Jump to content
    Valkyrie
    • Signature Author
  • 3,017 Words
  • 4,443 Views
  • 30 Comments
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 

The Hollow Hills - 13. Chapter 13

Galen

Buck trotted slowly toward the small crossrail. I crouched in my jumping position. My hands rested on Buck’s neck and I stared straight ahead instead of at the jump, as per Josh’s instructions. Buck slowed even more as he approached the rails and stopped right in front of them, putting his head down. I lurched forward, but pushed myself upright and sat in the saddle. “Maybe Buck’s trying to tell me something. I’m not sure either one of us want to do this.”

“You need to maintain pressure with your legs to encourage him forward. Try it again. We don’t want him to get into the habit of refusing. Your position was good, so keep that up,” Josh said.

I looked at him skeptically, but turned Buck away from the jump and trotted a circle before heading for the middle of the crossrail.

“Keep squeezing with your legs, and hold onto his mane.”

Buck’s ears pricked forward and he increased the pace of his trot. He gathered himself right before the jump and made a little hop, bouncing me up in the saddle and roughly down on his back.

“That’s not too bad for a first attempt. Now that you know what to expect, it will get easier from here. Do it again. Same thing. Squeeze with your legs, and think about staying still. Let Buck do all the work. All you have do is guide him.”

I jumped the small obstacle again and this time managed to not bounce all over the place. I turned toward Josh with a grin. “This is fun!”

He smiled. “You’re a natural. Great job, Galen. Why don’t you jump it one more time, then we’ll call it a day.”

I nodded and trotted Buck toward the jump. I don’t think it was even a foot off the ground, but to me it felt like we were sailing.

“Nice! Well done, Galen.”

I walked Buck into the middle of the ring and stopped in front of Josh. “Thanks. I’m glad you talked me into this. It was fun.”

“Keep working on your jumping position and your transitions. Absolutely no jumping unless you’re in a lesson, though. I don’t want either of you getting hurt.”

“No worries there, Josh. There’s no way I’d jump on my own.”

“Good. Work on adjusting his stride, too. Lengthen and shorten when you’re trotting, and we’ll do some more work with ground poles and a little more jumping during your next lesson.”

“Sounds good.” I walked Buck in a circle around Josh, letting him cool down. Not that he was all that hot. I didn’t work him that hard. “Thanks for fitting me in today. I didn’t want Ethan to watch my first jumping lesson. Now I feel more confident about tomorrow.”

“He’s never watched you ride before? I would have thought you’d have brought him here before now.”

“I have. He met Buck the day after you guys gave him to me. You were out with Roger. He hasn’t seen me ride yet, though.”

Josh nodded. “Any requests for dinner tomorrow?”

“Whatever you make will be great, Josh. I don’t think you’re capable of making bad food.” I laughed.

He smiled. “Thanks. Are you staying for dinner tonight? I have a roast in the slow cooker. There’s plenty since it’s just Alannah and me.”

“That sounds really good, Josh, but I have plans with Ethan tonight. We’re going out to dinner and a movie.”

“Ok.” He paused, then looked up at me. “So things are going well with you and Ethan, huh?”

I smiled. “Yeah. He’s a real sweetheart. I’m so glad I gave him a chance.”

Josh looked at me quizzically. “What do you mean ‘gave him a chance’?”

“Well, he asked me out for like a month before I finally said yes.” I blushed. “I guess I was a bit too distracted to think about dating anyone.”

We stopped in front of the barn and I dismounted, landing lightly on my feet.

“I’m happy for you, Galen. I really am.”

“Thanks. I hear you had quite the weekend. Caroline filled me in,” I said, smirking. I ran the stirrups up on the saddle and loosened Buck’s girth before walking into the barn.

“Yeah. Roger spent the weekend. It was nice. It’s been a long time since he’s been able to do that.”

I glanced at Josh as I removed Buck’s bridle and put his halter on. He attached one cross tie while I attached the other. He looked genuinely happy, and that made me smile.

“That’s great.”

“I have another lesson right now, so I’ll see you tomorrow, ok?”

“Yeah, see you tomorrow.”

*****

Ethan moved the brush tentatively over Buck’s side. I put my hand over his and pressed firmly as I drew the bristles horizontally, following the pattern Buck’s hair made. “You need to put some pressure into it, then flick the dirt away from his skin. You’re not going to hurt him.”

