Jump to content
    Paladin
  • Author
  • 3,888 Words
  • 708 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Andre and Chris - 2. Chapter 2

I felt gutted. I had assumed, obviously erroneously, that Andre would be staying tonight. To be honest I was hoping he was moving to live with me.

Andre read my face and kissed me. “Chris, I need to go back to Ettalong. I have things I need to sort out and I need to go to work tomorrow. I don’t have any work clothes apart from the two shirts I bought today.”

I felt foolish. “Sorry, it’s just that I’d like you to stay longer.”

“In that case you need to do something about the wardrobe.”

“What about my wardrobe?”

“If I’m to stay you need to make some space in the wardrobe for me.”

It dawned on me that living by myself I’d just taken over all the storage space. I obviously had some sorting out to do myself during the week.

“So you’re going now?”

He moved into a kiss. “Yes.” It quickly became mutually passionate.

“Sure you don’t want something to eat before you leave?”

He kissed my forehead. “I’ll be right. Mum will have cooked plenty.”

I needed reassurance. “I’ll see you next weekend?”

He smiled that devilish smile again. “Just try and stop me. This weekend has been magic.” Another kiss.

I walked with Andre to his car. I kissed him through the open window and sadly watched him drive off.

Back inside I noticed Andre’s dirty clothes were still in the bedroom. I remembered I hadn’t done my normal weekend wash. I picked up Andre’s clothes and tossed them into my dirty clothes hamper and took everything, including the sheets, to the laundry. I started the washing machine and my phone started ringing. The caller ID said it was Beau but when I answered it was both of them on speaker.

Skye spoke first. “Hi. Are we disturbing you two?”

“No, it’s just me. Andre’s gone back home.”

A surprised “Why?” came from both of them.

I explained about Andre needing his work clothes for tomorrow.

“Poor planning. Typical male” joked Skye “anyway how was the weekend?”

“All I can do is quote Andre. It was magic.”

They were both happy and then Beau added “Aww, do we get more details?”

I laughed. “Only that we spent today having lunch at Terrigal and shopping at Erina.”

They both laughed and Skye suggested having dinner together on Thursday. We ended up agreeing on Skye cooking at their place and me bringing dessert

I’d only just ended the call when a message came in from Andre. I smiled. He was telling me he had arrived safely and was looking forward to next weekend.

The week was strange. Mostly it dragged, except for when Andre and I video called each other. Those times went all too quickly. In between work, I started to sort out my wardrobe. As I looked at the growing piles, I realized this was something I should have done ages ago. I sorted into three piles. One to keep, one for those to be thrown out and another for those to go to Sallies Op shop.

Thursday night was just the three of us, with the occasional intrusion of William. I was welcomed with hugs from Beau and hugs and kisses from Skye.

“You two are not going to stop doing that are you?” He had the biggest possible smile on his face.

“If you think I’m going to give up Chris’s awesome hugs, you’ve got another think coming.”

Beau pulled us both into a joint hug. “I’m not going to miss out on them either.”

I was so grateful that Beau and Skye had accepted me as family. I felt so comfortable with them. In some ways more comfortable than with my own family in Melbourne. The dinner was very much a simple family dinner with family conversation. We chatted about all sorts of things, including William’s development and Skye’s plans to return to work.

Of course, they were also interested in how things were with Andre and me. Skye opened the topic.

“Well Chris, when is Andre moving in to live with you?”

“As far as I’m concerned, straight away. I’m comfortable but Andre also has to be comfortable with us living together. I love the guy and if he needs time to decide I’ll give him time. To be honest, weekends together will be wonderful but unfortunately not ideal and totally not what I want long term.”

Skye put her hand on mine. “You two have been flirting with each other for nearly a year. That wouldn’t have lasted if there wasn’t something serious between you. From what I’ve seen, it’s worth waiting, and it won’t be that long.”

That thought made my heart bounce, but I had another thought. “On the way over on Saturday, Andre said he hadn’t actually told you he’s gay. Is that true?”

They both looked at each other and Skye responded. “Well he’s never actually told me.” She looked at Beau who shook his head to indicate “no”. “We started to suspect just around the end of school and then sort of just assumed. We were right but no, he didn’t open up and tell us. But then we didn’t ask either.”

Beau added, “Shit! If he didn’t tell us, then I bet he hasn’t told mum and dad and . . .”

I finished the sentence. “he needs to tell them before we start living together. Well actually we could without telling them but it wouldn’t be the best way to go about it especially for your parents.”

“Well, what do we do?”

