Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 4,225 Words
  • 2,928 Views
  • 45 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2017 - Fall - The Fallout and Secret Spaces Entry

Brotherhood - 1. Brotherhood

Loud shouts and banging doors caused me to open my eyes and stretch my arms. Moonlight flooded through the circular window next to me, and my heart pounded in my chest. My brother stood and I slid off his lap, along with the book he’d been reading to me when we both fell asleep.

“Shit! Mom and Dad are home!”

I’d never seen Elijah look so scared. My lower lip quivered and tears threatened to spill from my eyes.

“Shhh… don’t start crying. They’ll find us. It’s OK. We can sneak out while they’re still downstairs.”

I nodded and wiped my nose on my sleeve. I didn’t want to get my big brother in trouble.

 

My bedroom in our large farmhouse held a secret: my parents knew about the small crawlspace in my closet, but what they didn’t know was there was a crawlspace behind the crawlspace. I found it while exploring my room shortly after we moved in. It was such an exciting discovery for my five-year-old self that I had immediately run downstairs to tell my parents. I ran into Elijah instead, and I showed him my discovery.

It was about half the size of my bedroom with a small, round window overlooking our backyard. I didn’t understand why at the time, but Eli insisted we keep the room a secret. In fact, he made me swear an oath—one which I never broke until that night.

We made the room our own over the next year. Eli brought in a beanbag chair, a lamp, and books our parents wouldn’t let us read. We spent many hours there reading adventures in far-off lands and making up our own stories. It was precious time spent with a big brother who I idolized. In fact, it was the only time we spent together.

It wasn’t until many years later that I realized the subtle ways our parents kept us apart. Eli would ask if I wanted to play catch. I had chores that couldn’t wait. If I wanted a snack, my mom would shoo Eli out of the kitchen and get it for me. If Eli tried sitting next to me at the dinner table, he’d be asked to fetch something from the kitchen, only to find his seat had been taken by someone else when he returned. While they weren’t openly hostile to my big brother, they were cold to him. I never understood why, because he was so special to me.

After the pounding and yelling stopped, we waited several minutes, listening intently at the door. Eli put his fingers to his lips and slowly opened the door. We crept through the crawlspace and into my closet, where we paused and listened again at the door. Hearing nothing, we slipped into my room. My parents were sitting on my bed. My dad had his arm around my crying mother’s shoulders. I hated seeing my mom cry, so I ran over to her and threw my arms around her.

“What’s wrong, Mommy? Why are you crying?” I asked.

I was too young to really process what happened after that. My mother frantically felt me over from head to toe and kept asking me if Eli had hurt me. I couldn’t fathom why she would ask me that. Both of my parents were yelling and screaming at Eli, and in the chaos, I revealed the secret of our special room.

Eventually, I was put to bed, but could still hear the arguing and lots of slamming doors, drawers… I could never be sure exactly what the sound was. I never saw my brother again.

My parents refused to talk about him, saying only that he was ‘missing’. Now that I’m older, there’re a lot of things that don’t make sense. Like, why don’t the police have any records of his case? And why wouldn’t my parents tell me anything about him? It’s almost like he’s… dead. But I can’t find a record of his death, either. I wonder if he ran away, but I can’t believe he’d betray me like that and never try to contact me. Anyway, I’m hoping you can help me find him. I don’t have much information. Just his name and date of birth. I hope to hear from you soon.

 

Sincerely,

Isaac Blackthorn

 

The dark-haired man set his phone down on the table after re-reading the email he had received only a couple of weeks before. What initially appeared to be a complex case, had actually turned out to be quite simple. He wished all of his cases could be this easy, but when he thought about it further, he knew that wasn’t really true. He thrived on complex cases. His specialty was reading people and clues and fitting together puzzle pieces that stumped most other people.

Those cases didn’t appear very often, though. So the more plentiful, mundane part of his job was what paid the bills. He turned his attention to the door as several customers filed into the coffee shop in a single line. All but one headed straight to the counter to place their orders. One young man hung back and surveyed the room. He wiped his hands on his jeans and fidgeted in place as he scanned the room’s occupants.

The man recognized the behavior of someone looking for a stranger in an unfamiliar place. He raised his hand, smiled, and waved when the young man made eye contact with him.

“Mr. Romer?” the young man asked.

