Jump to content
    Rip Skor
  • Author
  • 785 Words
  • 8,857 Views
  • 8 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

Boy Story: The Road Taken - 4. Him

Him

 

One day I decided to head off campus a little early so I could get a slice or two of pizza at the mall before going to work. The pizza at the dining halls on campus always seemed to be lacking and the closest off-campus place was Dominos. Remember how their pizza used to taste? Blah. The fact that there was a great pizza place at the mall was cause for an occasional visit.

As I finished my pizza and was throwing out my trash, I spotted Barbara standing out in the mall talking to someone. The area where I was standing was obscured by the artificial mall landscaping, so I angled myself to see who she was talking to. It was there, with my face buried in a bunch of plastic plants, that I saw the most beautiful creature I had ever seen—a boy no less! I literally could not take my eyes off of him. I stood there transfixed behind those plants just staring at this boy. He brought to mind a teenage Leonardo DiCaprio—similar, yet different. He was breathtaking.

The boy was in his mid-to-late teens, thin, cute, wearing clothes that hung on him like a clothes horse. Most notably he was wearing a green army coat with patches and a name I couldn’t make out above the front pocket—definitely an Army/Navy surplus purchase. The coat was a bit too big for him, but it complemented his outfit. Either he spent a lot of time putting his outfit together or he was just naturally gifted with young men’s fashion.

He towered over Barbara, but then again everyone towered over Barbara. His hair was dirty blond with blond highlights and lightly moussed longer spikes in the front. His cheeks had little natural rosy patches and his lips were impossibly red without the need for lipstick. It was all topped off with those big, blue/grey eyes and flashes of his white teeth. I kept blinking to make sure I was seeing it right. I felt something foreign stir within me at that moment. I could have stood there in voyeur mode forever, but I had to tear myself away and get to the store for the start of my shift. But now I had a mission: Find out from Barbara who that boy was.

Flash Forward...Barbara eventually graced me with her usual visit later that week. I didn’t want to seem too eager, so I chatted her up a bit first. When there was a break in the conversation, I went for it.

“Oh Barbara, by the way I saw you in the mall Tuesday night. I waved but you didn’t see me. You were talking to some guy. Is that your new boyfriend?” I asked.

“Boyfriend? Who? What? What did he look like?” she asked excitedly unable to recall.

“I don’t know...he had dirty blond hair, was about your age, thin, and was wearing an army jacket,” I said.

“OH! That’s Parker. I only wish he was my boyfriend,” she replied.

“What, is he already taken?”

“Well yeah kinda, but that’s not it. You see, he’s gay.”

“Gay? Gay?” I asked twice to make sure I heard right as she shook her head in the affirmative. “How old is he?” I continued.

“He’s 17.”

“He knows for sure at 17 that he’s gay?” I quizzed her.

“Well, he has a 24-year-old boyfriend…or had. I think they broke up, but I’d say that’s pretty sure,” she reasoned.

“Gee, he moves pretty fast!” I reasoned.

“You saw him, right?” she asked.

“Yeah, briefly.”

“When you look like that, you can move as fast as you want. Enough said?”

She continued, “He buys a lot of records at the store. Most of what he wants, we don't carry, so he has me special order them. I’ll order one for him, and I’ll get one for the store, too. It makes me look in-tune with new artists before they hit. Actually, you two have similar musical tastes. I should bring him by next time he’s around, so you two can compare notes.”

“Sure, you know me. I could talk music all day,” I assured her.

“Well, I don’t want you to get in trouble for chatting too much while you're working, so I’ll head out. So see ya,” she added with a half wave.

“OK, later!”

Well, now I had something to look forward to if Barbara was true to her word. When it comes to boys, she had a one-track mind. So I’ll quite possibly get to meet the boy who had already invaded my daydreams. And now I learned his name was Parker.

x

x

x

This details the "Helen of Troy" moment that ends up slowly changing the main character's life.
© 2014 Rip Skor
  • Like 40
  • Love 2
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

A face that launched a thousand ships...? I hope the only war this starts is an internal one, which can be distressing and difficult to deal with but no one dies at least.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 04/08/2015 05:40 AM, Puppilull said:
A face that launched a thousand ships...? I hope the only war this starts is an internal one, which can be distressing and difficult to deal with but no one dies at least.
Yes, the carnage will be kept to a minimum. Oh, the humanity!
Link to comment
On 05/23/2015 03:32 PM, Daddydavek said:
Parker is cute. Hopefully he's more than just a pretty boy.
Parker is the most beautiful person (inside and outside) that I have ever met. He's also very funny. But he certainly likes a regular diet of sex, which you'd never guess from his cute exterior and polite manner.
  • Like 1
Link to comment

LOL, he really is clueless, isn't he? But at least he wasn't scared off by Parker being gay, so he seems open-minded enough to grab the chance.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

He's not fooling anyone with his 'I can talk music all day' line. He's as gay as it's possible to be! Haha I can almost see him drooling at the prospect of meeting this boy.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..