Jump to content
    Rip Skor
  • Author
  • 3,123 Words
  • 3,465 Views
  • 7 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Boy Story: The Road Taken - 60. College Wrap Up

College Wrap Up

 

 

I’m going to cover a lot of ground here as I close out the college experience. The following school year I was a Senior at university, which meant it would be my last. Meanwhile, Parker was only in his second year which would make him a Sophomore. Now that we were starting a new school year and we were pre-engaged, we decided to be a little more open and come out to our closest friends. At the inaugural floor party of the semester when most of our friends were in the same room, Parker and I dropped the dime. At first they thought we were kidding to see if we could fool them. When people think “gay,” a picture of Parker and/or me does not generally come to mind. They weren’t being insensitive, they just didn’t expect it, that’s all.

With the help of Joe, Joanne, and Marlene, we were finally able to convince everyone that it wasn’t some elaborate joke. Joe suggested we prove to everyone that it was real somehow. We thought a very long passionate kiss would do the trick, so Parker and I obliged and everyone started cheering and clapping. It was obvious from that kiss that this was no joke, and everyone in that room was quickly convinced. We did ask those assembled there to keep it between us because we weren’t eager to catch shit from the stupid redneck jocks sprinkled throughout the campus. Since none of our group was enamored with the people we were talking about, the secret was not likely to travel that far anyway.

After the initial surprise wore off, we were treated as a couple amongst our friends. When people would talk to me they would include Parker whether he was there or not. If someone needed to ask Parker something but hadn’t seen him, they would ask me to pass along the message, which I always did. After a while, it was like old hat. It was as if it had been like this always. However, we still had to be discreet in the dorm room when having sex. Sure, people were willing to accept a same-sex couple, but we were careful not to throw our sex life in anyone’s face. Then slowly but surely, we became Matt & Parker as one entity. If someone was making plans, they’d say: “You should ask Matt & Parker if they want to go.” It was very sweet from that point forward.

Now, my parents, Parker’s parents, and finally our college friends all knew that Parker and I were a couple. For the first time, it started to seem real. Perhaps the energy that we once used to hide our relationship could now be used to help advance it.

As swim season rolled around, Parker was selected as co-captain of the men’s swim team that year. He hadn’t realized it, but he was the most consistent swimmer in his Freshman year. He didn’t always come in first, but he always seemed to finish in the top four. I did notice that when swim season was underway, his previously smooth, skinny body became more cut and defined. This change was achieved without much time spent at the gym. It was acquired mainly through swimming so much. It didn’t matter to me, I liked either version. He didn’t bulk up, he just became more solid and defined. Then when swimming was in the rear view mirror, his body would return to its normal smooth, skinny self.

As usual, when swim season was in full swing, I became the sole bottom in our relationship, which was an interesting departure from the rest of the year. I must admit, bottoming to a super cut Parker was quite an adventure. I had a sore ass off and on throughout swim season. I actually had to buy one of those cushions that fits over the wooden benches in the stands for when I went to meets. The cushion had the school logo on it, so it fit in with the proceedings and no one ever questioned it. Parker was always aggressive in bed, but that was often mitigated by the fact that he was usually on the receiving end. During swim season, I was certainly taking one…two, three, four…for the team. If that comes off as complaint, it’s not. I would have gladly bottomed for Parker forever, and he was excited that I was getting so skilled at it. After swim season, we began to go back to normal with Parker bottoming more often. It was all good.

At the end of the school year, I graduated. Of course the path to my degree wasn’t without some unexpected drama. I was supposed to receive a packet with all of the graduation information and tickets and so forth. It never came to my dorm room or my parents’ house or Ginny’s house. I went to the administrative offices to inquire about it, and I was told that I needed to see the Dean of Students. I can’t even remember the Dean’s name because he was a pure ass clown. He informed me that I was not being allowed to graduate because I hadn’t fulfilled the upgraded science requirement. I now needed to have “three” science courses to graduate, which was raised from “two” while I was a student. I told him I knew about that because my advisor, Professor Johnson, made a call to the Dean’s office while I was meeting with her before my final semester. We were told that because the new requirement was added after I became a student, I was grandfathered in and the new requirement wasn’t applicable to me. My advisor was the one doing the talking on the phone, but she was told in no uncertain terms that I was grandfathered in, so I didn’t have to take an additional science course in my last semester on those grounds. I could have if I needed to, but I was told it wasn’t necessary. This was NOT my fault. The Dean said in a condescending tone, “Well, whoever told you that was wrong.”