“Ok. I’m just not used to being around an animal this big. Kyle is just slightly smaller.”

I laughed. Kyle was Ethan’s cat. “Yeah, just a little bit.”

We finished grooming Buck, and I saddled and bridled him before walking outside. I mounted Buck, then walked to the outdoor ring, where Josh was just finishing teaching a lesson. He walked over and opened the gate to let me in the ring.

“Josh, I’d like you meet Ethan. E, this is Josh.”

Ethan smiled and held his hand out. “Nice to finally meet you. Galen talks about his lessons all the time.”

Josh nodded and shook his hand briefly before letting go. “I’ve heard a lot about you.”

“All good, I hope.” Ethan laughed.

Josh turned away and checked Buck’s girth. I tightened it a couple of holes before walking along the perimeter of the ring. It was a good lesson. I worked on lengthening and shortening Buck’s stride at the trot and canter. I also cantered in between two poles, trying to fit in the number of strides Josh told me to. At the end, I jumped the crossrail a few more times. It felt much smoother than the day before, now that I knew what to expect.

“Great job, Galen. You’re coming along nicely,” Josh said, patting Buck’s neck.

I grinned. “That’s because I have such a great teacher.”

He looked at me and smiled. “Well, you make it easy,” he said so softly that I almost didn’t hear. “I’m going to head up to the house to start dinner. Come on up when you’re done taking care of Buck.”

I nodded. “Ok. See you in a bit.” I dismounted and loosened Buck’s girth.

Ethan was quiet as we walked into the barn. I untacked Buck and led him into the wash rack, where I hosed the sweat from his body. The three of us walked outside to a nice patch of green grass, and Buck immediately started grazing as the warm sunshine dried his wet coat.

“So, what did you think?”

“You looked great, Galen. I’m really impressed.”

I bumped my shoulder against his. “Thanks.” I paused and looked at him, but he wouldn’t meet my gaze. “Is everything ok?”

He looked at me and smiled, but it looked fake to me. “Yeah, everything’s fine.”

“I’m so glad you’re here.” I moved to embrace him, but at the same time Buck decided to move to a tastier patch of grass, dragging me with him. “The grass is always greener…” I laughed.

Ethan smiled, but it didn’t reach his eyes. Something was going on with him, but I had no idea what. He was quiet as Buck dried, despite my attempts at conversation. When he was mostly dry, I put him in his stall, and Ethan and I walked up to the farmhouse for dinner. I grabbed his hand and held it as we walked.

Josh was chopping vegetables when we entered the kitchen. I left Ethan sitting at the kitchen table while I headed to the bathroom and changed my clothes. When I returned, Josh was stirring something in a pot on the stove, and Ethan was looking at the table and playing with a napkin.

“Where’s Alannah?” I asked as I popped a cherry tomato in my mouth.

“She was teaching lessons at another barn. She just called and is on her way. Liam’s on his way, too. He just got off duty.”

“Perfect. What’s on the menu?”

“Meatloaf and mac and cheese.”

I grinned. “My favorites!”

Ethan raised an eyebrow.

“You’re in for a treat, E. Josh makes the best meatloaf and mac and cheese I’ve ever had.”

“Sounds great.”

“I made some appetizers, too. I figured you’d be pretty hungry after your lesson. They should be ready in a few minutes.”

“Did you make those bacon thingies that I like?”

“Of course.”

“Oh my God, E. Wait ‘til you try these. They’re amazing!”

“I bet.”

“Do you want to make the salad dressing, Galen? All the ingredients are already out. All you have to do is mix it.”

“Sure. The honey mustard one?”

“Yeah.”

“So how long have you lived here, Josh?” Ethan asked.

“About fifteen years.”

“I’ve always been fascinated with the history of this place. I’m glad to get a chance to see it firsthand.”

The timer dinged and Josh removed the hors d’oeuvres from the oven, setting the tray on a trivet on the counter. I added the final ingredient to the salad dressing, and shook the covered container vigorously before setting it down on the kitchen island. Josh poured our requested drinks, then put the hors d’oeuvres on a plate. We all headed into the living room to enjoy the appetizers while dinner cooked.

Liam and Alannah arrived shortly after each other and joined us in the living room. Ethan pointed to the far wall. “When was the addition added? That’s not part of the original house.”

“You have a good eye, lad. Josh added the downstairs bedroom shortly after he moved in,” Alannah said.