“Please, call me Rush.” He gestured toward the seat across from him, and the boy sat. “Do you want to order something before we start?”

“Nah. I’m too nervous to eat. I’ve been waiting my whole life for this.”

“Well, first I’d like to see your license to verify your identity.”

After demonstrating that he was, in fact, Isaac Blackthorn, Rush reached into the worn leather bag on the floor next to him and withdrew a small, manila envelope. “I have some good news for you. I found your brother.”

Isaac’s eyes widened and his hands trembled. “Already? I didn’t even give you any information about him! How’d you find him so quickly?” Isaac gasped and put his hand over his mouth. “Oh my God… he’s dead, isn’t he?” His chocolate brown eyes filled with tears.

“No, he’s not dead. He’s very much alive and desperately wants to talk to you. His number is in this envelope. There’s also a check in there, refunding part of my fee. I can’t charge you what I quoted you for how little work I did.”

Isaac reached for the envelope and held it almost reverently. “Thank you. I can’t tell you how much this means to me.”

Rush smiled. “My pleasure. It’s not often I get to deal with happy endings.”

“I hope you don’t think I’m rude, but my stomach is in knots, so I really don’t think eating is a good idea. I’m going to head home and give Eli a call.” Isaac stood. “Thank you. Really. I mean—”

“No worries. Best of luck to you and your brother.”

Isaac smiled, then exited the coffee shop quickly, almost running into a patron entering the café. Rush sipped his coffee and took a bite of cheese Danish. He savored the tangy taste and wished Ben, his partner, were there to share it with him. He changed his mind after his second bite into the soft baked good. He’d enjoy this treat on his own and bring a couple extra home to share, if they lasted that long.

*****

“I’m not sure I can do this,” Isaac stated as he set his iPhone down on the coffee table in front of him.

“Why not? You said yourself you’ve been waiting your whole life for this. Besides, didn’t the private investigator say Elijah wanted to talk to you?” Charlie raised an eyebrow.

“Yeah, but he didn’t say why. Maybe he wants to tell me to fuck off and never contact him again.”

Charlie snorted. “Oh c’mon. That’s a load of crap and you know it.”

“Well why did he leave? He could have told me he was going or at least tried to contact me sometime over the past twenty years! What if he wants nothing to do with me or hates me? Maybe that’s why he left me….” Isaac wiped his trembling hands on his faded blue jeans.

Charlie moved from the recliner to sit next to him on the couch. She held out a worn picture of two grinning, raven-haired boys. “The boy in this picture doesn’t hate you. I know you don’t want to hear it, but I bet you anything this has to do with your parents. Maybe he couldn’t say goodbye. Maybe he did try to contact you.” She picked up his phone. “There’s only one way to find out.”

Isaac frowned. “I know my parents are a bit strange, but I can’t imagine them driving Eli away—” He stopped abruptly when Charlie kissed him.

“Call him. I’m going to do some chores. Let me know if you need me.” She squeezed his arm and stood.

“What did I do to deserve you?” Isaac smiled.

“I have no idea.” Charlie giggled and headed into the kitchen.

Isaac picked up his phone, then stared at the only picture he had of his older brother. He inhaled, held his breath, then exhaled in a slow, steady stream. He dialed the number on the piece of paper he had received from the PI. The area code was for California, half a country away.

The phone shook as he held it to his ear. Each ring felt like an eternity to Isaac. One. Two. Why wasn’t he answering? Three. Maybe he’s busy and I’m disturbing him. Four. Maybe the detective was wrong and he wants nothing to do with me anymore. Five.

“Hello?”

The deep voice immediately transported Isaac to the secret room in his childhood home and the beanbag chair they curled up in together. Isaac covered his mouth with his hand. Tears streamed down his cheeks.

“Hello? Is anyone there?”

Isaac wasn’t prepared for the surge of emotion that flooded through him, constricting his throat. “E—” came out as a strangled approximation of the sound.

“Isaac? Is that you?” The hope in the familiar voice caused the dam to burst, and Isaac gasped for breath as he fought for control of his emotions. He nodded, then flushed even redder when he realized his brother couldn’t see him.

“Yeah, it’s me,” he finally managed to say.

“Where are you?” The tremor in Eli’s voice matched Isaac’s.

“In Minneapolis.”