“The person who told me that was someone in your office!” I exclaimed.

He went on to say, “It is the student’s responsibility to fulfill all academic requirements before he or she would be permitted to graduate. I’m sorry, there’s nothing I can do,” the Dean was quick to inform me. “You'll have to take and pass one more science course in order to graduate.”

Well, I could feel my anger and heartbeat skyrocket, and—atypical to my usual demeanor—I lost my temper. I let out my full frustration in the Dean’s office. I was shouting that this was completely unacceptable and telling the Dean that he would be sorry and a bunch of other stuff I can’t even remember. I was fuming! I left the office to avert being arrested by campus police. I even thought about forcing them to arrest me just so I could plead my case before someone more reasonable. I went back to the dorm room and it’s a good thing Parker was not there because I was in a foul mood.

I called my parents. I had one on each phone extension back at home. I managed to calm myself down enough so I wasn’t screaming at my parents, but my voice was wavering with fury.

Then I heard my dad say to my mother, “Hun, isn’t Tom Benson still on the Board of Directors at the college?”

“I believe he is, Jim,” she replied.

“Sit tight Matthew. I’ll make some calls and let you know,” my father said before we ended the call.

I lay on my bed punching the mattress on either side of me. I was so mad and frustrated that I began to cry tears of helplessness. That’s when Parker walked in.

“Hey, Matt, you know the—uh oh, what’s wrong?”

I picked up my pillow and put it over my face and I waved Parker off. He was silent while I screamed a couple of times into the pillow. After a few minutes, I was able to compose myself. My dad being on the case and the screaming made me feel somewhat better. I pulled the pillow off of my face and I looked over at Parker. He was staring at me with a look of concern stamped on his otherwise angelic face. He was too nervous to ask.

“It’s OK, Parker. I’ve calmed down.”

“You sure?” he replied still not sure how to navigate through this.

“I’m furious…but not at you,” I stated.

He climbed onto the bed and attached himself to my side. This simple act calmed me further to near normal. This is the first time I realized I needed him. I'd never made an effort to change how I felt about him, it just happened. I guess needing someone is the next step after wanting someone…and I had arrived.

“The Dean of Students—who is a total ASS—refuses to let me graduate on a technicality. As you can see, I am furious,” I informed him.

“THAT FUCKHEAD!” he bellowed.

I started laughing and then he started laughing. It was so uncharacteristic of Parker to swear, but for him to do it so enthusiastically on my behalf was hilarious.

The phone rang. It was my father. “Matthew, you’re in luck. I spoke with Tom Benson in detail about your situation. They have a Board meeting scheduled for tomorrow night. He said he will bring up your case and see if it can be resolved. I’ll let you know, OK?”

“Yeah, that’s great! Thanks so much, Dad!” I responded full of hope.

“Don’t mention it, kiddo. You’ve worked too hard to have it messed up by some pencil pusher with half a brain. I’ll call you over the weekend.”

“OK, I’ll talk to you later then. Bye.”

I took a long exhale to release the remaining tension that had built up inside me. I looked over at Parker and said, “You are amazing. You know that?”

He shrugged his shoulders, “What did I do?”

“You don’t even realize it. That’s why you are so amazing,” I informed him.

“How about I show you how amazing I really can be?” Parker said with a devilish grin.

“Oh…and how do you intend to do that, young man?” I asked baiting him.

He climbed on top on me and lifted up my shirt. He began licking, sucking, and nibbling on my nipples. I don’t know about other guys, but when my nipples are manipulated, I feel the stimulation radiating to my nether regions. By the time Parker made his way downstairs, I was fully locked and loaded.

Once he got going, he removed my shirt. Then he started kissing my stomach right across the belt line. I grabbed his shirt and pulled it up until he removed it. Skin against skin is so much better than skin against cloth. It didn’t take long for him to discover the one landmark to my excitement. He began to squeeze and prod my sausage through my pants as he was sizing up what he was about to unleash.

“Hey Matt what have you been feeding this thing? Remember that? Ha ha ha. That was classic!” Parker barked out.

“Ha ha. Yeah. I only feed it 100% USDA Grade A rump roast.”

“It looks so huge in your pants,” he commented as he fished it out. “Oh man, it looks huge out of your pants, too!”

As usual it was his time to feast on my manhood while it was my time to fight off the urge to pop off as long as I could. It was an incredible battle of wills that would always end in a breathless climax. This time, it was his decision to suck my balls and stroke my cock simultaneously that finally got me off. The sensation grew and grew until it became too intense to hold back. The first shot cleared my body, my head, and hit the headboard. I remember Parker making a big deal of it—with a "Whoa!"—but I was mentally out of touch and in the zone. Shot #2 landed on the pillow next to my head. Shots three and four hit my jaw line and throat respectively. Shot five hit at about my sternum and then I was out of ammunition.