“Not much. Yes, I know you want to help but you should never push someone into outing themselves. Even if your parents realize he’s gay it has to be Andre’s decision to say it. How do you think your parents will respond?”

“As I see it mum will be OK. She loves everyone and especially me and Andre. Dad, I don’t know about. I mean over the years he’s had the occasional apprentice and tradie who’s gay working for him. He seemed OK with that. How he feels about an openly gay son? I don’t know.”

“Your dad has those parties where his workers are invited. I’ve been to a couple, and I’ve seen tradies with their girlfriends or wives. Did the gay guys ever take their boyfriends?”

“I can’t say Chris. To be honest I haven’t paid that much attention. But I get what you’re thinking. Is dad putting out a vibe that says it’s OK to be gay at work but not socially.”

“Beau, if that is the case, we have to make sure Andre and Chris know they have our full support thought this. Actually, they have to know they always have our full support.” Skye is so lovely.

I was looking forward to Friday evening and it did not disappoint. Andre knocked and opened the unlocked door. I swear he was even more gorgeous and sexier than the week before. He had arrived straight from work so I knew he had at least one set of work clothes and could stay with me Sunday night. He was pulling a carry on sized wheelie bag which suggested extra clothing and maybe longer stays. We hugged and kissed.

I looked at the bag. “You’ll be pleased to know I’ve made some space in the wardrobe for you.”

“Thanks that’s great. I’ll hang most of this up and then I won’t feel as if I’m living out of a suitcase.”

“Oh, and by the way I washed the things you left last weekend and you now have your own undies drawers as well.”

“Sorry. I didn’t mean to leave them for you to wash.”

“Not a problem. I had to do my own washing, so they all went in together.”

“So our undies have hung out together.”

I groaned.

Andre smiled. “What’s for dinner?”

“Lasagne. It’s ready to go in the oven. We can have a drink and relax while it cooks.” I paused and thought. “Wait a minute. What’s going on? We have been apart for a week and your priority is food?”

“Missed out on lunch and anyway what we’ll be doing later, I promise, will be worth waiting for.” He moved in for a passionate kiss. “I so missed you this week.”

“Me too.” Another kiss.

Andre opened a bottle of wine as I put the lasagne in the oven. Over dinner we chatted about everything and nothing. When I suggested Andre living here with me he said we could talk about it later in bed. Now where had I heard that before!

After dinner and clearing up we sat huddled together and watched a movie on Netflix. It could have been any movie. What was important was that we were nestled together. By the end of the movie we had melted into each other.

I turned off the TV. “Bed?”

“I need a shower. You can wash my back.”

We washed each other’s backs. Actually, we washed a lot more of each other than just our backs.

Naked together in bed, Andre turned to me. “You want to talk?”

After being together in the shower talking was a lot lower than other things on my priority list but I realised that like Beau, Andre was comfortable talking naked in bed.

“Only if you still want to.”

“I like feeling you next to me. It’s reassuring. So yes, I’d like to talk.”

I decided to bite the bullet and opened up. “Andre, you coming into my life is the best thing that has ever happened to me. I just love you so much and want to be with you, always. I want you to come and live with me, but at the same time I don’t want to pressure you. I only want it to be when you’re ready.”

I waited for him to say something but was met with silence and then my own heightening anxiety. I was aware that Andre was still snuggled close to me and had not moved away. I took that as a good sign.

“Chris, I love you and know you are the guy I want to be with.” He paused “but it’s complicated. Very complicated. I don’t want to get so deep into our relationship that I move in with you and then have to move out.”

This frightened me more than anything else ever had. The man I was in love with and I believed was in love with me, thought there was already something so serious it could destroy our relationship. It couldn’t be something as obvious as how his parents will react to him being gay, but I felt I had to ask.

“Andre, living with me will flag that you’re gay. Are you worried about your parents’ reaction?”

“Yeah, no.” He sighed. “I know they love me but yeah, I don’t know how they will react, especially dad. He’s so old school and often so hard to read.”

This tied in completely with what Beau and Skye had told me, so I let Andre continue.

“Chris, I know I have to tell them, even if they already suspect or even know. I have to say it to them. The thing is I want you with me when I tell them. I want them to know I’m telling them because of how I feel about you.”

I rolled and pulled him into an even closer loving hug, into which he relaxed. We kissed. “Of course, I’ll be with you when you tell them. I want to be with you all the way through this. You have my full support and if I’m not mistaken Beau and Skye as well.”

“Can we do it tomorrow?”

‘We can do it whenever you want.”