“What’s your address? I’m getting on the first flight I can book.”

Isaac relayed his address, then sat in stunned silence, staring at his phone. Eli’s last words before they terminated the call repeated in his thoughts.

“I love you, little bro.”

Charlie entered the room slowly. “How’d it go?” After looking into his red eyes, she was filled with empathy and love for her fiancé.

Isaac opened his arms and she held him tightly, allowing him to expend his relief at finally reconnecting with his brother.

*****

Isaac paced back and forth in front of the baggage claim at the airport. He wiped his hands on his jeans and checked the arrival area. Eli had texted him that his plane had landed; they were just waiting to disembark. Although he usually picked up visitors curbside, Isaac had decided to park the car and greet his brother inside the airport. He knew he’d be too emotional to drive, so Charlie drove him. He also didn’t want the first time he saw his long-lost brother to be from a car window.

A crowd of people approached the baggage claim area all at once, causing Isaac’s heart to pound in his chest. The moment he’d been waiting twenty years for was almost here. Charlie’s hand on his arm helped keep him grounded, otherwise he’d be running through the crowd trying to find Eli.

A tall man with salt and pepper hair slowed as he approached the baggage claim area, clearly scanning the crowd. Isaac stopped pacing and stood still as their eyes met. He gasped. Even with his aged appearance, there was no mistaking the brother he’d idolized for so long. They grinned at the same time and sprinted toward the other, abandoning luggage and companions. They collided in a crushing embrace, each man pulling the other one closer. The only sound they made was the loud release of breath when they couldn’t hold it in any longer.

They stood like that for several minutes before Eli pulled away.

“I’ve been waiting so long for this,” Eli stated, his voice cracking. His eyes filled with tears, like a cup of coffee filled to the brim. “Is everything OK? Did Mom and Dad” He stopped abruptly, a flash of anger briefly darkened his features before turning to concern.

Isaac shook his head. “Everything’s great.” He grinned. “Perfect, actually. I can’t believe you’re really here.” He looked over his shoulder. “I want you to meet someone. This is my fiancé, Charlie.” He turned and waved into the crowd.

A young blonde woman headed toward them. She was smiling and wiped her eyes. Eli looked past her until she hooked her arm around Isaac’s waist. Isaac saw surprise, then disappointment flash briefly across his brother’s features, but dismissed it as travel fatigue.

“Charlie?” Eli asked.

“It’s short for Charmaine. I’ve always hated that name, so Charlie it is.” She held out her hand, and Eli took it and pulled her into a quick embrace.

“So, fiancé, huh? Congratulations, you two.”

Isaac grinned. “Thanks. I don’t know how she puts up with me.”

Charlie laughed. “I don’t know either. Why don’t we head back to our place? I’m sure you two have a lot to talk about. Did you check any luggage?”

Eli shook his head and retrieved the bag he had abandoned when he saw his brother. “Nope. I threw some essentials in my bag and headed right out the door as soon as I got the call.”

Isaac smiled as the trio headed out the airport door and toward the parking garage.

Isaac and Elijah sat in the back seat of Charlie’s burnt orange sedan and chatted the entire ride home. It was all small talk—music and movie preferences, what books they liked to read, and what TV shows they liked to watch. They delighted in their similarities and laughed at their differences.

When they arrived at Isaac and Charlie’s apartment, Eli placed his bag in the spare room, then settled on the couch next to his brother.

Charlie smiled and kissed Isaac’s cheek. “I’m going to go make dinner.”

“Thanks, sweetheart,” he replied. He looked at Eli and rested his head on his arm on the back of the couch. “So what have you been up to for the past twenty years?”

“Oh you know… a little of this, a little of that. I have an amazing family and good career. No complaints, really. Except for missing my brothers and sisters. I wanted so many times to try and contact you, but—” Eli ran his hand through his hair and stared at the ground.

“What happened the night Mom and Dad found out about our secret room? I remember lots of yelling and then the next day you were gone.” He paused. “I used to think it was my fault, but I realize now that isn’t true.”

Eli’s features hardened into a scowl. “I’m sorry you ever blamed yourself. Believe me, it wasn’t even close to your fault.”

“Tell me. What happened? Every time I asked about you they told me you were ‘missing’.”