“Holy shit, Matt. That was awesome! I never saw anyone shoot like that before!” He sat silent for a few seconds with eyes wide and mouth open. “You came and hit the headboard! That’s messed up!”

“Well, the headboard is certainly messed up now,” I joked.

“You should leave it there as like a trophy,” Parker enthused.

“I don’t think it’s something that everyone who isn’t you or me would be interested in,” I cautioned. “Like what would I tell my mother when the bed comes home and she questions the weird stain on the headboard?”

“You’re right. She wouldn’t believe it!”

“That’s not what I meant,” I tried.

“I’d take a picture, but it wouldn’t do it justice.” He reluctantly sprang into action and cleaned up the headboard. “I’d better be careful from now on when I blow you. I wouldn’t want a concussion.”

The funniest part was the next day when I got home from classes. There was a small red, white and blue target taped to the headboard. I had a good laugh at that one.

As promised, I received a call from my father over the weekend regarding the ruling from the Board of Directors.

“Matt, you’re in luck. The board members voted unanimously to grandfather your requirements based on what you told me. There are no surprises that you haven’t told me, right?”

“No Dad, I told you exactly what happened and how it happened. Those were all the details. They can even look at Professor Johnson's notes to corroborate,” I explained.

“Great, then be prepared to go to the office to get your packet next week. The other party involved in this dispute will be notified on how to handle it. If you have any problems, call me back.”

“Sure, great! Thanks so much, Dad,” I squealed my gratitude.

Sweet! Wanting to give it a couple of days for the ruling to be disseminated, I chose to make my visit on Wednesday. I showed up at the office on Wednesday at a little before 11:00, and asked the woman at the desk for my packet. She asked me to wait a moment and she went into the back room. She returned and said, “He’ll be right with you.”

After a short wait, the Dean of Students appeared from the back walking toward me with a big white envelope in his hand. “Apparently, you have some very important friends,” he said as he pulled up to the counter. “As was decided, here is your graduation packet. If it were up to me, you wouldn’t have graduated. But I no longer have a say in this.”

The contempt I had for this man welled up inside of me until it spilled out in one radioactive wave. “Six very well-educated members of the Board that runs this university—all with Doctorate or Masters degrees—looked at all the facts and came to the same obvious decision. They voted unanimously—that’s ALL SIX of them—to permit me to graduate because the fault in this case does not lie with me, but with members of the faculty who provided me with misinformation. If you support a different position, I feel sorry for you and any students you service in the future!” I proclaimed as I snatched the packet out of his hands, turned my back, and promptly walked out.

As I exited through the main doors, I felt the pure thrill of victory as the sun hit my smiling face. I felt like the man who had been wrongly convicted of a crime and had the charges thrown out of court. After four long years, I would not be denied my degree.

The packet I received contained two tickets to the seating area at the graduation ceremony, which took place under a tent on the town common. I had to invite my parents to those seats because they had earned the right to sit there. Parker did attend as well, but he was perfectly happy to sit on the lawn with some of our friends. Of course there was a big graduation party back at my parents’ house, and Parker was invited. We were able to navigate the onslaught of aunts, uncles, cousins, family friends, and neighbors by introducing Parker as my college roommate, which was 100% true. My parents didn’t coach me, but I knew if I introduced Parker as my boyfriend or pre-fiancée, it would have caused quite a stir. Neither I nor my parents wanted to create a hullabaloo at my graduation party, so we were all on the same page, including Parker.

After graduation, I worked at the country club and golf course again in the summer. The pay rate there was better than anything else I’d be able to acquire. Since I already knew many aspects of the job and I was a hard worker, they were happy to have me back. I asked Ginny if I could live with her and Parker again for the summer…and I’d be contributing to the household expenses as expected. She said that was not a problem and reiterated that I was always welcome to stay there because I was like family.

I knew Ginny would rather have me staying there than not, especially since it benefited Parker. However, I never wanted to assume anything or pawn myself off on other people. I was raised to be respectful of other people’s property and privacy. That sense of respect is possibly why I often felt post-coital guilt when Parker and I were done making love. It subsided after some time since it was not without Parker’s participation.