“Thanks. But I have to warn you that telling my parents is not the only hurdle. Can we take them one at a time?”

“One at a time is good and I’ll be with you for each one. And, still with you after the last hurdle.”

“Thanks. I needed to hear that. Now I’d like to show you how much I’ve missed you this week and how much I love you physically.”

That was enough. We were both hard and the lovemaking that followed only confirmed how much I wanted to be with this man for the rest of my life.

Saturday morning I woke spooning Andre with my arms around him. I couldn’t resist kissing the back of his neck.

“If you keep that up, we’ll be in here all day.”

As much as I would have loved that, we had agreed to go and see Andre’s parents. Even so it was another hour before we were finished, out of bed and heading for the shower. During breakfast Andre contacted his mum and they decided that we would visit around 3pm. That gave us time to do some late morning grocery shopping.

I drove into the Imperial Centre car park and parked the car. I was lost in my thoughts as I reflected on how a chance meeting here had changed my life so much. How it had brought love into my life and changed it so much for the better.

Andre interrupted my thoughts. “Are we shopping or are you just going to sit there daydreaming?”

“Sorry, let’s get this shopping out of the way.”

 

We walked around to the back door of Andre’s parents’ place and walked straight into the kitchen. Carol greeted us with hugs and asked if we’d like a coffee. We answered “yes”, and I handed over the bag full of slices we’d bought earlier.

“Did you make these?”

I was getting a reputation for cooking. “Sorry no, but they are from a café that make their own cakes and slices.”

She smiled and took them with her as she turned to make the coffee.

Andre’s dad, Lachlan, appeared, said “hi” and shook hands with us.

Soon there were four mugs of coffee on the table along with the slices, which I noticed had been cut into smaller pieces to share more easily.

Andre looked across the table at his parents, cleared his throat and said, “mum, dad, I’ve got something I want to tell you. You know that Chris has become a close friend of Beau and Skye. Now, I want you to know that now he’s also my boyfriend.” I took hold of his hand and squeezed as he continued. “Yes, I’m telling you I’m in love with Chris and that I’m gay. We’ve never discussed it, so I don’t know if you’ve realized I’m gay. I’m telling you now because of Chris and our love for each other. Yes, we love each other, and I couldn’t be happier than having Chris as my boyfriend. All I want is for this to continue.”

I squeezed his hand even more reassuringly and loved the way he squeezed back. Carol looked at me so I added. “Yes, and I’m in love with Andre and I couldn’t be happier having him as my boyfriend.”

Carol came around the table and hugged us both. “In that case I’m happy for both of you.”

Lachlan had followed Carol but was unsure what to do or say. He looked at Andre. “Well I’m happy for you and that you’ve picked someone whose got his head screwed on right.” Andre pulled him into hug. Lachlan wasn’t sure what to do and responded with a half hug. He then turned to me and with a half smile asked, “are you sure you know what you’re getting yourself into?”

I smiled back “I’m pretty sure and I know it’ll work out.” He went to shake my hand but I pulled him into a hug. The surprised look on his face was worth it as well as the bro hug that followed.

Back to the coffee and slices Carol asked, “do Beau and Skye know?”

Andre answered. “Yes mum, we told them last weekend.”

“What! You told them and they didn’t tell me.”

I intervened before Andre could respond. “Carol, actually telling people, especially family, that you’re gay can be hard. Even if you think they might already know. Believe me, I’ve been through it. Also it’s up to each of us, individually, to decide how and who to we ‘out’ ourselves to. Beau and Skye were respecting Andre’s privacy by not telling you, and I expect that was extremely hard for them.”

She looked at Andre for him to say something. “Mum, I think Chris just summed it up. We had the opportunity to tell Beau and Skye last weekend and you were next on my list to tell, but I was only going to tell you if Chris was with me.”

Carol’s face broke into joyful smile. “OK you lot. If Beau and Skye know, we should get them down here so we can celebrate that we all know that all know.”

I got lost in the way she expressed it but understood the concept.

Carol continued. “Andre, call your brother and tell him to get his family down here to celebrate. Lachlan, get some meat out and get the BBQ going. Chris, you can help him. I’ll start getting other things ready.” It sounded like a military operation with Carol in command.

As ordered, Lachlan and I went out to fire up the BBQ. Andre arrived briefly to let us know that Beau and Skye were on their way, so we needed to cook enough for them as well.

Lachlan disappeared into the house and soon reappeared with the meat to be cooked for the meal.

“So, you’re really Andre’s boyfriend?”