Eli opened his mouth to speak, then closed it. He drummed his fingers on the couch. “Missing.” He snorted. “I wasn’t missing. They kicked me out. I sent them my contact information every time I moved. I sent you birthday and Christmas cards every year. I’m going to assume you never got them.”

Isaac stared at his brother, trying to read any hint of deception on the other man’s face. He found nothing but honesty. “You mean… they’ve known where you are? This entire time?”

“Sorry, little brother. But yes, they’ve always known.”

Isaac rose from the couch and paced around the living room. “So Charlie was right. She’s always said it was probably our parents that kept us apart.”

“I never wanted to cause any trouble between you and Mom and Dad. I just wanted to keep in contact with you. You’re my little brother.” Eli cleared his throat to try and prevent his voice from breaking.

“Why did they kick you out?”

“You don’t know?”

Isaac shook his head and returned to the couch. “It’s almost like they thought you were going to hurt me.”

Eli scowled. “They have some pretty fucked up views.” He sighed. “Isaac… they did think I was going to hurt you, even though I never once gave them reason to think that. In their ignorant world, I was a threat to you.”

Isaac frowned. “Why on earth would they think that?”

Eli looked away, sighed, and then looked into Isaac’s eyes. “Because I’m gay.”

Isaac raised an eyebrow, then dissolved into laughter. Eli stared at him. This was not the reaction he had expected.

“Why is that funny?”

“Now your reaction to Charlie makes sense. You were expecting a guy. You must have thought I was gay, too.”

Eli smiled. “Well, yeah. I thought maybe that’s why you were contacting me now. That Mom and Dad had found out, and you were in trouble.”

“And you flew right out to my rescue.” Isaac smirked.

Eli laughed. “Damn right. Just call me Prince Charming.”

Isaac laughed, then his expression sobered. “I’m not sure I can forgive them for this.”

“I resented them for a very long time. But what’s past is past. Let’s focus on the future, OK?”

“I’ll try.”

“Are you guys hungry? I can serve dinner whenever you want.” Charlie leaned against the kitchen doorway, holding an oven mitt.

“I don’t know about you, little bro, but I’m starving. I haven’t eaten since breakfast yesterday. Well, I had a snack on the plane, but that doesn’t count.”

Isaac nodded. “Let’s eat, then. Charlie is an amazing cook.”

Both men stood, and Eli headed toward the bathroom. “I’ll get cleaned up before we eat.”

 

“So tell us about California! I’ve never been there. Is it always hot and sunny? Do you live near the beach? Have you ever seen any celebrities?” Charlie asked as she passed Eli a heaping bowl of mashed potatoes.

Eli laughed. “No, no, and no.” He plopped a spoonful of potatoes on his plate and handed the bowl to Isaac. “It doesn’t get as cold as here, but the temps do drop in the winter. The beach is about a half hour away, so not too bad a drive. We’re not in LA, so no celebrity sightings.”

“We? So who’s the lucky girl?” She turned to Isaac, grinning. “I know where our next vacation will be. I’ve always wanted to visit Cali.”

Isaac motioned with his hand for Charlie to stop, but she continued, “Oh this is so exciting! We can take off shopping while you two do guy stuff.”

Isaac looked at Eli with a worried expression.

“Well, Adam does like to shop. We’d be happy to show you the sights. California is a beautiful state.”

“Who’s Adam?” Charlie asked, furrowing her brow.

“My husband. We’ve been together for twenty-one years now.”

“Twenty-one years? So that means….” Isaac started.

“We were together when I still lived with our parents. They caught us together and forbade me to see him. That’s when they stopped letting me near you. We still saw each other, though. After they kicked me out, I stayed with his family for a little bit, then we moved away when Mom and Dad threatened to call the police on them. We moved to California about fifteen years ago and love it there.”

“Wow… so you guys stayed together through all that? What an awesome love story.” Charlie stood and wiped her eyes. “Excuse me.” She walked quickly toward her and Isaac’s bedroom.

“Is she OK?” Eli asked.

“Yeah, she’s… you know… woman stuff.” Isaac’s face flushed bright red. “It makes her more emotional than usual.”

“Ah.” Eli laughed. “I don’t have to worry about that.”

Charlie returned to the table a few minutes later to find both men doubled over in laughter. “What’s so funny?”