Oh, and one last detail about the Dean of Students, who I alluded to earlier. I won't refer to him by name, but he was later relieved of his post and his marriage. You see, he was eventually caught accepting favors in private from multiple female undergraduates over the years for services rendered. It was all over the local papers when the case was announced. After reading about it, I bought a bottle of champagne on the way home from work. Parker and I drank to his health, so he'll be able to enjoy every minute of his hefty prison sentence. What comes around, goes around.

x

x

x

© 2014 Rip Skor
  • Like 24
  • Love 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I had a sanctimonious prick of a Dean like this as well... I had almost 200 semester hours and over a 3.0 a 3.4 in the second major,  all from his university and he tried to f with me at every step of the way...(I needed 9 more credits to earn a second degree post bac... and he was violently opposed to my getting the degree despite the fact I had more than enough credits by 50, twice the number of honors courses... he was opposed to the exceptions that had been written into my program by the dean who had created my degree program.

 

He even called my advisor in to try to intimidate him with exasperated ranting... I saw red about 20 times and somehow for the first time in my life,  instead of raising my voice... I lowered it...  and slowed down my cadence...I sounded absolutely frightening, like Hanibal Lechter, lol...

 

The dean claimed courses I took at a branch campus and CLEP credits I took were transferred in and should not be counted. 

 

I calmly reminded him that the catalog states that test and branch credits are not transfer credits, but if he wanted to put that in writing I would be forced, as a matter of principle to file a civil and a criminal complaint against him and the institution for fraud in the inducement... Great for PR! I also let him that I would also complain to the Inspector General's Office at the US Department of Education...noting that one of my classmates was already working there, so I was sure they could guide me as to what the process would be. 

 

He was apoplectic... and was about to deny me anyway, when I played my last card...

 

"By the way before we continue, I 'd like to compliment you, on your choice of artwork,  the picture of my (relative with my fairly unique last name) celebrating that s/he is the first ivy league law school graduate ever from (my state undergraduate university) I think I''ll bring them over here before they meet with the Development Office next week to see it... I know they'll be pleased with how it came out!"

 

Asshat glared, signed the document allowing me to complete the degree, and said, "fine it's been 3 years since you took your last language class you'll never pass the language proficiency exam."

 

My advisor pulled me out of the office to select my final classes. As we went to his office, my advisor sat down and said, "I have known you for 6 years, I never thought you'd have it in you...You have always been prepared and polite, but this??? In 20 years of working with that assh*le, no one ever wins. YOU DID! And you were so calm...How did you do it?"

 

I explained that in my home I was raised by school teachers, if they yelled at you, you were in trouble--but "the quieter they got, the worse off you were and the longer the grounding.  He was acting like a petulant child, I decided to treat him like one..."

 

What I didn't tell my advisor was the thing that calmed me down was a vision of the dean visiting the sling room at a local ahem steam and sauna establishment... My words were garden variety chatter. My tone was one a Dominant would use with a sub... lol. Who knew I'd ever learn anything useful from gay porn? 

 

I completed my degree and scored the highest score ever by a non-translation major on the exam. My advisor called me and let me know that the Dean was angry, and even tried to review the video tape from the testing center, but the director said there was no need, that she had proctored it herself and was confident there was no way I could have cheated. 

 

I laughed, it was true, she had, I hadn't, but the reason she proctored my test herself was she remembered me from my CLEP tests and that no one had taken so many and passed them all, so when she saw my name come up, she took it herself "to see how I was doing, and find out how I used all those credits!"

 

Lol... Ironically, I work as an academic advisor and student advocate, I work with deans on a daily basis  and I am proud to say that ALL of them care about student success... and look for ways to uphold the rules, while allowing the student to graduate. 

 

 

Edited by daveymars
  • Like 1
Link to comment

When I was at IUPU I was assured that whatever Course Schedule I started with would be the schedule that I graduated on. It didn't matter what changes were made after I started. I graduated on the schedule I started on.

 

I guess I don't 'get' this whole controversy. Don't ALL universities operate this way? How can a university possibly expect a student to keep up with changes made to their course schedule AFTER they started; planned and plotted the courses to take to graduate. I guess I'm a bit skeptical that this actually happens the way it did in the story...

Link to comment

Wow, Matt almost got stitched up at the end after 4 long years, he indeed had every right to be angry.

Link to comment

The controversy happened exactly as told. The thing that infuriated me was that my advisor, who was also Chair of the English Department, was the person directing my course choices. I was there the day she called the Dean’s Office and they told her that because of my enrollment date, I was grandfathered on the changing requirements. I’m sure that today that Dean has his own place in hell.

Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..