Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 722 Words
  • 1,988 Views
  • 6 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2014 Prompt Responses - 30. Chapter 30 Prompts 348 and 350

This is a combination of Prompts #348 and 350. Adam and George (from Prompts 340 and 342) are back and it's wedding time!

“Can you give me one reason why I should believe you?” Adam raised an eyebrow skeptically.

George looked at the ground. “I don’t blame you for not believing me after what happened when we tried to visit your parents, but I talked to my doctor and he prescribed me a sedative for the plane ride. I also checked with the airline and all the flights are on big planes. I want to do this for you, sweetheart. You had your heart set on the Bahamas for our honeymoon. We can’t exactly drive there.”

“Are you sure, Georgie? I know how claustrophobic you are… I don’t want you to wake up halfway through the flight and freak out.”

George smiled, placed his hand on Adam’s thigh, and squeezed gently. “I’m sure. I’ll be fine. Consider this my wedding present to you.”

Adam embraced his fiancé, hugging him tightly. A tear slowly trickled down his cheek and fell onto George’s arm. “Thank you,” he whispered into the other man’s chest. “I know how difficult this is for you. It means a lot to me. I love you so much, Georgie.”

“I love you too, sweetheart.”

Adam tilted his head up and kissed his bear of a fiancé. “I talked to the farmer today and we’re all set for next week.”

“Sounds good. I can’t believe we’ll be married in a week.”

“Me, either.” Adam straddled George’s lap and kissed him again. George stood up and carried his soon-to-be husband into their bedroom.

*****

George stood in front of the small pond on the farm they selected for the wedding. He shifted his feet nervously as he waited for the guests to settle down and the ceremony to begin. The gardens on either side of him were breathtaking –bluebells mixed with geraniums, daisies, and black-eyed Susans provided a colorful backdrop for the lush, green grass and bluish/brown pond. It was an idyllic location and George was glad that Adam found it. A small brown toad hopped out of the garden and George swore it winked at him before jumping into the pond with a soft plop.

Classical music started to play from the speakers and George wiped his sweaty palms on his black tuxedo pants. His eyes were glued to the end of the aisle created by the folding chairs containing their guests. His mouth was suddenly dry and his throat constricted with the emotion of seeing the man he fell in love with when he first set eyes on him five years ago walk down the aisle, escorted by both his parents. His eyes filled with tears as Adam kissed his parents and walked the short distance to stand in front of him. He took his fiancé’s hands and whispered “you look incredible.”

Adam nodded. George knew him well enough to know that he was silent because he was overcome with emotion.

“Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to witness the joining of these two men in holy matrimony…”

The rest of the ceremony flew by in a haze of proclamations of love, “I do’s”, and exchanging of rings. George felt like the ceremony had just started when the pastor raised both their hands and proclaimed them husbands. He gently ran his hands along either side of Adam’s face and kissed him passionately to the cheers and catcalls of their friends and loved ones. They exited down the aisle to Beethoven’s “Ode to Joy”, smiling and laughing. They stopped at the end of the aisle and George hugged Adam, swinging him in a wide circle. He had no idea that it was possible to be this happy. He kissed his husband again, tongues dancing and hands roaming until Adam broke their kiss, gasping.

“If you keep that up we’re going to end up embarrassing ourselves in front of everybody.”

“I don’t care.” George nuzzled into Adam’s neck.

“Twenty-four hours from now we’ll be in the Bahamas and you can ravage me all you want.” Adam smirked. “As long as you’re not comatose from all the sedatives. Guess I’d better bring along a good book, just in case.”

George laughed. “Leave that book at home, babe. Aint’ nothin’ gonna stop me from ripping your clothes off the minute we’re in that hotel room.”

“Good,” Adam smiled and murmured into George’s lips.

Prompt #348 – first line “Can you give me one reason why I should believe you?”
Prompt #350 – list of words: farmer, bluebells, a toad, a pond, and a book
Copyright © 2014 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 9
  • Love 2
  • Haha 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

What a lovely vignette! At first I thought you had a hidden camera on our wedding in our backyard with toads and a pond. Hahaha!!! Your scene made me a little weepy. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing! :)

  • Love 1
Link to comment

So sweet but I'm getting nervous about the flight :lol: poor George ;) I like how you made this story from two prompts. Well done Valkyrie !

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 09/04/2014 02:17 PM, Cole Matthews said:
What a lovely vignette! At first I thought you had a hidden camera on our wedding in our backyard with toads and a pond. Hahaha!!! Your scene made me a little weepy. So beautiful. Thank you for sharing! :)
Awwww...I'm honored I reminded you of your wedding. :) I'm so glad you liked the story. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 09/04/2014 03:02 PM, Slytherin said:
So sweet but I'm getting nervous about the flight :lol: poor George ;) I like how you made this story from two prompts. Well done Valkyrie !
These guys have really stuck with me. lol I really want to know how the flight and honeymoon goes, too. ;) I'm so glad you liked the prompts :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 09/21/2014 07:23 PM, Suvitar said:
Really lovely chapter and we got invited to the wedding :wub:
These guys really stuck with me. Maybe we'll get a peek at the honeymoon at some point... ;) Thanks for reading! :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..