“It was just me in this huge house, so I figured I’d stick to the main floor and leave the upstairs alone.”

“He did a brilliant job. He designed it himself. Why don’t you give Ethan a tour, Josh?”

“Sure. Well, you’ve seen the kitchen. I had a guest bathroom added downstairs when I had my bedroom built.” He stood and we followed him into his bedroom, which was actually more like a suite. It was huge. He had a king-size bed in the middle of the room with a large wardrobe on one side and a dresser on the other. To the left of the bed, parallel to the living room, was an office with built-in bookshelves, a bay window overlooking the woods, and a tidy desk with a computer. He also had a large en-suite bathroom, complete with a claw-foot tub and stand-in shower large enough for three people. The style was classic, masculine, and fit the farmhouse perfectly. I sat on the bed as Josh explained his design to Ethan, who listened attentively. I was tempted to lay back and sink into the luxurious mattress. It was like sitting on a pillow; it was so comfortable.

“I’m impressed with your design, Josh. You should have been an architect,” Ethan said.

“Thanks. I almost went to school for architectural design. I decided to stick with cooking, though. Then I got the job at the magazine, and I was happy with that career.”

“Show him what you did with the stairs,” I said. It was one of the coolest features of the house.

We filed out of the bedroom and over to the stairs that were on the other side of the fireplace. Josh opened a door to reveal a closet containing multiple drawers and shelves built into the negative space underneath the staircase.

“I figured it was wasted space and wanted to see what I could do with it.”

“Very impressive. I thought about doing something similar at my house, but I can’t because of the ductwork.”

“Thanks.”

Josh showed us the upstairs rooms, then we headed back to living room while Josh headed to the kitchen to finish dinner. Alannah and Ethan were engaged in a conversation about the history of the farm, so I headed into the kitchen to see if Josh needed any help.

“Can I give you a hand?”

“Shouldn’t you be with your boyfriend?”

I looked at him funny. “He’s talking to Alannah and Liam about the farm.”

“Well, in that case, why don’t you assemble the salads?”

“Ok.” We worked mainly in silence, although it wasn’t uncomfortable. It didn’t take me long to make the salads.

“Why don’t you get everyone seated? The soup’s ready, so I’ll dish it up and bring it out.”

I led everyone into the dining room and sat next to Ethan. I put my arm around his shoulders and drew him in for a quick kiss just as Josh arrived with the first two bowls of soup. “Having a good time, hun?”

He didn’t have a chance to answer, because Josh set one bowl of soup down in front of me, then set the other bowl in front of Ethan with such force it spilled all over his lap.

Ethan jumped up from the table, dabbing at his lap with his napkin.

“What the hell, Josh?” I demanded.

“Sorry,” he mumbled, then stalked back into the kitchen.

“I’ll go clean this up,” Ethan said, and walked into the living room toward the bathroom.

Alannah grabbed Ethan’s bowl of soup. “I’ll get him a refill.”

I put my hand on her arm, stopping her. “No. I’ll get it.”

She nodded and I strode into the kitchen, where Josh was facing the counter, both hands braced on the countertop.

“What the hell is your problem?” I threw the bowl into the sink with a loud clatter.

“Galen, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean –“

“Why are you acting like such an asshole? Ethan was so excited about coming here, you know.”

Josh was silent and wouldn’t look at me.

I grabbed a fresh bowl and filled it with soup. “You had your chance and made your choice, Josh. Don’t take it out on Ethan just because we’re happy and you’re miserable.” I brushed past him, not waiting for a response. I was furious at his behavior. Ethan sat down when I re-entered the dining room, and from the look he gave me, I was sure he had heard my words with Josh.

“Here you go.” I set the bowl down gently in front of my disconcerted boyfriend. I sat next to him and took his hand under the table, squeezing gently.

“Thanks.” He smiled half-heartedly.

To say that the rest of dinner was strained would be an understatement. Liam, Alannah, and I tried to make light conversation, but Ethan was very quiet and Josh responded in mainly one-word answers. I kept shooting Josh dirty looks. He avoided my gaze, so I think he knew I was still angry with him. I was so disappointed in how the evening went. I wanted Ethan to be a part of my world, but I could see that I had a lot of work to do to make that happen.

*****

Ethan was silent as I drove to his house. He looked out the window and moved his hand away when I tried to hold it.

“You’re awfully quiet. What’s wrong, sweetheart?”

