Jump to content

Never Too Late To Change 1. Never Too Late

   (5 reviews)
Sub-genres: Drama, General Romance

A lonely, older man has spent his life hiding his sexuality. One day, by chance, this changes. Then a young man arrives to help him widen his horizons, as he slowly comes to terms with life as a gay man.

Copyright © 2018 northie; All Rights Reserved.

Story Recommendations (7 members)

  • Action Packed 0
  • Addictive/Pacing 2
  • Characters 7
  • Chills 0
  • Cliffhanger 1
  • Compelling 1
  • Feel-Good 0
  • Humor 0
  • Smoldering 0
  • Tearjerker 4
  • Unique 5
  • World Building 2

Select Chapter
Table of Contents

Recommended Comments

User Feedback

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to leave a review

You need to be a member in order to leave a review

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

G90814

  

I really liked this story.

Unfortunately I see all too much of myself in Eric. While not quite as mature, I'm getting up there in years, and tend to be a loner for the most part. This pandemic year certainly has not assisted. Reading this makes me want to get myself out there a bit more once things are less restrictive. 

Now on to read part 2 :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to review
Mawgrim

  

A heartwarming story. Elderly people are often lonely. There must be many older folk like Eric, counting their pennies and working out if they can afford to put the heating on for a few hours. I enjoyed the development of the story and the way that each little step brings Eric further out of the shell into which he'd withdrawn and shows Andy that there is so much in his own life he's taken for granted.

  • Love 1
Link to review
pvtguy

  

When one lives in abject poverty, has denied himself what most would consider "normal" - like heat in cold weather, nutritious meals, and even friendships, one might come to believe that they are not worthy of such "normalities".  Eric seems to accept his station in life, even to the point of seeming to reject help when offered because his pride is seemingly attacked.  Andy, a charity volunteer, also learns how to communicate effectively, albeit occasionally misspeaking without malice, and develops a wonderful relationship which greatly benefits Eric's life.  Eric is finally able to admit to himself that he is gay and has been closeted all his life.  This is not a romantic story; rather, it is a true journey that shows one is never too old to learn peace in one's life.  This is a superb read!

  • Love 1
Link to review
KayDeeMac

  

This was a very "feel-good" story with truly believable characters.  It goes to show what can happen when we, as human beings, reach out to help our fellow man!!  It was refreshing for me to read "Never Too Late To Change"! 

  • Love 1
Link to review
Timothy M.

   2 of 2 members found this review helpful 2 / 2 members

Imagine you’re old, poor and lonely and living in a cold, damp cottage in England. Then you’ll have the main character, Eric, and the setting of this story. Perhaps the only thing Eric has in common with usual main characters in GA stories is being gay and deeply closeted but opening the door. 
The person Eric opens the door to, is Andy, a young charity volunteer. At first they don’t get along at all, but with nudging from Adam, his clever boyfriend, Andy manages to salvage the initial disaster and gradually win the trust of Eric. He discovers how to help the taciturn, proud oldster who gradually opens up to potential friendships and a glimpse into the unobtainable world of gay romance and relationships.
Northie once again has managed to capture my heart with something real; with characters who make mistakes, but strive to improve; with gentle but piercing observations on how society ignores the needs of the poor, the old, and the lonely. Most of all, how the kindness of a few people, who reach out to Eric during the story, makes all the difference in the world to him.

This review is a shorter version of the blog review found here.

Response from the author:

Eric makes a habit of capturing people's hearts. First mine, and now yours. Thanks, Tim.  :)

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to review
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..