Jump to content

Boss Nanny 1. Board Members

   (28 reviews)

It's college. Matt should be worrying about classes, friends, and parties. Not a baby. At least his supervisor is cool when he shows up to work with his infant brother in tow. The owner on the other hand? Matt's sure he'll be an issue. Except, Seamus helps Matt more than anyone.

Copyright © 2021 Mrsgnomie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (112 members)

  • Action Packed 35
  • Addictive/Pacing 88
  • Characters 109
  • Chills 9
  • Cliffhanger 39
  • Compelling 28
  • Feel-Good 34
  • Humor 27
  • Smoldering 57
  • Tearjerker 51
  • Unique 62
  • World Building 39

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

kbois

   17 of 17 members found this review helpful 17 / 17 members

Matt--Just a typical college kid trying to make it to graduation, until one day changes all that. 

Seamus--Non-typical business owner who sees something special in the not so typical college kid and his tiny sidekick. 

Aido Potato--What's not to love about a clingy little chubster with thunder thighs?

Great story with some ups and downs. Matt and Seamus navigate their way through some unusual challenges and learn that to make things work they have to communicate. 

Great character development along the way!

  • Like 7
  • Love 14
Link to review
chris191070

· Edited by chris191070

   14 of 14 members found this review helpful 14 / 14 members

This is the fantastic story of Matt, a typical college kid struggling to make graduation. He struggles with work, his baby brother Aiden (who he's responsible for) and studying.

But everything changes one day when he meets Seamus, a business owner who sees something special in Matt and becomes Boss Nanny, by helping Matt out whilst he works and studies.

We are treated to a rollercoaster of a story, with plenty of ups, downs, twists and turns as Matt and Seamus navigate there way through some difficult challenges, arguments and adventures whilst learning to communicate with each other.

A truly awesome story that comes highly recommended.

  • Like 6
  • Love 12
Link to review
drsawzall

· Edited by drsawzall

   13 of 13 members found this review helpful 13 / 13 members

A unique and amazing story, one that is bound to entertain. Superbly written and paced. 

Well worth the time to read and be thoroughly pleased that you did!! 

  • Like 7
  • Love 8
Link to review
84Mags

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

These are characters you can wrap your heart around and fall in love right along with them. Adorable child, college student who has serious and unexpected life changes, successful businessman with an intriguing backstory, professional athletes, good coffee, great laughs, hot sex... what's not to check out? This story is well paced and the dialogue will have you hooked.

  • Like 7
  • Love 8
Link to review
Mawgrim

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

A story that kept me hooked all the way through waiting for the next chapter. Great characters, pacing and dialogue.

  • Like 7
  • Love 7
Link to review
weinerdog

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

As I write this review five other readers already have reviewed this and they have covered all the great stuff in this story and there is nothing I can add to that .So instead I'll write about the flaws in this story........Yep that's right absolutely none in this story.Highly recommended

  • Like 4
  • Love 9
  • Haha 2
Link to review
CincyKris

   12 of 12 members found this review helpful 12 / 12 members

This is a funny, fast-paced, romantic story.  Matt and Seamus will delight, excite, and frustrate you!  Aidan is one of the best kid characters I've ever read.

  • Like 8
  • Love 7
Link to review
Topnotch

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

The story of Matt, a college student who was looking forward to this new life of freedom, ends up as the sole guardian to his infant kid brother. The story is so well written it's possible this is a self biography. You feel the way Matt struggles with his new role while taking it stride at the same time. It's an interesting balance and the author handled it with great integrity. 

Along the way, I never really knew what was going to happen. When I first met Seamus I wasn't sure if we liked him. Oh, but we did. Then I wasn't sure what his intentions were. Let me tell you, Mrsgnomie has the character arc down to a science. To watch the characters grow is amazingly. So simple, so complex. 

I have followed this author since inception and each story she's written tells another story of her growth as a writer. Each tale is better than the last. I can not wait to see what she has up her sleeve next. Hopefully it's a book deal. She is worthy. 

  • Like 4
  • Love 10
Link to review
Fetalis

   11 of 11 members found this review helpful 11 / 11 members

O. K here is the thing. 

Mrsgnomie is one of the best writers in this site (or any Erotica i would find in book or webisode form) and they outdid themselves in this story. I was hooked on scene one of this story and they kept me on my toes for the whole ride. And the laughter i had on the last scene. Was priceless. 

