would engage in that kind of sexual act.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 02:01 PM, JimCarter said:
Caroline is truly the slut. She should be embarrassed, but she should know that trying to ignore it hoping it will just go away is the worst possible way to deal with the situation. It is easy to see why Freddy can't face George.
Good points. Avoiding telling George had got to be the most damaging thing she's done. The other big issue is that she was seen in a compromising position by the servants, and now it is out. George is no saint, but at least he's discreet.
  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 06/20/2014 08:10 PM, ricky said:
Truly some hot material. I think you probably melted some keys on your keyboard with some parts of this. No wonder it took so long to craft. You'd go back to reread what you had written and uhm . . . got distracted. lol

Caroline is as hot and randy as George. Provided he can silence the footmen I think he will have to be yet forgiving again. He has a long voyage with Treadway to get over it. Provided Lady Elgin can be mollified

Well done.

There are two parts to this: how George handles Caroline in public, and how his relationship with her is affected. I can't see him doing anything, in the end, that would so damage her as to damage their family. At the same time, I'm not sure I see him forgiving her for this, at least not easily. She slept with his best friend (big problem) and another man (bigger problem) and she was seen in a compromising position with both of them (biggest problem)
  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 06/21/2014 03:54 AM, davewri said:
Well, we can always trust George to get to the bottom of the problem.
Now that's not fair. Sometimes George is on top of things.

 

(SMILE)

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Interesting revelation and well worth waiting for. Building the suspense until we all felt George's frustration was a masterful bit of narration.

 

While George is no doubt vexed with Caroline right now, I can't help but think that she may occasionally be invited down to the baths during future visits by Cavendish or Treadway.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
On 06/22/2014 11:12 PM, impunity said:
Interesting revelation and well worth waiting for. Building the suspense until we all felt George's frustration was a masterful bit of narration.

 

While George is no doubt vexed with Caroline right now, I can't help but think that she may occasionally be invited down to the baths during future visits by Cavendish or Treadway.

Thanks for the kudos!

 

I'm not sure about Caroline joining George and Cavendish, or Treadway. He is pretty pissed off at her, and he won't want to spark any nasty rumors.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Reading this chapter again (to get into the mood before the next chapter - oh and because it's HOT :P ), I suddenly noticed Treadwell saying, he left immediately after the tryst with Caroline. Now I'm wondering if Cavendish stayed and this is why he feels badly about the whole affair.

Or even worse he may have refused to have sex with her and told her or let on to how he loves Granger. This may have made her very jealous, and maybe she threathened to reveal his secret (not understanding how it could damage Granger), if Cavendish didn't keep quiet about her indiscretion. Or the other way round: she may have bargained with him: her silence in return for Cavendish staying away from her husband.

Although why Caroline would act so when she's accepted his liasons with men before and even berated two of his lovers for not being loyal to Granger, remains a mystery to me. I'm sure all will be disclosed in time.

I enjoy the Bridgemont series, but I hate seeing Granger in emotional turmoil.

  • Like 5
Link to comment

Finally, the answer to what the hell happened. This explains Cavendish's avoiding of him, but what of Arthur? Curse that old demon drink. It would seem that Caroline was the one who initiated this tryst, but what could possibly have motivated her, inquiring minds want to know. So Treadway is off the hook, Caroline appears to have damned herself and can he ever forgive Cavendish or should he? More please! Great chapter, thank you.

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Well, it seems that Caroline is more deeply involved in the events than we had assumed. She has used her wiles to get Granger in the first place and now it appears she has been the aggressor in a menage a trois in the baths, No wonder she is too embarassed to confess her part in the affair to her husband.

Perhaps she is using her womanly ways to express anger at George, After all, while he is at sea, she is much in cammand of the Granger household, then when he returns, she is forced into a secondary role as he replaces her as the central decision maker in the family. That shifting position would be hard for her to bear up under. We will have to see how the two of them work out their relationships.

I believe they are too much of a family to let these pressure destroy them.

 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Moderator

No wonder Freddie has made himself scarce. On Caroline's part, she's embarrassed and knows how much it would hurt George to find out Freddie had sex with her.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..