The two men sat up straight and attempted to stifle their giggles. It didn’t work; however, as a burst of laughter, along with spittle, erupted from Eli’s mouth, reducing the brothers to gasping, tear-filled bundles of hilarity. Charlie sat and watched, amused, until the laugh attack passed.

“So how long are you here for, Eli?” Charlie asked.

“Just a couple of days. It’s all I could get off work with such short notice. And I’m not sure Adam could handle the kids on his own for much longer than that.”

“Kids?” Isaac stared at Eli. “You guys have kids?”

Eli frowned. “Yeah. Gays can adopt, you know.”

“I know that. What I meant was… I’m an uncle?”

“Oh… sorry. Yeah. You’re an uncle. Adam and I adopted a brother and sister two years ago. They’re eight and six.”

“Wow. I’m an uncle! I can’t wait to meet them!”

“You’re welcome any time. Adam can’t wait to meet you.” Eli speared a chunk of pork chop. “So when’s the wedding?”

“Next summer,” Isaac replied. “It’s at the botanical garden. You’ll bring the whole family?”

Eli nodded. “Of course.”

“So… um… do you want to see Mom and Dad while you’re here?”

Eli frowned. “I don’t know. To be honest, I’d rather spend time getting to know you and Charlie.”

Isaac nodded. “I understand. I’d like that.”

 

After dinner, they settled in the living room—Charlie and Isaac curled up on the couch while Eli settled into the armchair. Isaac was scrolling through movie selections on Netflix when Eli sat bolt upright.

“Oh my God! They have Pee Wee’s Big Adventure!” Do you remember when we used to watch that when we were kids?”

Isaac shook with laughter. “I sure do. ‘I know you are, but what am I?’”

“’It’s in the Alamo…. In the… basement’!”

“’The Alamo doesn’t have a basement!’”

“’Tell ‘em… Large Marge sent ya!’” Eli imitated the cackling laughter of the character he quoted.

Isaac’s eyes widened, and he bent over in silent laughter.

“You used to be so scared of that part.” Eli wheezed and took a deep breath in an attempt to get control of himself.

“I remember. I always had to turn away when her eyes bugged out. “

“Let’s watch it. It’ll be just like old times.”

“The only thing missing is the beanbag chair.”

“Guess we need to do some shopping tomorrow.”

Isaac raised an eyebrow. “I am not curling up on your lap. I love ya, bro, but I have my limits.”

Eli laughed. “Good, because I think you’re a bit old for that now.”

“Who are you calling old? I’m not the one with gray hair.”

Eli snorted. “Well Adam likes it, so it stays.”

Isaac pressed the option to play the movie, and the reunited family settled in for the night.

*****

Rush watched his partner’s lips close around his breakfast treat as he bit into it, causing brown, flaky crumbs to fall to the table. A twinge of desire coursed through him and he chuckled. He was jealous of pastry. Ben’s moans made Rush wish they weren’t in public. He smirked. “Told you it was good.”

“We have to come here more often,” Ben said after he swallowed.

“I think I’d rather get take-out and watch you eat these at home,” Rush murmured.

Ben giggled. “Is there anything I do that doesn’t turn you on?”

Rush pretended to think for a minute. “Yes.”

“Liar.”

“Mr. Romer?”

Rush turned his attention to the young couple standing before them. The man looked familiar. “Yes, I’m Rush Romer.”

“I don’t know if you remember me, but I’m Isaac Blackthorn. This is my wife, Charlie. A couple of years ago you found my brother for me.”

Rush smiled. Now he remembered. “I do remember. How’d everything work out?”

Isaac grinned. “Things couldn’t be better. We’re moving to California next month to be near Eli and Adam and the kids. I can’t tell you how much I owe you for giving me my family back.”

“I was just doing my job. I’m glad things worked out so well.”

“Well, your job really changed my life.” Isaac turned when Charlie tugged on his arm.

“Our order is ready.”

“Nice to see you and thanks again!” He headed to the counter, arm-in-arm with his wife.

Ben smiled and placed his hand over his partner’s. “See? You do make a difference.”

Rush nodded. “It’s nice to see a happy ending.”

Ben cocked his head toward the door. “What do you say we head home and make our own happy ending?”

Rush swigged the last swallow of his coffee. “I’d like nothing better.”