So that out of the way here is the rewiev from my eyes. "A real young guy who had to inherit a burden finds a great soul to help him. And then the fire burns." 

The story doesnt go long and it doesnt bore you for one second, or it isnt short and tells its great story quickly. Its great Just the way it is. And I would read Mrsgnomie's other works aswell. And watch out for their next project. 

  • Like 8
  • Love 6
Link to review
Danners

· Edited by Danners

   10 of 10 members found this review helpful 10 / 10 members

From college student and barista to half brother-turned-father, poor Matt had his hands full with Aidopotato. Enter spud muffin Seamus. Add in a host of lovable characters, a nasty CFO, and the lasting damage done by a dead narcissist and you have the mash up of what Boss Nanny is all about.

Observing the ups and downs of a budding relationship between and the personal development of the two main characters was a true privilege. Matt and Seamus both had issues, ghosts of former failed pairings, but they also had us and their friends and family rooting for them. (Big Daddy Brad continues to be my unsung hero.)

Through it all, we had two lonely souls — three if you count Potato Fingers — hashing out their differences and expanding the definition of what it takes to be a family. And, bonded by blood or simply found, a family is what they created in the end, and I couldn’t be more satisfied.

I can’t sing this story enough praises; it’s truly magnificent. You’ll laugh your pants wet and maybe dampen a tissue with your tears, but you’ll be compelled to continue because you need to know how it all comes together in the end. It’s the hallmark of a superb story and a gifted author, both demonstrated herein.

As I said in my comment in the epilogue, this story, these characters — they’re gifts. If you’re anything like me, you’ll treasure them ... and beg for a sequel.

  • Like 4
  • Love 10
Link to review
JR Tittle

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Ok…this is a story you can curl up on the couch with your favorite coffee brew and a   blanket and binge read from start to finish! Well done!

  • Like 6
  • Love 6
Link to review
Modified Cub

   9 of 9 members found this review helpful 9 / 9 members

Easily one of the best stories I've ever read on this or any site! Mrsgnomie has an amazing gift for storytelling that grabs you from the start and makes you want to continue until the end of time. This story is addictive and rich in character development, has an intriguing plot that keeps you guessing, and is paced just right. I loved the humor especially and the culinary delights were a nice touch as well. Honestly I could go on and on. This is quite simply a masterpiece and I'm honored to have gotten to enjoy it as thoroughly as I have.

  • Like 5
  • Love 8
Link to review
ChillFire

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

Out of the blue, Matt suddenly becomes a parent and has to raise his baby brother. Now he has to juggle parenting, college, and his new job all at the same time. When everything seems like it is about to fall apart, his boss’ boss steps in to help him out…

What I Loved

Y’know, I thought Boss Nanny was going to be about the “gentle giant that falls in love with the person that needs protecting” trope, and it does have elements of it. (Nothing wrong with that!) However, I do like that Seamus is imperfect and does have his own problems and insecurities, as it gives his character more depth. It isn’t all sunshine and roses in this world, and that’s great.

Being a single parent as young as Matt is hard. He didn’t deserve the cards that were dealt to him, but he was able to adapt well with the help of Seamus. I enjoyed reading Matt’s highs and lows trying to parent Aidan. (And if anything, it sort of reinforced my belief that I definitely do not want to ever parent a baby or toddler, haha. Aidan is very cute, though. I have to admit that.)

The humor is top notch! I laughed out loud several times while reading. (My favourite interaction has to be the texting conversations between Matt and Seamus in Potato Detox.)

All of the “main supporting” characters were used really well, and I loved them all – Matt’s friends at Coffee|Bar, Seamus’s college friends, and Matt’s dad.

Spoiler

I really wanted to yell at Matt sometimes in the first half of the book. I really did. How could he not see that Seamus is doing all of these things for him because of his feelings?? By the end, though, I really liked how Matt matured, was able to learn from his experiences, and use his new “relationship knowledge” when things became a bit rocky.

