It is everyone’s worst nightmare. You have gone on vacation and decide to go out and see this new place at night. While you are busy looking in the windows and seeing the people move from place to place, someone has been following you. After a wonderful meal at a nice place, you stop to go to the bathroom and as you go to leave you feel someone grab you and before you can move you slip into unconsciousness. When you awake you realize you are tied up and have been kidnapped. Why have you been targeted?

Okay, I don't know how much it fits in the prompt but this is what came out. Again, proceed at your own risk for it is unedited and contains mentions of brutality.  :ph34r:

Several hours had passed since I’d been placed in this invisible cage. Nothing could be seen beyond; only darkness existed. There were several of us yet I didn’t recognize any of them. Some were taller, some shorter. At times, another one would appear suddenly, almost like magic. It would look at us and then would go to an isolated corner. It was always the same. Each one of us kept mum, as if speaking loud could attract the wrath of a higher power.

“So much for a vacation in the tropical island,” I sighed.  The blue sea and the warm air were exactly as I expected except for the part where I was knocked off after the dinner. My head still throbbed from where I’d been hit.

Suddenly, we were all thrown in the open. I could hear some crying out of joy but something seemed wrong. The sky was too bright to be true; the air tasted artificial, too clean; hushed whispers surrounded us. I watched one of us trying to flee away but got thrown back. Another invisible cage. I looked around frantically, trying to find some loop to escape or at least some answer. Why did they put us here? What did they want from us?

I tried to concentrate on the whispers when a shape appeared in front. It grabbed the one which was trying to flee. All of us watched as he tried to wriggle away but the grasp remained firm and placed him on a platform. His screams filled the air yet it seemed only us could hear him. A weapon rose in the air and struck him. His life seeped away as the blows continued. Barely alive, he was thrown away. Each one of us remained paralyzed. This was what they wanted. This was what waited for us.

The whispers grew louder, like a death knoll. As I raised my head, I found a pair of eyes, unlike mine, looking at me. This time, I heard what they said.

“I want this one.”

The shape appeared again. I scrambled away even if I knew that I had nowhere to go. I screamed as I was lead to the platform, well aware of what was ahead. Over my screams, I heard another voice, different yet clearer than ever.

“Another Ikizukiri for table four.”

Author's Note:

Edited by Ieshwar