Thanks for reading!  A huge thank you to my amazing team.  I don't know what I'd do without you.  :hug: I'd like to say a special thank you to Cole Matthews for letting his characters make a cameo appearance.  I hope I did them justice.  
Copyright © 2017 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 25
  • Love 12
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

2017 - Fall - The Fallout and Secret Spaces Entry
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



On 11/30/2017 at 1:14 PM, Timothy M. said:

a hot place starting with H :evil:

Haifa? Haiti? Hong Kong? Honduras? Houston?  ;-)

 

 

I enjoyed seeing Rush & Ben, but where was their kid?

 

I was pretty sure why the ‘phobic parents were trying to keep the brothers apart. And I was thinking that Charlie was a man for a while too. I thought that maybe Eli and Issac were closer in age and possibly even in exactly the sort of relationship their parents were afraid of. But it sounds like Eli was just a very nurturing older brother for a much younger brother starved of affection.  ;-)

Edited by droughtquake
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 12:40 PM, LilDaddy98 said:

Curses, you made my eyes wash themselves. :thumbup:

Aww... :hug: I like it when my stories move people. :) 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 2:40 PM, Headstall said:

Aww, Val, this was so sweet. You made me tear up at the reunion. And I loved seeing Rush, and then later, Ben. That was totally unexpected. It was like getting two stories for the price of one. :)  Excellent work, my friend... cheers... Gary....

Thanks, Gary :hug: I thought it would be neat to have Rush as the detective, and Cole was gracious enough to agree.  I'm glad you liked it.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 3:02 PM, Puppilull said:

A heartwarming story in this rainy, dark November night. Very happy for the brothers and their reunion. 

 

Loved the cameo! 

Thanks so much, Puppi :) I'm glad you liked the cameo.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 4:14 PM, Timothy M. said:

I had to check again to see if Cole was writing the story. :lol: you definitely did well with Rush and Ben, though I guess being with Ben has mellowed the PI a lot. Heart-warming story, but I'm wondering what happened at the wedding and after. Did the parents refuse to attend or did Isaac tell them where to go (a hot place starting with H :evil: ). 

Thanks so much, Tim.  Your comment tells me that I did justice to Cole's characters.  I deliberately left the parents out because I wanted to focus on the brothers' relationship.  I don't imagine that they overcame their ignorance, but you never know.  

  • Like 4
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 7:20 PM, BHopper2 said:

Beautifully written. I enjoyed it a lot.

Thank you so much and thank you for the lovely review as well.  :hug: 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 9:11 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Nice story, a pleasure to read!

Thanks, Tim.  I'm glad you liked it.  

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 11/30/2017 at 9:19 PM, dughlas said:

This is really well done.

Thanks for the lovely compliment :hug: 

  • Like 5
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 12/1/2017 at 3:41 AM, droughtquake said:

Haifa? Haiti? Hong Kong? Honduras? Houston?  ;-)

 

 

I enjoyed seeing Rush & Ben, but where was their kid?

 

I was pretty sure why the ‘phobic parents were trying to keep the brothers apart. And I was thinking that Charlie was a man for a while too. I thought that maybe Eli and Issac were closer in age and possibly even in exactly the sort of relationship their parents were afraid of. But it sounds like Eli was just a very nurturing older brother for a much younger brother starved of affection.  ;-)

Rush and Ben don't have Clay with them 24/7.  They need their alone time too ;) 

 

The Charlie ruse was deliberate.  ;) I'm glad it worked.  I'm not so sure Issac was starved of affection, but rather idolized his older brother.  Could be a combination of the two.  Thanks for the comments.  Your comments always make me think. :) 

Edited by Valkyrie
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 12/1/2017 at 10:02 AM, Caz Pedroso said:

A wonderful story. I woild like to see a scene showing the parents reaction. Was there a reunion, or did the parents suddenly find themselves with no children? 

 

A great read

 

:hug: 

Thanks, Caz :hug: 

 

I find it interesting that so many people wanted to see the parents' reaction.  I had originally written a scene where Eli and Issac confronted their parents, but ended up taking it out.  There are so many stories written about parents rejecting their gay children, which include confrontation scenes.  I wanted to shift the focus to the brothers' relationship and how they moved past the hurt to create something positive.  I could write a whole other story about the dynamic with the parents.  Thanks for reading and commenting :hug:  

  • Like 5
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..