Speaking of–at first, I wasn’t sure where the whole Loren thing was going. Why did everyone suddenly care about some random Instagram influencer? After reading the chapter, though, I do think that the introduction of Loren and the usage of his character was excellent. Matt was this semi-awkward person at the start of his relationship with Seamus, but he was able to learn from his experiences and coach Loren (even if he didn’t listen to his advice immediately) about Jay’s interest in him. Now that is character development!!

I really loved the scene where Matt and Seamus talk about Seamus’s reasoning behind his actions with Matt at the start of the story, considering the vast majority of it takes place from Matt’s point of view.

What Could’ve Been Better

Minor mistakes litter the story, like usage of the wrong character’s name in a sentence and small grammar issues. There was also one instance where the word “maybe” was written as if it was starting a sentence, but the rest of the phrase appeared to be deleted at some point.

Extremely minor nitpick: authors should be able to use actual emojis in their stories, no? (Not sure if there is some limitation in the GA CMS.) Here’s how to insert an emoji if you’re unaware: on my Mac, I can press Command + Control + Space to bring up an emoji picker. On a Windows PC running Windows 10 or newer, you should be able to press Windows Key + Period.

Spoiler

The last quarter or so of the story fell apart a bit, in my opinion. There was a point where I thought “OK, now is a good time to start winding down and wrapping things up”, but it just kinda kept going. I couldn’t shake this feeling that there was more drama being introduced (Mike and the fight between Seamus and Matt over Aiden) for the sake of having drama. 

The ending was very odd. The whole “the FBI is coming in to investigate” thing made me feel like the Mike arc was building up towards a climax, so it was quite honestly quite jarring to see the epilogue be the next chapter. I think some reorganization, rewriting, and the addition of extra scenes (or – just cut the entire final arc, perhaps?) would’ve really helped with the pacing to bring Seamus and Matt’s story to a soft landing, rather than have everything grind to a quite sudden halt.

I can’t quite tell exactly how I feel about the final scene of the epilogue, even after stewing on it for a while. I think I’m leaning slightly towards the negative side? I think I would’ve liked more of a focus on Seamus and Matt, especially considering how I felt about the last few chapters. After all, this story is about their relationship. But at the same time, there’s something kinda symbolic about the final scene being about Jay and Loren, considering Matt directly affected them by coaching Loren with his own experience with Seamus. I don’t know. I like it but I also don’t really like it at the same time, if that makes any sense.

Miscellaneous Thoughts

Spoiler

Seamus’s confession in the middle of a dance floor in a gay club was certainly unique. 

It’s interesting how Matt interprets Seamus’s facial expressions when watching him with another man as “nothing but love” (paraphrased), but others see possession and jealousy.

Honestly, Matt’s former friends abandoning him by going to Florida without telling him was the best thing they could’ve done. Given the shitty things that they said about Seamus and their abandonment of Matt later on in the story, I have to wonder if they were really his friends or not. Or was it just an inevitability given that they went their separate ways in college?

Seamus just leaving for Mexico in the middle of his and Matt’s fight and then proceeding to appear on social media all “happy-like” really rubbed me the wrong way. I don’t think I would’ve forgiven him as quickly as Matt did.

I wonder if the ending was written in the way it was to set up a sequel with Jay and Loren? Sort of like a “baton-touch from Matt and Seamus to Jay and Loren” type thing.

Verdict

While I do have my reservations about some of the content in the latter half, I don’t think it detracts much from the amazing first three-quarters of this story. Seamus, Matt, and Aiden’s journey together was a joy to follow.

Definitely give this a read.

4.5 stars.

  • Like 5
  • Love 6
Link to review
Onim

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

One of the best, MsG has done it again, master storyteller, checking all the boxes, with beautiful characters showcasing their strengths, flaws, vulnerabilities, with LOVE being the ultimate conqueror!! Loved from beginning to end...a couple of times!:thankyou:

Response from the author:

Thank you @Onim! I'm glad you enjoyed it as much as I enjoyed writing it :)

  • Like 3
  • Love 6
Link to review
pvtguy

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

An absolutely delightful story, wonderfully written, compelling plot, relatable characters, and one which will keep you riveted to each chapter.  Other reviews expand the synopsis, so I won't.  Just know that you're in for a treat.