I wondered what I was missing. I thought we had just made that abundantly clear. “Yes he’s my boyfriend. We’re dating and I want it to be permanent.”

“So when are you going to shack up together?’

“As far as I’m concerned as soon as possible. On the other hand, Andre is cautious and I’m giving him time.”

Lachlan was thinking. “You know Chris, I’ve had my suspicions about Andre for a few years now. But you! I didn't pick you as being gay.”

“You mean I don’t look or act ‘gay’? Like I’m not effeminate or flamboyant?”

“Yeah, I suppose that’s what I mean.”

“Does Andre look or act ‘gay’?” I used air quotes.

He paused and I could see him thinking. “No, he doesn’t. Not really. It’s just something about him over the last few years.”

It crossed my mind that Andre had been gay for a lot longer than the last few years but decided not to say it.

“Beau said you have employed gay tradies to work for you. Did any of them look or act ‘gay’?” Again I used air quotes.

Lachlan wasn’t stupid. He could see where this was going.

He didn’t answer as he turned the steaks and checked the heat. Once satisfied with the cooking he put down the tongs.

“You’re making me think, Chris. No, they were just like the other guys. In fact one was the most masculine looking guy in the team.” He laughed softy. “I just realized they were the ones who said they were gay. I wonder if there were some who didn’t say, and I just didn’t know. A bit like you Chris.”

“Yeah, we’re just ordinary people and we don’t all fit into a perceived stereotype.” I had another mouthful of my beer and felt comfortable to ask. “Lachlan, another question. You have parties that you invite your team to. I’ve been to a couple and seen them with their girlfriends or wives. How many brought their boyfriends?”

Another pause. “Well there was . . . no he didn’t, and . . . You’re right Chris. I don’t remember any of the gay guys bringing a boyfriend.”

“I’m sure you stressed to the team that their girlfriends and wives were welcome. Did you include boyfriends?”

The answer was immediate. “No Chris I didn’t and you’re right, I should have.”

“Hey Lachlan, don’t beat yourself up over it, just think about it in future.”

Just then Beau burst through the back door. “Do you want another beer dad? What about you Chris?”

Lachlan said yes to another beer. I looked at my still half full bottle and declined, pointing out I was driving.

“Oh by the way, mum asked if the meat is ready.”

Lachlan tested a couple of steaks. “Tell your mother they’ll be ready in a couple of minutes and we’ll bring them in.”

“Great. I’ll have your beer ready for you dad.”

 

We loaded the steaks onto a platter which I took inside while Lachlan closed down the BBQ.

Inside the table was set with a green salad and a warm potato salad. I added the platter of meat.

Again, I felt I was with family as we all helped ourselves to the food.

Carol told Lachlan. “I’ve just heard that Chris is going to look after William for one day a week when Skye goes back to work.”

He looked at me and then at Beau. “Does this mean you can keep working full time instead of taking a day off work?”

“To be honest dad, spending a day a week looking after William is as much about me as it is about Skye returning to work. I want the opportunity to spend time with my son, your grandson, and this is my chance to do so from when he is a baby.”

Lachlan noticed us all nodding in agreement with Beau. He looked at Carol sitting next to him. “I think I’m getting too old. I can’t keep up with all this new generation’s way of thinking.”

Carol quietly stood up and moved behind Lachlan. She wrapped her arms around him and kissed his forehead. “You’re not getting too old. You’re still the handsome, caring, loving and sexy man I married. We just have to listen and learn.”

Lachlan placed his hand gently on Carol’s and locked eyes with me. “I’m learning to listen and hopefully I’ll learn to keep up with new ideas.”

Beau and Andre moved around the table and hugged their dad. Nothing more needed to be said.

 

I was driving home with Andre. He was tipsy and relaxed rather than drunk. He lent towards me as much as the seatbelt would allow. “You and dad were quite chatty out the back. What were you talking about?”

“He asked when we were shacking up together.”

Andre laughed. “You’re kidding me. Nobody says ‘shacking up’ anymore. What did you say?”

“Well your dad did. I told him what I’ve told everyone else. We’ll live together when you’re ready.”

He placed his hand on the inside of my thigh and slid it up and down, although further up than down.

“It’s been a full day and you’ve told your parents and they’re happy. Let’s have an early night. Bed and sleep.”

He squeezed my upper thigh. “I agree to having an early night but I’m sure we can fit something in between bed and sleep.”

He was relieved and happy, and that flowed through to him being horny. I put my hand on his and squeezed. I couldn’t have agreed more.

Copyright © 2023 Paladin; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 24
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this story. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new chapters.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..