“Now I know why you won’t let me make love to you,” he said so softly I almost didn’t hear him.

“What?”

“You lied to me.”

“Huh? I’ve never lied to you, Ethan. Where is this coming from?”

He looked at me, and the sad expression on his face nearly broke my heart. “You said Jamie was the only other guy you’ve dated.”

“He is.”

“You never told me you dated Josh.”

Now his behavior made sense. I made a mental note to have another chat with Josh the next time I saw him. “I’m not lying to you, Ethan. Josh and I have never dated.”

“But you’ve slept with him.”

I shook my head. “No. I’ve never slept with him.”

“But you wanted to.”

I sighed. “Yeah, I did want him when we first met.”

Ethan snorted. “Great. I knew this was too good to be true.”

“Hey, I said when we first met. We’re past that now. He has a boyfriend,” I said, then paused to grab Ethan’s hand. “And so do I.”

He tried pulling his hand away, but I gripped it tighter. “You’re telling me if he and his boyfriend split up and you were single, you wouldn’t go for him?”

“That’s a lot of ‘what if?’s.”

“So you would.”

I pulled Betsey over to the side of the road and stopped. I turned and placed both my hands alongside Ethan’s face. “Who I wanted a few months ago has nothing to do with who I want now.” I kissed him lightly on his lips. “And right now I want you.”

Ethan looked at me skeptically. “What about the future?”

“Who knows what the future will bring? I’m not going to promise to spend the rest of my life with you. It’s too early in our relationship for that. Let’s enjoy what we have right now, and worry about the future later.”

Ethan sighed. “Just don’t lie to me, ok? I can wait for the future, as long as you’re here with me.”

I nodded and kissed him. “I’m not going anywhere.”

He smiled. “Ok.”

I pulled Betsey back onto the road and drove to Ethan’s house. We spent the night making love. Ethan was almost desperate in his need to please me, and I found it a bit disconcerting. I caught him crying when he thought I was asleep, and I held him until he stopped. I was going to have to find a way to prove to him that I did want him in my life. I’d just have to think of how.

 

 

So what do you think will happen next? Thanks for reading!
Copyright © 2018 Valkyrie; All Rights Reserved.
  • Like 45
  • Love 3
  • Wow 2
  • Sad 4
  • Angry 1
Stories posted in this category are works of fiction. Names, places, characters, events, and incidents are created by the authors' imaginations or are used fictitiously. Any resemblances to actual persons (living or dead), organizations, companies, events, or locales are entirely coincidental.
Note: While authors are asked to place warnings on their stories for some moderated content, everyone has different thresholds, and it is your responsibility as a reader to avoid stories or stop reading if something bothers you. 
You are not currently following this author. Be sure to follow to keep up to date with new stories they post.

Recommended Comments

Chapter Comments



I really believe Josh was sincere when he said he was happy for Galen. But then during the diner he had been confronted with the reality of Galen being happy with someone else other than him and in his own house, the place where he shared his passions for horses and cooking with Galen. Until then Galen being with someone else was abstract, it was just an idea. Now he has to face the reality that Galen he's close and is sharing things with another man.
Ethen's reaction after Josh behavior during the diner and hearing what Galen said in the kitchen is totally understandable. Why would Galen have wait so long before saying yes to go out with him? Why Josh is acting with jealousy? After all the both of them are really close and share a lot...
It's a good thing Galen have been honest with Ethen about having feelings for Josh when they first meet, but are those feelings over now? I hope Galen is not going to let Ethen fuck him just to prove him he's the one he wants and not Josh

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

Finally, I believe Galen actually wants to be with Ethan and not Josh. However, Ethan's question at the end was probably a too close to home. If Josh asked Galen for a second chance, I'm not entirely sure he would say no. I just hope Galen keeps his cool and doesn't do anything overly dramatic or romantic to prove his feelings to Ethan. That would be difficult though, when someone so sweet is feeling so bad.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment

