Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 540 Words
  • 2,086 Views
  • 10 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2014 Prompt Responses - 20. Chapter 20

Prompt 325 – Creative
Tag – List of Words
Use the following words in a story – tulips, muddy foot prints, glass of wine, blanket, and a squirrel.

“How the hell did a squirrel get inside the house?” I asked incredulously. “And why are you naked?”

Our house looked like a war zone. There were muddy footprints – human, squirrel, and feline – scattered throughout the living room; picture frames, knick-knacks, and books graced the floor instead of shelves; and Steve looked like he was suffering from shell-shock. He was covered in mud, scratches, and grass clippings.

I was sure that whatever my imagination could come up with wouldn’t even come close to the truth.

Steve looked around the demolished living room, then at me, and dissolved into hysterics. I wasn’t sure if I should join in his laughter or call 911.

When Steve calmed down enough to breathe, he took my hand and led me through the sliding glass doors to our backyard. The backyard hadn’t fared much better than the living room. We stood on the deck, surveying the damage.

“Jesus, Steve! Put some clothes on, will ya? The neighbors will see and they already think we’re perverts.” I grabbed a blanket from the ground that was just as muddy as Steve was. He grinned at me and wrapped it loosely around his hips.

Our back lawn was riddled with muddy skid marks. There was an overturned picnic basket near where the blanket had been, and its contents were strewn around the yard.

“Well, hun… I was planning a special surprise for you for tonight. I had everything just about set up, when I noticed the picnic basket moving. I opened the lid and a squirrel ran out! He had the cotton batting from a gift box in his mouth, with your gift hanging from it. I started to chase him, but kept slipping in the mud. The sliding glass doors were open because I was still bringing stuff outside and the squirrel ran into the house. Well, Tabitha saw him and joined in the chase, which resulted in the current state of the living room. Apparently I got in between them at some point.” He pointed to the scratches on his chest and arms. “They ran back outside and I have no idea where they are now.”

“We better clean you up before you get rabies or something.”

We walked back to the living room and I took another good look at it, imagining the scenario that Steve described unfolding before me. I looked at the state of my half-naked boyfriend and started snickering. It didn’t take long for the snickers to turn into full-out hysterics and I doubled over in laughter, struggling to catch my breath.

“You haven’t explained why you’re naked,” I wheezed.

He smirked at me and took my hand, leading me into the kitchen. “Close your eyes.”

I arched an eyebrow at him.

“Trust me, hun.”

I closed my eyes. I opened them when I felt Steve’s hand pressing something into my chest. It was a bouquet of mangled tulips, my favorite flower.

Steve took two glasses of wine from the kitchen counter and held one out to me. “There were originally two blankets.” He smiled at me seductively and raised his glass of wine. “Happy Anniversary to the man I love more than anything else in this world.”

Thanks for reading! Let me know how you liked it :)
Copyright © 2014 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 7
  • Haha 3
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments

The best laid plans of men often go astray - especially if a squirrel is involved. :lol: Very cute story. :)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/17/2014 11:33 AM, comicfan said:
The best laid plans of men often go astray - especially if a squirrel is involved. :lol: Very cute story. :)
Those critters are quite pesky ;) Thanks for the review :)
Link to comment

Quite a scene you lay out for us readers. I am every so grateful it has never happened to me. Cute and fun, Valkyrie. :thumbup:

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/17/2014 12:51 PM, Ron said:
Quite a scene you lay out for us readers. I am every so grateful it has never happened to me. Cute and fun, Valkyrie. :thumbup:
I'm glad it's never happened to you,too. LOL Thanks for the review and I'm glad you liked it :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/17/2014 03:34 PM, Slytherin said:
LOL :lol: dang squirrel ! Funny story, I'm glad they could laugh about it :funny:
Thanks :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

Oh my lord! Are you sure your two protagonists are not related to me? That was hilarious and I can so see it happening to someone in my family!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 05/24/2014 04:20 AM, Kitt said:
Oh my lord! Are you sure your two protagonists are not related to me? That was hilarious and I can so see it happening to someone in my family!
I'm glad you liked it :) Thanks for reading :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment

An anniversary they´ll remember for a long time, glad they could laugh about it all :P

  • Like 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/04/2014 10:05 PM, Suvitar said:
An anniversary they´ll remember for a long time, glad they could laugh about it all :P
It wasn't dull, that's for sure. ;) Thanks for the review. :)
  • Like 1
Link to comment
View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..