Jump to content
    Rip Skor
  • Author
  • 444 Words
  • 3,944 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Boy Story: The Road Taken - 66. Epilogue

Epilogue

A reader had written to me feeling like the story of Matt & Parker was leading to some momentous climax where someone dies or this whole happy relationship comes crashing to the ground. “Say it ain’t so, Joe!” After all, that’s what we’ve come to expect in most gay-themed movies and television shows of today, right? In entertainment today, there’s a fascination about gay couples facing all sorts of adversity from AIDS to gay bashing to untimely deaths, and then at the end, the audience is hoping for some sort of emotional vindication (think of Tom Hanks’ character in Philadelphia). Frankly, many gay-themed movies are huge downers. That’s why a movie like Get Real was so refreshing when it came out…although it was not without its teary-eyed moments.

“I want to have friends who like me for who I am. I want to be part of a family who love me for who I am and not someone I pretend to be to keep their love. I’m sick of hiding…of being sad…and scared. It’s only love. What is everyone so scared of?”

Hollywood routinely takes its formula and applies it to a story to give it some sizzle. So we get superhero movies with lots of car crashes and gay-themed movies where someone dies or gets killed, or sometimes the protagonist overcomes all sorts of hardship before the end.

Where do we position a story where two boys love each other? A story where a blond boy named Parker will forever walk around naked in front of his partner Matt, not because he is trying to tease him but because he feels comfortable enough to do so? A story where each time the two gay boys have sex is as exciting as the last time, yet is as natural to them as a river flowing or rain falling or the earth turning. A story where two boys are constantly experimenting in and out of bed to determine what they like and what they are all about. After all, that’s what boys do. Why should we expect anything different just because the boys are gay?

Not every story has explosions and villains and zombies to advance the plot line. That’s just what the Hollywood formula adds to keep audiences coming to the theaters. Sometimes we need to be reminded that a story can simply unfold. A plot device that we don’t see so much today, but was used to a great extent in the mid-20th century (especially by Walt Disney), was to end on “And they lived happily ever after.”

Matt and Parker are doing our best to see to that.

 

q

Thanks to everyone who have taken the time to read my story. I've marked it as complete and have moved on to a new story. If you enjoyed reading Boy Story: The Road Taken, feel free to leave a review.
Thanks again! :great:
© 2014 Rip Skor
  • Like 16
  • Love 13
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

I am very content with "happily ever after," especially for these two delightful characters!  I eagerly looked forward to each new chapter/adventure in part simply because there was so little angst. Thanks for a wonderful story. I will look forward to your next endeavor. 

 

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Bravo!  Matt and Parker are two people I could like and get along with very well.  There doesn't have to be a lot of drama to have a very satisfying life filled with passion and romance over the little things, like a simple touch or look!  Well done!

  • Like 3
Link to comment

You have made me smile, the both of you. May Matt and Parker indeed live as long and as happily together as possible. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Thanks for a great story that I've enjoyed reading.  I did often wonder when the ball was going to drop!   I look forward to your next one

  • Like 4
Link to comment

Just that is what I've enjoyed so much about this story. It's a slice of life and that is all one needs sometimes. Then I admit to liking a bit of villain and explosions on occasion too. It is refreshing, though, to read a story where life simply unfolds. Although, not everyone (straight or gay) are lucky enough to find someone to truly love and be able to hang onto them. But it does happen.  

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Thank you for your honesty and pure love shared. This is what really matters and is how we all should live in peace and harmony both in relationships and with our neighbours both near and far. Man is only on this wonderful earth for a short time and we should nurture the most prized possession we have - LIFE. 

I hope your other stories provide hope to those in despair, encouragement to those in need, and joy to everyone. Bravo my friend for creating this wonderful tribute. :2thumbs:

  • Like 2
Link to comment

I’m so thrilled that someone finally created a story about a real life couple who just happen to be same sex! It’s refreshing to read about all of the “normal” mundane daily experiences of real people. They weren’t super rich, they weren’t living in poverty, rather they were just living the daily life of the middle class, with all of its ups and downs. Thank you for sharing the daily grind of life for this unique couple who mirror so many of us in our daily lives with our husbands, lovers and friends. Great story!! I look forward to future stories from you😃

Link to comment

The life you've written about, so normally happy - that's all there should ever be. 

So, thank you for sharing it with us all. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..