I don't get the feeling that Galen really does want Ethan, rather that he really does want a relationship. The only guys in this story that seem 100% stand up are Liam and Galen. I think I still like Josh a LOT more than Ethan. Really, I mean he has been so needy and clingy from day one. He took a shot at Galen and got turned down, after an attempt or two you move on. Like Galen did with Josh. But instead he persisted, isn't it always easy to say I wasn't going to ask any more right after an offer is accepted? Then after that he has seemed very clingy and insecure. I get that he overheard something uncomfortable and that it was all a bad situation when Josh acted inappropriately, but I see his reactions as overly dramatic and again playing the poor pitiful me card. I mean Galen defended him, that should have been more than enough at this stage in a relationship. To jump to the conclusion that Josh is the reason why Galen won't let him top him once agains shows a level of insecurity and immaturity. There could be any number of reasons for that, a real relationship that was a disaster for one. I agree with the other reviewer - Galen would be making a mistake to bottom for him. Sets a bad precident if the relationship does continue (which I hope doesn't much longer) that if he whines or cries he can get what he wants. Now I know why you won't let me make love to you - meh, no better than the high school kid with the "if you really loved me" line to get laid.
I hope Galen wakes up to not being able to fix the other person in his relationship as much as I hope Josh wakes up to the same thing.

  • Like 3
Link to comment

Ah, no…this was all too heartbreaking.

 

The moment I finished reading it, the only thing I could think of was Prince Charles and Lady Diana's first interview after their engagement was announced. "Do you love her?" the reporter asked. "Yes," the prince said. "Whatever 'love' means."

 

That moment of sickening shock on Lady Di's face perfectly matches Ethan's reasons for crying himself to sleep. “What about the future?” Ethan asked. “Who knows what the future will bring?" said Galen.

 

I feel so bad for Ethan, and for all those who have ever loved another more deeply than that love was returned.

 

Great chapter, despite the sadness.

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/08/2015 11:51 PM, clochette said:

I really believe Josh was sincere when he said he was happy for Galen. But then during the diner he had been confronted with the reality of Galen being happy with someone else other than him and in his own house, the place where he shared his passions for horses and cooking with Galen. Until then Galen being with someone else was abstract, it was just an idea. Now he has to face the reality that Galen he's close and is sharing things with another man.

Ethen's reaction after Josh behavior during the diner and hearing what Galen said in the kitchen is totally understandable. Why would Galen have wait so long before saying yes to go out with him? Why Josh is acting with jealousy? After all the both of them are really close and share a lot...

It's a good thing Galen have been honest with Ethen about having feelings for Josh when they first meet, but are those feelings over now? I hope Galen is not going to let Ethen fuck him just to prove him he's the one he wants and not Josh

Thanks for the great review, Clochette. You've hit on a lot of really good points. We'll see what happens with Galen and Ethan. Ethan has had his eyes opened...now let's see what he does with it.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/09/2015 02:13 AM, Puppilull said:

Finally, I believe Galen actually wants to be with Ethan and not Josh. However, Ethan's question at the end was probably a too close to home. If Josh asked Galen for a second chance, I'm not entirely sure he would say no. I just hope Galen keeps his cool and doesn't do anything overly dramatic or romantic to prove his feelings to Ethan. That would be difficult though, when someone so sweet is feeling so bad.

Thanks for the review, Puppilull. I just want to give Ethan a big hug. We'll find out in the next couple chapters how Galen decides to prove his feelings to Ethan.

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/09/2015 06:49 AM, pzetts3 said:

I don't get the feeling that Galen really does want Ethan, rather that he really does want a relationship. The only guys in this story that seem 100% stand up are Liam and Galen. I think I still like Josh a LOT more than Ethan. Really, I mean he has been so needy and clingy from day one. He took a shot at Galen and got turned down, after an attempt or two you move on. Like Galen did with Josh. But instead he persisted, isn't it always easy to say I wasn't going to ask any more right after an offer is accepted? Then after that he has seemed very clingy and insecure. I get that he overheard something uncomfortable and that it was all a bad situation when Josh acted inappropriately, but I see his reactions as overly dramatic and again playing the poor pitiful me card. I mean Galen defended him, that should have been more than enough at this stage in a relationship. To jump to the conclusion that Josh is the reason why Galen won't let him top him once agains shows a level of insecurity and immaturity. There could be any number of reasons for that, a real relationship that was a disaster for one. I agree with the other reviewer - Galen would be making a mistake to bottom for him. Sets a bad precident if the relationship does continue (which I hope doesn't much longer) that if he whines or cries he can get what he wants. Now I know why you won't let me make love to you - meh, no better than the high school kid with the "if you really loved me" line to get laid.

I hope Galen wakes up to not being able to fix the other person in his relationship as much as I hope Josh wakes up to the same thing.