  • Like 4
  • Love 9
Link to review
Gary L

   8 of 8 members found this review helpful 8 / 8 members

This is one of the best stories i have ever read on this site for the development of characters, their humanity and the monstrous baby!!

A 5***** read! 

  • Like 3
  • Love 8
Link to review
My_Pretty_Kitty_Kat

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

Once again the lovely Mrsgnomie has crafted a compelling read. With Boss Nanny she brews the perfect cup of coffee while landing a touchdown. There are plenty of the expected ups and downs and some that come out of left field. 
Readers will be delighted to follow along as Matt adjusts to unexpected parenthood with a little help from his boss’ boss.

  • Like 5
  • Love 4
Link to review
belisima

   6 of 6 members found this review helpful 6 / 6 members

This story was a pleasure to read from beginning to end.

  • Like 6
  • Love 4
Link to review
Christopher

   5 of 5 members found this review helpful 5 / 5 members

A story of love and perseverance between two men who seemingly have everything yet nothing until they find each other. BUT, will they recognize it before it's too late? 

  • Like 4
  • Love 6
Link to review
Cscampbell

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This is an absolutely great story about finding love in the unlikeliestof places.

Matt's mom dies, leaving him in the clutch for his less than 1-year-old little brother, Aiden The owner of the coffee shop he works for takes it upon himself to help care for Aiden pretty much becoming Matt's free nanny.

This is a great,feel good story, with some steamy parts. Suggest for anyone!

Response from the author:

Thank you for not only reviewing so positively but taking the time to read, like, and comment. You’re a rockstar.

  • Like 2
  • Love 6
Link to review
quokka

· Edited by quokka

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

Great Story.
Very enjoyable to read.

Thank you…

Q

  • Like 1
  • Love 5
Link to review
Pickalane

   4 of 4 members found this review helpful 4 / 4 members

This was a superb story with a bit of a twist. Usually it’s the boss who hires a nanny but that is not the case here. Well written with some of the best dialogue. Each of her main characters or reveals themselves throughout the story. Definitely recommend. Have read the story a half dozen times.

  • Like 1
  • Love 7
Link to review
mate

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

There is not much more that could be said that the others have already said better, so thank you Mrsgnomie for writing this pour of events and multiple storms of feelings, really enjoyable story. It was really hard to take breaks from it, but sometimes one has to sleep, too.

Response from the author:

Thank you Mate for taking the time to read and review this story. I’m glad you enjoyed! Now you (if you haven’t already) can read Jay’s Loelife and see more of them. 

  • Love 4
Link to review
astone2292

   3 of 3 members found this review helpful 3 / 3 members

A total of ninety recommendations? Twenty-three reviews, twenty-two of them being five-stars? I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I kept passing up on this story. 

Make it ninety-one recommendations and twenty-three five-star reviews. 

With a title like Boss Nanny, many heads should cock to the side for a brief moment. For those who pass it up like I foolishly did, you are so missing out. There is a reason this is the most recommended story on this website, and it's because it's that damned good. 

Any sucker for a romance must read this story. The emotional toll on the cast throughout this tale is a forkin' roller coaster ride, and it will have you begging for more. There were moments I needed to take a seat or go outside for a cigarette. Then there were the scenes that caused me to look at my husband and think about adding our own little Aido-potato to the family. 

To the on-the-fence reader. I can't force you to open the first chapter, but I assure when you do, you'll fall for the characters, the plot, the suspense, and even the cliffhangers. Go ahead and get started. You will not regret a thing.

To Mrs. G. I have not read any of your other works, and I regret it. I should've started reading this story a long time ago, for this world you've created is a phenomenal one. You deserve every shred of recognition and praise for this story, whether it be past, present, or future. The situation the main character finds himself in... I can say would put me at my limit. The support he receives is incredibly touching, especially in hindsight after evaluating my read-through. I look forward to reading more of your art. Well, as long as you curb your enthusiasm towards coconut. 

Response from the author:

Thank you @astone2292 this was a very kind review, probably the most glowing. I’m glad you enjoyed it and I look forward to you catching up on the rest!

  • Like 2
  • Love 5
Link to review
Matthew Ross

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Aaaaaahhhhh just too cute and adorable god my heart can’t take it but I read it all and want to keep going for more!

  • Love 3
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..