Thanks for the great review, pzetts. I'm so happy that someone likes Josh better than Ethan! lol Ethan has been hurt in the past, and that is affecting his relationship with Galen. We'll see what the future has in store for these two. The next couple chapters are pivotal in the story. Thanks for reading!

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 06/11/2015 07:05 AM, AC Benus said:

Ah, no…this was all too heartbreaking.

 

The moment I finished reading it, the only thing I could think of was Prince Charles and Lady Diana's first interview after their engagement was announced. "Do you love her?" the reporter asked. "Yes," the prince said. "Whatever 'love' means."

 

That moment of sickening shock on Lady Di's face perfectly matches Ethan's reasons for crying himself to sleep. “What about the future?” Ethan asked. “Who knows what the future will bring?" said Galen.

 

I feel so bad for Ethan, and for all those who have ever loved another more deeply than that love was returned.

 

Great chapter, despite the sadness.

Thanks, AC. It is heartbreaking when you love someone so much and realize that they don't feel the same way. We'll see what Ethan does with that realization. Thanks for reading and reviewing. I really appreciate your support!

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I'm a little confused about how I feel after this chapter. Josh acted like a jealous little bitch. For someone who is a consummate host, he was pretty obnoxious. It's like they are all dancing around each other, and nobody but Ethan really knows what they want. I hated when Galen said Josh already had his chance... it seemed so childish.... No one is acting like grown ups, but I guess that's because they aren't facing what they truly feel. For all the wisdom we acquire through our life, we humans seemed to be able to revert to out stupid selves in a heartbeat. You really touched me with Ethan's pain and insecurity. He's done nothing wrong, but I think it will be him who pays the price. Interesting chapter, Val... cheers... Gary

  • Like 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 07/23/2015 12:52 AM, Headstall said:

I'm a little confused about how I feel after this chapter. Josh acted like a jealous little bitch. For someone who is a consummate host, he was pretty obnoxious. It's like they are all dancing around each other, and nobody but Ethan really knows what they want. I hated when Galen said Josh already had his chance... it seemed so childish.... No one is acting like grown ups, but I guess that's because they aren't facing what they truly feel. For all the wisdom we acquire through our life, we humans seemed to be able to revert to out stupid selves in a heartbeat. You really touched me with Ethan's pain and insecurity. He's done nothing wrong, but I think it will be him who pays the price. Interesting chapter, Val... cheers... Gary

Thanks, Gary. There are complex dynamics at work here. Josh is usually a consummate host, but it seems that Galen is chipping away at his hard exterior. I agree that it doesn't take much for us to revert to our stupid selves. lol Thanks for the review. :)

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Galen the great pretender. He just doesn't realize he is. Ethan can feel it. Josh is just being immature and childish. Wants his cake ...

  • Like 2
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
On 04/29/2016 01:23 PM, Mikiesboy said:

Galen the great pretender. He just doesn't realize he is. Ethan can feel it. Josh is just being immature and childish. Wants his cake ...

Yeah, Josh was a brat and Galen is definitely in denial. There's a lot more to come!

  • Like 2
Link to comment

Well there is a enough pain in this chapter for everyone lol. Its to sad that Josh cant figure out what he needs or how to get to this point without acting out. And Galen so childish

with his remark to Josh. “You had your chance and made your choice, Josh." I think its time for Ethan to play his hand and put his cards on the table as painful as it will be.

I think this will not end will for Ethan

Great chapter

Edited by Albert1434
  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
23 minutes ago, Albert1434 said:

Well there is a enough pain in this chapter for everyone lol. Its to sad that Josh cant figure out what he needs or how to get to this point without acting out. And Galen so childish

with his remark to Josh. “You had your chance and made your choice, Josh." I think its time for Ethan to play his hand and put his cards on the table as painful as it will be.

I think this will not end will for Ethan

Great chapter

Yeah, lots of faults and mistakes going around here and no one is willing to own up to them.  Thanks for the great comments.  Lots more to come!  

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to comment

Josh's behavior in this chapter is appalling.  For an older guy, he is really acting immature.  Whenever something doesn't go his way, he projects it onto other people.  I'd be surprised if Galen would want to date someone who acts this way, no matter how strong their chemistry is.  Moreso, I think this has a possibility to strain their friendship.  Josh is pissy about Galen being happy with another person, and sabotaged their dinner, which Ethan and Galen were both looking forward to.  That is not the way a friend should act.      

 

And poor Ethan. :(

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment

I have to agree that Josh's actions at the end of the lesson and then at dinner spilling the soup all over Ethan's lap. I'm glad that Galen stood up to Josh about his behavior. I hope that the feelings Ethan's feeling right now will go away soon, because right now it seems like he's not feeling very good about him and Galen is going to last. I also hope that Galen will stay with Ethan even if Josh breaks up with Roger and tries to get into relationship with Galen. If that happens and Galen agrees to give him another chance I think that will destroy what Ethan and Galen are trying to build up which will also destroy Ethan's fragile ego. 

Galen is truly hiding his true feelings for Josh as he tries to build a stable relationship between them. Galen needs to be honest with himself about his feelings for Josh before he can truly be able to tell Ethan about his feelings for him and only him. 

I'm really enjoying this story so far. 

  • Like 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
5 hours ago, Butcher56 said:

I have to agree that Josh's actions at the end of the lesson and then at dinner spilling the soup all over Ethan's lap. I'm glad that Galen stood up to Josh about his behavior. I hope that the feelings Ethan's feeling right now will go away soon, because right now it seems like he's not feeling very good about him and Galen is going to last. I also hope that Galen will stay with Ethan even if Josh breaks up with Roger and tries to get into relationship with Galen. If that happens and Galen agrees to give him another chance I think that will destroy what Ethan and Galen are trying to build up which will also destroy Ethan's fragile ego. 

Galen is truly hiding his true feelings for Josh as he tries to build a stable relationship between them. Galen needs to be honest with himself about his feelings for Josh before he can truly be able to tell Ethan about his feelings for him and only him. 

I'm really enjoying this story so far. 

Your comments are pretty spot on.  Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and I'm glad you're enjoying the story.  :) 

  • Like 1
Link to comment

What an excoriating dinner. It was very painful to read.  Josh was a first class ass and should be extremely embarrassed for his deliberate, mean actions to humiliate Ethan. Ethan is shy, but not a weak person.  He is intelligent enough to understand what is going on between Galen and Josh.  He must of felt awkward and out of place during the rest of the meal.  Galen is also an ass, first class!  He did stand up to Josh, but his reassurances to Ethan were lame and obviously insincere. They showed him up for what he is, conflicted and unwilling to move forward with Ethan.  Again, Ethan is intelligent and sees through the weak attempts by Galen to reassure him of Galen's love.  Great chapter, Even if I hated what happened, you thoroughly immersed me in the tangle of emotions.😒  :hug:

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
9 hours ago, raven1 said:

  Great chapter, Even if I hated what happened, you thoroughly immersed me in the tangle of emotions.😒  :hug:

Perfect!  :hug:  

  • Love 1
Link to comment

That went well ... Josh's immature behavior was an absolute surprise. He was a complete ass. Ethan has done nothing to be treated so, he simply loves someone, who saddly doesn't deserve him. I'm disappointed in Galen. Yes he called Josh on his childishness but I think he should have made apologies to Liam and Alannah and left rather than put Ethan in the position of enduring such an awkward evening. I feel for Ethan, I think he's begun to understand that he has no future with Galen. Honestly I question what Josh and Galen see in the other, at the moment neither seems a prize worth having.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
51 minutes ago, dughlas said:

That went well ... Josh's immature behavior was an absolute surprise. He was a complete ass. Ethan has done nothing to be treated so, he simply loves someone, who saddly doesn't deserve him. I'm disappointed in Galen. Yes he called Josh on his childishness but I think he should have made apologies to Liam and Alannah and left rather than put Ethan in the position of enduring such an awkward evening. I feel for Ethan, I think he's begun to understand that he has no future with Galen. Honestly I question what Josh and Galen see in the other, at the moment neither seems a prize worth having.

:yes: Agreed 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
10 minutes ago, Valkyrie said:

:yes: Agreed 

I was beginning to think your goal was to see how much you make us dislike them.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
  • Site Administrator
Just now, dughlas said:

I was beginning to think your goal was to see how much you make us dislike them.

Nah... they're human and made some really dumb mistakes.  We all do things we regret, but it's what makes us human and the people we are today.  We'll see if/how they make up for everything.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment

View Guidelines

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Newsletter

    Sign Up and get an occasional Newsletter.  Fill out your profile with favorite genres and say yes to genre news to get the monthly update for your favorite genres.

    Sign Up
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..